Topic Stats

• 12,246 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210108_020138 (resized).jpg
20210108_020106 (resized).jpg
Resized_20210106_145154 (resized).jpeg
no-stack-cones (resized).jpg
9DC9202A-B308-438B-BDF9-B34C9E7C70EE (resized).jpeg
20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG
IMG_1175 (resized).JPG
IMG_1174 (resized).JPG
DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (1 year ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (1 year ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (1 year ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I’ve heard plenty of people rave about the show. Checked out some clips after this announcement. Tries too hard to be quick and clever. Seems fine for the ADD generation. Not for me, unfortunately.

Same here. I keep watching extended clips, and all of it feels like "Non Sequitur and Pop Reference the Show" on an even higher level than Family Guy, which is already way too referential for me to find enjoyable.

Definitely interested to see people excited, and will check it out asap when it's released! I hope there's a bit more freeflowing shots than ACNC. I still can't find a grove with that, as much as I like the LCD sequences.

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Lawnmower Dog and Meeseeks and Destroy are great episodes with which to start, FYI. Watch the entire episode instead of looking up clips on youtube.

I'll try and find them for sure, and watch a full episode or two. I've just found clips alone grating, overly obnoxious, and too gratuitous to be funny for my tastes. Then again, I don't like a lot of modern media.

Quoted from DBLM:

For the Rick and Morty haters[quoted image]

Regarding "haters" it's okay to like or not like something. Outright shitting on, or being a zealot are the extreme ends of both. Ideally there's always something to enjoy, and critique.

I'll definitely watch some later tonight! I'm glad there'll be a product regardless, that skews outside the standard licenses, that's for sure.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from DBLM:

The screen grab is a scene from the show with a direct quote. It was a joke.

Oh, I gathered that. Just stating that often on threads, if there's criticism, not drinking the koolaid, you get branded pretty quickly.

Also shitting on threads is no fun for sure. I may not dig the theme, but I like what Spooky does. They have their own flavor, and it's an entirely modern, and bright colored theme, with sure to have wacky/weird modes, high quality animations, lots of callouts, etc. I can get excited for that! A good game stands as much on it's playfield design, code and such, and sometimes more so, than it's theme.

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]
Game ships in 21 days!

Is that accurate? I figured that meant the full reveal.

#542 1 year ago

What a weird thread. It's like Judgment...the Thread.

We've got people who maybe have never heard or seen the show, thinking this pin will sink. Then people who are ardent fans judging those unfamiliar with ageism and derisive comments.

It's all just ugly, and gross.

On the other hand, this can bring an entirely different energy. Ala people that are into pinball, might watch the show and enjoy it. New fans! (I just started downloading the show last night myself!) And then people that aren't into pinball and love the show, will play pinball. New fans!

So new fans all around can ONLY be a good thing! So let's all maybe try to be a little less judgmental, and more encouraging of one another, eh?

Side note, it's media. Media we are fans of. Not necessarily media we've created. So maybe taking an approach of not dying for media on a sword, one direction or another, is a smart approach as well. And also, we criticize people jumping blindly at Munsters, Elvira, etc, so why not feel similarly in this manner?

I can't see this game as anything other than a BIG positive, whether I'm a fan, a buyer or end up being neither. I know I'm definitely a player, and without a doubt this game will garner pinball some new and NECESSARY attention, to ground it more towards a sustainable future, than a possibly dying past. There's no harm in that, that's for sure!

#584 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

No need to get reasonable!

Yeah, I just don't understand the approach of calling someone an old fart, and basically saying that they have an opinion that's irrelevant if they either don't see the appeal of the show or understand it, and tagging age as the justification for doing so.

For me that's as bad as sexism, racism, etc. Judging someone on one aspect of their being, and if the judge's assessment is that their target is simply one of "ignorance" in their view, that's irrational, as having a difference of opinion is entirely okay.

Quoted from TheLaw:

And explain how that is weird for Pinside?

Yeah, sadly. This is more "Thread...the Thread!" than anything else. I remember earlier this year, the Munsters thread feeling similar, just a bit flipflopped demographic assessment wise.

Ultimately, being so attached to media and consumerism, to lob personal attacks, is disturbing. It's shit made to sell you shit, then more shit, on top of that shit! I'm a junkie myself. I got it bad man.....

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Some people are going to have a real cool Xmas pinball party. Please send me info to your house!

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

We are assuming the full announcement and unveiling is around then. I don't think anyone is assuming the game will be for sale.

But who knows...?

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

So a cultural phenomenon and probably the most popular adult cartoon since the Simpsons has no chance but a 70s b movie is gonna clean up?
Uh ya, ok.
This will be their best selling machine to date by far bud.

How can you commit Clown Heresy with a profile photo like that!?!?!? Killer Klowns was a product of the 80's. Far too cheesey to be from a decade earlier. Also, much worse hair. And that game would have at least one buyer.

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Hi can you please give me your Top 20 cartoon list?

I hope his list starts and ends with....

And then ends with....

snagglepuss-cartoon-warner-bros-flickr-640x480_large (resized).jpgRichardSimmonsSept2011 (resized).jpg
#1221 1 year ago

What's wrong with maggots!?!?!?!

les-feebles-meet-the-feebles-year-1989-new-zealand-animation-director-B7Y2JJ (resized).jpg
#1823 1 year ago

Finished watching Season 1 last night, and directly headed into Season 2.

Gotta say, from all the hype, the clips and memes (Which don't help sans context, and somewhat ruin some surprises for the unfamiliar) I really felt this would be a cynical, sarcastic, trope laden, and cultural referential style of show.

Man, I'm glad I was wrong!!!

The show is playful, establishes solid characterizations very quickly and genuinely, and really goes in unexpected places, in rational ways. Above all, it also has an underlying sense of heart, that doesn't hit you over the head thankfully, but is underlying in how it bases it's plots around a relatable family, one that has issues, yet seems like in some form or fashion "real".

Definitely a huge surprise, and I'm happy to continue, and speedily watch through the following seasons, and really am looking forward to see what Spooky and gang have come up with for this license..!

I'm definitely glad I joined the Fang Club last week!

