Topic Stats

• 12,246 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210108_020138 (resized).jpg
20210108_020106 (resized).jpg
Resized_20210106_145154 (resized).jpeg
no-stack-cones (resized).jpg
9DC9202A-B308-438B-BDF9-B34C9E7C70EE (resized).jpeg
20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG
IMG_1175 (resized).JPG
IMG_1174 (resized).JPG
DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (1 year ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (1 year ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (1 year ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 1 year ago

Definitely should be good and better quality than Stern.

#698 1 year ago

My first spooky pinball coming soon.

#929 1 year ago

Spooky rules.

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Better than a flu shot fo shizzle.

Exercise and diet is my flu shot.

#1049 1 year ago

Up on a Saturday morning working a side job to save up for Rick and Morty if ones available
Plan b is a second hand older solid quality stern, or a CgC Remake nib.

1 month later
#9504 11 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Holy shit this is looking so killer!!!! Time for this thread to cross 10K because the gameplay looks awesome and the video assets before the modes are perfect integration for the adventures. Bravo, Spooky!

This game makes Stern Stranger Things look like absolute garbage. Great job Spooky. Bravo

#9546 11 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

This game makes Stern Stranger Things look like absolute garbage. Great job Spooky. Bravo

Repost. It’s the truth.

#9615 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

To be fair again, I took one look at that stupid thing and walked away.

There’s upset people on the Stranger Things owners party thread about the criticism on pinside lmao.

#9659 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

They got their dream theme, didn't they? So what are they complaining about.

Basically complaining about anyone who criticizes Stranger Things by Stern. I guess your a troll if you don’t buy an LE and have negative things to say about the game. Drop to your knees and worship Stern or be cast into the lake of fire. I have owned 7 sterns and still own three but only older ones without the playfield issues.

#9669 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just read thru some of that thread. Wow! They aren't just complaining about that, but some have copped a super holier than thou attitute. They sound worse than the ones they are complaining about.
Glad I ordered Rick and Morty instead. This is a way funner crowd.

I wish I ordered one but it’s all good. Happy for those who did.

#9671 11 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

If you are swinging through Montana in 2021, you can flip mine!

Love Montana. Thanks.

#9700 11 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Pin looks great Spooky and Scott!
Note to other manufacturers out there. Spooky is on its way up and The Heat Is On.

Theme integration.

#9756 11 months ago
Quoted from flecom:

ya I saw that too... they had a really hard time hitting anything with that upper flipper

dude, have you read this thread? you want to talk about holier than thou... it's a bunch of "HERR DERP STERN SUCKS HERR HERRRR STRANGER THINGS IS A PIECE OF $H!%" circle jerk
so bring on the downvotes because nobody in either thread seems to be self-aware

Stern does suck. Quality is crap. Pros with nothing in them. Untested and incomplete. Coil stops that last 50 games.

And I love stern games. I’ve spent 45k on sterns over last few years. So I have the right to poop on them.

#9991 11 months ago

This is the happiest thread I think I ever seen. I feel renewed.

#10016 11 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Good to see your a real person O-din. That girl is plenty cute. Most of the guys in here probably don’t have much girl experience. They just try to ACT like they do. I mean have you been to a pinball show? A lot of sad dirty players there that don’t look like they could get laid with a fistful of hundreds. Keep being you man.....

Hahahaha. Thanks I really needed that. Long day.

#10047 11 months ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I just watched the SMB show on the Adult Swim web channel. Interesting and Revelatory to say the least. Lets just say that THEME is the ONLY reason the game will fetch 7k or 8k, depending on whatever optioned out version any customer will buy of this game. If this were a non licensed theme (ie America's Most Haunted), this game would NEVER sell 200 units, let alone 750 in 4 hours before a full reveal. I suppose this is old news, but actually seeing the game in action is today's topic, so.........
This game is cool because of theme and integration ONLY. Why? Ask yourself "What does this game have to offer on the playfield which is valuable, unique, or engaging and interactive to the player?"
1. a pop bumper sling shot: Cool idea, but far from original, novel, or significant value added to the game
2. Magna Save: again, a cool idea, but NOTHING new
3. Single Subway (garage to portal eject over left flipper): another cool idea, but NOT new
4. two ramps (plastic, if i remember correctly). the ramps do very little "traveling" or curving, so its kind of Gomez-like in the return to flipper.
5. three flippers (extra 45 bucks for the third flipper, if not less)
6. space ship toy (Kerins said that this was "off the shelf", meaning it was not new for this game, which makes it significantly cheaper than designing and manufacturing a new specific toy for this game only). The toy is on a SPRING (See SW)
7. Horseshoe lock mech. THIS is the thing which seems sort of novel, but certainly not a significant addition mechanically, aesthetically, or otherwise. I will say that the physical lock is pretty dang cool, and I'm glad they got it working well.
8. Scoop in the MIDDLE of the PF. another awkward position for a scoop, like TNA
Considering the foregoing, it is readily apparent that the playfield design is neither exciting, nor novel. There is nothing unique, unconventional, or otherwise ground braking about the design, ball path, or mechs in this game, to say nothing about the true value of any part of it or the sum of its parts. I am disappointed in the layout, and the lack of real mechs or interactive toys on this game. Scott Danesi came on this forum and explained that he wasn't worried about the lack of toys on the game because Modders would come out with stuff we could buy. I respect his honesty, but that does not excuse Spooky from being willfully cheap and refusing to implement creative and value adding mechanical devices to the game. Danesi went on to brag about having 16 opto switches in the game. WOWEEEEE!!! SWITCHES!!!!! that's what we all want more of to make our experience so much more enjoyable!!!! (sarcasm) Why not just include a bag of opto switches for us to play with when we cant be home to play our pinball games?
I really love this show, so i was hoping for more. I am bummed. I have heard it over and over that this playfield is conventional and uninspired, not to mention bereft of any real mechanical, interactive devices to affect gameplay and the ball path. I really wanted this to be Spooky's STEP UP in game design. It is not. It is, however, a fantastic theme integration that they have done. I can't wait to see the screen and hear the callouts. But, we all know, we can just buy seasons one through four to see the show and hear Rick's banter. we don't need to spend 8000 dollars to see the show and hear Rick scream at Morty.
I will hand it to spooky for getting this awesome license, but alas, perhaps the license was too expensive to allow them to really give the customers a robust playfield with more to do and engage.
I don't mean to be a thorn in this thread; i just wanted to share my true reaction. I think any buyer will be thrilled to have this game for their own reasons. My reasons for buying a pinball are at least 65-75% layout and design, which includes what I have discussed is missing in this game. The remainder is a hodge podge of art, theme, and sound. I hope the future owners of this game have a great experience from what the game has to offer. I just know that unless that Playfield gets an overhaul, I am not going to be owning one any time soon.
Best Regards,
The one and only BOSS HOG

Don’t ruin the happiest thread on pinside. Go do something productive.

#10125 11 months ago

10,100 posts. Amazing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toronto, ON
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside