• Latest reply 1 year ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C25CFCC3-D921-4BB1-9005-BF2B7876DF63 (resized).jpeg
giphy (7).gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider octomodz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 1 year ago

delete

#2 1 year ago

Progress and Completion Dates:

Playfield Sourced - 1/17/23
Cabinet Built or sourced -
Backbox Monitor -
Insert LEDS -
GI Leds
Flipper Mechs -
Pop Bumper Mechs -
VUK -
Targets -
Ramps -
Metal Gides -
Magnet - 1/17/23
Mini Pc - 1/17/23
Rick and Morty Code -
P3-ROC -

Thing's Needed:

Need someone who will allow me to clone their Rick and Morty Harddrive from the PC in their game. Will not hurt the games drive. I have confirmed with the correct people that this is the way to do the code. I even have access to person who could help with any issues if they rise, but cloning a harddrive is easy peasy.

Ramps - Long shot, but if anyone has extra ramps you might be my best friend!

Denasi Lock 2.0 - Even bigger long shot, but need the metal loop. I will 3D print if worse comes to worse, but figured I'd check.

Any other extra pieces people have that they wont use, scratch and dent or not, I'd be open to purchasing.

Added 14 months ago:

Please delete

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I wonder if this is a business opportunity for pinball manufactures... just post out all the parts and you build the machine at home. Half the normal price. Like Ikea on steroids.
I've only had the pleasure of a total assembly of a pinball machine one time - Heighway's Alien. Me and another guy managed it in one day, but a hard lesson to learn.

If I had all the parts on hand, I am sure I could build one in a day or two. I'd love to have this built in a couple months, but unless I somehow get lucky and get all the parts that quick, I think it's going to take me awhile!

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

Clone hard drive… do you mean dupe the SD card?
I haven’t poked around to see if there’s any other hardware in there.
If that’s all you need, I’ve been meaning to make a backup because those things degrade and fail over time, happy to make an extra when I do.

I assumed it had a hard drive since it’s running a full motherboard but could be just a SD card. I just need a clone of it and I’d be able to boot the same as a normal game.

Any chance you could get me photos of inside and motherboard?

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

Clone hard drive… do you mean dupe the SD card?
I haven’t poked around to see if there’s any other hardware in there.
If that’s all you need, I’ve been meaning to make a backup because those things degrade and fail over time, happy to make an extra when I do.

Sending a PM

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

R&M has an SSD a 3.5 inch 128gb SSD. There is a drive rebuild image on their website I believe. If not I could clone my backup SSD.

That’s what I figured it had. Let me see on the image but if you have a ssd and could upload
Image to google drive or I could even send a ssd. That would be awesome! This is biggest hurdle, rest is easy

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Very cool that you're taking on this challenge.
I'd be really curious to know what it costs to build.
Are you making your own cabinet?
Curious to know how you'll tackle all the wiring.
Are you buying their node boards?

System runs on a p3-roc and have diagrams/pinouts for all the different items. As far as power to each coil, etc. I can do it anyway as long as it has all the required items connected to mechs and p3.

I am going to stay as true as possible to the original wire and design.

I am going to cut my own cabinet. I may do a larger backbox screen but will have to make sure it works.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You are a pinball building beast!

Thanks to my ADHD! Although sometimes it feels like I get somewhere to get no where lol. This and my couple other custom games will keep me busy for awhile! Good thing about Pinball, this has been the most rewarding hobby I've ever done.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

If anything yours will definitely have better cable management! R&M is a mess underneath.

I've redone my cable management a few times on my custom game and methodically approach, it still seems like it's never clean enough. I'll approach this the same way and make it as clean and easy to work on. I am hoping to have a booting system by next week and then rest is down hill!

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Looking forward to seeing your progress! R&M is my favorite game and one I will never sell.

It's my grail pin, I just don't see myself ever spending the $10k+ or at-least not in the near future. If I had the means, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

#23 1 year ago

Have a clone of SSD in the works, should have next week. Also have single board computer used in RM ordered and on the way as well!

#24 1 year ago

new computer should be here today, the original style computer. Should have a booting system this evening!

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Keep a spreadsheet of costs and time…. Not doubting you’ll come under 10k, just curious how much.

I am going to, I have a good idea on where I'll be. This will also be me cutting my own cabinet, making my own backwall (house, etc) as I am going to make it appear from another dimension to seperate my game from spooky. I know how much my own custom game has cost me so far, and I believe I will be under even what I have in that game.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Wait a minute, I don't see "delete" on the progress and completion date chart...

i cant edit the older post. I've asked mods to delete the thread. I am sure that was sarcasm in your post lol

#46 1 year ago

No cease and desist; however, probably better to keep everything to myself and not share. I don't want to cause any trouble for spooky or anyone else.

#48 1 year ago

I messaged multiple mods to delete the thread. Hopefully it'll be gone soon!

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wouldn’t think the news would impact a project like this at all. It’s not like Justin was going to make any money off this project. He probably got a request from Spooky or something like that.

Def not the news from the show, even though I’ll never understand why these people that work that hard to get to where they are, do such dumb stuff. Not a huge fan of him as a person, but he has to be kind of screwed up to begin with to co create Rick and morty lol.

No body forced me to stop log; however, I don’t want to put anyone into a position that could possibly cause trouble. If this was a game in active production, I would’ve never even begin a post or log, or even thought about doing a scratch build.

At the end of the day, by doing something like this, with a product that is not being manufactured, no harm is being done as it’s not taking away money from anyone. However, just as cancel culture can destroy someone, something like this could bring undue trouble to a company and I don’t want to cause anyone any issues.

#55 1 year ago

I messaged mods a few days ago and asked to delete. Hasn’t happened yet lol

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Who sent the cease and desist? Spooky? Rick and Morty? Whooooooooo

Really no cease and desist

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Tell us the juicy details!

There’s no juicy details, I promise!

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I think I know how OctoModz could get the thread deleted.
Change the name of the thread to something like
Beware of Scam Game Seller Websites
Or
Welcome to the Pinside! The official FAQ
A duplicate these of something in the stickies would definitely warrant that, without having anyone performing an egregious act.
Thoughts?

Good idea, let's try it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider octomodz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-morty-home-build-of-doom-and-destruction?tu=octomodz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.