pasted_image (resized).png
KClose (resized).png
Close (resized).png
There are 419 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Need a plumbus tilt bob

I beat you to this idea in the other thread

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

YES! YES YES YES

Okay, will do. I'll just wait until rules are more finalized to create.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

With the butt shooter button (my wife isn’t sure about the plumbus), can it be attached to a fart button sound. You could make the butt a cover of the fart button that attaches (glues) to the start button. That way, every time you launch a ball/push the button it farts. A button battery (replaceable) could power the fart sound...I feel so much like a 10 year old right now.

Heh, we already brainstormed the fart sound. I want it to come out of the speakers.

Quoted from garretswinning:

How about a moon man decal to go on the glass(mortyvoice) "im pretty sure i know the difference between a man and a smudge on the glass"

Oh sure, easy enough!

#104 4 years ago

Looks like the plastic is still in the garage. Hard to tell. I can't imagine why it is there except to make it so they didn't have to cut out more detailed pieces? I guess maybe they don't want airballs to go in the portal?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#105 4 years ago

SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT!

9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
#106 4 years ago

Looks like the plastic is still in the garage. Hard to tell. I can't imagine why it is there except to make it so they didn't have to cut out more detailed pieces? I guess maybe they don't want airballs to go in the portal?[quoted image]

It’s the base of the house. It also helps prevent hard shots from the garage/orbit from getting air and getting stuck in/on/behind things like it does on the white wood.

#107 4 years ago

I think the portal gun as a start button would be cool , like the fish tails handle , have the portal gun going into a portal , to cover the hole . It would have to be made out of steel and powder coated so it wouldn't break off .

IMG20200208214613 (resized).jpgIMG20200208214613 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214417 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214417 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214254 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214254 (resized).jpg
#108 4 years ago

I'm not sold on the pickle rick bat toppers. First, there is a way better opportunity to use him as an actual figure (plain pickle or rat hybrid) in the game which is way more visual. Second, I think it wouldn't look great since the shapes don't match you either have a small pickle (harhar) or miss a lot of the design.
So what else could go on those flippers? Poopy butthole (Mr to you) is that shape but would look awkward too, and again, figure.
The shrinking injection needle..
Laser gun

The 3rd flipper has Pickle Rick under it on the PF art. Therefore the 3rd flipper bat topper should be the syringe of Anti-Pickle-Serum that hangs over Pickle Rick (also fits the shape of a flipper bat nicely!) and attached to the pivot point of the flipper can be a string that leads to a pair of 3D printed scissors, that in turn is tied to a timer set for 10 minutes.

You’re welcome modders

#109 4 years ago

I think the best thing for the ball launch clearly is “Squanch Ball”

#110 4 years ago

The more I think about it the more I feel the plumbus should go elsewhere. The ball launch is the portal gun so that makes sense. I had thought about that handle before but I'm not sure why I told myself it wouldn't work. I'm printing a handle now to test. Doesn't need to be metal, I can make a handle that is plenty strong. And I'll give the option for the squanch button as well instead of the handle.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think the portal gun as a start button would be cool , like the fish tails handle , have the portal gun going into a portal , to cover the hole . It would have to be made out of steel and powder coated so it wouldn't break off .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If somebody builds this, and you're going to have the plasma bubble thing on it outside the game, be sure to include a cable extension so you can move the RGB from the inside portal gun to the handle portal gun. Since you don't really need the in-game redundant gun once you have a big one on the outside.

#112 4 years ago

The more I think about it the more I feel the plumbus should go elsewhere. The ball launch is the portal gun so that makes sense. I had thought about that handle before but I'm not sure why I told myself it wouldn't work. I'm printing a handle now to test. Doesn't need to be metal, I can make a handle that is plenty strong. And I'll give the option for the squanch button as well instead of the handle.

Plumbus should hang from the front/bottom of the cabinent.

Needs to have and actuator and when you tilt, it swing up to tickle you.

#113 4 years ago

I agree. Launch should be squanch ball or portal gun.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If somebody builds this, and you're going to have the plasma bubble thing on it outside the game, be sure to include a cable extension so you can move the RGB from the inside portal gun to the handle portal gun. Since you don't really need the in-game redundant gun once you have a big one on the outside.

It's just the handle/trigger that is outside the game. Otherwise it would look odd.

#115 4 years ago

The plumbus needs to dangle in the wind. It could be earring style like off the cabinet head of Predator. A better option would put a large plumbus onto a keychain. Then leaving the key in the coin door with keychain would result in the plumbus hanging beneath the cabinet bottom.
D754208D-060C-4071-BB69-2EDBE208DEAB.jpegD754208D-060C-4071-BB69-2EDBE208DEAB.jpeg

#116 4 years ago

Oooo boxes!

#117 4 years ago

In case anyone here is interested, I made this offer in a few other places. I think my game is 297, if anyone wants to trade who is significantly closer I'd do what I can to make it worth it. For starters, first place for each of the mods we make, no charge. I'd even consider flying to you and installing them. I'm going to do my best to take as many measurements and pics as I can next week when I go to WI but it would be much more handy to have a game here. Another option is a bespoke mod, something we make only for you, a service which we will be launching soon.

#118 4 years ago

A plumbus that lights up and vibrates slowly when you tilt the game, with a little screen that plays the video displaying how the plumbus is made. Take my money please.

#119 4 years ago

So... you only get to see it in action if you tilt?

I do like the idea of the plumbus clip but it's like 1-2 minutes long. How would that work?

#120 4 years ago

I can't believe no one has mentioned Simple Rick's Wafers!

Yeah, already on the list!

#121 4 years ago

Ethical dilemma here. The portal gun button (and part of the handle) are in the shooter lane. Do we repeat the handle with button as the launch trigger? It's a bit redundant that way but man, if it wasn't screaming to be put there. I was thinking the other option would be to replace the whole thing. I hate to just toss a brand new thing out but once I see it maybe we can re-use the lighting. I wanted to put an actual led display on it so the dimension number could change.

#122 4 years ago

So... you only get to see it in action if you tilt?
I do like the idea of the plumbus clip but it's like 1-2 minutes long. How would that work?

Just have the plumbus clip run constantly, like the tron arcade. But it lights up and jiggles when the tilt/warning happens.

#123 4 years ago

HA... good, I like that. Well, going to have to reconcile that with the interdimensional cable tv mod. Sounds like we need a single screen in a themed housing that would be for the regular clips and then could play the plumbus instructions when you tilt. The plumbus would then react. I was thinking it would be best if the plumbus also had at least the dingle bop straighten up or the floob move up and down. I guess it all depends on how much schleem you use.

I was originally doing the larger screen as the topper but when spooky gave us all free shit I sent the screens back. I suppose I could use the interactive triggering from their topper to play a "portal clip" on the screen when it would normally be rotating, the plumbus video when it should play and maybe a few other ones depending on game actions. Otherwise it would just rotate interdimensional cable channels. Of course this is getting in to deep pocket territory so I'm gonna have to think about the time on this one.

How many would want to replace that topper with a $500 interdimensional cable screen that has all that interaction? I was at least going to provide some add-on options to the left and right side of the spooky topper. Butter bot definitely needs a place, which was going to up there. I was pondering how we could use a web cam in the butter bot to good effect since it seems only natural but nothing made sense. I also have some other figures that could go up there but I'd love to embed a screen for interdimensional cable as the main part of the topper. It seems like it almost has to be done at this point. If not as a topper, somewhere.

I've toyed with video overlay technology but I think hijacking the main screen would get in the way of whatever was going on at the time. I suppose we could do an apron screen like some games have (JJP POTC). That would be out of the way but not very visual.

The thing with video clips is that I could definitely not be providing those. I'd make it very easy for you to load whatever video assets you wanted triggered at different times (no matter if this was just a plumbus thing or not) but the source of those clips would be ... somewhere... else....

#124 4 years ago

Doesn't need to be metal, I can make a handle that is plenty strong.

I've accidentally walked into my FT handle a few times and it can leave a nice bruise , I can't picture plastic being strong enough , considering it has to be hollow for the wires .
I have no idea if this would work . But the way I picture this going together is , a piece of steel plate about 3-4 mm thick , in the shape of the portal with a piece of steel pipe ( the diameter of the hole) welded to the portal , with thread on the end , so you can put a large nut and washer , to attach it to the cabnit from the inside and put some felt on the back of the portal so you don't damage the cabnit . I would do the colors of the portal in a baked on gloss enamel . The handle I would make out of cast steel and in two sections , like the FT handle , and powder coat to choice of color . Attach the handle to the portal with at least two counter sunk screws from behind the portal . I would like the crystal at the front of the gun to be made out of solid resin , so it is less likely to get damaged . I have no idea about electronics but I would like to see the crystal , c-137 and the start button lit up . I think the hardest part would be the mold for the handle . I would leave the original handle in the game as is . I wouldn't think that the materials to make it would cost that much and if done well , I think it would be a must have mod you could sell for a good price . Like I said I don't know if it would work or be possible , it's just what a picture in my head .

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've accidentally walked into my FT handle a few times and it can leave a nice bruise , I can't picture plastic being strong enough , considering it has to be hollow for the wires .
I have no idea if this would work . But the way I picture this going together is , a piece of steel plate about 3-4 mm thick , in the shape of the portal with a piece of steel pipe ( the diameter of the hole) welded to the portal , with thread on the end , so you can put a large nut and washer , to attach it to the cabnit from the inside and put some felt on the back of the portal so you don't damage the cabnit . I would do the colors of the portal in a baked on gloss enamel . The handle I would make out of cast steel and in two sections , like the FT handle , and powder coat to choice of color . Attach the handle to the portal with at least two counter sunk screws from behind the portal . I would like the crystal at the front of the gun to be made out of solid resin , so it is less likely to get damaged . I have no idea about electronics but I would like to see the crystal , c-137 and the start button lit up . I think the hardest part would be the mold for the handle . I would leave the original handle in the game as is . I wouldn't think that the materials to make it would cost that much and if done well , I think it would be a must have mod you could sell for a good price . Like I said I don't know if it would work or be possible , it's just what a picture in my head .

You'd be surprised how strong 3d printed parts are:

These would not be hollow parts, they would have channels built in for wiring but I guarantee you would not be able to break these. I'd replace any handle that you were able to break, no cost, no shipping. Your method sounds like it would cost at least double or triple what it would cost us to produce these via SLA or FDM. The same look could be had but at much less cost and hassle. We can iterate quickly with 3D modeling and printing, to commit to a mold for casting would take a large amount of time and investment that would drive the price up considerably and in the end the result would functionally be the same. I'd wager I could break my JJP gun easier than the piece we would create.

#126 4 years ago

You'd be surprised how strong 3d printed parts are:
These would not be hollow parts, they would have channels built in for wiring but I guarantee you would not be able to break these. I'd replace any handle that you were able to break, no cost, no shipping. Your method sounds like it would cost at least double or triple what it would cost us to produce these via SLA or FDM. The same look could be had but at much less cost and hassle. We can iterate quickly with 3D modeling and printing, to commit to a mold for casting would take a large amount of time and investment that would drive the price up considerably and in the end the result would functionally be the same. I'd wager I could break my JJP gun easier than the piece we would create.

You would know alot more than me . Your gun shooter for Potc looked sick , I would have got one if I hadn't bailed on my ce .

#127 4 years ago

Heh, not mine but yes it was slick! I wish I came up with that!

Thanks for the input, the design aesthetics I think are good talking points as well. The portal being used on the cabinet was a question of mine. It's sort of like with JJP POTC, there are umpteen images of the skull and crossbones all over the game, sort of gets a bit tired after a while. I'm wondering if the portal will do the same? I guess the portal plate could be an option. We already have the design done for both of these so no skin off really.

#128 4 years ago

Heh, not mine but yes it was slick! I wish I came up with that!
Thanks for the input, the design aesthetics I think are good talking points as well. The portal being used on the cabinet was a question of mine. It's sort of like with JJP POTC, there are umpteen images of the skull and crossbones all over the game, sort of gets a bit tired after a while. I'm wondering if the portal will do the same? I guess the portal plate could be an option. We already have the design done for both of these so no skin off really.

That's right , I got you mixed up with Frankenstein .
A portal plate that lights up would look good .

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I got you mixed up with Frankenstein.

Yeah...that happens to me all the time. Seriously, some awesome ideas here. Can’t wait to see how they turn out.

#130 4 years ago

Oooo boxes![quoted image]

What funkos did you get!?

#131 4 years ago

I found this interesting: https://partner.redbubble.com/partners/agreements/3196-rick-and-morty/about. Particularly "Don’t use Rick and Morty™ logo fonts as type for your designs. It should be used for the logo only." Merchandise does not ever seem to use the typeface for anything other than the logo, so I guess any mods shouldn't use the official typeface anyway.

#132 4 years ago

What funkos did you get!?

ALL the funkos

Quoted from jonesjb:

I found this interesting: https://partner.redbubble.com/partners/agreements/3196-rick-and-morty/about. Particularly "Don’t use Rick and Morty™ logo fonts as type for your designs. It should be used for the logo only." Merchandise does not ever seem to use the typeface for anything other than the logo, so I guess any mods shouldn't use the official typeface anyway.

Luckily there are fonts very similar

#133 4 years ago

ALL the funkos

Luckily there are fonts very similar

Actually my point is that even for official merchandise, the official Rick and Morty Font is only used for the logo.

#135 4 years ago

I ordered these and I would really love to add some lighting. That said, I'm not a modder, so I have no idea where to start. Maybe something that can be developed by those wiser than myself in this thread.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-200-0101-00

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I ordered these and I would really love to add some lighting. That said, I'm not a modder, so I have no idea where to start. Maybe something that can be developed by those wiser than myself in this thread.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-200-0101-00

Lighted pinball mods makes lit hinges. I believe they use Electro-Luminescent paper covered with a black mask. The tricky part is routing the wire so it's out of sight and doesnt snag on anything when backbox goes up and down. If you dont mind drilling holes in the cab it make make wiring them easier.

https://lightedpinballmods.com/product-category/lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers/

#137 4 years ago

When doing the microverse need to make sure to do the correct one and not the miniverse

S2e6_Microverse_Battery (resized).pngS2e6_Microverse_Battery (resized).pngThe_Ricks_Must_be_Crazy (resized).pngThe_Ricks_Must_be_Crazy (resized).png
#139 4 years ago

You know whats missing

20200219_211529 (resized).jpg20200219_211529 (resized).jpg20200219_211533 (resized).jpg20200219_211533 (resized).jpg
#140 4 years ago

You know whats missing[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't say the lock, we can see you just removed it.

#141 4 years ago

Does your game even turn on without the miniverse battery installed?

#142 4 years ago

Does your game even turn on without the miniverse battery installed?

It does not lol

#143 4 years ago

You know whats missing[quoted image][quoted image]

more quarters?? that box should be filled to the brim!

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

more quarters?? that box should be filled to the brim!

It had just got to location and they had it set to freeplay for a bit before switching it over to schmeckles. Theres no doubt in my mind that it will be overflowing.

#145 4 years ago

It had just got to location and they had it set to freeplay for a bit before switching it over to schmeckles. Theres no doubt in my mind that it will be overflowing.

It will be full of quarters in 12.5 days. Get a DBA also!

#146 4 years ago

"We're gonna need a bigger coin box".

#147 4 years ago

Just a thought how about a mod that mortys could be on the right ramp return.

479d69914e71fd2b204f1b0827f0a0177925e2f8.jpeg (resized).jpg479d69914e71fd2b204f1b0827f0a0177925e2f8.jpeg (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200220-125146_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200220-125146_YouTube (resized).jpg
#148 4 years ago

Just a thought how about a mod that mortys could be on the right ramp return.[quoted image][quoted image]

Humm... I'll think about that.

In case you want to go a different route with the main flippers or if you want to put pickle flipper on the bottom and meeseeks on the upper.

#149 4 years ago

Anyone want a blanket of schleem to cover their game when not in use?

Other option was a black space towel.

I'l take input before ordering. I could see the pink towel being a bit bright but I like the idea of using the schleem, since it is repurposed.

#150 4 years ago

Does anyone have interest in a citadel pinball machine mod? I don't know where it would go (I have a lot of places on the playfield covered already). I think the sort of "inceptionness" of it all would be cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
$ 13,500.00
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 419 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread/page/3?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.