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Things are starting to get real!
Real fast!!![quoted image]

Haha! I saw that too!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12/11/rick-and-morty-pringles-teaming-up-for-pickle-rick-crisps-animated-nfl-super-bowl-liv-ad/

Pickle flavored chips are awesome!

Finally, something fun to look for during the Super Bowl!

#2678 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Bloodsucker edition includes.
All built before any standard edition games.
Really cool metallic purple powder coat
Custom portal rails
Matching apron and display panel.
Everything else shown is an add on.

Hey Luke!

How much do you guys usually charge for shipping direct? I'm in Pittsburgh.

Do you charge credit card fees for downpayments?

Thanks for all the answers so far!

#2692 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Distributors have assorted spots equal to spooky they all have an equal ratio and range. We all have equal early, mid and late numbers and they will be layered accordingly.

Oh, and will there be options for scoop projectors?

#2728 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

The shipping on my TNA with Butter was $277 last year to PA. The butter added $50 for extra packaging materials.[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this! Was a liftgate included, I assume?

#2771 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I hope there will be voices in the other that Rick and Morty. Call outs are great but hope we will hear Gerry, Summer, Scary Terry, etc from episodes and that there are no voice limitations

Definitely heard a lot of Mr. Meeseeks in that trailer!

#2780 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The build date for your game depends on when you order the game. Could be as early as ~30-60 days for number 1 to 18 months for number 750.

Can we move ourselves backwards in line, if we'd like to? Anyone have any idea on that?

#3360 1 year ago

BS 1898 via Spooky.

Definitely an intense experience. Accidentally got rung up for two, and am having that taken care of.

My head and stomach are still spinning.

#3371 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Should have kept the two !

Haha! Only if another dimensional version of me could help with payments!

#4135 1 year ago

Phew! After 25 minutes straight, and multiple times checking in today...FINALLY caught up with this thread, haha!

Man, what a crazy pinball day!

Congrats to all at Spooky, everyone that got a game they really are excited for, and to all reading and joining along in the party!!!

#4273 1 year ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Best post in the thread.

The Dr. is in. Well...back.

#4546 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do agree that no green moving portal of some sort on the playfield is a big miss IMO. I like the idea of a hologram/projected one......I wonder if a mod could be made like the mirror idea above but over the center shot that projects a portal over it in some manner. Isn't that the one that starts an adventure?
I'd say the garage possibly too, but the center shot makes more sense.

I'm scratching my head a bit, that there's no ball jumping through a portal, from ramp to ramp. I think RAZA showed something like that.

#4562 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

RAZA’s had like 7 years to barely exist, scam people, die, get resurrected by a blowhard a-hole, and still barely exists. Scratch your head at Jpop being employed.

I'm not really excited for RAZA. I certainly didn't put money down on it, and most likely won't, like I did Rick and Morty the other day.

I'm not even directly comparing machines, or creators. I'm mentioning a design option, utilizing a physical form of a portal, which outside the four leads, seems to be the most dominant aspect of the show, and how it could be effectively conveyed in game.

It also would have been neat to see the portal gun sway and move akin to STNG.

Wanting more, or visualizing things differently, isn't a bad thing, and doesn't mean I don't hope to enjoy the machine greatly.

We are also able to discuss games detached from companies and creative leads, like any form of art, and still do so and appreciate these things for what they don't and do offer us as consumers.

Sidenote. I scratch my head more at the fact that he's seemingly that competent a designer, that's created unlicensed games that have held their value, and are pretty beloved. No matter what you think of the guy personally, some of his games are brilliant.

I doubt I respect, or could anyway, any of the CEO's from Mickie D's or Walmart, yet I've still bought their products over the years.

#4566 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm not a huge fan of cannons, but I see how that might have been a clever way of opening a portal. There is always "more" though and at a certain part you have to prioritize.

Yeah, at a certain point things just can't be afforded. Stern can probably get higher amounts of everything cheaper, and this game still has as much, or more, aspects than several of their games this past year.

I'm excited to see/hear code and clip integration, and modes. I have a feeling that'll go a long way to balance and enhance things!

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Here in Reno we have McDonald's inside the Walmart.
"Mind Blown!"... lol

You are living in paradise it seems, my friend!

#4572 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s fine, but when you compare it to a total
shitshow project that has left many “casualties” in its wake...I dunno, it’s a little diminishing to a humble talent like Scott who didn’t just say he could do it all - he DID IT with TNA...and is doing it again. We’ll have 2 Danesi games before anyone will ever see a manufactured functioning Jpop game.

Pinball is a very very small world...can you think of any other product like this where the buyers & creators have almost total access to each other? Yes, pinball is a business, but it still operates very much like a close knit hobby. So, sorry - some of us can’t separate the “art from the artist” with pinball. It’s too close. I saw Jpop’s cult scam for what it was from day 1. He should not be allowed employment in pinball after what he did. I’ll never buy of even play a Derp Poop game due to Robert’s arrogance & Jpop’s involvement. I would never buy anything from Barry at DP after what they’ve done. This is a small hobby. We don’t have to entertain scoundrels when there are good people making games.

He was surrounded by the absolute best of the best at Bally Williams. They had the talent & budget to make his ideas come to life. There are plenty of stories of others like Steve Ritchie having to step in and save his projects. The truth is, he’s a maniac. Hard to work with. Delusions of grandeur. There’s a REASON Stern never hired Jpop when they were scooping up all the other B/W talent...and some of that talent isn’t always easy to work with as well - so that should tell you how poisonous they considered Jpop.

I was comparing one feature found in a game, to another game where I'd enjoy seeing something along those lines, different, etc.

I have no beef or cheers for Jpop. I don't know any designers or anyone in the pinball world on a deeply personal level. So for me personally to judge them, doesn't make sense. Most of my coworkers, family, hell...anyone, I don't know well enough to judge. I can only accurately judge myself. (If we all operated the world as such, it'd be a much kinder place...) ((Ironically, a judgment, haha!))

So umm, let's leave the Jpop tyrades and demolition for another thread, or just bury it entirely. It's tired, overdone, and isn't necessary here, as I in no way invoked the eerily spooky, no pun intended, name of Jpop to cast any dispersions on him or this or that game.

Sheesh man. For a guy with a pickle as his current icon, maybe tone down the hate.

#4584 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So his crimes didn’t affect you - try having some empathy for those he stole from & lies to. Be aware of the story and how he affected people here before just invoking him like there’s no context behind him and his story.

Don’t dismiss discussion of the facts concerning charlatans & their documented schemes as “hate”. That makes it seems as though there’s no rationale or context.

I stated I mentioned an aspect of a game he's helped designed. From what you've said of how he's leaned on others, he might not even be directly responsible for that aspect of this game.

I never directly invoked him. I mentioned a game element from something he and others are working on, same as I did with STNG.

As much as I hate the term, please don't gaslight me. Don't infer how I feel about his abuse of others, their funds, their hopes, their agony from a situation like that. I never once dismissed or mentioned any of those situations with him. YOU brought the issues he's had in his past, directly into a comment I made about a ramp. A friggin' ramp.

And yes, there is no direct context here. I didn't herald him as a saint, yet now you're judging me as being dismissive, when I simply said let's leave the creator out of this, and let's maybe not judge people so much. Yet...you fire back with judgment of me.

You had Ren as your prior avatar. Clearly you were able to separate art from creator there. But now for some reason, you jump to flame fires here, and create them, rather than simply chill.

Take this to PM if you really want to morally joust with me more.

Speaking of, personally, I've met two types of people in this world. Those that speak of moral codes. Those that don't. Both kinds always break them, myself included. For me, I trust more the people that don't pontificate and profess moral superiority above others.

Quoted from Palmer:

I always appreciate when someone brings up Jpop and his scumbaggery. The guy is a scam artist and the fact that DR hired him goes to show how much integrity they have. I will never buy a DR game.

As noted above. I mentioned a game feature. I didn't throw gas into this by directly injecting hate and disdain, that was the Hero above.

Man, if a person can't mention a game feature on this forum, sans having others feed on hate and vitriol, this is a pretty disturbing place to read and discuss.

Welcome to....Pinside???

#4594 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah. We’re done. This thread doesn’t deserve any more of this. Hitting “the button”. Suggest you do the same.

Agreed. I certainly didn't intend for an argument to develop from simply suggesting a feature that I wouldn't mind seeing in this game.

#4660 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

Are you referring to where RAZA's main ramp hits a diverter at the top and can send the ball in either direction? He also has the same gimmick in TOM and TOTAN. Not sure what that has to do with a "portal". I'm confused

I thought I'd read or heard something about a daredevil style ramp. Where there's a gap it can fly over, and then land on the other side. I thought that was on the front part of the right ramp, before that other stuff.

My suggestion was something akin to that, with a physical portal between the two sides of a ramp. Thee ball then flying through, and landing on the other side of the ramp. And of course seeing an animation of that occurring too. Sumthin' like that anyway.

#4668 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The "poop jokes" in RaM are merely a surface layer. Obligatory attraction for the kind of demographic that follow the more mindless kinds of toilet cartoon "shows". For the fans whom totally get it, the real belly laughs come from an underlying much deeper level that not everybody seems to follow.
Not all RaM "fans" appear to get the subtle deeper messages, or humor... of course everyone is different
"today's humor is all POOP jokes", I tend to agree generally (and don't get a laugh from the mindless toilet humor and sick crap).... but this is what makes RaM different among most of todays rubbish, RaM is much more than just its trimmings of poop jokes.

Except for the Season Four episode about, well......

#5512 1 year ago

Phew. After spending the day intermittently reading this thread, after missing one day here, I can at least say I'm REALLY happy to read about the ball lock steals! Always loved that feature from TNA!

Other than that, man.......

1 week later
#6268 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I want to set this straight. The margins for the game are the same regardless if it's a standard, blood sucker, no options, or everything including butter cabinet. There is NO bigger kickback on one game over another.
Okay, moving on. I have never watched the show, but I did have a chance to shoot the game. I enjoyed it and found its shots satisfying when hit. I am sure it would have meant more had I known the context for the modes and callouts, but I still enjoyed the game for the layout and replayability.[quoted image]

Did the code seem somewhat mature?

#6315 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Ah shit. Well then I'm TOTALLY confused. Going back to watching The Witcher to get my head on straight.

Pretty sure the timeline issues in that show, will only make your head spin off entirely!

#6340 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I actually googled that, because I thought I was nuts. The way they did it with no actual dates shown, and characters that don't age...it's kind of annoying, but the show is good.

52emycael6641 (resized).jpg
#6489 1 year ago
Quoted from goldant:

I both get this, and don't think it is likely to happen (but I'd pay for it if they offered it). It seems weird to me to add third party machine protectors as a manufacturer. If the manufacturer is expecting a part of the machine to break, better to just buff it up properly themselves right? Adding Cliffy's would admit they think a part of the machine wasn't designed to last.

Most games, modern and otherwise, can benefit from Cliffy's.

For this maybe just one slot protector under the right ramp drop is necessary.

#6750 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I like the segment. I find it interesting. It also demonstrates a degree of eloquence that I can appreciate, and which is unfortunately lost on most people these days.

I hadn't heard that segment prior, and appreciated it for the same reasons you speak. I also found it a bit irksome for reasons others mentioned.

Above all, it feels unique, personal, and authentic....from an earnest place, so I appreciate his work, and info, for that!

#6902 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why is asking a question "trying to persuade" someone? That's a very odd stance to have.

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Just a clarification on this. The memory leak is not a Multimorphic P3-ROC issue. It is a software issue on the PC. This issue is being worked on for ACNC as we speak (I have seen the new code) and this has been proactively addressed for R&M and will not be an issue there. The reason we put a larger computer in it was to handle the vast amounts of HD video that are going in this thing. We wanted more RAM, more CPU, and a better video processor. The PC that we are using is also made from off the shelf parts, which I am a huge advocate of.
--Scott

This is why dogpiling can be as toxic as trolling. Whether his intent was to troll or not, his criticism brought about a direct, and reassuring response from Scott.

That is a net positive.

To that effect, I never trust anyone that's entirely critical or devout towards an idea, person or product. Scepticism and optimism can walk hand in hand.

Thanks Scott for this elaboration!

#6914 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It was a Thread Crap. Plain and simple.

My point was, who cares if he was? His post led to a net positive.

I've seen ACNC at the site I play at, and is routinely maintained, often shutdown, and for me as a R&M buyer, it's a positive to hear possible past issues corrected via Scott. Bravo!

If someone feels, thinks, has a different opinion than you, does that truly affect your enjoyment that much? We are way too divided as a species, and it's all ego focused. I'm right, you're wrong, fuck off. An endless loop.

End thread derail. Game on. And I'm fine if my poop words are viewed as agreeable or disagreeable.

#6944 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

You obviously knew your posts are searchable...and there is plenty of evidence that you enjoy causing drama. Please exit the thread...you have no use here but drama.

I'm beginning to feel this way as well.

Lesson learned.

#7244 1 year ago

Not much going on this this thread news wise...

Though the Stranger Things thread has more posts, probably even less new content.

Moving along...

Games should be in the wild next week, right?

#7466 1 year ago

Always reassuring to wake up and see one's flooble crank, being reassured.

#7614 1 year ago

My number is 317...
Its gonna be here real soon OoooooWeeeeee! lol
What would Noob noob do.......?

Your collection is rock solid.

Time to build a second or third floor..!

#7902 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Fulci’s Zombi 2

I'm actually looking into buying the really nice bluray/dvd releases from Blue Underground.

https://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/73498/lucio-fulcis-zombie-2018-4k-remaster/

Zombie is more Fulci's own thing, but also a wannabe sequel to Dawn of the Dead. There seemingly was no Zombie 2, just 3 and 4. Very weird series......

1 week later
#8541 1 year ago

lol.
I just sold one of my IJ's. Sadly its not enough...
Maybe sell the Houdini? IDK... I really love the game lol !

No. Don't sell Houdini!!

Side note.

https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/1219650912425316352?s=09

#8588 12 months ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Last time in saw Charlie I noted he has a full right arm and hand. He very well could have punched me in the face. I was close enough. I think I’m mad for the potential of something that could have happened. Not something easily replaceable by the good folks at spooky.
Thanks for not punching me in the face.

Quoted from bangerjay:

If we’re bartering our inches away, I’m in!

This thread.....

#8594 12 months ago

Scott was on tonight. with Buffalo Pinball, by the way.

Watch BuffaloPinball with me on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball?sr=a

#8688 12 months ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

They didn't have to provide anything, really.

I never really understand this mindset. We paid to be in a queue to pay for a game. Kinda make sense to get the something in that sense.

Is there a card included, like a Fang Club card? From what I've read, no... Would be neato to put inside a wallet.

A keychain would be cool too. I think that's on the site.

#8702 12 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Someone has to be the bigger man around here. A few of these guys are gonna give themselves a stroke because they’re so outraged I have a different opinion about a dumb poster.
THAT will be my satisfaction, when one of them starts a GoFundMe thread because they stroked out over a projector gimmick or an opinion on a game they shelled out $8000 for.

This thread is definitely needing some news.

war (resized).jpg
#8844 12 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This is actually a very valid point.
I live in a rural area where the options for internet are limited.

I'm imagining a creek running through a cave, and you using rabbit ears on an old CRT.

Sounds amazing to me!!!

#9240 11 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think its Clase Azul Tequila bottle, but it could also be a dildo.[quoted image]

Why not....both?

#9278 11 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Thanks Ted. And completely unrelated I watched the 4K restoration of Lucio Fulci's Zombie last night followed by Possession, it was a good night!

Daaaaamn. I just got both of those in the mai and in the past month!!!

Was it this version? I've yet to watch it, ever....

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/possession-mondovision-limited-edition-blu-raycd-combo/

#9307 11 months ago

Niiiice!

https://twitter.com/SpookyPinball/status/1223663112462704642?s=19

Screenshot_20200201-152527_Twitter (resized).jpg
#9316 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Is he being recorded for some gameplay footage maybe???? Hopefully?
you can see the microphone...

Yeah, I was kinda wondering that. Didn't want to infer, and start a riot though!

I wonder if maybe late tonight or Monday? Can one really compete with the Super Bowl?

#9822 11 months ago

Deposit down day one, and everything yesterday looked fantastic!

I do hope the GUI advances a bit over time. The panels and overlays appeared a bit flat, from what I could see anyway, and didn't seem to animate much. Text often didn't have drop shadows, strokes, or any animation either. I hope things spice up a bit in those regards, to match the excellent use of clips and sound design.

#9827 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea, I'm hoping they replace it all with live action and holographic 3D projected lettering. Sam Jackson as MFKN Rick Sanchez. "I'm tired of all these MFKN future snakes in my MFKN time!" and Winona Ryder as his trusty side kick Morty.

*shrugs*

Comic dismissiveness doesn't necessarily help give direction for design/code.

Watching the clip from yesterday for the third time, and things just feel flat, graphic wise, and somewhat lifeless, lacking energy, and dynamic flow. At it's current state obviously. Text doesn't transition from image to image, and graphic elements just kinda sit there on the screen sans any kind of animation.

Feels a bit the opposite of Wonka, so far, loaded with clips, but somewhat sterile on the backglass, aside from the clips.

ACNC turned out amazing, so I hope this does as well! This was the only element that felt a bit early, or not quite fully developed. Code, sound design, light show, everything looked pitch perfect!

Looking forward to seeing more on the full stream tonight!

#9829 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well...I was only partly kidding. I'm pretty anti LCD screen on pinball as most of it is underwhelming. I was pretty impressed with what I saw here...it meshed well and didn't feel out of place. There was some static stuff, but as most will say you are mostly looking at the playfield rather than the screen.

I never know how I feel about lcd's either, whether they're good or bad, if it's just too much info or distracting noise.

Holograms would be pretty badass though!

#9843 11 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Your irrational, prejudiced disdain for animation (never watched one Simpsons?!!!) is causing you to miss out on some of the best TV existing.
As I pointed out earlier,

But you're too good for cartoons; you do you.
https://www.imdb.com/chart/toptv/
By the way, Law & Order? Didn't make the top 250, at 7.7/10. (Funny, that show does officially use an ampersand!)

Jeez man, who cares?

Everyone seems to want to force their views down each other's throats, via crappy social media. Does him not caring about animated shows, effect you or anyone's enjoyment of said show? No.

Let people like what they like. And if you bash them for not being part of your club, guess what...they most likely will meet you with equal closemindedness, and never watch the show, thus only helping to cement the viewpoints you feel so irrational.

To that point, prior to the Spooky announcement, what little I knew of the show, indirectly and not from watching it, I didn't care for it or had a minimal opinion at best. Post announcement, I binge watched all episodes in about 10 days, had my friend watch most of them as well, and ending up putting $1600 down on this game, that I prior had barely an opinion on.

Also, if the dude bought a game, and is routing it, it most likely will give fans of the show, and neophytes maybe like himself, an opportunity to play a game they most likely won't have widespread access to, due to so many of these being kept in private collections.

Given that point, even if he said he feels the show is turds, he's doing quite a lot to help support the show, and helping in pleasing it's fans.

Yeesh.

#9847 11 months ago

Countdown till stream. T-Minus 50 minutes and counting!!!

#10155 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had a stash of them, over a dozen...my wife threw them out not realizing they were special.

So much for your saucy retirement nestegg...

#10170 11 months ago

Definitely seemed a pretty contractual event for Spooky yesterday. I'm really glad they knew well enough, to show some gameplay proper before heading down there.

The entire thing just seemed awkward, like not planned awkward funny either. Kinda like the Cartoon Network crew didn't really know what to say or do with this, like it interrupted their flow, and that energy collided with the folks from Spooky, not really having a lot of guidance to direct their thoughts or gameplay.

Then the chat felt pretty angsty, between disappointed and irked pinheads, and the regulars that usually hang with this crew, that felt a bit putoff or turf defensive.

Very weird event. And sadly, it doesn't necessarily really help sell games, and the regs there didn't seem too excited about pinball.

That said....definitely not what most of us were expecting, but memorable. That is for sure! And we'll get streams down the road for certain, so this added dose of weirdness, is only a net positive! And....entertaining, in a half ass bizarro kinda way.

#10172 11 months ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

This is what I can't figure out. It was announced what show it was in advance. A cursory glance at any clips would show exactly what you saw yesterday: A daily bullshit news stream with a very loose structure. Basically a live podcast. Not along the same lines as Tim and Eric or Eric Andre.

I didn't even really look at the link, past initially seeing it, until Eric posted it just before the stream. And I was pretty excited to watch prior, just didn't figure the show would be so loose form and such. I'd wager most people just stumbled into it similarly.

It was at least engaging, and certainly a far different reveal than on a panel at a con.

#10190 11 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Who are these people, and where can we find them?[quoted image]

Find them and do what!?!? Thank them for feeling free, to ideally express a view, sans judgment, and being called out on a forum?

Knock that off right there, please. People are free to vocalize their opinions and thoughts (ON A PINBALL GAME, fer cryin' outloud!) any way...they...wish, sans repercussion. I agreed with some points he made, disagreed with some others. Whoopdeedoo.

Differing views is an IDEAL, not a controversy.

#10214 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You serious? Boss_FLOG was making more judgment than Judge Judy on Mother’s Day. Expressing a list of opinions is one thing, and I agree with some of what he said, but this....

And....those are his opinions. Good for him for stating them. Bad for him for doing it with a lot of 'tude that was over the top and defacto. Who cares? Doesn't affect anyone from not liking the game, and any thread should allow for respectful dissonance. And even if he wasn't respectful...? So, don't agree with him? This other cat wanting him to be blacklisted or marked, yeesh....absurd.

Quoted from Chisox:

I think he knew what was coming. This thread was hornier than a 17 yr old going to prom after that gameplay video then he threw the old ice bucket to the crotch, what did he expect?

Doesn't mean he should be called out in the way the poster that did....did.

Quoted from cooked71:

Just watched the whole of the SMB stream. Really can’t see where the criticism is coming from. Great exposure to a young audience. People saying it looked “awkward” - the whole show is like that. That’s the point. Thought the game stream itself was really good given the format of the show. As players we want a top-down perfect camera setup, but for everyone else the side view gave more a feeling of actually playing the game.
Gameplay itself looked awesome. I understand some of the criticism. But most of the criticism is that it’s not a “traditional” fan layout with 3 pops a bash toy and an Italian bottom. That’s exactly what I love about it. I can buy 150 other games that are like that. R&M is fresh and unique. It’s likely not the greatest layout of all time for most, but it doesn’t need to be, and shouldn’t be. It’s limited to 750 games and It’s a quirky left of center theme that flies in the face of convention. The game should be too.
The lights, sound, animations, callouts etc etc were fantastic. I really can’t wait to play this game.

Regarding "awkward", if you watched the stream chat, which was more entertaining, and more awkward than the onscreen action, most non pinheads seemed bored after 5 minutes, and intolerant of the demands for different things from the pinside crowd. A few posted that they didn't get pinball or called people nerds for liking it, etc. The stream didn't necessarily indicate the win of a new audience, based on the regulars haunting the chat.

Either way..... It's okay. Not everyone needs to join the club, adore pinball or....agree.

#10245 11 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Freedom of speech != freedom from reactions to your speech.

I didn't say that or imply that at all. I said why rally a call to arms to someone, like the dude was doing with circling people who liked the guys post. More about other people, than that guy.

Moving forward.

#10297 11 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Just got a mod notice so I checked in to see what happened.
I mean “wrinkled tape” and “where can we find them” is taken seriously in a thread about a pin based on the least serious theme ever is becoming kind of...serious

Wasn't me. I've not reported anyone on this site. I just use words directly.

Doesn't matter that much for me to take a sneakshot at someone, I'm more direct.

I was modded for the first time a week ago, and I'd rather the person have PM'ed me, and discussed things personally. There's no reason to get terribly upset on this site, or any.

#10618 11 months ago

An idea for future games regarding licensing and voice work.

At launch, along with game options, could a game akin to Rick and Morty, be presented with a kickstarterish option for extra voice talent for SAG fees and contract costs?

If 100 people alone, picked a $200 option, that could maybe allow an extra actor or two for either existing voice work or new dialog entirely.

$20,000 isn't much, but maybe on a smaller project like this, it could suffice?

#10621 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Huh? If it was that simple to get an actor wouldn’t it be easier to simply increase the base price $26 and have the same outcome? I am more then happy with what they offered personally.

I've no idea what individual actors cost for different games. I've heard some for some games, and yes they can get really, really pricey, but given Justin himself is a massive part of this project, I'd assume compensation could be bargained for.

Just an idea.

If clips might not even have other actors present, this could be a workaround. Powder coated coin door or......Beth or Summer or Squanchy...?

#10625 11 months ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Keep going on the pricing there no where close on prices yet lol

Yeah, I figured $100,000 might be the base, and most likely up....and up.

Thanks for the input KT!

#10708 11 months ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

But let’s be honest. Stranger Things was getting absolutely trashed on this site well before today.

Sure, because it feels barren, and is a lackluster near reskin of former Eddy games. It deserved flack, for being an even less impressive release than Elvira, and following the excellent JP2. And now continues to deserve flack for this shady "add on" feature.

Regarding your prior comment about how we should be grateful new pinball is being created. Sure, when it's excellent. And more than that, pinball manufacturers need loyal consumers more than we need manufacturers that don't respect our dedication.

Ultimately, we can survive without pinball. Pinball can't survive without us.

#10872 11 months ago

Getting drunk at the outback steakhouse bar not thinking about pinball tight now...[quoted image]

But you so were....!

What'd ya drink?

#11230 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I was partying hardy the night before they went on sale and didn't even bother to check my e-mail that was sent to me and every other member of the Fang club informing me they were going on sale.
Still, somehow I managed to get a spot.

I thought you got your spot due to your sweet connection's with Sally from Cartoon Network???

#11363 11 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Try putting half a drop of super lube on the ends of a spinner and see what happens.
After you try this, you will do it to every game you own that has a spinner.[quoted image]

Is that this stuff? Been meaning to pick some up....

Synthetic PTFE Precision Oiler, 7mL amazon.com link »

#11421 10 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yep, that’s it.
Give it a try and report back.
You will just start ripping spinners after you put just a dab on the ends.

Thanks for the firm recommendation! I've had people recommend that, and never followed through. Bought that and the lubricant you recommended for shooter rods too!

So the shooter rod grease just goes where the front, longer spring goes or the entire rod?

And the other spinner lube, just a dab on the ends or directly over the contact point for the spinner?

#11423 10 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Shooter rod grease? Sounds like someone is trolling

I swear that was recommended in this or another thread.

Made sense to me, as the shooter rod in the Smaug I unpacked this last October feels...."dry", for lack of a better word, when being plunged.

#11425 10 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Someone suggested it but you shouldnt lube shooter rod. Disassemble and clean with isopropyl reassemble dry. That's it.

Hmmm.

#11427 10 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Someone suggested it but you shouldnt lube shooter rod. Disassemble and clean with isopropyl reassemble dry. That's it.

Quoted from Coindork:

There’s nothing wrong with using a small bit of lubricant on manual plungers between the shooter rod and the sleeve.
Completely different concrept than coils and coil sleeves.

This was all I could really find on here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shooter-rod-not-moving-smoothly#post-485992

#11431 10 months ago

I just googled that.......

1 week later
#11518 10 months ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

(e.g., Centaur II, JP Premium, R&M), but unfortunately I am going to have to say goodbye to my first ever baby

Hmmm. Selling your firstborn seems a bit extreme for a pin, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Hopefully Scottie Jr. will understand one day, and also be able to play that very same pin, 2 or 3 decades from now when you reunite..!

#11558 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Game play impressions...
- First, the obvious... the writing done for the game is top notch. The custom callouts and integration of show content is A++. It carries the game no doubt. The video assets are nicely done.
- The UX of the display is not perfect... it can be confusing at times to lookup and understand who is the active player. (I do wish you could pick your favorite morty... kinda like picking your monopoly piece..)
- The music is perfect for the game - it fits so well. Dunno if it pulls you forward or not.. but fits the title so well
- There is no questioning you will be rattling shots a lot on this title. From rattling the scoop... to getting to the top of the left ramp and not getting over the threshold... to missing the two left orbit shots... rattling is par for the course on this title
- The two ramps are decent. The right orbit feels right, and the horse shoe shot just to the left of the right orbit is a fun shot, even if difficult to hit intentional
- The U lock shot is a mixed beast. When its open and looping.. SDTM was common and frustrating. When open and empty... it can be a tough shot to hit (and frequently is needed in modes). Hitting the drop targets was kinda 'empty'.. and besides having a lock.. the whole assembly wasn't that rewarding to play/shoot IMO. I hope future rules will improve upon this to make it more interesting
- The left orbit to garage is a hard shot. I don't want to say its flawed... but I couldn't find a consistent shot at it. Plus, its only available via the upper flipper. Which means often you're using the right orbit instead of shooting this hard shot
- The spinner loop is just... elusive. Interesting enough once hit, it seemed easier to combo it and hit it 2-3 times. But hitting it is hard.. the window is small. I didn't feel robbed as much by rejects or the spinner... just finding the entrance was tough.
- The sling and inlane/outlane design were well received.
My main beef seemed to be that often the game is very 'narrow' in the sense of what there is to do and paths to take. Pretty much you have the locks to multiball, and starting adventures. Charging the portal alone requires the two most difficult shots... and even when achieved, it seemed very quick and not lucrative to what I was doing.
Enabling modes requires hitting both ramps (past the first mode) which isn't always a simple task. I think more casual players will struggle with this.
Given the spinner loop was so difficult... I found most of the time the upper flipper had little to shoot for that was lucrative. I found it better to not flip and focus on control at the bottom most of the time.
The mode variety isn't super in what you are trying to do... but the scripts are very well done and fit the show very well. Some show a lot of creativity in what you are doing... but it didn't really resonate as 'super fun' to me.
Multiball start is almost certain drain fest... but there is plenty of ball save.
Dimensions are there, but unless you have the time to read the screen they were pretty indifferent. Alot of the perks I were getting weren't that interesting to me either. Some of that is familiarity with the rules/scoring... but again, the non-serious player is going to miss this element almost entirely.
I think it has potential to be a favorite for some (if not for the a/v media alone) - but as a location game I really fear its going to scare people away. It's just not that satisfying to play IMO. It's frustrating at times, and I feel very much 'on rails' stuck trying to do very specific things instead of having choices. Heaven forbid you get pickle rick as your start adventure... cuz you're stuck trying to get to the portal.
I can't pin down why just yet... but the game didn't have the instant 'must... keep.. playing...' hook for me.
Things I think may hold it back...
- lack of 'flail progress/reward' - needed to keep the casuals playing
- half the shots are super difficult - again, casual player is gonna get frustrated
- location reliability/ease of working on it
I look forward to playing it more... but I don't know if I'd go to play just it.

Really nice and thorough writeups! And thanks guys for taking and posting such detailed photos!

Did you find that most of the shots had about the same degree of distance? Doesn't feel like there's one or two gimme shots. They all feel narrow by a quarter of an inch, and the ramps themselves don't seem to open up much at the entrance either.

It's like Scott designed this game, as stated, to be brutal, not just challenging, and without a couple smoother shots, it feels at times punishing more than pleasurable.

#11568 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Garage can be backslides with right orbit. I also find the garage off upper right flipper to be easy once you find it.
I do agree that the spinner can be a lock out for dimension if you are unable to find it.
My one wish is for a spinner on the right orbit. First because I love spinners and second because that would be cool to rip a spinner than then opens garage and you portal divert in a single shot

How many games do you feel you have in so far? Over 100 I'd imagine.

#11588 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No

The design comes from how the apron is mounted at the front. They put a large plastic plate down, then the metal tab is screwed through that and into the top of the PF. This allows the apron's bottom edge to sit on the plastic tab and be slightly off the PF.. about 1/16th. But this tab is huge and protrudes out into the ball path. The plastic would normally be outside the path of the ball contact... but then the metal tab that the apron slides over is MASSIVE as well.. sticking out a good 1/4" into the ball path.. and since it's up higher, it blocks the ball.
TLDR - the tabs that the apron clips onto are way too big, too high, and out in the ball path.

I posted the occasion where my ball just nestled nicely into the scoop. We waited for it so kick itself out, as the setting for tilts seemed pretty high on the game. My friend hit the flipper buttons possibly hard, not even a nudge, and the game went from a quick warning to tilt in 2 seconds or so.

#11614 10 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If it really bothers you I’m sure you could sell it for a profit. That would alleviate your stress and pad your wallet. Use the proceeds to buy a pinball you feel is better made. Just my 2 cents.

I'm guessing his irritation is that a situation like this shouldn't even exist in the first place.

But this seems to be how pinball from any manufacturer is for the most part. Small tweaks upfront at best, massive one's down the road at worst.

#11624 10 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey fellas. Sorry about the stuck ball on the apron. We used the same apron/holder bracket combo on ACNC and i cannot remember any complaints. Probably due to ACNC being played a little over 7 degrees pitch. I think most RM are probably set a little less steep so maybe it happens more. We purchase them as a part made for multiple games. Was not seeing it on the floor but did see it mentioned here a few days ago. We are coming up with a solution just tossing around ideas for something simple. No worries guys

Luke, you are a solid dude, and your frequent feedback here is always helpful as well as refreshing..!

#11702 10 months ago
Quoted from Manic:

I think you'll be happy then. It's been here at Lyman's in DC for 2 or three weeks and while the upper loop is no "gimme" shot it's quite doable and rewarding if you can do a couple multiple loops (best I could do). You can do a backhand combo to the right ramp... then to the left ramp... then to the loop and then *maybe* to the garage. lol For me none of that was a given except maybe right ramp to left ramp
I did get to watch players better than myself finishing modes and generally kicking my ass. I was glad to see that as it proved my low scores were MY fault and not the machine. For a home game it seems just right - for casuals on location it may be a little too unforgiving. Maybe.
If anybody states the upper loop shot has only a 10% completion rate that would indeed be bullshit. I don't think they had tried to open the lane by loosening the PF screws and re-positioning also. A 10% rate would also contradict all the people that have played the machine in the last few weeks and have enjoyed it. Still I'm hoping Kanada can scare some early people into dumping or bailing on their spots so we all can move up the list. Do it K-man!
I can't listen to *any* noisy, deliberately opinionated shows on *anything* so I'll have to let you guys tell me if he can kick up a good scare

I think home owners have been more forgiving with their percentages for shots, which makes sense given the amount of games played. But location players, myself included, have echoed some of those upper flipper shots, not adjusted, are definitely a bit beyond challenging.

Kaneda didn't really state anything people on site, weren't saying, in most ways. Good or bad.

#11713 10 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

tell us, old wise-one...
what skill level and number of plays would you require, to meet your expectations of someone liking it, or "getting a handle" on it?

Hilton's reaction to Kaneda is what I never get.

Kaneda is the authority.....on HIS opinion. Just as we all are.

And impressions from players of all skill levels have merit. Casual players may be turned off. Hardcore the opposite, regarding hearing about these kinds of shots. So be it. All input has value.

#11717 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because you gloss over the part where the person overvalues their own opinion or overstate's its scope.
Each person is entitled to their opinion - but not all people's opinions are equal. That's why it's important to consider the source, not just the words.

I think we all somewhat saw his reaction coming. Which like you say, and Hilton above...is just that. Not a review, a reaction. And yeah.....we socially are in this rut where we thrive for quick social stimuli, and often overlook more dense views.

I take his view with a grain, for sure, based solely on his take where he never really allowed Wonka to mature, which it did, and Pirates was framed and never given much of a chance past again, initial reactions.

If it bleeds, it leads baby!

#11724 10 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My TNA has this foam too. No issues here. Must be a Spooky thing because I never thought anything of it.[quoted image]

Hmm.

So is it Spooky's version of a Cliffy Shooter Eject Guard.....?

#11727 10 months ago
Quoted from ziz:

I would love to see what the made percentage of loops are on my Shadow by someone that hasn’t played it before. It would be very low, it’s low even for me and I’m good at it, it’s part of what makes the game great, along with the other low percentage mode start shot. I expect that to be comparable on R&M. Most casual players that play the game at my house don’t even realize there is an upper flipper there and even when I remind them they forget to flip it most of the time. They don’t even know the loop shot exists! Yet they still really enjoy the game.
I think it is a mistake to look at a game with a knowledgeable pinball person’s critical perspective and try to say that a casual player is going to not like something or be frustrated. They are enjoying the game on a different level and are unlikely to be turned off by a hard shot that they aren’t even aware of as being hard, they are just trying to keep the ball out of the trough. They tend to be most impressed by the theme integration, toys, lights and music, and this game looks like it is a home run on three of the four.
For an experienced player, these more difficult shots are great and make a game like the Shadow what it is, known for being a player’s game that never gets old because it can never be truly mastered by most people. It keeps the game from getting boring. I find that I get bored with fan layouts the fastest, so I think this will be the perfect layout for me as a home owner that plans on keeping the game forever. So Kaneda’s review makes me even more excited for the game!

I was thinking this too....

If there are 1 or 2 legitimately tricky shots, those will be easier as time goes by, but never truly easy.

So yeah, for home collection purposes, that gives it legs, and for competition surely as well!

I just set up my Hobbit, and the shot design are reverse. Basically all fairly easy.

Variety is the spice of life, and all that jazz!

#11740 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But those players are still trying to PLAY the game - not just watch it. They may not understand how/why everything is happening.. but they still want to be entertained and get SATISFACTION from their play.. and hopefully a feeling to want to try again.
They want to see the game dance... they want to see things happen.. They want to achieve some payoff, even if it's something 'easy' to more advanced players.
If they play a game and nothing happens... they will quickly bore of it. Why play this, when that one over there I can make the dinosaur move! Or I can get multiball on that one.. etc
This is why you heard lingo from Stern in recent titles like "moving XYZ closer to the start button" - They are referring to the concept of how likely a player is going to experience something. It's why on JP2 they changed the feed t-rex MB start... because the game lacked a multiball experience 'close to the start button' that novice players could experience.
No one wants to flail around and have nothing exciting happen. Designers do things to make sure those novice players still have a shot to make things happen. Like having a mode start qualified at the start of a game, or really easy.. or why games like DE had multiball on ball three.. They were all things trying to make the game accessible to novice players so they could still get something interesting and fun out of the game.
This is where design is an art... to make a game accessible enough to a novice player so they can see it dance and get hooked... while still making it challenging enough to sustain play... and ensure better players get an experience they will enjoy as well. It takes a balance that is difficult to do without stupid obvious choices like spotting everything, or simply making progression harder.
Iron Maiden is an amazing example of how they made a game easy enough for the novice (shoot the middle!) that still challenges great players within the very same rules and game play.
All that said.. getting back to RaM... novices need to have enough opportunity to do and see things that will get them interested. They don't need to make every shot... but if everything were behind one of those impossible shots.. you'd have a problem. Right now, players can make RaM dance without the two difficult spinner and garage shots. But they do need to make one ramp and hit the scoop. If you don't do that... the game doesn't open up much. You could flail at the middle and probably get horseshoe locks. That's probably what they would be drawn to. But the upper flipper will likely be more a negative than a positive for them.

Thing is though, this game can also be quite fast. So even when making those easier shots, the ball's velocity heading back still might be an issue for very casual players. Case in point, that opened up horseshoe can really race back atcha.

So at that point, ball times can be brief early on.

Quoted from konghusker:

HONEST opinion from a guy that purchased a game over some guy trying to defend his purchase as a fanboy.

How often are these discussion points mutually exclusive though?

#11785 10 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

All this talk about the orbit on R&M had me thinking about JJP POTC which has multiple orbits and none are smooth. Here's a slow motion video of the ball transition from the inner to the outer main orbit. I'd say a third of the shots would reject and roll back. I ended up making a custom bracket to reinforce the back rail which reduced flex/bounce and helps a bit. But basically the geometry it not good.

I think the positive with the rattle of that rail, which definitely exists, is that when it fails, at worst it heads up to the ship or down into the pops.

Personally, I'd like to see lots of footage of that shot, to see how effective those rails are.

Regarding Rick and Morty, anyone here head to Birdfish in Youngstown in the past few days? I wanted to see if matches have been turned on, and any adjustments made. Might head back tomorrow...!

#11790 10 months ago

Glad Scott and Kaneda chatted it up! Was casual, friendly, and gave some insight for slight adjustments.

Nice to see a designer reach out to discuss his passion project, and equally so for a media dude to be receptive to discussion.

Seems like bigehrl John from Jack Bar has made changes, shoots much better, and will talk about it soon..!

#11810 10 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Right or wrong. Upper flipper was adjusted to parallel with the guide (kinda tucked under the plastic). I couldn’t adjust the spinner loop guide further out, so I removed the screw altogether. Then I pushed the guid back as far as I could and put a small piece of moleskin under the metal tab to protect the playfield. This made the outside guide flatter (not a extreme curved). Opening the shot is only one part...I felt the guide needed to be less curved. My wife and I can now rip the shot regularly. I even ripped the spinner and then hit the garage as it screamed around. Now when you hit the right orbit, and it comes down the spinner lane, it skims the post at the entrance to the spinner orbit and does a little bounce, avoiding the accidental right out lane drains that I was having. Drilling a hole for the screw that goes in the tab of the guide I wasn’t willing to do...so the guide does give a bit. Nothing I did was permanent, so easily reversed, but it seems to work.

I wonder if Spooky will adjust these in the future.

1 month later
#11946 8 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I'm guessing it's just a wrap that can be easily removed.

Hoping....

#11996 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys Im going through the options and was looking for help. The plastic protectors, Im assuming that doesn't mean a playfield protector? also the Kalaxian crystal matching door, is that just a color?
Does the blood sucker come with that topper?

Plastic protectors for some of the plastics.

Matching door is for the coin door.

All games come with the topper.

1 week later
#12077 7 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How about a Squirrelluminati (s03e08) multi ball with the Rick and Morty Black Metal theme version from the end credits of the same episode. That would be a BLASSST!

Is that from the latest episode?

4 months later
#12210 3 months ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Got my BSE #206 today. Crazy game
[quoted image][quoted image]

Eek. I hope that furnace isn't in use anymore....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside