Topic Stats

• 12,246 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210108_020138 (resized).jpg
20210108_020106 (resized).jpg
Resized_20210106_145154 (resized).jpeg
no-stack-cones (resized).jpg
9DC9202A-B308-438B-BDF9-B34C9E7C70EE (resized).jpeg
20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG
IMG_1175 (resized).JPG
IMG_1174 (resized).JPG
DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (1 year ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (1 year ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (1 year ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reallifepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1920 1 year ago

Actually you said other THAT their allotment.

#1948 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Everyone keeps going on about how important theme is... which is true.
But team is just as important surely?
Scott Danesi design..
Eric Priepke lead programmer.
Bowen - code and rules.
David van Es -animations.
And Spooky building it.
With this team at the helm, it is hard to imagine the game not being good.
Custom call outs are an immense addition as well.
This is why I am interested.
And we need laughs in life

I would have never even consider buying a game sight unseen before now. Spooky, Scott (the whole team, honestly), Rick and Morty? I didn't even hesitate.
^^^^!!!!!!!!^^^^ Yes!

#3267 1 year ago

Wow, you can put me down for AB-1946 BSE

#3897 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

- don't TNA + ACNC both have co-op? I assumed it was a given

I had assumed the same thing. Really hope that is the case.

#4005 1 year ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

ya I ordered a friggin cup last night to save my credit info, but it never saved, I still had my card number copied and added 2 to my cart... took 3 mins to fix and got my BS in at 1873. Right after you! you bastard...

One in O-Town and one in SLC. Nice. Looks like you'll have yours at least a couple months before me though.

#4324 1 year ago

epthegeek spookyluke What are the odds that it is going to have CO-OP and team multiplayer?

#4351 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not aiming at co-op for launch. Given that it's a mode based game, it didn't seem as important to prioritize. Always a possibility later though.

Thanks! I would personally love it if it makes it. Not at the expense of what is already in the works, though. Appreciate what you all do.

#4409 1 year ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

I didn't set myself up disappointed at all. THAT'S AWESOME! It's identical to how I'd want to see it used. It helps you unless you take too long, and then it hurts you. PERFECT!
Oh man this game is gonna be awesome. People are gonna love it. The best part is watching others enjoy the game. I can't wait!

Agreed. There is a lot of speculation but everything I have heard from the team, as far as ideas and what they are working on, is spot on. It is really exciting!

#4790 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The dimension idea I've like the most is a electromechanical dimension, where the lights turn to warm white and the sounds are all chimes.

I would love any variation of this. Even if it just decreased the strength of the pop and sling (and the warm white lights). Although there has been no shortage of brilliant ideas already considered internally at Spooky so who am I to say.

#4999 1 year ago

I believe I was order 1946 and got 429.

On Monday I thought I may not be able to get one at all. I'm pretty stoked and I like the idea of trying to find a TNA to play in the meantime.

#5012 1 year ago

Also, don't forget, next year is a leap year.

#5305 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Glad you asked! I made a crap ton of exciting music for the game and remixed some of the show music as well. I also did the sound effects with the exception of the sounds from the show. If you liked what I did on TNA and ACNC, you shoudl be happy.
--Scott

Hey Scott, being (some) licensed music, are there any plans to release a soundtrack like on TNA?

On a side note, I listened to the TNA soundtrack yesterday and wow, it is amazing. Here's to hoping it gets released on vinyl someday.

#5336 1 year ago
Quoted from newtoit:

They released a rick and morty double album. Prob all the songs from that in this game. I ordered mine![quoted image]

I ordered the same one. Boy, I'm going to spend a lot of money in the next 10-11 months on R and M gear.

#5347 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Those aren't the only 2 options.
How dare I point out that they're making 250 offline games before the 31st online order...
Again, this is 100% FINE. Just tell us ahead of time, don't make it seem like it's 50/50 and online had an equal shot at an early game # when it clearly wasn't the case.

HORSE (resized).jpg
#5375 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

All Spooky games are proper backglass which is a really good feature

That. Is. Really. Cool.

#5552 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Depending on the Artwork / Sleeve and the # of LPs...$30-60.
With 60 being for 2 x LP w/ Gatefold.
And cutting at 45 gives more room for bass, but less length of play, ftr.

yes-please-59ba9c (resized).jpg
#5900 1 year ago

Maybe it's a joke that I just don't get but it is hard for me to see this post:

Quoted from estrader:

Nope...some said he had a family emergency so probably best to let him sort this out on his time.

Right before yours:

Quoted from Airball:

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a Slot #.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that Rick and Morty would soon would be there.
Nope !!
WTF ,

and not think your priorities are a little... out of whack.

#6399 1 year ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Thanks for the kind words from some of you and for taking the time to listen to the our interview of Scott Danesi

That was a really impressive interview. I look forward to hearing more of them.
Lots of good RandM info in there too. I'm really excited for the music. It sounds like there is going to be more "original" (remixes count) music than I was expecting.

#6686 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one else wonder if theyll add more GI to the back row? Looks kinda dark. LED strip shooting down from the back box lip maybe?
Will the house light up? Whats with the front door? Questions, questions, questions.
[quoted image]

Don't worry...

XMAS (resized).png
#6709 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I enjoy profanity but my favorite thing is the censorship *BLEEP* in place of the actual word. Their use of it in the show is well done and I never seem to get enough of it. Makes me laugh each time and it's often better than cursing. And when you consider the origins of censorship and how creative people adapted and turned it against the machine, it makes it even better.
Pretty *bleeping* funny I think.

I agree. I really hope they have the bleeps, at least on the ones that CAN be bleeped. I have no issue hearing or using awful language but I do prefer the show bleeped to uncensored.

#6722 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I did that just for you.
rd

My wife does not care at all for any of my podcasts but she got a huge kick out of listening to your section. Thought I'd pass that along. Thanks!

#6729 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So then the question becomes, does this game have a clock in the code?

Quoted from epthegeek:

epthegeek: What's the chance of getting a time-of-day based family mode setting, for locations which are open to all ages during daytime, but only to adults in the evening?
Shouldn't be a problem. Bowen actually already has this on the wish list, but it is not implemented yet - mostly because I don't have a production game with the right CPU in it to incorporate and test setting the time & date in the service menu.
tldr; That's the intent, but maybe not right at launch.

#7083 1 year ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I’d really love to see a streamer that isn’t jack danger or buffalo do a reveal. Spread the love! Is there anyone else in Wisconsin/Chicago?
Edit: not that I don’t love watching their streams!

No matter who does it someone will have given their time and someone's machine in order to make a lot of us very happy. It will be very much appreciated!
My hope is next Saturday.

get-out-of-my-head (resized).jpg
#7196 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Storyboard, design, color, all pre-production art is done in L.A., along with some animation. Bulk of the animation is done by Bardel in Canada. I don’t know any U.S. TV animation production animated in China. Most are done in Korea.

I didn't realize this. That's pretty cool. Thanks for the info!

#7204 1 year ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I had never noticed the Spooky logo in the purple trim there. Awesome... just 9(ish) more months!

A little longer for me but I can't tell you how excited I am to see production starting!

#7207 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

From Spooky's FB page today.[quoted image]

Can we make the special item from buying in the first 48 hours be access to a production floor webcam? I'd watch that thing all the time! For at least 10 months anyway.

#7209 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LOL. Oh no...I can see it now...everyone is wowed and amazed for the first hour, then depressed because it will be like watching paint dry...and then you'll have the armchair line workers going - I don't think he tightened that bolt enough.

Fair point. Not for everyone then. Just me.

#7452 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Is it normal for manufacturers to tweak their game once it is in production? I thought parts and games were supposed to be play tested extensively before being manufactured. Fixing software bugs and making code improvements are expected adjustments after the fact, but mods to physical hardware and alignment issues seem better to get right the first time.

What is this in reference to?

#7474 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

So remember that "extra something for first day buyers" we promised (which turned out to be EVERYBODY???!!!!) We talked to Adult Swim on an idea we had to thank everyone who supported this game and made it the biggest day in our company history, and they are letting us do something real nice

Do you think there will be any mention as to what the "extra something" will be before games are in the wild? I can see Spooky wanting to surprise folks but any info we can get in the next week or so would make this wait soooo much easier for me to take!

#7760 1 year ago

Unreal! Thanks spookycharlie and everyone else at Spooky. That's very exciting!
Like most of us I was not expecting something so... awesome!

#7875 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Blood sucker edition color coin doors?

Thanks ahead of time.
Frank

#7913 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Indeed. But also still, why wouldn't it be. Lol ... it is the flyer talking specifically about "The Topper".
I am aware that we haven't been told yet, hence the question

It definitely could be. It has a shape that would make sense as a topper. The portal could even be a separate rotating piece.
But I wouldn't be surprised at all if were totally unrelated, too.

#8133 1 year ago
Quoted from cyberslunk:

You asked for proof and I was banned from the thread. You literally asked for it.

Dude, seriously? GTFO

#8137 1 year ago
Quoted from cyberslunk:

[quoted image]

I can't speak for everyone but I can tell you that I am impressed. With all of it. Really good job. Well done. I think we're all set here. You are needed elsewhere.

#8157 1 year ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Itching to find out if
LIONMAN
will be dropped in there as a random
Lionman

I realized today how much about this game we don't know. A lot of tidbits here and there but when there is finally a gameplay video or stream almost everything will be a surprise. I'm really looking forward to hearing and seeing this thing in action.

#8455 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I watched the trailer again yesterday (for like the 900th time) and actually noticed how cool the theme song sounds you can tell that SD remixed it.
I was just surprised I didn’t notice it before and thought I would share it with everyone.

It is really low in the mix so I didn't notice it until someone else mentioned it. You're right, it is pretty rad from what you can hear though.

#8560 1 year ago
Quoted from Morinack:

As I won't see my Spooky pin until Halloween or Thanksgiving, I honestly don't care. Must be a massive headache for Spooky. (Getting a Spooky pinball on Halloween would be cool though.)

My best guess is around then as well. Hoping for Halloween times for #429. That is a long time out but who knows what will happen by then.

#8569 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I was hoping before thanksgiving for my low 300s bse. Guess I’m a little more conservative than you guys.

I'm hoping, definitely not counting on it.

Quoted from Morinack:

In theory we are "batch brothers". #427

Maybe they'll be on the same truck west!

#8607 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:Oh no.[quoted image]

That sucks. If it's really gone I can send you a koozie and the poster. You're on your own if someone asks to see your (dis)membership card though.

#8694 1 year ago

What a great interview with Scott from Nick and Kevin at BDYEP.
Loads of info and things to be excited about.

Agreed. I usually only watch their game play streams but this was a really well done interview. My favorite of the R&M podcast interviews so far.

1 week later
#9288 12 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,so far,no FANG club member has said they have even been contacted with the 3 week build request!!! So,there are 40 pins out there somewhere,doing something,for some insider!!!!

?

#9312 11 months ago

Is he being recorded for some gameplay footage maybe???? Hopefully?
you can see the microphone...

Definitely doesn't look like he ISN'T being recorded. What with the microphone and what looks like a camera being set up.

Could just be wishful thinking. I'm really looking forward to seeing footage.

#9314 11 months ago

I never feel older than when I see someone with their phone in their back pocket. It fills me with anxiety.

#9376 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I realize it is now February and no games shipped? Guessing my rough estimate of Christmas is probably incorrect. Most likely looking at Q1 2021.

Not sure any later estimates can really be accurate right now but they have been building games, just haven't shipped them yet. I don't see it as falling behind just because they haven't left Spooky yet. The initial ramp up was always going to be slower than the rest of the run. *glass half full

#9419 11 months ago

Since we are a little ways from the owner's thread opening and not much is going on in this thread (besides some Groundhog Day "build more than 750, I know business" stuff) I thought I'd float an idea.

RANDM for the official acronym.

I may be the only one that likes it but given how much Spooky likes their double-meanings I thought it may be a good fit. If not, no harm done.

#9425 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

yep and R&M won :p

I know....

It's very slow at work today. Moment of weakness. Won't happen again.

#9501 11 months ago

I'll never stop wondering what happened during the censored section!

#9799 11 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Only mistake Scott made is not calling it the Wubba Lubba Dub Club. I'm gonna burn my shirt!
[quoted image]

Send it to me. I'll burn it for you!

#9820 11 months ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Rick & Morty will be at Lyons Classic Pinball in about 3 weeks if all goes well, Come Play!

Looks like I'll have to talk the wife into going to Rocky Mountain National Park while we're in Denver in April.

#9860 11 months ago

Man, Pinsiders are being pretty rude in the chat. This show isn't for you? Then just watch the pinball portion later. No need to crash someone else's party and bag on them.

#9878 11 months ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Good this show is beyond bad.

It's inane streaming bullshit but it just seems rude to sign in just to talk about how much you don't like it. Those are people and they read the comments.

#9880 11 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Charlie is sleeping

I noticed that too! They are loving it!

#9959 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Time for a new avatar.

Holy shit that's funny!

#10079 11 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I watched it again this morning. It was much more enjoyable when I just skipped right to the pinball segment. I think I was just somewhat annoyed with the chat banter between some of the pinballers complaining about the show, which I found to be disrespectful, and then the non-pinballers complaining about pinball.

Quoted for truth.

#10171 11 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

definitely not what most of us were expecting

This is what I can't figure out. It was announced what show it was in advance. A cursory glance at any clips would show exactly what you saw yesterday: A daily bullshit news stream with a very loose structure. Basically a live podcast. Not along the same lines as Tim and Eric or Eric Andre.

#10423 11 months ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

Got a BS edition in the low 200's through a distributor for $8,500.00. With shipping and tax I think it came out to around $9,400.00. Not the easiest pill to swallow, but with the low number and I game I really want, I'm okay with it.

If true, that's the most disappointing thing I've heard since this game was announced.

#10429 11 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

That really sucks if distros are holding some back and upping the price. I guess it's a free world for them to do so but I wonder if Spooky is aware and ok with this?

I'd be very curious to know who it is as well. Doubt we'll get to find out. I ordered from Spooky but talked to 2 distributors. Would like to think they are above that but who know.

#10908 11 months ago

Hey look no Stern T-shirt on JD!
I like Jack.... there’s definitely a plus to watching him play RM as he’s a great pinball player.
And, Jacks cool....he’s just like the rest of us. In love and Addicted to pinball and good for him he gets paid to do what he loves and even better for him, Stern supplies him with many machines to play. Who wouldn’t love that? So I’ll admit, I am jealous of him!
Looking forward to the stream!

Well said.

#10917 11 months ago

Starting soon!
www.twitch.tv/deadflip

1 week later
#11369 11 months ago
Quoted from chooch:

With all do respect Hilton fuck off.
The owners thread is open so you have no business being over here anymore acting like a thread moderator. So do us a favor and stay the fuck out of this one.

Wow. You seem like a real treat.
Acting like a thread moderator? Sounds familiar.

4 weeks later
#11873 10 months ago

So, if anyone wants to buy my spot in line BSE#429 let me know. I'm only looking to get out. Not looking for to sell at a premium. $1565

#11880 10 months ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Commendable offer. That's what I call a good friend discount if I've ever seen one. That's cheaper than what I paid for my spot directly from distro ($1,525 + $50 PayPal fee). Congrats to the new #429!

I've thought about getting out for a while. I was pretty hyped up for a while but I'll be honest, I'd like to have a TNA more and I can get one of those a lot sooner.
I am told often that I sell stuff for too cheap but I've had my fair share of good deals. It all evens out.

#11883 10 months ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Thanks for the gracious offer Cole ! Looking forward to playing #429 !

Glad it worked out for both of us!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reallifepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside