20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2912 4 years ago

Is anyone else having issues logging in? Keep getting login error every time i try

#3084 4 years ago

I'm in at pinballstar

#3971 4 years ago

I hope they plan to use or offer some type of protector for the scoops because that middle one especially is gonna get eaten alive. Also does spooky offer playfield protectors?

#4345 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

To spooky they are sold out and every distributor except 1-2 is completely out as far as i know. One of which was deliberately holding people off until his repeat customers bought first. All 750 have been bought by a distributor or customer directly. I said from the beginning if you miss out go distributor hunting!!!!

I'm glad you addressed that. I was instantly waitlisted when contacting this distro a week+ ago and i just got an option to buy today from them 25 hours after the sale opened. Took my buisness to pinballstar instead. First time using him but i see why he is spoken so highly. He just earned himself a repeat customer

1 week later
#6168 4 years ago

Lets be real the only reason Joe offered people the chance to upgrade is because he gets a bigger kickback for every BS sold plain and simple. He isn't doing it out of the goodness of his heart. These games went on sale Monday the 16th and he says people can switch up to the 30th. So theoretically Standard owners got 2 weeks to decide if they wanted to switch. I don't think holding everyone up for people that knew way ahead of time the difference between the 2 and paid for a standard is right but hey the almighty dollar wins yet again. At this point i'm looking forward to the next post he writes saying there's another delay giving numbers out.
download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg

#6174 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Do you really need to know what your number is right now? The games aren’t even shipping and waiting another day or week won’t make a difference. Joe is going to get us the numbers when he has them. Not to mention he was dealing with a very serious personal issue.

If the numbers aren't such a big deal why has it been so difficult for people to get numbers in the first place? If numbers aren't a big deal then why did Spooky wait till after everyone bought their spots to tell us the first 100 were already taken. The numbers are a big deal and if you don't want yours then that's on you. I spoke on the issue of letting people switch and in the process holding everyone else up who knew what they wanted to purchase ahead of time. I understand about the support beams but if people think that's the only reason numbers continue to be delayed than people are dead wrong. If the spots were refundable i'm sure he'd move a lot quicker but they aren't so he doesn't have to move any faster than he wants to. Like i said I'm looking forward to the next response from him explaining why numbers are getting delayed once again

Quoted from titanpenguin:

you forget that in order to keep the build numbers consistent with BSE all being built first, Joe would have to move one of his builds to accommodate a standard, correct? That means switching lots of things around.

That's why i wrote "I don't think holding everyone up for people that knew way ahead of time the difference between the 2 and paid for a standard is right" Do you think he's switching people around and dealing with all this trouble for free. The answer is hell no and the reason is bigger kickback.

#6195 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Perhaps you may have some luck selling your spot to another person in this thread?

Cant sell a spot/number i or anyone who ordered from joe dont have.

Quoted from Pinballer67:

I disagree. Joe is as solid as they come, I have dealt with him many times -- in person. I am pretty sure his other businesses are the way he actually makes money. I don't get the impression there is a great deal of actual bottom-line profit in the pinball stuff.
The numbers are probably a cluster fuck of organization, it's the Christmas holidays and he probably has lots of family stuff like we all do...and he's had his balls busted by his emergency last week.

I never insulted him or his character. All i have said is he isn't giving people the opportunity to switch out of the goodness of his heart and that switching is one of the big reasons why people who ordered from him are sitting around twiddling their thumbs. You say "Cluster Fuck of Organization" How is first come first serve so difficult? Slot people in the order they purchased. Boom i just solved the issue. He could even filter on paypal and categorize it there. These numbers arent being given out fairly and people including myself are realizing that. If they were it wouldnt be so difficult for Joe to slot people.

Quoted from cmack750:

You must not have bought from Pinball Star because Joe already addressed this to his customers via email..... That he makes the same commission whether BSD or not.

I did. Got my receipt and everything. If he's sending information out to people who purchased from him well please tell him id like to know the same information as other paying customers.

#6201 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Hey that’s what I was referencing. Thanks for finding that post. Joe said the same thing when I talked to him although I didn’t end up buying from him. There’s your proof

I missed that post and updated my above reply. If im wrong im perfectly happy to say i was. But that still doesn't take away from some of the other points i made. I'm just someone with the guts to say what i know other people are thinking. I hope his and everyone's holidays were great

3koic7 (resized).jpg3koic7 (resized).jpg

#6219 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Joe sent that email, I believe, only to customers who purchased a Standard Edition, giving them the opportunity to switch to a BS Edition AND retain their spot in line (based on time purchased) within a limited amount of time since his site/PayPal links limited the number of BS Editions he sold (so he didn`t oversell and leave people out in the cold by selling more spots than he had). This essentially allowed his customers that didn't get a BS Edition due to the PayPal link constraints to still be able to get what they wanted.... With no extra commission to him. In the spirit of fairness, that seems pretty fair to me.
End of the day, I stuck with my standard edition because that's what I wanted and was well aware of the wait. But I hope you end up with a low number, man. At least then, I won't have to hear you talk about it any more once he sends them out.

3kor0k (resized).jpg3kor0k (resized).jpg
#6238 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

If you cannot wait 2 weeks for everything to settle down and get sorted out so you can get some random number that will mean absolutely nothing, then how are you going to handle a potential 17 month wait if you are at the back end of the BSE production line?

By buying another game while i wait. If tmnt is indeed next I'll be in on a le. Theres a lot of good titles coming out this year. Wouldnt be surprised by April if a lot of people jump ship

#6262 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Didn't you also say this only in the last 2 months?

I did but a lot of people in my area who have received NIB recently and the issue seems to be resolved. If tmnt comes out and they are still having qc issues. I'll buy something else no big deal.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m far from a fortune teller but based on your so friendly support of Joe I would Estimate your game number at 745-748. Could be a few off but with your kind distributor support I would bet I’m close. Lol

I've never insulted Joe nor have i said he was a bad distributor. I like Joe and I bought from him because i wanted to support him and I'll buy from him in the future if our paths align. My critique has been about the switching of spots causing a logjam and that spot numbers arent going to be given out fairly which we know they aren't. The other points were addressed

From the minute Rick and Morty was revealed Spooky and Distros stressed "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE".
Do you think it's fair that Spooky had everyone fighting over spots that weren't even available at launch?
Do you think it's fair that if someone willingly bought a standard then switched to a BSE(before Deadline)they would jump in front of everyone who ordered behind them even though they bought a bse?
Do you think it's fair that another Distro(I wont name names)sold spots to returning customers and made new and first time customers wait an entire day before they could get thier chance to buy. A point that even SpookyLuke talked about.

Do any of the above scenarios truly scream "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE"? So please spare me the notion of Everyone had a fair and equal shot at all 750 machines

#6282 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I am reading through this and wondering how (if) I should even react to you statements. Are you implying that I did something wrong by allowing the customer that have helped grow my business have first access to the new game? Are you aware that this has been Spooky's model for every game after amh up until now? The only reason it was changed here was because they (spooky) had more previous customers than buildable games. For them, this was the only fair way. I suspect this is also why pinball star did it the way they did. Will I someday have to turn to the same sale style? Hopefully, but in the mean time i am still small enough to not have the volume of customers that the others do.
As for luke "even talked about it," so what? My customers EARNED the privilege of having first pick at the new game. If luck or Charlie or anyone at spooky has an issue with the way I run my business they will let me know. Fyi, I am also one of spooky's tech support people that answers emails on Christmas eve, after 10pm and even offers facetime to help walk through problems. If I was doing ANYTHING wrong would they let me help them?
Not that I need to explain this, but even after ALL of my previous customers confirmed they wanted a game, new customers started getting games in the mid 200's.
I'm sorry that you are frustrated by the lack of communication from your distributor, but that doesnt mean you should come here and try to attack spooky or myself for doing business they way we feel appropriate for our customers. On the next game you want, find a distributor that will work the way you want things done. That's the nice thing about pinball. The products are all the same no matter who you get them from, so it comes down to who you makes you feel like a priority and not a paycheck.
I believe you even reached out to me about getting a game. Had you stuck with that you would have a number (and even possibly earlier that what you will end up with). I truly do feel bad for you guys that are waiting, but I have done nothing wrong.

I'm not attacking anyone nor have i called people out. I didn't even name the distributor that did that nor did Spooky. I have never once mentioned Kingpin games good or bad. From the few times i spoke to you. Very polite a great help and Extremely fast response times. So impressed that i recommended a few people to order from you. All i have done is make a point and ask a few questions.

Please explain to me how I'm attacking Spooky when all I have said was they allocated orders of 100+ before orders were set to go live. That's not an attack that's fact and its been confirmed.
But I'll ask the question again since the answer you gave had nothing to do with my original question.

If the premise of getting a Rick and Morty was based on "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE". Does Holding spots and making newcomers wait a day after repeat customers equal "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE"?. It's a yes or no question. You didn't need to write a whole paragraph explaining your whole operation

Once again I have never spoken your name,insulted or called you out so if you feel attacked your on a island by yourself. I respect your business I wish you nothing but all the success in the world. If you want to have a conversation or speak further you have my contact information

Ps. I'm not frustrated with Joe. Guy works hard and i respect that.

#6618 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

The real capitalism kicks in when folks start eBaying the early NIB’s as they get them. Better to pay $1000-1500 over for a spot or 3k+ over for an available NIB? Or should they wait for the used market years from now?
I’m kinda kicking myself for not getting a standard also. Potentially those that bought both could flip the BS to pay for the standard. There’s no telling what these will go for atm.

Christhepintern just sold spot 111 for only 1k more. If a spot that low only garnered 1k more im failing to see how people are going to flip these for huge profits. The less information we know the less people are going to bail which is why we've gotten barely little video footage and code information. Right now every one has rose colored glasses on but reality is once that game starts being flipped people are going to bail. There's also a huge amount of titles coming this year and they are themes everyone wants. When those get announced people will start having buyers remorse.

I had spot 517 but i didn't want to wait that long so i was able to sell my spot and get my money back. These spot numbers are about to start turning into anchors soon and the wait is going to be a lot longer than people are anticipating

1 month later
#9411 4 years ago

JJP is doing this with WOZ and Stern did it with Munsters Premium and batman 66 super LE just to name some examples. I'm not saying Spooky would do this and I believe them but its not difficult to see why people believe it might happen.

#9650 4 years ago

How many spots you think will go up for sale between now and lets say August? Game looks great but there's still a long wait for most people

#9661 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was going to say "92."
Seriously what's the point of a question like that

The same kind of question like "How many do you think are going to stop buying nib with all the QC issues? or How many people you think canceled thier STH order when they saw the stream"

There's a bevy of new games coming very soon and there's a long wait. I think a good amount of spots are going to open up probably more towards the back though

#10479 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

If true, that's the most disappointing thing I've heard since this game was announced.

I believe this was the Ad for that game. It's GAP so what do you expect. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/90840

The price gouging and flipping begins. Anyone think it'll sell at it's current 4k markup?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91776

#10484 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I’m sure people with money to burn will pay whatever if they want it.

I'd pay up to a 1k markup for a early spot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,500.00
$ 300.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.