20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

No need for the question mark! Change that to an exclamation!!!!!!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought it was going to be Killer Klowns From Outer Space, that had a chance. This has zero chance. Who the hell are Rick and Morty?

lol are you living under a Rock?

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from TheBEAVR:

Limited to 750.....and they're gone....

is that the edition size?

turns out this hair-do was a hint???

411D8787-69D0-4383-B967-B6F4ADA9D394 (resized).jpeg411D8787-69D0-4383-B967-B6F4ADA9D394 (resized).jpeg

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is a solid team. Congrats.

I would say!

The spooky dream team TBT!

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Yes. Scott Danesi design, Eric Priepke as lead programmer, myself on rules design, David van Es on animations, and more...

I assume OG content from the show creators?
Voice work by the pros?

#50 4 years ago

anyone that is not familiar with the series... it is basically simpsons/futruama but more intelligent Futurama type comedy. It is funny, strange, and somewhat disturbing at times (in a very good way)

Also some very good characters.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don;t tarnish R&M name with the Simpsons please.

lol

it is Groening ish type of style and settings.

The comedy is so much better but had obvious inspiration (what animated series doesn't honestly)

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why limit Spooky's upside on likely their biggest pin to date? Could sell as much as their first 3 combined.

My guess is that Spooky has been very clear on their desire to stay right sized for them. They want to build games at the right rate for them to stay safe, keep good people in work, and build them in a time frame typically set by license constraints (i.e. 24 months)

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from db666:

Two flipper buttons?

And no plunger

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Wish I could get really excited over this news - I'm not familiar with the show at all though.
Nonetheless, I look forward to the game's reveal and will keep an open mind in the meantime!

Only a 3 seasons and fourth just started. Pretty easy to get caught up if you are interested

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

It's a theme my kids and I all love. Now I've got to choose between House of Horrors and this.

honest reply... Go play HOH and go read the owners thread to see the pretty much constant issues many of us have been having.
EHOH is a mess out of the box. I suggest waiting that one out no matter what/where you spend your NIB money.

on the flipside, it seems R&M is going to sell quick (possibly before any of us get to play it due to FOMO?)

#358 4 years ago

so when do we get to see the layout, art, etc...?

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Christmas 2019.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

I thought maybe they would be delivering the first ones then?
Was hopeful for details today

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I think expectations are way out of wack on this. They MAY ship a game or two by then, but everyone thinking they're shipping these to customers within 20 days is unrealistic.
Christmas 2019 in the teaser, simply means it will be shown by then.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

good to know!

The teaser vid left me with lots of excitement and questions

So by Dec 25th we should see full package?

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Knowing the team involved including Scott, Eric P, Bowen

as I understand it, this is Eric on code!

also, dont forget David VanEs for what is arguably the best video dude in the business currently.

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

People throwing money at their monitors and others crying 750 LE machines isn’t enough indicates R&M is one hot property. All this hype before we have seen a pic, watched a vid or seen a game. With shipping expected to start in three weeks the excitement is off the charts.

They clarified earlier that REVEAL is expected at xmas.

I personally am hoping shipping follows closely!

I do think some hype is warranted. Great theme, Spooky has their shit together, Scott D with his sophomore design, Eric P gets a shot to really shine (and he is a great guy), plus Bown with D1 rules, and David VanEs on graphic.

Bonus with Scott D on some music
Plus real voice actors!

How can a fan of the theme not be pumped?

I mean, I need to see and play... but excitment should be off the charts for those that dig this.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Hang out with Ross more

I like hanging w Ross. We had a really fun time at Olympics

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Pretty sure I've said this to you before in person, but using Stern as a guide for quality of parts used in a game isn't a good idea. They have their issues too, and parts quality it's right up there.
No doubt Spooky is improving everyday. And current production is leaps and bounds better than the first games. Can't ask for much more than that.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

As an operator of every Stern game in the past 5+ years, they should often be used as an example of what NOT to do.

Most recently... don’t use cheap ass screws for flipper plates (drilling multiple snapped off screws is not fun on route) and done use those shit coil stops.

Flipper parts are the most important in the entire game. stern has royally Fd that up for the past 1.5 years.

Finally got to the point that could stops need to be stocked in bulk and we bought a pile of spare flipper plates to make it easier to swap on the fly rather than drill on location

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Spooky Pinball (WI Based)
PinballStar Amusements (PA Based)
KingPin Games (WI Based)
Nitro Amusements (WA Based)
Lock When Lit (MO Based)
I believe that is it for USA distributors.

Just do your research folks.

Spooky, pinball star, kingpin, and lock when lit are all good distributors and great people. Please support them if you are looking for a game!

#1106 4 years ago

I am not sure why so many people are completely incapable of reading the posts and understanding what is very clear?

750 total games. That is it. No more and no less.

You want a game? Then you should probably join the gang club to have a shot. Sounds like they will sell out and the gang club members have the first possible shot at them.

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Despite this, many many people will join understandably thinking this will secure them a game.
It should be made clearer that this membership does NOT (apparently) secure them a copy of RaM.

It is perfectly clear. The fan club is just that. A fan club.

With that membership, you get some swag and the Access to POSSIBLY buy a game two weeks before those not in the club.

It clearly says no refunds.

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing I have learned with Spooky is if you have the patience and can wait for the dust to settle, you can usually end up with a machine at or below retail at a later date. For those who want to own it right away-it turns into a feeding frenzy because of the wait. Watching people wanting TNA so bad they were willing to pay a premium to jump the line-and people were willing to make a premium selling their spot in line. Now that all of them are all made(for now),there are plenty to be had-no more frenzy.
The big difference with TNA was that it had nothing to do with theme. The gameplay and design sold itself. I have no idea what the following for Rick and Morty is or will be, but gameplay and layout will also need to be of importance.

And the speculating begins.

Can we at least wait till the reveal. Lol

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Let me help you...
"It's terrible!... it's great!... art sucks!... best art ever!... code is lame!... rules are amazing!... you're old!... damn kids!... this show is dumb!... this show is brilliant!... if you like this game you are stupid!... if you like whatever game you like you are stupid!... this company sucks!... best company ever!... game is too hard!... game is a challenge!... they nailed it!... terrible integration!... 10k by Christmas!... terrible investment!... LIONMAN!!!"
Did I miss anything?

galaxy under glass
and something about BFK being old...

that should sum it up

#1192 4 years ago

If you are on a list, it should go that way. If not, find a different distributor next time. That's for my company. I cant speak for the ways other do it.

How long is your list/ do you have likely allocation still that exceeds your current list?

In other words, can someone get on your list now and still secure a game once the fang club orders open?

#1262 4 years ago

So how do people think this is all going to play out for game storyline?

Will there be episodes featured as modes?
Will the game essentially be its own episode/ adventure and a completely unique storyline?
Characters as shots on the pf?

I see so many fun directions this could go!

I really hope the storyboard for this has the show creators involved also.

#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Im curious what shipping costs will be in the states if you order directly from spooky. If your going through spooky vs. A distrubitor you would think it would be a little cheaper cause your cutting out what the distributors cut would be....havent purchased directly from them. Someone else have any experience or knowledge on this.

Shipping is same. All games ship out of Benton wi.

No difference

Also, spooky let’s people pick up games so there is always that option no matter whom you buy from.

#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I'll pay extra for the "Non-Temp Edition", please.

this is a VERY good point and I think why we have seen steady increase in all aspects of build quality and consistency with Spooky.

I think many of the major issue I experience on route games with other companies is largely due to a boom/bust temporary staff that makes mistakes and is in constant learning curve.

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I prefer Ben being on YouTube. He just had a cool video making an Atari 2600 handheld console. Whatever he builds, it’s obvious that he’s very skilled.

in case yall have not been paying attention... Ben was on the latest spooky podcast and also part of the group at what appeared to be the final pow-wow for RandM (in social media stuff). Looks like Ben is once again back helping team Spooky? (a great thing in my mind as Ben is extremely creative, smart, and will push the rest of the team in a good way)

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Hoping price is same as AC.

What was the price point for AC? (I honestly dont remember)

Also, what was price point w add-ons for AC?

#1415 4 years ago

thanks

my guess is we will see something added to pay for the license?
maybe $500? That would likely cover the art, character use, and most importantly... the full voice work

just a wild ass guess, but I am expecting there will be something additional for r&m

That seems to be what Stern does also for the larger licenses (i.e. running premium only for Beatles/Elvira to offset the license cost)

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My guess would be around $6800 but we'll have to wait and see.

we are usually on the same page
I was guessing 7k for normal version
7500 for BS
8500 for BS with butter (is butter going to be an option on this one?)

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You can always just order the game 2 weeks later without joining the club. So what, you'll have a 6 month wait or so like all the other non-club members. Options for everyone!

So you are predicting 240 BS games sold? (24 weeks at 19 games per week)

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

If You join fang club then buy Rick and Marty pin in the fang club time line does that mean those will be built and shipped first?
Thanks.

Pretty sure that is the case

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope we don't see a bunch of spot flippers if it's profitable to do so.

Agreed. I think they could alleviate that and the speculation (which is bad for business) by just making spots transferable for $500. That should reduce the Kaneda types that constantly buy and resell spots. Also makes sales more real and saves spooky the time and effort of having to deal with transfers.

My local liquor store got sick of the flippers for rare bourbon and has installed a lottery for rare stuff but you are required to open and sample before you leave the store (prevents flipping of unopened bottles)

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Loving all this wad talk

Have you blown your wad Jay?

#1557 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That's funking stoopid.
What if the Bourbon is an investment... I mean; I'm not a drinker. But aren't wines bought on speculation? IE certain bottles are much more expensive if the "year" is good. By forcing the owner to "open" and "sample"... they just killed that market (if it's a market on bourbon).
Glad I'm not in that area.

nah, they believe that bourbon is for drinking (as do I)
bourbon is not like wine in any way in this manner.

What they have done is limit their buyer to those they care to have (i.e. locals that drink, rather than out of staters that flip)

When a company has a product in high demand but a price set by the supplier, then this seems like a great way to ensure you cater to your regulars that actually spend more money in your store.

#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

without attempting to derail this thread too much, I've been told that bourbon sales have actually been on the downtick in the last year+. speculators are easing up and the public should start seeing reasonable 2nd market prices for things like rip and pappy van winkle soon

Also, the makers have been able to adjust other stuff that was supposed to come out of barrel earlier once the boom started 6ish years ago.
The supply will start to get better. Hopefully this also means the demand from speculators continues to fall.

Quoted from screaminr:

That doesn't sound very American to me . If it's for sale whether you're a local or from interstate you should be allowed to buy it , drink it , flip it , or do whatever you want .

American is getting drunk on whiskey. That beats all aspects of free market economy.

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Everyone posting their order # from Spooky for their Fang Club purchase, it has zero to do with the game and or a line! Being a Fang Club member is like getting access to concert ticket pre sales. Doesn't get you in line, just gives you 14 days before the general public have access when they go sale. When they go on sale would be first come first serve.

I think people are posting more so to get an idea of how many fang club memberships have been sold.
That way they have an idea of hypothetical demand before we even see the game.

With 600+ memberships sold, I would guess the hype is more real than I realized.

Honestly a liitle nervous now that I see so many sold already.

#1992 4 years ago

Isn't there?
Luke... I NEED TO SEE YOU IN MY OFFICE!!!

I believe it is called Danesi’s Horseshoe?

#2515 4 years ago

Liking what I see!

#2587 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What's the deal with the exposed metal on the left side of the right ramp? Missing sleeve or something?
How does the right orbit work? looks like there's a little ball guide that can send the ball back to the upper right flipper?

That exposed metal appears to be a shot that triggers a captive ball

#2602 4 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I’m with you. I want to order BSE for the line spot but that armor and purple are hideous.

Really? I am not typically a colored armor person but think the BSE looks great!

#2739 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Now that Spooky has made toys on a spring cool, I can finally not be ashamed of my Tie Fighter on a spring .

Looks more like AFM saucer that a toy on a spring?

#2919 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

There is no good reason Spooky could not show a real gameplay video. If it’s because of Cartoon Network prohibition they could have shot a video of white wood and/or not shown the display and call outs. But at least I’d be able to see something about how it shoots.

I would love to have a 4hr Jack Danger stream, but I can completely understand why that is not an option in this case (License and needing to make things happen on their timing).

All said, I think the photos and promo video are more than enough to have a pretty good idea of how this thing shoots.
Count off the shots, visualize each one and where you would hit it from the flipper, watch the video 18 more times and pause it where needed to help visualize.
We see the whole package, shots and returns, and everyone should have a pretty solid idea on how this plays.

Sure, we all have a little bit of blind faith needed since we have not played it ourselves... but this is more than we get for many releases.

#2976 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

.... neither! ... I hope! Lol

obviously like neither!

Not similar in any way.

#2993 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks didn’t mean to say the layout was like one of those pins. Just that one pin has imminently makable shots (some harder than others). The other pin was called a brick fest. I’m buying without playing don’t want to get a pig in a poke if you ever heard that expression.
Thanks for reply and I love TNA hopefully RM is as great.

all shots look to be a variety of easy to hard based on width, flipper point of launch, and general geometry. I see some open shots and some tighter shots IMHO (guessing the end of flipper from upper r will take me a bit of time to find; like JP2 shot did)

#3011 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The left ramp and right feed to the upper flipper look really narrow. I thought alice cooper was an amazing achievement for Spooky, I just thought the shot tolerance was so narrow that it was hard to get into a rhythm to shoot multiple shots. I'm hoping Rick and Morty plays a little faster than Alice Cooper in that regard. As an example, a game like JP, there's the narrow right ramp and right orbit shot but the left T-rex shot is forgiving and a nice bailout. I felt like on Alice Cooper there was no bailout or otherwise forgiving shot.

Left ramp looks open to me (and a natural placement on flipper). It does look steep but hard to tell till I play.

The UR flipper feed appears narrow but still looks to be 1.25 -1.5 balls wide which is plenty. I am assuming the short plunge to upper right will be used when needed? Also, sounds like right orbit can divert as bail out?

#3021 4 years ago

F5, F5 F5!

#3079 4 years ago

I got in right away. Thanks work network connection!!!!

#3108 4 years ago

for those getting errors, just keep trying.

Their system is bogged down. Try and try again. If you are crashing, so are others with them in theri cart so that means they are still available.

#3113 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

How did you get a number before mine, when I finished with my order like 5 minutes ago LOL

carted probably held the number through check out.

#3332 4 years ago

all these order numbers mean very little/ nothing FWIW.

Once all the dust settles, Spooky will collate all the numbers , move BSE to the front, and then assign actual order/game numbers.

I mean an earlier order gets your game earlier, but keep in mind that they have to shuffle them all together and prioritize BSE.

#3338 4 years ago

agreed! It would be hard not to like this whole team!

So excited to finally get to be on the fun times train for a release! I have never had a licensed theme I have been excited for before this. Toss on the team that made this and I love it when a plan all comes together!

Congrats to Spooky and the whole design team!

#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It will be a hot seller the first 3-6 months of production or so... then things will fade slowly away...just to many new pins coming out that have potential to be amazing. Just not enough room and money to go around to sustain things.... u will be able to get things down the road for not blown up prices if you missed out today .

broken record status has been reached...

can we start a club thread now for those of us that want to talk about the game and not bashing what it is going to sell for later because... Keep the speculation in this thread and let's talk game stuff in the club thread.

#3645 4 years ago

Hey robin

Is this the quickest a thread has ever gone to 4k posts?

#3646 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You picked one hell of a morning to do this is all I can say.

what version did you get O?

#3686 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nimblenuts just woke my sorry ass up. I'm floundering trying to order a bloodsucker.

hurry the hell up and pick up the phone!

#3687 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I wonder if someone is holding off to try and get the very last one available

I assume the last goes to charity auction again at PBL

#3734 4 years ago

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

count (resized).JPGcount (resized).JPG
#3796 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Anyone else relieved that it sold out and now you don't have to worry about impulse buying it and explaining it to the wife?

nope!

Wife was all for this! Our xmas present to each other!!!!!

She is good looking, a Dr., and loves pinball!

(no, she does not have any sisters... sorry suckers)

#3879 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Tough choice...does Pinside want early code so they can complain about the code or wait for better code so they can complain about the wait?

I say just wait till Eric says it is good enough to show.

No real reason to just provide fodder to the haters.

Show us the game play once Jack can come do a proper stream.

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I hope they plan to use or offer some type of protector for the scoops because that middle one especially is gonna get eaten alive. Also does spooky offer playfield protectors?

Spooky scoops and PF are super solid. When I get a chance I’ll grab a photo of TNA #2 that has been on route since it came out and has thousands of plays.

#4028 4 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

someones already selling a spot for 50k! most likely satire , but you never know
Could only copy the link to the search since when I click on the sale it redirects me to my ebay app.
ebay.com link

If spooky wants to cancel the Dbags order, I will donate $100 to a charity of their choice.

#4077 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm sure he's getting his through Cointaker, they are his enabler.

I don’t think they are a spooky distributor?

#4082 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

People saying Pinside represents a minority when it comes to buying pinball machines are kidding themselves. This game proved that.

I would guess only 1/3 of these went to pinsiders?

#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Don't think they carry Spooky. Likely Pinball Star since Joe has been on his show.

In that case... Joe. Same offer
Cancel his order and I will donate $100 to your charity of choice

#4099 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Chris just called me! He said if they cancel your order he will donate $200! (true)

Lol

#4121 4 years ago

So looking forward to playing this!

#4283 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Diverter to direct the right orbit to the garage or loop it around at the upper flipper from across the playfield.
--Scott

is this a player controlled diverter?

please say it is!

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from Bitbuster:

I don‘t really see a problem with using a toy on playfield that‘s readily available. If it does the job why go through the (costly) lengths of doing the same thing as a custom toy? It would only drive the price of the machine up.
So I think it‘s actually a smart move by spooky. Saves us money and them money.

not to mention that using pre-made toys is common practice on games forever.

I am just glad the spaceship is AFM style (honestly a cool and simple mech) and that it appears decked out in lighting. I bet it feels pretty interactive (response even though ball does not hit it directly. I like those sort of toys.

#4378 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I may have missed it, but do we know when we get our official place in the queue?

I think they have to collate all the numbers, order to put BS people in front and standard in back, and then send out emails to let everyone know.

