• Both 24 votes
    10%
  • Neither 70 votes
    30%

(231 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F02E0BB5-89D0-43A5-BF4F-D8226A821253 (resized).png
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Two big license pins being released in December, I'm wondering to which people are gravitating for purchase?

I'm currently in for an early low 100s Blood Sucker Rick and Morty. I suspect there will be fewer on location to access and I really like the layout of ramps and and ball flow, lots of interesting ways to chain shots, the different dimensions that affect gameplay sound like a clever idea. Stranger Things looks fun too, and Brian Eddy is an impressive designer with a good pedigree of pins.

It will be interesting to learn more info on both pins, as details continue to emerge.

#2 4 years ago

If you want to play a new game now, obviously stranger things. Stern will probably release two more new games before most Rick and Mortys are built

#3 4 years ago
F02E0BB5-89D0-43A5-BF4F-D8226A821253 (resized).pngF02E0BB5-89D0-43A5-BF4F-D8226A821253 (resized).png
#4 4 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

If you want to play a new game now, obviously stranger things. Stern will probably release two more new games before most Rick and Mortys are built

But good things come to those who wait.

#5 4 years ago

if already paid for and secured a spot for Rick, it’s obviously that, and you can brag about it here.

Is there any other point to this thread that the other Rick and Morty vs Stranger Things thread doesn’t achieve?

I’ll just point out you can buy a stranger things, play it for a year until you are sick of it, and sell it while you are waiting for your Rick and morty to show up.

#6 4 years ago

I'm getting stranger things if I like the way it plays. I'll wait to see if I like Rick and Morty once I play it and get a used one.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there any other point to this thread that the other Rick and Morty vs Stranger Things thread doesn’t achieve?

I searched and didn't see the other one, but since found it. Nevertheless, the answer to your question is yes. It has a better poll, which allows for mutually exclusive collectively exhaustive options (i.e., the other doesn't allow for respondents to indicate they are buying both).

Nevertheless, this wouldn't be the first time there is a duplicate thread, or one that's not essential here on Pinside - and it surely won't be the last.

#8 4 years ago

Rick and Morty for the theme but neither for me until I play them although R&M is sold out so it's a moot point.

I'll probably never get to play one let alone buy one, especially seeing what people want to sell their spot for, crazy.

Congrats

#9 4 years ago

I have an order for RM but ST looks great too.

I'll be able to play ST a lot on location and think ST will be in production a long time so I can wait and see, if it's great then I can pick one up in a year or two. I just got SW premium which has been out for like 2.5 years feeling that ST will be around whenever I decide how good it is. Also if RM takes 8-12 months that ok because I don't need to buy two pins in such a close time period.

I have no idea but just started watching both series and just like 4 episodes each, RM is a lot more colorful and funny and ST is a lot more dark and serious.

#10 4 years ago

I bought a R&M, and I never would buy a new Stern at launch....so....Rick & Morty.

*Normally I’d never buy any game at launch without playing, but amazing theme + limited run + I <3 Danesi = I went for it.

#11 4 years ago

Rick and Morty is a hilarious show. But the machine, like all Spooky machines, will most likely fall apart if it's hit by a stiff wind.

As for Stranger Things, I've never watched the show but I know people who love it. Stern machines all seem very "cookie cutter" to me. Might be the fact they release so many every year. This one doesn't look much different.

I'll save my money for Wonka or Guns n Roses.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

especially seeing what people want to sell their spot for, crazy.
Congrats

Those sellers are fishing for dopes. Their spots are not worth $5k. It's all hype.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

But the machine, like all Spooky machines, will most likely fall apart if it's hit by a stiff wind.

LOL

#14 4 years ago

Sometimes the truth can hurt AND make us laugh a little.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Rick and Morty is a hilarious show. But the machine, like all Spooky machines, will most likely fall apart if it's hit by a stiff wind.

The art will still be on the playfield, though.

And the clear won't look like a topographic map of Canyonlands.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sometimes the truth can hurt AND make us laugh a little.

I own a TNA, it’s pretty much the only pin I’ve played this year....and it’s 100% quality. Haven’t had to lift the hood at all. Can’t say I’ve had that experience with a Stern often. Quality is great on TNA, no reason to think it won’t be on R&M.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Rick and Morty for the theme but neither for me until I play them although R&amp;M is sold out so it's a moot point.
I'll probably never get to play one let alone buy one, especially seeing what people want to sell their spot for, crazy.
Congrats

Unless it is balls out amazing, there are enough that you will probably be able to pick up one in a year or so, probably even before they are all made. Wait a bit longer and you might even get it at a nice discount.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I own a TNA, it’s pretty much the only pin I’ve played this year....and it’s 100% quality. Haven’t had to lift the hood at all. Can’t say I’ve had that experience with a Stern often. Quality is great on TNA, no reason to think it won’t be on R&amp;M.

Haha, yeah. Everyone’s experiences vary. If my ACNC was a pile i would not have bought RM. i have one molded plastic piece of the castle i had to reposition and twice...That’s it.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

But you won't be able to play it because, you know, it FELL APART.

Go Spooky! *Bronx cheer*

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

But you won't be able to play it because, you know, it FELL APART.
Go Spooky! *Bronx cheer*

I own three Spooky games and play them quite a bit . No more or less maintenance than any of my games from other manufacturers. According to your collection listed here and games you’ve owned in the past you have never owned a Spooky game ,so your Opinion is slightly invalid .

#21 4 years ago

Report the troll, don’t waste your time replying.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Report the troll, don’t waste your time replying.

So YOU'RE the class tattle tale. Good to know!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Spooky has had their share of issues including playfield.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So YOU'RE the class tattle tale. Good to know!

Well you don’t have to worry about me I will not (and have not) reported anyone for anything . Honestly I think it’s good to let you post because the more you write the more it shows that you do not know very much about pinball.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Well you don’t have to worry about me I will not (and have not) reported anyone for anything . Honestly I think it’s good to let you post because the more you write the more it shows that you do not know very much about pinball.

So if someone has an opinion that differs from yours, that automatically means they "don't know very much about pinball"? That's some sound logic right there.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So if someone has an opinion that differs from yours, that automatically means they "don't know very much about pinball"? That's some sound logic right there.

There was nothing automatic about my opinion on your knowledge of pinball ,it came from years of seeing your posts here .

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

There was nothing automatic about my opinion on your knowledge of pinball ,it came from years of seeing your posts here .

Yep he lives up to his name. I own TNA it’s not falling apart. I believe Whysnow has one on route must have thousands of plays. If people own other Spooky pins and are buying RM that says a lot more than dirtbag who never owned a Spooky pin. Whenever I have a pinball party TNA is one of the most played pins.

My friend owned AMH a couple of times, it’s more kit(ish) than the TNA. But so far Spooky builds very nice quality pins.

#28 4 years ago

I was dealing with a TNA last week with a flaking PF buy I think that just happened on the early ones and they changed their technique?

#29 4 years ago

Ordered the BSE Rick and Morty and LE Stranger things. Both look like a lot of fun. The only thing that catches my eye is the lack of features on the pro Stranger things . Seems like without the projector and magnetic 3 ball lock it would be pretty boring? Could be wrong, who knows? Either way cant wait!

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I was dealing with a TNA last week with a flaking PF buy I think that just happened on the early ones and they changed their technique?

My TNA had some paint erosion around some star posts, not great but with rubber washer it’s hidden well.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah they got that under control. Unfortunately some TNA's had the flaking clear, but it sounds like all ACHC's are good.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Yeah they got that under control. Unfortunately some TNA's had the flaking clear, but it sounds like all ACHC's are good.

Thanks for the info.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

That's great to hear. Did anyone ever reveal the cause of the Stern playfield issues this past autumn, and the solution? The controversy seemed to disappear to my awareness, and I don't recall any clear closure.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That's great to hear. Did anyone ever reveal the cause of the Stern playfield issues this past autumn, and the solution

Not that I remember officially, but if I'm not mistaken they did the same thing Spooky did (?) with having no image under the posts. I guess it's all because of the printing to wood now... Sucks.

#35 4 years ago

I would love both but the principal of R&M with needing to buy a membership in order just to ORDER a R&M LE .. plus the dull colors and minimal play gimmicks ... I'm putting a Pre-order on ST LE.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from tronlover:

I'm putting a Pre-order on ST LE.

STLE's are still available NIB?

#37 4 years ago

Tough call between the two as they both look boring at first glance. The software once it matures will make the difference.

#38 4 years ago

Stern already shipping Pro's, crazy

#39 4 years ago

I think Stranger Things looks very good but it's a serious theme (I have not seen the show just 4 episodes so far) but it looks serious.

I know zero about R&M gameplay but it the theme, art and sound and quotes should be funny and whimsical, just flat out fun (Simpsons, Sponge Bob, South Park etc..) R&M can be very great if the code is great.

Also (just imo) I have more faith in Spooky team (Bowens, Eric, Scott) for the code than I have in Lonny, to me he's nothing special, he can code a game, it will have rules and whatnot but I am not expecting magic form him.

Lastly tho I do love the 2 flipper, top roll over, 2 ramps (aka AFM layout) but I do have IM, AFM, Metallica pro that follow that layout. Not saying that I can not have another but that I do like something different, part of the reason I live TNA is how different it looks and feels.

#40 4 years ago

is st stranger things now?
gonna look forward to the cracked playfield thread for stranger. i am not confident the issues have been fixed.

#42 4 years ago

Feeling much happier with my R&M choice after watching the stranger stream. Tiring of the two flipper fan layout.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Feeling much happier with my R&M choice after watching the stranger stream. Tiring of the two flipper fan layout.

Just said. I really tend to keep my pins and I have AFM (never selling), Metallica, Iron Man that all look same/similar. I could have another one but something like Maiden or R&M look to be more different and something to complement my collection.

#44 4 years ago

Same, I choose my games in an odd manner I suppose, but I was drawn to this since it has a different layout than other things I have. Even in my small collection I have a Gottlieb, Data East, a couple Williams, a Bally (2 if you count CGC), and a Stern...no problem adding a Spooky to the mix....although I may need to take one out before it gets here.

#45 4 years ago

Go with Rick and Morty(if you can find one), instant classic with staying power. Stranger Things is another cookie-cutter with hacked toys.

#46 4 years ago

Neither until I play them. I like both themes, both are great shows!

#47 4 years ago

Think I'm passing on both and going JP2 premium

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Not a bad idea, just make sure Stern clears up there clear coat issues before you buy.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Not a bad choice at all. JP2 best stern in a long time. Elwin is their cash cow at the moment. Dude cant design a fan layout. Thank god.

#50 4 years ago

I don’t watch Rick and Morty so I don’t care about theme, and the same about the pin. I get the appeal though. People saying theme doesn’t matter are Flat-out wrong.

Still I’d never buy a slot for something that won’t be made for 6-12-18 months or whatever it winds up taking.

From the stream, Stranger Things is a disappointment. Love the theme, but it seems like Munsters in a way. The mandate was make it familiar and approachable to everyone. Don’t get crazy with code. Make the layout “familiar.” Code so far certainly doesn’t nail the theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Minnetrista, MN
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-morty-or-stranger-things and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.