20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

As a Pinball Tech who works on these games, I heartily disagree. The liberal use of hot glue and plastic switch mounts, does not hold up well in a commercial environment. Even TNA, whichis a fairly simple game, mech wise, breaks far more often than the Sterns do. They make great games, play wise... But They themselves will tell you, they build home machines, not commercial routable tables.

I have to agree with this.

Everything has to be bolted, riveted and made super robust.

Route conditions are a good indicator of engineering problems.

Games have to be routed heavily during the sample phase. This usually shakes out most bugs.

#1030 4 years ago

I'm going to TPF.

Will there be a playable proto at the show?

I am already in at kingpin games.

The question is whether I buy one or 2.

#1083 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Although not "all" BS Edition features are fully announced this is what has been. We are talking all cosmetic stuff. Note that in either case, the playfield features will be the SAME (From SpookyCharlie in the Fang Club Thread):
So about this "Blood Suckers Edition"...
It's FUN, and it gets YOUR game some unique upgraded items that will leave you the envy of all the other monsters in your mausoleum! We want to give you something special for believing in us. The side armor special cut design and colors will be a cool combination only available on the Fang Club games. The plaque will be laser etched and placed directly in the center of your super weird apron coated in the same gross vein metal color as those one-of-a-kind side rails. There's even a few surprises we can't even talk about yet... but we think these games will be super creepy fun and collectible for years to come!
All Fang Club Members will get the chance to buy-in on our games 2 weeks before it opens to the public! You can choose a regular game or Blood Suckers Edition, but please note: ALL BLOOD SUCKERS GAMES WILL BE BUILT IN ORDER, AND BUILT FIRST!
In fact, if you buy a Blood Suckers Edition in the first 48 hours of sales launch, your game will even get another special little graveyard ornamental item AT NO EXTRA COST!
The Blood Suckers Edition game sales will close 4 weeks from the launch date, and NO MORE WILL EVER BE SOLD AFTER THAT! Really... we mean that. No games from the vault, crypt, coffin, or any other plan of resurrection of the dead.
Question: Does that mean I will get a lesser game if I DON'T take on this B.S. edition?
Answer: The standard games will have ALL THE SAME PLAYFIELD FEATURES AS THE B.S. edition (that's, Blood Suckers, folks). We don't believe in giving you a lesser game play experience in ANY of our games.

So it's just all about armour...ok.

#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

1. Edition-specific armour/colors.
2. Custom plaque.
3. Possible other "goodies", unannounced. But no additional playfield features.
4. BS Editions ALL built first, so if you want your machine quickly, BS Edition is the way to go, and those will be built in order too.
I won't even pretend to know the line/build capacity for the game....it may overlap ACNC at first for the last few of those and if so, that may slow it down to start...plus just the ramp up time for a new machine.
As an ACNC owner, what I CAN say is that it took a while for machines to really get rolling. Once they did, it seems that they were cranking out about 50/month. Take that for what it's worth....just my experience.

Ok, so:

Colored armour
Little plaque
Maybe a toy.
Get a line pass to not wait 18 to 24 months

Might be worth it to not have to wait as long.

First to pay, first to play.

#1107 4 years ago

BS edition.

I really like that term lol

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

product from a hot dog factory.

Mmmmmm, hotdogs!

#1115 4 years ago

Joined the club, bought the album...

All set!

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That Would be pretty dissapointing.
Would there be Refunds for Fang Club membership for these people?? ... certainly hope so.
Mess.

Joining the club is for a poster.
It's a fan club.

#1301 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure why people need to join a club and go in blind? You have to pay $100 to join a club, that put's you on a list ahead of non-club members to purchase a game without even seeing game play? What if it is not up to a particular persons standards? Do they get a refund on the club membership? Are there any guarantees? Do you get a T-shirt with colored sleeves? Do you get a sticker? So many questions on this club process?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Try shopping at costco...

#1837 4 years ago

I just want the game to have ramps/wireforms that work, and maybe a mini playfield ...

I do like that in a game.

#1841 4 years ago

I'm not in any hurry to get this game.

I have to sell something just to get in my gameroom lol.

#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Hey spookycharlie, thank you for the clarification post re: Fang Club members. Apologies to go around in circles on this (my brain is in 8-bit mode), is this true for international Fang Club members too? ie: we purchase direct from you guys or do we go via our local distributor/contacts (ie: Spooky Pinball Australia)? Thank you.

Join the fang club.
Get on a distributors' list.

#2119 4 years ago

First to pay, first to play.

#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm assuming we will also be getting hit for that almost 10% Ca. sales tax upon purchase.
No problem. If people can afford new pinball machines , then they should pay their taxes as well.

For $750 in taxes, drive to Vegas and pick it up there maybe?

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

With my property tax of $1000 a year, I think I can manage it. After all, a house is just a luxury item.

In Nevada a house is also a luxury item.

As well as power, water, internet, food, clothing etc...

And if course driving.
Cars have a priviledge tax applied to the annual registration on top of the registration.

Because, of course it's a priviledge to be driven to the hospital, especially if you live outside of town...

Oh wait! Everywhere in Nevada is out of town...

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I foresee a lot of people trading early spots with later spots when the time comes since its gonna be really hard to nail down your place in line and nobodys gonna wanna wait to order.

I waited so long for my ECLEWOZ, I actually forgot about it, I bought it day 1.

When Jen called, I was shocked and tickled at the same time.

I thought I had lost my money on a foolish venture lol.

So, I'm in no hurry at all.

I just hope the game is better than all the other spooky games.

I haven't felt compelled to buy any of them until now.

#4389 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Okay... as there are a lot of people on here that have never seen, or heard of Rick and Morty... what is the one episode you would use to introduce them to the show for an overview. Surely not the pilot. I'd vote pickle rick episode but what would you guys say?

Just start from episode 1.

#4561 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Is anyone else going to avoid all videos and stuff of the game until it shows up at their door? I like to go in fresh Gonna be hard though lol.

No.

#4563 4 years ago

To have the ball go into the portal/house and instantly appear elsewhere on the playfield is a major achiement.

It has me very intrigued.

Looks like great fun!

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I doubt I respect, or could anyway, any of the CEO's from Mickie D's or Walmart, yet I've still bought their products over the years.

Here in Reno we have McDonald's inside the Walmart.

"Mind Blown!"... lol

#4730 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I realize that this is impracticle in the real world but how awesome would it be to have a Mr. Meeseeks mode where every 10s or whatever the game adds another ball into play (up to say 12 balls) and you have to make 2 shots in order to end the mode, with the additional balls being added making that harder and harder as time goes on. Flood the pf in balls, totally unmanagable, LCD has a Meeseeks for each ball. Hillarity!

Maybe an interactive video and playfield mode for the meeseeks.

Hit a target to add/subtract.

You would have to split your attention between the screen and playfield.

Total chaos.

#5509 4 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Have any Distributers released their numbers To customers?

Yes.
#320 or something lol

#5596 4 years ago

I think/hope this game will be its own special episode and specific story line of the series instead of a collection of unrelated, but fun events.

Yeah im talking quest based perhaps.

One could even refer back to it in a series flashback. It would be way cool to see it referenced in the show.

I really liked what they did with the doctor who game. Time Streams is its own story by itself.

#5650 4 years ago

My game is number is

BS #317

Confirmed by kingpin games.

I went with a distro specifically to avoid the feeding frenzy and get a relatively low game number.

Kingpin delivered big-time!

Thank you so much Chris .

https://www.kingpingames.net/

If you want a game, contact all of the disto's.

This early in the process there will be people dropping out.

Dont wait.

#5654 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Nice, does the distributor make you pay the full amount upfront or is it a down payment?

Only the down payment.

#5655 4 years ago
Quoted from shimmydisc:

Standard order 724 here. Love the show, and I wonder how many new episodes will air before I get it?

How many seasons! Lol

#5656 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Anyone else thing mirror blades are the way to go on this game with the darker spacey art on the back end? Leaning that way, but the artblades were absolutely the way to go on ACNC IMO

The proto shows art blades.

I wonder if they will have a couple of choices to choose from.

Maybe something slightly brighter.

#5690 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I vote RM since R&M does not work well on the site. RAM is just weird looking. haha
EDIT: RM is also better for searching than RAM.

RnM seems ok.

#5693 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Now can you tell me what ST stands for?

Soul Train

#5698 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can you share any tidbits on the your 2.0 lock... Something to tide us over for the holiday year end?

This holiday or the next one...

#5700 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I read somewhere that the second half episodes of season 5 would end the current contract and the 70 episode contract would apply thereafter. At 10 episodes per season and with no time off, this run will unfold thru 2027.

Im waiting for the episode where rick turns himself in a pinball for the pinball dimension.

#5758 4 years ago

I dont think anyone should buy a spot for this game yet. Its very early.

There will be spots available if you didnt make the feeding frenzy on day one.
Get on all the distributors lists for a 2nd chance.

There will be plenty of people dropping out due to regular life issues.

#6280 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I am reading through this and wondering how (if) I should even react to you statements. Are you implying that I did something wrong by allowing the customer that have helped grow my business have first access to the new game? Are you aware that this has been Spooky's model for every game after amh up until now? The only reason it was changed here was because they (spooky) had more previous customers than buildable games. For them, this was the only fair way. I suspect this is also why pinball star did it the way they did. Will I someday have to turn to the same sale style? Hopefully, but in the mean time i am still small enough to not have the volume of customers that the others do.
As for luke "even talked about it," so what? My customers EARNED the privilege of having first pick at the new game. If luck or Charlie or anyone at spooky has an issue with the way I run my business they will let me know. Fyi, I am also one of spooky's tech support people that answers emails on Christmas eve, after 10pm and even offers facetime to help walk through problems. If I was doing ANYTHING wrong would they let me help them?
Not that I need to explain this, but even after ALL of my previous customers confirmed they wanted a game, new customers started getting games in the mid 200's.
I'm sorry that you are frustrated by the lack of communication from your distributor, but that doesnt mean you should come here and try to attack spooky or myself for doing business they way we feel appropriate for our customers. On the next game you want, find a distributor that will work the way you want things done. That's the nice thing about pinball. The products are all the same no matter who you get them from, so it comes down to who you makes you feel like a priority and not a paycheck.
I believe you even reached out to me about getting a game. Had you stuck with that you would have a number (and even possibly earlier that what you will end up with). I truly do feel bad for you guys that are waiting, but I have done nothing wrong.

Im a new customer for Chris.

He does exactly as he says.
What more could you want?

OUTSTANDING service and support.

Thanks Chris for getting me a game! (In the low 300's to boot lol)

#6558 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

Maybe I'm confused about what the butter upgrade is. I thought there was a clear coat layer put over the printing. Wouldn't that protect it more/make it more durable?

No, its layers of sweet creamery butter carefully applied in a "tasteful" manner...

Mmmmm... butter....!

#6797 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

So BSE is just an upcharge for purple powder coat instead of grey?
What is included with the BSE?

And a toy...

Its like going on a date.

Gas to the venue, covered.

Everything else is extra lol

Its an a-la-carte style menu !

Hint, just order water. The wine is over priced...

#7098 4 years ago

Plumbus launch button.

Complimentary can of schleem to keep it smooth.

#7112 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

"I'm a flipper Morty!!" Introducing our first of Many custom mods for the Amazing Spooky release. Give Morty's pickle pal the star treatment as you battle through the dimensions of the universe. Custom made on a sewer grate and hand painted to perfect detail. Simple and reversible installation. Flipper Rick the smartest flipper in the universe is ready for battle! (Note, as some only like to customize the lower flippers this kit is sold as a set of 2!)
More info and detail available via our website: We appreciate your support.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look cool!

I would like them also without the pickles too.

#7534 4 years ago

Wear 2 socks and always use the back door.

Ultimate protection.

#7608 4 years ago

I have a R&M coming and I dont really want to sell any of my games...

This is a serious first world problem.

The struggle is real!

#notenoughroomfornewpinball

#7610 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

I’m in the same boat but I have a high production number so I have a lot of time to decide what to do.

My number is 317...
Its gonna be here real soon OoooooWeeeeee! lol

What would Noob noob do.......?

#7649 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Still bummed I wasn’t able to get one.

Distributors still have unsold games from people dropping out.

#7841 4 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Looks like free toppers for all[quoted image]

OMG !!! (Spit my coffee and peed myself a little...)

This is amazing!

#7993 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Games are still available from distributors, is that actually confirmed?

yes, try nitro

#8002 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I'm locked into a standard but was under the impression the game sold out, due to the whole "SOLD OUT" thing. Spots sitting at distributors =/= sold out in my opinion, and seems misleading. Makes zero difference to me one way or the other but I can't believe that #440 spot on ebay has been bid up $1000 over value when spots are still available (I wonder if the guys bidding on that are aware?)

Sold out does not mean you cant get a game.

It only means that they are spoken for.

There will be lots of motion in the spots during the years it will take to get the game.
People drop out, lose interest etc.

Its not a worry, it always is this way.

If you want a game, contact the distro's. they will have one for you.

Its what they do. lol

#8007 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm pretty sure that some of the people crying about being shut out, are wanting to only buy a low number spot and for way under market value.
Availability with distributors won't achieve that.

People with low number spots drop out too.

#8010 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I reached out to spooky 3 weeks ago and was advised that I was put on a list, but I haven't heard anything else since.

I would get on some of the distributors lists also, if you really want a game.
A couple of pinsiders bought games in the last few days.

#8067 4 years ago

I use headphones all the time in my gameroom.

I want to hear the game!

4 or 5 games running at the same time drowns out everything.

Im buying whatever pinnovators sells.

They are the best.

#8179 4 years ago

I saddened that the portal wasnt a vortex like the cup in Diner.
Its a missed opportunity that would have been very cool.

#8181 4 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

exclusive spooky factory photos, don't share but looks like every pinball is even more cronenburg than the next!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Morty "Pocket Pool" game.

Classic! Lol

#8185 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I respectfully disagree. While it sounds neat, it would get old and slow the game down. It’d also dampen the effect of having the ball disappear and teleport immediately to the bottom left flipper.

I agree, but it could have been used to randomize the modes instead of points.
Just thinking lol.

#8361 4 years ago

Pickle Rick pringles not available until february....So sad....I really want them NOW lol.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/22/us/pickle-rick-pringles-rick-and-morty-trnd/index.html

Ill have to get a case and eat them while opening my talking Baby yoda in may....

#8515 4 years ago

I dont need a video.
I dont need Fang Club merch (although it looks nice...)
I dont need my game right now or immediately...

What I need is to move a game out of my gameroom in order to set it up.

Otherwise it sits in its box.

#8540 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I’m a local giver if that need arises

lol.

I just sold one of my IJ's. Sadly its not enough...
Maybe sell the Houdini? IDK... I really love the game lol !

#8713 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes he's one of those guys who thinks online anonymity is an excuse to be an ass. If he acted IRL like he does online he'd have no friends.

Friends are overrated...

#8907 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thats Noob Noob[quoted image]

the most underrated character in the multiverse...

#9057 4 years ago

The rubber bumper pad at the end of the plastic ramp should probably be made of steel.

This game is going to get a lot of plays.

Williams made them steel for a good reason, 50,000 plays blows the ends of the ramps out.

TheNoTrashCougar are there any off the shelf ramp stops that can be modified/bent/carved to fit this ramp?

Maybe Terry pinballlife has something in stock that can be used?

#9074 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I would think that a Cliffy will be made for that spot as part of his set for this game.

I would have to be pretty thick like all the other ramp stops.
Cliff's stuff is usually pretty thin.

I would definitely buy it, if it was of good quality.

#9389 4 years ago

The only thing that I see as a problem, is where to put the "lighted pringles can mod", on the game.

#9408 4 years ago

Ron Jeremy is....
Oh well, you get it...

#9412 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Any guess when you’re getting yours ? I got a standard ( doh ! ) so over a year wait for me . Hoping to play one much sooner tho

#317 checking in, now return to battle soldier....

#9413 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

JJP is doing this with WOZ and Stern did it with Munsters Premium and batman 66 super LE just to name some examples. I'm not saying Spooky would do this and I believe them but its not difficult to see why people believe it might happen.

This from JJP and Stern:

Spooky, not so much...

#9808 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Boy....somebody (me) feels REALLY stupid for not pulling the trigger on sale day. Joined FANG before the R&M info came out, then thought "I can get one later, if I like it."
Whoops, what an idiot....
Feels real bad, man....

Contact all of the distros.
Im confident there are a few still available.

#10029 4 years ago

In before the lock? Lol
I don't think they have officially shipped a game...yet .

#10151 4 years ago

Purge video mode upon completion of the purge game mode.

colorful, exciting and gory!

Or something with cats...

#10243 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So how do the Meeseeks work in this game, and what do they do, generally?

Add a ball.
Its really well done.

#10260 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Quoted from pinballinreno:
Add a ball.
Its really well done.

This is wrong. Add-a-ball in multiball is done with the flooble crank.

Thanks for the clarification!

#10345 4 years ago

BS edition, check.
Knocker, check.
Shaker motor, check.
Art blades, check.
Bill validator door, check. (to add Pinnovators headphone jack later)

Honestly I like the look of the black door better than the purple.

I also don't feel that a clearcoated cabinet is what I need.....

Anything I'm missing?

#10356 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Plastic protectors, Lit Speaker Panel and target decals? Coin box if you wanna route it..

Lit speaker panels!

Yep, i gotta have 'em!

Coin mechs and a coin box?
Maybe i can add them later?

#10364 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wondered if the spinner was misaligned... So I went and rewatched the video and I think this may not be the case, it might be something else: I'm sharing the below in hopes that it may be some help:
There appeared to be:
-12 legitimate shots to the upper inner loop
-2 were slightly not accurate and actually hit a rubber killing the shot
-2 were too weak and wouldn't have made it
There were 8 clean shots:
-0 hit the spinner and lost momentum from doing so
-3 shots were successful
-And here's the interesting one... 5 shots hit the wall at it's vertical portion, absorbing the momentum before it could be transferred to vertical trajectory, making the orbit shot fail.
What does this mean? Around 40% of clean shots to the orbit made it around successfully (limited sample obviously). It looks like when the shot goes higher in the entrance it hits the wall and is unsuccessful, when it goes lower, momentum is retained, transferred upwards and the shot is successful. I don't know, maybe adding more curve to the top portion of the wall could help?
You can see what I'm talking about here:
I'm in on one of these and am want this to be a huge success, sharing in the spirit of hoping this info may be of use.

I didnt buy MB because it was too easy and i would be bored.

In my opinion a game must have a certain fun, frustration level.

The shots should look easy but be challenging.

And be lightning fast at times yet controllable.

I think the game looks like all of that was accomplished.

#10369 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Fish Tales Boat Ramps.
Smoth as silk when you are hitting them. Brick City when you lose that feel.

Im a expert at hitting post bumpers.

No matter how narrow or hidden.

2.5" or 3" wide gaping ramp entrances elude me.

Hitting post bumpers is my super power.

Im a pinball shortstop.

Its all about the infield, lighting fast drains, and 15 second ball times...

That's my jam.

#10413 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Has anyone here who missed the original buy in obtained a spot without shelling out more than the deposit value?

Get on all of the distros lists.
A game will definitely come up for you.

18 mos is a long time, there will be a lot of shuffling around.

#10420 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Are any of this batch going to make it to operators or non-insiders? Wondering when we might get some street action

#10443 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

$3,000! We are now looking at a $9,000 plus accessories, delivery, and tax fee for a Rick and Morty Standard being delivered in Summer 2021!

Lol, there will likely be a used game market by then.

#10535 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

That's the one.

Well I don't think I'm an idiot. And a year from now should be interesting to see what it's going for. I intend on holding onto mine for awhile.

This, more or less. I missed the presale, really want one, and the sooner the better.

I don't think youre an idiot either.

NIB R&M might go for 12k or more a year from now from the right buyer.

Theres a global demand.

Hint: convert it to a BS edition.
You absolutely can do this.
Its not even built yet.

#10546 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Dear Pinside,
How many weeks until Kaneda sells his game and I can buy a $1500 preorder for $500? I am going to say 12 weeks from now.
Sincerely
President of the I Missed out on Rick and Morty Pinball Club.

Youre not on all the distro lists?

#10551 4 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just picked up my alternate topper.[quoted image]

Nice!

I wish they would sell them here in reno nv.

I need a case for my upcoming unboxing party!

I need them to go with my Rick and Morty beer.

Rick and Morty beer
Departed Soles Brewing Company in Jersey City, NJ.

#10841 4 years ago

Mmmmmm... sweet creamery butter...

#10870 4 years ago

Getting drunk at the outback steakhouse bar not thinking about pinball right now...
IMG_20200214_183806_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200214_183806_01 (resized).jpg

#10969 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Taken after today's steam... this was more work than I can describe. Super proud of our team!
Much more goodness to come very soon... games are moving, thanks to everyone who believes in Spooky.[quoted image]

Will there be factory mylar on the pop bumper areas and the drop areas?
I hate ripping apart a brand new game to add it.

#11134 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

Free shipping on the deposit lol.

#11304 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

dunno, maybe locations that previously had spooky machines? I hope I can still make money on this machine by the time I get it in ~7 months if not it will definitely by my only spooky machine

because they don't artificially limit them so everyone that wants one can buy one, not this artificial scarcity nonsense... also most of my sterns are definitely not worth half of what I paid for them... some have even gone up in value... ex. Tron... and even if it was I would not care since it's paid for itself several times over
also I love how everyone in this thread that doesn't fawn over spooky and participate in the circle jerk is downvoted to infinity, pinside is getting worse than reddit

There are plenty low numbers available at a premium if you think uou will lose out on the action.

Might be a good investment for you.

#11359 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Played RM today. Fun game... hope to have one in my collection at some point... a few geometry concerns.
For those of you chomping at the bit and considering paying a flipper’s premium to get a spot. I advise you to wait and play the game before you give someone a heap of cash to buy out their down payment.
I could be wrong, and no disrespect to anyone... But after playing, I think the flippers’ market is going to fall apart in a month or two. For several reasons, that’s my gut call.
Overall, nice work by Scott D. I’ve loved owning my TNA, and can see how RM could be solid in a home environment where the game can be tuned up and dialed in.

Looks like some challenging action from the vids, Its no MB thats for sure, MB was a snoozefest for me.

Its ok though, I seem to like some challenge in a home game.

My AFMr loves to kick peoples ass, so does my DW and Houdini. I love all of these games!

#11360 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Try putting half a drop of super lube on the ends of a spinner and see what happens.
After you try this, you will do it to every game you own that has a spinner.[quoted image]

that stuff is magical! I use it all over the place. Just a tiny drop is all it takes.
My TH spinner goes to erebor on one hit lol.

#11403 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Could you use this lube on a pinball shooter rod with out any problems?

Absolutely !

#11430 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Dirty shooter rod! ... spreading Grime and Crap onto Players hands ....
No lubricant on shooter rod is exactly the same concept as why you don't do it with coils and coil sleeves. Then some.
Rods .... They become gummy and sticky in no time with wet lubricants, coil or no coil.

Dry lube on shooter rods.

Something like tri-lube or a dry silicone/ptfe spray.

Works good won't gum up.

#11461 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Spooky also said if you purchased prior games you would get priority on their new games. Spooky went back on their word already.

You should read what you wrote, its stupid.

Since 100% of game sales were fang club members, 100% of these game sales get priority lol.

No one would have ever thought that it would sell out that fast. (i kinda did..#317 here!)

Their word is true. (C'mon August/September!!!!)

#11481 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe just play better?

Flail harder!

(I swear im going to have t-shirts made with this on it. It cracks me up)

#11484 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People always hear what they want to hear.

I only hear what i want to hear, and see what i want to see.

Its my super power.

#11524 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

How friendly was family friendly?

My family isnt all that friendly...

#11633 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I thought these early games were intentionally given to ops and sent to location first so that they could be better tested to get feedback to work out issues...

Old school location testing might have to come back!

Circa Bally/Williams

#11637 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I removed and inspected the apron, it isn’t stressed.. Luke has already confirmed above that this issue is confirmed and they are working on the solution.

Nothing a dremel cant sort out.

#11786 4 years ago

I am personally not concerned about any tweaks or adjustments to be made on this game.

As you might have seen on my houdidni tweaks and adjustments experience, there are always ways to make a game work perfectly.

This game looks about par for the course on adjustments, nothing really serious.

I do however want mostly completed code with 10 or more dimensions.

Im getting fed up with waiting 2 or 3 years for meaningful code updates.

So the jury is still out as to whether or not I actually open the box and play this game or route it or sell it.

I really looked forward to playing it at TPF, but thats not happening.

There are no examples near me to play before I receive my game, finding a game to preview would really help out.

#11796 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There are currently 17 dimensions
/you probably meant adventures

Yes! Lol

#11824 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

*** Not my picture nor comments, posted in the R&M Facebook Group *****
spookycharlie
"Post rubbers very thin and don’t last long at all"[quoted image]

Spooky should change over to urethane post sleeves or make it an option.

I put silicone in my Diner and it didnt last 500 games, total waste of time

Im using Cliffy sleeves on all my games now.

They are the best.

#11827 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Got a direct link?
I would like to order these for my ACNC, as well as for my Rick and Morty when it arrives.

Here ya go:

https://www.passionforpinball.com/colorsleeves.htm

#11832 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I think the superband posts are a tad thinner. Same material...

I compared most of the offerings side by side when doing my Super high end restore of my Doctor Who.

The cliffy post sleeves won hands down.

The game plays like a dream and the posts are reactive and "just right".

3 months later
#12116 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did I say I have a machine? lol. No, I ended up with someone else's spot.
The No Fear trick works good.

If its an improvement, it should be immediately be embraced and changed at the assembly line.

#12118 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's an improvement for now. Gotta see how many games we can play to see how reliable it stays. The original on No Fear, many were removed when the flipper buttons started getting sticky. However, Rick and Morty has more sprung return pressure being they are metal leafs and not a plastic opto interupter.
What it does do is give the leafs more travel, so the switches can close with a little more pressure.

Why not just use a fender washer for durability, Its attached to a plastic button so no ground path?

2 months later
#12183 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Where can we get a flyer for this game. Please put one in my NIB before it's shipped Spooky. Thanks. PS Scott ask Charlie to please make this happen.

I would like a couple flyers!

Did anyone make any?

They sold out so fast...

4 weeks later
#12203 3 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

I asked over in the other form but does anyone know how many standard editions they sold? I was looking to try and get a standard spot but I’m hearing they only sold about 25, so might be almost impossible!

The standard is the ultra limited edition.

#12212 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

This is a silly thing for people to keep saying. Not clever, or even true.
There was no "limit" to the standards, no "limiting" going on besides the 750 for both models, thus it was not a "limited edition."
The BSE was the overwhelming choice because it is way cooler. A few dozen took the inferior standard edition, maybe to save money, or they just preferred black, or had some prejudice against purple, or perhaps planned to do their own powder coating with some other color (hell, if green was a factory choice, I'd have ordered that).
But implying that the standard is somehow better due to rarity is inane, even if done tongue-in-cheek. Enough already.
Rarity is meaningless without demand!
Now, if you wanted to be funny, you could point out the irony in the fact that the BSE is the standard, numbers-wise, and the Standard is, uh, sub-standard maybe?

Wow.

#12214 3 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

the black just looks better

I do like the black. But i like the purple too.

1 month later
#12236 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I really dig the cab art!! who are the signatures on the back? the builders or designers? please forgive my ignorance.
I need a wealthy woman to spoil me and get me one of these! I dont know what they sell for but I imagine over 6-7 grand?
Enjoy your game, it looks like a blast, and right next to another amazing si fi franchise/ game

$9250.00 delivered

8 months later
#12265 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I do NOT THINK you are supposed to use the burnishing tool on a low-power, low-current switch. Those switches are gold/copper plated, for low current signals. That burnisher is meant for high-voltage, older switches like used in EMs and early Solid State machines.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

The contact burnisher can be used on points that are gold. I believe the switch spooky uses for the flipper buttons is sw-1a-194 (gold plated). I would think the gold plating could be removed if the burnisher is used too aggressively but I have not had an issue using it. Yeah burnisher may not be needed for these switches in this game as they are newer and they could be cleaned without it ( a business card could be used) I still think it is a good tool to have.

The burnisher is an awesome tool!

You can use it exactly one time on gold contacts. Then never again as it just removed half the gold plate.

You can see it all come off on the tool itself.

It eats gold like candy.

Its really for much harder contact material, nickle or tungsten.

Basically use it on the old silver colored contacts.

My advice, dont use on gold at all.

Its not necessary.

Gold doesn't oxidize but does get dirty and covered with waxey black dust.

Instead use a little flitz on a qtip.

Then burnish off dry with a few dry qtips.

Works perfectly and you can clean brass wiper leafs off while you are there.

Works better than paper etc.

Flitz has a corrosion inhibiter to keep them clean for years.

1 week later
#12274 2 years ago

My game may be going on location soon.

Its still in the box.

Is anything on this game stable enough for location play?

Im commited to the $500 of fixes and bulletproofing, just to play it and maybe make it stable.

Just curious if anyone has a stable game on location.

I do see games temporarily on location that get pulled after a short time.

Im wondering if this is normal or not.

I intend to document its life.

#12276 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ball traps and reboot bugs.

I can add the extra posts and so forth.

Its the buggy software that worries me.

#12278 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This would be something for Spooky to consider adding - a reboot counter in the system settings with date/time. You could monitor this and if it shows the machine rebooted, you could check the cloud security camera to see what was going on. It would immediately let you know if reboots were a problem on location, and might help Spooky crush the bugs in the process.

I agree.

However i was wondering if anyone has one on location.

And how is it holding up?

Or it it a constant nightmare, down more than up?

#12281 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Huh?
What do you need to spend $500 bucks on?
Maybe a $1 post on the side rail in front of the apron, on the off chance a ball goes up there. And install the revised flipper bushings if your games hasn’t got any.
DNO could chime in, he has one on location and would advise on what’s needed.
Whysnow too, but I don’t think he can post here anymore.
rd

I think im gonna route it and see what happens !

Offers to buy it from me arent that exciting.

I can always restore it down the road.

#12283 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What do you need to spend $500 bucks on?

Bill acceptor with harness (expensive but gotta have it).

Metal ship support, mylars, black titan rubbers, hot glue, improved launch wireform, mini posts, extra balls, wax and supplies, coin box (I ordered it but it wasnt included lol), cliffy's, x spacers, cooling fans etc...

I will set up the game in my shop to make all the recommended adjustments, route harden it, test it thoroughly and then send it out.

#12285 2 years ago
Quoted from Exgametrader:

Have had one on route for a while now with 4K ish plays been pretty reliable no real ball trap issues
The issues that have come up
#1 lots of loose connectors have a glue gun handy to re apply
#2 broken ship mount seems to be real common got a few extra from PL
#3 broken pop bumper LED Can get extras from PL
#4 recently had the guide rail for the inner loop(spinner) break got replacement from spooky (was able to add a post and rubber to keep it earning til part came in)
#5 STILL can’t figure out the match it is turned on in menu and goes through the match animation but never actually matches and gives out a credit
Overall been pretty reliable and a fantastic earner

This is what I want to hear!

Thank you so much.

A new barcade is opening up near me and they have specifically called out to me, to set up my game.

I imagine that it will be a good earner for several years to come.

We will see how it looks at 40,000 plays.

#12287 2 years ago
Quoted from Exgametrader:

Would definitely recommend turning all the ball savers on and lengthen them. We also lowered the replay amount it is a very tough game and can be a bit disheartening for beginners

Noted.

We will definitely play test the game to make it more fair and worth the $1 per game.

Its no fun to lose ball after ball, especially if you are trying to learn the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=pinballinreno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.