20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 4 years ago

Exciting!

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I called yesterday afternoon, about 200 members in the club. Im sure that bumped up a bit.

Total or new? So essentially there are only 200 members? If so that should pretty much guarantee a RaM pin to any Fang Club members that want them.

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Evidence of the themes popularity is the plethora of pinsiders now updating their avatar to RaM!
Seems we have to go back to Alien to find group behaviour anything close to this, for a theme....

Ah yes, the Alien days.

#1146 4 years ago

My take is that the BS edition is limited to the Fang Club preference. Theoretically, if there are 750 people in the Fang Club, and all of them buy a RaM pin, and all of them opt for the Blood Sucker Edition, then all RaM pins would be Blood Suckers.

#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

For those of you who don't listen to our podcast, let's step back and explain some of this like we did on the show a few months ago.
Spooky has the "take care of those who take care of us" attitude and always offered game sales to previous customers first. When TnA took off and with ACNC right behind it being our #1 and #2 best sellers EVER, our customer base went from about 500 to OVER 1,200.
When you can basically make 500 games a year, that becomes a problem. Good problem, but still a problem.
So, we came up with the Fang Club for those who support us to have a way to be more of a part of all this. Help grow our company, get some cool stuff for your $45 including shipping membership, do special events, cool merch, get some great exclusive video content for you, AND HAVE FUN! Bang for the buck... and FUN!!! Good right?
And yes of course, you can add cool upgrades to games... NOT LEs... Not "standard vs pro vs collectors vs ..." ... whatever. We don't want to do that. Every game you get from us will play exactly the same. If you want to jazz it up some cosmetically, GREAT! We appreciate the support and are happy to do that. (Wait until you see this dimension in BUTTER!!!)
The Blood Sucker, or BS edition (funny initials huh?... kinda like TnA! These things might be on purpose.) is simply a cool upgrade package that we feel is going to give one hell of a bang for your buck and look incredible! Can't wait for you all to see it, and I can't say more yet.
So IF we get to 750 Fang Club members and 750 decide to take the BS edition... there will be 750 BS editions. GREAT! 750 happy people! If 100 BS versions exist and 650 are "just" Rick and Morty games... GREAT! You'll love playing that too. Scott Danesi is an awesome designer and you'll all be happy with what we've done here at team Spooky!
So is it possible we sell more Fang Club memberships than we have games? Sure! Hope it happens... come on in and lets see where this little company starting it's 7th year in business goes! We'll all share the ride and use the money to improve quality even more here and HAVE FUN DOING IT.
Reality is you HAVEN'T SEEN THE GAME YET! Many of you will love it... some of you will walk away... AND THAT'S FINE! It happens on every new game. We really hope 750 of you find this exactly what you hoped it would be from a Scott Danesi / Rick and Morty Pinball machine and it exceeds your expectations in every way. We've done our best to make sure it does!
Spooky's business model is 500 games a year... we're committing 18 months to make these 750 games because we feel that's about the limit of buyers patience to wait should this be a sell out. There's some honest reality.
We're happy, we're healthy, we're glad we have a game coming very soon that excites so many people. 750 units is 250 more than we've ever sold of any title. Big jump up, thrilled at the prospect of that happening.
PEACE (among worlds) LOVE AND ALL THINGS PINBALL... Charlie

Great philosophy. This is the type of business I'd like to support with my money.

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Spooky pinball is a business, that would have to make a profit on every machine sold. Why don't they expand their capacity as Rick and Morty done well could easily sell more than 750 units. World wide into the thousands
This is a license that will appeal to non pin heads.
Spooky will regret this low number in the future.

It’s about sustainability. Not a quick buck.

#1289 4 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Found a cheap topper with lightning via USB. It‘s like 40 bucks over here in Europe dunno maybe cheaper in the US.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s right... It’s rush with the crappy toy phase.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Pay 1k and the game is Yours and gets built. Not refundable, but if you change your mind you can pass that deposit/order to someone else.
Once Your game is in a box, pay the ballance. Your game is then shipped.
It works.

Is it easier/just as easy to transfer your game to someone else if you buy from Spooky vs a Distributor?

#1453 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Does anyone know when the pin is suppose to be shown?

Is it supposed to be the 19th?

#1501 4 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

34k views doesn't mean that many purchases though.

Oh really?

#1853 4 years ago

I’d be curious to see which percentage of those interested in the Rick and Morty pin:

-Watched the show prior to the announcement
-Just started watching the show, since the announcement
-Didn’t watch the show, and have no plans to

#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

If you're really curious start a poll.

Seems like a pointless topic, maybe for this thread?

#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I didn't even know there was a movie Shadow when I first played the game. That's what it was like. Can't say I had never heard of Star Wars or Willy Wonka when those games came out.

I hadn’t watched the Shadow movie, but I did listen to the radio show prior!

#1869 4 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

I like dumb shows, aquateen hunger force, stuff like that.... But I watched a few of the first R&Ms and can’t get into it..

Hmmm, Rick and Morty isn’t a dumb show, perhaps that’s why

#2375 4 years ago

This would be my first Spooky pin, How is the quality of the Spooky pins?

Are they reliable, the TNA at Sunshine Laundromat often seems to be out of commission quite often, whereas all of the other (Bally, Williams, Stern) pins pretty much are always operational and in great shape.

#2451 4 years ago

I wonder if there will be a vertical portal similar to something like the Ring in Lord of the Rings.

#2464 4 years ago

This does indeed look fun...

#2470 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I thought there were two switches (inlane / outlane?) to the left of the pop bumper in the under playfield shot, or maybe I misremembered. Seems a bit different from Andromeda.

Closest, not exact.

#2828 4 years ago

This or Hot Wheels?

#2856 4 years ago

Rick and Morty is funny. Self edited for spoilers.

#2873 4 years ago

One of the posts hits the captive ball.

#2875 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Now if they can just add a half ramp bonus.

Isn't this a Deeproot feature?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please have lots of callouts and sound effects to help the player with different dimensions. Sounds great!

And the different color lighting effects with the LED's. I could see some innovative idea coming to live with the different dimension rules.

#2921 4 years ago

This game will be a flow monster.

Right ramp > left ramp > upper right flipper to outer left orbit > inner right orbit to upper right flipper to inner left orbit > throw in some horseshoe loops and some outer right orbits to mix things up!

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Does a 180 back to the upper flipper

Feeds the upper right flipper kind of like Jurassic park, but without the ramp.

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Order 1804.
Got a shirt this morning at 7AM and it was order 1767.

You and I think alike, I got a tshirt, order 1766!

#3995 4 years ago

In this morning with an early 1818 BSE!

#4535 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Cosmetically you can do whatever, but based on what's on this version of the playfield the spinner charges up the "portal" which is used to change dimensions with a shot to the garage. Based on the video from Charlie you can change dimensions even when you are in a mode, so to me the garage is the portal. The center shot is the ship which seems to be used to start the adventure modes. Either way, a portal mod would likely need to tap into the top light on the "Charge Level" or the green piece on the toy portal gun -- voiding your warranty.
PS: I hope they can get creative with the scoring for the dimensions, so there isn't a cookie cutter way to play the game.
[quoted image]

SpookyCharlie and his team interact and listen with fans, there may be opportunities to continuously add dimensions with fun and creative rules. So many permutations with lighting (colors, brightness, movement, flashing), scoring (multipliers/dividers), unique playfield elements (loop or main bumper), combo opportunities.

-Imagine a water world where all lights pulsates blue and cyan and you have to stay alive by hitting switch within 10 seconds to breath while the center top counter counts down your oxygen.... All the while trying to charge the spinner to activate the portal so you can escape to the next dimension.

-Or screaming sun dimension where the playfield is completely dark for one minute, and gradually illuminates the playfield yellow from left to right for another minute while the sun rises and sets over 2-minute days.

-Or a heavy gravity dimension where flipper strength is weakened until you can activate a Meeseeks.

-Or a Cronenberg dimensions with sci-fi green GI, and shots that can only be made once before red-ing out with a Cronenberg creature until all shots are made (similar to Final Battle on Shadow)

- You could even have a portal chase, where you have to hit the portal many times to escape Gromflomites.

I'm sure many here could think of much better ideas!

#4536 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Damn that sucks for me I probably just missed the cutoff for the first 50

What number are you?

Edit, I see you are 1853

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This shows the purple's texture and shine alot better. Hard to see in photos but in person it really pops.[quoted image]

Is it more of a violet or a purple?

#4620 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Well my deposit made it to my credit card, now lets see the email so I can see where I'm at in line before the bill comes in.
I sure hope I can see more behind me in line than in front me.

