New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 256899)

Rick & Morty Pinball from Spooky!

By MEuRaH

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12,226 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by waynetrane
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg
86F056A7-1E21-4BD4-808F-D45B7187B4E7 (resized).jpeg
5E6BE29B-3FF1-4605-B1DC-AEB8F2DEDD79 (resized).jpeg
5144B608-71B9-4E23-88DE-827D25196119 (resized).jpeg
F354F545-7F0F-4745-BFC2-D7F2B54888E1 (resized).jpeg
254F9FAA-E23F-4982-BA39-C5C00FD6DF0E (resized).jpeg
CA484115-F782-4762-A0B8-9E6518EC27A0 (resized).jpeg
C2E297EB-334A-41B8-B080-38EF0A1E314E (resized).jpeg
FE3A164D-037F-4AE0-BFCA-87EC4C289195 (resized).jpeg
FF6BC0D2-EF05-426A-A34F-479FC011E190 (resized).jpeg
09B37974-E19D-4997-B4A9-6D8FA28E29A6 (resized).jpeg
74AA2FAE-392C-4432-BCA3-695A2FBD97B5 (resized).jpeg
96700C97-8906-4F9A-9B9C-7135080B2D32 (resized).jpeg
7AFA7B68-BB6D-4D80-855E-2B9D8B20678D (resized).jpeg
30FB9493-A13A-4DDA-89B2-3A48E05C2CF2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (10 months ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (10 months ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (10 months ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (10 months ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (10 months ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#287 10 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think my kids watched that show like 8 or 10 years ago. I never watched it but I know people liked it. Its not a theme that would appeal to me personally. At this stage of the game theme is everything and this theme i wouldn't buy. There is going to be a ton of new pinball games coming Spooky I think announced this game at the right time to get the most exposure. We're in like a dead period so now they get the focus. Stern I think announces a new game in a couple weeks, JJP will have something in a month or two, Deep Root is announcing games. Lots of stuff coming soon! Spooky picked the best time to announce. Good for them.

Rick and Morty premiered at the end of 2013 , it’s possible you are mistaking this for a show your kids were watching 8-10 years ago . Also Rick and Morty is not a show for kids .

#304 10 months ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Yeah, sort of like an old man not understanding how typing on one’s phone with auto spellcheck can change words. Don’t get me wrong Mr. OldHero, captain of the spelling police, I should proof before I post, but maybe it’s just time for you change your depends, I think your wet diaper is clouding your posting judgement. Never said, “Me knowing things”, has any bearing on anything.........I simply stated that I have never seen the show or had anyone recommend the show to me. I am sure it’s wildly popular, especially with pickle lovers like yourself.

I’m going to go ahead and recommend the show to you . It really is good , check it it out .
Seriously.

#315 10 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Scott Danesi and Bowen Kerins? OH FUCK YES

Add Eric Priepke to that mix and you’ve baked yourself a real nice cake .

#736 10 months ago

Can I get in on this cybertruck talk? I’m not getting a cybertruck but I am currently drinking a beer , does that count ? 20 more beers until Lionman.

image (resized).jpg
#737 10 months ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Anyone care to speculate what Danesi has cooked up for R&M Pinball?

Stuff and things

#741 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was so hammered last night I had a vision of spinners in the outlanes.

I tend to find the outlanes a lot those might be good for me . I’m going to ask Mr Meeseeks to improve my pinball skills , no possible way that ends badly .

ADFFE16E-42F2-4687-A4E3-897010FE8FD5 (resized).jpeg
#756 10 months ago

They made game of thrones , have you ever seen that ?

#1015 10 months ago

My wife likes Rick and Morty.

#1267 10 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Distros will get their allocation as they always do.
What is left goes to Fang Club.
Then the general public.
It's not the other way round.
That is why it's not a total given that joining the Fang Club gets you a game 100%.

If you are a fang club member you can order the game from your favorite distributor two weeks earlier than a non fang club member. The fang club membership gives you a chance to buy a game to order a game 2 weeks early from any Spooky distributor or directly from Spooky. It is possible that all the games allocated to distributors go to fang members .

#1362 10 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

You must eat gourmet pizza and drink premium beer.

He did say “case “ , premium beer typically isn’t sold by the case .

#2222 10 months ago

I believe Spooky would like to stay between the pricing of stern pros and premiums . Somewhere near the middle of those prices .

#2234 10 months ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

How are spooky cabinet decals, pretty decent? Imagine so with their print shop..

Their cabinet decals are very good.

#2236 10 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

How much do you think they'd charge for factory sideblade art? That's the only upgrade I'd really be interested in... that and maybe the BS armor.

I think the side blade art for Alice Cooper was $45 . I could be remembering wrong on that number but I did get side blade art on my Alice Cooper and it was a fairly cheap upgrade from Spooky.
They look great also !

#2334 10 months ago

Watch close as grandpa topples an empire by changing a one to a zero .

#2802 10 months ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

looks like you hit a metal post to move a captive ball like on metallica pro to light locks. awesome![quoted image]

I’m going to get rewarded for hitting a post? Awesome! I am very good at hitting posts .

#3959 10 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So who wants to come over and beta test?
Oh hey, i can finally post this picture.[quoted image]

I’ll be there at 6

#4236 10 months ago
Quoted from libtech:

Im excited to see what bowen comes up with too, Is this the first machine he has coded for? Probably has some cool ideas hes had in the back of his brain for a long time..

Bowen helped with Alice Cooper . The modes and rules on that game really are great.

#4244 10 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Bowen doesn’t code, but he helps manage the rule design. His first game was ACNC working with a different coder. Is this Eric P’s first game coding at Spooky?

Yes this is the first game Eric has worked on for Spooky .

#4446 10 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I hadn't heard of the show before the hype for this game. I watched the first 3 episodes today and I was dying. Such a great show! I think this pin is going to be a lot of fun.

And it gets better , keep watching .

#4464 10 months ago

One minute you’re falling off a roof for six months , next minute you’re buying a Rick an Morty pinball .

#5504 10 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Did anybody else buy one of the Fang Club bowling shits?
Sorry to report that I have already destroyed mine.
It it now literally cut up into pieces.
Call it modded or re-purposed if you will.
I sewed the Fang Club patch on the front of my leather jacket today.
The back of the shirt I converted into a back patch for for my jacket.
I already had a Lemmy ghost patch sewn on from TPF, so I have a spare one of those ill probably sew on a hat or my back pack.
Either way, you will see me rocking this shit at shows.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work! I like it !

1 week later
#6300 10 months ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

[quoted image]
For those of you that might be interested, I just posted an interview with Scott Danesi where he discusses some of the thinking involved with Rick and Morty and more. Find it in most any podcatcher or here:
https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/slap-save-interview-show-featuring-scott-danesi/

Just listened to it , a nicely done interview. Scott Danesi is alright .

1 week later
#7076 9 months ago

Any of you guys see that Saints fan flipping off the camera Rick style as the Vikings kicked the extra point ? Good stuff .

1 week later
#8178 9 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

We know Justin done a Rick callout "Lionman! ... or, whatever" Lol
That was played on Spooky Podcast. If it isn't in the game itself, surely it would at least be a high score easter egg, when "JUSTIN R" is entered in

I’ve heard that Justin did a Lionman call out as both Rick and Morty but I have no clue how or when they will be used .

#8510 9 months ago

Got my fang club stuff yesterday!

A006D99B-0A1B-495D-9999-9C0FD6DD966D (resized).jpeg
#8610 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think I may have found a clue to this prankster's identity.[quoted image]

You’ll find it in the morning , but it can no longer be considered “home use only”

#8672 9 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can anyone at Spooky please indulge us with an estimate of how many adventures might make it in the game when released? Is it...
•11-20
•21-30
•31+

I played the white wood at Eric’s and all I can say is that Eric is kicking ass and the game is further along than I thought it would be at this point .

#9201 9 months ago

Happy birthday O-din !

#9263 8 months ago

And it was dead , I guess they evolved.

#9667 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Usually “brick” refers to just not hitting the shot. I’m referring to clear clean hits - but they’re stopping by the spinner rather than going around the orbit. On FB, Bowen mentioned that the spinner position prob has to be tweaked...that’s prob what was making that happen. Makes sense...if that’s the case, easy fix.

Yeah it probably just needs a little tweak . When I played the prototype at spooky it would go through fine , I actually found the orbit off the upper flipper to be one of the easier shots in the game ( for me anyways)

#9992 8 months ago

That was awesome!!

#10135 8 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The guy programming the game hates video modes with the burning fire of a thousand suns; so the outlook isn't great.

A2D8CAB0-698F-4893-84B6-1D6E1D8FAA48 (resized).jpeg
#10186 8 months ago

I like the “squanch ball “ shooter button idea . I want one .

#10377 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I've played dozens of games on this machine.
The easiest shot is the right ramp, the second easiest shot is the orbit shot from the upper flipper.
All of this "Is the upper orbit shot easy/reliable?" talk will vanish when machines start shipping.

Yep , I've found it to be one of the easiest shots in the game from my experience playing it .

Quoted from Skyemont:

I thought pins were supposed to already start shipping?

I know spooky said they had an 18 month timeframe for building all the games , but I don't think they gave a specific date as to when they'd start shipping them.

#10381 8 months ago
Quoted from BoJo:

That is good to hear however you really can't blame anyone for thinking that when the majority people haven't had chance to play it and the short video is all they can go off.

Yes , you are correct . The only thing videos are good for is to show some features , light shows ,art ,sound ,modes, lcd clips ect . Videos are absolutely useless as a guide to determine how a game shoots, especially since everyone plays different . The only way anyone can ever know how a game plays/shoots for them is to actually play the game . I hope everyone gets a chance to play this game at some point . I will say that the upper orbit (for me ) has about the same feel as the upper orbit on Iron maiden , meaning it is about the same skill level to me to hit and loop . I think by comparing it to other games that many more people have played gives people a better idea of what it might be like .Hope that helps and I really hope you get to play a Rick and Morty sometime in the near future .

#10385 8 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

How difficult is the portal garage shot from upper flipper?

I would say that is the hardest shot in the game , but you can achieve the same thing by hitting the right orbit which I consider a medium to easy shot . when I played the game the code was that when the portal was open you could enter the garage and access the portal from either of the shots .

#10555 8 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Noon or 1pm start
Will likely run qualifying for a few hours so people can hang out and chat w team spooky while having a pint and playing.
Then some sort of playoff.
All for fun and all $ for the day will go to charity (likely the local animal humane society or shelter; still confirming)

Going to try and make it , is the location Alt brew or somewhere else?

#10559 8 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IO Arcade bar.
720 Williamson St
madison
barcade in Madison. 12 pins, 30+ arcades , full bar, 30+ taps that are always rotating, and full bar. Pretty amazing spot!

Local Madison brews on tap ?

#10568 8 months ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

The pins at IO are fantastic. And heavily played, so you may want to plan your visit around busy bar times for 20-30-somethings!

I can hang with 20-30 somethings as long as they can keep up with me

#10569 8 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes
wide variety of local, regional, and special stuff
Always something new and fun to try. Beyond pinball and games, this place has got it rocking when it comes to beer selection.
Granted the pinball selection is pretty top notch also

Nice ! I always like to support local breweries when I go somewhere and Madison has some really good ones .

#10801 8 months ago

If you watch the stream tomorrow you can see where the game is currently at (which is already really good) .6 months from now the game will be further along and even better . It’s fun to watch the progress.

#10864 8 months ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

We’ll find someone with artistic talent and paint you up(down?) next time

Face/body painting artist for the next Pinball olympics? Sounds like a great idea ! Make it so .

#10900 8 months ago

I’d be willing to bet that Scott is singing a Journey song in that pic.

#10944 8 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Can you please take this somewhere else.
Just because there's a small handful of people that want to get in a Stern VS Spooky pissing match, please don't lump us all in that camp.

Exactly! I like all types of games from all the manufacturers .

1 week later
#11388 8 months ago

Multiball

3 weeks later
#11781 7 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If garage shot is so hard, just code it so the reward is huge when you get it!
Imagine a massive count down jackpot, like IM and you need to have to hit garage for a huge cash in.
If you don't , you just don't collect.

It is the only way to get the super jackpot

#11808 7 months ago

Just killed it !

17420167-8F08-4C90-934F-7FB250564164 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#11958 5 months ago

Chris is a distributor and handles tech support for Spooky , his info is solid.

2 months later
#12142 86 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It is literally a light year away, most likely.

Light year is a measure of distance , so that is not likely .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside