pasted_image (resized).png
KClose (resized).png
Close (resized).png
There are 419 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

OMG That Pickle Rick plastic/figure is perfect! Please sell me one all ready to go!
Cant wait to see final megaseed cap. Totally sweet.

Agree. And it’s even on a pickle themed plastic!

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree. And it’s even on a pickle themed plastic!

Totally makes it. Looks oem. Why have I not been sold one yet?

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

So game impressions. Callouts, art and video are all top notch. It's like you're playing in the show. I can't wait to see what else they add, adventures, modes, etc. The shots are unnatural for me, an amateur player, but I think another hundred games or so and I should have the hang of it I probably played 40-50 games yesterday. Playfield looks very nice, whatever Spooky is doing it is working. There are plenty of "ooops, should not have tried that shot" things that will catch you out. I had a lot of drains, a lot. I don't know if I just suck that much but considering the videos I've seen of the game and the "good" scores people are posting I'm not doing too bad. I think I hit like 1.5m yesterday, finished a few adventures. Probably a game better for home use, IHMO, as you want to hear all of the audio and you're going to have to play a lot of games. The topper is... meh. I mean, can't knock it for free and interactive but it's flimsy and doesn't really come in to view when playing the game so it's more like an attract mode advertisement versus a part of the game. I don't think it will even fit in my room (I can't put my DE JP topper on but I can fit my JJP toppers) so I'm working on a replacement that will use the stock interactivity but is lower profile. The integrated playfield elements like the ball save timer and the magna save charge indicator are smart. The reject shots from the loops are really annoying but I think with some tweaking it might improve. I am wondering if anyone has tried waxing the ball guides because it seems like that might make it all slightly better. I'm sure most of it was my bad shooting but when you do hit the loop it feels awesome and if you hit it twice in a row you are a god. Personally, I feel ball launches like this are a bit of a waste of a good game element but I don't get to design games. I am 100% sure no one will be disappointed by the quality of the game, the obvious time and work that went in to it.. if anything, it might be too hard to love (Houdini) but no one will lose money selling this game so it doesn't matter. The unique elements (pop bumper, danesi lock, portal re-entry, etc) are successful in making it unlike any game I've played.
I believe we are going to do a plumbumper. I was worried the stock one was unique enough that you'd want to keep it but it just has a sticker on it, not a big loss and probably the best place for a plumbus to be placed. Going back in a bit to do some measurements to make sure everything will fit. I may have found someone local who is getting an early game that I can fit stuff on so that will help move development along. I also think there is a room for a "hovering ship" mod, one of the things I felt looks a bit under developed. The mounting and ship movement lack a bit of refinement that I think could be helped along by removing the spring and base. Will take a bit of engineering to make it still move while hovering but I think if the movement is lost it isn't a big deal. It doesn't function enough like AfM that you're missing anything IMO.

I like the hovering ship idea...can't wait to see what you develop...

#204 4 years ago

OMG That Pickle Rick plastic/figure is perfect! Please sell me one all ready to go!

I'll be putting up a tutorial soon on how to make your own. I will also sell fully built ones for those who are all thumbs for building stuff.

#205 4 years ago

"Listen, I’m not the nicest guy in the universe, because I’m the smartest, and being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
First mockup, need to do some refining, probably going to cut off more of the gun to have it sit closer to the game. Will be able to know more once we have a prototype to do the standard "how does it actually feel" test.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks very cool. Sonce the current button flashes when it's time to shoot, will your gun button light up as well?

#206 4 years ago

Is there anything in the works on making this guy. I think it would be extremely fitting especially for those getting a butter cabinet.

Butter_Robot_Picture (resized).pngButter_Robot_Picture (resized).png
#207 4 years ago

I ve made a new launcher fully working for ...my MM
Until I ll get my game

F82DCEDE-C2D6-4AA1-BB09-9D9F35C809EB (resized).pngF82DCEDE-C2D6-4AA1-BB09-9D9F35C809EB (resized).png
#208 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks very cool. Sonce the current button flashes when it's time to shoot, will your gun button light up as well?

