New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 256899)

Rick & Morty Pinball from Spooky!

By MEuRaH

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12,226 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by waynetrane
  • Topic is favorited by 239 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg
86F056A7-1E21-4BD4-808F-D45B7187B4E7 (resized).jpeg
5E6BE29B-3FF1-4605-B1DC-AEB8F2DEDD79 (resized).jpeg
5144B608-71B9-4E23-88DE-827D25196119 (resized).jpeg
F354F545-7F0F-4745-BFC2-D7F2B54888E1 (resized).jpeg
254F9FAA-E23F-4982-BA39-C5C00FD6DF0E (resized).jpeg
CA484115-F782-4762-A0B8-9E6518EC27A0 (resized).jpeg
C2E297EB-334A-41B8-B080-38EF0A1E314E (resized).jpeg
FE3A164D-037F-4AE0-BFCA-87EC4C289195 (resized).jpeg
FF6BC0D2-EF05-426A-A34F-479FC011E190 (resized).jpeg
09B37974-E19D-4997-B4A9-6D8FA28E29A6 (resized).jpeg
74AA2FAE-392C-4432-BCA3-695A2FBD97B5 (resized).jpeg
96700C97-8906-4F9A-9B9C-7135080B2D32 (resized).jpeg
7AFA7B68-BB6D-4D80-855E-2B9D8B20678D (resized).jpeg
30FB9493-A13A-4DDA-89B2-3A48E05C2CF2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (10 months ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (10 months ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (10 months ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (10 months ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (10 months ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider titanpenguin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2631 10 months ago

So, for those ordering through a distributor, do they need to place an order tomorrow at 9am on the website? It’s a little confusing.

#2640 10 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

No all distributor orders are placed with them directly they each take orders in their own way. Only spooky direct sales on our website.

Fantastic. Thanks for clarifying!

#2774 10 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Definitely heard a lot of Mr. Meeseeks in that trailer!

And mr. poopybutthole

#2803 10 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Noticed that too. Very creative. Hope it holds up.

I hit metal posts all day in my stern games. Looks like this is the game for me!

#2805 10 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I’m going to get rewarded for hitting a post? Awesome! I am very good at hitting posts .

Youre in good company!

#2966 10 months ago
Quoted from rai:

No. I think the last part just referring to the entire game. No expense spared. It’s not well written at all. Should be a feature matrix or point list. But all games should play the same and same sound package etc.

Spooky has made no claims that the BSE is anything other than an upgraded armor and powder coating package. You are correct all games play the same regardless of trim level.

#3620 10 months ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

And to think non members had a shot....smh

It was never really a limiting factor though. You could still buy your membership today.

#4129 10 months ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Actual confirmed number? 3000? His last 8 podcast were about the same topic Rick and Morty. Yeesh

I don’t think anybody listens to his podcast for his opinions, just for the inside info he gets.

#4132 10 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Is it way to early to start suggesting to Spooky a next title? Now that it has been totally proven that a company can come out and announce there is a LIMITED number to be produced and succeed. How about some other titles that should be limited to 1000 or less.
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Bill and Ted Excellent Adventure
Evil Dead

Any one of those would sell 750, but not in under 4 hours.

#4524 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hmm.
I'm not sure if I get Rick and Morty.

Get Schwifty was a jam.

#4585 10 months ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I got a doo doo in my butt and I don’t know what to do

Biologically speaking, the butt is a nut

#4650 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Yeah - That image of Pickle Rick will apparently not be on the Production Playfield.

No, what was said is he is hidden. My guess is under the flipper, or under a playfield feature that moves.

#4653 10 months ago
Quoted from zene10:

Great, now we're playing hide the pickle.

Who told you? LOL

#4765 10 months ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

Since this thread seems to be in feature request mode.... How about a "practice" mode that, with a different start sequence (e.g. holding in magnasave button when pressing start), lets the player pick a mode\multiball to play outside of a normal game?
I believe Wrath of Olympus has something similar and it's always seemed like a spectacular way to play\practice modes that are deeper into a ruleset.

Like GB Are you a God mode.

#5580 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Designing/animating 750 incidental characters for a few seconds of screen time would cause a studio walkout lol

Mr. meseeks stand-ins. LMAO

#5584 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As someone who makes animated shows, I’m biased...I see an idea like that and think “FUUUUCK NOOOOO” lol

Make it so the meseeks have name badges. They could focus on those complaining about those selling their spots and start a fight over it. lol

#5660 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s a very slow production. They got a 70 episode pick up...of those 5, have aired. They’ll prob get out 10-15 eps next year.
I just got this in the mail. Could probably make for a fun mod on the playfield with some LEDs behind the portal![quoted image][quoted image]

I have those from the kids and their loot crates. And this beauty as well:

image (resized).jpg
#5714 10 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Sure!
The locking mechanism is not that complicated. It is a horse shoe loop with 2 drop targets at the openings. There is a center post right int he middle of the horseshoe. There are 2 sets of optos on each side of the mech behind the drop targets and one set of long throw optos in the front of the drop targets and the scoop. The long throw opto set is there to give the software a heads up that there is an incoming ball at high speed. It's actually a super cool assembly that uses all off the shelf parts, which I am a huge fan of. In this configuration, you can load 3 balls into the lock.
The phases of the lock mech can be this:
Open Loop:
Both drop targets down, with no attempt to capture a ball. This will act as a super high speed turn around from both directions.
Ready to capture 1 ball:
When a lock is qualified, the mech will still leave both drop targets down. A ball can be captured by shooting the lock in either direction. This will capture the ball on one side.
1 ball in lock, but number 2 not qualified:
This is a cool situation, both drop targets will be up in this case and will allow you to transfer the ball from one side to another, or use it as a captive ball by putting center post up.
1 Ball in lock, ball 2 lock qualified:
The first locked ball in this case will act as a captive ball and ball 2 can be locked on the opposite side. The drop will be open and ready for the second lock on the opposite side of where ball 1 is captured.
2 balls in lock:
After ball 2 is locked, the balls can act as 2 separate captive balls in 2 separate locks by the up post keeping them separate. Another thing I was thinking about, but is going to make Eric kill me, is that we could allow someone to put a 3rd ball in the lock by hitting one of the locked balls and letting it double stack on the other side with the other ball. Then open up the empty side and ready it for lock 3. This is just an idea at the moment, and not sure if we will use it. This also opens up other cool ways of separating the balls again into a 2 locked scenario.
There are a bunch of possibilities with this thing and we are working hard on making it as fun as possible. Right now, it is very fun to play and has been very reliable. Eric knows his shit. This is just one of the super exciting mechanical aspects of this layout that I love. Well, I hope that was enough for you guys to digest for a while.
--Scott

Sure beats the pants off a moving projector screen/ramp if you ask me

#5765 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Call or text at 3am. He'll think it's Ritchie Wrench and get right on it.
LTG : )

Lol, and ask for spot #12

#5770 10 months ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Well if he is waiting for people to switch to BSE, buy fang club memberships, etc then Yeah that can take awhile I assume

That and nothing is going to change until production starts, so what’s the big rush?

#5808 10 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

TWISTED PANTIES
TAKE TWO
ACTION!

I feel dirty just for watching, but I can’t avert my eyes.

#5819 10 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Boom just got my confirmation email
[quoted image]
Joke post in case you take this seriously

Love it. Had me laughing hard wondering how many folks were going to be worked up into a fit. I feel for Joe though, I think you may have just inadvertently blew his phone up. For his sake, I hope he has it turned off.

#5864 10 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That isn't fully the theory I was writing out there though, not quite. The vacant bank drop must Not be allowed to drop at all, untill After 3 ball a side pin is raised, and time confirms it after pin raises. Then and only then can the vacant bank target drop when the 4th ball is aproaching. Lock side drop is forced to stay up if it is hit (or maybe not, as a kind of "fail").
Considering the scenario, as you describe; If that happened it would pass the empty side optos anyway, thereby "knowing" the ball did not go all the way or stay there (get captured there 3up). Also, the code should not be allowing the "vacant" target to dropat all until the third ball being on the other side is confirmed (by "time"). After x seconds the pin is raised. Still no empty side optos triggered during given time, then allow vacant drop/lock to become open when the 4th ball now aproaches it (long opto).
I think the "almost made it" ball behaviour can well be acounted for.
If it can't be reasonably done then it can not be done. Can't hurt to throw the thoughts out there anyway

"Don't break your back creating a lesson Morty, It's a free form anthology, I'm getting annoyed you're not hearing that."

