pasted_image (resized).png
KClose (resized).png
Close (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider p1nhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

I won't be able to purchase my own rick and morty pin, but if I did, I would love to have:
*a pickle rick flipper topper for the upper flipper
*a plumbus plunger
*if the plunger idea doesn't work then a plumbus toy on a coil that shakes is around would suffice

Just overlay the launch button with a plumbus, it will still function as a switch. Might be fun to push something squishy to launch the ball.

I was planning on making a plumbus out of TPU as a prototype. Just make a thin but large apron surrounding the plumbus, this will serve as a backing to hold it to the pin... then you reaffix the launch button to hold it in place.

The best (easiest, best quality and for volume) way to approach this is by creating a negative for casting out of silicone once the prototype is demonstrated to install easily and function... once printed and smoothed, use oil-based clay (designed for silicone molding) to make the negative. Once you have a negative it is as simple as setting up a molding box, pouring, curing, then cleaning up the mold.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Some quick concepts, with and without text. Designer is modeling. Sorry, no high res pics of the game that I know of but you get the idea. Would bit lit from behind like original button. I am working on a plan to have a swirling LED display behind it to have light effects.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not bad - there is a high resolution picture of the lockdown bar in the main RaM thread that has a better representation of the purple... this might be a better photo to approximate the proper color (assuming you are using something like Photoshop to pull the hex value for the purple in the photo).

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Illuminated Kalaxian Crystal Flippers

My wife is a big fan of the BSE armor color.

2 months later
#158 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How are you going to produce these? Will you be able to avoid the 3D printed "texture"?

If printed in ABS, a simple acetone vapor chamber can smooth out any "ridges" with minimal loss of detail. He also may be using SLA or creating casts/injection molds using the 3D printed objects - many ways to go about this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
9,300 (OBO)
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider p1nhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread?tu=p1nhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.