It will have a rotating light show behind the portal part.

Quoted from garretswinning:

Is there anything in the works on making this guy. I think it would be extremely fitting especially for those getting a butter cabinet.[quoted image]

Butter bot is in the queue. Suggestions?

Quoted from Baboon:

Until I ll get my game[quoted image]

Hah nice! Don't hit that with your leg in the dark!

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from Baboon:

That thing is HUUUUGE.

Hey, any one try and light the second trough entrance with green? Would be cool of it activated only when the ball kicked out.

#210 4 years ago

That thing is HUUUUGE.
Hey, any one try and light the second trough entrance with green? Would be cool of it activated only when the ball kicked out.

That would be very cool. Probably more subtle, effective, and fit in better than any projected pepper ghost portal at the exit.

#211 4 years ago
Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 12.09.09 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-29 at 12.09.09 AM (resized).png
#212 4 years ago

That thing is HUUUUGE.

I have a few lighting items I'm looking at, trough and scoops. Got some really good detail on the house, i think the portal will work.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from Baboon:

cool concept and a bunch of other ideas

just a thought and you may have already this covered but with this one make sure you can remove easily as you will need to be able to remove the glass

#214 4 years ago

Thank you guys !@harryhoudini yes you r right .more a home use than a location one .
The transition part is made with PLA, not bad , but the risk exist

@chitownpinball Good idea for the second light in the entrance ! Soon !The one under the green dome do a good job

@swinks Totally . You can remove easily the green globe ,because the glass
And if think the launcher position on Spooky s games is a bit lower too

#215 4 years ago

There’s already a green light in the second trough. It just needs to be coded in.

#216 4 years ago

Hey, it's one of those build your own microverse kits!

0229201101 (resized).jpg0229201101 (resized).jpg0229201101a (resized).jpg0229201101a (resized).jpg
#217 4 years ago

No fears, all parts washing is done in official pickle rick containers
0229201104 (resized).jpg0229201104 (resized).jpg

*Additional freshness tray for preserve

#218 4 years ago

Hey, it's one of those build your own microverse kits![quoted image][quoted image]

Ooowee

#219 4 years ago

Quick recap of the things we have hitting the store soon or in development:

- Pickle flipper toppers
- Meeseeks flipper toppers
- Miniverse battery
- Portal launch gun
- (ST)[F]ART button
- Goldenfold larva ramp topper
- Telepathic spider ramp topper
- Crumulon backboard head
- Popumbulus (pop bumper topper)
- Low profile topper with characters
- Character placements in the game (rick, morty, summer, meeseeks, birdperson, krombopulous michael, poopy butthole, squanchy)
- Butter cabinet bot
- Hovering ship mod

Still working on some concepts for the intergalactic cable box and screen and topper layouts. Have a possible pickle rick assassin concept but placement is a question.

Let me know if I forgot anything or if you have any other ideas for things you'd like to see. I was thinking some scoop covers might be nice, but not 100% sure on that. Might take a stab at some target decal designs, the ones from spooky sadly don't hold up after 1500 games or so they are showing wear and aren't the best design ever).

Should be ready with several of these items in the next few weeks. I found a game within about a 3 hour drive with an owner interested in mods so I have a place to test now.

#220 4 years ago

Working on the temporal field inside the spatially tessellated void.

0301201621a (resized).jpg0301201621a (resized).jpg
#221 4 years ago

I’m gonna go broke buying all these cool mods!

#222 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#223 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m gonna go broke buying all these cool mods!

Should we start taking credit applications?

Hopefully there will be a range of options and prices. The flipper toppers and cromulon head should be pretty reasonable. The ramp toppers are a bit more (intricate and lots of finishing work). The microverse ... eesh, I don't even want to think about it. We're working on the base right now which will house the lighting (and look just like in the show). Noticed not all of the corners have that triangle detail, so fixing that. Gotta make it look like the show!

#224 4 years ago

In hindsight maybe black wasn't the best color for a test print. Makes it hard to show you what I've got.

15831216101414439704192473286096 (resized).jpg15831216101414439704192473286096 (resized).jpg1583121638750943981476769624128 (resized).jpg1583121638750943981476769624128 (resized).jpg
#225 4 years ago

I kinda like it. Not the norm.

A little airbrush highlight...

#226 4 years ago

Oh yeah, it will be completely painted to match. Just that black hides so much detail when it isn't finished (and this was printed with a large nozzle and low quality settings). I like getting a physical part in hand before making too many changes so we can actually see it in a game, see what it looks like from various angles from the player view, etc.

#227 4 years ago

After seeing the portal gun on the game in person I think we'll just make an entire replacement. The gun handle and button go on the outside and the rest of the gun goes over the shooter lane. I'll put in an actual segmented display to show the dimension (does it need to be configurable? Or is everyone in C-137?) and relocate their light in to the dome of the new one. This will keep the proper continuity/illusion going of the gun parts in the proper positions (so to speak) and I think we an do a bit better on the interior parts of the gun. I'll also make it removable with magnets since it is very hard to get the balls out of the game with it on.

#228 4 years ago

After seeing the portal gun on the game in person I think we'll just make an entire replacement. The gun handle and button go on the outside and the rest of the gun goes over the shooter lane. I'll put in an actual segmented display to show the dimension (does it need to be configurable? Or is everyone in C-137?) and relocate their light in to the dome of the new one. This will keep the proper continuity/illusion going of the gun parts in the proper positions (so to speak) and I think we an do a bit better on the interior parts of the gun. I'll also make it removable with magnets since it is very hard to get the balls out of the game with it on.

This is how I envisioned it. Interested in what you come up with. If there's a way to have the LED lettering for the dimension letters that would be cool too. Even better if we can set it to our game numbers.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is how I envisioned it. Interested in what you come up with. If there's a way to have the LED lettering for the dimension letters that would be cool too. Even better if we can set it to our game numbers.

Game number, duh, I should have thought of that. Ok, done deal then. Small microcontroller with a knob that lets you choose your letters/numbers.

Gonna see what size segmented displays are easily obtainable. I have a bunch here but they are about double the size and white.

Gonna be too much custom work to do a segmented display in the format we would need and size. Changing course, going to do a red backlit custom printed display for each order. So when you order you can choose what you want printed on the gun display. It will keep costs down quite a bit.

#230 4 years ago

Not sure exactly where to put the butter bot. Maybe on the plastic by the right ramp where the ball does a quick u turn or maybe somewhere up by the horseshoe. The butter bot has a red light on top of him would be cool to see it light up and be on a slow blinking loop.

#231 4 years ago

Cool, I'll check that out.

Spider! Came out really good actually.

0302200959 (resized).jpg0302200959 (resized).jpg
#232 4 years ago

Do not forget about the pepper ghost effect portal mod in the garage

#233 4 years ago

Heh, i didn't. I'll add it to the list above. Got a lot of measurements and checked out mounting options. I'm looking at screens.

Crude mockup of window and microverse. Think 6x6x8" is going to be too big. Gonna scale it down a bit. We're working on the base now that will finish it off and provide light mounting.

Gonna do some sort of backdrop so the wood and various brackets and such are hidden. Optional accessory.
0302201035_HDR (resized).jpg0302201035_HDR (resized).jpg

#234 4 years ago

Heh, i didn't. I'll add it to the list above. Got a lot of measurements and checked out mounting options. I'm looking at screens.
Crude mockup of window and microverse. Think 6x6x8" is going to be too big. Gonna scale it down a bit. We're working on the base now that will finish it off and provide light mounting.
Gonna do some sort of backdrop so the wood and various brackets and such are hidden. Optional accessory.
[quoted image]

Looking good!

#235 4 years ago

First production print. Meeseeks is coming out shortly. Next, off to the paint booth.

#236 4 years ago

"I'm finally an awesome looking pickle flipper!"

#237 4 years ago

Look, look what I did Morty! I turned myself in to a flipper! lol. Ah that show.

First color test. Close, but need to tweak. Clear is too glossy, going flat next time.

#238 4 years ago

First color test. Not quite there, tweaking it a bit. Thankfully I won't be painting the real ones but I try.

#239 4 years ago

I like what you got! I want this for my upper right flipper. Thats the pickle rick flip biiiooootch!!!

Just my $0.02, but I think you should ditch the tongue. Just his open mouth with teeth is funny enough, and might look cleaner.

#240 4 years ago

A center post.

#241 4 years ago

Yeah, I'm sure it will all look better when the pro paints it. Here's my meager attempt at Meeseeks. Still have a bit of design changes for this one. I think the colors are good, once we have finished painted ones I'll post them.

#242 4 years ago

Yeah, I'm sure it will all look better when the pro paints it. Here's my meager attempt at Meeseeks. Still have a bit of design changes for this one. I think the colors are good, once we have finished painted ones I'll post them.[quoted image]

Looks good. But now the question is...do you put two different expressions on meeseeks face for the bottom flippers and a kirkland red meeseeks for the third flipper?

#243 4 years ago

Heh, we have the happy and sad versions. Making a few tweaks to them all just to aid in painting and better define a few features. I suppose a Kirkland version is easy enough.

My thought was to use the meeseeks on the top flipper since it is near the box. Pickle rick on the bottom but I'm thinking of some other concepts that aren't characters for there as well. I have a few tossing around.

#244 4 years ago

My thought was to use the meeseeks on the top flipper since it is near the box. Pickle rick on the bottom but I'm thinking of some other concepts that aren't characters for there as well. I have a few tossing around.

But pickle rick is UNDER THE UPPER FLIPPER....thats obviously the right spot for a pickle rick flipper.

The bottoms need a texture pattern or something....not keen on the faces on the main flippers.

#245 4 years ago

But pickle rick is UNDER THE UPPER FLIPPER....thats obviously the right spot for a pickle rick flipper.
The bottoms need a texture pattern or something....not keen on the faces on the main flippers.

Truth.

One I was thinking of were the blast shields on the house, that kind of pattern. Another could be schleem.

#246 4 years ago

Thought of a good mod that could light up and go on the plastic ramp coming back to the right flipper. Who doesnt like fart.

80pfml8vt0ty (resized).jpg80pfml8vt0ty (resized).jpg
#247 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Thought of a good mod that could light up and go on the plastic ramp coming back to the right flipper. Who doesnt like fart.[quoted image]

Could do that, yup. I've been wracking my brain for something to do with that right ramp. It's a bit... plain, unused. I needs something and being so long it's a hard one to do. The mega seed tree would sort of work there as a long thing but that's already the support post there.

#248 4 years ago

Have you seen the Elvira HOH Crypt mod for the right ramp. It’s pretty awesome and interacts with the ball as it passes through it.

I think something like that would be perfect for this game but I still am thinking of what the RM theme is.

08BFC292-2140-48A3-B1BF-83051ABBBA43 (resized).png08BFC292-2140-48A3-B1BF-83051ABBBA43 (resized).png
#249 4 years ago

Nope, haven't seen that, nice. I am making an upgraded Munchkin Hut for WOZ which sort of does something similar (interact with ball movement).

Maybe one of rick's devices might work there. Rick body in the stasis tubes or something. I'll think on this, check out some episodes again.

Got updated Meeseeks and Pickle Rick printing.

#250 4 years ago

Also want to suggest an interactive Blips and Chitz Mod. This could be awesome on the left side near that open area near the left ramp.

F32722F3-77BC-444A-8C2D-29810F78F119 (resized).pngF32722F3-77BC-444A-8C2D-29810F78F119 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Trade
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,699 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 419 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread/page/5?hl=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.