pasted_image (resized).png
KClose (resized).png
Close (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorsedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

First prototype right out of the printer[quoted image]

A Portal is relevant on the "Slam Ring" given the theme. I wonder though, if anything else in the Rick and Morty universes might symbolise a disc of death a bit more specifically... like a weapon, or... Death Crystals! ... Death Crystals might be appropriate for the difficult to predict death bringer "sling pop"?. Lol

Or themed with something involving random risk?

There is a real portal mech elswhere on the game, which I'm sure will have many ideas for ways to mod in a representation of the portal feature. The portal pop cap is still a cool option!

There are sooo many options for mods with this theme!

It would be good to know what the code gives you each time the pop is hit?. Like, it may cycle some other shot value, award things, such as the "Slam Save" . This may lead to a more obvious fitting representation for the Pop?

#43 4 years ago

gARAGE MOD R&M (resized).jpggARAGE MOD R&M (resized).jpg

Almost looks as if the garage on RM was Designed for a setup something like this! ... how much is coincidence?

Set up well, this would give a visual effect of the ball dropping into/disapearing into ... an animated spinning portal "hologram" that appears to be aligned with the surface of the playfield, covering the actual large (dark) hole and making the playfield surface just look like a portal!. Except then you shoot a ball up there, and the ball is swallowed/disapears into the portal graphic image/animation. Which would be Really cool!

Integration with gameplay could be challenging. The easy way is to have it always running, but having it active only when the shot is lit would be best. Using a light sensitive relay on the insert may work, but with the Danesi Lightshow the mod could still just be active all the time!? Lol

The harder way I guess, is devising a way for it to be controlled by the system or code.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

anyone thinking of doing some sort of exiting portal at the trough exit?

Yeah I thought that would be cool too!

It will be August though probably before I see my game.

1 month later
#76 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'd suggest as much as anything, something to bolster it. Those frames of plastic were rocking and sure to break at some point.

If they're PETG they should be fine, but eliminating the flimsy wobbling would improve things anyway.

Doubling the flashers could give more of a rotating effect. They appear to sequence, so moving the existing so that they are 90 degrees apart, then duplicating each of them to the opposite side of portal disc could give a more emphasised rotating light show. Just a thought.

1 week later
#169 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I made video portal mod for the portal eject location. It plays a continuous animation of a portal.
I was originally going to have it only come on when the garage portal is lit. But after thinking about it, the portal is actually on all the time. Everytime you enter the garage the ball instantly portals through to the eject spot whether the garage was lit or not.
It mounts to the clear plastic that holds the blue crystals so the are moved slightly to make room for the display. The display is OLED so the colors look much better than in the pics.
Not sure on the best color for the bezel. I tried a black one and a mirrored finish one. What colors would you think would look the best?[quoted image][quoted image]

Turn that display panel to face down toward the playfield, but at a 45 degree incline. Max brightness. Extend plastic between inlane posts and re-entry posts (for reflection). Correct geometry will give you a pepper ghost portal in front of the re-entry scoop (on a slant) that the ball can pop out of.

Mount some kind of static toy over the screen to disguise it.

Can run whenever portal is lit (topper tie in?). An unlit garage shot doesn't change your dimension, so I think shouldn't really come out of a portal effect?.

The scoop is a dark cavern, which should help the effect to be noticable/effective... and doesn't require much more than the items shown there already (display). Slightly larger panel though perhaps?

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That's what I thought too. But when garage isnt lit the ball still appears instantly at the eject spot when you go into garage. So even though you didnt change dimensions you still portaled from garage to this location ?
There is also a bit of a lag from when you tell animation to start and when it actually does. So if you had portal lit and hit it right away it might not come on before it already went through.

I would be looking for it to remind me if it was a dimension change or not.

It can still be fast and not show the portal can't it? ... especially since there is no actual portaling happening?

I wonder if Eric has anything in the works to do with delaying the re-entry some amount if the portal is not lit ? ....

#175 4 years ago

"You son of a bitch ; I'm in."

Those Megatree tops are awesome!!

8 months later
#344 3 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Anyone working on a light diffuser for the garage LEDs. I’m not a fan of seeing the individual bulbs on. Feels like a cover/diffuser would have been perfect in the garage to prevent that.

With a portal pattern on it!!

... and make it spin when the topper goes!!!

1 week later
#351 3 years ago

Cool!

-Other ambient lighting reduces effectiveness, dim or block wherever reasonable (without taking away from game lightshow too much).

-Extend garage floor plastic.

-Does the portal spin when the topper goes?

Just some feedback I thought might be good to share. Hopefully some bit of it may be of use there. Should look really cool!

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Extending the plastic was my idea too, but there is no clean way to do that. It would need to be replaced. $$

Well, the way it looks to me, the reflection point from playing angle would be right around that potplant, between the two nylocs on the playfield plastic. Even if it is just a piece that butts up to the garage floor profile, retained by those available post threads. Better a seam than no reflection where you need it. Still $$ but I rekon it needs what it needs ...

I don't think I'd be the only one cobbling together a piece of plastic to complete the effect, if it needed that for the appropriate effectiveness. Just replying since I think it is worth further consideration somehow.

It will be a great mod anyway if the portal filter can rotate!

8 months later
#415 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Whats up with the moon man mod in the back right corner where the ramp turns? Looks cool!

The Cromulon you mean? (giant head in the sky lol). They are from the Schwifty episode.

The "Moonmen" track is from the intelligent fart brainwasher cloud episode (:

#417 2 years ago

"I like what you got!. Good job!" Lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Trade
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods
Interactive
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorsedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread?tu=razorsedge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.