pasted_image (resized).png
KClose (resized).png
Close (resized).png
There are 419 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

It had just got to location and they had it set to freeplay for a bit before switching it over to schmeckles. Theres no doubt in my mind that it will be overflowing.

Okay pitching in here. Must give credit to garretswinning for making me think of it, but instead of 25 cent slots, the coin ejects should say 25 Schmeckles.

Oof course the DBA could have a different denomination as well.

#152 4 years ago

Have not seen any ideas around a Gromflomite mod for the multi-ball.
Akin to the AFM hopping aliens.

Shameless ripoff but hey "Go Capitalism"

gromflomite (resized).pnggromflomite (resized).png
#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Okay pitching in here. Must give credit to garretswinning for making me think of it, but instead of 25 cent slots, the coin ejects should say 25 Schmeckles.

I can get down with the schmeckles.

I cant get the wizard or mortys dragon Balthromaw out of my mind. Not sure on the area for it to get placed. Maybe above the scoop. Would be cool to see Balthromaw laying on his hoard. Could even put a slimer hi-c container in it and small soldiers lolli pop lol. Just a quote from ricks and Balthromaw's conversation.

Definitely see them being used for a wizard mode.

3613161-3 (resized).png3613161-3 (resized).pngs-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I know someone did some coin ejects (they are for sale on here) but not with schmeckles. Maybe I'll just make that insert and provide it with anyone who orders a R&M mod, little bonus. Unless you want a colored replacement for the eject buttons, which we can do as well.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Have not seen any ideas around a Gromflomite mod for the multi-ball.
Akin to the AFM hopping aliens.
Shameless ripoff but hey "Go Capitalism"[quoted image]

The thing with a lot of the characters is blatant ripping off of IP unless they exist elsewhere. I spent a lot of time working with licensees of R&M IP to provide as many options of licensed products as possible. I haven't posted them yet, need to do some measuring next week. But even more so, many of the characters have tiny limbs which are absolutely horrible to print and keep structurally sound. Not to mention the painting involved, it's a huge pain in the arse. For bigger, more prominent characters and items I can see it being worth it (like the witch in WOZ) but for the ancillary items we have to pick and choose.

I did the toppers for both ramps (based on the images that are on the ramps) because they are a prominent game feature.

#156 4 years ago

RAMP TOPPERS

Working on mounts.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#157 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

RAMP TOPPERS
Working on mounts.[quoted image][quoted image]

How are you going to produce these? Will you be able to avoid the 3D printed "texture"?

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How are you going to produce these? Will you be able to avoid the 3D printed "texture"?

If printed in ABS, a simple acetone vapor chamber can smooth out any "ridges" with minimal loss of detail. He also may be using SLA or creating casts/injection molds using the 3D printed objects - many ways to go about this.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

If printed in ABS, a simple acetone vapor chamber can smooth out any "ridges" with minimal loss of detail. He also may be using SLA or creating casts/injection molds using the 3D printed objects - many ways to go about this.

Yeah I know, but I've been seeing a lot of mods with the 3D ridges. I don't care for the look. Hopefully these are smooth.

#160 4 years ago

or if he's using non-planar 3D printing, the ridges are pretty much non-existent

#161 4 years ago

I'm gonna do some tests. Might go sla with resin. But typically we sand and fill before we paint if it's fdm.

#162 4 years ago

RAMP TOPPERS
Working on mounts.[quoted image][quoted image]

Lol, awesome.
The spider needs an ice cream cone with flys in it.

#163 4 years ago

Here's my Pickle Rick mod. In this location he helps hide the opto wire harness behind him. I made a new plastic with Pickle Rick themed art on it. It's a clear plastic in this pic but I'm going to replace it with a florescent green one.

I'll be putting a tutorial up soon on how to make your own. For the non DIY types I will be selling them as well.
20200223_181237 (resized).jpg20200223_181237 (resized).jpg

20200223_210035 (resized).jpg20200223_210035 (resized).jpg
#164 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here's my Pickle Rick mod. In this location he helps hide the opto wire harness behind him. I made a new plastic with Pickle Rick themed art on it. It's a clear plastic in this pic but I'm going to replace it with a florescent green one.
I'll be putting a tutorial up soon on how to make your own. For the non DIY types I will be selling them as well.[quoted image]

Is there a plastic there to start with? Looks 100% awesome. The green plastic will look even better!

I was thinking about the decked out pickle rick to go there but I wasn't sure if it would fit. I have some funko models but they are somewhat large. I'll test them out this week.

#165 4 years ago

I made video portal mod for the portal eject location. It plays a continuous animation of a portal.

I was originally going to have it only come on when the garage portal is lit. But after thinking about it, the portal is actually on all the time. Everytime you enter the garage the ball instantly portals through to the eject spot whether the garage was lit or not.

It mounts to the clear plastic that holds the blue crystals so the are moved slightly to make room for the display. The display is OLED so the colors look much better than in the pics.

Not sure on the best color for the bezel. I tried a black one and a mirrored finish one. What colors would you think would look the best?

20200223_181138 (resized).jpg20200223_181138 (resized).jpg20200223_205816 (resized).jpg20200223_205816 (resized).jpg
#166 4 years ago

Those are cool! We were tossing around ideas for the scoops. I think the black looks awesome. Do you have a wider shot? Maybe if it was tilted up a bit it might look sort of more like the loop combo JP scoop signs a bit. That was one of my ideas, do some acrylic signs over the scoops. We were trying to brainstorm things which would cover the scoops that make sense for that shape.

#167 4 years ago

Like that Black Trim.

Any chance you can raise that back edge a few MM or so and angle it more toward the shooter?

#168 4 years ago

Is there a plastic there to start with? Looks 100% awesome. The green plastic will look even better!
I was thinking about the decked out pickle rick to go there but I wasn't sure if it would fit. I have some funko models but they are somewhat large. I'll test them out this week.

Yes there is a plastic there already. It doesnt stand out much as it has black space and stars art on it. In this pic you can see the wiring I wanted to hide by putting Pickle Rick in front of it.

rps20200223_223150 (resized).jpgrps20200223_223150 (resized).jpg

I think the funkos are too big. This Picke Rick is the perfect size and has a lot of detail. Heres where he comes from.

https://www.amazon.com/Rick-Morty-Talking-Pickle/dp/0762494344/ref=asc_df_0762494344/

41EXUwRzq1L._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg41EXUwRzq1L._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I made video portal mod for the portal eject location. It plays a continuous animation of a portal.
I was originally going to have it only come on when the garage portal is lit. But after thinking about it, the portal is actually on all the time. Everytime you enter the garage the ball instantly portals through to the eject spot whether the garage was lit or not.
It mounts to the clear plastic that holds the blue crystals so the are moved slightly to make room for the display. The display is OLED so the colors look much better than in the pics.
Not sure on the best color for the bezel. I tried a black one and a mirrored finish one. What colors would you think would look the best?[quoted image][quoted image]

Turn that display panel to face down toward the playfield, but at a 45 degree incline. Max brightness. Extend plastic between inlane posts and re-entry posts (for reflection). Correct geometry will give you a pepper ghost portal in front of the re-entry scoop (on a slant) that the ball can pop out of.

Mount some kind of static toy over the screen to disguise it.

Can run whenever portal is lit (topper tie in?). An unlit garage shot doesn't change your dimension, so I think shouldn't really come out of a portal effect?.

The scoop is a dark cavern, which should help the effect to be noticable/effective... and doesn't require much more than the items shown there already (display). Slightly larger panel though perhaps?

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Like that Black Trim.
Any chance you can raise that back edge a few MM or so and angle it more toward the shooter?

It could be raised and angled but i didnt think it needed it. Unlike LCD, the OLED is nice and bright regardless of viewing angle. I thought raising it would block view of things behind it so I left it flat for my first take on it. I could make a simple bracket the could tie in to the existing standoff and see how it looks in a raised position.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

An unlit garage shot doesn't change your dimension, so I think shouldn't really come out of a portal effect?.

That's what I thought too. But when garage isnt lit the ball still appears instantly at the eject spot when you go into garage. So even though you didnt change dimensions you still portaled from garage to this location ?

There is also a bit of a lag from when you tell animation to start and when it actually does. So if you had portal lit and hit it right away it might not come on before it already went through.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That's what I thought too. But when garage isnt lit the ball still appears instantly at the eject spot when you go into garage. So even though you didnt change dimensions you still portaled from garage to this location ?
There is also a bit of a lag from when you tell animation to start and when it actually does. So if you had portal lit and hit it right away it might not come on before it already went through.

I would be looking for it to remind me if it was a dimension change or not.

It can still be fast and not show the portal can't it? ... especially since there is no actual portaling happening?

I wonder if Eric has anything in the works to do with delaying the re-entry some amount if the portal is not lit ? ....

#173 4 years ago

Mega seeds are a big part of the game and Mega Trees are featured on the side art as well.

20200223_162801 (resized).jpg20200223_162801 (resized).jpg

The right ramp support is a Mega Tree but its missing its top and doesnt gave any Mega Fruit.

20200223_211414 (resized).jpg20200223_211414 (resized).jpg

Thinking a "cap" that fits on top of it would look nice. Heres my first stab at it. Ignore the plastic cap part. That's just temporary until I can get something 3d printed with a better shape and color.

20200223_211902 (resized).jpg20200223_211902 (resized).jpg

#174 4 years ago

Definitely need that cap. No brainer.

I think the tilt of the screen might just look better, but would need to see it in person. I like the idea of the pepper's ghost effect if it can be pulled off but I worry about the geometry possibilities trying to wedge that kind of effect in there. Would be really cool.

#175 4 years ago

"You son of a bitch ; I'm in."

Those Megatree tops are awesome!!

#176 4 years ago

Jinx Meeseeks mini fig is perfect size.

20200222_200103 (resized).jpg20200222_200103 (resized).jpg
#177 4 years ago

Better buttons

rps20200223_231959 (resized).jpgrps20200223_231959 (resized).jpgrps20200223_232026 (resized).jpgrps20200223_232026 (resized).jpg
#178 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Jinx Meeseeks mini fig is perfect size.[quoted image]

I believe we have some of those

#179 4 years ago

I think we have the portal gun launch handle looking pretty good. Works pretty much like the JP gun launcher. Portal lights up with spinning lights when the ball is ready to be launched. Gun button launches the ball. Mounts to the cabinet using the stock nut from the original button. Panel on the bottom to access the switch for any maintenance.

Though you all might like to see how well I draw when I communicate with our designers. I am not an artist. Somehow they understand it.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I 100% know I can draw 3D boxes way better than that. My white board rendition was much better.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yes there is a plastic there already. It doesnt stand out much as it has black space and stars art on it. In this pic you can see the wiring I wanted to hide by putting Pickle Rick in front of it.
[quoted image]
I think the funkos are too big. This Picke Rick is the perfect size and has a lot of detail. Heres where he comes from.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

I have one of these sitting on my desc at the office that one of my employees bought me for Christmas.
The first thing I thought when i opened it was "this is going to be a mod somewhere on my pin", just wasn't sure where.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Jinx Meeseeks mini fig is perfect size.[quoted image]

Where did you purchase him from?

I believe we have some of those

I have the sad meeseeks but I'd love to get the happy one if you have one to sell?

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I have the sad meeseeks but I'd love to get the happy one if you have one to sell?

The jinx one? I have to do some inventory but we may have a few. The little jinx ones are hard as heck to come by. We have somewhat more Funko but those are basically all discontinued now.

#183 4 years ago

I should of posted here rather than the long other thread. More fitting.
My new pin cup with color changing led, porthole green! Will look killer on this pin

F43056BA-CD4A-4EE4-9EFD-A047B0C2E066 (resized).jpegF43056BA-CD4A-4EE4-9EFD-A047B0C2E066 (resized).jpeg
#184 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I should of posted here rather than the long other thread. More fitting.
My new pin cup with color changing led, porthole green! Will look killer on this pin

Be really cool if you had a portal print / decal on the bottom for the lights to shine through.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Be really cool if you had a portal print / decal on the bottom for the lights to shine through.

You could take that a step further and get a couple of half length Rick and Morty figures and mount them to the bottom of the cup like they are coming through the portal.

#187 4 years ago

I’m sure someone can jump in to accommodate that. My specialty is injection molding and mold building. I am molding the cups in a nuke green that can be lit up or not and or use the clear cups and choose a color.

#188 4 years ago

I was thinking I saw this posted somewhere else, I was right, lol. Facebook. Looking good.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

My specialty is injection molding and mold building.

I always wanted to meet someone who did that stuff.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I bought at gamestop or FYE about two years ago when I was planning on doing a rick and morty retheme.

I think they are long gone from stores now so if you want one probably ebay.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I bought at gamestop or FYE about two years ago when I was planning on doing a rick and morty retheme.
I think they are long gone from stores now so if you want one probably ebay.

eBay has the sad ones for 4 bucks. Didn't see the happy versions. Sad will fit my gameplay style better anyways. lol

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

eBay has the sad ones for 4 bucks. Didn't see the happy versions. Sad will fit my gameplay style better anyways. lol

Yeah, I picked up a sad one off eBay, but I'd like to get a happy one also.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Yeah, I picked up a sad one off eBay, but I'd like to get a happy one also.

I just ordered these
Meeseeks Xmas ornaments. Includes a smiling one along with lots of others. Hoping I can remove the string they hang from and fill in the hole. 3.9" tall.

#194 4 years ago

Been doing a lot of hard research and development work

0227201525_HDR (resized).jpg0227201525_HDR (resized).jpg
#195 4 years ago

Been doing a lot of hard research and development work[quoted image]

Cards look a tad small. Whats the actual measurement for these cards to fit snug in the slots cut out to hold it in place. Im assuming theres tape on the bottom side.

#196 4 years ago

I'm assuming they are "standard" size, but I'll measure.

#197 4 years ago

So game impressions. Callouts, art and video are all top notch. It's like you're playing in the show. I can't wait to see what else they add, adventures, modes, etc. The shots are unnatural for me, an amateur player, but I think another hundred games or so and I should have the hang of it I probably played 40-50 games yesterday. Playfield looks very nice, whatever Spooky is doing it is working. There are plenty of "ooops, should not have tried that shot" things that will catch you out. I had a lot of drains, a lot. I don't know if I just suck that much but considering the videos I've seen of the game and the "good" scores people are posting I'm not doing too bad. I think I hit like 1.5m yesterday, finished a few adventures. Probably a game better for home use, IHMO, as you want to hear all of the audio and you're going to have to play a lot of games. The topper is... meh. I mean, can't knock it for free and interactive but it's flimsy and doesn't really come in to view when playing the game so it's more like an attract mode advertisement versus a part of the game. I don't think it will even fit in my room (I can't put my DE JP topper on but I can fit my JJP toppers) so I'm working on a replacement that will use the stock interactivity but is lower profile. The integrated playfield elements like the ball save timer and the magna save charge indicator are smart. The reject shots from the loops are really annoying but I think with some tweaking it might improve. I am wondering if anyone has tried waxing the ball guides because it seems like that might make it all slightly better. I'm sure most of it was my bad shooting but when you do hit the loop it feels awesome and if you hit it twice in a row you are a god. Personally, I feel ball launches like this are a bit of a waste of a good game element but I don't get to design games. I am 100% sure no one will be disappointed by the quality of the game, the obvious time and work that went in to it.. if anything, it might be too hard to love (Houdini) but no one will lose money selling this game so it doesn't matter. The unique elements (pop bumper, danesi lock, portal re-entry, etc) are successful in making it unlike any game I've played.

I believe we are going to do a plumbumper. I was worried the stock one was unique enough that you'd want to keep it but it just has a sticker on it, not a big loss and probably the best place for a plumbus to be placed. Going back in a bit to do some measurements to make sure everything will fit. I may have found someone local who is getting an early game that I can fit stuff on so that will help move development along. I also think there is a room for a "hovering ship" mod, one of the things I felt looks a bit under developed. The mounting and ship movement lack a bit of refinement that I think could be helped along by removing the spring and base. Will take a bit of engineering to make it still move while hovering but I think if the movement is lost it isn't a big deal. It doesn't function enough like AfM that you're missing anything IMO.

#198 4 years ago

OMG That Pickle Rick plastic/figure is perfect! Please sell me one all ready to go!

Cant wait to see final megaseed cap. Totally sweet.

#199 4 years ago

"Listen, I’m not the nicest guy in the universe, because I’m the smartest, and being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."

First mockup, need to do some refining, probably going to cut off more of the gun to have it sit closer to the game. Will be able to know more once we have a prototype to do the standard "how does it actually feel" test.

#200 4 years ago

Nice work Harry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,999 (OBO)
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 419 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread/page/4?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.