#5914 10 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Keep up the fight!

I second that! Don’t give up, and fight all the way.

#5920 10 months ago

Peace out fellow R&M fans. Family time starts now.

#6067 10 months ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

For those not very familiar with the show, here's a very early incarnation in which grandpa Rick asks his nephew Morty to lick his testicles. Over and over again. It's the humor of the show. They don't go as far these days, but to the dude who was highly offended by the bash toy idea (which was a joke to begin with), you should really learn about a subject matter before ranting about it, especially in a thread filled with fans of said subject matter.

Wasn’t it a parody of back to the future then? As in they were not related?

#6161 9 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Lotss of room in the garage for a really cool Pepper's Ghost effect for the swirling portal! I hope Scott is listening.

let the modders come up with it. scott and the spooky team have already cooked up a real winner

#6169 9 months ago

you forget that in order to keep the build numbers consistent with BSE all being built first, Joe would have to move one of his builds to accommodate a standard, correct? That means switching lots of things around.

#6197 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Sold out” doesn’t always mean sold out, in fact it usually doesnt. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve bought primo seats for “sold out” concerts days before the show on ticketmaster. Spooky has sold out, distributors haven’t.
Also, the initial FOMO frenzy is over. Given a couple weeks to think about it people may have moved on.
There’s apparently there Rick and morty games available right now here. I’m sure they aren’t the only distributor either.
With people allegedly paying thousands over face for spots seems kind of silly these are just sitting here like a lox.
https://nitropinball.com/products/rick-morty-blood-sucker-edition

A fool and their money are soon parted.

#6216 9 months ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I got some reading to do here on this Topic -- Need Cliffy Notes on this thing

Long and short of it, #12 is taken. LMAO

#6497 9 months ago
Quoted from estrader:

Hilarious but the fact remains that a company promised if you purchased one of their games you would be able to purchase future games before new customers....this didnt happen. I relied on this company to live up to their promise to perform as I pay for my games in full and hold up my end of the deal. Call it what you want its your opinion but I hope you dont find yourself in this situation one day.
If you dont want to read my comments simply skip over them.

I usually don’t like to call people out, but this kinda irks me. Your complaint was covered under the announcement of the Fang Club back in October. It was clearly stated by Spooky that they were implementing the Fang Club as they had grown too large to simply offer games only to previous customers. From Spookys announcement:

“Then 2 things happened... namely Total Nuclear Annihilation, and Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle! These games sold more than all our other games combined (not bad huh?!). So if you (and I mean we) can only make 500 games a year, and we now have well over 1,000 customers.... WHAT DO WE DO???
This is what we do... we announce the SPOOKY PINBALL FANG CLUB! Yes, it's another one of those blood sucking attempts to cash in.“

You had ample notice of the change in policy. We all did. I’m just happy to have a had a chance at the game. Under the old model, no one outside of the previous policy would have had a chance.

#6689 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It's the inevitable Plumbus shooter rod people will really go for.
(not for me thanks)

Or a terry fold shooter, if it had a shooter rod

#6767 9 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

How about a neutrino bomb cup holder?[quoted image]

Just don’t send me one of the drunkenly improvised versions.

#6904 9 months ago
7FA174C6-229F-456D-8E20-E6DD7F61D311 (resized).jpeg
#6954 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

So they can run into Harry Potter or Luke Skywalker (or do they need to change the actual names and just make it resemble those characters)?
———
I see this now : (Internet so take it with a grain of salt) How do parody laws work?
In its most general sense, a fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner.
———-
It’s just odd you can almost straight out copy (parody) a work for free but if you so much as borrow a few notes on a song like Blurred Lines it can cost you millions.

Robot chicken parodies everything from the 80’s and 90’s. No names are changed. Weird Al parodies music for a living....

#6962 9 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Actually he doesn’t. He always asked first but was not legally obligated to do so.

Ive always respected him for that. Never needed to, but always did. Most artists were flattered he wanted to parody them, but some were not.

#7090 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No Jerry. I bought two games.
Paid in full for the one that will be going on route right away (like I always do, to allow others to play it, get exposure for Spooky, and help provide feedback from initial run so everyone else gets and even better game).
My personal game for home won’t be built for another 42 weeks.

A470723A-88E9-4640-AEAD-71A967521FD1 (resized).png
#7159 9 months ago
Quoted from cmack750:

#545 through #550 are all Standard Editions. Again, all will be built after the BSEs.
My GUESS is that standard Editions will be built in spot number order as well, just after the BSEs are done.

Well, you just made all the BSE folks after 550 happy as they will all get their games a week earlier than originally thought!

#7160 9 months ago

Repost

#7301 9 months ago
Quoted from chooch:

It's all about who you know. Kaneda supposedly got a number less then 86 from Pinball Star.

Not really “who you know” as much as having an existing relationship with a large distributor. Distributors commit to buying anywhere from 10-100 games or more, so naturally they will have a lot of spots. Given we know Pinball Star had spots in the 50’s range, it doesn’t sound like K got that big of a special treatment.

#7338 9 months ago

i think we need a Tyler Hollinger's Man Babies episode of this thread. Id link a vid, but some of them are NSFW.

#7420 9 months ago
Quoted from Airball:

Wow, 86 is low.

Well, you do know he does State Farm commercials, right?

#7528 9 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What I want to know.....by hitting the Flooblecrank are we really just powering Scott Danesi’s car?

There’s always AAA

#7544 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Will all the flooble cranks be the same size? I'm hoping my has a little more girth so I can whack it easier.

You’re stuck with the flooble crank Spooky sends ya. You’ll just have to make do like the rest of us.

#7553 9 months ago

Definitely a lot of chairorpians in this thread.

#7638 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Charlie already said somewhere that he looks forward to working with Adult Swim into the future. At first I thought it was regarding other AS themes (like Squidbillies , but the more stuff I read and listen to, it's becoming clearer he was talking about updating R&M with future content from the show.
Apologies for not having links for what he said. I believe it was in his first couple statements announcing the game.

My kids would love to see dragon ball, my hero academia, or one punch man pinball. I have to admit, I enjoy watching the shows with them.

#7710 9 months ago

wow, that is totally freaking awesome on Spooky's part!

#7730 9 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Spinning portal and flashing kalaxian crystals!

CLpOnnN (resized).png
#7738 9 months ago

Knockers and plumbuses topper! ROFL

#7868 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sleepy Jeff.

You mean Sleepy Gary?

#8044 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do people use headphones on their pins in home? Pinballs are loud...even without sound...

put the glass back on, it cuts the sound down a ton

#8060 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

So the talk has turned from loud knockers to quiet headphones. Only on pinside...

And fondling knobs

#8114 9 months ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

That’s a damn fine pair of boobies !

C23C901C-713C-4369-A1DF-216232F411FC (resized).jpeg
#8120 9 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’d be shocked if 100 made it on route. Most are being bought by home collectors. You’re new, so time to learn: Don’t cargument. The difference between pinballs and cars - cars are boring and sit there like a boring box on wheels. Pinballs in collector’s homes are games, easy to start up and can/will be played a lot by family & friends.
Spooky is a boutique pinball company. It’s geared toward small batches/home game buyers.

I’d be shocked if 50 made it out on route.

#8267 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

After rewatching the show....I feel like this game would have benefitted from 3-4 of these portals around the PF with staged balls coming out in 3 or 4 different places. I know it's a $$ pipe dream, but one can dream...

It technically has two places the ball exits. When there is no ball qued in the portal return, it loads one in the shooter lane. At least that’s what has been said in the pod casts.

#8274 9 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

But it was also stated that this would be an error/fault, and that there is always intended to be a ball staged in the re-entry kickout.

Hence the “technically” but could easily be coded to do the same intentionally.

#8492 9 months ago
A341F9D4-B0DA-4A08-A809-2FEA4E11B11D (resized).jpeg
#8597 9 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Welp. I got my tube today or should I say shaft because that’s how I feel about now.
First off it was drop shipped from the printer so I lost the pleasure of having spookys hands on my tube (1st pic)
Second, the tape job on the ends of my tube tube is all wrinkly and a cheap thin grade of tape at that (2nd pic)
Third, it was sprinkly out today, god forbid it’s was actually raining hard or I would have ended up with a soggy tube (3rd pic)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sucks, but you can’t blame spooky for a bad delivery driver.

DCA9EA9F-8DBB-47AA-872C-1F0E8B3B0DB9 (resized).jpeg
#8640 9 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think complaining about tape and the type of poster inside the tube is a new low for Pinside.
I used to think I was super negative but I’m Mary fucking Poppins compared to you guys.

7750782E-7DFF-4BF1-B9FE-8DE85F391ADD (resized).jpeg
#8647 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will take that bet.
If we see game related info in the next 30 days (game play, stream, etc...) then you stay out of all Rick and Morty threads for good.
If we dont see game related info in the next 30 days (game play, stream, etc...) then I will go on your favorite podcasters show.
deal?
I am even down grading your 'months' to the bare minimum of 30 days.

If only there was a way on the forums that you could click a button and not have to see troll posts.......

#9014 8 months ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

I think I see mine!!!! #653

me too, at least some of the pieces in the box maybe on the shelf in the far corner

#9015 8 months ago

nice job on the topper, cant wait to see it in action

#9024 8 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Wondering why only one has it...

It’s an option

#9096 8 months ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

Yup same here, got a LONG while and I will order just about everything too!
Not sure on the purple coin door though.
[quoted image]
Here’s my order form Spooky... just look back at this post in about 14/15 months!

You forgot the most important part, checking off on actually ordering a machine!

#9109 8 months ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

[quoted image]

“Temporary superintelligence is just a side effect of the mega seeds dissolving in your rectal cavity.”

#9149 8 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thinks he is a funny guy[quoted image]

F635CBB2-5685-4B2F-A59F-3570C1A68F78 (resized).png
#9243 8 months ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

I thought it was top of eldest slut dragons staff for a sec

Quoted from JustEverett:

Anything is a dildo if you're brave enough...[quoted image]

tenor (resized).png
#9245 8 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think its Clase Azul Tequila bottle, but it could also be a dildo.[quoted image]

that is some damn good tequila.

#9259 8 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

That “Morty gets a dragon“ episode was so great I nearly pissed myself.

Why ask questions? Why not just have fun?

#9274 8 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I got it from your wife....

That can definitely be taken the wrong way. Or the right way if that’s what your into. Hopefully a giraffe wasn’t involved.

4853C0CB-F5BF-4564-8751-F6244DAD9AD6 (resized).jpeg
#9337 8 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

[quoted image]

Love that meme. So many applications.

#9706 8 months ago
397813CE-2CD2-47CF-906A-D2ED09A3DAC1 (resized).png
#9708 8 months ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Just curious if there is anyone else like me on this thread. I have never watched an episode, have no desire to watch an episode. So all this pickle shit and other stuff is greek to me.
I do have one in the double digits that I should get in about a month to go out on to location, and only got it to route it. I make sure to get pretty much every new title out to a location for a short time and then either add it to the collection or sell it. Since I personally cant stand animated shows (south park, family guy, and R&M) this title will never make it to my collection, so it will find a new home 3 to 6 months after I get it. I take a gamble on putting out so many new machines (musters pro, cough, cough) but this one might pan out since so many people want it.
ps, dont message me to buy this spot, mine will be routed, and it will be routed for a minimum of 3 months, from then on, well I cant say. if it is killing it in earnings, it will stay, if not, ill find a new home for it

You need to watch the show. I even have my parents who are in their 60’s, and mother in law in her 70’s watching it.

#9717 8 months ago
Quoted from Monte:

Yet, you still own a Rocky and Bullwinkle.

93E22C07-4017-41E5-B494-82559A49C4AD (resized).jpeg
#9722 8 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

[quoted image]

9319A2E9-0FF2-461B-990D-346062D22C17 (resized).png
#9931 8 months ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Bowen still playing after they went back to the show. “Bitch, you haven’t sent one to me yet-and i code it. Im playing”

Love it. That should be the pinball quote of the year.

#10195 8 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You serious. Boss_flog was making more judgment than Judge Judy on Mother’s Day. Expressing a list of opinions is one thing, and I agree with some of what he said, but this....

He is either pissed he didn’t get one, or is trying to get someone to bail on their spot.

#10239 8 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I used to think it was funny when people misunderstood that concept...
With the advent of WrongSpeak, it's not nearly as humerous.

You ain’t kidding.

#10268 8 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Not a new thing for pinball. One of the snack bar awards in CFTBL is a NEW CAR, but nobody has ever collected it.

Deadpool is loaded with strange mystery awards.

#10282 8 months ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

So I just found the rick and morty sound track and it looks like get schwifty was recorded in c-131, my build number. Kick ass. I wonder who got 137. That would’ve been a great number to get. Anyone else have a cool number that may or may not correspond to the series?

Be careful posting low build numbers. Those Rickless Morty’s will come for blood.

#10291 8 months ago
Quoted from Morinack:

That's pretty funny.
I had not made that connection.
As we play as Mortys anyone that didnt get a pin ordered can be seen as one of those unfortunate "Poor Rickless bastards".

Pretty much all of us with a long wait.

CFCB4D57-2057-4C1A-806C-278A79A9BE43 (resized).jpeg
#10293 8 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

As Fork Morty I'm just going to start walking the other way right now...

2483E8D7-6157-4797-B121-DF0C34734CB2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#11164 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Let's be honest here. The whole 'sold out in 4 hours' was a bunch of typical pinball business hype BS. There were a bunch of games available for the next week or so. I mean yea, it was cool they sold so many so fast, but the reality is, they only had half of them on the website, and the rest were alotted to distros, and in typical fashion there was a bunch of misdirection regarding how many were still up for grabs in addition to people changing their minds on buying and/or bought too many by accident. The whole 'secretive' pinball distro system is archaic and needs to go away.
As has been already discussed, Spooky had some takeaways regarding how the sale went, and I'm sure the next one will go smoother. Yes, there are going to be people who didn't even know it was coming out that might be mad they missed out. If I hadn't been on this website, reading the right thread at the right time, I probably would have missed out too.
Now, where the people who missed out can take comfort is in being patient. It is still hard to say if after the hype and FOMO die down if people will be paying a premium for used ones, or ones still waiting another year to receive theirs.

There was nothing secretive about the process. Spooky announced ahead of time their distributors had an allotment. They announced ahead of time they were doing the fang club since they had more previous customer then games to go around. They even announced the date sales would open ahead of time. The only thing the went a little wonky was the website, which was out of their hands given the number of people that tried to buy direct vs. go through a distributor. You have to remember, distributors commit to buying x number of games, which is guaranteed money for spooky. Without that, every game would be a gamble to keep the doors open. It’s why stern and JJP use distributors as well. It’s money you can count on vs being stuck with inventory.

#11226 8 months ago
DF0FF67F-A6C8-4851-BB35-176553BC11EC.gif
#11234 8 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

It might a Pinside rumor, but I heard the engagement is off. [quoted image]

Odin is ready!

#11310 8 months ago
Quoted from flecom:

dunno, maybe locations that previously had spooky machines? I hope I can still make money on this machine by the time I get it in ~7 months if not it will definitely by my only spooky machine

because they don't artificially limit them so everyone that wants one can buy one, not this artificial scarcity nonsense... also most of my sterns are definitely not worth half of what I paid for them... some have even gone up in value... ex. Tron... and even if it was I would not care since it's paid for itself several times over
also I love how everyone in this thread that doesn't fawn over spooky and participate in the circle jerk is downvoted to infinity, pinside is getting worse than reddit

Well, when you step foot into a thread to bitch and complain you have to wait for a boutique pinball for a year, you're going to have people who think your complaints are not only unwarranted, but a tad inflammatory considering you knew this going in...
FEC890D7-3ABF-427A-A80E-0F2ED14C8049.gif

3E9B6D05-E6DF-4326-97E8-600AC1D5D076 (resized).jpeg
#11315 8 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What is this second picture??

Lol, a fool thinking he can throw money at something and get what he wants.

#11316 8 months ago
Quoted from flecom:

oh no who's butthurt now? :p

not me. That’s who. You on the other hand may need some preparation H, or desitin, not sure on your age yet.

#11330 8 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Oddly specific lol

FFB96181-9442-494E-AC3A-0DFC75DECE96 (resized).png
1 week later
#11438 7 months ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

The last number to ship will likely be 749.
Thank you, ill be here all internet.

52FACB5A-FDA4-4AE8-9C35-340783FF2C22.gif
#11488 7 months ago

What Spooky could do, is bring back Rick and Morty in 3-4 years, mid way through the new 70 episodes. They can re-theme domino's or jetsons, and make it the doofus rick dimension version where they eat poop! The whole game can revolve around becoming friends with Jerry while the other Ricks tease you relentlessly!

source.gif
#11493 7 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Just sharing my perspective. I'm certainly no expert. I'm sure the distributors and manufactures could list plenty of reasons they work together that haven't even been mentioned.

8EB9D8BF-8A38-498B-AA46-CD627E19D050 (resized).jpeg
#11506 7 months ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I don’t care when I get my game . I am just happy that I am getting one.
#647 is a long way away and I’m fine waiting for however long it takes to get it.

5F55FD2E-D252-4CC2-B64A-255F4031336C (resized).jpeg
#11531 7 months ago
Quoted from gutz:

What do you tell a Morty with two black eyes? Nothing you haven't already told him twice.

“Shut up Rick. I just want to go home......“

1 week later
#11777 7 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I enjoy listening to Kaneda but from personal experience his reaction to the two shots is greatly exaggerated. Yes they are challenging. Garage shot I found easier than that spinner one but I don’t think any adjustments was made to it as the game still had packaging on the ship! I still could hit 2-3 per game. Once tweaked I’m sure it will be more.
Bigger takeaway is a clear message to spooky. Tweak the spinner shot BEFORE you ship this. Knowing them I’m sure they’ll listen and take the necessary action. I would not let those two shots sway you from passing on it completely.

I thought they have been, along with the wire form off the shooter lane? Wasn’t it said it’s from shipping? Maybe add some foam to help keep those items from bouncing around too much?

#11780 7 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If garage shot is so hard, just code it so the reward is huge when you get it!
Imagine a massive count down jackpot, like IM and you need to have to hit garage for a huge cash in.
If you don't , you just don't collect.

it kinda reminds me of the Stan shot in SP, if you dont hit that dead nuts on, it gets caught in the pops or just rattles half way up and falls back down.

#11806 7 months ago

What about the gambit skill shot in X-men? I think I’ve hit it once in 5 years.

#11866 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I been collecting pins for 18 years. I've fixed a few boards, rebuilt some flippers, shopped some games, but I don't know shit about exotic cars.
All I'm saying is that 5 or 6 months from now I shouldn't have to search for these "bend the rail" pics and instructions. Any holes that need to be drilled to move this or that, I'm not interested. That's actually the only reason I posted. I'm looking at the guy with his pics of bending the rail over the flipper so the ball doesn't hop.
I'm glad the early people are bringing up all the issues and hope whatever I need to dial in is none of this.

Went through the same things with GB, WOZ, DP, AVENGERS, MET, ACDC...every game I have ever bought, as well as friends KISS, and IRON MAIDEN has required some tweaking here and there. Shipping shakes the game around a lot. Manufacturing tolerances vary from game to game too. It is what it is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Benton, WI
9,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider titanpenguin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside