20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1549 4 years ago

I get the enthusiasm. I love R&M, but cool yer friggin’ knickers! A fun theme doesn’t mean this is going to flip great. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t, maybe somewhere in between. That said, it would have to be a total flip turd (super unlikely given the design team) to not sell out, so count on the full production limit existing after 18 months.

Now consider time as it relates to price and availability of Spooky games using TNA as an example. TNA is a very good and popular game. With only 550 produced, it’s also fairly rare as far as a production pin goes. Yet here we are, two years out and it’s fairly easy to pick one up in the low to mid 5k range. I almost bought one myself early on but decided to wait. I ended up getting my fill playing a friend’s machine. I eventually decided I didn’t want to own one. Playing it occasionally is good enough (even though my friend sold and I no longer have easy access to one).

Don’t freak out and think you’ll never have one unless you rush the doors. Patience pays. I don’t see any real chance of this game being so satisfying to everyone who buys it that there isn’t a similar secondary market in a couple of years.

#2878 4 years ago

Sooooo....the garage and house are just light show toys? The ball never gets up in there, right? No actual gameplay in that entire area of the pf?

#2985 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Wrong.
Watch the video. The upper flipper feeds the garage shot.

Maybe I should've worded my question differently. Obviously, the ball rolls UNDER some of that stuff. After watching the video 20+ times, either I'm blind as a bat or the garage and house are just decorative covers for ball roll areas - not additional playfield levels. I was hoping for something much more interactive like TSPP, WOZ, etc.

I was really close to pulling the trigger on this but after watching the video repeatedly, I'm out. If I didn't already have a satisfying collection (which I am actually looking to reduce rather than add to) or if I were an operator I might still be tempted.

I had a good time experiencing the FOMO excitement and discovered a new (to me) show that I love. Good luck to all of you who are pulling the trigger in t-minus 42 minutes....

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Apologies if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if this machine will be "R" rated with its callouts like the show? Or more family friendly? Or maybe selectable in the settings??

Selectable R and PG variants.

#4601 4 years ago

I’m thinking this theme and design team combination has the potential to be one of the most innovative rule sets ever! Really, there’s only so much you can do with physical layout and mechanical equipment in a standard, confined space. But we are in an era where rules and objectives can really push a game to new heights. The potential here is truly massive. That’s why after publicly declaring myself out, I rode the fence a bit in the early minutes of the sale but finally pulled the trigger and jumped in with both feet. I’m guessing mine will be one of the last bloodsucker games to come off the line. Hopefully that means the kinks will be all ironed out and the code deeply along by the time it arrives at my house. (Plus plenty of time to clear space and raise funds by selling off some games). Aw jeez...this is fun!

#4603 4 years ago

Whaaaat?! You mean I popped my NIB cherry AND got thumbed up by Odin all at once? What’s happening?

#4606 4 years ago

This is gonna be a freaking mod fiesta!

#4627 4 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

This may be a Jerry question, but does the “Butter” also coat the sides of the backbox? That would be butterific.

Yes, Jerry.

#4664 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

No, what was said is he is hidden. My guess is under the flipper, or under a playfield feature that moves.

That was my guess, too. Maybe under the upper flipper?

#4667 4 years ago

Just went back and looked at all the reveal photos again for the first time since pulling the trigger and am feeling SO glad that I did! It’s great looking! Why was I initially underwhelmed? Probably because fantasy/expectation is the best setup for disappointment.

I truly love the cabinet art. Even though I know the butter version will look amazing I also expect their decals to be great quality. I’ve got a direct print WOZ (which is gorgeous) sitting next to a Stern ST premium and honestly I don’t visually register the superior quality of the WOZ cabinet unless I stop to intentionally look. If my R&M were going to be standing alone (not in a lineup) I might go butter but decals are fine for my lineup.

The playfield is just right imo. It could’ve easily gotten too busy and bright - potentially making it hard to track the ball. I’ve even decided that I really like the spaceship on a spring. It’s got just the right sort of R&M in your face dork quality to it - very cartoon.

#4776 4 years ago

I have it from a good source that the order numbering is almost sorted out. Let me just say that I was a late order of a BSE and my projected machine number is a REALLY high number. Let’s just say that I might not be seeing this until we’re fairly deep into 2021. Good thing I’m patient as hell. By my math, standard editions account for less than 9% total.

#4784 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackster:

Wonder if your 'source' might know how many are going to be domestic, and how many overseas? I'm not sure if Canada would be considered domestic

#4797 4 years ago

One of the things I appreciate most about WOZ are the various flipper modes (no hold, weak, reversed). Of the three, reversed is the most challenging, maybe too challenging - I don’t know. It’s the last of those modes to come up so I rarely get a chance to practice it. Weak flippers are kinda interesting in that they mess with your ability to make/time shots. No hold flippers is my favorite. I like it that everything is still full forward strength but the no hold function demands a much higher level of on the fly accuracy from the player. I sincerely hope to see multiple flipper behaviors on R&M. Again, I truly believe that the work to make this a memorable masterpiece that could cement Spooky’s position in the pinball pantheon of greatness will be how far they push the code. It is VERY promising that they seem accessible to and engaged with their customer/fan base and seem open to suggestions. Such a smart way to run a company! (And fun, too, I imagine.) What better way to deliver the game people want than to listen and adapt while finishing the most adaptable aspect of the product?

#4910 4 years ago

2091=683

I knew it would be a high number but not that high! Not sure I would’ve plunked down the extra for BSE if I could’ve known there was potential for practically the entire run to be BSEs. The BSE incentive of getting made first doesn’t really stick when over 90% are BSE. Given how high my number is I probably would’ve preferred putting that extra dough towards shaker motor, etc.

I also thought that I would order direct to more directly support Spooky. Now I wonder if that was a mistake that actually hurt me? Oh well. It is what it is. I wonder if I’ll occasionally forget that I have a game ordered after the year mark passes and I’m still a good four months away? At least I’ve got plenty of time to get ready!

#4949 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Look on the bright side. At least the guys with the high number machines will have all the bugs worked out and mature software code.

Actually, that’s exactly how I’m looking at it in the end. Although I was surprised at my number I’m not unhappy. Ultimately, I am still stoked that one day a couple springtimes from now, a brand new R&M will arrive at my door!

#5211 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

Well I'm 670 and I have a BSE, so if my math is right at least 90% are BSEs.

Quoted from kermit24:

Do you win the prize for the highest number BSE?

Nope. So far that distinction goes to me at number 683.

But the real reason I logged in and wanted to post was to say, "Holy crap!". Seriously. I go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday and come back to over 250 complaining posts. I get it in a way. I was initially disappointed, too. Why? Overconfidence in speculative order math combined with incomplete process transparency from Spooky. I think everyone here, customers and Spooky alike participated in some way to this shit fest of sourpussed thread crapping. In hindsight, maybe it would've been better if Spooky didn't tell anyone anything about their plans for sorting out orders. The fact that they put out quite a bit of information to folks here on this thread seemed great until it didn't. Namely, their after the fact disclosure that there were a significant number of games pre-allotted (at least 100 by the sound of it). So that threw a wrench into people's expectations which were based on incomplete information. Aw jeez....

I have to ask everyone, if you knew beforehand that there were at least 100 games coming off the line for insiders before games would be shipped to the general pinhead public, would it have changed your mind about ordering? Of course not. The way I see it, most of these games are going to people who have some deep connection to the show or project. They are probably more meaningful to them than to any of us. Plus, those games are not likely ever going to see the light of day on the secondary market. Surprise! You actually bought a game that is going to be more scarce than you thought it would be!

I just gotta say that I'm looking forward to everyone getting a good night of sleep and maybe waking up a little less cranky. And sorry to the good folks at Spooky for a rough day. I still think you're fucking awesome. I hope everyone in Benton has a better day tomorrow, too.

#5511 4 years ago

I think if Spooky did a R&M Fang Club shirt/bowling shirt I wouldn’t be able to resist.

#6038 4 years ago

Gotta call this out. Hopefully there’s no more of this here.

Quoted from Pinstym:

....I need you to imagine that Rick is not holding open Morty's Eyes, but he's holding open Morty's BUTTHOLE. Yes. Butthole bash toy.....

....Now, I actually drew this up, butt I wouldn't want to offend anyone with a picture of a held open butthole....

Just imagine Morty looking back over his shoulder (on the display) as you pound his ass with balls (mega seeds). Whimpering as the balls smash his ass.

I’m assuming you are being sarcastic, but even then, this goes way over a clear line. Describing penetrating a minor with a foreign object (with or without the “assistance” of another adult) is not a joke. Ever. Thank God, I don’t have any personal experience in this realm, but I do get neighborhood watch alerts that let me know where and when registered sex offenders move within the town I live in. This kind of crap makes my blood boil / makes me want to puke. This is a is a terrible reality that ruins lives and is more widespread than some people realize. It should never be normalized with jokes.

Putting something up your own ass? Whatever. Putting something up someone else’s ass? They better be a sober, consenting adult.

#6043 4 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I respect what you're saying, but he is simply citing an episode where they smuggle seeds.

This game and show are likely not for you.

Thanks. I’ve seen it. BIG DIFFERENCE - Morty shoves the seeds up his ass himself. Those don’t get the difference are the problem. There’s an enormous difference between being edgy and what this “bash toy” concept described. If you’re into this type of thought, maybe change your avatar to the attempted rapist king/mayor in season 1 who Morty escapes and who later, rightfully gets his head blown off.

#6044 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Well, his initials are “PC”[quoted image]

Maybe I should change them to “FU”? Nothing politically correct here.

#6058 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Before the outrage, I didn't even think anything of it, because I knew he was being sarcastic about the bash toy/ST pin and the episode...
But...I can hear the callout now..."You gotta put the pinball deep inside your butt Morty" with the scoop lit up. Even though I know this won't happen, I won't ever be able to not think about it now when shooting for the scoop.

Can you see/hear the difference??? Your callout idea is totally different. Totally - and I like your idea.

1 week later
#7022 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Just checking the thread after 6 days and find 16 pages of new posts! No way I have time to read that much!

You didn't miss anything.

1 week later
#7762 4 years ago

The thank you is a topper!?!?!!! Thank you, Spooky! This just keeps getting better.

#8331 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Tom and Jeremy came over and played the white wood, not the production prototype. Calling it a prototype is unfair to the actual prototype.

I’m guessing the white wood plays quite a bit different from the prototype and production models. The feed from the staged ball to the return lane was anything but fast in the teaser video. Remember all that speculation about what was causing the ball to jiggle and slow at the top of the inlane?

#8599 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

"Adventures" and "Dimensions" are independent. You could be on a single adventure and change dimensions multiple times.
In general, the Adventures are like standard pinball modes - rules/shots to accomplish, and Dimensions change details about the game as a whole (this worth more points, that worth less points, etc).

That’s freaking brilliant. I love it!

#8957 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok you got me curious... Stern included an as you put it "Cheapy paper manual"? Were you expecting tablets of stone or something more special then a manual? lol Many games now only offer a digital download manual. A Cheapy paper manual is actually a plus these days.

Exactly. Or with JJP you can BUY a printed manual (that is sure to be out of date in no time flat). Printed manuals are a total Jerry move.

#9158 4 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

Kind of a long shot and odd request, but does anyone want to swap build # and spots with me?
My number is 485. I'm partly superstitious and would like to swap for a number that is better in Chinese feng shui, i.e. numerology.
If anyone has a number that's all 2's, 6's, and/or 8's, I'd gladly swap with you even if it's a higher number, like 688, 628, etc. Please just PM me.
Or if you just want to ask I'm open to PMs about it. Really looking forward to the game and even if I get a later one it'll just be with already updated code/build method or a relatively earlier one and I get it a bit sooner.
I looked at the community rules and I think this post here is most appropriate since I'm not looking to buy/sell but rather swap spots.

Aaaaand....the deal is done! benjoewoo and I have officially traded spots. He now has a number more to his liking and I have happily jumped forward in line.

#9164 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Except now you're stuck with a lemon.

I stepped through the porthole into an alternate timeline where I was suddenly almost 200 spots further up in line. And yet, I have to admit that there's this nagging feeling like I need to do some counteractive mojo, just in case....

#9639 4 years ago

Holy crap! This machine is freaking AMAZING! It hits and innovates on so many levels.

* Theme integration
* Over the top light show
* Great, theme-based soundtrack that enhances gameplay
* Fast, furious gameplay with challenging objectives
* Innovative use of playfield mechs

We all thought four hours was a fast sellout. Can you imagine the level of pre-sale chaos if Spooky had released a teaser video like this prior to launch? I have a year to wait and already I suspect that I might have my next bolted to the floor game incoming.

#9865 4 years ago

Time to get back to doing stuff while this babbles on in the background. Egads.

#9896 4 years ago

Adult swim just totally failed pinball steaming. A camera from the side????

#9899 4 years ago

Time to unlock the club thread. Adult Swim has their machine!

#9937 4 years ago

Game 1 delivered. Seriously - time to unlock the club!

#9966 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Is ‘there will be’ a good enough answer?

Yes

#9983 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Maybe I'll just keep posting until 10k so JustEverett can have a break.

What? Like this?

#10028 4 years ago

Paging TigerLaw - you’ve got the keys right? We have video proof of game one delivery. Time to make good on unlocking Scott’s club thread.

9E361CE9-9B38-4245-8DBC-ACE91AB15CEF (resized).jpeg9E361CE9-9B38-4245-8DBC-ACE91AB15CEF (resized).jpeg
#10030 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

In before the lock? Lol
I don't think they have officially shipped a game...yet .

I dunno, man. Kinda sounds like personal delivery to me. That’s the ultimate shipping arrangement. That game at Adult Swim isn’t going back to the factory. If the next game gets picked up in person, technically that wasn’t “shipped” either.

#10083 4 years ago

I am amused by the folks who casually state that they will pick one up later if they like it. 750 total, folks. It’s super obvious that the game is very, very good. I think Tron is a decent though imperfect historical comparison. Yes, you can pick one up secondhand, but at a premium. Given how many preorder buyers are unlikely to let go of this game for a long time (if ever) because of their love of the theme, the secondhand market will probably be fairly scarce. I could be wrong, but this already has a dedicated following that seems very likely to skew the average used supply expectations of the hobby in the direction of hard to find / impossible to find at a typical used price point.

#10091 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

"Confusion" wasn't exactly my reaction. I enjoy Wonder Showzen, Tim & Eric, Superjail, the Eric Andre show, Too Many Cooks, etc. But I know the difference between weird and bad.
Pinball segment was enjoyable for obvious reasons, but would you watch another episode without a gun to your head?

Totally agree - that show was not weird at all. Lazy is more like it.

#10100 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They may have to pay a bit of a premium (like JPOTC), but I don't think it will get too crazy.

It might.

C8E8EE9D-68F6-46D9-AA27-AEBC2FBA3EA1.gifC8E8EE9D-68F6-46D9-AA27-AEBC2FBA3EA1.gif
#10180 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You go on live TV/Stream and let see how many shots you make.
It’s nerve racking. No matter who you are.
rd

....and play while talking/answering inane questions unrelated to anything you are doing.

#10388 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I heard a story once, about the arival of a "groundbreaking" hit game in the 80's ... 2 days after siting, an operator had calls for machine malfunction; coins not registering. ... turned out the coin box was so full that coins could not escape the coin mechs... 2 days!
Certainly will be interesting to see how this one goes!

Vid’s Comet story as I recall....

#10448 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Less than an hour left on the ebay auction for the Standard Rick and Morty Spot. Only $2125 for a standard. Just double the original price!
ebay.com link » Rick And Morty Standard Pinball Machine Pre Order Spot

Ummmm....I agree that the markup is impressive but $1500 (the deposit amount) plus tax is not half of $2125. That is “only” a $478 markup. Of course, that figure has since risen since we are now at/near end of auction.

Ok - now it’s doubled (and then some).

#10453 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's a standard, so only 1K on the deposit.

Oh right - I forgot they were less.

#10459 4 years ago

$3550 - holy shit Jerry! Did you really just do that???

#10502 4 years ago

I have this joke with my wife that whenever someone buys a house nearby for significantly more than we paid, we should send them a cute postcard that says, “Thanks for being my comp!”.

Really, we all ought to be grateful to have secured something so in demand, however one came by theirs.

#10537 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I don't think youre an idiot.
NIB R&M might go for 12k or more a year from now from tbe right buyer.
Theres a global demand.

Agreed. Not everything follows the standard pattern.

#11027 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think this is more reason to abandon this thread for the official one.
If anyone has questions then I suggest we take discussion there.
Anyone looking for me, knows where to find me. Oooowwwwwwreeeee

^^ THIS! ^^

I agree that all R&M holders should abandon ship and settle in over on Scott’s official club thread. See ya over there. #485 checking out.

3 months later
#12069 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There a little bit of nudity on butt world as well.
[quoted image]

Is that actually in the game? It’s freaking hilarious!

#12071 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Try pulling a Deadflip by hitting the start button to restart your current game without finishing it and you might see it.

I’ll try that sometime next year when I have my machine!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=pinheadpierre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.