pasted_image (resized).png
KClose (resized).png
Close (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 4 years ago

Looks good. You could even use a simple rotating film with the portal imagfe on it that has a light behind it, vs a display to generate the image of the portal.

This would need to be dynamic and only light when the portal is "lit", if that's a thing.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Oh ok, this relates to the post in the R&M thread, ok.
I've done a lot of research in to this kind of thing and it's a costly mod. You're probably talking about $300 or more when all said and done. You'll need more power than an arduino to drive video. Probably use something like a 4D systems screen (like is used in the WOZ crystal ball) which is going to hit you around $100 off the bat, probably more. The tiny one in Woz is like $50. Those have a processor built in and external triggers for events to run video clips. You'll need to design a mount for the screen, a shield for some sort of micro controller (arduino or Pi), programming on both the screen and the controller, etc.
I can certainly test it out, I have enough parts here to see if the concept would work with the approximate given space but I really am questioning how many people would want this or pay that kind of money for it.

I think you could get by with something closer to what you're using to make the start button swirl.

No screen, just a backlit slide that rotates for the spinning portal effect. Maybe 2 slides, each spinning the opposite direction. $99 out the door max!

7 months later
#332 3 years ago

Been out of the loop for awhile, what's the status on the enhanced portal effect idea in the garage?

Does the shipping game have a "good enough" portal effect or is there still a transparent LCD mod in the works?

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think the current portal effect in the garage works pretty good. Between that and the topper being active it's easy to notice when the portal is active.
I made this for mine mine as a cosmetic enhancement. It features an animated spinning portal graphic on an OLED screen over the portal return area. Gives you something cool to look at while hiding the metal scoop a little. Since the garage always teleports you (whether the portal lights are flashing or not) my return portal is always on.
If enough people are interested I could offer it as a mod.
[quoted image]

Nice! Looks better than factory.

4 months later
#369 3 years ago

Anyone else think the ramp shots might be tough because they flex so much?
Ramp stiffeners or character mounts? How about both! [quoted image][quoted image]

So are these for sale now?

1 month later
#375 3 years ago

Portal mod coming along. Just about there, tweaking some lighting effects.

Looking good. Suggestion is to use a slow fade of the green in and out (bright and dimmer) instead of flashing other colors.

#377 3 years ago

We don't have a lot of control over those lights as they are already built in the game and we can't easily control them or read game signals to determine control values.Much better to use stock lights since they know game modes and such. I am working on moving the flasher from under the portal to over it, I think it might change a lot about the look.

Maybe we can suggest a similar change to the game code then?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
9,300 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.