20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Look past the hammer.

Are those Wranglers?!?

#241 4 years ago

Relax everyone, it's just a TNA retheme.

#243 4 years ago

If you dismiss this show due to crude humor, fine, your loss. It's just window dressing. Come for the one-liners, stay for the actually very good science fiction storylines. I don't mean like Marvel sci-fi with racoons & trees fighting. I mean twisted old-school literary sci-fi that explores the logical end & ramifications of reality-altering technology.

Like, what would happen if you had a device that could create a being whose only desire is to complete one task for you, no matter the cost, or mental strain on the being itself. And what would happen if the being got ahold of the device.

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

They set a price based on their cost to make the game, not what the market will pay.

That's too bad. Stern eventually learned that they were undercharging. Flippers were cashing in on the consumer surplus (google it). Now Stern keeps all the profit for their hard work, not some guy scalping cardboard boxes at a $1k upcharge. I'd rather that money go to Spooky and its employees.

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

this statement seems to contradict itself

You need to a be fang club member to get an early game, period. Then decide whether you want to buy it direct from Spooky or a distributor.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

After Watching the clips posted here. Theres no way in hell Stern would do this theme. Wayyyyy to vulgar with the language and content.

I mean, Stern did Walking Dead, a show which features at least one gruesome zombie or human death per episode, where they use every swear except the F and C words. The match sequence is a zombie digging through a pile of intestines. Stern also did Metallica of JACK-FUCKING-POT fame. They included "this man has no dick" in a Ghostbusters mode start callout. Dunno where people got the idea that Stern is some pearl-clutching G-rated company.

And I'm sure Spooky won't include all of the super vulgar R&M content, as much as some people apparently want that. Most of the show's humor and sci-fi appeal isn't that vulgar. It's just easy to cherry-pick that stuff and post it.

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I just hope it has a massive amount of foul language that makes this show what it is.

Sigh.

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Anyone care to speculate what Danesi has cooked up for R&M Pinball?

Outlane spinners.

edit: shit! Odin beat me to the punch... line.

#778 4 years ago

I've never watched the Sopranos, CSI, 24, Game of Thrones, NASCAR, Elvira's show, and I'm pretty sure I've never sat through an entire episode of the Munsters or Wheel of Fortune. It's a wonder I can stand to play pinball at all.

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

It's Rick AND Morty. It's not Rick & Morty or Rick + Morty. It's Rick AND Morty. The acronym clearly needs to be RAM, not R&M and certainly not R+M. Let's get that shit straight right now so future searches are improved.

Yeah Morty I can't wait to find a thousand *BURRRP* posts about the Game of Thrones battering ram when I search for RAM, jeez Morty, it's like *BURRRP* you've never heard the word "ram" before, you really are your father's son aren't you Morty?

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

R&M really knocked deeproot to the side. Will Stranger Things do the same thing to R&M?

Stranger Things, kind of old news. It's already run the full mainstream hype cycle. Three of four seasons are complete. The kids are going to be shaving by the time season four airs. I love the show, but it's run its course.

Rick & Morty is just on the cusp of transitioning from cult show to mainstream hit. As evidenced by this thread, a large portion of (non-young) people had literally never heard of it. It already seems huge to those in-the-know, and will only get bigger over the next 70 episodes. Only a third of the total episodes have aired. And there's already ten times as much material as you can cram into one game. Perfect timing by Spooky.

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Better remember to tape it on your VCR!

(I believe the correct term for streaming shows, not being broadcast, is "drops.")

Wow man, that's next level pedantic. How about this mind-twister: cable shows don't actually air, because they don't come over the air! But if I stream Netflix on my iPad, Stranger Things is airing.

"Who cares," you might say. And you'd be right.

#2170 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Hell, I've still never seen The Shadow or Creature From the Black Lagoon.

Funny you should mention specifically those two. Some pin friends and I had a movie night like 15 years ago to watch both of them.

You aren't missing much.

#2808 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The need is that I want to know the cost of each

You don’t need to know yet. You just want to. Be patient.

#3892 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

How to keep up with this thread?

Page Down key like a mofo through all the ordering insanity pages.

#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Actually..not going to happen, but it would have been funny if every time you hit the box during that mode you get another ball so you end up with say 10 balls on the pf.

Quoted from JustEverett:

Can we up that to 15? Don't you guys want to beat Apollo 13 for the most balls in a game?

I count at least two dozen. Make it happen!
Meeseeks_and_Drestroy (resized).pngMeeseeks_and_Drestroy (resized).png

#4407 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Wondering how Kaneda knows he's early from Joe at pinball star?

Distributors might know which batch(es) they're in.

#4507 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Which DUH: it *should* have been the plunger!

Mod community will take care of that before half of the games ship.

#4733 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Care to comment on how/why/if the center scoop doesn't just fire the ball straight down the middle?

It's aimed slightly to the right, not dead center.

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What is it with you people? This has been done to death and ISN'T FUN.

I enjoy reverse flippers in the proper context, and with a generous ball save when they transition back. "Done to death" is a bit of an overstatement. How many games have ever done it? I can think of three. Four if you count Cactus Canyon Continued.

#4829 4 years ago

If I was Charlie I’d lose my fucking mind reading all this crap.

#4852 4 years ago

Everyone trying to read the tea leaves of their order number reminds of Get Schwifty, where people misinterpret the Cromulons and form a cult based on random weather phenomena.

#4963 4 years ago

I wish Spooky would just cancel that guy’s order so he can have his life back.

#4991 4 years ago

Wonka is a better fit for some of you guys.
1BF98901-498D-4BFC-94B9-EC2F646DB4B0.gif1BF98901-498D-4BFC-94B9-EC2F646DB4B0.gif

#5083 4 years ago

If you want a good laugh, read that guy’s first post in this thread:

Quoted from donkadelic:

Great play by Spooky, this will sell out no problem.

For me personally, was really looking forward to this since I love Danesi. But I hate the theme. I hate Rick & Morty I think it's pseudo-intellectual nonsense with characters ranging from boring to annoying.

If this were Venture Brothers, Sealab, Aqua Teen, Metalocalypse, etc, I would be over the moon ecstatic. But Rick & Morty...location play only. But again, just me personally, I know others love it and it will sell.

Some people are truly impossible to please, and determined to be upset somehow.

#5100 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

really...this will be my last post i promise.

Liar! You’re almost as bad as those scumbags over at Spooky.

#5349 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Look, I'm really not trying to complain here,

Imagine if he tried.

#5576 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Mount under machine and aim at back wall. R&M uses a launch button rather than shooter, right? Why not tie shooter button to trigger projection?

Light sensor in place of launch button, must aim portal gun at sensor?

#5722 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The phases of the lock mech can be this:

but their R no toyz!

1 week later
#6532 4 years ago

Had to bust out my old shirt in honor of this thread.
IMG_5160 (resized).JPGIMG_5160 (resized).JPG
Wrinkles & all.

#6544 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I would rather see T-shirts than place-in-line numbers, FFS...
T-Shirts of... anything in fact.

Ask and ye shall receive.
IMG_5235 (resized).JPGIMG_5235 (resized).JPG

#6547 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

At this point in pinball when new games are being released at over 10k, I think we are overdue to increase the meme to 20k.

Batman '66 ruined the meme single-handedly.

1 month later
#9798 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Scott already created the club. It's locked until games ship. Time to unlock it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club

Only mistake Scott made is not calling it the Wubba Lubba Dub Club. I'm gonna burn my shirt!
IMG_5234 (resized).JPGIMG_5234 (resized).JPG

#9830 4 years ago

But you're too good for cartoons; you do you.

He just doesn't like 'em. I don't get it either, but give the guy a break. Never seen so much vitriol for a guy saying "no interest in animated TV, but I'm buying the game anyway to route it." Most guys are like "I don't like theme X, I'm OUT!"

Troy is a good guy and a constant contributor to the hobby.

#9835 4 years ago

I'm sure he is an all-around great guy, surely that is his only example of closed-mindedness. No doubt he's a riot at parties.

Is there any artform you don't enjoy? Jazz fusion, pottery, interpretive dance? I guess you like it all, renaissance man. Troy doesn't like animation. I humbly suggest you get over it.

But if "you do you" is vitriolic, I don't know what to say.

I was referring to multiple people, but this part of your post was a bit more incendiary:

Your irrational, prejudiced disdain for animation (never watched one Simpsons?!!!)

#9916 4 years ago

For those watching the archived stream, I HIGHLY recommend fast forwarding 30 minutes. The first half of that show is the most inane garbage imaginable. Unless you've ever wanted to watch other people watch TMZ and google random shit.

Bowen, Charlie & Bug did a great job.

#10085 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I absolutely howled watching you AARP mofos lose your mind in confusion over the stream.

"Confusion" wasn't exactly my reaction. I enjoy Wonder Showzen, Tim & Eric, Superjail, the Eric Andre show, Too Many Cooks, etc. But I know the difference between weird and bad.

Pinball segment was enjoyable for obvious reasons, but would you watch another episode without a gun to your head?

#10089 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Thanks for the torch job.

I only downvoted you for signing your post THE BOSS HOG like anyone gives a shit.

#10500 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If that was case than club thread should have unlocked last week?

I always thought a club thread should be unlocked when the first pinsider can post a photo of the game in their possession. Until then it's a club with zero members.

#10807 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Spooky can remove the doubt by posting how many were affected

KT did.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If it is less than 100 that's great

That's what KT posted.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

and you can all tell me I was wrong and downvote me for ever more!

Duly noted.

#10813 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

A list of every number ? Where?

Oh, you want that? Lol, get real.

Listen, we understand that your ass is chapped because you got one of the bad TNA playfields, didn't get a brand-new game shipped to the UK to replace it, and that nothing short of that will ever make it 100% right in your eyes. What numbers can KT give you that will possibly make you feel better? Would an itemized list of every single TNA affected help you sleep at night?

Aren't you like, loaded or something? You hit the life lottery. Boo-hoo one of my rich boy toys isn't perfect, get the fuck over it. At this point your time is far more limited than your money. Why not spend it on something constructive?

#10816 4 years ago

I'm sure when Spooky starts making GM or Apple money they'll invest in a similar database.

#10822 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you aren't listening

Bingo.

#10826 4 years ago

Lol, like we have a choice. Hell hath no fury like a boomer scorned.

#11162 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think the whole layering system or giving the first 40 from spooky then layer in 20-40 to each distributor and so on is just too Byzantine and confusing.

Thankfully you don't have to understand it. All you have to do is buy a game from Spooky or a distributor and let them handle business end of things.

Quoted from rai:

But however it was handled it still worked out just need patience.

Indeed.

#11256 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I wish Stern had gotten the licence

Quoted from razorsedge:

No way I would have been in on RaM if it was a semi complete half baked turd thrown out there by stern.

There's a funny story behind why Stern didn't get R&M, but it's not mine to tell.

YEAH I'M GONNA BE THAT GUY.

#11266 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Then why even post in the first place.

I was up all night for work. Delirium set in.

2 weeks later
#11571 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My one wish is for a spinner on the right orbit.

I was kinda hoping for one in the quick turn-around shot that feeds the upper flipper. That area looks a little barren (mostly due to art choices out of Spooky's control) and it wouldn't hurt to take a little velocity off the ball anyway when feeding the upper flipper. Spinner would give that shot more of a unique feel/purpose. Might not be room to mount one there anyway, and of course the game is done & shipped. Just armchair designing. (sorry Scott!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.