20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1540 4 years ago

I joined the Fang Club tonight. Looking forward to seeing this game.

#2491 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This would be my first Spooky pin, How is the quality of the Spooky pins?
Are they reliable, the TNA at Sunshine Laundromat often seems to be out of commission quite often, whereas all of the other (Bally, Williams, Stern) pins pretty much are always operational and in great shape.

My experience with my Spooky pin (TNA, Danesi rocks!) has been spectacular. No issues of any kind and their quality control has been better than Stern’s. Charlie et al care about the quality of what they put out in the market (I’m not saying other manufacturers do not care, but I’ve received Sterns with upside down decals and things like that which would not happen with Spooky since Charlie looks over each machine).

#2693 4 years ago

Will the butter cabinets BS editions be built before the regular BS editions? I know they make the butter cabs in batches as well.

#2817 4 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

bowen is on rules so i’m sure they will rock

I am hoping Scott gets a good share of input on the rules as well. TNA is incredibly well coded, Scott has a great eye for what’s fun and intuitive.

I mean the above as absolutely no knock on Bowen, I have confidence in him as well of course...but Scott is the reason my family is in on this title no questions asked. We were ecstatic to see he was doing some of the music.

#2870 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I still haven’t received an email and I am a fang member.

Same here. Probably won’t impact our ability to order.

#2904 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Am I the only fang club person left that never got an email?

You are not. I also did not receive the email. I am hoping I don’t have grief ordering in five hours without linking in from that email. I don’t have a password or anything to prove my Fang Club membership.

#3390 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Bowen just shared on Facebook that less than 100 machines are still available, wow

Holy smokes! No way! If that is true this sells out today then for sure. Rarehero really must have hit the nail on the head about the RAM fan base...not that I doubted Rarehero as he has good insights, but we’ve heard predictions similar to that before about rabid fan basis like KISS that never materialized into pinball.

#3496 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Can we get a game page made now that we have pictures, orders are in, all the details are out, etc?

The current Pinside policy is the game must have shipped before the club thread is opened. We are close to being able to have it opened if they are starting production right after Christmas. Should be super soon.

#3906 4 years ago

Has Spooky ever done a factory topper? That would be awesome on this game, a great way for them to make some extra money on the theme too!

#5565 4 years ago

BSE number 115 is coming to Louisiana and I haven’t been this excited for a new machine since TNA!

I like this list you are running by the way, people often say Pinside is a small percentage of the pinball market but it is certainly a sizable percentage of the sales of this fantastic title.

#5624 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Here are a few of a FT butter cabinet. You really need to see a butter in person.

How did you get butter on a FT? That looks amazing by the way. Blown way way way away!

#5673 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm going to hold off to see what Scott does with the light shows, it's very possible that there are some very nuanced and directional effects which may be affected by having mirrored effects. Something like the black mirror blades might work better. Lots of time to see and decid

This is a great point. We need to ask Scott for a recommendation on mirrors vs blades.

#5678 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

nice if there was a mirrored + art like green mirror with swirls.

Metallica had a lot of blades that were part mirror part art. I have a set in mine. They look great. R&M could have some special ones along those lines designed as well. I’d be in for a set.

#5917 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

PS. In the spirit of Rick and Morty I have attached a picture of myself last week after they screwed a halo into my skull and put a space helmet on me just before they wheeled me into the radiation chamber.

Sorry to read this my friend. You’ve been an amazing member of this community for years, always putting a good perspective into everything you comment on. Best wishes to you and your family this holiday season.

#5987 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Danesi stated earlier that he preferred to use his BOM budget on things that actually affect gameplay and make for a better pinball experience - like second ball troughs, Danesi locks, divertors, incredible rgb everywhere.

Exactly, we can put in whatever mods and plastic figures we want on our respective games. I’ve never understood why people feel the need to do this, but more power to them if an action figure here or there puts a smile on their face. Scott made the 100% right call not worrying about molded toys on the playfield in my opinion...it’s a waste of BOM to have molded toys made.

If the light show on R&M matches the light show on TNA I’ll be super impressed. In my opinion the best light shows in pinball history are (in order) TNA, WOZ, ST (LE/Prem) and MBrLE. After those four there is a significant drop off before you reach the next tier (led by Tron). Someone earlier asked about mirror blades vs artwork, usually I go with mirror blades in games but will wait for Scott’s recommendation on this game.

#6098 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Doesn't appear so...I have a feeling he won't have a problem getting one though.

I’m confident he has an early one coming. I hope so anyway. His love of pinball has literally introduced pinball to millions of people. To those that haven’t watched his past pinball streams with Mr. Danger I encourage you to do so. I’m no huge fan of “influencers” generally but Jeffree Star is awesome.

#6263 4 years ago

Ah, one of the many awesome things about Greece...Rick & Morty is not only available on Netflix here (even season 4 is available) but also legal to download.
0A1DFF0E-4B45-4F67-82BC-1EDA2EA3E12D (resized).jpeg0A1DFF0E-4B45-4F67-82BC-1EDA2EA3E12D (resized).jpeg

#6382 4 years ago

I believe Charlie said ACNC was finishing up around Christmas and the line would turn over to R&M before the new year. Do we know if this has happened as of yet? Thanks!

#6388 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Listened to another podcast with Bowen and callouts are going to be epic

Link it here so I can key post mark it please. Thanks!

#6626 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

We might need clarification. Earlier in this thread I'm pretty sure Spooky said that trades go to the back of the line. That is a big incentive not to trade or spot sell.

We do not need clarification, that was never said. A couple users keep mistakenly repeating it every now and again but it is not how this works.

#6677 4 years ago

Does anyone know if Spooky is going to design a factory topper? I know they’ve not done this before but this would be the perfect title to design one and we know Scott would make it interactive and amazing. It may finally be a topper cooler than the D&D one from the 80’s or the fish tank from TWD.

Seems like this would be something to help add some more bucks to Spooky. Though they could certainly design it in house it could be outsourced for production. They’d probably sell 300 of them...at the minimum.

#6680 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

There's video of an Alice Cooper topper they've made. I don't know if it's for sale yet or not.

Ah, I had no idea they made a factory one before. That’s awesome! I wish they’d do one for TNA too.

#6696 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

FYI - The Scott Danesi interview starts at 59:10.
You are welcome.

Link please good sir!!! Thanks!!!

#6715 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Sounds like a midnight madness mode

It would be incredible to have a midnight madness, 1 am madness, 2 am madness, holy crap your still up at 3 am madness...

#6737 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

They're going to be shipping $70K worth of R&Ms per week here very shortly. But yes, topper would be great addition to their catalog.

They should get trilogybeer to make some pingulps and sell those as well. I bought two (one for each side) for my TNA. Trilogy’s work on pingulps is simply the best.

#7011 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That should've been a key post

And now it is!

By the way, check out this awesome Christmas present that I just found in my kitchen. It was left at my house by a really awesome Pinsider who fixed my Twilight Zone machine while I was out the last couple of weeks on holiday.

93CEF9EC-61EF-47AB-BA62-00EF16438F31 (resized).jpeg93CEF9EC-61EF-47AB-BA62-00EF16438F31 (resized).jpeg
#7030 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Finally does anybody even know what Rick’s beverage choice is? It might be gin or grain alcohol or moonshine, but since it is never revealed, we need a super sleuth to solve this mystery. Anybody on Team Spooky know what Rick drinks?

It’s something derived from the Mega seeds he was harvesting in the first episode has always been my guess.

#7065 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

My guess is that it’s unveiled like the first videos of TNA....Scott and Jack Danger delivering Rick and Morty #1 to Ed Robertson and a live stream at Ed’s house. I’m thinking some time in the next week or two.

That would be awesome. That was one of my favorite streams ever with the Genisis fading into TNA to start.

#7081 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So am I to understand there's a game that can be played now at Spooky HQ?

Could be the prototype, I’ve not seen anyone infer it’s a production game.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'll say 1st game play that I'll see will be 12-17-2020. When I do my unboxing. Unless I see one on location.

Gosh, I’m tempted to do this as well but I’m just not confident in my will power to avoid the streams!

#7110 4 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Some good new info from Scott on the latest super awesome pinball show, including that the software is able to be updated in the future with content from future series, hence the season 4 characters on the play field. Also stated that the R&m artist from the series did the game artwork,
worth a listen

Fantastic news! Link it and I’ll key post Mark it. Thanks.

#7181 4 years ago

I hope that doesn’t start causing some weird IP issues and ownership disputes over characters and other things. Death of co-founders frequently leads to legal issues over IP that can be problematic to say the least.

#7197 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

When somebody has a game.
Wait .. I have a game.
It's the janky whitewood; but it's a game!

Yep, the club thread already exists. Scott is the OP of the club thread. It’s locked temporarily till game one ships pursuant to current Pinside rules on club threads for specific games.

Club threads are (of course) moderated differently than normal threads, there is little tolerance for negativity, complaining, or baiting in club threads and some people in this thread would have been ejected from a club thread. We want “pre-release“ drama, speculation, art critics, debating and the typical pre-release complaining to stay quarantined in the hype threads...which for R&M is this thread.

#7200 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

and it's official then? R&M?

I believe that was the general consensus and Robin fixed the bug that was causing it to quote awkwardly.

#7600 4 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Idea for a multiplayer Topper...

I’m almost certainly going to get whatever the factory topper will be. I really like the idea of the topper recognizing the player. That would be pretty incredible. I’d be happy with something similar to the AFMr LE topper though, that thing is incredible. Heck, the D&D 80’s game topper is incredible and considerably adds to the light show. I’m excited to see what they might come up with.

Do we know for certain there will be a factory topper?

#7652 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

It's my first post on the topic. Not sure what to rest from?

Cliff notes - The DLC debate has been raging since before Christmas in the Stranger Things thread and some even spilled over into this thread briefly. We do not want that debate to take over the thread, like it did in Stranger Things. Hence, the hostility your first post on the subject generated. There are other threads where this discussion can be had and it’s not peculiar to R&M and we are all having a lot of fun in this thread without having a discussion on a topic like DLC.

#7720 4 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Looks like free toppers for all

Holy smokes that is incredibly generous and vastly above and beyond what anyone was expecting. Thank you so much Spooky!

#7754 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

And if you really appreciate Spooky Pinball and I do....
please make your payments by way of check to help them avoid the cc fees. They’ve proven that you will get a game!

This is a superb point that can’t be emphasized enough. Like others have said I’ll buy some more extras for my machine as well.

#7921 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Powder coated coindoor is a new add on. The regular door is $225 and the bill acceptor ready door is $250

That looks incredible. I’m in for sure on the powder coat. Do we know if the head set will need the bill validator slot?

#8271 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Honestly, for me the "straw that broke the camels back" in terms of deciding to order this pin was hearing the video promo with Scott's interpretation of the R&M theme music, and finding out that he was creating a bunch of custom music for the game. I'm confident that the music wil be one of the pillars of the game.

Scott’s music is simply out of this world. I really never thought any pin would have better music than the Daft Punk featured Tron...then TNA smoked it. Check out Scott’s remix of the Queen song from the Flash Gordon movie. We were jamming that in our house last night.

R&M is going to be a special pin. It’ll win a boat load of TWIPY awards next year.

#8304 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The key to pingulps is to have them on every game so that you can put your drink in the game next to the one that you're playing to prevent spillage.

The real key to pingulps is to have two on your TNA, since it is the best four player game in the history of pinball.

04A546E7-AEE9-4D03-AF3F-B445624B07BC (resized).jpeg04A546E7-AEE9-4D03-AF3F-B445624B07BC (resized).jpeg
#8352 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I saw the poster and was expecting something a bit more “hang worthy”, that’s all.

To my memory you didn’t pre-order this game at all or join the fang club so you really were not expecting anything correct?

I think the gifts are nice. Thank you again Spooky.

#8358 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the Spooky movie podcast ( highly recommend a listen if you like horror movies) Charlie mentioned going to Atlanta Feb 7-9 for the Days of the Dead horror convention. He said they would also be delivering a game to Adult Swim Headquaters in Atlanta while they are down there for the show.

That’s fantastic news. One day I want to catch one of those horror movie conventions. There is a huge one in Dallas as well. Has to be a ton of fun.

2 weeks later
#9641 4 years ago

Gosh, I am doing my best not to watch the video, I want everything to be new the first time I play it...but this is going to be hard!

1 week later
#10906 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think it's time to unlock the Club thread!

The club thread will be unlocked soon gang.

#11103 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Why would this get shut down?

Quoted from cooked71:

Don't close this thread

Quoted from Zablon:

I agree, I didn't understand why they thought this would get closed.

This thread is in no danger of being closed.

2 months later
#11941 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Are the 750 or whatever rick and Morty's all spooky will ever make, or do you think they will run this again? Not in the market today, but would love to have one one day. The theme is just too good...

750 will be it. Spooky has confirmed there will be no more. If they one day revisit the theme they will make an entirely new game.

1 week later
#12008 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

But can someone please explain to me why people are against asking spooky a question about a re-opening plan.
For better or worse just a quick update. Is it that painful.

Explanation: I don’t think anyone has any issues with anyone wanting to know things, and by all means you can email or call Spooky directly...but the question only needs to be asked once on Pinside. Repeating it multiple times through multiple users accomplishes nothing other than an appearance that the torches and pitchforks are coming out...and that is what people do not like.

Spooky is aware we are interested in when the line starts back up, they will let us know when they know I am sure. Perhaps they are taking this time to do some tweaking to some things. Perhaps they are waiting on confirmation of access to parts. Perhaps their employees would rather continue to receive unemployment Then go back to 9-5. Perhaps they haven’t completed the move to the new facility. Either way, this is their business and they will get with us when they are ready to get with us.

#12049 3 years ago

Gentlemen:

Everyone’s said their peace on the UI matter. No need for anyone to explain themselves further and no need for that aspect of the conversation to continue. Let’s just all move along and talk about other R&M things.

Where is everyone getting the pingulps from for this game? I‘ve ordered one from trilogybeer and his work is amazing if anyone is looking for a reference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
10,500 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.