20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5604 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can’t remember who but I promised a picture of TNA #2 to show scoop quality of pf for spooky games.
This game likely has more play than almost any TNA given how long it has been on route and constant play.
You can see just the slightest amount of wear starting. This is impressive compared to any other game.[quoted image]

Mantis-inspired VUK protection should be the default on all games. Kudos to Spooky for caring about the wear of their product!

R&M will be my first Spooky game...really looking forward to it!

2 weeks later
#7468 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sure... lookup every "service bulletin" on the web from Gottlieb, WMS, etc
Games these days are often modified on later runs. Stern did it with JP2 post... they figured out new protectors on Iron Maiden later... you can go on and on and on.

Remember the 3 revisions on GNR's launch wireform? One of the more dramatic examples of tweaking the ramps after production...

#7825 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Spooky v Stern is really telling something. Stern does make great pins and I applaud them for keeping the torch burning so to speak don’t know what the Pinball landscape would be like today without Stern (I have bought very many pins from Stern over the years at one point I was 100% Stern lineup) but at some point Stern became a bean-counter corporation. In the dark days, cost cuttings were necessary for Stern (out goes PF support saving a few dollars I suppose) but I’d expect when the good times roll Stern would increase quality and value to go with increased cost. I’m not mad whatever if Stern can sell a Munster LE for $9K good on them, however it could have been much more of a great pin if they had put some more effort (imo) instead fo a rehash of a few other layouts and lackluster rules. BM66 (2x-3x the price TDK with not that much more to it ok LCDs but those are cheap nowadays). I’m almost blown away that Stern started to put PF support in the pro pins (thanks Stern) but then I’m realizing that $6k now pros when LEs were $6700 with mirrored back glass not too long ago.

This will be my first Spooky pinball...really looking forward to it!

From my perspective, comparing Stern with Spooky is pointless. Like comparing "Olive Garden" with a small, family-owned Italian restaurant. Spooky currently produces ~500 games per year and Stern is likely north of 15,000 per year!

That's a factor of 30. With that type of output, it's not surprising some Stern games are duds and some have quality issues. Building these games is labor intensive and takes skill, and I imagine the assembly line workers aren't highly compensated. Sure, the bean-counters may have some skin in the game, but the challenges facing Stern are multi-faceted. I hope they can work through their growing pains, since JP2 showed me they are still capable of greatness!

2 weeks later
#8984 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Nothing to do with Purists . What if you have to work on the machine with the power off what if you don't have a tablet or a laptop , the manual that came with my Hobbit is as thick as a phone book it takes forever to scroll through all of that to find what you want . Just another way for companies to save money for something that should be included .

Work on a machine with the power off?

1 month later
#11549 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

ST has service rails, it that an LE ? Or up grade

Stern standardized on service rails and ditched the pegs after Aerosmith IIRC.

#11784 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If garage shot is so hard, just code it so the reward is huge when you get it!
Imagine a massive count down jackpot, like IM and you need to have to hit garage for a huge cash in.
If you don't , you just don't collect.

Like the SIM Card shot in Dialed In...

#11836 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
guy does not even know what the 3rd flipper button does but the game apparently sucks...
gotta love this shit. You can't even make it up.[quoted image]

With all the inane posts on Pinside, I didn't find that post offensive or bizarre.

#11841 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Quote from this review.
"One more thing I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the third button did"
I can understand that random people dont know about stuff like that.
If you are reviewing pinball machines on pinside but you dont have a clue about that button.... I can't take this seriously.

Please. Random posts/comments aren't what I'd call a credible review!

Just because the dude didn't get the third button doesn't mean all other comments are vacuous.

#11861 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I also had the bump. Repositioning the metal guide rail to be straighter and spaced closer to the flipper made the upper flippers shots more consistent, especially when the ball was.going fast (which is often in this game)
In my case, the top of the inner wood rail was right against the rail. I had to take out 2 screws under the playfield holding the the top portion inner wooden rail to the playfield so I could move the wooden rail along with the metal guide down and straighten it. Once the metal guide was where I wanted it, I secured the wood rail back to the playfield. It only moved a small amount so the same holes to hold the wooden rail to the playfiled were still usable.
Also noticed there was a metal post with a rubber ring on it behind the metal guide rail as well. No idea why that would be there since its inaccessible by the ball.[quoted image]

This issue is weirdly similar to JP2 (though less dramatic and in the opposite direction). So clear why the upper flipper shots would be much more difficult without a smooth transition between the guide and the flipper. Hope this gets fixed!

2 months later
#12035 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

While I am a first responder and do not work in the private sector, I have a number of friends who own their own companies and have employees that work for them. The sad truth right now is that most minimum wage employees are making way more on unemployment than they did when they worked and are refusing to go back to work. They have reported these employees for their refusal and every single one of them are still getting their unemployment benefits. The reality is that with the overwhelming number of people collecting unemployment right now, the system is overwhelmed and there are not enough people to follow up on this and do anything about it.
I am afraid to see what this handout has done and what effect it will have in the long run. But right now, people are straight up refusing to come back to work and can get away with it. The few that were contacted about it stated a fear for their health if they go back, and the government bought that as an excuse to continue paying them. The majority just keep collecting with no followup at all. Luckily for my friends, there are still people out there that actually want to work and they have been able to hire some new people to take the vacant spots. But even with the new hires, the old employees get to keep collecting.

Hmm...low income folks are getting a $600 "perk" during a pandemic and everyone is concerned about them "milking the system"?

You are "afraid to see what this handout has done and what effect it will have in the long run."?

Affluent folks get to "milk the system" all day long and no-one blinks.

#12044 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I think you are combining 2 different posts into one and responding to me. I never said anything about "milking the system". I understand the need for the unemployment benefits during the pandemic when businesses were forced to shut down. The problem I am seeing is that when they made it so that you can make MORE money sitting home on unemployment than actually going back to work and earning a living, what motivation is there to get off the sofa? That is the problem that it has created and what I was referring to. I never said anything about "low income folks" getting a "perk" or made this anything about class, as you have. I have worked every day of my life since I was 14 and worked hard for what I have, but am not really considered affluent. Not quite sure why you decided to quote me with your snide response?

Hmm...it's about class, because only low income folks are impacted by $600. I quoted you, because it was a ridiculous comment (not my interpretation of a ridiculous comment).

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Amen... Not quite sure how it derailed into an unemployment conversation, but unfortunately I bit. None of what I was talking about in that derail had anything to do with Spooky anyway so back on track.

You derailed the thread by getting on your soapbox about all the lazy people milking the government.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 300.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Trade
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.