20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tq=Family+mode&tu=
Maybe they'll have a "no humor" mode too, for all the humorless, uptight geezers.

I think the younger generation has way more issues with profanity and sexual content. Remember, Boomers were part of the free love hippie generation. We were OK with Playboy and Penthouse being on the shelves at the grocery store in the checkout line. We were OK with hard-R sex scenes in wide release movies. We were OK with scantily clad women on pinball machine backglasses and playfields. We believed in free speech and free will. And by *We* I mean both men and women.

Its the generations that came after it, Gen-X to some extent but mostly the Millennials, who have self-sensored themselves.

Boomers were very concerned about the government censoring what they could say and do. Millennials don't need any government involvement when it comes to censorship, they constantly censor each other.

I made the the Boomer cut by 19 days, so even though I am technically a Boomer, I am too young to have enjoyed the freedoms of self expression Boomers had, but I am old enough to have had to suffer through 100% of all the finger pointing and self-hatred of the following two generations; bad timing on my parent's part I guess.

Now back to your regular scheduled Rick and Morty programming, er, I mean personally bashing each other to bits on a pinball forum.

#451 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think there’s more context to it. People have finally been given the courage and power to speak up against exploitation, sexism, and rape culture. Gratuitous sex scenes in movies didn’t exist to further a story - it was there because audiences would pay to see tits. Comedians like Andrew Dice Clay were popular because of the “You can’t see this on TV” nature of the material...but, the comedy was generally “look at the tits on dat broad!”. Culture & comedy evolve every 5-10 years. The younger generation still likes profanity & sex in media - but not if it’s creepy, bigoted, exploitative or exclusionary.

I disagree, but I have no issue with you having your own opinion.

#667 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

That's what I've been seeing, as well(the post you quoted, that is). I think that the operative idea is that there is a backlash to punching down. I spend a lot of time with millenials, and they are every bit as raunchy and funny as my generation ever was. The difference is that they go for almost bitter sarcasm and self deprecation over the old comedic standby of "edgy" crudeness. So, as someone else pointed out, they love old Carlin, but tend to dislike shock comics like Clay. Also, absurdism is pretty much ascendent. Every cartoon these days seems to be like a call back to Monty Python at some level.
So, raunchy content? Sure, but make it have a point. T&A for the sake of shock and titillation? Not much of a draw when damn near any physical act or visual that you could possibly want is a google search away.
In fact, I'll give you a concrete example that I just ran across. I mentioned Revenge of the Nerds, and none of the millenials thought it was very funny. We discussed it, and it turns out that when your best friend was roofied at a party and then gaslit about it, Skolnick and Betty aren't so funny. And watching another girl get her life wrecked by her boyfriend spreading pics that he took without her consent makes the whole pie plate bit a lot less amusing.

I disagree, but I have no issue with you having your own opinion.

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Oh man. I've rarely seen such high expectations for a game. And we know what that usually leads to. But, this isn't a Stern, so maybe it will actually live up to the hype.

The isn't going to be Jesus walking on water, it's going to be a pinball machine. The fan driven hype behind this machine can, of course, never live up to the reality of what it will be; a ball in a box.

I can hear it now after the reveal, "What, it's just a pinball machine? I'm out!".

Well, not those exact words, but pretty much those words.

#1997 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

It's a Williams WPC design.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

It it a variant of the WPC design and is backwards compatible with WPC games that use this mech. However, we did make some small changes, one of them being the wing nut.

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Need some type of game action before I decide.

I believe SpookyLuke said in an earlier post this would happen.

#3114 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Trying to buy a Spooky bowling shirt. Why won't the page load?

OK, now that is funny.

#4095 4 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

watch the video...

Pickle Rick will be there, and in a better place than he currently is on the prototype.

#4245 4 years ago

~$75 custom (second) ball trough; no one cares. $25 bash toy that leans back when a ball hits it; orgasm?

I'm not a Spooky insider, but it seems to me that the money was spent on *true* ball interaction.

Am I seeing 3 physical balls locks on this playfield? Had this EVER been done?

#4248 4 years ago

It's a great time for pinball... So amazing we have so many choices.

Spooky rules man. I love the indie vibe they give off.

Having said that, I also own The Munsters, Jurassic Park, Elvira, and CGC's Monster Bash.

It's a great time to be alive.

#4254 4 years ago

Super slow server tonight, ugh.
Must. Learn. Patience.

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Have you ever had tooling made up to produce things?
I’m guessing not. It costs a shitload.
The only way it is viable is to make 10,000s of parts and spread the initial cost across them all.
Doesn’t work for 750 items. Unless you want a $150 per each plastic spaceship.
rd

You get it man... Now for the other 10,000.

#4636 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I would seriously like to know the actual % of this game compared to amount sold as being a first time NIB for the buyers.
This is my first NIB.

99.9%, apparently.

#5826 4 years ago

There's nothing wrong with being Small Spooky or, for that matter, Big Stern; two different companies thiving in the amusement industry on their own terms.

"America. What a country!"

#6063 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Thanks. I’ve seen it. BIG DIFFERENCE - Morty shoves the seeds up his ass himself. Those don’t get the difference are the problem. There’s an enormous difference between being edgy and what this “bash toy” concept described. If you’re into this type of thought, maybe change your avatar to the attempted rapist king/mayor in season 1 who Morty escapes and who later, rightfully gets his head blown off.

It's a cartoon. No actual assholes were actually penetrated.

#6486 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Won’t need them, Spooky does their own “Mantis style” protectors in the scoop which keeps scoops from wearing/chipping.

The *protector* is actually built into the scoop assembly; another Danesi design.

#7039 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I wonder what the Rick target above the Summer,Beth and Jerry target is for.

Trust me, it's special.

#7154 4 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

... it looks like he maybe not the original main artist, and an associate artist that does merch etc for adult swim.

The other R & M artists live in China.

#7489 4 years ago

Wait a minute....

Am I imagining things or is flooble crank code for *penis* in many of these posts?

Please, someone clarify. I hate not knowing.

#8168 4 years ago

Wait... His *crime* is pretending to have sex with a doll? That's not a crime even if he actually had sex with it.

Bad taste? OK, maybe, whatever. But who has so little problems in their life that they have time to make an issue of this?

#8307 4 years ago

If you fully loaded both troughs with optos you could have as many as 16 balls in the machine.

#8596 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Came tonight U.P.S.,on the porch

But how did the TAPE look?

2 weeks later
#10375 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There appeared to be:
-12 legitimate shots to the upper inner loop
There were 8 clean shots:
5 shots hit the wall at it's vertical portion, absorbing the momentum...

I've played dozens of games on this machine.
The easiest shot is the right ramp, the second easiest shot is the orbit shot from the upper flipper.
All of this "Is the upper orbit shot easy/reliable?" talk will vanish when machines start shipping.

#10380 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is the upper orbit shot easily loopable too? Would be fun if you can rip a few shots in a row and really get that spinner going!

Yes, easily loopable. Very.
As for shipping timeframe, I have zero to do with that. Pinball Life does not make pinball machines, we only make parts.

#10390 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

How difficult is the portal garage shot from upper flipper?

Hardest shot in game (off the tip of the upper flipper).
Sometimes you can get to the garage via the right orbit, but other times you are locked out by the diverter. Sometimes only the upper flipper garage shot is lit (like for a super jackpot). The game knows from which direction the ball entered the garage because of optos.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 300.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=pinballlife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.