Topic Stats

• 12,246 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210108_020138 (resized).jpg
20210108_020106 (resized).jpg
Resized_20210106_145154 (resized).jpeg
no-stack-cones (resized).jpg
9DC9202A-B308-438B-BDF9-B34C9E7C70EE (resized).jpeg
20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG
IMG_1175 (resized).JPG
IMG_1174 (resized).JPG
DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (1 year ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (1 year ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (1 year ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 1 year ago

I’m ready to get schwifty. Scott Danesi + amazing license + real voices + humor = I’m 1000% in. My pinball abstinence has been broken by this.

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

The cartoon is completely bizarre but pretty damn funny. Not sure how it will translate into a pinball machine but this is definitely interesting.

It’s perfect. Since the show is relatively random - traveling to different dimensions, that lends itself perfectly to pinball rules, IMO. Random order, various quests, tons of funny characters. It’s unreal that Stern let this go.

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

I saw it for the first time last week. Horrible / crude show. Unwatchable in my view. This title would never make it into my home.

It’s in its 4th season & has 70 more episodes ordered...but yeah, unwatchable.

7300E4B5-94C9-4B97-86DF-B1151FC0F7F7.gif
#169 1 year ago

My wife wants a Mr. Poopy Butthole edition.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Well, Stern did get Godzilla so there’s that.

Joke’s on them. This is far more relevant and desirable. This will KILL on route.

Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I’m with you on this. I know who they are, but I’ve never watched an episode. Archer would have been a much better theme. But hey, if this appeals to millennials still living in their parents basement, I’m all for growing the hobby...

Here’s what the people like you don’t get. This isn’t just a “millennial” theme. This show has fans that span all demographics. Teens to olds watch it. Men & women love it. It’s funny, it’s huge, and as with most hit animated shows - it’s evergreen. It’ll be popular and funny for years. Perfect pinball theme. Old collectors who buy for home will buy it. Young players will love it at barcades.

This is a winner. Anyone who tried to dismiss this is in a sad little corner of misunderstanding.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

They should of kept the spooky theme and created a Evil dead or Halloween pin. Not really interested in this. I doubt they will sell 750 of these.

OK, Jerry.

22 million views:

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

That being said, I have no clue who Rick and Morty are and I have never seen an episode.......I am out!

Go watch an episode. Lol.

#264 1 year ago

I wonder if Australian Exports will be Bushworld Adventures.

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

And 20 million were for Simpsons reference.

See if any other Simpsons YouTube videos have 22 mil views. The R&M fans were watching.

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Yeah, sort of like an old man not understanding how typing on one’s phone with auto spellcheck can change words. Don’t get me wrong Mr. OldHero, captain of the spelling police, I should proof before I post

Wasn’t looking at your spelling. Maybe I got you confused with someone else. Thinking of a certain podcast guest. My apologies if you’re not the podcast guy always saying “Pat Lawyer”.

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

LOL. See if any other R&M videos have 22 million views or even close. Simpson’s fans were watching.

Are you seriously trying to question the popularity of the show? Stop while you’re ahead. It’s Adult Swim’s biggest show. They picked it up for 70 more episodes to keep the creators from getting poached by Netflix. It’s currently Hulu’s most watched show. They sell tons of merch.

It’s. A. Huge. Relevant. Hit.

Anyone trying to diminish this has nothing to back up their ignorance.

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Simpsons 30 seasons and renewed for two more seasons.
You got a lot of catching up to do.
I’ll leave it at that since this is a R&M thread.

I was watching The Simpsons since Tracey Ulman. I was selling Simpsons shirts to my classmates in Jr. High, lol. Rick & Morty is the closest thing to a current Simpsons. It’s very rare that a new animated show has that kind of pull...a 70 episode pickup is unheard of. Even Simpsons gets 22 per renewal.

#325 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Did it? I've never heard this before, and looking at what the following couple of years of releases looked like, I just don't see it. I would argue that Harley-Davidson did more for pinball than South Park lol.

South Park came out at the same time as Pinball 2000 & outsold/out-earned it by a long shot. Great theme on mediocre game beat innovation & Bally/Williams last hurrah. Stern survived, B/W threw in the towel.

Stern always knew: Theme matters. And while Stern doesn’t always go with humorous themes - humor sells. People don’t play South Park because it’s good...they play it because it’s funny.

Now with Rick & Morty...we’ve got Scott Danesi designing, so we know it’ll be good...and with Justin Roiland participating with custom voices, we know it’ll be funny. Theoretically, this game will appeal to seasoned pinheads & casuals due to this combo.

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'd say I'm surprised from how many people are in and allready ordering without seeing absolutely anything . However nothing surprises me anymore in this hobby from crazy prices that keep going up to questionable quality and less and less on the playfield ... but everyone keeps buying as long as the theme is something they like. Crazy hobby were in for sure and manufacturers have it made at the moment ... get a decent theme and you sell a ton of product and nothing else matters lol.

I’m super hyped for this game, but you’re right. Here’s my personal take: I haven’t bought a new pin in about 5 years. I don’t like what Stern’s been making for multiple reasons: build quality, unfinished code, questionable creative decisions in rules & use of license assets. I bought a used TNA last year. I really love the game....best game that’s been made since Metallica, IMO. I trust Scott & Spooky. I love the license & love that the show’s creator is involved...no missing assets or fake voices. After my great experience with a used Spooky game, I feel good about supporting them with a new purchase in this instance.

If the game sucks...I’ll only have myself to blame...but that’s where I’m coming from. I don’t have that faith/trust in any of the other manufacturers at this moment.

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Sorry just watched the clips for the 1st time. Don’t get it, DUMB. Looks like a men n black cartoon rip off.

Cool story, Ebert. What other things would you like to give us an uneducated opinion about? Did you see a bird this morning? Please tell us about how it’s a squirrel rip off because it was on a tree branch. Did you find a cigarette butt on the sidewalk and lick it? Please tell us how it wasn’t as good as a McGriddle.

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Millennial checking in! I will be switching these machines off at locations that have them so I won't have to hear the terrible audio they will spew.

Terrible audio? From Scott Danesi? Impossible.

#431 1 year ago
Quoted from Astill:

I think its about time for a modern theme. Im an old white guy and i love nostalgia but i am getting tired of the old themes. I think this is a step in the right direction.

Good news! R&M started as a BTTF Doc & Marty parody...nostalgia is in its DNA!

#442 1 year ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

I'm not. South Park has can be set to PG-13 or G Rated, and Playboy has 3 sets of play field inserts, fully-nude, semi-nude, and never-nude. Adjustable censorship makes perfect sense on any game.

So does Family Guy & Metallica. Has there ever been an adult game without family settings?

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I think the younger generation has way more issues with profanity and sexual content.

I think there’s more context to it. People have finally been given the courage and power to speak up against exploitation, sexism, and rape culture. Gratuitous sex scenes in movies didn’t exist to further a story - it was there because audiences would pay to see tits. Comedians like Andrew Dice Clay were popular because of the “You can’t see this on TV” nature of the material...but, the comedy was generally “look at the tits on dat broad!”. Culture & comedy evolve every 5-10 years. The younger generation still likes profanity & sex in media - but not if it’s creepy, bigoted, exploitative or exclusionary.

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Dwight tried with Ghostbusters but had to add it after release due to the Puritan outcry.

GB isn’t an adult title. What was considered offensive about it? Aside from Trudeau & the horrible design? Was there a setting for that?

#467 1 year ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Questions @SpookyCharlie - how long will your company agree to update the code for this game? It'd be a shame to do a one and done type of ordeal and if that is the game plan what about making the code open source so others can continue to develop for this title when you stop?

I’m not Charlie, but Spooky has supported all games with code updates. No pinball company will ever make a licensed game open source.

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Sooooo how Many people are big fans of R+M that DONT Smoke pot? Seems like one of those if your high its hilarious shows.

Why dismiss the immense talent behind this show by insulting them & the viewers? I’ve never smoked pot in my life. It’s a well written, well executed show.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

I dont know about you guys. But if my Wife walked in the living room and i had this cartoon on with the main character cussing Vulgarly every other word. And pussy looking plumbus or whatever the fuck that is and is supposed to be funny. Id get a "WTF are you watching turn that shit off."

My wife loves it. So, there’s another theory you have about people proven incorrect.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

At the same time we Like ren and stimpy. #Ren&Stimpyisbetter

I loved R&S in 1992, but it’s absolutely irrelevant in 2019. Even more so since the truth about John K’s inappropriate young girl stalking/grooming/pedophilia was revealed. There will never be a R&S pin. Ever.

#516 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

After Watching the clips posted here. Theres no way in hell Stern would do this theme. Wayyyyy to vulgar with the language and content.
Spooky is definitely the ones to show they are willing to do a title justice when it comes to that.
So spooky was perfect for R+M.

Stern did:

South Park with a carpet munching mode.
Sopranos with F F F F F constantly.
Family Guy with tons of profanity, anal jokes, abortion jokes, etc.
Metallica with “Jack-fuckin’-pot!”
TWD with gore galore.

Stern has no problem with adult games if the licensor approves.

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Going to check out this R&M thing. What channel is it on?

Adult Swim & Hulu.
Select episodes are free here if you don’t have a TV Provider or Hulu:
https://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty

#561 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

it feels like it's REALLY REALLY early for a game based on it to be coming out,

This is perfect timing. It premiered in 2013 & has a solid passionate fanbase. 70 episodes are currently in production, keeping it relevant for some time to come.

#598 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I checked on Netflix and couldn't find it. I'll have to look again.

After Adult Swim, R&M is a Hulu exclusive. It’s not on Netflix.

#782 1 year ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

With LE appended to the title, I can’t see this game being less than $7K. Hopefully we’ll be surprised.

All Spooky games are limited. They don’t run multiple titles at once.

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

In Oz the first two seasons (at least) have most definately been shown on Netflix Australia. Maybe not in other countries...

It used to be on Netflix here, too. Shows shift around based on contracts. When HBO Max debuts, R&M will be exclusive to them & leave Hulu.

#829 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

and because I have no idea who Rick and Morty is-it will be a pass for me.

OH JEEZE OH NO! Scott! Are you seeing this!?!? Charlie!??!? Guys, better cancel the whole thing, because OMG Pinmister is going to pass! He’s been in a coma since before 2013, he’s going to pass!!! Don’t make the game anymore, we can’t have people unaware of amazing shit passing now, can we!?!?!?

Ahem...

For those who get really scared about pinball themes they’re unaware of...I had never seen the LOTR movies when I started to play the game. I learned about all the quests, characters, quotes & music from playing the game - then watched & enjoyed the movies once I was steeped in the lore from pinball. R&M isn’t even as complex as LOTR to understand. If you have no idea who R&M are and refuse to spend 22 minutes learning, and you walk up to the pin - this is all you need to know: Mad scientist & grandson use an interdimensional portal gun to go on wacky sci-fi adventures. They’ll say funny shit while doing it. Pretty simple pinball narrative to understand even if you’re new to it.

#833 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

I never watched No Good Gophers but I love that game?

I hate golf & I love that game lol

#886 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The only difference I found was that if I ordered directly from Spooky, I had to pay CA sale tax, but I found a distributor that did not charge the tax. So basically that's what made my decision. I saved about $600 on my ACNC by going through a distributor. The Spooky team is still there behind the machine 100% with amazing customer service!

Warning: you will probably get contacted by the California Use Tax Board & end up having to pay tax anyway. They get copies of all receipts from the shippers...they’ll see a big heavy pinball machine receipt & get on your case. They may let it slip, but just be aware you might have to pay tax.

#888 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Well, so far so good. I've shipped several pinball machines to my house over the past several years and never been hit yet. While they get copies of the shipping receipt, they do not get the invoice that has the actual purchase price of the game on it. If and when the tax board becomes aware of the purchase and go to collect the tax, my understanding is they go after the seller who was supposed to collect the tax in the first place. I could be wrong, but that is how it was explained to me. This is why a lot of sellers (including Spooky) are collecting various state taxes at time of purchase so they do not get hit on the back end.
The distributor I use keeps track of various sales to different states and he explained to me that they will come after him once he goes over a certain threshold to a state. He keeps his sales under the various thresholds and he has never been flagged or taxed. When I bought my ACNC, I was the final game he would sell to CA so he did not exceed that threshold. Seems to have worked out for him over the years.

Sweet, good to know!

#901 1 year ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

It's Rick AND Morty. It's not Rick & Morty or Rick + Morty. It's Rick AND Morty. The acronym clearly needs to be RAM, not R&M and certainly not R+M. Let's get that shit straight right now so future searches are improved.

Never. R&M looks/feels right. R&M for a million years Morty!!!

#987 1 year ago

How am I gonna decide what game to sell to make room!?!?

575E2AE7-ED75-42B7-9612-F0FB137F0B3E.jpeg
#1066 1 year ago

No wonder the world is messed up today people who like and watch this shit. Have fun in your LA wasteland of fake people. Be you hate Iron Maiden music too and like trendy alternative crap, but probably one of those that just own the pin and hate the music.

You’ve made a lot of bizarre assumptions & correlations for the sake of really limp insults. Was it worth it? Give yourself yes lil’ ol’ pat on the head after you hit “send”, did ya?

Fun facts for you to gnaw on, if you’re so inclined.

1. I don’t live in a wasteland.
2. I don’t associate with fake people....metaphorically or AI driven cyborgs.
3. I’m neutral about Iron Maiden music. It’s similar to bands I liked growing up, so I’ll enjoy it if it’s on or if I’m playing the pin.
4. I don’t think there is “trendy alternative crap” in 2019. Did you write this in 1997?
5. I’ve never owned an Iron Maiden pinball.

In the future, please reach out to me for facts so you can improve your roasting skills. Comedy works best when based in truth!

#1096 1 year ago

Not taking it personal. It’s simple, Maiden is a band (and not my favorite overall but like) that will be remembered when we’re long and gone whether anyone likes them or not, this show will be long forgotten.

Why is it a contest? Did anyone even mention Maiden?

Rick & Morty has cemented itself in the pop culture and the future history of hit animated Prime Time shows. The notion that it will be forgotten is baseless. You’re like a guy saying “Simpsons is a fad” in 1995.

Also I thought your last post was going to be your last post.

#1099 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No wonder people are confused, the BS edition is meant to be the Limited Edition, right?? ... yet now there are suddenly Two Limited Editions. Makes no sense.

The game is limited to 750.

Of those 750, some may be BS editions which have a custom trim package if the customer requests it.

That’s it. Not too complex.

#1111 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

What about the leftovers in the "fang club" that could have paid and potentially be left with no game?
No it does not look so simple at all (yes could well get technical, messy and Complex!) now that there are Two Limited Editions and no regular editions, for an obviously hot title.
Makes no sense.

It makes sense.

There’s one edition. 750.

Fang Club members get a 2 week early window to order & option to buy an exclusive trim upgrade package for their 1 of 750. Upgraded versions are known as “Blood Suckers Edition”.

That’s it. Not complex.

#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wonder why the announcement of 750 total made? I understand that is fueled partly by what Spooky can manufacturer in an acceptable time frame, but it seems otherwise intended to drive FOMO.

FOMO is how pinball survives. Stern sells LEs thru FOMO....everything else they sell is gravy. Jack’s model doesn’t inspire FOMO. AP’s doesn’t either.

That being said, Spooky is doing this because they know what they can build in a time frame. They’ll have guaranteed cash to pay everyone for a known amount of time. What they’re doing makes sense for their small business.

TNA was different. That was almost like a bonus game while ACNC was really their main game on the line.

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

So you can not order a BS edition (within the prescribed time frame) if the orders have reached 750? ... even if half of those below 750 are regular Limited Editions? . It has the potential to turn contradictory.
Probably won't happen, but could. What if it does happen? ? ... it seems some shit will hit the fan one way or another.
The "Limited Edition" decision seems to lack fore-thought.

Once again, all Spooky games have been limited. Limited is the baseline.

Of those 750, any of them can be made into BSE. Nothing contradictory. Not sure why you can’t wrap your head around this.

Once 750 R&Ms sell, they’re GONE. If there are 750 Fang Club members and they buy them all in the 2 weeks, they’re gone. If 400 of 750 turn into BSE, that’s the # of BSE.

Spooky is NOT selling this like a Stern or JJP.

There is ONE game, 750 units. Any of those 750 may be upgraded for the Fang Club buyer to a BSE.

That’s it.

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

If there is demand for 1000+ regular editions, why not be using that as a launchpad to expand capacity a little?
.... boutique or not, still there to make money, so why leave a heap of money laying on the table, along with disgruntled paid up Fang Club members??

I think you’re jumping to a lot of conclusions here. We don’t know there is demand for 1000. It’s highly doubtful there will be 750 Fang Club members. Pretty sure anyone joining Fang Club just to get a R&M will be able to get one.

Keep in mind, as with every Spooky game - buyers lose patience. If it does sell out, you’ll see people selling spots or even early buyers selling their game to chase the next shiny. Anyone who wants a R&M will be able to get one. However if you’re worried - join the Fang Club & order one.

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

There are questions that have no answer...

They’ve all been answered, you keep ignoring them lol.

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I don't know how appropriate a "Blood Sucker" set of addons is going to be for a R&M theme? I assume Spooky has thought this through, but on the surface it seems like a dripping blood paint apron or whatever isn't really going to enhance the theme.

It’s just a name. They wouldn’t make trim that doesn’t match the license.

#1223 1 year ago

Your a fool plain and simple if can’t name one of Maidens songs after 50 years and like a cartoon like this my friend. If you like sabbath and priest but not them oh well guess trendy alternative Dave Matthews for you.

OMG this is the funniest thing I’ve ever read. “trendy alternative Dave Matthews”...in 2019.

Did you just come out of a coma? My college roommates were all about Dave Matthews in 1996 lol. Never liked Dave Matthews, myself...still couldn’t name a Maiden song tho lol. Can you name a Helloween song? Oh wait, I don’t care.

#1226 1 year ago

Yes I can and seen the band twice.

I love “I want out” ...I made it my baby’s theme song before she was born lol

#1230 1 year ago

I knew we would get along in the end. But I meant to post this one.

I was going through old shit & found my Keeper of the 7 Keys Pt 2 tape case...but no tape!

#1231 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Shadow was one of the worst movies I ever seen but I rather love the pinball machine

The difference is, no one is paying $7k for a Shadow. Most Shadow owners got it for less than $2k cuz no one wanted to pay a lot for a game based on a bad movie.

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

At first I thought they were making a mistake by calling this table a limited edition and telling us they won't make any more R&M tables, ever. But think about it:
750 units at <=10/week is 75 weeks of building R&M. If they start on January 1 2020 and manage 10/week solid throughout the whole run (clearly not possible) the last table would roll off the line June 11, 2021.
Spooky has said they don't want to hire a bunch of staff intending to have a string of megahits and then have to lay people off when one table doesn't go stratospheric. So, 10/week is their business model, and at that rate 750 total units should carry them 1.5 years. One would presume they intend to keep designing pinball tables, and it's a safe bet that by the time 750 rabid R&M fans have their tables that there will be MORE hype for whatever's coming next.
Consider the options:
1) Limited run of 750: They will easily sell 750 tables with a combination of rabid fans, gotta-have-it collectors, and FOMO. When they're done they tear down the production line and start making their next thing. Nice and clean, and they're nearly guaranteed to sell 750.
2) Limited run of 1500: They MAY sell all the tables. But they have to hire a bunch of people to do so, and suffer the giant HR hassle of temporary staff. No-shows, walk-offs, and staff who are either bad at making pinball tables or are good but take a dozen tables to learn their trade. I'll pay extra for the "Non-Temp Edition", please.
3) Build 750, but leaving the door open for future runs: People will play wait-and-see, like many of us do with Stern releases (like I'm VERY glad I did with Deadpool, and wish I had with Ghostbusters). They might sell 750, but there won't be a rush. And a couple years from now when more people want R&M, their production line will be busy with their newest table. Spooky added uncertainty to their 750-unit run, and gained a PITA later to re-tool to build a few more tables for those that weren't sure they wanted a R&M.
Knowing that Spooky can make 10/week makes this 750 unit limited run a very wise move, IMHO.

What’s all this about tables? This is the Rick & Morty pinball machine thread...take this table talk to Furnitureside!

#1315 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

You get swag and "membership" for your money. Getting info and able to order early is a perk of the membership and not the reason to buy a membership. Spooky has said many times that people that support them, they will support. Your missing the big picture, your joining the CLUB...simple....free swag....a perk of seeing stuff early and be able to order early. Simple really. Im sure Spooky can use extra cash to throw themselves a nice Christmas party. These guys/ girls deserve it.

TNA is so good, I almost feel guilty buying a used one instead of new....so, I’ll consider paying for the Fang Club to be a little “thank you” from me to Spooky.

#1441 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

R&M really knocked deeproot to the side. Will Stranger Things do the same thing to R&M?

Deeproot knocked Deeproot to the side. Hiring the hobby’s villain, years of baseless bragging & insults, then showing a boring unfinished prototype of a game that’s been in development for 7 years...they only have themselves to blame if no one gives a rat’s F about them.

#1498 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It certainly looks like it could be a pop bumper in the left slingshot...
If it is, that's Awesome!! ... Love it!

The low bumper on TNA is one of my favorite things ever. Just makes things so crazy and fun. Can’t wait to see how weird this playfield is.

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from ashandrik:

I'm kind of new to the hobby. I've been playing once or twice a week for the last couple months and once a month or two for the last year or two. I love it though. I finally scraped together enough money to afford a pin of my own for the game room in the basement. Rick and Morty is probably the top of my dream theme list, but I can't see waiting, potentially, 18 months for my first pin.
Say I decide to buy a different pin, thinking I'll pick this one up in a year or two when they've been around a while. What are the chances it'll be popular enough that it ends up like an The Addams Family, Scared Stiff, or Twilight Zone, and actually ends up not dropping much or even increasing in price? Seems unlikely to me, but with a limited number like this and such a popular theme, maybe? But, I don't think any other game in recent production has done that, has it?

It’s pure speculation at this point, but here’s how it always shakes out:

A super popular theme + limited edition will result in a quick sell out. The game’s future value will be based on demand. Once the game is done & out there, it will gain a reputation. It will only go up in value is it’s really really great, universally loved, and everyone wants it. The only Stern LE’s that really rocketed in value were AC/DC & Tron. The rest, eh...although part of that could be due to Premiums satiating the market that wants the full experience without the scalper price. R&M won’t have anything beyond 750...so, could be a Tron situation if it’s super fun. If people are divided on it, value will reflect that.

#1525 1 year ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

How many just blew their wad (of money) on JP2??

This is pinball 2019. There’s been an influx of buyers over the past 5 years or so who ONLY buy new...they’re not strapped for cash & will buy what they want.

...and then there are some of us have wads that we don’t blow on new Stern games with questionable quality & fake voices. We wait for something legit for our wad.

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Hope they don't sell out before I have a chance to play the game. I don't know how so many of you can spend thousands on a game you haven't had a chance to flip. Looking at TNA it wasn't a game of interest. Then I played it and it was amazing. It became my first NIB.

It’ll be gone before you can play it. That being said, you’ll eventually get the chance to buy a spot from someone or even a used one while people are still waiting for their games to ship.

#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Star Wars was the 5th (6th?) game from that franchise dating to 1979, from a guy designing games since 1979, with a rather bland fan layout.
BKSOR is the 3rd entry in a franchise dating to 1980, same designer and featuring another bland fan layout...
MMR is just a remake to satisfy demand that was created in 1997...

Not to mention BK & SW also had Premiums...you could wait & buy later and still get the full experience. MM already had thousands in existence.

#1749 1 year ago
Quoted from schwarz:

https://shop.spookypinball.com/myaccount.asp
Login with the email and password you provided and it opens your account.
From there you'll find your Fang Club number, special shit to buy etc.

The only number I see is the order number, which people are saying isn’t necessarily the Fang Club number.

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm still waiting for a Spooky game to feature Bryan's Kelly's legendary Cheese Pump.

Wiscaaahnsin: THE GAME!

#1868 1 year ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

I’ll tell ya what, I like dumb shows, aquateen hunger force, stuff like that.... But I watched a few of the first R&Ms and can’t get into it..

Rick & Morty is a smart show. Perhaps that’s the issue?

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m trying to find an example where a game sold out Instantly.
Metallica LE did where there was confusion with people getting valid orders revoked because dealers didn’t get the allocation they were promised?

My friend ordered a MetLE for her fiancé as a wedding gift, and the distrib had to tell her it had oversold...but then he decided to let them have the game he had personally reserved for himself.

AC/DC LE sold out pretty quickly as well.

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I foresee a lot of people trading early spots with later spots when the time comes. its gonna be really hard to nail down your place in line and nobodys gonna wanna wait to order.

Even if I had to wait till the very last Rick off the line - I’d get it before my Lebowski #56 would have ever shown up.

Perspective, people. Spooky’s done right by everyone. Be patient.

#2543 1 year ago

I got schwifty when I watched that video.

#2688 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW MUCH MORE ADULT THE REAL GAME CALLOUTS ARE. I will not share the real words here but these are real custom call outs from Justin Roiland written by him. We have the real characters sound and video. Yes it is exactly as vulgar as the show. Setting to make it PG will be included.

You’re doing the Lord’s work!!!

(To clarify - Lord Duckfucker Shitgobbler from the Slappycock dimension of the Scrotumhair Dingleberry galaxy, of course)

#2718 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That seems high. I've not paid over $200 for shipping for any other pin. Hoping that's not accurate.

You live close to where pinball is made.

#2778 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

You mean like how Marge and Lisa are missing from TSPP?

It’ll most likely be like Family Guy - Justin doing customs for all his characters, and other character voices will be from show clips.

#2857 1 year ago

Edit: Spoiler Quote Removed

Don’t spoil shit that just aired 2 seconds ago. Not everyone watches instantly.

#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Wow that pop bumper taking the place of the left sling, so close to the flippers.

Notice the “Slam Save” insert? Ball save in case the pop shoots it STDM. Shouldn’t be too bad. Based on TNA, Scott is very fair about ball save from cheap drains.

#3539 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

[quoted image][quoted image]

LOL why does the flyer say “P3 Multimorphic System”?

#3546 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

I feel ya. I’m in the same boat. The playfield artwork is a huge miss for me. It’s like someone that doesn’t understand pinball threw a bunch of clip art everywhere.

Actually it looks like they understand the theme & classic pinball art. There are “lines” to each shot with the electricity trails....similar to classic games. And the stuff floating around is accurate to the R&M opening sequence.

Also, I thought TNA’s art looked simple at first, but when you’re playing you realize it’s a benefit - the true art while playing is the light show...and that plays better off simpler art.

#3810 1 year ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

how and where to order?

LOL sold out broh!

#3853 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Shows how very, very wrong one can be.

To be fair, he’s always wrong about everything.

#3991 1 year ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I am fairly sure Cliffy will be making protectors.

You don’t need a Cliffy since the game comes with Mantis style protection from the factory.

Here’s my TNA scoop. Played tons. Not a chip.

6A3482C4-CAA9-454D-A708-9C70B58EF109.jpeg
#4084 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The response to coming themes after this release will be viewed through a slightly different lens now too, I'd say. It's a humour theme pin, which there are not enough of in my opinion. Manufacturers would do well going forward I think, to work at themes that have Laughter at their core

Deadpool & GOTG could have been really funny, but they went with bad fake voices & hokey writing.

#4142 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

I think Super Troopers would do well.

OK, weird...random 20
year old Wal-Mart bargain bin movie...

I think the bad-idea Killer Klowns guy from page 1 had a better idea lol

#4555 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm scratching my head a bit, that there's no ball jumping through a portal, from ramp to ramp. I think RAZA showed something like that.

RAZA’s had like 7 years to barely exist, scam people, die, get resurrected by a blowhard a-hole, and still barely exists. Scratch your head at Jpop being employed.

#4570 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Wanting more, or visualizing things differently, isn't a bad thing, and doesn't mean I don't hope to enjoy the machine greatly.

That’s fine, but when you compare it to a total
shitshow project that has left many “casualties” in its wake...I dunno, it’s a little diminishing to a humble talent like Scott who didn’t just say he could do it all - he DID IT with TNA...and is doing it again. We’ll have 2 Danesi games before anyone will ever see a manufactured functioning Jpop game.

Quoted from wesman:

We are also able to discuss games detached from companies and creative leads, like any form of art, and still do so and appreciate these things for what they don't and do offer us as consumers.

Pinball is a very very small world...can you think of any other product like this where the buyers & creators have almost total access to each other? Yes, pinball is a business, but it still operates very much like a close knit hobby. So, sorry - some of us can’t separate the “art from the artist” with pinball. It’s too close. I saw Jpop’s cult scam for what it was from day 1. He should not be allowed employment in pinball after what he did. I’ll never buy of even play a Derp Poop game due to Robert’s arrogance & Jpop’s involvement. I would never buy anything from Barry at DP after what they’ve done. This is a small hobby. We don’t have to entertain scoundrels when there are good people making games.

Quoted from wesman:

I scratch my head more at the fact that he's seemingly that competent a designer, that's created unlicensed games that have held their value, and are pretty beloved. No matter what you think of the guy personally, some of his games are brilliant.

He was surrounded by the absolute best of the best at Bally Williams. They had the talent & budget to make his ideas come to life. There are plenty of stories of others like Steve Ritchie having to step in and save his projects. The truth is, he’s a maniac. Hard to work with. Delusions of grandeur. There’s a REASON Stern never hired Jpop when they were scooping up all the other B/W talent...and some of that talent isn’t always easy to work with as well - so that should tell you how poisonous they considered Jpop.

#4575 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

I have no beef or cheers for Jpop. I don't know any designers or anyone in the pinball world on a deeply personal level. So for me personally to judge them, doesn't make sense.

So his crimes didn’t affect you - try having some empathy for those he stole from & lies to. Be aware of the story and how he affected people here before just invoking him like there’s no context behind him and his story.

Quoted from wesman:

Sheesh man. For a guy with a pickle as his current icon, maybe tone down the hate

Don’t dismiss discussion of the facts concerning charlatans & their documented schemes as “hate”. That makes it seems as though there’s no rationale or context.

#4589 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Take this to PM if you really want to morally joust with me more.

Nah. We’re done. This thread doesn’t deserve any more of this. Hitting “the button”. Suggest you do the same.

#4612 1 year ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

What exactly is the “butter” cabinet? Is it the same art but just shiny? This is my first spooky purchase so I don’t know what to expect.

Anyone want to explain it for the 40th time for Jerry?

#5182 1 year ago

Thankfully with my new baby, I have zero sense of time - whenever my game shows up, it’ll feel like tomorrow.

Either way, her first words will probably be “wubbadubdub motherfucker!!!”. Win-win.

#5225 1 year ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

10 years ago someone here bought Gates McFaddens still NIB STTNG that she received for doing the voicework on the game.

#5398 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Maybe licensors will take note of this whole situation and not license huge IPs to small businesses that can't meet demand. I have a feeling that general feelings toward spooky are going to be more negative after R&M because they're trying to force a big IP into their small business model and people are frustrated from not being able to get a game, or having to wait a long time, or seeing people selling spots, or having to join a paid club to have a chance to get a game, or having to decide before they see any real gameplay... Etc etc.

Plenty of licensors simultaneously license their big IPs for t-shirts/lunch boxes while also doing expensive/small-run exclusive collectibles.

Licensors have zero to “learn” from this.

#5444 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It might be a little bit trickier with a licensed title.

Stern does it for every game.

#5516 1 year ago
Quoted from Airball:

Have any Distributers released their numbers To customers?

I got mine. 170.

#5567 1 year ago

Why is it a shocker?

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from Bos98:

A really cool surprise would be if all the buyers got to be listed in the credits of an episode and were seen as cartoon versions of ourselves in some inter-dimensional pinball tournament on the show!

Designing/animating 750 incidental characters for a few seconds of screen time would cause a studio walkout lol

#5583 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Man but wouldnt it be cool??

As someone who makes animated shows, I’m biased...I see an idea like that and think “FUUUUCK NOOOOO” lol

#5659 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

How many seasons! Lol

It’s a very slow production. They got a 70 episode pick up...of those 5, have aired. They’ll prob get out 10-15 eps next year.

I just got this in the mail. Could probably make for a fun mod on the playfield with some LEDs behind the portal!

4C23536C-3926-477E-97FD-6F7CE317C131.jpeg391AFE97-EFE7-4EEE-B3E9-4B07CD298738.jpeg
#5692 1 year ago
Quoted from benhardy:

24 episodes per season...

Season 1 had 11, 2 & 3 had 10.

They’re doing 70 episodes right now - each 10 will prob be considered a season.

#5782 1 year ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Not sure whether this has been sugested yet, but since Rick and Morty travel to all sorts of parallel universes, wouldn't it be cool if in the game Rick and Morty on occasion travel to the scene of Total Nuclear Annihilation and make some funny comments about Scarlett on her mission?

No. 99% of the people playing would have no clue what that is. I own TNA & had no idea the girl’s name is Scarlett. R&M is already brimming with content and comedy...it doesn’t need an ultra ultra ultra inside pinhead “jokes”.

#6032 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I can just see it 30 years from now people will remember Rick and Morty because of the pinball machine (like we do with The Shadow).

LOL nah - Shadow was a flop. R&M has been non-stop successful since it first aired.

#6094 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I'm sure none of you know who this is but he's a major youtube star with 6 million twitter followers. Pretty cool.
https://twitter.com/JeffreeStar/status/1210603803671584768

Did he order one before they sold out? If not - spot flippers GO GO GO!

#6254 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m just gonna wait a year, buy a HUO for a thousand less while last in line are still waiting for their NIB.
18 months is waaaay too long.

While that’s what normally happens with Spooky games, their previous themes have not had the passion that this one has, and aside from TNA, they also didn’t have the design chops. This has THE theme & THE designer. While this won’t be as bonkers as Supreme, there will be non-pin people who really want this game...the people waiting to grab one will be rabbid, and ya know - supply/demand happens. My prediction is that 2nd hand value will at the very least hold, but likely creep up a tad.

#6265 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackster:

So what you're saying is, this could be the next BBB?

Who can say. Circumstances are different. With BBB, the originals were selling for ~$30k, the remakes were originally $4500, so there was a lot of room in the middle for those remake prices to go up...there were 200 or so of those, it might get remade again.

It’d say maybe it’s a bit more similar to Tron, which had 400 LEs, and a hardcore nerd theme that was a dream for many arcade & pin collectors. You had people outside the pin hobby that wanted it (I knew lots of arcade guys who wanted it...had no other pins).

R&M has no “Pro” and no chance of a “Vault”.

Anyway, I’m not gonna pull a Crazy J and say “10k by Xmas” ...but with the excitement, love and demand - I really don’t see how this game drops in value once people start occasionally putting them up for sale. It just isn’t the typical Spooky. Only way it can drop is if the game disappoints & a bunch are for sale simultaneously.

#6270 1 year ago

LOL, eh? Stern has remade some games as Vault Editions, so people speculate that anything could be remade at anytime, hence 8 years of Tron Vault threads. Without that looming, Trons might be even more expensive. Spooky isn’t going to re-run games, that factors into a game’s aftermarket value.

#6275 1 year ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Stern seems to be cranking out games, I imagine it would be less likely for them to sneak some vaults in these days. If they do, I hope they at least upgrade the animations and convert the older games to LCD.
But yes, I see your point.

Oh yeah, I’m not saying they WILL...it’s just a bunch of people think they will. The NIB Newbs for some reason don’t want to buy used games...so while they could have been enjoying LOTR or Tron for years, they’d rather just sit there wishing for new ones again, even though there’s no guarantee...but since Stern’s done it a few times, that means it could theoretically happen. Spooky doesn’t have that theoretical looming over their games.

#6279 1 year ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I think they have and will remake TNA down the line, but that along with AMH are the only games with licenses that are theirs ( or Danesis).

TNA was never said to be limited. They always said they’d build enough for demand.

AMH didn’t start limited, but became limited to 150. They won’t go back to that title.

#6311 1 year ago

Jesus Christ, I thought Richie Wrench spam insanity was limited to JJP game threads.

#6407 1 year ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Hoping rick gets more insulting if you cant hit your shots. The percentage(randomness) will be fun. but if you are bricking shots and rick starts cutting you down, awesome.

How would the game know you’re bricking shots? The only way a game knows how to respond to anything is by switch hits.

#6415 1 year ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Not hitting the shot/switch its asking you to

Gotcha. That’s missing, not bricking. I’m sure If there are any timed lit shots that aren’t mad, Rick will be calling us “pieces of shit” and whatnot lol

#6480 1 year ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Any chance of getting cliffy protectors installed during production?

Won’t need them, Spooky does their own “Mantis style” protectors in the scoop which keeps scoops from wearing/chipping.

#6482 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Has anyone gotten a pin autographed before? I'm planning to get mine signed by Justin but was wondering what the best thing to get signed is..? The translite? The free play card? Playfield plastics? What else? I'm just curious as to what people have found most effective in terms of getting their pins signed.

I’ve had a few translites/back glasses signed. Steve Ritchie signed my AC/DC bell, but it’s kinda hard to see. I have a bunch of friends who work/have worked on Rick & Morty - I’ll prob ask them all to sign it...although this is gonna be a real backglass, not a translite, right? Might be a bit trickier...we’ll see!

8D7D48A3-AE6A-4983-B44D-301CAB3B3538.jpeg0820B085-BEE8-4AE6-8E7F-31D6CE555F31.jpegA03F2EE4-D5E7-4424-B904-0348CAEBCACF.jpegBEEF3018-F9B0-4713-B50E-4E25EE6BEF32.jpegEAA714F0-EDAE-4FEE-B41B-11D5CBFB2E4B.jpegE7492CE8-E35B-43F5-BED8-30E8EF870A8E.jpeg
#6561 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Slut Dragon Frenzy where every switch hit has this animation and call out[quoted image]

Please. That would be amazing.

#6566 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Sounds like a wizard mode

OMG, yes. The Slut Dragon adventure HAS to be the wizard mode lol

#6585 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackster:

So you're saying a wizard in the wizard mode? I see what you're doing...

PDx Monkey gets the credit for that one!

#6698 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Wow.... that cabinet guy.... he makes me want to saw through my neck with a rusty spoon.

Yeah, that was a hard skip to the next segment. Then when Dave said X-Men is the best Stern I skipped the F out of that segment lol

#6706 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I cant see a company that depends on sales to not have anything to sell.

It means they don’t have to be salesmen, pushing product. They’ll still be collecting payments for 18 months as they build the 750 games.

#6732 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I hope there will be an option to completely randomize the callouts from both sources to avoid having to change settings to hear everything. The variety would keep things interesting.

They’ve already explained that there’s a percentage slider for Family/Adult. Set it at 50% and you’ll have the mix you want.

#6746 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Offering a topper would not be pushing product just like offering a Rick and Morty pin that sold out in <4h. They did not need a single sales guy to do that either. If they make a topper this will sell itself and create more capital for Spooky. I bet its not that easy with the License and would need approval just like everything else. They needed salesmen when they were pushing ACNC where Rick and Morty merch will just sell itself.

Oh sure, if this frees them up for extra money making opportunities, I hope they take advantage of it. I read your post as though you thought they’d go out of business if they just built the R&Ms for 18 months without “selling” more games.

#6839 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

For $45 you have to get the knocker . You can disconnect it if you want but at least you know it's there . Nothing better than when the knocker scares the crap out of someone not expecting it . Imo a real pinball machine has a knocker .

Well, I guess my R&M won’t be real!

Knockers are annoying, scare people, and I have no reason to have one for a home play game. No one needs to be notified of winning a free game from a match.

#6848 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Knockers are a inherit part of pinball , if knockers are annoying or scare you I think you're in the wrong hobby

First off, I said scare people...not me. I know when it’s coming. It scares guests.

Wrong hobby? Really? A noise that tells someone in a loud location that they won a replay is what defines pinball? Ridiculous. You don’t get to define “the hobby”.

#6850 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If that's all that matters stick to EM games .
I love all the new technology LEDs , lcds , sound systems , internet connectivity ( coming soon ) . I'm greedy I want more not less and a knocker just adds to everything . Good pinball is more than just flippers and balls it is a physical ,Audio Visual experience .

Rick & Morty will have plenty of A/V experience. An occasional noise at game over won’t have any bearing on it.

#6869 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm not trying to define anything . I'm just saying I like Knockers and if you're spending thousands of dollars why wouldn't you spend $45 more to get 1 , if you don't use it the next buyer will like you got it .

Cuz it’s my game for my enjoyment & I don’t care enough about the knocker to spend $45 on it. My B/W games that came with knockers have them. My Q*Bert arcade game has a knocker. My Stern’s have their fake knocker turned off, and I don’t care enough to add real ones for Matches & Replays that don’t matter at home.

I don’t plan on selling my R&M, but if I did, a knocker takes 2 seconds to install if the buyer wanted one. If I lose a sale over that, OH WELL lol.

#6872 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Look guys, if you want to play your R&M Morty quietly with no bad words and low volume while the children sleep, go ahead. That's why there's options on stuff like knockers.

One has nothing to do with the other. My R&M will be loud and dirty, and my daughter’s first words will probably be “You piece of shit, Morty”. Some people don’t see the value of a random thud when the game is over. This knocker police thing is bizarre.

#6874 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That logic is a slippery slope my friend. Remove the real mechanical knocker today? What's next, might as well just simulate the flippers on a screen too...

The false equivalency is strong in this one.

#6883 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

There's no knocker police , all I ever said was for $45 I'll get the knocker . If you don't like Knockers fair enough

That’s all you ever said? Go back and read what you said lol. Wrong hobby not real pinball insinuating motherfucker lol (We can talk like Rick in this thread, right?)

#6885 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Whatever guys, I said it was *my* preference. You do you, and I'll be free to judge as I see fit.

That’s fine. I have zero issue with people’s preferences. Knocker away. Just don’t say stupid shit like you’re in the wrong hobby, it’s not real pinball, or it’s a slippery slope to removing flippers.

#6895 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'll say what I god damned feel like, thanks. You don't like it, fine. Never said you were in the wrong hobby. And it is a slippery slope...

I’m going to ask Spooky to build my game without flippers or glass. I’ll just use my hands to flip. THIS IS WHERE A KNOCKERLESS LIFE HAS LED ME!!!!!!!!!

#7096 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I swapped the fan right away on my TNA. Was a trivial effort and made the machine silent. Time well spent.
I’ll do the same For RAM if it shows up noisy again.

I kept hearing “warnings” of the loud TNA fan. The game is so loud, I can’t hear anything. I’m fine with the stock fan.

#7183 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

The other R & M artists live in China.

Storyboard, design, color, all pre-production art is done in L.A., along with some animation. Bulk of the animation is done by Bardel in Canada. I don’t know any U.S. TV animation production animated in China. Most are done in Korea.

#7188 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It was only four months ago and complex estates and partnerships can take years to unfold. My guess is they have barely just begun after a period of mourning.
RIP Mike Mendel

It’s a non-issue. He was an employee of the studio that makes the show. Adult Swim owns R&M.

#7339 1 year ago

Complaining about your number is pointless....unless you're #1, there is someone who's going to get it before you. You KNOW you will get one. Remember, there are TBL EA's out there who've had their $8500 stolen and never got a game. Everyone who ordered a R&M will get one.

#7497 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Wait a minute....
Am I imagining things or is flooble crank code for *penis* in many of these posts?
Please, someone clarify. I hate not knowing.

I hope not. I’ve been calling my baby “my little Flooble Crank” lol

#7590 1 year ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

This is awesome. I was going to summarize the podcast but slapsave deserves your click for this one. Tons of great new stuff to learn here.

Knowing that Bowen hates all the shitty math-chess multiplier bullshit that’s kept me from enjoying new games for the past 5 years makes me extra confident about my purchase.

#7670 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I know these are like $8K machines out the door, and I could wave my hands demanding forever free updates to this machine as R&M progresses as a show.
But this gets us back to that whole painful DLC discussion. Not that I’m a DLC fan, but if a subscription model is made it’s then contractural. Meaning they__have__ to staff and develop new code “forever”.
Hence I’m a fan of paid DLC if it gets developers assigned to my R&M machine forever. Because it adds more value to my $8K table over time, and it won’t go stale like most games after a year of ownership and 3,000 plays.
What’s $30-$40 bucks for a full pack update now and then?
Expecting lots of downvotes. But selfishly I see DLC as a way to guarantee and motivate significant new code for my $8K toy. And not win the lottery so to speak with a particularly motivated Lyman type.
It hasn’t been really done before, and in some sense it’s ground breaking and adds value. Also with a 18mo product cycle it makes a lot of sense for Spookie to make machines longer term profitable like a platform.
Ok downvote away.

Shame on you & everyone responsible for the person you’ve become.

Please give your spot to someone who understands pinball & will appreciate it.

Then punch yourself in the dick for 8 hours. If you get tired, ask someone else to finish your shift.

#7688 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Thanks for upholding the Pinside bully stuff. Hope you've found it fulfilling.

Bully?! I’m standing up for the pinball customer! Someone who spends $8k on a game should never be bullied to pay more for a complete game. Ever. That price has been paid with the initial purchase. You can’t be on the side of taking advantage of pinball customers & call me a bully.

Quoted from SkillShot:

Are you serious? What a shitty comment.

Advocating paid DLC pinball is pure evil. My comment was restrained, if anything.

#7689 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I've always like Zach and SDTM, but it's starting to feel more and more like he is just a Stern shill. I've never heard him say a bad thing about Stern in all the media I've heard him on. I could be wrong, but it's just been feeling more and more like that to me. I'm sure Stern is the bread and butter of a company like Flip N Out, so I understand. Bottom line is I don't care to see him be the first one streaming R&M.

Total shill. All their Stern reviews are “weee!! Yay! This is amazing” ...then they review a classic like Addams, a game 100x what lost Sterns could hope to be, and they crap on it. Clear and transparently trying to suppress the classic game market by gaslighting potential customers into thinking new = better.

#7694 1 year ago

Pinsiders: We want to spend even more money on stuff!

Spooky: FREE TOPPERS FOR ALL!!!!!!

Class act, Spooky...class act. Legends, even.

#7700 1 year ago

This kinda makes me want to buy some extra upgrades I was gonna pass on - ya know when you’re at a restaurant and they forget to charge you for an item...and you decide to leave a bigger tip?

#7702 1 year ago

Aftermarket topper makers:

images.jpeg
#7799 1 year ago

This news gave me Super Spooky Powers & I jammed on my TNA & had my best game ever! 7 reactors, bit the dust on reactor 8...heard some sweet new music!

TNA is just pure delicious magic. R&M is going to be bonkers.

968166D5-5B5E-45EE-A11A-3F1C3FA2A6A6.jpeg
#7803 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That said, I just fundamentally don't get the allure of shit on top of a game.

Back in the day, it was to get your attention in the arcade & part of the overall design. Notice that Addams & Whitewater don’t have the title on the translite - it’s up on the topper. Fish Tales had the loud flapping fish to turn heads at the arcade.

#7863 1 year ago
Quoted from Bendit:

"Where are my testicles, Summer?"
Man I hope there's going to be a "Testicle Multi-Ball".

I wonder if Rick will say something about craddling his balls if the game senses you holding a flipper for a while.

#7890 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

As I asked earlier: Is the poster a representation of the topper in any way?
[quoted image]

Why would it be? It’s just common R&M art.

#8071 1 year ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Got some new socks! Will be the preferred footwear while filpping this game.
[quoted image]

LOL - now we need a Pingulp that can hold a jar of pickles

#8118 1 year ago
Quoted from Jethrodog:

I hope most of those machines get into public places, not hidden in basements like exotic cars that don't get driven, and I'll happily throw $$ into them! Don't get me wrong, I'd like one in my basement too, but not gonna happen.

I’d be shocked if 100 made it on route. Most are being bought by home collectors. You’re new, so time to learn: Don’t cargument. The difference between pinballs and cars - cars are boring and sit there like a boring box on wheels. Pinballs in collector’s homes are games, easy to start up and can/will be played a lot by family & friends.

Spooky is a boutique pinball company. It’s geared toward small batches/home game buyers.

#8215 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

don't get me wrong, as a fan of ST, I love the theme song but if I owned the pin I might end up hating that song soon after....

Every pin has finite music loops. Do you the hate music on your pins?

#8386 1 year ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

It would be cool if it did. I Wouldn’t take it for granite.

33A6CACF-0177-4077-A427-29FF210052DD (resized).jpeg
#8604 12 months ago

West Coast Dimension got our shiiiiiiit!

Thanks, Spookies!!!

C536486C-BAD8-4231-A069-9DA505B7C4E2 (resized).jpeg
#8686 12 months ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

What does Kaneda's D*ck taste like?

Irish Spring?

#8776 12 months ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Not a big Jack D fan myself. He came off very ‘fan boy’-ish in the Stranger Things videos imo.

He’s a paid Stern employee. The whole “I’m just a fan with a stream” is an act.

#8852 12 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

TV PROVIDER??? OK BOOMER. Lol...jk, but seriously who has a tv sub any more?

I cut the cord & ditched DirecTV, but I signed up for Spectrum’s app-only “cable” so I could use them as a TV Provider & access TV apps I like such as Adult Swim, FX, etc. It’s only $35 a month & includes their app, which is like having live cable, plus HBO, Sho, Starz & a few other premiums.

#8871 12 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So instead of cutting the cord and going towards internet streaming, why not do both? That’s what I do. $200 + a month and totally worth it to have full cable and all premium channels, Netflix, amazon prime, Disney plus, etc. life’s too short to worry about saving a few bucks.

I just explained that I essentially did that. The Spectrum streaming deal is cable without the box. My Apple TV becomes the “cable box”. It’s $35 a month when DirecTV kept jacking up my bill until it was like $150 a month. Why wouldn’t I go for essentially the same product for so much less?

#8894 12 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Best cameo ever. Anybody know what episode it shows up?
[quoted image]

LOL, did you really think those were real? They aren’t even drawn in the Simpsons style correctly. Simpsons characters almost never have their mouth on the inside of the face like that, or have a normal human cheek & chin.

#9066 11 months ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Lighted speaker kit is a popular upgrade! Only 1 of 10 not lighted in this photo.[quoted image]

I’m normally not into that, but since the speakers are a portal it seems like a must have upgrade!

#9127 11 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

its a midwest thing.. i played it in college in illinois

I’m from IL, but never heard of it until I went to college in Michigan. Multiple people tried to explain Euchre to me...every time it just sounded like they were making up random shit lol.

#9237 11 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can we get this conversation back to the important stuff?.......Me! [quoted image]

What’s with the strangely decorated dildo that you’re holding up?

#9345 11 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I can respect this. I like going in fresh to up my excitement level. Just like back in the day when I would walk into an arcade and see a new pin for the first time and play it. I don’t like movie trailers either. I can figure out too much just from the trailer.

This is an interactive game experience, not a linear movie. You’ll know most of the humor in the game if you’ve seen the show. I don’t think anything will be spoiled by seeing video of the game before you get it.

#9360 11 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Yeah I see your point on pinball but I am glad I saw or heard nothing on the Rise of the Resistance ride at DW before I rode. Personal preference for certain things I guess.

A ride is something you’ll go on once...maybe a handful of times, and you want your memory of it to be special. R&M Pinball is something you’re gonna own & play thousands of times.

#9559 11 months ago

Looks & sounds amazing! My one concern is the upper flipper orbit shot - seems like it often bricked or rolled back. That should be a smooth shot like The Shadow that just sucks the ball right in. Any chance of tweaking at the factory that to flow better?

#9658 11 months ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

That upper orbit shot looks like the camera shot in TZ that's hit from the upper right flipper...sometimes you hit it, other times it's a brick, just takes some practice.

Usually “brick” refers to just not hitting the shot. I’m referring to clear clean hits - but they’re stopping by the spinner rather than going around the orbit. On FB, Bowen mentioned that the spinner position prob has to be tweaked...that’s prob what was making that happen. Makes sense...if that’s the case, easy fix.

#9745 11 months ago
Quoted from Morinack:

The spotlight effect totally blew my mind!

Scott knows how to create animation with lights. It’s something really amazing that no one else is doing. Hobbit has some cool flame effects with LEDs...but Scott’s brain goes places with light FX and animation that no one else has done. It’s definitely one of the things that completely blew me away on TNA.

#9747 11 months ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Just curious if there is anyone else like me on this thread. I have never watched an episode, have no desire to watch an episode. So all this pickle shit and other stuff is greek to me.
I do have one in the double digits that I should get in about a month to go out on to location, and only got it to route it. I make sure to get pretty much every new title out to a location for a short time and then either add it to the collection or sell it. Since I personally cant stand animated shows (south park, family guy, and R&M) this title will never make it to my collection, so it will find a new home 3 to 6 months after I get it. I take a gamble on putting out so many new machines (musters pro, cough, cough) but this one might pan out since so many people want it.
ps, dont message me to buy this spot, mine will be routed, and it will be routed for a minimum of 3 months, from then on, well I cant say. if it is killing it in earnings, it will stay, if not, ill find a new home for it

BFF6A09F-4516-46F8-ABD6-D523DE2EF7A5.png
#9940 11 months ago

I feel like I tuned into Inderdimensional Cable...Adult Swim stream “shows” are like something from another planet. The chat was entertaining, though...the handful of regulars were really agitated by the pinball people lol

#10013 11 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I would hope that Adult Swim and Spooky are allowed to use the Danny Trejo clips without paying additional royalties, since he was paid for his work already.

That’s not usually how it works for SAG actors. They get royalties for reruns, syndication, etc...although I’m not entirely sure what the “rules” are for pinball. In Family Guy pinball, only Seth MacFarlane did custom callouts for his characters, but the game also included show clip voices of Alex Borstein, Mika Kunis, Seth Green, and Norm MacDonald. It doesn’t have any voice clips from Mike Henry or Patrick Warburton...and, Stern got “in trouble” for using Norm, since he wasn’t the voice of Death anymore when the pin came out. They sent Norm a game to make up for the mistake...he was happy with it lol. Soooo, I dunno if they paid off the actors who’s clips were used, or if they had different contracts than the others...but hopefully Spooky can include show clips of Jerry/Summer/Beth at least.

#10142 11 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Dam, totally forgot about Wonder Showzen and eric andre. They tried to reinvent eric andre with "mostly 4 millenials" but failed badly

Aw man, I thought MM4M was hilarious! Not quite Eric Andre level, but close!!!

I loooove Tropical Cop Tales...but it seems to be a very very very acquired taste lol. I’m a big fan of the show’s creator. His movies The Greasy Strangler & An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn are amazing.

#10408 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Well considering that Rick and Morty sold out in four hours, pinsiders probably put a bunch of orders in at C137 designs.
They must be backed up!

Can’t imagine why. Their art doesn’t look anything like R&M character designs. Not sure if that’s a talent issue or a legal issue. Either way, they’re grifting on someone else’s IP.