20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10594 4 years ago

Hello. Spooky is super cool to offer to customers this option. My price is the usual 575 plus shipping to spooky.
If you are not familiar with my process it does take a lot of time, about 12 weeks. I focus on building up a finish that will not wear and dimple like a production finish, and the only way to achieve that is time and elbo grease. It goes like this. I sand the pf including all of the edges of all of the holes and cut outs, I apply 2 coats, allow 15 days to cure, sand everything, including hand sanding all of the edges again... and repeat. after I build 8-10 coats, I allow cure time, and I sand the whole pf level and then up to block sanding by hand to 3000 grit. Then I polish out the surface for usually 5-8 hours. Then I go thru and clean the compound out of all of the cut outs and holes. Before this point, I have sanded and masked and applied 2 coats of poly to the back side to seal moisture and dirt. The high polish will magnify any flaw, and if they or it bothers me, I have to sand it down and do it all again. this happens occasionally.

The way this has been handled so far is people contact spooky and make sure its cool with them. contact me and tell me, and spooky will send me a pf. when it is done, I will contact you to pay me, and then I will ship to spooky. So this makes things real complicated for them, so definitely be cool to them or they will just say no more, and that will suck for everyone. My process takes a long time and it does hold up their production, so it is VERY cool of them to allow this. I would like to think it brings in a couple customers who otherwise wouldn't ,but that may just be ego.

I hope this clears things up.
you can contact me thru pinside or
its better if you go thru [email protected]

As always I would like to thank everyone who makes my job possible, cheers

#10597 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

It is hard to remedy these types of things. 95% of spooky playfields that ever leave this door have been some of the highest industry quality. At the end of the day not 1 single playfield manufacturer on the planet can provide a board that doesn't have issues at one time or another. If we could buy a perfect playfield we would but a place to purchase from does not exist. Cold hard truth. It does not make me or anyone else happy to have an issue so i totally understand. We replaced the faulty part to you and i understand that a days work would be invloved to fix it but we cannot do much more. If pinball manufacturers replaced the whole game every time a playfield issue arose not ONE single place would be in business today. All we can do is try to improve going forward and im telling you RM is the best we have done yet. That is all i can do man i do not know what else to say or do.

I just found this thread, I usually just stay on my pf thread, but this reply is BY FAR the best reply to a problem from a pin or pf manufacturer!! Usually its really defensive and they say its better than what you have in your game now, or they are made for a heavy steel ball to bounce around on. I am not saying that you are not bummed or anything. I am only saying that I am happy to see someone owning something, saying they can just do their best, to try to make it right.

2 months later
#11915 4 years ago

I normally space the coats of my clear over a 12 week period, but I have been really focused on work to keep my mind off everything else. This one got done a little early, at 10 weeks and the other 2 are waiting for the wet sand, polish and wax.
I want to again thank spooky for letting me do a couple before install

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11916 4 years ago

couple more

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11918 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Gorgeous work!

Thank you, I really appreciate that. First laugh of the day is when I saw your pinside name. I laugh every time I see that

6 months later
#12227 3 years ago

I just finished another RnM pf that I wanted to show off before I shipped back to spooky. The 10 thin coats get staggered over 13-15 weeks for them to fully cure, before sanding and reclearing. This is one of the ways I make a harder surface.
You can prob tell I block sand by hand, from 600-3000 grit after the last coats and polish, clean my compound out of all of the holes, and seal the back with a couple coats of poly.
Its important to make sure the clear doesn't hang over the ball holes, after a couple 6 coats or so I file the edges around the holes in between coats.
I really dig it that spooky works with me on this. I wish I could do some jersey jack stuff, but its going to take more people to bug him to get him on board. Hint hint.
cheers. kruz

IMG_1174 (resized).JPGIMG_1174 (resized).JPGIMG_1175 (resized).JPGIMG_1175 (resized).JPGIMG_1176 (resized).JPGIMG_1176 (resized).JPGIMG_1178 (resized).JPGIMG_1178 (resized).JPGIMG_1180 (resized).JPGIMG_1180 (resized).JPGIMG_1181 (resized).JPGIMG_1181 (resized).JPG
#12231 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

At least an arm’s worth but less than a kidney.

Thats rich. Love it!.
My process is 10 thin coats over about a 13 week period. its about 34 man hours of basically sanding and polishing, along with handling some really toxic materials. The cost is 650. I also seal the back with a gloss poly.
If you have any questions my email is [email protected] and my website is pinballplayfieldskruzman.com
You can pay with kidneys, right arms or pfs (and of course cash)
thank you for the support pinside!

#12232 3 years ago

Also I keep a thread on pfs going here on pinside. here is the link
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/13#post-5967245

its open to anything about pfs.

1 week later
#12235 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I got mine... 1 year to date after the announcement! Totally worth the wait!
Will bring it to the York or Allentown pinball show if it goes. Loving it!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I really dig the cab art!! who are the signatures on the back? the builders or designers? please forgive my ignorance.
I need a wealthy woman to spoil me and get me one of these! I dont know what they sell for but I imagine over 6-7 grand?
Enjoy your game, it looks like a blast, and right next to another amazing si fi franchise/ game

#12237 3 years ago

Ok that shows how long its been since I got a new game. I bought a new metallica,and since it cost more than my car and truck combined, I think my brain has blocked out how much new games are. Or anything for that matter. I went to the dealership to look at new trucks and the first I looked at was 69 grand! Its way beyond my pay grade

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=kruzman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.