20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1642 4 years ago

I joined Dec 5th 7PM and my number is AB-1369

#2529 4 years ago

Features mentioned

649BCD2B-904D-42DD-B86E-003C98983036 (resized).png649BCD2B-904D-42DD-B86E-003C98983036 (resized).pngAF988439-FC14-4790-8010-BB12F6E7B49C (resized).pngAF988439-FC14-4790-8010-BB12F6E7B49C (resized).png
#3866 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought it was going to be Killer Klowns From Outer Space, that had a chance. This has zero chance. Who the hell are Rick and Morty?

Yikes. This didn't age well. Figures it would come from a Stern shill. Get off my lawn!

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I can tell you that there is a messeeks box - it's the target on the right side below the upper flipper. We're currently using the meeseeks as a value multiplier (aka, they help you get more points). When you spawn one, it appears on a shot and that shot is worth more. How much more depends on how many meeseeks are 'live'. Then if they stay alive for too long, they 'go bad' and change color, and now that shot is worth LESS, not more, because they're salty and just wanna die.

I really love this idea! Thanks for sharing.

#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don’t dismiss discussion of the facts concerning charlatans & their documented schemes as “hate”. That makes it seems as though there’s no rationale or context.

I always appreciate when someone brings up Jpop and his scumbaggery. The guy is a scam artist and the fact that DR hired him goes to show how much integrity they have. I will never buy a DR game.

#4874 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Have we reached the 'whiney I want it now' phase?

Yes. Can't wait for buyers to complain that their order number doesn't correlate with what they think their actual number is.

#5352 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a suggestion to Spooky to keep the line orderly..... They have made it clear from the start any buyer can have buyers remorse and there is no issue selling your spot. They Should however note that you are buying a Spot and any buyer sale transfer will form at the back of the line! All numbers stay the same just that last minute buyer steps to the back of the line. Pretty much an industry standard and would dispel the few trying to make a buck off the spooky orders. Just a thought.

So are you saying that if someone buys a person's spot they go to the back of the line or that they SHOULD go back to the line? Your wording is confusing.

#5355 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I did not, very much looking forward to the game. The game is going to be squanchy.

SOLD!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Pre-order spot for a game (Personal only) - “Rick and Morty #374, delivery probably next September.”
2019-12-20
Lakeville, MN
2,700 (Firm)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 89 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5360 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They are buying a Spot in line. Same game # only the delivery would be at the back of the line! Why should someone who has more money or failed to order buy their way to the front?

I don't think that is how it works but...ok?

1 week later
#6140 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What are your favorite episodes?

Season 2 Episode 4 Total Rickall

#6149 4 years ago

This will be my first Spooky game. Do they typically number their games? I’m talking about a physical plaque/medallion. It would be cool if they took our numbers and just added C to the beginning. So each machine would be another dimension. Maybe incorporate it into the portal gun or a different spot. If anything I think it would be an idea for the modders. I’m pretty sure someone offered a similar product for JJP POTC CEs.

#6180 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

The answer is hell no and the reason is bigger kickback.

He used PayPal for his preorders. Because he could not estimate how many standards and BSEs we’re going to make up his allotment, he created a set amount of BSE and Standard preorder slots. It wasn’t set in stone though. Time to take your tin foil hat off.

#6187 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Congrats to all those who got in on a R&M. I would be thrilled to have any number as these sold out so fast.

There are a few distributors that still have spots if you are serious.

#6198 4 years ago

Hey that’s what I was referencing. Thanks for finding that post. Joe said the same thing when I talked to him although I didn’t end up buying from him. There’s your proof Mrawesome44

#6617 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I have a spot for sale, but I would certainly rather pay for a spot then a NIB or used game at over MSRP. With only 750 made you know the games are gonna get flipped for profit so why not get it new and sooner than others.

A 4K markup for a spot?! Seems like you’re just trying to capitalize/speculate and had no intention actually buying a game.

#6682 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Blows my mind Stranger Things has been on route near me since the 24th I mean holy shit can Stern crank out some machines.

But you can’t try to gouge preorders for Stern games, amirite?

#6929 4 years ago

Saw 128 new posts. Got excited. Thanks for the disappointment. Could be worse. At least it’s not talk about pinball DLC.

#7100 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

"I'm a flipper Morty!!" Introducing our first of Many custom mods for the Amazing Spooky release. Give Morty's pickle pal the star treatment as you battle through the dimensions of the universe. Custom made on a sewer grate and hand painted to perfect detail. Simple and reversible installation. Flipper Rick the smartest flipper in the universe is ready for battle! (Note, as some only like to customize the lower flippers this kit is sold as a set of 2!)
More info and detail available via our website: We appreciate your support.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this a final piece or prototype?

#7457 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It was a general question. I heard Kingpin say Spooky benefits from getting games to Operators first so they could use feedback and actually make adjustments to the game. I thought that’s weird, shouldn’t the kinks be worked out first?

I read that as code adjustments.

#7487 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

scott:
any chance that you can make the flooble crack out out of an unusually long piece of nylon extended up from the very bottom of the cabinet and secured with nothing but fleeb juice and a hissurd?
some of us LOVE having to fix our machines the same week that they are unboxed and set up

Stern obviously forgot to have a schlami rub it and spit on it. Those schmeckle pinchers are always trying to cut costs somewhere.

#7647 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I know these are like $8K machines out the door, and I could wave my hands demanding forever free updates to this machine as R&M progresses as a show.
But this gets us back to that whole painful DLC discussion. Not that I’m a DLC fan, but if a subscription model is made it’s then contractural. Meaning they__have__ to staff and develop new code “forever”.
Hence I’m a fan of paid DLC if it gets developers assigned to my R&M machine forever. Because it adds more value to my $8K table over time, and it won’t go stale like most games after a year of ownership and 3,000 plays.
What’s $30-$40 bucks for a full pack update now and then?
Expecting lots of downvotes. But selfishly I see DLC as a way to guarantee and motivate significant new code for my $8K toy. And not win the lottery so to speak with a particularly motivated Lyman type.
It hasn’t been really done before, and in some sense it’s ground breaking and adds value. Also with a 18mo product cycle it makes a lot of sense for Spookie to make machines longer term profitable like a platform.
Ok downvote away.

Seriously give it a rest dude or start your own DLC crusade thread.

#7691 4 years ago

That is very generous. Thanks Spoooky!

#7961 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

LOL, he said Austria.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

get on a truck and go to a warehouse in Germany, then get delivered to your place...

2 weeks later
#9395 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I agree the Rick and Morty Superbowl ad didn't hurt this game at all but didn't help either unless Spooky plans to announce another 250 games. I'll make a superbowl prediction... an announcement will happen at some point 250 more games.
What is the line on that? 2 1/2 to 1 maybe?

You forget to take your meds again?

#9416 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

OMG we have some seriously deranged people here

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa (resized).png88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa (resized).png
#10067 4 years ago

I actually enjoyed the stream a lot. I don't think it would have been even close to as good if Bowen wasn't there. No offense to Charlie (aka nicest guy in pinball). The banter between Bowen and host kept it interesting.

#10073 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Considering the foregoing, it is readily apparent that the playfield design is neither exciting, nor novel. There is nothing unique, unconventional, or otherwise ground braking about the design, ball path, or mechs in this game, to say nothing about the true value of any part of it or the sum of its parts. I am disappointed in the layout, and the lack of real mechs or interactive toys on this game.

Listen Jerry, the same could be said of your beloved Willy Wonka. Lawlor himself raved about the gumball mech like it was something new and innovating. It is just a rotating toy that reveals a gobble hole (ever play TOM?). The entire art direction was, "let's use a bunch of video slot machine assets". The standard art cab package is ridiculously generic. The mini lcd screen has been done to death and is the typical JJP shoot here display. All this said, I genuinely like the game even though the theme is like 45 years old, Gene Wilder's face is creepy AF and the theme integration is meh. I like how it shoots but I don't feel like Willy Wonka or Charlie. No amount of interactive (ie has a light that turns on) action figures fixes that. But seriously Jerry, what is innovative about Willy Wonka?

#10144 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I was a little surprised by how much people jumped on you as well.

I wasn't surprised by the reaction...hardly being jumped unless you count downvotes. But there is always POMC and iceman44 there to try to balance it out.

#10250 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Seems like there would be other uses, when outside of multiball, no? Given there are so many shots in the play field (in addition to the Meeseeks box).

Meeseeks are also timed multipliers on shots that decrease the longer it takes to hit that shot...to the point where the shot is worth less than normal.

#10464 4 years ago

3550. 355 Ebay/Paypal fees. 1000 for the deposit. Dude just made around 2200 dollars. Pretty crazy!

#10509 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

"But I want it, Daddy!"

No need to be a d-bag. Guy wanted a game and paid extra to get it. Like that's a first in our hobby?

1 week later
#11165 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There were a bunch of games available for the next week or so.

At least 2 weeks. Only way I know this is because I had a friend of a friend interested in one. You just needed to make an effort to contact all of the distributors which many pinsiders are too lazy to do.

#11249 4 years ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

100% correct. This is the typical childish that happens when people buy a limited amount of something and don’t want any more released simply because they enjoy the exclusivity that they feel there’s has. And it doesn’t hurt that their slot is now worth 2000+ more dollars because Spooky lacks the ability or willingness to make more than 750. I’m happy to wait for stern or JPP to build a me a machine around Rick and Morty season 9.

Sounds like sour grapes Jerry

1 week later
#11412 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone try this lube on the LOTR spinner?

This stuff is legit. Use it on all of my spinners. Had to increase the number of spins to qualify Erebor on my Hobbit but because it was too easy.

2 weeks later
#11722 4 years ago

Special K is a terrible player. He likes talking about pins more than playing them. His reviews hold absolutely no weight. He’s better off sticking with what he is good at... marketing manufactured pinball drama.

#11843 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
guy does not even know what the 3rd flipper button does but the game apparently sucks...
gotta love this shit. You can't even make it up.[quoted image]

Can we stop with the calling out of people's ratings?

1 month later
#11909 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

My first little airbrush, I like it’s
Pickle rick airbrush fingers[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take a set if you are selling them!

3 months later
#12123 3 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

If anyone has a sub 180 game number and wants to swap with our 264, pm me what you would need for it.

It’s not sub 180s but I have 208 that I might be interested in swapping for some cash.

1 week later
#12139 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There will always be people that buy in early because of FOMO and drop out later, selling their spots, because they need the $$ or some other game came along that peaks their interests

Quoted from iceman44:

There will people paying you to take their spots because something else comes along or they couldn’t afford it in the first place
Get a grip people and use some f ing common sense

Quoted from iceman44:

Let the hype die down and they will be paying you to take it

Quoted from iceman44:

STH is awesome. The results of actual delivery are starting to roll in

Aged like milk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.