Topic Stats

• 12,246 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210108_020138 (resized).jpg
20210108_020106 (resized).jpg
Resized_20210106_145154 (resized).jpeg
no-stack-cones (resized).jpg
9DC9202A-B308-438B-BDF9-B34C9E7C70EE (resized).jpeg
20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG
IMG_1175 (resized).JPG
IMG_1174 (resized).JPG
DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (1 year ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (1 year ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (1 year ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1328 1 year ago

Joined the Fang Club earlier. Can anyone confirm how this works regarding payment? I see you can purchase a ACNC with a 1K deposit right from the Spooky site. How does it work after that? Full payment upon completion of your game? Regular intervals of 1K or so til paid in full? If the stars align, hopefully this'll be my first Spooky title.

Thanks.

#1340 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Pay 1k and the game is Yours and gets built. Not refundable, but if you change your mind you can pass that deposit/order to someone else.
Once Your game is in a box, pay the ballance. Your game is then shipped.
It works.

Awesome, thanks guys.

#1570 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Actually pricing was determined over 6 months ago. Many people already know the price. We base price on bill of materials not demand. Last but not least cartoon network decides when we show the game.

Any hints on that? More than Alice Cooper? Significantly more? Same?

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

<blockquote cite="#5345618"
Yeah, that'll be interesting. I'm in on a Blood Sucker Edition, but I can see many people not wanting to throw down more cash for non-functional upgrades.
I usually don't care about cosmetic upgrades but Spooky's usually seem to have more value for what they charge. It's not like you're paying an extra $1500 like you would on a Stern. Plus getting your game sooner is probably worth it!

I'll have to see what it looks like. I'd also be worried if I was one of the early completed games, that I wouldn't have my full balance by the completion date. Can they skip you if you need a bit more time? I'll be selling nearly all my remaining arcade games to fund my next NIB. Was planning on a JP Pro, but not anymore.

#1587 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I joined the Fang club, because it's at least worth supporting Spooky even if I don't end up buying Rick and Morty.

Same. I always like to see them out at shows and talk to the crew. I probably use my Spooky can coozie more than any other I have around. Let's get a fang club coozie in the works guys.

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Well, it's an interesting business challenge from Spooky's perspective. Do they ostracize the current Fang Club members who were supporting the company before this announcement or do they disappoint their new 1,000+ prospective customers?
If they keep this membership as a "paywall" of sorts, the 750 games will only be sold to the Fang Club members. Many of which joined solely to access the pre-sale.
It's tough, but it's a decision that Spooky is going to have to make.

When you say current Fang Club members: The Fang Club just became a thing. It was announced a couple months back, but signups only just opened up less than a week ago.

#1891 1 year ago

I was introduced to the show by a friend with the Pickle Rick episode last year. I then back tracked and started form the beginning.

#2167 1 year ago

I'm curious to know if Cartoon Network contacted you guys or if it was something you went for. Is Scott a rabid R&M fan and had to have the license, etc. Any details you're allowed to share would be interesting to know.

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, how confident is anyone that there are inline drop targets?
Can't really see any from underneath?

Doesn't appear to be any inlines.

#2217 1 year ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I’d think this has to push $7599-$7999.
Reason being, I assume this theme is miles beyond the demand of Alice Cooper. If this is the case, pricing below what demand would sustain will leave A LOT of cash on the table. I’d hate to see a situation that arises in which used game pricing outpaces NIB cost. But at the end of the day, the market will get to decide that based off the pricing out of the gate.

Charlie and Luke have stated the price was locked in months ago and they are not out to squeeze every dime from their customer base. I sure hope we aren't looking at your proposed price range.

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Couldn’t agree more.
750 is not a low number. Neither is 500. While they are “limited” to that it’s not a true “collectible” number which Spooky isn’t and will never go for.
JJP “collectible” worked with POTCCE. That number was 200? WonkaCE at 500? Not so much
Maybe Spooky would have said 1,000 if they could actually build them faster?
I doubt it, they have hit the sweet spot for their own business model and consistently keeping the line running.
I’m not waiting 18 months on any pin despite the FOMO factor reaching peak levels right now!!!
I believe Spooky has worked it out from Acnc where 6 months on my number went to like 15 months and I was in the 160s due to delays after announcement
Looking forward to this game as Spooky makes the next leap.

750 is less than the total number of Cactus Canyons produced. How is that not limited? There were more Ironman pins produced in the first run and they went nuts in price before the vault. With this game, this is it, no chance for more to make the original run obsolete or less limited.

#2542 1 year ago

Didn't see cab pics, but what we do see looks great.

#2706 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

yep (shipping is like $350).

That seems high. I've not paid over $200 for shipping for any other pin. Hoping that's not accurate.

#2799 1 year ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

looks like you hit a metal post to move a captive ball like on metallica pro to light locks. awesome![quoted image]

Noticed that too. Very creative. Hope it holds up.

#3243 1 year ago

Standard for me via distributor. Woot.

#3250 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Bowen just shared on Facebook that less than 100 machines are still available, wow

Double wow. And I'm sure the Spooky crew's personal games come from the Spooky allotment of 375.

#3414 1 year ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

You aren't factoring in that there are only 5 a week going towards these orders. The other 5 go to distributors, that are not accounted for in the order numbers being thrown around here.

That is not how they stated it early on. The allotment is in batches of 50, not 5. First 50 go to Spooky orders, next 50 evenly allocated to distributors, and so on.

#3444 1 year ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I think this was meant as 50/50 as in percentages, not actual machines. But I could be wrong.

Perhaps. I was going off of this quote from Luke:

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Distributors and Spooky games are mixed so 50 spooky then 50 assorted distro then 50 spooky etc....

#3461 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

This doesn't make sense, right? There was no allotment of BSE's, so they should've sold out at the same time as the standards. Unless BSE's can still be purchased, and will push the standard-buyers out of their place in line (I'm concerned).

I'm sure they know what they are doing. I'd have to guess there is a BSE (last game in their allotment) in someone's cart and it hasn't been fully processed yet. Just a guess.

#3594 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Seriously, everyone there grab a shot of whiskey!

It's 5 o clock somewhere. I'd join if I wasn't at work.

#3607 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Not until we sell these last 15 TOTAL GAMES!!!!!!!!!

Did you guys make a decision that the remaining few have to be BS editions, since the standard is marked as sold out? Just curious.

#3804 1 year ago

Congrats on the sellout. This does include a free packet of szechuan sauce right? Now, I figure out which pin shows will have Rick and Morty for me to play while we wait.

#3826 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Short answer is we dont know what the special first day purchase prize included is but 750 people will get it lol....

Yay, even us standard guys get it.

#4012 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe form some of the manufactures, but definitely not all. AP themes are have not been strong.

Who doesn't love beer?

#4548 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Distributors knew their numbers ahead of time. The girls had to list in all 375 of our numbers manually. Now they will begin emailing you each your number manually. It will take some time. Better system to come next launch. This time we did the website next launch we hopefully perfect the website. and fully automate. Each distributor had alot less games to organize and has had more time to do so than our girls who are taking care of 375 themselves.

Thanks for chiming in Luke. So, I ordered a standard from a distributor. How does my distributor knowing their number affect that scenario?

#4762 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The Anti-gravity Device (magnasave) works in a really cool old school way on this game. You charge the anti-gravity device using the captive ball (Flooble Crank Post). If you need to use the magnet to save a ball from the outlane, you can tap or hold the secondary button on the right side of the cabinet. The magnet will activate for as long as you hold it and as long as you have charge left. It is 100% time to charge based. You can conserve the charge by tapping, but if you get in a bad situation, you can press and hold and attempt to gain control and drop it down the inlane. This is my personal favorite way that magnasaves are implemented and I have not seen it done like this in a while. There is no exposed core, so pressing and holding is not a guarantee that you will save the ball. I usually just tap it away from the outlane and some of the time, it will flip back up and over the sling back into play.
Sorry for the lengthy responses.
--Scott

I like this way too. My Grand Lizard is the same. If you hold the button, it will drain multiple saves, but I love your battery meter implementation.

#5726 1 year ago

I figure "Ball Fondlers" has to be an adventure, right? Goes great with pinball.

#5820 1 year ago

Out of curiosity, why did some distributors require $1575 deposit if the BS game was supposed to be a $1525 deposit? I've seen it a few times from folks posting.

#5927 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Hey, it's a legitimate question, one that would make you wonder as well, had you any critical thinking skills.
All of the standards at the end of that cobbled together list are from direct orders, and there is no gap for standards through distribs. So either
1) all distrib orders are BSEs (unlikely)
2) the distrib standards get built in number order, before all BSEs are done (not as promised)
3) the distrib standards' slots get moved to the end, and most BSEs move up some small number of slots, and renumbering happens
4) the distrib standards get built at the end, built out of number order, so again most BSEs get built slightly sooner as in #3 but they leave the numbering alone
None of these scenarios are ideal, and none of it is earth-shattering, but logically one of the four must occur due to the system they used for the ordering.
No PANTY TWISTING involved, except maybe on your end if you can't wrap your head around the admittedly insignificant issue. I'm just curious how they're going to handle it is all.
EDIT: I presume it will be either 3 or 4, so it's all good news, most BSEs would be built slightly sooner than we thought, depending on how many distrib standards were ordered and where they sit in the list.

I'm actually quite curious about this myself. I was assigned a number from my distributor. I ordered a standard and my number is lower than some BSEs I've seen posted in that long list that keeps getting updated. I knew I'd be waiting a long time getting a standard, but I'm cool with that. It would be helpful to know if my game will be built in numbered order or just simply have a lower number stamped on it, but be built later. Happy Holidays fellow future Rick And Morty owners.

1 week later
#6827 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Once again you have proven yourself to be known for talking out your ass. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

You already addressed this with your first reply when you stated that he may have you confused with someone else. This second reply IS trolling. Why try to pick a fight after you've already explained your position?

1 week later
#7437 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'd like to see a close up pic of it. Hope it's strong.

I had concerns about it by the looks of it, as well. Having ordered a standard game, if any tweaks are needed for longevity, they should be in place by the time my game is produced.

#7666 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Hey spookycharlie or spookycharlie, how's that gameplay vid coming along?

Bowen seemed to indicate it would be a couple weeks out.

#7742 1 year ago

Super awesome. OOOOOOOOWEEEEEEE!!

1 week later
#8551 12 months ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I’ll be really excited after the 646 people ahead of me get their games and I am next in line to get mine.

I'm #646, but it's a standard. Which is yours, Jim?

1 week later
#9305 11 months ago

Hung this baby on the wall next to the basement door. Looking good.

IMG_20200128_221736151 (resized).jpg
#9622 11 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Finally got to watch. There is full LED lighting everywhere... to include the GI! Did anyone else notice the sling and pop bumper were "shots" that had to be made during one of the modes? They turned purple like targets. Brilliant!

I thought that was genius. Kind of expected it with TNA's bumper being a shot for reactors, but this is even cooler.

#9906 11 months ago

I rushed home to watch shaky cam pin streaming? Ugh. Topper looks well done.

#10009 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone know if there will be other voices in the show eg.Beth and Summer etc?

Good question. I hope so. I recall them saying it was a missed opportunity not having Danny Trejo's voice in pickle Rick mode. I would hope that Adult Swim and Spooky are allowed to use the Danny Trejo clips without paying additional royalties, since he was paid for his work already.

#10020 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s not usually how it works for SAG actors. They get royalties for reruns, syndication, etc...although I’m not entirely sure what the “rules” are for pinball. In Family Guy pinball, only Seth MacFarlane did custom callouts for his characters, but the game also included show clip voices of Alex Borstein, Mika Kunis, Seth Green, and Norm MacDonald. It doesn’t have any voice clips from Mike Henry or Patrick Warburton...and, Stern got “in trouble” for using Norm, since he wasn’t the voice of Death anymore when the pin came out. They sent Norm a game to make up for the mistake...he was happy with it lol. Soooo, I dunno if they paid off the actors who’s clips were used, or if they had different contracts than the others...but hopefully Spooky can include show clips of Jerry/Summer/Beth at least.

I guess every scenario is different. I was certainly only thinking about his already recorded show lines, not new stuff. I remember TSPP only had Dan, Nancy and Hank stuff, but stuff like BM66 has stuff from almost all actors, but not every single one, of course. Hmmm. I'm certain Pickle Rick mode is awesome without Danny's lines. Only really mentioned it since the Spooky guys did on their video.

#10022 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea, they have lots of guest stars that hit 1 episode, probably a lot of hassle and money to get them to use their stuff on the game. Who knows though, we might get a surprise.
Curious who the announcer voice is during the mode in that new stream (I forget what it was, but lots of talking as you progress). It didn't sound like Justin's normal voice.

That's likely Justin also.

#10341 11 months ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Via LCD/Inserts.... Sort of. Not via a physical toy/mod, right?

There is a meeseeks box in the game on the right by the upper flipper. There is a RGB controlled LED in there also. Is that what you mean?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/127#post-5383858

#10630 11 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I've no idea what individual actors cost for different games. I've heard some for some games, and yes they can get really, really pricey, but given Justin himself is a massive part of this project, I'd assume compensation could be bargained for.
Just an idea.
If clips might not even have other actors present, this could be a workaround. Powder coated coin door or......Beth or Summer or Squanchy...?

Of those 3, I think the actress that plays Summer would be the least expensive option. Sarah Chalke and Tom Kenny are big.

#10694 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

In a nutshell they knowing manufactured something into all 3 models of STH and is hitting everyone up who bought it for more money to use this secret feature.

I'm surprised folks who have UV pinstadiums in their Stranger Things games hadn't already commented on that art. I admit, I haven't been following that thread cuz I have never seen the show.

#10777 11 months ago

I'll be laying a ton of laminate flooring all day tomorrow. Hope he archives the stream.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 36.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside