20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#354 4 years ago

Stern can keep Godzilla .

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

R&M is a Hulu exclusive. It’s not on Netflix.

IMG_20191206_235121 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_235121 (resized).jpgIMG20191206230951 (resized).jpgIMG20191206230951 (resized).jpg
#816 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Rick and Morty is on Hulu in the US. Not Netflix.

That's a fair statement , but when people say false comments like" it's not on Netflix " it should be pointed out .

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

This thread sure does show some of the worst toxicity that is prevalent through Pinside, and why some have greatly diminished being here and others have flat out left.
I have never seen one single episode of R&M. I'm happy for the fans. Why do some people HAVE to be assholes to people who are crazy excited about this upcoming title. Really, what does it benefit to be purposefully mean to someone just because it's something you either know nothing about or is "not your theme" ?
Just disgusting and virulent behavior.

I have just read 800 + posts on this thread and everyone has been nothing but cool and entertaining , the worst I have seen is some people say they don't like the theme and don't get it . There was one guy , he mentioned rape culture but besides that everyone has been cool . I think you're looking for something that's not there .

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I never said it didn't exist everywhere and it's why I specially said the US. Wonder if using a VPN and changing your location to outside the US would allow it to show up or if it's tied to the country you setup your Netflix account.

Maybe it's easier to move to OZ so you can get all the uncensored Rick and Morty you want .

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'm 51.... the show started with 1 employee who couldn't stop talking about it a couple years back. He got our son (Bug) to watch a couple episodes... he got me to watch a couple episodes.
Been hooked ever since. Is it crass and silly at times? Yep. I'm not that mature so works on me. It's also some of the wildest and most intelligent sci-fi writing you've ever seen.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!! Glad my kids are old enough to enjoy it with me... or do I enjoy it with them?! Lol.
PICKLE RIIIIIICCCK!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope there is a pickle Rick mode kill the Cockroaches kill the rats destroy the bad guys and end up at counselling

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Be careful what you wish for.

Having a cool theme is one thing.but I don't need lots of mechs , as long as it has cool shots , a couple of ramps and orbits , I'll be happy . The thing I would really like is the have lots of modes , like the show , each episode is like a mode ,it is a mission . If the game has lots of modes and is fairly deep I'll be more than happy .

#1057 4 years ago

Huge improvements coming. Nothing is being held back in this one. Scott wouldn't be happy with anything but insanity! Lol.

IMG_20191207_205125 (resized).jpgIMG_20191207_205125 (resized).jpg
#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Hi can you please give me your Top 20 cartoon list?

IMG20180421120059 (resized).jpgIMG20180421120059 (resized).jpg
#1258 4 years ago

Spooky have the theme the clips and the callouts covered . I really hope the Playfield and code live up to people's expectations but with Scott and Bowen on-the-job I think they're more than halfway there . I hope they pile on the humour , I want to be insulted by Rick when I fail and get a backhanded compliment when I do something good . The humour of this game is what could make it really great .

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Just did bata test on Pickle Rick wizard mode

Pickle Rick wizard mode . AWESOME !!!

IMG_20191209_181407 (resized).jpgIMG_20191209_181407 (resized).jpg
#1397 4 years ago

Any chance we can move on from - number of pins made , Fang Club , spelling and punctuation . I for one would rather hear about possible features , modes and Mechs .
In that spirit , one of my favourite episodes is Rick's car battery , maybe you could have a mode to keep Summer safe and maybe another to get the battery started again . Maybe juggling Rick for multiball ?

#1403 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Show is fantastic
My initial impression were way off. Show is hilarious

It doesn't matter if the pin is good or bad , ( but I think it will be excellent ) it's great to see a whole new group of people discovering Rick and Morty , and seeing what a cool show it is .

#1556 4 years ago

This was linked from the Head to Head podcast , one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time . It's a real court case ! Morty is the judge and Rick is the defendant . If you're easily offended give it a miss , if you are easily offended what are you doing in the Rick and Morty thread .

#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, they believe that bourbon is for drinking (as do I)
bourbon is not like wine in any way in this manner.
What they have done is limit their buyer to those they care to have (i.e. locals that drink, rather than out of staters that flip)
When a company has a product in high demand but a price set by the supplier, then this seems like a great way to ensure you cater to your regulars that actually spend more money in your store.

That doesn't sound very American to me . If it's for sale whether you're a local or from interstate you should be allowed to buy it , drink it , flip it , or do whatever you want .

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Guess I'll return to my masturbation cave until some real info is posted.

So that's how you got the name " Sticky " .

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

they aren’t just going to suddenly open sales randomly.

It would be funny if they did . They should randomly open sales at 2 a.m. that way the most die-hard fans would get theirs first .

#2473 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

A lot of chicks shave these days.

It's better when they wax , it can get a bit prickly

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

2am Aussie time Charlie?
Come on!!!!

Sorry my fault . They took up my suggestion but just in the wrong time zone .
PS how do you quote posts from different pages .

IMG_20191216_212541 (resized).jpgIMG_20191216_212541 (resized).jpg
#2914 4 years ago

I really like the powder coating on the wire form .

IMG_20191216_215900 (resized).jpgIMG_20191216_215900 (resized).jpg
#2915 4 years ago

I'm out . I don't like it , well that's what I have to keep telling myself to cover the fact I can't actually afford one . Good luck to everyone getting their orders in . The game looks awesome . I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow to another 500 + posts .

#2923 4 years ago

Playing devil's advocate , from Spookies point of view why would they show longer gameplay , to give people an opportunity to see something they don't like and possibly change their mind on ordering . They obviously have permission to show gameplay , clips and callouts

#4280 4 years ago

Unfortunately I couldn't get one , but luckily another me from another Universe got a BS edition with all the upgrades , so it's all good .

#4281 4 years ago

Is there a prize for reading all 4280 posts .

#4286 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

At Moon Dog please.

As soon as it's there , I'll be there .

2 weeks later
#6828 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I think I’ll omit the knocker. My family doesn’t need to know about a new high score.

For $45 you have to get the knocker . You can disconnect it if you want but at least you know it's there . Nothing better than when the knocker scares the crap out of someone not expecting it . Imo a real pinball machine has a knocker .

#6835 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Agreed! I have the knocker set to hit for every replay awarded. Something nostalgic and gratifying when you hit top score and everybody in the room hearing those 4 knocks knows it.

Nothing better than hearing bang , bang , bang after a great game and getting rewards for all the stuff you did , it adds to the whole theatre of the experience .

#6842 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Knockers are annoying, scare people,

Knockers are a inherit part of pinball , if knockers are annoying or scare you I think you're in the wrong hobby

#6849 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To me the only things necessary for a pinball machine are the balls and flippers. Everything else is optional.

If that's all that matters stick to EM games .
I love all the new technology LEDs , lcds , sound systems , internet connectivity ( coming soon ) . I'm greedy I want more not less and a knocker just adds to everything . Good pinball is more than just flippers and balls it is a physical ,Audio Visual experience .

#6856 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ridiculous. You don’t get to define “the hobby”.

I'm not trying to define anything . I'm just saying I like Knockers and if you're spending thousands of dollars why wouldn't you spend $45 more to get 1 , if you don't use it the next buyer will like you got it .

#6862 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I never understood the reason for a knocker.

Your avatar says it all ( which I like )

IMG_20200104_031010 (resized).jpgIMG_20200104_031010 (resized).jpg
#6868 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why shouldn't there be a natural progression that removes the knocker (which has been done, but everyone seems to dislike).

Because as you said everyone dislikes it .
This is one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen posted on pinside and I have seen a lot of stupid shit .

#6877 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This knocker police thing is bizarre.

There's no knocker police , all I ever said was for $45 I'll get the knocker . If you don't like Knockers fair enough

#6884 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I mean, why go to digital at all? That's not *real* pinball. LCD? Stereo Sound? Subs? That's not *real* pinball

All those things you mentioned are real , the sound of a knocker going off isn't real unless it's made by a real knocker making the noise .

#6892 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'll say what I god damned feel like, thanks. You don't like it, fine. Never said you were in the wrong hobby. And it is a slippery slope...

That was me , it's almost 4 in the morning and I've had a few beers . I just thought it was funny when rarehero said knockers annoy and scare people . Just kidding about the wrong hobby didn't mean to offend .

#6896 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I thought we were talking about hooters? ? Lol ... and real vs fake ?
There's an idea! .... an option for a pair of Real Hooters!

Sorry couldn't help my self , any excuse .

#6900 4 years ago

I think you're getting Hooters mixed up with knockers

#7277 4 years ago
IMG_20191031_163900 (resized).jpgIMG_20191031_163900 (resized).jpg
#7310 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Kaneda posted on his Facebook page that he bought direct from Charlie, not PinballStar. So his early spot must have resulted from that relationship, which is fine (don’t VIPs always get special treatment?) but ideally Spooky would have been more transparent about insiders, pinball media, locations, etc. getting the first games off the line.

Why would spooky give him special treatment when he hasn't brought any of their machines before and when he had early access to Willy Wonka look at how that backfired , overhyped under delivered and he didn't even buy one . I'm assuming if he ordered through spooky I guess he just got his spot like anyone else . Obviously I don't know but I wouldn't just assume he got special treatment . My gut feeling is spooky doesn't operate that way . I'm happy to be corrected .

#7460 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Eh, a daily post from hawkmoon doesn’t bother me...unlike the 50-100 posts, a ways back, of knocker-gate. Easy to skip one, more irritating to sift through dozens.

I would rather see some knocker talk or LEDs or even if they're going to powdercoat leg bolts . Anything Game Related rather than seeing constant numbers but then again I don't have one ordered so that's probably why I don't care about spot numbers .

#7464 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Please make sure that the first gameplay reveal shown is done by spooky (or through someone like Zach at Flip N Out!!) - professional and done well via twitch livestream with the right setup etc. You only get one chance to make a first impression and you don't want it to be with a crappy cell phone video or something else that sells the game short of what it truly is!

If they don't get the first gameplay video done right it could really hurt sales But seriously a well done video does make a big difference . The video Zach did on the Wonka reveal was excellent .

#7470 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And then announce final production, never to be made again, followed by a Vault run.

Same with jjp . When Spooky says 750 they mean it .

#7527 4 years ago

This thread is like being in the locker room of the team that won the championship . Stranger things and Deep Root thread are like being in the locker room of the team that lost .

IMG_20200112_035320 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_035320 (resized).jpg
#7533 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Such an accurate analogy for capturing the spirit of the threads.

I checked in on the other Threads and quickly ran back to the light . This is the funnest thread on pinside !

#7535 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Wear 2 socks and always use the back door.
Ultimate protection.

WTF ? ( like I said this is the funnest thread on pinside )

#7542 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Aaaahhh! Please Spooky...more pics or info! The pinsiders are bored, and this is de-evolving quickly

I would have thought you're happy we aren't talking about knockers .

#7565 4 years ago

Who's going to be the first to post
" I saw 50 new posts and thought there was going to be some news but it's all talk about flooblecrank , when are they going to show some game play. "

#7567 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yup. Somehow you guys are making regular pinball nerds look super-cool.

Rick and Morty will make even the biggest pinball nerd as cool as Fonzie .

IMG_20200112_153859 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_153859 (resized).jpg
#7571 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

But now we've already moved back on around again to plumbuses!
... and pretty soon I guess things could even start to get a bit ... Schwifty in Here!!?!

I'm enjoying all of it , I'm glad the number talk has sorted itself out .

#7576 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

my money is on you...

Ha Ha . Don't throw your money away . Give it to a charity you like .

#7812 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Now more than ever!

Spooky WAS like the team that won the championship .
Now they're like the team that's won 3 in a row
1 RM
2 Future updates
3 Free topper !
Well done Spooky , congratulations everyone .

IMG_20200114_215509 (resized).jpgIMG_20200114_215509 (resized).jpg
#7926 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Crap. This is going to turn into a freakin expensive pin.

Do you know how much it will cost with all the extras , shipped over here and with taxes in Aussie dollars .

#7928 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Haven’t been game to total it screaminr

I'm guessing around 13 k not including butter cabinet

#7930 4 years ago

I was going to get one , but the $65 AUD for the knocker put it over my limit .

Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Think this is on the money! Let’s hope the AUD goes up haha. It may go to 71 in coming months so we can only hope it’s high when our balance is due. What ever it ends up being we’ll just have to deal with it, game is going to be worth it I’m sure.

#7934 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Wouldn´t it be cool if you attach a green/yellow led disc to the wall behind the machine and then have rick and morty on top as topper guys.

You can get cheap projectors that have cool effects maybe you could find one that did a whirlpool . You could use it for the ceiling or below the machine on the ground .

IMG_20200115_201336 (resized).jpgIMG_20200115_201336 (resized).jpg
#7935 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Meanwhile in the DR thread Rick and Morty is in the same discussion as Harley Davidson? wtf? Lol

The DR and Stranger Things threads are so sad . The first post in this thread has 110 upvotes Stranger Things has 2 .

#8028 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

How do you think canadians feel and we are attached to the states, yet we arnt all on here complaining

I asked how much would it cost to get the machine over here , how the fuck is that complaining ?

#8032 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Wow quick to anger much?

It's annoying having to respond to a moron making up shit .

#8036 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

You dont have to respond you chose to. Lighten up.[quoted image]

Calling you a moron was giving you way too much credit . I'm not going to let you ruin the Vibe of this happy thread

#8069 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You know what they say about the pointlessness of discussions with stupid people...
"Never go arguing with stupid *****, they will bring you down to their level, and then proceed to beat you up with their experience!"

You're right . It's my fault . Like the moderator said don't respond to trolls(he said people) . Even if they're not the smartest of Ricks . The last thing I want to do is to put a dampner on this thread . I should have realised who I was dealing with .
IMG_20200116_173057 (resized).jpgIMG_20200116_173057 (resized).jpg

#8130 4 years ago
Quoted from Jethrodog:

Ya know, as a guy that just joined pinside, didn't know this community even existed until 6 months ago when I got an old machine to fix up, I may as well throw my 2 cents in.
I love Rick and Morty! My 13, almost 14 year old showed it to me, and I'm a huge fan. Yeah, I know it's not a kid's show, but at that age, well, it's funny and smart, he could be into worse stuff...
But he's not into pinball. My 18 yr old niece wasn't even sure what a pinball machine was. I recently met a 30something that has the high score on a local Attack from Mars and they were shocked to learn that leagues even existed.
What I'm getting at is, most people don't even have pinball on their radar. It's a super niche thing. I hope that can change. Seems to be getting more trendy, and Rick and Morty should be a home run!
I hope most of those machines get into public places, not hidden in basements like exotic cars that don't get driven, and I'll happily throw $$ into them! Don't get me wrong, I'd like one in my basement too, but not gonna happen.
Just a couple thoughts from an outside perspective. Hope the game's a hit, and oh yeah, Spooky? Just learned about em, TNA is a fun game, and ON WISCONSIN!

Welcome to Pinball , be careful it can get addictive .

#8146 4 years ago

Come on people ignore this crap , don't let Rick and Morty turn into this shit . and people thought knocker talk was stupid .

#8155 4 years ago

For anyone that missed it . I listen to a podcast yesterday and Scott D was saying the Magna save can be used a little or a lot depending on how much charge it has , it's not like you press the button once and it's gone . What cool idea .

#8159 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can y'all please ignore the Jerry.

Jerry's got more class than that

#8208 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

As Jay said above, this was pretty common on the 80s Williams machines. Off the top of my head, Jungle Lord, Solar Fire, Pharaoh and Grand Lizard had this.
You can build the charge back up by hitting targets on the playfield.
rd

You learn something new every day

#8211 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I think there will be more of these going onsite than one might assume.

Thanks to Ryan C (head-to-head pinball podcast) we will have one to play over here in Melbourne .

#8294 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Cup holder is done. It might seem a little pricey, but it takes like 12 hours to print all of the parts:
http://www.randompinball.com/rickandmorty

I like the attention to detail , great job . I'm afraid the drinks would froth up or spill on machine when the game is being nudged or shaken . I use a slim side table for drinks , if you don't have the room to do this I understand why you would go the cup holder route .

IMG20200118205729 (resized).jpgIMG20200118205729 (resized).jpg
#8309 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Id be more worried if i had a table next to my machine and accidently kicking the leg and knocking it over.

You would have to be one wild player to kick over a table that was down by the side of your machine . Plus I assume it would be quicker and easier to place your drink on a table than placing it in a pin Cup . But as you said each to their own , whatever works for you .

#8312 4 years ago

Dont know if it was already said or not but a projector that shines under the cabinet onto the floor that would also spin. Maybe even turn on for a few seco

I mentioned that in post #7934 .
For some reason projectors aren't getting a good response at the moment

IMG_20200115_201336 (resized).jpgIMG_20200115_201336 (resized).jpg
#8366 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If it’s anything like NW Iowa...there’s a ton of snow and it was -30 windchill this am...hoping to get my package tomorrow. I trudged to the mailbox (100 feet) last night in 40 mph winds and -30+ wind chills just to make sure it didn’t come. I can’t wait to retire in Florida!

It still amazes me , you're under snow and we're on fire and you can hear about it quicker than it used to take to dial an international number , the wonders of the web , we really are living in the future .

#8428 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

The box is designed to sit upright, as indicated by the ^^ this end up.

The machine is designed to be horizontal and will be all shook up with a shaker motor , can't see how that's a worse way to transport it over standing it up on one end . Machines are shipped up right to save space and so you can't stack one on top of another .

#8432 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

The box JJP games come in have a tip indicator that will indicate if the box was ever on its side.

Quoted from Mitch:

Yes that's just so you know it didnt fall over during shipping.

That label just indicates whether it was on its side . What you want to see is an impact label , or preferably both .

IMG_20200121_232701 (resized).jpgIMG_20200121_232701 (resized).jpgIMG_20200121_232352 (resized).jpgIMG_20200121_232352 (resized).jpg
#8519 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Can we all chip in and get Scott a proper Sword Rack?

This could work .

IMG_20200122_173734 (resized).jpgIMG_20200122_173734 (resized).jpg
#8522 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Seems like you might be able to mod this into a pretty sweet cup-holder somehow.

Could be a handy holder for your pickle Rick Pringles

Quoted from jonesjb:

Why is Pickle Rick traveling through a portal?

Pickle Rick does whatever the fuck he wants
IMG_20200122_225445 (resized).jpgIMG_20200122_225445 (resized).jpg

#8526 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

All good, I realize that this the phase of a pinball release where people start hodge podging in random toys to keep occupied while waiting for real news.

You should enjoy this period of time . Once gameplay has been showen there could be negativity , if it's not what you wanted . Just like the total shitshow stranger things is . So far there is not a single complaint about how Rick and Morty shoots or any faults with the game .

#8736 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

sounds like Dead Flip stream will be the first few days in February. Straight from the horses mouth...

Not sure if Jack danger is the best person to go with now , he's coping a lot of hate and backlash and people unsubscribing to him after his recent comments . Everything has been so positive about this machine I would hate to see anything overshadow it's reveal and give people an excuse to say negative things .

#8739 4 years ago

He said something like Zach's new Pinball network was a White boy Club with no diversity , And zach is also coping crap about the way he went about announcing the Pinball network and how he dealt with Jeff from thisweekinpinball . It's all a storm in a teacup but you know how pinside is

#8740 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Don't know if Spooky will put something out any earlier, but sounds like Dead Flip stream will be the first few days in February. Straight from the horses mouth...

My bad , I didn't read your post properly , sorry for the diversion , back to Rick and Morty .

#8749 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Toppers are all the rage, but now since Spooky has provided a free one, we better start coming up with Bottomers.
I think the wife may enjoy a real plumbus.
CES award winner, so it must be good.
https://loradicarlo.com/

It looks like a telephone

#8754 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

is there such thing as a clear coat decal or clear coat repair? Maybe you can pay an extra amount for some butter armor!

If you were OCD you could put some 3 mil Perspex over it .

#8757 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Or just leave it in the shipping box. Me I'll just play the heck out if it and let who inherents it worry about that. Sometimes the more you pamper something the worst it seems when the littlest things hapen.

Right on , how much damage is it going to get in your house anyway .

#8774 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I agree. Jack Danger no thanks, I’ll pass. Used to be a big fan but not after his most recent behavior.

I misread razorsedge Post . JD apparently said he was going to stream a customer's machine , not direct from spooky . Apologies for any misunderstandings .

#8856 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

My wife says pinball is a waste of money!

I told my wife that pinball was good for my physical and mental health keeping my mind and reflexes sharp . She brought it , so I brought it .

#8960 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A Cheapy paper manual is actually a plus these days.

You pay thousands of dollars for a complex machine and a physical manual should be considered bonus . What a load of crap .

#8962 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Purists can print it and the fact that it's searchable on your laptop or iPad is a plus.

Nothing to do with Purists . What if you have to work on the machine with the power off what if you don't have a tablet or a laptop , the manual that came with my Hobbit is as thick as a phone book it takes forever to scroll through all of that to find what you want . Just another way for companies to save money for something that should be included .

#8967 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

if you’re upset about it, ask Charlie to trade your topper for a printed manual. should be an even trade right!?

Unfortunately I couldn't afford one . I have no idea if spooky provides a manual or not .

Quoted from Lounge:

What if you live in cave and don’t have electricity....
Yes, it is a cost saving measure. But it’s also an expedience measure as well. What if a part number changes, what if the game menu changes, what if a wiring diagram was printed wrong and needs to be changed?
It’s much easier to change and update a PDF and provide an up to date manual on demand that you can print if you want.

You're trying to think up reasons why you don't need a printed manual and I think there are a lot more reasons why you need one .
I think companies should provide a printed manual for these machines . It's just a my opinion and you're more than entitled to have your opinion .

#8969 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Or with JJP you can BUY a printed manual

My RR WOZ came with a manual , my LE Hobbit came with a manual and the CE potc I had ordered comes with a manual . I can't talk for the other two games .

IMG20200129202606 (resized).jpgIMG20200129202606 (resized).jpg
#8974 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I have received 2 red can cozys.

Can Cozys . We call them "stubby holders " over here .
IMG_20200129_223647 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_223647 (resized).jpg

#9280 4 years ago

I thought it was top of eldest slut dragons staff for a sec

I thought it was a bong .

#9297 4 years ago

Now the cat is out of the bag with the topper , any chance of a close up

#9447 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Damn...just went and caught up on the Stranger Things thread, and I'm not sure why. This thread is so much more enjoyable.

The thread is a bit sad , but if you want to read some funny stuff look at posts #5537 - #5550 .

#9452 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

The Lyman stuff was funny.

When they're having a go about Lyman's codes and who is this " Lyman Avenger " , don't listen to him , stand up to him and then it's pointed out to them , it IS Lyman . ( then the sucking up begins )
Priceless .

#9455 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Here is the real question that needs answering... will there be a cheese ball dimension?

Maybe a 3 stack Pringles dimension ?

#9766 4 years ago

This is as close to pinball perfection for ME .

#9772 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm going to give an unpopular opinion and vote that this be designated as the official Club thread, and that the Rick and Morty / Rick and Morty Blood Suckers edition be consolidated to count as one pin for tracking and rating purposes.

It's hard enough to catch up on this thread , don't want to have to keep an eye on another thread

#10039 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:1. a pop bumper sling shot: Cool idea, but far from original, novel, or significant value added to the game
2. Magna Save: again, a cool idea, but NOTHING new
3. Single Subway (garage to portal eject over left flipper): another cool idea, but NOT new
4. two ramps (plastic, if i remember correctly). the ramps do very little "traveling" or curving, so its kind of Gomez-like in the return to flipper.
5. three flippers (extra 45 bucks for the third flipper, if not less)
6. space ship toy (Kerins said that this was "off the shelf", meaning it was not new for this game, which makes it significantly cheaper than designing and manufacturing a new specific toy for this game only). The toy is on a SPRING (See SW)
7. Horseshoe lock mech. THIS is the thing which seems sort of novel, but certainly not a significant addition mechanically, aesthetically, or otherwise. I will say that the physical lock is pretty dang cool, and I'm glad they got it working well.
8. Scoop in the MIDDLE of the PF. another awkward position for a scoop, like TNA

Put all that together and you have one of the best pins ever made .

#10042 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The playfield and mechs are nothing you gasp about. It´s not woz or jjp potc.

I like playing pinball not working on them .

#10045 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I condensed your comment for you and everyone else.

I didn't even get halfway through , I've read over 10000 posts I'm not going to read a post that long especially when it starts off being full of crap .

#10084 4 years ago

I would rate this pin 9.9 , I would give it a 10 if it had a video mode . I love a good video mode , lots of people don't like video modes but I think it just adds to the whole game experience .

#10096 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Agree, as long as the video mode is fun and challenging enough... plus potential for a reward like extra ball they make for added fun!

Fish tales video mode ticks all those boxes , you have to shoot the jet skis and the skiers quick enough to earn the right to shoot the extra ball , it's fun and challenging and gives a distraction from normal gameplay .
It would be so cool to see Rick or Morty move left and right with the Flipper buttons and shoot aliens with the magna save button , even if it never happens the game is still an A+

#10114 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The guy programming the game hates video modes with the burning fire of a thousand suns; so the outlook isn't great.

Fair enough , like I said this game is still an A+ even without one .

#10220 4 years ago

I saw Rick's portal gun , and it reminded me of fish tails starter handle . You could have a portal to cover the hole and the gun going into it . It would have to be powder coated and made of steel because a plastic one would break off to easily . I'm just dreaming but if it could be done well it would look great .

IMG20200208214613 (resized).jpgIMG20200208214613 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214417 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214417 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214254 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_214254 (resized).jpg
#10288 4 years ago

Just watch SMB nothing wrong with that show it was just light-hearted , bit of fun . The host was nice and Charlie and the gang looked like they were having fun and good to show off pinball to a younger audience . The best bit for me was learning that there was a hot streaker at the Superbowl . All good .

Screenshot_2020-02-09-20-46-37-52 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-02-09-20-46-37-52 (resized).png
#10312 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Well...a streaker at least.

She's hot compared to the streakers I usually see .

#10315 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Rugby is a manlier sport.

I don't know if it's manlier , but we don't wear padding to play football over here .

#10573 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

#2 there will be tons of opportunity to play for anyone willing to travel a couple hours at most.

It's only a lazy 10,500 thousand ks and a 20 hour flight from here but it would be worth it

#10576 4 years ago

Planning on it . I want to go to Cedar Point and go on Steel Vengeance but it won't be in time for your launch party ( good luck with that ) I'll have to be patient and wait for Ryan C to put his out on location .

#10674 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

While awesome, I think predator tried it a long time ago

Looks like it's more for the habit trails

IMG20200119234934 (resized).jpgIMG20200119234934 (resized).jpg
#10680 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Steel Vengeance is sooo good! Nothing compares.

It looks sick !
I've started a thread if anyone is interested .
( apologies for the picture , not sure how to link one thread to another )
IMG_20200213_205243 (resized).jpgIMG_20200213_205243 (resized).jpg

#10683 4 years ago

Whirly Dirly Costa looks as fun as the mode is .

#10693 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

At the risk of perpetuating the off-topic Stranger Things talk, can someone briefly describe what this is about?

I really don't want to include stranger things in this thread , but as you asked . They now have to pay $280 USD to unlock the UV feature in their game . Spooky gives free toppers , Stern makes you pay for a feature that should be included . I like a lot of stern games but they have sunk to a new low

#10786 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

If I have 20 games going to OZ then I build all 20 at once no matter what the numbers are.

Do you have a gestimate on when the Oz games will be shipping .

#10789 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Hoping for April/May ship date. If for no other reason then it is a pain the rear to load the containers in snow & ice lol. We did that this past Monday for a container of Alice Coopers going to Austria...... lets just say forklifts & ice = a very nervous KT for 2 hours .

Thanks for that . Add another month on the ship not too bad . Some lucky operator is going to get a lot of my money from me playing this game .

#10878 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just a question. Is Jack employed by Stern?

Yes , but he's allowed to stream other companies games .

#10892 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

i had to pay for it dood!

dude

#10893 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I keep going back and forth on butter cabinet. ARGH

If you can afford it go for it !

#10904 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Getting set up[quoted image]

It's 4 a.m. and I'm going to bed can someone tape the Stream for me

#11007 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So many Rick & Morty threads, they don’t fit on one page[quoted image]

There's only one with 11,000 + posts .

#11105 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This thread is in no danger of being closed.

This is the funest thread on inside , I'm sticking with it . Some people would be pissed off with the silly bullshit of the last couple of pages if it was happening in the club thread . This thread now is like when your parents have gone away and you can get away with a lot more stupid stuff . Speaking of which I thought it was a bit harsh to get moderated for the dog eating comment , it was clearly a joke .

#11107 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I like this analogy.

Now the grown-ups have gone we can really get the party started .

IMG_20200217_215647 (resized).jpgIMG_20200217_215647 (resized).jpg
#11117 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I know I do.

And people said all cool guys had left this thread .

#11293 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

While props go out to Spooky for upgrading the rubbers to silicone on their games, they just are too bouncy to have any kind of reasonable control. I suggest at least changing out the flipper rubbers to regular rubber .

I tend to agree , I find the rubber more controllable than silicone . When I didn't know what was what , I saw these cool looking blue and green " rubbers " in a display case at a pinball dealer . I just thought they looked cool and the colours matched my game . I have no idea if they are Titans , Super bands or whatever . My game alwaysed played fast , cos it's setup as steep as it will go . I had the flippers rebuilt the Playfield waxed and then I put the new bands on , and it played way too fast for me , so I went back to the black rubber on the flippers . The game is still super fast but it is a lot more controllable . Having said that , if I brought a game and it came with silicone on the flippers I would leave it as is because that's the way they want it .

IMG_20200221_233301 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_233301 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2020-02-21-23-30-19-52 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-02-21-23-30-19-52 (resized).png
#11295 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Those are super bands and they make things ZIPPY! I just waxed Shadow and BSD and with super bands they are even more brutal than normal! I like them, but to each his own. Some of my pinball friends do not like them.

They sure do make things zippy . They looked so cool and matched my machine perfectly . I just felt I'd never be able to beat my high score with them on , it was just so hard to catch a ball and to do all the stuff I normally did .

#11320 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I worry about their next title (whatever that is). How do you top rick and morty?

I don't know if it would sell out in 4 hours but I think a Futurama pin would sell 750 easily , especially if you got Billy West ( Fry )and John DiMaggio ( Bender ) to voice it . Like R&M it has the same potential for fun modes and good call outs . Over the years I've heard a lot more people ask for a Futurama pin over Rick and Morty , it does have a large fanbase out there . It would never be as rude as R&M but Bender has enough attitude to make it fun .

IMG_20200222_172738 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_172738 (resized).jpg
#11331 4 years ago

For everyone who wants to see a Futurama pin , I think we have to hype it up a bit and give it some more attention . Hopefully it will get some manufacturers to consider it .
Let's get this link on fire .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/futurama-pinball

#11338 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bible Adventures was the legit theme that Ben had made.

Bible Adventures ? Greek mythology has better stories and cooler characters .

IMG_20200223_031922 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_031922 (resized).jpg
#11341 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

bible adventures doesn't require a license (which is what I heard killed it)

I don't think you necessarily have to have a licence to make a popular game . I think World War 2 would be a great theme . You could pick which side you want to be on at the beginning of the game . Lots of free footage of soldiers , buildings blowing up , planes - dogfights , cannons shooting ect . Potential for lots of modes , for either side advancing on other countries , and to get to your final goal wizard mode - World Domination .
( too soon ? )

IMG_20200223_035056 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_035056 (resized).jpg
#11396 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Sorry for everyone that has to scroll past this . Put all my thoughts down and it got out of hand.
My Rick and Morty Pinball Adventure
Traveled from NE PA to Williamsburg Brooklyn to play Rick and Morty on Saturday.
Stopped half way into work for the Pinburgh F5 championships. Victory!
Hit the gas hard (100mph-oops) to catch the 12:23 train out of Morristown NJ.
One diner burger and subway ride later, i arrived at Jackbar NYC.
Jackbar has amassed a pinball collection to rival almost any available alternative (move over sunshine!) and has quickly become my preferred place to play in the area. Great beer and drink selection and playing pinball is comfortable. The freshly shopped Rollergames plays fantastic. The owner is the day bartender and pinball tech.
"Hi Jon , hit me up with a Sweetwater 420 and a pile of ONES, it's time to jump dimensions and get into some RICK AND MORTY PINBALL MUTHA-F*CKERS! " <embellished for effect>
THE REVIEW
**DISCLAIMER -this is a review of one game on location, I assume set up to play tough (steep) , providing fun in conjunction with great challenge to the best players in NYC who play in tournaments (at jackbar) or frequent this establishment. This review is specific to one machine, played multiple times (20+) over the course of the day and night.**
I played games mostly in 4 player groups and a couple solo.
Rick and Morty Bloodsucker #26
Plunge :
Plunge is important on this game. Specifically because of the current value of the Super Skill shot (400k) . For the first couple of games that i played , anybody who got 3 super-skill shots would have easily won the game. Seemingly, a score imbalance ; unless players were able to get a mode or multi-ball started. Some plunges, including auto-plunges, go around into the "turnaround shot" (next to right ramp) and SDTM. "F*ck" . The rare "plunge into a SDTM , followed by auto-plunge SDTM" is possible. With a tight tilt, you could carefully nudge your way out , but you learn the hard way and beginners aren't going to know any better.
I hit plenty of of super skill shots and they didn't seem all that difficult if you could get enough power on the shot. I don't remember hitting the target on the left ramp (cant remember the name of target) or intentionally going for it on the plunge. When super-skill was not active , i was going for the spinner loop , which appeared rejecty (it's word now!) at first ; but proved to be a nice quick flow shot when shot correctly. Repeating spinner loops , eh, not much of that.
Now that the excitement of the plunge has been exhausted lets move onto ...
GENERAL GAMEPLAY
The plunge basically forces initial gameplay into a situation which puts your chances of survival into immediate peril. The dreaded side-to-side ball action ... friend only to hungry drains, a hyper-sling, and the maniacally placed, "in-your-face" pop bumper . At least you have SLAM SAVE. Getting a ball under control was a chore in itself. Everything was functioning properly on the game. A lot of flailing to start, followed by some quick drains, was not all that uncommon to see. This is a game where you have to learn your shots and also learn how to deal with where the game is sending the ball when you are out of control. Focusing on magna-save (and the mere existence of it) early is advised .
Light shows are awesome as usual.
The ship toy is fairly impressive in person . The shaking is cool and the 2 shadows of Rick and Morty are awesome.
Topper is really cool too. It spins and lights when portal is ready. Can't really see the front when the back lights are going off is the only complaint.
Okay , so you finally get control ...what do you shoot?
Left Flipper - it's the place you want to be. Oh , lets see , one could shoot ...
1. Backhand to left drop target or u-turn or lock - triple threat
2. Center Scoop- (can be lit for a mode or multiball or mystery) for some reason i kept screaming for ROBOCOP! (it's in there)
3. Right drop target or u-turn or lock (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
4. The often-ignored FLOOBLE CRANK (lights locks and cranks the magna save battery)
5. Right Ramp - feeds right flipper(lights modes)
6. Right u-turn loop (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
7. Right loop, u-turn / back door garage shot (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
8. Megaseeds - add meeseeks
9-13. Backhand the pop bumper, shatz right inlane (slam letter, future mode shots?), roll up the flipper backhand hit Jerry , Summer or Beth targets.
With this design crew , i am not so sure these shots are as crazy as they sound .
Right Flipper - not the worst place to be
1. Backhand right ramp - feeds right flipper (didn't seem possible on this one - steep) (lite mode at scoop, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
2. Flooble! Crank it up! (wrong game) (lights locks and cranks the magna save battery)
3. Right drop target, u-turn or lock (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
4. Center Scoop (can be lit for a mode or multiball or mystery)
5. Left drop target, u-turn or lock (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
6. Left Ramp - feeds upper flipper (lite mode at scoop, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
7-9. Jerry! Summer! Beth! Targets! (mode shots and??)
10. Shoot the pop bumper! - maybe there's a pop bumper frenzy mode or dimension that will tempt you do do this. Make the pop bumper sound a fart and i'm in! (mode shots, i think)
11. Shatz the left inlane into the scoop - i dare you to make me try this - left or right inlane hurry-up! (slam letter, future mode shots?)
Upper flipper
1. Spinner loop - gotta hit t clean - repeatable , in the Bowen Elwin dimension only (extra ball , charge portal gun , mode shot or mseeks / mega seed)
2. That target - forgot what it does
3. Garage - Front - (portal ready - change dimensions , super jackpot, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
4. Other shots possible -drop targets , scoop , flooble , jerry , summer and beth targets
ACTION
The action was fast and furious on this game and getting control was a bit of an issue . some of the tried and true methods sent the ball into the dangerous pop bumper which would kick to an equally dangerous sling. Nothing beyond lighting a mode and getting the ball into the scoop, left any time to admire the amazing screen graphics featuring our heroes. Probably would have been a good idea to trap the ball and look up at the screen and get some guidance during the time of rest. When modes start , there are some general instructions as to what to shoot for in addition to the blinky lights.it was a but difficult to hear the rick taunting in the bar environment. I do remember a player saying "did he just call me a &*%$#^%" .
I was able to change dimension several times , but unless you already know the game , you have to look up to the screen to see where you have arrived. As much as i appreciate the utlra-fast scoop returns on this game, it would be nice to have time to read about what dimension you popped into or even look at the screen. Again , there may have been sound cues that weren't audible. I enjoy a little stop and go if there are quality animations to watch. I never get sick of the TREX multi-ball intro, for instance. I don't expect that to happen on this game (maybe as an option) . it seems speciofically designed to make the dimension change quick) Hope there is a "Shake it up" dimension , featuring the shaker and some Rick & Morty Callouts. Like a dance party with shaking?
There's is no "flailing your way" to anything substantial on this game in it's current form. There is not much to do in the start if you don't hit a ramp or the flooble crank . None of those shots are easily hit by accident. What you will see from new players is a ton of shots to the scoop and the 2 targets or through the u-turn. The scoop was feeding to the spot on the right flipper that would naturally shoot back to the scoop or left drop target if you shot on the fly. Dead bouncing was lively and making for more problems. I hit many scoops by accident in a row or at times when it wasn't lit for anything. I hope there's some taunting for that! I like difficult games , but i do worry about non-competitive players having fun on this game.maybe one less adventure filled in at start and a mode lit without ramp at game start would help.
Ramps were smooth and fun to shoot . The left ramp was a bit steep and hard to get every time. Danesi lock 2.0 is a winner . The mech performs amazingly efficient and flawless. Be it a drop target or lock or u-turn , i found it fun to shoot for any condition. I'm not sure if there are rules for hitting the u-turn repeatedly , but it seems like a fun area to explore. Shots returning from the targets , u-turn scoop etc , seemed to naturally return there from on-the-fly flipping. Right u-turn loop was really fun to shoot . I love the way it flows to the upper flipper.
MAGNASAVE will, pull your ball out of the outlane! Don't forget about it. Most players didn't even use it or know about it. It's a thing you have to keep focus on to use because there isn't any time to think.
SUMMARY: didn't intend to type so much above, but it is what it is. Destined to be forgotten in the short memory of internet game reviews.
Rick and Morty (as of early game launch and played on a brutal steep set up) is a unique and fun game to play . It has fast action that forces you to remain focused and attentive. How much fun you have relies on a knowledge of the game rules and the Rick and Morty universe. I'm not sure if they have a game tutorial in the works for attract mode (maybe they already have it) but i would appreciate it for sure. Even it only explained a couple of things, like video game load screens do. Explain one dimension every so often etc.
I had a lot of bad games trying to learn the shots and get familiar with the ball feeds. Some games were not fun at all . Some games were an adrenaline-pumping great time . I can see some players not wanting to put in the time to learn the game. There were many player tears to be harvested. Top score 7mil.
This game is perfect for the home collection, due to the unique layout and the many awesome rules of dimension changes and multiple modes . The combination of modes and dimensions stacked with a multiball should lead to an almost infinite combination of unique gameplay situations. Meanwhile Meeseek mutipliers are degrading into divisors and megaseeds are waiting to be harvested for a juicy bonus! Break out your thinking caps, this is no "shoot the same shot over and over to build towards a mode or hurry up" type of game. You are shooting all over the playfield , if you can last long enough to do so. A tight tilt is too brutal for this game.
Sorry, no traditional flow. One could argue left ramp to spinner loop to garage (fast feed to left flipper) to right ramp to scoop (maybe) would be an awesome combo; but not the traditional smooth flow some people tend to revere. The pop bumper can send the ball almost anywhere, which results in an exclusive manic gameplay experience that is perfect for the theme. One too many screw turns and you're dead.
Cheers to Spooky pinball . You have assembled an awesome team of game designers , rules experts and support staff. This is a game to be proud of and I appreciate the level of detail you have committed to this game and the ones that preceded it. Keep that in mind when reading what follows .
**DISCLAIMER -this is a review of one game on location, I assume set up to play tough (steep) , providing fun in conjunction with great challenge to the best players in NYC who play in tournaments (at jackbar) or frequent this establishment. This review is specific to one machine, played multiple times (20+) over the course of the day and night.**
THE BAD:
Multiple instances of game-ending software / hardware events.
1. Had a nice game of close to 6 million going, started my 2nd multiball and ....RESET
2. Started 3 player game, launched ball and .. flippers died , ball drained . Gameplay stalled . Flippers returned , but no ball served.
3. At least one instance of game not returning from a tilt (didn't happen to me)
Previously mentioned ball launch to inner u-turn loop to SDTM
Ball stuck on upper switch on launch (happened only once that i know of ) switch too high
No easy achievements for beginners
Early gameplay scoop shots and target shots tend to return to same area with nothing rewarded or advanced.
Nothing tempts me to shoot the side targets . Maybe Jerry screams in pain if i shoot him . That i would love.
These were my observations and unfortunately i could not heart the sounds , so maybe there are some worthy taunts that accompany the situation of shooting the ball repeatedly to the same area and getting nothing . That would make it awesome instead of bad.
Probably the most impressive thing i did was leave at 8:40 pm , walk fast to subway , catch the train within a minute , transfer to another train , came within 3 minutes , run through Penn station (huffing and puffing) and ultimately catch the 9:11 pm train back. From Brooklyn streets to the train seat in 31 minutes. I almost perished. I did it all for ................
Rick and Morty Pinball
The best pinball machine in earth dimension C-137.
TLDR: Rick and Morty review , too many words , likes it , has some criticisms and desires, kissed spooky ass , can't run a few blocks without getting winded.

I normally don't read posts that long but you gave your thoughts and opinions and expressed them really well , so I kept on reading . This is the point of these early games going out on location , so people like you can give constructive feedback for any issues that spooky might need to have a look at .

#11411 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

just keep the thread alive. I received my custom R&M hinges from pinball life yesterday. dino did a fantastic job on these

Great to see a picture if you get the chance .

#11464 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I was led to believe if I purchased a tna nib I would have priority access to future titles. That did not happen.

You did have priority on future titles - Alice Cooper and you would've had priority on Rick and Morty but Spooky ended up having more previous customers than pinball machines they were going to make , so they had to change their system . Obviously you don't have the intelligence to understand that .

#11485 4 years ago

For those of you who don't listen to our podcast, let's step back and explain some of this like we did on the show a few months ago.
Spooky has the "take care of those who take care of us" attitude and always offered game sales to previous customers first. When TnA took off and with ACNC right behind it being our #1 and #2 best sellers EVER, our customer base went from about 500 to OVER 1,200.
When you can basically make 500 games a year, that becomes a problem. Good problem, but still a problem.
So, we came up with the Fang Club for those who support us to have a way to be more of a part of all this. Help grow our company, get some cool stuff for your $45 including shipping membership, do special events, cool merch, get some great exclusive video content for you, AND HAVE FUN! Bang for the buck... and FUN!!! Good right?
And yes of course, you can add cool upgrades to games... NOT LEs... Not "standard vs pro vs collectors vs ..." ... whatever. We don't want to do that. Every game you get from us will play exactly the same. If you want to jazz it up some cosmetically, GREAT! We appreciate the support and are happy to do that. (Wait until you see this dimension in BUTTER!!!)
The Blood Sucker, or BS edition (funny initials huh?... kinda like TnA! These things might be on purpose.) is simply a cool upgrade package that we feel is going to give one hell of a bang for your buck and look incredible! Can't wait for you all to see it, and I can't say more yet.
So IF we get to 750 Fang Club members and 750 decide to take the BS edition... there will be 750 BS editions. GREAT! 750 happy people! If 100 BS versions exist and 650 are "just" Rick and Morty games... GREAT! You'll love playing that too. Scott Danesi is an awesome designer and you'll all be happy with what we've done here at team Spooky!
So is it possible we sell more Fang Club memberships than we have games? Sure! Hope it happens... come on in and lets see where this little company starting it's 7th year in business goes! We'll all share the ride and use the money to improve quality even more here and HAVE FUN DOING IT.
Reality is you HAVEN'T SEEN THE GAME YET! Many of you will love it... some of you will walk away... AND THAT'S FINE! It happens on every new game. We really hope 750 of you find this exactly what you hoped it would be from a Scott Danesi / Rick and Morty Pinball machine and it exceeds your expectations in every way. We've done our best to make sure it does!
Spooky's business model is 500 games a year... we're committing 18 months to make these 750 games because we feel that's about the limit of buyers patience to wait should this be a sell out. There's some honest reality.
We're happy, we're healthy, we're glad we have a game coming very soon that excites so many people. 750 units is 250 more than we've ever sold of any title. Big jump up, thrilled at the prospect of that happening.
PEACE (among worlds) LOVE AND ALL THINGS PINBALL... Charlie

#11498 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They "average' 10 per week once things are running smooth.
I actually make a personal guess that we are going to see R&M coming off the line at more than 10 per week once all is running smoothly.

Yes . It's all about the " average " over the whole production of the pin .

#11521 4 years ago

I finally watched some of the Dead flip stream , good to put faces to the names . The callouts , modes and the programming is what makes this pin a killer .

#11529 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

The real story is too embarrassing [quoted image]

You can tell us , we're all friends here .
Our Lips Are Sealed

1 month later
#11905 4 years ago
IMG_20200417_011518 (resized).jpgIMG_20200417_011518 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#11944 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

either that or he just hasn't noticed that someone vinyl wrapped the back end of his vette

As much as I love Rick and Morty I wouldn't do that to my car but obviously he has a sense of humour .

#11950 3 years ago

Anyone know how many they got out before all of this .

#11953 3 years ago

Thanks for that Kingpin . How are you going through all of this .

#11955 3 years ago

Stolen from the " official " Rick and Morty thread , but this is the original and the best thread .

#11972 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

I was listening to an interview that was done recently. I think he said with the new facility, they will be able to accomplish that task. I will look again for that podcast.

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/show/superawesomepinballshow/id/13735742

#12051 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I don't think people are lazy -

You obviously haven't met my brother

7 months later
#12241 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

I guess we’ll be waiting a little longer…[quoted image]

I'm not signing for that one
But seriously that's really sad to see , I hope you get it sorted out .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.