20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onthesnap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

And no plunger

Plunger should be the front end of a Plumbus!

Hmm - I guess to get in on one, have to join the Spooky club and then get in line the minute the email is sent. And hope you are in year 1 of the build.

3 weeks later
#6582 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What incentive do they have to offer up a gameplay video? Today or ever?
You guys bought all the games in 5 hours.

Hoping the stream sucks so I can buy a spot in line for a reasonable premium. Not $6000

I was slow to make a decision to get the game. Over winter break I started to watch the series, and wrapping up season 2 I love it now. So sadly I’m on the outside looking in.

I desperately wanted to like St Things, but I’m not digging it.

Maybe TMNT will get my mind off of missing out on R&M.

#6608 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No premium is reasonable on a pre-order spot. That's idiocracy. Wait it out.

Sadly it’s the reality of the situation. If you want a game in 2020, best way is to pay for a spot at this point. People are buying them, hence there is market demand.

The advantage (ignoring loosing a chunk of money) is that you have some control of when you can get a game. With just 10 games a week, with an 18 month build span, this has real value.

As controversial as this is, it’s capitalism at play.

#6659 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm just trying to spare you a big hit. Not sure how long you've beem collecting, but lots of us have seen this play out many times before. Initial hype leading to irrational behavior. Tons of these will trade hands, likely hundreds, before the last NIB buyer even gets theirs. It will be faster and cheaper to simply buy one second hand at this point. And once the hype wears off in a few weeks, or a few months, this will just be another pin.

I agree with you completely. The long patient approach is the way to go. Yah I’ve been collecting for just a couple years. I do understand the psychology of FOMO and how the used market works. And ultimately there will be a day when we can find some RAMs in the Bay Area used. The psychological component of not having a reservation, wanting a limited game, and looking for an option to grab a spot is where this capitalistic indiscretion comes from.

But then I guess what is the price where it’s not a big hit to you personally where it’s worth it to get in line earlier for a NIB machine on a theme you really want?

These $6000 asks for a $1500 reservation are insane. But with a $1K markup for an early spot for a NIB RAM - it’s palatable. If RAM is one of the lucky games that stands the test of time and holds its value, then you stand to loose this markup. A very small chance demand exceeds supply long term and it demands a premium. So this $1K may break even.

Anyway - my 2c.

#6661 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I still find it funny that people see this as an “investment”... this is a hobby of expensive toys...enjoy the toy and move on. If it were a classic car, let me know how you did in 50 years, but to speculate now...not smart.

Agree. It’s money spent. But because they live their life at home, they do retain value once you decide to sell them.

For guys with small collections, it’s desirable to turn them over once they become stale. If we had to throw them in the trash whenever we wanted a new title, not many would venture to build collections. The fact that someone can invest $40K in a modest collection and keep it fresh with minimal losses over time by selling and trading is compelling and helps keep collectors going.

So yah - it’s not horrible to “speculate” if a title will retain value, or plummet (like a BKSOR). People also make bets in the stock market. It’s not crazy to look at a title and make a guess if it will plummet or float.

#6672 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Its $7500 with a 1500 down payment and balance due when your pin goes on the line. A bit different from your saying.

Some selling BSE earlier reservations of $1500 for $4000-$5000. That is $2500-$3500 profit on that reservation.

You’d hope $500 or less would buy a spot. But it seems $1K for a spot is market markup at the moment.

#6720 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My guess is once a more comprehensive gameplay video streams and people have a chance to play it, the premium over the deposit will drop by half or at least double. Reception will dictate the trajectory.

Passion project from Scott and Charlie, coupled with rule design by one of the best players in the world Bowen. Scott also taking one of his passionate hobbies (music/sound) and owning this piece of the pin. I own a TNA, and have ~3000 plays on mine. If Scott can make "old school" pinball this fun, I'm truly excited for his take on RAM.

Hmm. I wouldn't bet against this project being phenomenal. Plus listening to the podcasts they have pretty much free reign using the content. Which may have more moments compared to any series I've seen. Coupled with complete custom call outs co-authored with the RAM creators.

So yah - right now you can call all this hype. But I would not bet against what appears to be overwhelming odds for it's success.

#6771 4 years ago

What’s “interior graphics”?

#6783 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

ill do the same and add knocker. dont need no stinking coin box. i like the factory art blades. i hate to install them.

I think I’ll omit the knocker. My family doesn’t need to know about a new high score.

#6787 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

The code isn't done yet.

Yah - and there is no urgency to rush it. May as well make it the most ideal stream possible. Since they are sold out. And at this point they are just appeasing all the anxious some day to be owners.

It’s kind of a weird situation TBH.

#6886 4 years ago

Knockergate (tm pending)

Going to be a fun 18 months.

#6991 4 years ago

I think I need to completely forget about this pin. Else it will be the longest 18 months of my life. Really tough to buy a new toy and wait this long in a world of nearly instant gratification.

Much better to wake up one day to a Spooky email, and have a "oh yah, that's right!" sort of moment.

#7093 4 years ago

I swapped the fan right away on my TNA. Was a trivial effort and made the machine silent. Time well spent.

I’ll do the same For RAM if it shows up noisy again.

1 week later
#7642 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't hedge my bets on promises like this. I know they probably mean it right now, but it rarely works out that way.

I know these are like $8K machines out the door, and I could wave my hands demanding forever free updates to this machine as R&M progresses as a show.

But this gets us back to that whole painful DLC discussion. Not that I’m a DLC fan, but if a subscription model is made it’s then contractural. Meaning they__have__ to staff and develop new code “forever”.

Hence I’m a fan of paid DLC if it gets developers assigned to my R&M machine forever. Because it adds more value to my $8K table over time, and it won’t go stale like most games after a year of ownership and 3,000 plays.

What’s $30-$40 bucks for a full pack update now and then?

Expecting lots of downvotes. But selfishly I see DLC as a way to guarantee and motivate significant new code for my $8K toy. And not win the lottery so to speak with a particularly motivated Lyman type.

It hasn’t been really done before, and in some sense it’s ground breaking and adds value. Also with a 18mo product cycle it makes a lot of sense for Spookie to make machines longer term profitable like a platform.

Ok downvote away.

#7650 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Seriously give it a rest dude or start your own DLC crusade thread.

It's my first post on the topic. Not sure what to rest from?

Anyway - As was mentioned, they will get busy on the next game, and we will have what we have at some point on R&M because they have to move on to make new money.

This is the way.

My only point was we could get years more out of a machine if it was profitable to continue to add content. Irrespective of the debate, that notion is hugely compelling to me as a customer.

#7656 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Did you not listen to the interview?

They are already planning on doing updates with new material from future seasons. And TnA is getting updates even though it is two games ago...
Spooky is doing it right imo. Charging $50 for code update is not worth it.

Yah I listened. And it sounds great. If it's a Lyman like experience it's awesome. But ultimately time is expensive at some point, people have to move on. Unless coding is a night time hobby like it is for Lyman, and it's done out of passion instead of survival.

Anyway - as the moderator has noted, lets end it here. Sorry for the derail. Didn't mean to step on the latest Pinside killing mine.

#7660 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

And Eric Priepke is on code. That's what the guy does... nonstop. Have you seen how long he has been working on CCC and how many updates he releases? Have you seen how much new content he puts into that project on a regular basis? Pretty sure this is a guy that was hired to continue his "night time hobby". The guy works endlessly on projects he loves and I am pretty sure R&M will be one of those as well.

Yah - I noticed his programming studio for R&M looks like it's in his bedroom. So no doubt we are in good hands.

#7678 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Shame on you & everyone responsible for the person you’ve become.
Please give your spot to someone who understands pinball & will appreciate it.
Then punch yourself in the dick for 8 hours. If you got tired, ask someone else to finish your shift.

Thanks for upholding the Pinside bully stuff. Hope you've found it fulfilling.

#7682 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Does this mean you’re not going to give up your spot and repedidly punch yourself in the dick?

If it had the side effect of deflating his ego, I'd consider it.

#7719 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bully?! I’m standing up for the pinball customer! Someone who spends $8k on a game should never be bullied to pay more for a complete game. Ever. That price has been paid with the initial purchase. You can’t be on the side of taking advantage of pinball customers & call me a bully.

You missed my point. And yes, your behavior is bullying and it should stop. Nice that you view this as your private pissing ground and could care less about opinions of fellow hobbyists.

You pay $8K for a finished game. Including complete code. Then the development stops once that commitment is fulfilled. You got the game you paid for. It's done. All the s/w engineers have moved on to make money on the next project.

The not so new idea is to have the s/w engineers continue beyond that point to make our games have fresh content. Increasing the value and enjoyment vs having them be stagnant objects.

I understand the situation the industry is in with Machines shipping code incomplete. Therefore we are all worried about how companies will draw the line between what's owed and what is bonus. That's all fine.

But if there is a point when a company has a title which greatly expands over time as a feature, I'm in.

#7737 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

More interesting stuff happening now. Don't care.

I agree.

Stoked about the topper!

#7745 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

My second thought after "Wow that's amazing" was "I just know someone is going to complain about the free topper."

I guess I'm just a negative person. I hope I'm wrong!

Pinside PTSD?

#7972 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

On the topic of Bluetooth headphones for games: sounds great for a single game in a "collection". But in a larger collection, moving from game to game would suck with the pairing process.

Both would be nice. Adding BT is a $5 usb dongle. Then have an optional jack.

#8062 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I've found one with my distro. Love the show, love Danesi, love how the game turned out, but any thoughts on content with 8 and 12 year olds?

I have a 7 and 11 year old. With swear mode off, I still assume there will be ample adult humor. It'll go over the head of my 7 year old. But the 11 year old will get it.

I'll have to play the game and see. I'm sure with swearing off, it's still ok for on location. So maybe it's tame enough. If not, it'll be a machine they can't play.

#8097 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it ended at $3,067
ebay.com link » Rick And Morty Pinball Machine Deposit 440 Only 750 Will Be Made Ever

Wow, $1500 premium and not really a low spot. Maybe this is the current record.

And no stream yet!

Amazing

#8374 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I've only played 2 TNA's ( one of which I have here on loan ) but the beacon is very noisy on both. Not a deal breaker of course, and maybe they aren't all as noisy?

I somehow recall Scott mentioning the beacon was an off the shelf assembly. So would have nothing to do with it. Hopefully the new topper is silent like the psu fan.

1 week later
#8870 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Not far off.
Our internet really sucks out here.
If you get more than two people streaming at the same time stuff gets really slow.

SpaceX Starlink should come online this summer and undercut Xfinity with lower prices, lower latency, higher speed. Can’t wait to cut loose Xfinity forever.

1 week later
#10266 4 years ago

My car is ready for delivery
4B8BC94B-0C95-4B6C-AA28-61B4B92B6D48 (resized).jpeg4B8BC94B-0C95-4B6C-AA28-61B4B92B6D48 (resized).jpeg

584847B1-55BF-46EC-AE40-285E7E94430A (resized).jpeg584847B1-55BF-46EC-AE40-285E7E94430A (resized).jpeg30408050-F705-4E5D-A340-2A6F04DB684B (resized).jpeg30408050-F705-4E5D-A340-2A6F04DB684B (resized).jpeg
#10384 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Yes, easily loopable. Very.
As for shipping timeframe, I have zero to do with that. Pinball Life does not make pinball machines, we only make parts.

How difficult is the portal garage shot from upper flipper?

#10622 4 years ago

What does a Kruzman playfield cost? Sounds like a $1000+ process at least?

12 week leadtime, so only >160 may apply?

#11112 4 years ago

I guess most prefer the tighter moderation of the club threads.

#11152 4 years ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

This release started out bad and is getting worse. If you don’t understand supply and demand you don’t need to be involved in manufacturing license as big as Ricky & Morty. Pissing off more people than you service is sort of a bad marketing plan. I am not really blaming Spooky at this point if the licensors had any understanding about Pinball production they would’ve laughed at the concept of 750 machines.

Spooky is everything right in this hobby. Sucks to wake up and realize you missed out on an epic pin?

#11158 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Now, where the people who missed out can take comfort is in being patient. It is still hard to say if after the hype and FOMO die down if people will be paying a premium for used ones, or ones still waiting another year to receive theirs.

Really comes down to how much we love playing it, and how the code develops. Everything points towards epic.

Although we will see if the masses think the game is too brutal. I think it’s the perfect balance.

As a TNA owner, tough appeals to me. Pin of the year JP2 has some very very hard shots with the control room, helicopter, missile and upper right flipper side ramp. The right balance of tough can make a game epic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 13,500.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onthesnap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.