I would guess in the next few days (just a guess)

#4487 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ok, here's a topper idea. someone make it happen (and then give me royalties for every one sold
portal with a rotating swirling effect. in front it is one of those spinning LED fan-type displays with clips that play with rick & morty and various other show characters appearing to pop in/out and out of the portal

I think just a portal that spins and lights up. Then I wand a fan behind it that is facing away from you. Like an inverse wwind, so you can feel the portal sucking you in.

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

He is ogling her goodies

I would hope so. They are besties after all

#4701 4 years ago

The Anti-gravity Device (magnasave) works in a really cool old school way on this game. You charge the anti-gravity device using the captive ball (Flooble Crank Post). If you need to use the magnet to save a ball from the outlane, you can tap or hold the secondary button on the right side of the cabinet. The magnet will activate for as long as you hold it and as long as you have charge left. It is 100% time to charge based. You can conserve the charge by tapping, but if you get in a bad situation, you can press and hold and attempt to gain control and drop it down the inlane. This is my personal favorite way that magnasaves are implemented and I have not seen it done like this in a while. There is no exposed core, so pressing and holding is not a guarantee that you will save the ball. I usually just tap it away from the outlane and some of the time, it will flip back up and over the sling back into play.
Sorry for the lengthy responses.
--Scott

best kind of magna save!

#4826 4 years ago

It is not that hard to put it all together.

Some went to distributors, some went to spooky, some went to distributors, some went to spooky.

Your order number means very little other than a rough idea of when you will end up.

#4832 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Some orders were t shirt or just fang club is my guess.

Yup and some order were standards that get pushed back.

Guessing some orders were also asked to be pushed back.

Things move around when they shuffle it all together.

#4838 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If I was Charlie I’d lose my fucking mind reading all this crap.

Gotta keep in mind that some of these people were buying in just to flip and to do that they were shooting for first 100 games.

Sad reality of how this works for some in the hobby.

#4840 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Again, it's 50/50. 375 machines to distributors and 375 direct. If someone who was machine number 90 in the order direct from spooky, they should have #180 ish game number. Not 385?

What was your order number?

Guessing that some distributors got more games earlier in the cue (honestly makes sense)

#4854 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I don't care when it gets here.
I'm gettin' a fucking Rick and Morty Pinball machine!

Same! Been rewatching from the start of season 1 and getting more pumped. Guess I will rewatch multiple times before my own game but that is cool.

#4865 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Ok...please tell us how we're misinterpreting these numbers?
1791 121
1792 122
1875 362
1882 369
1886 373
1910 393
1912 395
1977 476
1982 458
1986 461
2018 488

You are not misinterpreting. Just seems like you were looking for something to get frustrated with imho.

It seems lots of early games are going to distributors? Makes sense to have and build that relationship for all involved IME

#4877 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Right it's like 100 games, 50 direct, then anther 100 games, and then more direct. When you are getting a game 3-5 months later than what you had expected, people have a right to be upset.

I think it is a matter of setting bad expectations for ourselves in that case.

Totally get being hopeful for an earlier game, but we all ordered And rolled the dice for when we would get in.

#4906 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So, you go to a theme park or line up outside a store for that new iphone, and suddenly they decide for some reason, that they are going to start from the middle of the line instead of the front.

I guess I thought of it more like a concert on sale. There were 1000 people trying for 750 seats to a special show. Once I got my order number I was put in a cue and pumped that I was in the door for the show. Then my tickets showed up and I know where I will sit.

If I don’t like my seat then I could sell it or try to buy a closer one.

In my case, I had an early number in line (got lucky on work CPU that is lightning quick), but I want to sit in a specific spot further back ( for my own reasons).

Just different expectations I guess

#4931 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Honestly, this reads like it is very stressful for you. I would just bail while you can.... We are talking about an expensive toy. These aren't kidneys or water bottles after a hurricane.
I am not sure what there is to figure out- You place an order, the company sends you an ETA for your order.... seems pretty upfront to me.

Whiskey shit! I agree with Tim!

That is telling. Anyone this stressed already should probably just sell their spot.

This is going to be a long ride for anyone freaking out this much at this stage.

This is supposed to be the “pumped I am in” stage still.

#4944 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

ok this is super useful...
so order 1818 is 143...
order 1827......is 262
they did 100 offline orders inbetween those 9 online orders....

With 5? Distributors that seems to make sense to me.

I think it is time for a beer and a deep breath now?

#4964 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Do you not understand that this makes even less sense, not more. Look at the order # vs game # list. There are no multiples or very little, or they would be further spread apart....the numbers do not lie here

Wtf?

Dude, just go list your game for sale. Somebody needs to be the first to do it.

If you put it up for sale at cost right now then you can probably get out quickly.

Edit: Luke said he would take care of your cancelation. Please take him up on the offer.

#4970 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Don't take this wrong way I'm not trying to be offensive here, just looking for an honest explanation as the one you've given just doesn't make any sense. If you're saying we're just lying about the numbers and shut up and take it that's totally fine but let's be reasonable here....the numbers don't lie.

He is being beyond reasonable and offering you a refund right now on a non-refundable deposit. I would not wait it out.

Everyone else seems to get it. Go get a beer. This is way to much stress for a pinball

#5167 4 years ago

Anyone playing pinball tonight? 36 people at the local monthly tourney tonight.

Big Rick and Morty launch party will be happening once our MADISON Pinball game arrives ( hoping for January)
2F49254F-CAEB-4213-9FEB-6BA2C142476A (resized).jpeg2F49254F-CAEB-4213-9FEB-6BA2C142476A (resized).jpeg

#5169 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, but I'm stuck at home with the usual assortment of crappy old games.

Still waiting for my invite!

#5172 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Did Santa not make it out tonight? He was out last night!
Big Rick and Morty launch party will be happening once our CRAFT BEER PINBALL LEAGUE game arrives ( hoping for January)
[quoted image]

Have not seen Santa. Granted there are so many people here it would be hard to tell.

#5188 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Whysnow May need to take a trip up to Madison at some point if I don't find a RaM in the Chicago area. Otherwise it's June 2021 for me!
I hope there will be one or two at MGC, though I don't know that Spooky will have incentive to bring one being they're all sold out, but maybe an owner will bring one.

Would love to see you! Lmk when you are coming. Maybe come for the launch party.

#5191 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

If you think some people are upset now, wait until they hear/remember some of the distributors game #s. Lol

Who is the jerry that scammed their way to getting #1? We should probably squanch him.

#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

We should decide on a name here for when it can become official.

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub seems obvious

#5306 4 years ago

so looking fwd to the Danesi Horseshoe!

#5379 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I think next time Spooky should put an agreement that if you sell your spot within a month or two or whatever time frame after reserving that you forfeit your spot. Then can have a process of a waiting list where they could refund a deposit and give it to the next interested party. People that bought this just to flip are tool bags.

this is actually a GREAT idea!

Spooky sold you a game number. I see real benefits of making it very simple. You have game #50 and opt to sell it, then cool. You want to transfer ownership of that game pre-delivery then the new person will have the 750th game made. Everyone else moves forward one spot in the cue.

If you want to take delivery and then sell your physical game, then so be it.

Pretty obvious a few people looked at this like a $1500 investment which they think they can flip for double because they got an early game.

#5395 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I still want to know who has game #420.
It has relevance if you are from Colorado.
I'd be willing to throw a little money towards swapping for my #427 spot.

sorry... ain't swapping

Will be bolted on the floor next to TNA #420

#5435 4 years ago

the waves of pure excitement for this game are so amazing!!!

#5455 4 years ago

Hey Mod team.

What would it take to get these ads for presale spots correctly categorized as NOT being a game?

I noticed with acnc that they are used in the Pinside algorithm for calculating avg sales price. It makes for shitty data

#5530 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Starting to think about what game should be in my cabin at Dory Hill alongside Rick and Morty. Doctor Who? TNA? Would still love to find a good Time Fantasy. Other ideas?

TNA for sure! A designer themed cabin is always a great idea!

#5534 4 years ago

ran to Pinball Life yesterday to grab the first batch of parts

wooohooo

#5587 4 years ago

I can’t remember who but I promised a picture of TNA #2 to show scoop quality of pf for spooky games.

This game likely has more play than almost any TNA given how long it has been on route and constant play.

You can see just the slightest amount of wear starting. This is impressive compared to any other game.

8B3BBD68-FC69-4D16-8296-B88392383BD6 (resized).jpeg8B3BBD68-FC69-4D16-8296-B88392383BD6 (resized).jpeg
#5735 4 years ago

R&M it is! '

That is good, because I was going to start using lllMB
'lick lick lick my balls'

#5907 4 years ago

Thinking of you and good luck!

#5941 4 years ago

Merry Rickmas beeotches!

#5953 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Isn’t the Danesi lock 2.0/space ship/scoop a major toy...on top of that, the Danesi 2.0 is pretty revolutionary. Nothing like it in pinball that I know of.

Yeah. Huge toy, interacts with balls, multiple active locks.

He is just trolling

#5958 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I like the ramp lowering in Stranger Things and hitting the ball into the Demogorgon.
I like hitting the draw bridge in MM and it lowering to destroy the castle.
Again just a major thing that is the main focus in a game.

Like a horseshoe triple ball lock mech that can juggle balls around, open up, deflect balls, has two controlled drop targets, and presumably an AFM type space ship that shakes along with all this?

As for stranger things, I gotta be honest. That toy pretty much blows. The big wide panel opens to be a ramp to blast balls all over the place, the toy is very tough to get a ball in it, and currently it does nothing. No interaction, no shaking, just a hole.

As far as toys go, it is pretty lame.

#6423 4 years ago

Same and super excited to play this.

Luke, how about and update?

You building games this week or waiting on final sign offs from licensing?

#6426 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I hope that or that they are spending time over the holidays relaxing with friends and family.

Holiday is over

Get to work if you want them cheese balls!

(Says the guy that has been partying in NYC for a long weekend, lol)

#6436 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Just to add to the request for order numbers...
I am 87 and that was through Zach @ Flip N Out.

When did he become a distributor?

Saw that GAP is claiming to be one now also?

#6509 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You got it! Keep it cool and just be glad that:
1 - We have a F*cking R&M machine (seriously, HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?)
2 - You're in on one
3 - You've got one of the best teams/companies in pinball building it
There are people that aren't in on one and would be happy to have the last spot in line. I count my blessing when I get them.

I am so flipping excited!

#6642 4 years ago

Final payment mailed.

Things are getting closer.

A3B2F1F4-C7B9-4254-8A10-EFC4D89C5C04 (resized).jpegA3B2F1F4-C7B9-4254-8A10-EFC4D89C5C04 (resized).jpeg
#6678 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Paying with a check instead of a CC puts a little extra cash in Spooky's coffers. It's basically like handing them an extra $100.

correct and why I always pay them with a check.

As for person asking about add-on list; I dont have it handy but am sure luke or someone from team spooky could post it.

#6688 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

if someone REALLY wants my spot

don't worry... they dont

If they did, it would be sold already. Then again, when games in the early 100s have sold for 1k premium over deposit... do you really expect to get anything extra for a spot that is more than 1/2 year out at best?

For anyone shopping, there are distributors with spots still available for no premium.

#6751 4 years ago

Can we normalize masterbation in 2020?

Serious. Everyone does it. No reason to shelter the kids from it.

#6759 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It was normal for me in the 60's.

hoping it did not stop back then

I hear after 70, just dust comes out.

#6804 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you’re buying this pin, you’re not concerned that ACNC has so many serious problems that have yet to be resolved by Spooky?
Sure, this is your dream theme, but so was Alice Cooper for those buyers. Now they’re stuck with a game that constantly resets due to memory leaks and many issues with the mechs. I have two friends with ACNC and no way I was going to even think about buying Rick and Morty until I saw Spooky could finish their prior game.

Not concerned since you are a known troll and hater. Vast majority of TNA and ACNC appear to be very stoked on the games. Spooky build quality from TNA onward is the best in the business.

Memory leak issue is a code/proc thing and they have beefed up CPU to help deal with that. In my experience, It only happens when you leave your game on for days at a time. Just power off the game once in a while. Problem solved.

#6859 4 years ago

Just a clarification on this. The memory leak is not a Multimorphic P3-ROC issue. It is a software issue on the PC. This issue is being worked on for ACNC as we speak (I have seen the new code) and this has been proactively addressed for R&M and will not be an issue there. The reason we put a larger computer in it was to handle the vast amounts of HD video that are going in this thing. We wanted more RAM, more CPU, and a better video processor. The PC that we are using is also made from off the shelf parts, which I am a huge advocate of.
--Scott

thanks for clarity. Someone much smarter than I explained it as a software/code/proc/cpu combined issue and that there were many ways to attack it.
They said the new/better/bigger CPU would take care of it.

Glad to hear it is software and being fixed. That is better than hardware!

#6974 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Do the recent spooky games have an optional headphone jack with volume control on the coin door?

Scott,

Is this an option on R&M?

I would for sure use this rather than installing a DBV on route. So people can hear all the great call outs.

#6983 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Never thought about using headphones while playing. I like it loud and proud.

could be nice for route where you want to hear a specific pin over others

#7051 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's easy to swap a $10 fan into the power supply. I did it on my TNA. With that said, I think the volume of the fan is a bit over exaggerated. I would do it again on R&M, but it's not a must do.

agree completely.

That said, it sounds like some are super bothered by it. Sounds like an easy upsell option
Spooky could likely make another $100 for "quieter fan", but then again you would have people then busting out the decibel meter and complaining that their new quiet fan was 3db louder than it should be.

#7069 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Is this confirmation that they are not being built in number order?

Stop being a Jerry.

#7089 4 years ago

So, yes, some numbers are not in order? Cool, solves a lot of problems.
I was just curious, never had a beef with any of this non-issue, perfectly happy with my number all along.
It's all good. Now, are you gonna keep hating this playa or are you gonna jack my steez?

No Jerry. I bought two games.

Paid in full for the one that will be going on route right away (like I always do, to allow others to play it, get exposure for Spooky, and help provide feedback from initial run so everyone else gets and even better game).

My personal game for home won’t be built for another 42 weeks.

#7106 4 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

I was looking at the images of the playfield and was wondering if it is the final release.

We have not seen a production machine yet

#7142 4 years ago

Test playing the prototype R&M![quoted image]

good to see this one comes with a door latch!

I was afraid it was going to be cut in BOM.

#7184 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hope that doesn’t start causing some weird IP issues and ownership disputes over characters and other things. Death of co-founders frequently leads to legal issues over IP that can be problematic to say the least.

this was months ago...

pretty sure it is a non-issue.

#7187 4 years ago

all the lawyers showed up now...

When can we start the club thread?

#7228 4 years ago

I hope this is a call out for some sort of seed frenzy collection mode.

'You're young, you have your whole life ahead of you, and your anal cavity is still taut yet malleable.'

#7371 4 years ago

So here's one row on the production floor... of 5 different game assembly rows, all in various stages. Here's also what it starts to look like when the office corner of the shop gets buried in 750 Fang Club membership kits! I swear the wife, daughter, and Sally the dog are in there somewhere.
That help clear up any deep overly analyzed mysteries of how we do all this? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

ummm

now show us that new coin door option... (sexy!)

#7441 4 years ago

It is made out of thick 304 stainless steel infused with megaseed oil and countersunk into the playfield so it goes nowhere near the clearcoat.

does it go all the way through the playfield/ nutted on the bottom?

in other words, if it takes a beating over time, would it be simple to replace?

#7509 4 years ago

I was under the impression that Spooky may be working on a headphone adapter for their games?

#7604 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This is awesome. I was going to summarize the podcast but slapsave deserves your click for this one. Tons of great new stuff to learn here.

If you can summarize, it is appreciated.

#7606 4 years ago

Thx. Will listen if I get some down time

#7630 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't hedge my bets on promises like this. I know they probably mean it right now, but it rarely works out that way.

Quoted from bemmett:

I don't want to be Mr. Poopy Butthole here but might temper those expectations, there's been 1 major code update on Alice Cooper in basically 10 months. I don't think we can expect code roll outs every couple of months. Here's to hoping it is more frequent though.

When Scott and Eric say something... it will happen.

#7712 4 years ago

So the ONLY games that wont get topper are for the people that flipped them?

LOL, that is classic!

#7815 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Regarding updates, not saying modes/adventures will be added but how cool would it be if it was to happen? This type of theme not like a movie or a arc story TV show which has an ending like Breaking Bad for example. But with R&M every show is a different adventure and could be some iconic moment in the future episodes like think of Seinfeld some of the best episodes (Shrinkage, Soup Nazi, Puffy Shirt etc..) take place in season 5-8. For sure there will be some signature moments on R&M in the coming seasons.

my guess is that is why many of the inserts have no text. Will make it possible to get updates for many seasons to come.

#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why would it be? It’s just common R&M art.

Because it would be a kick ass topper!

Portal in the background with lights and maybe a spinning layer? Sounds frolicking great to me Morty!

#7940 4 years ago

The Spooky coin door option (with DBV slot) is the standard style like pictured/ you are use to.

If you plan to use a headphone jack set up, then I suggest selecting the DBV door upgrade when the time comes for your R&M.

#7953 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

If you want a dba on a pin,thats gonna be routed,why would you want a headphone mod on it??Unless its going in a Hospital or a assisted living facility!!!???

I can see it would be nice to have headphone jack on route so people can hear the game in a loud bar

granted you wont be able to use the DBV slot for both things at once

#7989 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The non-bill doors definitely look better, but for the option of having a spot to install the headphone jack and volume control, it is a sacrifice that I will have to make as I would rather have that than centered coin slots. Now just waiting for confirmation from Pinovators that they are designing the Spooky compatible system to fit in that spot.

funny, I much prefer the DBV style! Looks way more appealing to me.

#8046 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Shows what you know, while people are spending hundreds on invisiglass, I have a crystal clear view of the playfield!

Genius Morty. Gg g guy is a genius!

#8353 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It’s cool, be chill.
I saw the poster and was expecting something a bit more “hang worthy”, that’s all.

Enough with your damn trolling.

#8416 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You hear any updates on your games status?

As I understand it, the first batch is being completed. Then a few weeks of QC.

Hoping for soon.

I am guessing that they also have some obligations to adult swim and want to do a stream reveal.

Patiently excited and waiting. Guessing a few weeks.

#8444 4 years ago

Pretty sure someone said that Spooky is doing stuff w Adult Swim in the next few weeks.

I would guess that Adult Swim will be controlling first public viewing and final sign offs.

I would stay patient for a few more weeks
Let's be thankful that AdultSwim is so involved! Great thing!

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Sorry I thought I had my location on!
Lake Zurich, IL
I think Scott Denesi lives nearby...
Maybe he will invite me over.

Madison is not too far.

Our route game will be going out as soon at we get the call.
In the first batch.

#8466 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That guy doesn't have one yet.

says the only guy with one currently LOL!

#8563 4 years ago

no, it just means that the numbers were pre-assigned to distributors and some of us have lower numbers for the standards. That doesn't mean that they will be built before the Blood Suckers, just that the game number is lower.
Hope that makes sense.

makes complete sense. Is there a final # of BSE?

#8587 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

If we’re bartering our inches away, I’m in!

ohhhh

I'll take a few inches form you J

#8626 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Maybe you guys can fuck

we all thought it. Love you banger for pointing it out publicly.

LOFL

#8645 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

God knows we aren't seeing anything game related for months

I will take that bet.

If we see game related info in the next 30 days (game play, stream, etc...) then you stay out of all Rick and Morty threads for good.
If we dont see game related info in the next 30 days (game play, stream, etc...) then I will go on your favorite podcasters show.

deal?

I am even down grading your 'months' to the bare minimum of 30 days.

#8674 4 years ago

really good interview

if you have not watched, then do

#8748 4 years ago

Toppers are all the rage, but now since Spooky has provided a free one, we better start coming up with Bottomers.

I think the wife may enjoy a real plumbus.

CES award winner, so it must be good.
https://loradicarlo.com/

#8785 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Damn.... This guy in the comments [quoted image]

Funny part is that dumbass does not realize that many huge IP licenses Stern does, have sold far less than 750 machines.

Beatles would be a prime example

#8863 4 years ago

Wow, found this gem in a 5 year old thread. Funny how things work out sometimes!

you neglected to quote the hint for the next title...

Quoted from epthegeek:

Futurama would be awesome too, though.

#8868 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

hell would I be talking about the one after that? heh.

like you are incapable of traveling through a dimension portal or bending time...

#8909 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Ok, 40 acres outside lake Geneva, 9 acres each, 4 acres set aside for our personal ymca, only man on man stuff if you leave your sandals outside the sauna

Wrong thread?

But I am in!

#8916 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

He's not underrated in this game. He gets his very own Noob Noob insert! Its unlabeled so who knows what it will be used for.[quoted image]

LOL. Just realized that he is over the target that is going to get hit by all of us noobs as be miss from the upper flipper. ah hhahahahhaha

#8997 4 years ago

Working out logistics for official launch party on Saturday Feb 29th in Madison.

Getting all the people committed and working on details.

Likely a charity event.

Mark your calendar if you wanna come.

Noon-4 ish. More specifics once this settle in.

#9025 4 years ago

Since the coin door powder is leaked, hoping this is fine to share.

Don’t kill me squirrel

68622070-9C87-4090-99E1-9D337AFE379F (resized).jpeg68622070-9C87-4090-99E1-9D337AFE379F (resized).jpeg
#9130 4 years ago

Thinks he is a funny guy

EA4D798B-7E9C-4261-AF41-AA5FEE695243 (resized).jpegEA4D798B-7E9C-4261-AF41-AA5FEE695243 (resized).jpeg
#9168 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Don't worry people, I only peed on Hilton's

Lol. That was not mine. I have the purple door.

#9255 4 years ago

my guess/impression is still that Bowen/Spooky/Etc will be the first to stream the game and that it could be a little while as they obviously want to have the code in a good spot before putting it out there.

They are obviously cranking to get things built and sounds like at least 20 done.
With them being boxed up, then the next round of builds likely start on Monday.

For those looking to start the timer on build predict-o-meter, then Mark Sat Feb 1st as day 1. Spooky has their shit together and I bet they hold tight with the first 20 out the door for a little while to get feedback. Then then ALWAYS improve and tweak. By batch 3, then things will be humming along and your predicted pace will be pretty accurate by then.

#9258 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

If a Customer is recieving their game today (among others) then Some kind of production gameplay video will not be far away at all. Might be Jack playing sombodies game, could be some other more amaturish video. Whichever way, if Spooky want to do the first production gameplay video to be released... well they had better get their skates on!

Are customers receiving games today?

Honestly I have been slammed all week and barely paying attention so just skimmed to catch up.

#9323 4 years ago

does adult swim have any streamers?

I wonder if they may be doing something.

I keep hoping that 2 things are going on:

1. Spooky is getting code polished and 40+ games ready so a ton can all go out on routes for the public to play.
2. AdultSwim has something cool planned. Maybe a celebration of the game? A mention on the show? something like that

I see that Adult Swim has a twitch stream channel but I dont see any archived content.

#9352 4 years ago

A M A Z A BALLS!

#9373 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

FRIDAY!!!
Does anyone know when the Spooky team was supposed to drive down to Atlanta and see Adult Swim? They said on their podcast they were going through a last few approvals.

My guess is Thursday at Adult Swim.

Fingers crossed that means they get a thumbs up and we see a massive blast out of 30+ games!!!

Man I am getting excited Morty!

#9377 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I realize it is now February and no games shipped? Guessing my rough estimate of Christmas is probably incorrect. Most likely looking at Q1 2021.

What number are you?

Keep in mind that at least 20 are already built (probably another 10 this week).

The way Spooky works typically is the first 20-40 get out to early adopters. They then all help provide feedback and improve things before 41+ start going out.

So usually a small pause and then things really start cranking.

#9382 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I agree the Rick and Morty Superbowl ad didn't hurt this game at all but didn't help either unless Spooky plans to announce another 250 games. I'll make a superbowl prediction... an announcement will happen at some point 250 more games.
What is the line on that? 2 1/2 to 1 maybe?

I will take your bet.

Easy money.
Spooky stands behind their word!

How much would you like to wager?

#9625 4 years ago

This game is fucking amazing.

One Screw Turn, Two Screw Turns, Spooky... hurry up and make these so I can play it!

Nice job already team Spooky!

Scott, your sophomore effort is a grand slam dunk touchdown!
Audio is killer
Programming already looking really good Eric!
Light show is WTF WOW!
David's animation integration is the industry standard once again! Seriously!

#9741 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

personally really like TNA, but it did not earn

to clarify... it did not earn well in THAT location.

with ~100 of them still on route currently... it appears that your location is the anomaly?

Did you try it at multiple places?

Also, it could be the entire city of STL that was the problem. They drink busch lite and are not the smartest... TNA is a bit higher tier.

#9780 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Scott already created the club. It's locked until games ship. Time to unlock it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club

Sounds like technically the first game ships today (to adult swim?). Time to open the club

#9800 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No. Your options are: Post pass to the left, or shoot the left ramp, which feeds the upper right.

Or back hand the feed next to right ramp, that brings ball to upper right flipper.
or tap pass to left flipper and hit right orbit

#9802 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Or fire it at the pop like a man and hit the rebound on the fly.

oh yeah!!!!!

#9813 4 years ago

Life is busy and I am unlikely to live watch today. Can someone PLEASE capture and upload?

#10034 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I just watched the SMB show on the Adult Swim web channel. Interesting and Revelatory to say the least. Lets just say that THEME is the ONLY reason the game will fetch 7k or 8k, depending on whatever optioned out version any customer will buy of this game. If this were a non licensed theme (ie America's Most Haunted), this game would NEVER sell 200 units, let alone 750 in 4 hours before a full reveal. I suppose this is old news, but actually seeing the game in action is today's topic, so.........
This game is cool because of theme and integration ONLY. Why? Ask yourself "What does this game have to offer on the playfield which is valuable, unique, or engaging and interactive to the player?"
1. a pop bumper sling shot: Cool idea, but far from original, novel, or significant value added to the game
2. Magna Save: again, a cool idea, but NOTHING new
3. Single Subway (garage to portal eject over left flipper): another cool idea, but NOT new
4. two ramps (plastic, if i remember correctly). the ramps do very little "traveling" or curving, so its kind of Gomez-like in the return to flipper.
5. three flippers (extra 45 bucks for the third flipper, if not less)
6. space ship toy (Kerins said that this was "off the shelf", meaning it was not new for this game, which makes it significantly cheaper than designing and manufacturing a new specific toy for this game only). The toy is on a SPRING (See SW)
7. Horseshoe lock mech. THIS is the thing which seems sort of novel, but certainly not a significant addition mechanically, aesthetically, or otherwise. I will say that the physical lock is pretty dang cool, and I'm glad they got it working well.
8. Scoop in the MIDDLE of the PF. another awkward position for a scoop, like TNA
Considering the foregoing, it is readily apparent that the playfield design is neither exciting, nor novel. There is nothing unique, unconventional, or otherwise ground braking about the design, ball path, or mechs in this game, to say nothing about the true value of any part of it or the sum of its parts. I am disappointed in the layout, and the lack of real mechs or interactive toys on this game. Scott Danesi came on this forum and explained that he wasn't worried about the lack of toys on the game because Modders would come out with stuff we could buy. I respect his honesty, but that does not excuse Spooky from being willfully cheap and refusing to implement creative and value adding mechanical devices to the game. Danesi went on to brag about having 16 opto switches in the game. WOWEEEEE!!! SWITCHES!!!!! that's what we all want more of to make our experience so much more enjoyable!!!! (sarcasm) Why not just include a bag of opto switches for us to play with when we cant be home to play our pinball games?
I really love this show, so i was hoping for more. I am bummed. I have heard it over and over that this playfield is conventional and uninspired, not to mention bereft of any real mechanical, interactive devices to affect gameplay and the ball path. I really wanted this to be Spooky's STEP UP in game design. It is not. It is, however, a fantastic theme integration that they have done. I can't wait to see the screen and hear the callouts. But, we all know, we can just buy seasons one through four to see the show and hear Rick's banter. we don't need to spend 8000 dollars to see the show and hear Rick scream at Morty.
I will hand it to spooky for getting this awesome license, but alas, perhaps the license was too expensive to allow them to really give the customers a robust playfield with more to do and engage.
I don't mean to be a thorn in this thread; i just wanted to share my true reaction. I think any buyer will be thrilled to have this game for their own reasons. My reasons for buying a pinball are at least 65-75% layout and design, which includes what I have discussed is missing in this game. The remainder is a hodge podge of art, theme, and sound. I hope the future owners of this game have a great experience from what the game has to offer. I just know that unless that Playfield gets an overhaul, I am not going to be owning one any time soon.
Best Regards,
The one and only BOSS HOG

you are the Jerriest of all the Jerrys! Congrats, the weekend has not even started and you win!

Pretty obvious from your diatribe that you actually really want this game and are hoping to sway public opinion to find a spot.
Good luck in your hunt Jerry, I hope you find what you are looking for.

#10037 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Menifee, CA......Hello greenhornet

if not greenhornet... then that city needs to get its water supply checked. Bad case of assholics seems to be taking over there.
I hope they can get it under control Morty.

#10063 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

She said the 3 skills were shot accuracy, ball control, and tilting (according to my terrible memory).
When I first started playing pinball I thought tilting was the pinball definition for nudging, so maybe that's what she meant, and that would make sense. Gotta give her the benefit of the doubt.
She did her best to show off the game to non-pinheads and I think it was a success. We need more younger people in the game in order for it to grow. I'm nearly 40 and I'm one of the younger people to play pinball.

Adult Swim did a great job!

Anyone that was not laughing their asses off for the pinball segment, needs to lighten up and remember this is supposed to be fun.

I had quite a few LOL moments during it. Host did a great job and it was entertaining.

#10187 4 years ago

So my guess on “when do we see the first pinhead stream”...

The game yesterday was likely part of the contract for AS so they can review all video and sound and voice content. Now that they have a game, Eric will be able to feed them code updates and they will approve. Rinse and repeat.

My guess is final approvals in 1 week. With any luck, we see a stream 1 week from today?

That should also correspond with likely the first 40 games built.

In other words, I think this is the calm before the real fun begins!

#10431 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Are any of this batch going to make it to operators or non-insiders? Wondering when we might get some street action

#2 (Madison Pinball) and #12 (other hobby operator in town) will be on route as soon as Spooky is able to give the thumbs up for pick up, so there will be 2 out in Madison in the near future.

Guessing there are at least 2 others in the region that will go out quickly (Logan in Chi) and (Tilt in MN) but that is just a guess.

I am thinking with 40 games soon to be ready, there will be tons of opportunity to play for anyone willing to travel a couple hours at most.

#10513 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

GAP isn't a Spooky Distributor. He just bought some games to resell. That's why he can get away with asking more than MSRP.

I actually believe he is* (hopefully was) a distributor.

Spooky is smart and pays attention. GAP hopefully just screwed himself on not only selling Spooky in the future, but also hurts himself on other sales. This sort of distributor flipping usually comes back to bite people in the butt.

#10514 4 years ago

If we don’t get one in Chicago I might drive up to Madison! That’s only a couple hours from me.
LMK when you are getting yours!

Saturday Feb 29th is the official launch Party!

Come on up! Scott will be there along with team Spooky. hoping to entice big red to trek over for the fun also!

#10536 4 years ago

Sweet! I will be there!
Please let me know when you guys get it.

I would love to attend the launch party!
My youngest son has regionals that day but I suspect this launch party will be in the evening? So I should be able to go if that’s the case.
Can you let me know the time?

Noon or 1pm start

Will likely run qualifying for a few hours so people can hang out and chat w team spooky while having a pint and playing.

Then some sort of playoff.

All for fun and all $ for the day will go to charity (likely the local animal humane society or shelter; still confirming)

#10552 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

What time and where? Or where can I find this info if it changes again.

Follow MADISON pinball on Facebook

We update the website also, but fbook is main line of communication for MP

#10556 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Going to try and make it , is the location Alt brew or somewhere else?

IO Arcade bar.
720 Williamson St
madison

barcade in Madison. 12 pins, 30+ arcades , full bar, 30+ taps that are always rotating, and full bar. Pretty amazing spot!

#10558 4 years ago

Oops. Said full bar twice. Guess I need a drink.

Glad you are planning to come Doug!

Can we get you to do the awards ceremony and hand out high fives?

#10562 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Local Madison brews on tap ?

Yes

wide variety of local, regional, and special stuff

Always something new and fun to try. Beyond pinball and games, this place has got it rocking when it comes to beer selection.

Granted the pinball selection is pretty top notch also

#10567 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

The pins at IO are fantastic. And heavily played, so you may want to plan your visit around busy bar times for 20-30-somethings!

Launch party will be earlier which means the bar should be a majority of our space/ pinheads there for the occasion.

IO tends to be busy after 8pm on Saturdays. We will be done long before then

#10574 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's only a lazy 10,500 thousand ks and a 20 hour flight from here but it would be worth it

do it!

#10577 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

anyone know what the kruzman clearcoat option costs?[quoted image]

ron does amazing work, but completely not needed on Spooky Pfs.

#10607 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Spooky’s Playfields are not magically better than any other.

no magic; they are simply better.

Hard work, dedication to get it right, and willingness to own it and improve seem to be key.

Sorry Rock, but Spooky PFs are the industry standard and continue to get even better.

#10685 4 years ago

When does the club thread open?

#10688 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Saturday at noon?

I like how you think!

#10696 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I expect as soon as you open up your game!

I will be putting game #2 on route as soon as I get the call from team Spooky!

Based on Eric's comment, I hope that call comes soon

#10704 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Would you let us know when you hear? I've got #34 coming for HUO and I would love a heads up when you get yours if possible

I am guessing Spooky will be posting once games are officially heading out the door.

I also expect that the first 40 are going to hit the streets in a very short time frame.
Anyone picking up will likely be grabbing as soon as they get word.
Anyone shipping will likely see a whole trailer head out from Benton shortly after.

I always remind people that they should then expect a short pause.

Spooky wisely slows the build pace while those in the first batch (es) provide real world feedback.

Then things will really start to crank!

#10706 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Your response just made me all tingly. So excited for this pin.
I cant describe how lucky I feel being new to pinball and being fortunate enough to bet all my pin dollars on a company like Spooky.
Thanks for the response!

Please take my words as someone that is outside of Spooky, but have been supporting and observing from the start.
I only share what I see and assumptions i make from the past experiences.

I also really like how Spooky runs through the whole process of create, build, take feedback, further improve, etc...
They have a very nice system down and it seems to work really well for both them and customers.

Early adopters (first batches) hopefully go to good people that are understanding that we are kind of part of the machine. Small adjustments, competent feedback, and a positive attitude in exchange for getting that early game is value added for the whole thing.

#10738 4 years ago

Looks like the club thread can open around 9am on Saturday morning...

#10770 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Maybe if Spooky was a threat but 750 games over a few years is a drop the bucket for Stern. Nothing against Spooky and their business model works excellent for them and will keep them full over the next few years.

I only comment since the club thread will be opening in less than 24hrs and this one can go full dumpster fire if needed

you are joking, right?

Stranger Things has sold <300 pros and <200 Premium/LEs from what I have been told.
The public tracked sites seem to corroborate that.

The pinball market is getting crowded, secondary prices are dropping big time on Stern resales, and they are still having major PR and QC issues.
5.6mil+ in sales is a huge dent in the overall pinball market. Talk to any distributor and they will tell you that last year models are sitting and new Sterns are awful (further evidenced by yet another ironman reboot and Stern distributors like GAP looking for additional $$$ by getting in and then flipping their allotment for a premium)

Stern pays close attention to all that is happening and they correctly understand that all other manufacturers are in the same space as them.

#10790 4 years ago

So, there you go people.
Rather than spend money to get an earlier spot, buy butter and you will get it earlier.
And help Spooky.
Win, win.

or get in later... they did not say they will build in based on the first one in the butter sequence.

#10803 4 years ago

I have been asked a bunch so posting here for all that are interested.

R&M #2 will be available for all to play immediately following the world premier stream on Saturday.
Location is IO Arcade Bar in Madison (720 Williamson St).
12 pins plus 30+ regional and local beers plus 30+ classic arcades.

Stream will likely be around 2 hours (I think that is normal for a game release?).
Jack and Spooky have some guests coming it sounds like and should be a fun stream.

I am hoping Scott and Eric can make it. Team Spooky are obviously pretty busy currently so unsure what may unfold.

Man I am pumped to play this game!

#10823 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

eh no you aren't listening and you don't understand. My ass isn't chapped on that. I got a new play field I'm happy!
What I'm not going to stand back and watch folks be told a story that isn't true, whether its play fields or anything else.
I intervene all the time_ to avoid people being ripped off, I'm helped setup a company here that helps people when they've been ripped off, talk to me in the bar if you want to know more, or don't I promise my ass won't be chapped!
Regards,
Neil.

They told you... It is the truth. Less than 100

They are not going to give you exact game #s and they should not be expected to.
They have been clear that is was a small portion of the total run, admitted the issue and corrected it... It you expect any more, you are frankly off your rocker.

Why berate the best customer service in the business. Please go take this up with Stern. They have given us nothing for data and claim it is all fixed but it is not.

#10856 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

"If" ... are you new to the internet, Frank?

You mean. IF you are new to Jays house

#10863 4 years ago

Stream starts at noon central

#10876 4 years ago

Stream is still ON.

I did not wake up this early for nothing on my one day off.

Quoted from razorsedge:

I have a hunch it may be something to do with the location being revealed ahead of time, if it is cancelled.
Imagine a couple of thousand RaM and/or pinball fans just showing up ... ?
There will still be a stream at some point, of course.

This is at a Bar arcade. No concerns with people showing up; I assume people know and understand that the game won’t be available for public play till after the stream is done.

#10894 4 years ago

So excited!

#10903 4 years ago

Getting set up

694CEF7D-3EB3-4D1B-86C2-78D2E610532F (resized).jpeg694CEF7D-3EB3-4D1B-86C2-78D2E610532F (resized).jpeg
#10960 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddict78:

You must be watching a different game than me. Here goes the glass again. You stern crappers need to take a look at what you are touting as the best 8,500 spent on a pinball in history. Put a different name to this game and you would not have any interest.

to be completely transparent

There were a few various code bugs in this BETA code. They will be squantched tonight and Eric will likely have me new code on Sunday to load.

For physical things, the glass came off due to stuck balls on a switch up on top right of pf that was sitting slightly proud. Post stream I bent it down in 3 seconds and all good. During stream I could not lift pf easily with all the camera and stream gear so we left it be.

The ball launch going past skill shot was the launch wireform. Again, 2 seconds and bent it down a notch and all good. Minor tweak.

The shots are all great. Appropriately make-able and correctly challenging. Trust me; just go play the game and it is a blast!
That upper inner orbit w spinner is butter when you hit is right. It is natural to go for the sweet spot on the flipper and noob noob it. once you find it, it screams. post stream I adjusted one inner orbit ball guide and the shot screams even more!

#10964 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

whysnow Thanks again for sharing this stream, and bringing the world along on a Day-1 celebration of this incredible looking pin.

Happy to.

This game really is super fun!

So happy for Scott, Eric, David, and team spooky. This game is seriously great.

Fun mech use combined with great shot geometry, art is great, lights and sound are beyond good, even beta code is super fun and pretty well balanced already.

This PF is the best quality I have seen to date. Crazy but no dimples at all yet. I have never seen that before.

Theme integration and immersion is possibly the best ever. May have taken over TAF as best immersion of all time. Really is that good. Once code is polished... WOWwwweeeee

#10986 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yea really, Hilton made it possible to see a good stream of it, plus open up the owners club. Only thing annoying about the stream was K-man making comments about the number of shirts you had on.

LOL, layering in WI is a smart thing It was 5 degrees when I woke up and 40 when I left the bar.

I heard he was trolling and offered to pay $500 if I wore 3 shirts... so I put on a 3rd and then a 4th.
He only paid up $300... Guy owes another $200. Hopefully he makes good an sends it over on Jacks next stream.

#10987 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I got down to I\O this afternoon just as the stream was ending and got to check out the game in person and play 5 games. I got to see the game with the glass off which allowed me to see everything up close. My jaw dropped when I saw the quality of the playfield. The playfield looked like glass and it looked almost like it had a playfield protector on it as I couldn't see any dimples whatsoever. Whatever Spooky is doing is far and above what the other manufacturers and even CPR are doing. It looked like a professionally restored playfield. It was really impressive to see.
As for the game itself, it vastly exceeded my expectations. This game is the real deal and was really fun to shoot. Some of the shots can be a little bit hard to find but they don't feel too tight or unfair. My 2nd game I put up 8.3 million. I was able to hit the portal shot off the skillshot 3 times in 5 games, and was able to make the upper loop shot pretty regularly.-this was my favorite shot in the game. I thought the toughest shot was the left ramp just because of the steepness. You can hit it off a trap though. I'd compare the difficulty to the roller-coaster ramp in Oktoberfest. It kind of feels like that left target bank is obstructing it when you line it up visually, but it doesn't. The scoop was also more difficult than I thought it would be and some shots do reject out which can be a little frustrating. The right ramp feels like the Star Wars right ramp and that quick turn-around shot feels nice and smooth as well. It really screams around the horse-shoe, and that is a really fun mech and utilized well. The pop bumper keeps you on your toes but doesn't feel unfair. You kind of want to play that like Andromeda where you keep your flipper up in a trap position to protect yourself from draining. The magna save is well implemented and harder to pull off than I thought it would be. I was able to save a couple, but also lost a couple that I was trying to save.
The theme integration along with sound and light show is likely the best I've ever seen. There were things I thought I might not like about the game when seeing it in pictures or on stream but after playing it in person there really isn't anything I don't like about the game. The layout is on the more difficult side in terms of shot difficulty. It reminds me a bit of JP2 in that regard. There aren't really any "easy" shots on the game. The right ramp and that quick turn around shot are likely the easiest and they aren't gimmie's by any means. I think most of the shots are medium to medium-hard. I didn't find any of the shots to be overly difficult.
Overall I know that Spooky has a major hit on their hands as I think this pin brings all the elements I would want in a pin together so well! I think the game is going to continue to get even better as new software is released and I can't wait until I have it in my collection soon! Bravo team Spooky and thanks to Jack for the excellent quality stream![quoted image][quoted image]

good review and good to see you Mike! Been way too long since we have been able to play a regular game of pinball out and about.

If you plan to make it over some evening this week then LMK. Eric will likely have me next code update by the time I get up on Sunday

#10989 4 years ago

Noticed that the Pinside formula is broken due to people flipping presale spots; which then calculate as game average.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machine-price-estimate-inaccurate-for-pre-order-sales#post-5473646

#11018 4 years ago

Curious which is a harder shot?
Portal or the Tron Gem shot?

Gem. Not even close comparison IMHO.

Portal is timing from upper right. Portal is just hit the orbit clean from left (when lit)

#11020 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Just curious....is the coil power adjustable in the settings?

Yes. Every coil in the game.

#11026 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

So are you like a stern and or stern fanboy pledge?
I noticed you posting in STH bragging about how you came to this thread specifically to rile people up and fuck with them.
That's nice.

I think this is more reason to abandon this thread for the official one.

If anyone has questions then I suggest we take discussion there.

Anyone looking for me, knows where to find me. Oooowwwwwwreeeee

#11207 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I think spooky could use a tiered return customer system. If you bought all their games, highest tier, on down to one

Makes very logical sense

#11337 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Wasn't that the rumored title Ben Heck was trying to get made before he left Spooky?

Bible Adventures was the legit theme that Ben had made.

He and spooky are hanging out again... so it could finally happen! I hope!

#11351 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can you please elaborate?

He would like to have one someday, missed out, and plans to vaguely y’all it down in hopes he will find a deal.

1 week later
#11497 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

If true,then,at 40 pr month,seems they are behind by 40!! Somethings not right here!!!

nah

this is the typical plan.
They build the first few batches which go out to routes and people that often are a great help for feedback.

They then have a brief 'pause' to ensure they incorporate all these things.

Then production tend to pick up.

They "average' 10 per week once things are running smooth.

I actually make a personal guess that we are going to see R&M coming off the line at more than 10 per week once all is running smoothly.
Spooky and Scott did many things on this game to streamline assembly and it will help on this back end of assembly a ton.

#11561 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

imagine if 3/4 the shots in the game were the JP tower shot or the

interesting as I think JP2 and R&M are actually very similar in shot difficulty/challenge factor.

actually, even oddly similar.

What I call frustratingly addictive. Really keep me coming back for more.

#11567 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Contrast that with a really difficult shot like the spinner or garage in RaM - maybe similar difficulty, but the shot is far more important to doing things in the game.

Garage can be backslides with right orbit. I also find the garage off upper right flipper to be easy once you find it.

I do agree that the spinner can be a lock out for dimension if you are unable to find it.

My one wish is for a spinner on the right orbit. First because I love spinners and second because that would be cool to rip a spinner than then opens garage and you portal divert in a single shot

#11570 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

How many games do you feel you have in so far? Over 100 I'd imagine.

Oh yeah. I would guess at least 100. I love the game. Every time I stop by the location I play at least 3 games. Probably put on 50 in the first week alone.

#11575 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I was kinda hoping for one in the quick turn-around shot that feeds the upper flipper. That area looks a little barren (mostly due to art choices out of Spooky's control) and it wouldn't hurt to take a little velocity off the ball anyway when feeding the upper flipper. Spinner would give that shot more of a unique feel/purpose. Might not be room to mount one there anyway, and of course the game is done & shipped. Just armchair designing. (sorry Scott!)

I mean... technically, a modder could add a second spinner anywhere and tie into the one that is already there. correct?

#11582 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why is this even possible?
[quoted image]

seems pretty obvious why...

slow roller of a lazerous comes back up and rests on the slightly higher metal apron tab now that it sits on a plastic piece to protect pf from apron edge.

Luckily the simple fix is a small nudge and it happens very rarely.

I think the bigger thing to get from this, is pretty awesome that this is the biggest complaint

why it is possible (resized).jpgwhy it is possible (resized).jpg
#11596 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It clearly is a huge ball trap problem

really? a ball that has already drained, rarely gets stuck here (hell, put your game at the suggested 6.9 pitch and no problems), and can be freed with a simple and small nudge when/if it does happpen... is a "huge" problem?

dramatic much?

TLDR > you have an obvious agenda (as usual) and are making a mountain out of a molehill on this one.

#11649 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I’m not going to beat a dead horse.. doing a little tweak here and there for you at home might be “fun”.. as a business owner, I spent 8k on an amusement device with coin mechs and a Bill validator to make money. Not so I can fuck around with modding it to make it work..
Try and imagine what it would be like if you had 50+ games, being played by random people 15 hours a day. You’re busy enough as it is just trying to keep things running.
Others are saying the “biggest” complaint is the apron thing, I’m not trying to beat up spooky, because i like the company and people also, but I’m also trying to share an alternative experience from someone who isn’t a “paid sponsor” or lifetime fanboy or whatever.
I love the theme, I love the integration, I love the way the game looks, i love the music. but right now it’s a big fucking headache, and I don’t believe it’s ready to deal with all the edge cases a location deals with mechanically or in software. Hopefully next week I’ll have some time to report much of this to spooky more officially.

sorry to hear this is your experience. I am not a sponsor, I am not paid, and I am a pinhead.

I also dont need to imagine what it is like to work 3 jobs and maintain 50+ games on route. That is my life also.

I fully understand the frustration to buy a game and expect it to just work right out of the box. That is 100% how it should be.

I give spooky some slack as they are constantly fixing, working with us hobby operators, and mostly because everything you are describing is extremely minor in both my opinion and my experience. From what I gather you are getting 2 stuck ball places and both can be fixed in under 15 min.

Pull the apron and place a washer or file a tab and that one evaporates.
Drop the scoop 1 washer of file the lip and that one disappears also.

What other issues are you having? If I can help, I happily will.

The game I route was #2 off the line and had some minor adjustments to make it play better for route. I expect some degree of this for every new game. I again, completely understand your frustration of things not working as expected when a game comes out of the box.

Compared to stranger thanks and JP I have spent 50% of the time on R&M as each of those. Combined, ST ramp is Fd and still no promised replacement from Stern. JP2 has posts snapped off in the pf and a weekly need to fix stuff that was poor design as the start. At least with spooky, we get very good support.

#11651 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The ball launch stucks were happening On the piece of black foam in the shooter lane that i cant figure out why youd have there in the first place. Spookys resoonse was try turning the coil strength down... which resulted in the game just not attempting to serve balls at all (when just adjusting two steps) half the time which required rebooting the game.
Why is there foam which would wear down right in the shooter lane?

no idea what foam is? maybe it fell off from somewhere else.

A simple bend of trough scoop that feeds the shooter lane along with a tweak to coil power should tune you in just fine.
I personally found a small bend to help direct ball into lane (instead of bounce back into through) combined with a step up 2 was the best answer for me.

#11666 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Kaneda posted his review of R&M after playing at Jackbar for those interested. Pretty brutal take on the shots from the upper right flipper (to the point he says he's rather play stranger things in terms of shots). I have multiple people I know personally who have flipped the game and said it's tough, but they didn't bag on the shots nearly as much. whysnow even got called out for hyping the game too much lol. Always have to take Chris with a grain of salt.
https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball

Anyone that listens to him for a review of a game is a moron. He does not play pinball, really own them (aside from the need to show them off as a trophy), has zero idea on how to do even basic maintainence, and is a really bad player.

Beyond “grain of salt”, Thales his review as the reality of what he is, a professional hype man and flipper that spends more time speculating on the next game rather than actually learning a few basic skills and playing pinball.

I know many find him entertaining but any review on game play from his is like believing what your weather man tells you about the stock market.

#11701 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I listen to Kaneda, and value his opinions. But fair enough.

Somehow people seem to gloss over some words. I specifically said “for a review”

The guy does not really play pinball. He is on the opposite end of the spectrum for sort of player whose game play opinion I would value at all. And yes, anyone that takes Kaneda’s opinion on any game as worthwhile is dumb as a rock in my book.

The guy is shock jock entertainer, and not any actual value of a critical or constructive review.

This is demonstrated even further by his review after playing a handful of games. The little value that would come from his review is the perspective of a non-player.

Game is on the challenging aide and I would never expect someone with his limited skill to like it or be able to get a handle on it in a single session where he played 5-10 games.

#11708 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

"fell off from somewhere?" - lol...
[quoted image]
You've not listened to what the problem was... the ball was getting to the shooter lane, it would sit on this foam and wouldn't have the freedom to break away. I believe it was leaning between the trough bottom lip and the foam. So first question was 'why is this foam here?' -- what's its purpose... because it was just making things worse for us.
It hasn't done it in the last two days while I've played though. So it's wearing it, or something...
I still don't understand why you'd put foam that breaks down quite easily in literally the spot every single ball hits.

dont think our route game has that?

I would guess it was intended to help direct away from falling back in trough?

Just remove it if it is causing issue for you.

I am not sure why this is a tough adjustment to make. If you are getting a ball hang up, then make a small adjustment and should be golden.

#11709 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, I read. but okay, please let me clarify... I listen to Kaneda, and value his opinions (which includes reviews of games, marketing strategy, and other). I also enjoy the Rick and Morty pin quite a bit.
Sure, I don't agree with everything he says, and his every review or take on a game. But like I said, I value his opinions. Games shouldn't just be made for the pinball obsessed or competitive players, so you really can't say there is only one dimension or lens to review a game through. Accessibility is important. Also, the guy knows his shit when it comes to marketing and communications... There is a lot of subtlety, research, data and strategy that's involved, and Kaneda gets it.
whysnow there have been many things you've written and shared that contribute to the pinball community too. I'm sure you mean well, I just disagree with your carte blanche statements.

all are entitled to opinions. It is what makes this passion filled hobby so fun.

#11714 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

tell us, old wise-one...
what skill level and number of plays would you require, to meet your expectations for someone liking it, or "getting a handle" on it?

JMHO

For anyone's opinion on a game to have any real value, I think you need a few sessions of play (ideally on more than a single early example), and probably good to play 20 games at absolute minimum. 3 sessions of at least 10 games each session is my norm before I feel I have given a game a chance from a player review perspective.

Sure you can give a first impression, but if you are trying to give an actual review then I think you own it to yourself, the designer, and the company that makes the game to actually put some time in. There are many games I really disliked on the first session and after a handful plays that are now top 20 games for me personally.

It often takes at least 2 sessions to really start finding shots, understanding ruleset, and the ability to be fully immersed in a modern game (they have lots going on)

#11716 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Something something spectrum

odd thing to try and make an insult?

#11735 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

and fixed the gate and ball lock release on all three

Off topic, but what is the advice for fixing this? Thx

#11750 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And an absolutely fantastic pin I might add

Stranger things is a turd of the tirds.

Cheers ice

536C1737-A80B-4B46-9C24-C8DA0DC5C3C7 (resized).jpeg536C1737-A80B-4B46-9C24-C8DA0DC5C3C7 (resized).jpeg
#11755 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That says it all Hilton, clueless. But you can't be any bigger of a RM sycophant. We all know it. That's why you have not an ounce of credibility.
The results of actual delivery are starting to roll in

I hope you are joking??? Honestly can’t tell.

Rick and Morty kicks ass! Sooooo looking fwd to when my personal game arrives later this year. The game is really good IMHO. Favorite to play currently and excited for even more new code.

ST genuinely is a complete dud. If the ramp got fixed, it could get closer to AFM style fun but honestly any fan layout is pretty or boring to me now.

#11765 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Garage shot:
[quoted image]

I suggest taking some time to straighten out the bump in the orbit rail above the upper flipper.
In you gif I see the ball hoping off the rail so it is not coming directly parallel to the upper right flipper.
You ball is taking (the exagerated green line route) You want it to take the red line route so it comes off basically parallel and (depending on ball speed) sliding down the upper flipper.

Your game is going to shoot even better once you make that adjustment IMHO.

rick (resized).pngrick (resized).png
#11768 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

BTW, these GIFs are from the Jack Danger stream.

lol

if from my route game, then that has been fixed and much better after you do that adjustment.

#11772 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yes. I’ve got three or four in a row, but then the speed of the ball gets too fast to accurately hit the shot for more (at least for me).

This is my experience also. I got 6 in a row one time.

2or thee is typical before i biff

#11813 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Rick and Morty came in at the #2 spot in the Top 100.
https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

now the only question is how hard it gets hit by the people that will vote it down out of spite, lol.

Pinside top 100 has been broken for years.

Just go play the game and decide for yourself

#11816 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

"Post rubbers very thin and don’t last long at all"

I replaced with cliffy sleeves. I really like his stuff. Holds up and easy to wipe clean.

That picture is what ours looked like after ~1000 plays.

#11835 4 years ago

lol

guy does not even know what the 3rd flipper button does but the game apparently sucks...

gotta love this shit. You can't even make it up.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11842 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Speaking of which Hilton, I had a question earlier that you might have missed:

sorry, missed that.

Yes, just preposition the metal guide.

That gif showed the ball hoping off the rail so it was 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the flipper before the shot could be taken.
Adjusting the guide rail so the ball travels parallel to the upper right flipper provides you with the correct geometry and plenty of power/angle to make both the spinner loop and garage shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.