(Topic ID: 173382)

Rick and PPS Making Fraudulent Claims - FYI

By RetroRefurbs

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Big VOid (resized).png
    onepost1 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Rick Rolled (resized).jpg
    Rick (resized).jpg
    10177928-blue-footed-booby (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    travvy (resized).JPG
    red footed booby (resized).jpg
    ted cohiba HT adj (resized).jpg
    joker work (resized).jpg
    labnip-1 (resized).jpg
    ufo_schenker (resized).jpg
    IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0483 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0484 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 7 years ago

Mr. Personality helps the world's food producers maintain profitability.

The so-called Lawyer posting threats sure reminds me of Lyle Hutz on The Simpsons. Very professional. I hope he gets disbarred for the garbage he posted.

#71 7 years ago

Great seller; would buy from again.

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

interesting that that letter above states "mechanical and electro-mechanical pinball machines" so would that mean games up to the point and not including solid state and dmd era games.
    also nice to have an offical release of trademarked protected game titles

Proof of how sloppy Lawyers as well as their clients can be. Amazing that a member of the technical staff, such as a VP of Engineering did not get asked to sign off on those statements. If there is no one with pinball experience still on at Scientific Games (There are at least two technical people with Williams and Bally pinball knowledge at the Company as far as I know, who could have helped with the details in that letter) then outside consultants could have been used as there are several available to Scientific Games.

Another example how another Lawyer can possibly get a case dismissed during Discovery.

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Sorry people. A DMD games is technically still and EM device. Electromechanical simply means mechanical device that is electrically operated. Using circuit boards to operate solenoids still fall into this category. Just because we use EM, SS and DMD to separate categories of machines does not mean it is the true definition.

A good Lawyer can tear that up in court.

Various documents by Seeburg Industries, Xcor International, Williams Electronics, Inc., WMS Industries and Bally Manufacturing Corporation have been entered as exhibits in Legal actions in prior Litigation. Some cases were between these two entities. Coincidentally, before one's pinball assets were sold to the other.

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

my query is
    I respect the point of view like copying art that is a direct copy from a game that is under your license but what I don't get is like above, Frax doing something that is creative and not a direct copy off the game but we get what it relates too due to the pinball elements but it is not copying the artist as they are not copies to existing art just an artistic creation.
    If anything it is promoting a Bally game CFTBL for pinheads, so isn't that a good thing as eventually they may buy a game and need to get parts etc. He is not making any money, but just having some fun and sharing it with others.
    Likewise the creative guys doing the apron art that is a continuation of the playfield art to the apron, technical it is not copying that art but a new creation of continuing the art as the apron art never existed.
    If these are issues for you maybe you better head over to Redbubble and chase those guys for a while
    http://www.redbubble.com/shop/creature+from+black+lagoon

Lyle Hutz is penning a letter as we speak....

#159 7 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

is that the Simpsons lawyer?

Yep

#310 7 years ago
    Quoted from JDD:

Hey, it's a party! Is everyone having fun?

Mr Personality looking fine as ever.....

#314 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It didn't stop them from going after pinball rescue in Australia.p
    Quality apron decals- RIP.

Fear not, there was someone at the recent Expo selling them in the parking lot for $20.00 apiece. They had a note on the main bulletin board to contact.

#438 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Abandonment of IP?
    "A mark shall be deemed to be “abandoned”. . . when its use has been discontinued with intent not to resume such use. Intent not to resume may be inferred from circumstances. Nonuse for three consecutive years shall be prima facie evidence of abandonment. “Use” of a mark means the bona fide use of such mark made in the ordinary course of trade, and not made merely to reserve a right in a mark.
    This means that if a marketer stops using a trademark for three years and has not done anything substantial within that time to reintroduce the trademark into commerce, the trademark becomes abandoned.
    After abandonment, all previous “goodwill” and name association that may have existed are gone, and the trademark is available for a new company or entrepreneur to create new goodwill. Its former owner has no legitimate grounds for stopping a new user from adopting its old brand name by asserting that it has residual goodwill."

A classic example: Rockwell Power Tools.

#483 7 years ago

The rules are different for Mr. Personality.

#523 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damon:

Holy shit, I just finished reading through this whole fiasco and it reminds me how much the hobby has changed in the last few years. Im not a lawyer and i dont really know who is right and who is wrong in all of this legally. I just wanted to add my 2 cents from the perspective of a member of the community who buys roughly 12-15 pins a year and is likely your target demographic for both businesses. I have done business with PPS and BAA in the past and make them money everytime i buy a part from marco or any other legit supplier (prob). I try to never buy anything unlicensed unless there really is no other choice on the market. I think I, much like most people in the hobby want our money going to the right people and people who have done service and work in this community. That being said, youre kind of asshole about how you interact with the community Rick, so its not hard to understand the lack of sympathy for you. I wish i could say this persona that you have is specific to Pinside but Ive met you in person, and as a customer and found you to be very rude. I had a few questions at your shop, one day when you were still in Campbell and rather than answer them you put me down and made me feel stupid for having asked the question, then spent literally 5 minutes telling me how people on pinside were "retards." Needless to say, it didnt leave the best impression of you. If this same exac issue happened to, lets say for example, Melissa at Cointaker I think the community would rally behind her in a way that they just dont for you, and its not because youre not in the right, its just because as a person youre kind of a bully. In every situation where something "Licensed through PPS" goes wrong you seem to be the first to point the finger elsewhere. The most recent examples I can give is MMR being a PPS product until everything that went wrong with delays, coin mechs, color dmd, build quality and overall costumer satisfaction happened, then it was magically Chicago Gaming's problem/fault/game. Twisted Pins had the official PPS seal of approval and i think a shitload of us all got screwed on those WH20 Toppers, as someone who lost money in that whole fiasco the "Officially Licensed by PPS" means nothing to me in regards to build quality or safety. Nothing was ever done to make it right. This would all be moot if we could say that PPS products are number one in terms of quality but literally everyone agrees the best decals are the ones from Phoenix Games that used to be screened. I think I for one am going to vote with my dollars and try to avoid giving them to the companies i dont believe in and im going to take a long hard look at maybe slowly making my way out of the hobby if this along with the pricing on stuff recently is a sign of things to come
    tl;dr: Everyone looks like an asshole in all this, Rick has never solved issues that involve officially licensed products anyway so for a customers the only real differentiation should be quality also i think im going to sell all my games if this current trend continues and make my way out of the hobby all together and suggest other large number collectors maybe consider doing the same. If we all stop paying for this nonsense it'll stop.

2016-11-20-23-27-59-787685286 (resized).jpg2016-11-20-23-27-59-787685286 (resized).jpg

#591 7 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Really? Every pump in AZ has to list what the current state gas tax is.

Not every state has that requirement.

#610 7 years ago

No respect intended for PPS.

#671 7 years ago

Where there's smoke, there's Mr. Personality.....

#702 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Who wants to know?

He's super-freaky.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-pps-making-fraudulent-claims-fyi?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.