pasted_image (resized).png
KClose (resized).png
Close (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 4 years ago

I think the portal gun as a start button would be cool , like the fish tails handle , have the portal gun going into a portal , to cover the hole . It would have to be made out of steel and powder coated so it wouldn't break off .

IMG20200208214613 (resized).jpgIMG20200208214613 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214417 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214417 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214254 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214254 (resized).jpg
#124 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Doesn't need to be metal, I can make a handle that is plenty strong.

I've accidentally walked into my FT handle a few times and it can leave a nice bruise , I can't picture plastic being strong enough , considering it has to be hollow for the wires .
I have no idea if this would work . But the way I picture this going together is , a piece of steel plate about 3-4 mm thick , in the shape of the portal with a piece of steel pipe ( the diameter of the hole) welded to the portal , with thread on the end , so you can put a large nut and washer , to attach it to the cabnit from the inside and put some felt on the back of the portal so you don't damage the cabnit . I would do the colors of the portal in a baked on gloss enamel . The handle I would make out of cast steel and in two sections , like the FT handle , and powder coat to choice of color . Attach the handle to the portal with at least two counter sunk screws from behind the portal . I would like the crystal at the front of the gun to be made out of solid resin , so it is less likely to get damaged . I have no idea about electronics but I would like to see the crystal , c-137 and the start button lit up . I think the hardest part would be the mold for the handle . I would leave the original handle in the game as is . I wouldn't think that the materials to make it would cost that much and if done well , I think it would be a must have mod you could sell for a good price . Like I said I don't know if it would work or be possible , it's just what a picture in my head .

#126 4 years ago

You'd be surprised how strong 3d printed parts are:
These would not be hollow parts, they would have channels built in for wiring but I guarantee you would not be able to break these. I'd replace any handle that you were able to break, no cost, no shipping. Your method sounds like it would cost at least double or triple what it would cost us to produce these via SLA or FDM. The same look could be had but at much less cost and hassle. We can iterate quickly with 3D modeling and printing, to commit to a mold for casting would take a large amount of time and investment that would drive the price up considerably and in the end the result would functionally be the same. I'd wager I could break my JJP gun easier than the piece we would create.

You would know alot more than me . Your gun shooter for Potc looked sick , I would have got one if I hadn't bailed on my ce .

#128 4 years ago

Heh, not mine but yes it was slick! I wish I came up with that!
Thanks for the input, the design aesthetics I think are good talking points as well. The portal being used on the cabinet was a question of mine. It's sort of like with JJP POTC, there are umpteen images of the skull and crossbones all over the game, sort of gets a bit tired after a while. I'm wondering if the portal will do the same? I guess the portal plate could be an option. We already have the design done for both of these so no skin off really.

That's right , I got you mixed up with Frankenstein .
A portal plate that lights up would look good .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread?tu=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.