New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 256899)

Rick & Morty Pinball from Spooky!

By MEuRaH

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12,225 posts
  • 775 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by MightyGrave
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg
86F056A7-1E21-4BD4-808F-D45B7187B4E7 (resized).jpeg
5E6BE29B-3FF1-4605-B1DC-AEB8F2DEDD79 (resized).jpeg
5144B608-71B9-4E23-88DE-827D25196119 (resized).jpeg
F354F545-7F0F-4745-BFC2-D7F2B54888E1 (resized).jpeg
254F9FAA-E23F-4982-BA39-C5C00FD6DF0E (resized).jpeg
CA484115-F782-4762-A0B8-9E6518EC27A0 (resized).jpeg
C2E297EB-334A-41B8-B080-38EF0A1E314E (resized).jpeg
FE3A164D-037F-4AE0-BFCA-87EC4C289195 (resized).jpeg
FF6BC0D2-EF05-426A-A34F-479FC011E190 (resized).jpeg
09B37974-E19D-4997-B4A9-6D8FA28E29A6 (resized).jpeg
74AA2FAE-392C-4432-BCA3-695A2FBD97B5 (resized).jpeg
96700C97-8906-4F9A-9B9C-7135080B2D32 (resized).jpeg
7AFA7B68-BB6D-4D80-855E-2B9D8B20678D (resized).jpeg
30FB9493-A13A-4DDA-89B2-3A48E05C2CF2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (10 months ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (10 months ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (10 months ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (10 months ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (10 months ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1046 10 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Did you say you never watched CSI either? How about X-Files? I ask as I haven't watched either of those or 24. I am starting to feel a bit deflated that I haven't... I can only wonder what I have been missing all of these years.

Not a damn thing

#1050 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Just because you are not familiar with it won’t necessarily mean you won’t like it.
When the LOTR game came out, I had never read the books or watched the movies. The game totally grabbed me, it remains one of my favorites.

Exactly. I got hooked playing TWD in a bar to the point I had to buy one and at that point had never seen a single episode.

#1070 10 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Different here. I have TWD despite watching the show, hahaha. Seriously though, it got awful right after they introduced Negan. At least TWD pinball machine covers the best years of the show if one wants to watch it.

100% agree. For me it will be the first six seasons only... that was enough.

1 week later
#3472 10 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I don't know if I have seen Stranger Things happen in the pinball world in one morning or not.

Guys like you made me finally fall for the hype. If I don't like it I am holding YOU personally responsible

My wallet says "gee thanks B!"

#3525 10 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I have bought NIB before, but never 'blind' like this. In Rick and Morty, Scott, and Spooky I trust!

I was with my kids over the weekend and just checked the thread a little while ago and said "oh shit... it's today?".

I got the BS but you'll get yours long before I get mine. Unless my name carries considerable clout over there

#3556 10 months ago
Quoted from algorhythms:

Found that out by accident!

When I called Kayte to let them know I double-ordered, you could definitely hear the excitement in the air. Congrats, Spooky

Yeah they were..... busy to say the least. She seemed quite amused by all the ruckus.

#4656 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hmm.
I'm not sure if I get Rick and Morty.

Looks like my kid was right... "today's humor is all POOP jokes"

#4659 10 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Agreed. I certainly didn't intend for an argument to develop from simply suggesting a feature that I wouldn't mind seeing in this game.

Are you referring to where RAZA's main ramp hits a diverter at the top and can send the ball in either direction? He also has the same gimmick in TOM and TOTAN. Not sure what that has to do with a "portal". I'm confused

#4665 10 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I thought I'd read or heard something about a daredevil style ramp. Where there's a gap it can fly over, and then land on the other side. I thought that was on the front part of the right ramp, before that other stuff.
My suggestion was something akin to that, with a physical portal between the two sides of a ramp. Thee ball then flying through, and landing on the other side of the ramp. And of course seeing an animation of that occurring too. Sumthin' like that anyway.

Yeah the "daredevil ramp" seemed to be one part of that game that was universally panned. People said the ball cluncked up and inch or so, hit a plastic and was then dumped on the middle PF. Apparently not too satisfying.

Not saying the concept couldn't be done better though...

#5344 10 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

To be fair, Spooky also said they were starting to build 10 a week after xmas which definitely was an implication that games would start shipping to customers then. It seems like that isn't the case and that I think is what stands out to me. We all knew we would be waiting some amount of time at 10 per week but the implication was if you joined the fang club you'd have the opportunity to get in first when really it seems like first is many games down the line from the first week of production.
Also, it was very clearly stated that the only people who would have access to the early sale were fang club members but then it was later announced that if you called a distributor you could just join the club later. That seems a bit disingenuous.

Yeah and I must have missed the part where they said in advance that the first 100 were already spoken for and that the NEXT 50 would go to dealers. Probably my fault so no worries.

Heck I barely remembered it was that morning so I knew with my late response I'd be pretty far back in line. If only more people would have gone for the standard...

1 week later
#6293 9 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You wear the same pair of socks for a whole week?

lol That's what I was wondering....

#7014 9 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Done by Brad Albright, who did the art for my Led Zeppelin pinball.
Everyone go buy some art from him!
https://www.albrightillustration.com/
rd

Good stuff!

1 week later
#7566 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Who's going to be the first to post
" I saw 50 new posts and thought there was going to be some news but it's all talk about flooblecrank , when are they going to show some game play. "

Yup. Somehow you guys are making regular pinball nerds look super-cool.

#7895 9 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Stand by for an announcement from Spooky re this ....
rd

That would be good news. I don't always like painted coin doors but this would tie it all together. Lotta good news lately!

#8344 9 months ago

Hey isn't #440 the same one that "sold" for 3k on ePay?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/90576

#8351 9 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

The seller on eBay and the person who listed the R&M here on pinside is basically located on the same city (Dublin/Colombus).
I'm guessing that he tried to sell on ebay, the buyer didn't pay for it for some reason, and now the guy is trying to re-sell it here because of the fees and pain in the rear for selling it on ebay. He's asking for the same price that it sold for on ebay since that's the "market value".
Just a guess.

Actually he was asking 5k a couple hours ago. After my comment he's dropped it to 3K. I saved somebody 2K! My good deed for the day.

#8429 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The machine is designed to be horizontal and will be all shook up with a shaker motor , can't see how that's a worse way to transport it over standing it up on one end . Machines are shipped up right to save space and so you can't stack one on top of another .

It's safe to transport them horizontally as long as you pick the ONE correct side out of the four

#8586 9 months ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Last time in saw Charlie I noted he has a full right arm and hand. He very well could have punched me in the face. I was close enough. I think I’m mad for the potential of something that could have happened. Not something easily replaceable by the good folks at spooky.
Thanks for not punching me in the face.

But are you really *that* irritating?

#8961 8 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You pay thousands of dollars for a complex machine and a physical manual should be considered bonus . What a load of crap .

If they eventually have a PDF manual we can DL I'll be happy. Purists can print it and the fact that it's searchable on your laptop or iPad is a plus.

#9086 8 months ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Ready for the game room wall....[quoted image]

Nice choice for a frame. Rustic look goes well with the poster.

#9092 8 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Mine is 458...is there something I should know?

Yer doomed! That's all...

1 week later
#10501 8 months ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

Got a BS edition in the low 200's through a distributor for $8,500.00. With shipping and tax I think it came out to around $9,400.00. Not the easiest pill to swallow, but with the low number and I game I really want, I'm okay with it.

Quoted from rmarmol1:

Were there any add-on’s?
Or did you pay 8500 just for the BS edition pin?

He probably got that one from GAP that was a 1k premium to get that #. So that added a thousand bucks to his total. Can't say I blame him. If you don't buy that many machines and are hyped about this one... go for it.

Most dists have been super honest about this and didn't try to add a markup for a lower #. That was the exception but there's probably a story behind it.

#10507 8 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

GAP isn't a Spooky Distributor. He just bought some games to resell. That's why he can get away with asking more than MSRP.

Makes sense.

#10763 8 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

given that jack is now (apparently) a stern employee, I wonder if they'll see the stream as conflict of interest?

Let's hope he doesn't deliberately play it poorly

#10935 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddict78:

You must be watching a different game than me. Here goes the glass again. You stern crappers need to take a look at what you are touting as the best 8,500 spent on a pinball in history. Put a different name to this game and you would not have any interest.

Yeah one switch that is set a little too high is a catastrophe! Hope I can adjust the height of a switch

#10937 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddict78:

You guys have been pissing for weeks. Just because you bought this game does not make it the cheapest and best game of all time. Alice Cooper has so many issues the only one I played on location was pulled in a month because they were tired of pulling the glass of from stuckys.

You must be a hoot at parties...

#11140 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's why i like the dude, should be a good reminder to all of us.

Yet you seldom fail to call his work "brick". Talk peace and love between pinballers then namecall

You can do better dude!

#11275 8 months ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I kind of wish JJP would have kept on running POTC myself. I'm not pissy about not having one, and if I want one now, I can pay a premium and get one. Same will apply with Rick and Morty as time goes on.
I wouldn't want Stern to make one that far in the future though. Here's what you'll see by then ...
The base price of a Stern Pro will be about $8K with these features :
1. 5 leaf switch targets!
2. 2 leaf switches for the flipper buttons!
3. 14 LEDs to light the playfield!
4. 2 genuine steel pinballs!
5. Stern "indestructible" flipper assemblies with coil stops guaranteed to last at least 1 game! (not guaranteed to last through 1, 4 player game)
6. Soundtrack from the popular TV show (no mention of which TV show)
7. Plunger
8. Stern "Nu-armor" (made from saran wrap; aka cling wrap)
9. Amazing new playfield reverse printed on plexiglass!
10. 4 color display!
11. Just enough software to make the game do *something*!!!
The Premium version will add these features for an additional $2.5K :
1. 1 spinner!
2. 4 additional LEDs to light the playfield!
3. THREE genuine pinballs!
4. "Nu-Armor" colored with a purple magic marker.
5. Ball guides!
6. Genuine plastic flipper buttons!
7. Genuine plastic faces for the leaf switches!
8. All other features of the Pro!
The LE (limited to 750 in honor of the run Spooky did) will have all of the features of the above + powder coated armor! (armor now made with cardboard and a dash of baby powder to give it texture) for $3.729K beyond the price of the Premium
Here's the great part though!!!! Stern will offer a new upgrade each month so that you can unlock all features of your machine! Planned upgrades are :
0. A kit that will enable flippers for $99.95
1. A kit that will enable insert lighting for $274.99.
2. A kit that will enable 16M color mode on the display for $274.99.
3. A kit that will give your game 1 ramp for $389.99.
4. A kit that will give your game an additional spinner for $389.99.
5. A kit that will give your game the ability to display a translite for $897.99 (does not include a translite; those are an additional $643.99)
6. A kit that will unlock mode 1 for $89.95.
7. A kit that will unlock mode 2 for $99.95.
8. A kit that will unlock modes 3-5 for $109.99 each.
9. A kit that will unlock a wizard mode for $299.95.
10. A topper made of tissue paper, fan, and node board for $599.95.
(Not all upgrades are guaranteed to be released ... they depend on game sales ... if the game doesn't sell well, then, well, shut up and just enjoy what we gave you for $8K+!!!)

Shouldn't you post this anti-Stern screed in any other thread *besides* R&M??? I don't get it.

EDIT: didn't realize this was a reply to someone else's unrealistic demand. It's fair game then.

#11277 8 months ago

Ahh... self-censored.

#11279 8 months ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Hey, the poster claimed that they wanted to wait for Stern to make Rick and Morty after Season 9 ... I was just telling them what they can expect from Stern around that time. I agree its childish and silly FWIW, but it also has an element of truth to it.

I see... I didn't catch the context of your post. There's just been SO MUCH negative trolling towards people that bought STH (as an example) that I assumed this was just more of it. Notice then that somebody gleefully piled on right after you.

It's just after playing R&M with some people that were (gasp!) nice reasonable guys coming back here to see all the trolling and backbiting is... kinda depressing. So different from the way people are IRL. I know... "no sh*t sherlock"

#11318 8 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Oddly specific lol

Pretty good burn... he's obviously had kids at some point

#11344 8 months ago

Here's a question... I noticed Spooky's flipper coils look like WMS blue dual-wound coils with the three lugs. Can anyone confirm that these are indeed dual wound, no buzz BLY/WMS -style coils?

Thx

#11347 8 months ago
Quoted from Borygard:

R&M is using two lug, single wound coils.
Games before R&M used three lug, dual wound coils, but only used the power winding. The hold winding was not used. Hold is done by PWM, just like most other manufacturer's today.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Ahhh well... thanks. Maybe I was thinking of JJP or CGC that still uses the dual wound coils.

#11348 8 months ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Just hoping to clear up some misconceptions in this thread... [quoted image]

But that's 2010. Maybe they've had a 5x population explosion since then

#11356 8 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can you please elaborate?

The inner loop is a tight shot. When you hit it well it zips through it as planned. But the entrance is a little more narrow that a lot of side loops and if it rattles around at that point the spinner sure won't help it make it through the loop. I suspect a little tweaking of the entrance and making sure the spinner is balanced (maybe a touch of dry lube) will make this shot a little more forgiving. The right ramp can be backhanded then right to the scoop so that feels good. Left ramp also flows well if you nail it and is quite satisfying. Scoop never shot the ball STDM which was great.

The leftmost shot to the garage is tough but so is TSPP treehouse shot... thankfully you have the right loop to also get to the garage but it has to have some "oomph" or is will return via the inner loop.

I think it's a perfect home game but maybe a little tough for casuals on location. Kicked my ass pretty good but I loved the shots and the challenge. Feels good when you get something going.

Can't wait!

2 weeks later
#11573 7 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Really nice and thorough writeups! And thanks guys for taking and posting such detailed photos!
Did you find that most of the shots had about the same degree of distance? Doesn't feel like there's one or two gimme shots. They all feel narrow by a quarter of an inch, and the ramps themselves don't seem to open up much at the entrance either.
It's like Scott designed this game, as stated, to be brutal, not just challenging, and without a couple smoother shots, it feels at times punishing more than pleasurable.

I found the ramps to be some of the easier shots in the game. Heck you can reliably backhand the right ramp!

#11583 7 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why is this even possible?
[quoted image]

Because they used plastic down there to guard the PF from the metal tabs. First time I've seen that done and may be overkill but shows the thought they have put into protecting the PF. Maybe the apron can be moved forward by adding washers to the screws on the back that attach to the hangars? (If that is how they are done in this case).

#11594 7 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Even without the plastic plate the tabs are so huge I bet it would block the ball. I wasn't taking it all apart to find out... but no idea why they let this go as it is. Just begging for hangups.

Yeah I get it. I've had a game where the metal tabs protruded enough that I didn't want them potentially scarring up the ball as it went by so I managed to move the apron forward a small amount by putting washers between the PF hangers and where the apron was secured in the back.

Just wondered if you could do the same thing here to get at least one ball hangup off your back.

#11595 7 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Due to unseen financial issues I will be selling my spot number 148.
If anyone is interested send me a pm with a price.

"aand heeeere we go!"... wonder how many private auctions like these we'll be seeing?

#11661 7 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

2 Hours with his friend and his wife...
that sometimes is an hour to an hour and a half...
then almost 2 hours...
I think he might have flipped for about 40 minutes to an hour, max.

Damn - well if that paragon of reporting and skilled pinball playing Kanada didn't love it I better sell my spot RIGHT NOW!

#11667 7 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

oh, sweet! can you please tell that to my wife, who's annoyed that i was there for over 2 hours?!
"honey, i've got proof! it's from a stranger on the internet who wasn't there, but knows everything!"

Well hopefully he DID let his wife and friend play a tiny bit out of that time also... I think that was his point.

#11674 7 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I see you knowledge of music is deep. Leslie West was a monster on an LP Jr.

Shame what happened to Felix though... what a way to go.

#11698 7 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I appreciate the clarification and notes. Mine won't be here for a while yet, but I have been pretty ravenous in catching any and all input from others that I can find on it (what else to do while you wait?).
From Scott's earliest descriptions of those upper flipper shots I have been assuming they are every bit as awkwardly placed as he decribes. And this is somethiing I personally love in a machine, shots that don't fall where you want them to and have pretty dire consequences when they disappear on you.
I like combos to flow, but not entire games if that makes sense.

I think you'll be happy then. It's been here at Lyman's in DC for 2 or three weeks and while the upper loop is no "gimme" shot it's quite doable and rewarding if you can do a couple multiple loops (best I could do). You can do a backhand combo to the right ramp... then to the left ramp... then to the loop and then *maybe* to the garage. lol For me none of that was a given except maybe right ramp to left ramp

I did get to watch players better than myself finishing modes and generally kicking my ass. I was glad to see that as it proved my low scores were MY fault and not the machine. For a home game it seems just right - for casuals on location it may be a little too unforgiving. Maybe.

If anybody states the upper loop shot has only a 10% completion rate that would indeed be bullshit. I don't think they had tried to open the lane by loosening the PF screws and re-positioning also. A 10% rate would also contradict all the people that have played the machine in the last few weeks and have enjoyed it. Still I'm hoping Kanada can scare some early people into dumping or bailing on their spots so we all can move up the list. Do it K-man!

I can't listen to *any* noisy, deliberately opinionated shows on *anything* so I'll have to let you guys tell me if he can kick up a good scare

3 months later
#12110 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Unfortunately, it looks like the No Fear disc in now out of stock. Sorry, I have no solution for that. But it works so good.

Hmm. Maybe you should share this in the club thread if the problem is related to the actuator reed switch instead of EOS complications, etc??

Good job Macgyver

#12114 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

You might be surprised how fast Mr. No Trash took notice of my MacGuyverism.

I'm glad he did. I have a NF also and know the modification done on that machine but no R&M yet for comparison But I may have a spare disk here as well.

BTW how did you get your machine so damn quick? I thought you got up late that Saturday (like me) and barely got your order in.

Yet I'm stuck at the low 300's... I cry foul!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 38.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 22.00
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside