20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#376 4 years ago

Spooky distributor, PinballSTAR Amusements is taking INTERESTED LIST names for Rick and Morty.

We are Spooky's first (since AMH days) and largest distributor and look forward to taking care of all our regular Spooky customers and hopefully some new ones... Just email Joe at [email protected] and we'll send you what info we have so far - most of which is already out there about the game and Fang Club and we'll be sure to inform you immediately when game is revealed and ordering info is available through our email blasts - sit back, wait, and we'll keep you informed !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#1065 4 years ago

Spooky distributor, PinballSTAR Amusements is taking INTERESTED LIST names for Rick and Morty.

We are Spooky's first (since AMH days) and largest distributor and look forward to taking care of all our regular Spooky customers and hopefully some new ones... Just email Joe at [email protected] and we'll send you what info we have so far - most of which is already out there about the game and Fang Club and we'll be sure to inform you immediately when game is revealed and ordering info is available through our email blasts - sit back, wait, and we'll keep you informed !

I'm adding this since I'm getting a lot of questions... If you purchase the Fang Club membership through Spooky you still can purchase from a distributor like us or any other and get the FC benefits... Bloodsuckers LE edition and first in line before non-FC members... Just to clarify...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#2155 4 years ago

Since I'm getting a ton of emails about our process at PinballSTAR :

Interested list is just that - it's to tell us you're interested - it is not a spot in line. Not one game has been sold by us yet and not one deposit has been taken and not one spot has been assigned or reserved for anyone. I will not take deposits until we are live. I'm sorry - once I do a 'favor' to someone then I'm being unfair to everyone else, I won't do it. That also means past customers and new customers get the same shake. In the past we have tried to favor prior customers with guaranteeing a spot and putting them early, but frankly at this point since I've been a Spooky distributor from the beginning there are now so many Spooky games and Spooky customers it's impossible to do that. When we go live everyone will be on equal footing and have same chance at a game through PinballSTAR.

So... if you asked to be on our interested list last week or will later today or tomorrow - you will all be in the same position. Because you emailed me you were interested didn't put you early and didn't guarantee you a spot with us. I'm just spelling that out for everyone so it's clear as there is some confusion on that point. The interested list was just you telling us 'we're interested' then we know to keep you in the loop for the official Spooky reveal.

Our process is when Spooky says it's time to go live - then we will send our typical 'ORDERING IS OPEN' email out and in there there will be a paypal link to click on and pay - easy - when we sell out then the link will no longer work. Please DO NOT call me, DO NOT email me to order - there is no way we can handle things that way - I have to control quantities and I can't be on the phone and email and paypal etc... I will not accept checks to be mailed later, etc... Only paypal so quantities can be controlled and shut off when we are out. I do not want to oversell and have anyone upset.

Sorry for the strictness - it is done out of the desire to be as fair to everyone as we can, not play favorites, and not disappoint anyone. I wish it was easier, it's not a fun position for me to be in. I at least hope I have your respect I am trying to be fair, transparent, and not play games with my customer base. This is the only way I do things and I'm not going to change now. Being Spooky's largest distributor have a fairly large allotment so I have plenty to sell, but it seems they will all go quickly regardless.

If you want on our email list to get our email blast when things go live - email me at [email protected] - that's it - then wait.

…and thank you to everyone for your interest, excitement, and support of PinballSTAR and our mutual friends at Spooky Pinball !

oh, and I have 1 Alice Cooper left - in a box, ready to ship - contact me if interested...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I already beat you to it. Secret deal on the side.
[quoted image]

FAKE NEWS ! That's like the 3rd time you've used that picture - hilarious...keep it up !

#2526 4 years ago

PinballSTAR will be sending out our emails for ordering tomorrow AM - want in ? Email Joe at [email protected] to get on the email list ! No orders / deposits until we are all 'live'.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#2860 4 years ago

Question how will distributors know we are members of the Fang Club...

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Honesty, and names.

And the Fang Club tattoo you will be required to get on your neck.

#2946 4 years ago

Everyone on the PinballSTAR interested list and our mailing list at this time will get our email this AM at 9 CST.

I'm getting questions on what the process will be and essentially you open the email and click on the Paypal button for which model you wish to buy. Quick, easy, painless, secure, and you know you got in immediately if you are able to pay. Being Spooky's biggest distributor and their first since AMH, we have a nice big allotment, but still figure we're going to burn through it pretty soon. Good luck to everyone and congrats to Spooky !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

#3233 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's not. Any game ordered in the 2 week window can be BSE if desired.

correct - I had to place a limit on each model to control inventory. anyone who bought a standard and wanted a BS LE just email me easy enough. there is no easy way to do this stuff - i'd rather do a switch from standard to BS LE than over sell.

#3326 4 years ago

PinballSTAR is sold out...

3 mintues to sell out Spooky in an HOUR - let's go bitches !

#3609 4 years ago

PinballSTAR may have 1 or 2 knuckleheads who placed duplicate orders and took a spot someone else should have gotten - so if you got shut out email me and if I do end up with a few extra I will go through those emails...
Joe
[email protected]

#3709 4 years ago

HEY !

I bet Stern is really happy they stole Godzilla - lmao

Karma is a bitch - nice to see the good guys at Spooky come out on top of an initially disappointing situation.

#3958 4 years ago

PinballSTAR has spent the day sorting our orders etc... and we had some folks who ordered from both us and Spooky and wanted refunds etc... So...

We have a very FEW spots left... If you want one we can still take care of a few of you who may have been left out in the cold...

Please email Joe at [email protected] with your request and I will answer them tomorrow morning in the order I receive them until I have no more. Today has been insane, I'm taking the night off folks - I'll reply in the AM to those that email me for a game.

Joe

#5255 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I know of several games in the 50s and one who was in the 40s that went to people I know who bought through a distributor. Some even bought two games and both were low numbers. These were not special or reserved games.

Well whatever you 'know' is wrong lol because I have just about every game in the 50s (51-59) and I haven't slotted anyone yet so you're getting bullshitted... So... don't believe everything you hear. We are still sorting out our orders and hope to have our slotting done by Monday.

#5257 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Well I ordered a bse and got a receipt at 10:05 from a distributor plus I’m a previous purchaser. I hope I’m not behind people who ordered direct from spooky with a sales receipt after 10:05. If that was the case I wouldn’t order from a distributor again for a spooky game. Seems like a no win situation for spooky and distributors. Everything should have been through distributor or spooky.
In the end it’s a good problem for spooky since they sold out.

Distributor and Spooky games were equally laid out by Spooky prior so early folks would get a relatively early number with Spooky if that's how they laid out their slots and you would get an relatively early number with a distributor as well again assuming the distributor is laying out their slots in same manner. It was a totally fair and well thought out way to do it. There is no disadvantage from buying from one place or the other. You're wrong on that.

#5921 4 years ago

Hey guys anyone asking about me - I’m here - hoped to get numbers to everyone by yesterday but still sorting a few things out. Please realize people switching from standards to LEs and other things make figuring the slotting challenging. Standards are at end of the line so when someone switches it then puts them back into the LE population and I’m being very strident to do my best to put folks in order they paid their deposit. So I had to give the standard folks one deadline to say I want an LE and my original position to be fair or they stay a standard and if they move to LE then after the deadline they can still switch up to 12/30 but their spot will be end of the LE line. Only fair way for me to manage this. Again, I’m taking it seriously as I know everyone is anxious about their spot in line. I’d rather take the extra day or two and ensure it’s fair to everyone vs rushing and having everyone mad at the process. At least I can hang my hat on the equality and fairness of my process.

So that was one delay... my other distraction I’ve mentioned to a few folks last week as my ‘emergency’ was we had a support beam in my office building parking garage rust out and partially collapse. By the grace of God the beam stayed straight up and down and didn’t kick out or my entire 8000 square foot building with my offices and tenants would have totally collapsed and with it possible deaths of 15 people who were inside. So I had two days of hell with fire department, code enforcement condemning my building (meaning I couldn’t go in until it was shored up 2 days later), engineers, iron workers, displaced tenants who’s businesses were shut down. We are all good now and ready for permanent repairs, but a very rough few days realizing I could have been involved with many deaths. Not a fun feeling. Pinball was secondary for 2 days folks. My apologies.

So... I hope to get game number assignment to everyone in a few days. I’m going to spend a day with my family for Xmas then be back at it ! Thanks for you patience.

Here’s a pic and good gosh how did that thing hold the weight a building that way ? I got a guardian angel huh ?

Merry Christmas everyone and THANK YOU for your pinball passion, I wouldn’t want it any other way !

Joe / PinballSTAR
17A88D7E-97C5-4AB7-BE08-962E20CB0BC2 (resized).jpeg17A88D7E-97C5-4AB7-BE08-962E20CB0BC2 (resized).jpegFFB0BBD9-B14B-4AB1-811E-2D9AD954DAA1 (resized).jpegFFB0BBD9-B14B-4AB1-811E-2D9AD954DAA1 (resized).jpegEE6DDAF1-529B-4C7E-A7F8-A00ABA97B73F (resized).jpegEE6DDAF1-529B-4C7E-A7F8-A00ABA97B73F (resized).jpeg806BD7FA-0394-4D28-8BAE-07BEFF0492DC (resized).jpeg806BD7FA-0394-4D28-8BAE-07BEFF0492DC (resized).jpeg

#5933 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hi Joe - first, so glad you and your staff are all safe! Wow that is crazy about the support beam.
Can you clarify one thing, what was the deadline for switching from standard to BSE which kept the slot based on when deposit was paid?

If you had a Standard spot you would have gotten an email... Not sure who this is - but if you wanted to switch it's fine - just email me please.

#6285 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Lets be real the only reason Joe offered people the chance to upgrade is because he gets a bigger kickback for every BS sold plain and simple. He isn't doing it out of the goodness of his heart. These games went on sale Monday the 16th and he says people can switch up to the 30th. So theoretically Standard owners got 2 weeks to decide if they wanted to switch. I don't think holding everyone up for people that knew way ahead of time the difference between the 2 and paid for a standard is right but hey the almighty dollar wins yet again. At this point i'm looking forward to the next post he writes saying there's another delay giving numbers out.
[quoted image]

Sorry to prove you to be wrong - we get same marginal profit from Spooky for every BS or Standard... so sorry to ruin your keyboard commando tirade as you are WRONG bub... I handled this as I did to be FAIR. I did it give those standard folks another chance because of the 10-15 I sold initially when most found out they were dead last they wanted to upgrade to BS and get their original time ordered earlier spot - to me it was fair to give those not living on pinside and who didn't know how the BSs sold that chance to consider doing the same and getting their earlier slot of when ordered with rest of BSs and not be at the very end... So ya, it was out of fairness (or goodness of my heart as you put it). Yes they could switch up to the 30th but if I assigned numbers then they'd lose their spot as they'd be at the end since everything else was assigned. So yes, I had a quandry and I handled it as I saw best to be fair to every single customer. That's how I roll... You can now try to make up some other nonsense about profit motive. I should have just put all my friends / regular customers first vs trying to do what I thought was fair to all and been done with it in a few days - live and learn.

…and PinballSTAR order numbers will be out this evening. There were both fairness and an emergency situation last week I had to contend with that caused a delay - I've apologized and explained to anyone who inquired.

#6304 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Thank goodness Chris @ Pinball Star is late getting his order # assignments out or there would be nothing to talk about in this thread, apparently...

LOL - Chris is with Kingpin - it's PinballSTAR who is getting out game numbers out tonight... Let's not beat up on Chris... I'm sure he's on someone's shit list for something but not this... lol

#6326 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

for the right amount of money i could be Chris from PinabllSTAR Midwest division....
something for joe to think about in the new year.

For the right amount of money you can be Chris of PinballSTAR a division of Kingpin... lmao - buy me, no you buy me...

#6328 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I predict 50 really excited happy people, 50 happy people and 100 not so happy people

You're about right on the money... The sucky thing is the not so happy people probably ordered in the first 10 minutes but so many orders came in so quickly someone who ordered at 10:03 is like 20 down the list or more... crazy ! Good news is PinballSTAR has no 600's or 700's in our group.. so even the last person is in 500's, if that helps... Probably won't Spooky already warned me most people won't be happy...

#6342 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Not exactly sure how that would work... Wouldn't I have to trade spots within my distributor and if his highest numbers are 500, then not much room to trade back. I guess what I am asking is how would I trade my PinballSTAR spot with someone who bought from Spooky when my money and purchase deal is with Joe?
And just something I was wondering, but if someone ordered a Standard from Joe, then it would be in the 700s even though his highest numbered spots are 500, right? I originally was a Standard because I wanted to be near the back of the line. But I upgraded to BSE because I liked the looks of it, thinking I could still stay to the back because so many people ordered it. lol.. My issues are the opposite of most of the people who are complaining in this thread

Rich if you want to be even higher than my last number of 544 which I gave you email me and we'll work something out with spooky... don't go trading spots you can't do that especially between other distributors / spooky - they can't be messing things up - all of this is hard enough.. but we will work to accommodate what you need for sure... just email me a note and we'll work on it tomorrow for you... you want to go in the right direction at least ! lol

#6343 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am also a new customer with Chris on this game and he has been really fast and got back to me on any questions that I have had on this game. I have followed Chris before in the the past and I like how he does business and he is upfront and honest. I know I do all my business with Joe, But I really like how Chris comes across and he tells it like it is like Joe does.
Oh - By the way those emails to Chris where not @ 3:00 AM -- but it was late and he did get back to me within an hour or so - So that was cool.

I paid Chris $ 10,000 to take you on... he likes cash and I like sleep...

#6363 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Wow. 78 seconds later than the last guy who posted and you’re over 250 spots lower.

Ya that's the tough jump there - a lot came in so quickly and keep in mind all distributors (and spooky too) may get bunches of 10 each 100 games - having more games we got maybe 10 or even 20 in some groupings so it didn't take long for 10 / 20 to sell when orders were processing every few seconds.

#6368 4 years ago

All of our numbers are now sent out. 100 emails sent tonight... Thanks everyone for your patience in allowing me to do this in what I felt was the right / fair way. And I do thank everyone who supported me with the one customer making stuff up with no facts and bashing for no reason, it's nice to see so many people we treat right set the record straight for us. Final thanks for everyone who emailed me back tonight after getting their number whether it was in the 50's or in the 500's and said 'Awesome Joe, thanks, looking forward to the game' that's the way it should be and I appreciate people being cool even if their luck of the draw on the numbers put them further back... Trust me I wish (and Spooky does too I'm sure) that we can deliver 100 in a week, but it's just not how it works so we have to work within the parameters we have.
Joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=pinballstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.