• Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C25CFCC3-D921-4BB1-9005-BF2B7876DF63 (resized).jpeg
giphy (7).gif

This topic is closed.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 1 year ago

delete

#2 1 year ago

Progress and Completion Dates:

Playfield Sourced - 1/17/23
Cabinet Built or sourced -
Backbox Monitor -
Insert LEDS -
GI Leds
Flipper Mechs -
Pop Bumper Mechs -
VUK -
Targets -
Ramps -
Metal Gides -
Magnet - 1/17/23
Mini Pc - 1/17/23
Rick and Morty Code -
P3-ROC -

Thing's Needed:

Need someone who will allow me to clone their Rick and Morty Harddrive from the PC in their game. Will not hurt the games drive. I have confirmed with the correct people that this is the way to do the code. I even have access to person who could help with any issues if they rise, but cloning a harddrive is easy peasy.

Ramps - Long shot, but if anyone has extra ramps you might be my best friend!

Denasi Lock 2.0 - Even bigger long shot, but need the metal loop. I will 3D print if worse comes to worse, but figured I'd check.

Any other extra pieces people have that they wont use, scratch and dent or not, I'd be open to purchasing.

Added 15 months ago:

Please delete

#5 1 year ago

Looking forward to enjoying this thread.

#6 1 year ago

Always thought it would be cool to have the scoop and the left ramp randomly drop a ball through the portal re entry.

#7 1 year ago

I wonder if this is a business opportunity for pinball manufactures... just post out all the parts and you build the machine at home. Half the normal price. Like Ikea on steroids.

I've only had the pleasure of a total assembly of a pinball machine one time - Heighway's Alien. Me and another guy managed it in one day, but a hard lesson to learn.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I wonder if this is a business opportunity for pinball manufactures... just post out all the parts and you build the machine at home. Half the normal price. Like Ikea on steroids.
I've only had the pleasure of a total assembly of a pinball machine one time - Heighway's Alien. Me and another guy managed it in one day, but a hard lesson to learn.

JPop proposed that idea I think with Retro Zombieland or whatever it was.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

If I had all the parts on hand, I am sure I could build one in a day or two. I'd love to have this built in a couple months, but unless I somehow get lucky and get all the parts that quick, I think it's going to take me awhile!

#10 1 year ago

Clone hard drive… do you mean dupe the SD card?
I haven’t poked around to see if there’s any other hardware in there.

If that’s all you need, I’ve been meaning to make a backup because those things degrade and fail over time, happy to make an extra when I do.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

If that’s all you need, I’ve been meaning to make a backup because those things degrade and fail over time, happy to make an extra when I do.

I assumed it had a hard drive since it’s running a full motherboard but could be just a SD card. I just need a clone of it and I’d be able to boot the same as a normal game.

Any chance you could get me photos of inside and motherboard?

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

Sending a PM

#13 1 year ago

R&M has an SSD a 3.5 inch 128gb SSD. There is a drive rebuild image on their website I believe. If not I could clone my backup SSD.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

R&M has an SSD a 3.5 inch 128gb SSD. There is a drive rebuild image on their website I believe. If not I could clone my backup SSD.

That’s what I figured it had. Let me see on the image but if you have a ssd and could upload
Image to google drive or I could even send a ssd. That would be awesome! This is biggest hurdle, rest is easy

#15 1 year ago

Very cool that you're taking on this challenge.

I'd be really curious to know what it costs to build.

Are you making your own cabinet?

Curious to know how you'll tackle all the wiring.

Are you buying their node boards?

#16 1 year ago

You are a pinball building beast!

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Very cool that you're taking on this challenge.
I'd be really curious to know what it costs to build.
Are you making your own cabinet?
Curious to know how you'll tackle all the wiring.
Are you buying their node boards?

System runs on a p3-roc and have diagrams/pinouts for all the different items. As far as power to each coil, etc. I can do it anyway as long as it has all the required items connected to mechs and p3.

I am going to stay as true as possible to the original wire and design.

I am going to cut my own cabinet. I may do a larger backbox screen but will have to make sure it works.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You are a pinball building beast!

Thanks to my ADHD! Although sometimes it feels like I get somewhere to get no where lol. This and my couple other custom games will keep me busy for awhile! Good thing about Pinball, this has been the most rewarding hobby I've ever done.

#19 1 year ago

If anything yours will definitely have better cable management! R&M is a mess underneath.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

If anything yours will definitely have better cable management! R&M is a mess underneath.

I've redone my cable management a few times on my custom game and methodically approach, it still seems like it's never clean enough. I'll approach this the same way and make it as clean and easy to work on. I am hoping to have a booting system by next week and then rest is down hill!

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Octomodz:

I've redone my cable management a few times on my custom game and methodically approach, it still seems like it's never clean enough. I'll approach this the same way and make it as clean and easy to work on. I am hoping to have a booting system by next week and then rest is down hill!

Looking forward to seeing your progress! R&M is my favorite game and one I will never sell.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Looking forward to seeing your progress! R&M is my favorite game and one I will never sell.

It's my grail pin, I just don't see myself ever spending the $10k+ or at-least not in the near future. If I had the means, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

#23 1 year ago

Have a clone of SSD in the works, should have next week. Also have single board computer used in RM ordered and on the way as well!

#24 1 year ago

new computer should be here today, the original style computer. Should have a booting system this evening!

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Octomodz:

It's my grail pin, I just don't see myself ever spending the $10k+ or at-least not in the near future. If I had the means, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Keep a spreadsheet of costs and time…. Not doubting you’ll come under 10k, just curious how much.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Keep a spreadsheet of costs and time…. Not doubting you’ll come under 10k, just curious how much.

I am going to, I have a good idea on where I'll be. This will also be me cutting my own cabinet, making my own backwall (house, etc) as I am going to make it appear from another dimension to seperate my game from spooky. I know how much my own custom game has cost me so far, and I believe I will be under even what I have in that game.

#27 1 year ago

Sounds great. Following, excited to see what you dream up!

#30 1 year ago

IBTL fingers crossed

#31 1 year ago

Wait a minute, I don't see "delete" on the progress and completion date chart...

#32 1 year ago

Bummer

#33 1 year ago

I wonder if he got a cease and desist

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Wait a minute, I don't see "delete" on the progress and completion date chart...

i cant edit the older post. I've asked mods to delete the thread. I am sure that was sarcasm in your post lol

#35 1 year ago

I was looking forward to this……..bummer IBTL

#36 1 year ago

At least tell us what happened

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’d guess it has something to do with the news (google the show).

#38 1 year ago

Strange, did this happen to the guy trying to make his own Mando?

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Octomodz:

i cant edit the older post. I've asked mods to delete the thread. I am sure that was sarcasm in your post lol

Yeah, it was sarcasm. I was just joking around with you, but I do wish you good luck in whatever direction you go with this. I would be interested in hearing what happened, but I understand if you want to keep everything on the down low.

#40 1 year ago

Dang, I was excited for this one!

#41 1 year ago

This is cool. I am definitely curious what this will end up costing.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

It's understandable that someone might feel a little less enthusiastic about tackling a Rick and Morty project if you've been following the news:

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/24/23570101/justin-roiland-rick-and-morty-allegations-domestic-battery-grooming

Gonna pull the ripcord on this thread, sorry it all kinda went to shit for you.

#43 1 year ago

IBTL!

#44 1 year ago
giphy (7).gifgiphy (7).gif
#45 1 year ago

I'm guessing it's a C&D because he documented himself making an illegal copy of the software and showed it running the code. Maybe be a bit more discreet about stuff like that (like not putting it into the manufacturers subforum that they regularly look at)

It's kinda like an emulator. They're totally legal, but they don't come with the original BIOS that you "supply yourself". That's when you enter blatant copyright infringement...

It's ok to back up copyrighted digital media you own but not to share it.

#46 1 year ago

No cease and desist; however, probably better to keep everything to myself and not share. I don't want to cause any trouble for spooky or anyone else.

#48 1 year ago

I messaged multiple mods to delete the thread. Hopefully it'll be gone soon!

#49 1 year ago

Well when you can build your own for about $3k why not?
Am I Right?!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Trade
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-morty-home-build-of-doom-and-destruction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.