What number are you?

#4687 4 years ago

How does the antigravity (magnasave) device work? Is it....

A. Once charged, you can push it to activate the magnasave, where it turn on and holds the ball for a fixed period of time (like 4 seconds)?
B. You charge it up like a battery, and stays on when you hold the button in as long as there is charge while it drains? If you press it for half a second it pulses using just one bar of the charge, if you hold in for 3 seconds, it holds the ball and uses most of the charge.
C. Other

#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That's the plan. Though, at least so far, the dimensions alter the game, but don't have a lot of interactive rules of their own.

There is a water world dimension, with an animated blue light show and it's own music -- but as mentioned, thus far, the dimensions aren't interactive (ie: shoot shots to stay alive)
Right now, the dimensions fall into three basic groups: Points increased somehow (Ramps 2x, Spinner 3x, etc), Game function affected (Pop bumper disabled, flipper function altered) and Feature/Fun dimensions that just do fun/silly things - like Water world.
All subject to change, of course.

This sounds great, a time distortion dimension would also work, where all timers count down much slower. Slow Mobius!!

#4717 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The Anti-gravity Device (magnasave) works in a really cool old school way on this game. You charge the anti-gravity device using the captive ball (Flooble Crank Post). If you need to use the magnet to save a ball from the outlane, you can tap or hold the secondary button on the right side of the cabinet. The magnet will activate for as long as you hold it and as long as you have charge left. It is 100% time to charge based. You can conserve the charge by tapping, but if you get in a bad situation, you can press and hold and attempt to gain control and drop it down the inlane. This is my personal favorite way that magnasaves are implemented and I have not seen it done like this in a while. There is no exposed core, so pressing and holding is not a guarantee that you will save the ball. I usually just tap it away from the outlane and some of the time, it will flip back up and over the sling back into play.
Sorry for the lengthy responses.
--Scott

I was hoping this would be the answer, such a fun approach that will really add an additional dimension to play.

#4791 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The dimension idea I've like the most is a electromechanical dimension, where the lights turn to warm white and the sounds are all chimes.

Please make this happen!

#4881 4 years ago

Just got my email, order 1818, pin 143.

#4922 4 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

1816 = 141 . No complaints from me.

Me neither. Sure the system isn’t perfect, but it’s not too unreasonable, and I’m sure The Spooky team has the best of intentions, first 50 to partners (internal, Cartoon Network, etc), second 50 to distributors. I was probably one of the first 50 to buy on the site and my number is 143. Seems to add up.

#4933 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

That doesn't add up whatsoever though, look at the chart...
If youre #143 that means you were order #30 or so online.

Yes. And 50 before me to distributors, and 50-60 for Cartoon Network and miscellaneous.

#4982 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Don't take this wrong way I'm not trying to be offensive here, just looking for an honest explanation as the one you've given just doesn't make any sense. If you're saying we're just lying about the numbers and shut up and take it that's totally fine but let's be reasonable here....the numbers don't lie.
Between order 1818 at 143, order 1827 at 262 and order 1875 at 362.....what is going on in the middle there?
Are you really saying you're shipping out other peoples 2nd games before people get their 1st?

He answered your question... and it seems reasonable and transparent.

“foreign customers, container shipping, loyal distributors, locations who buy every game, cartoon network team game amounts, spooky team games like oh idk the designer of the game, customers who have bought all 7 titles, shows, charity events“

#5006 4 years ago

I’m so excited to get this game. Looking like around March 2019!!

#5101 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For what? .25 cents and a cup of coffee
What a pathetic joke. You move on with that BS
Gonna end badly.

#5338 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Order #1 or so online is #120 in line.
Order #31 or so online is #258 in line
Order #75 or so online is #350 in line
Look, I'm really not trying to complain here, but this is the reality of the situation and just doesn't jive with the original statements about how the line was going to form.
The fact is you were at a HUGE disadvantage if you bought through spooky's website, as far as getting an early number.
Spooky was not up front about how these games would be distributed.

Are you still in our have you claimed your refund from Spooky they offered you?

#5340 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I'm perfectly fine with the preorder situation. I had a very low number at 1812 but knew there would be many more before me. I'm a little relieved actually that they'll have over 100 done by the time they do mine and may have any kinks worked out if there are any. I bought the Fang club membership in the hopes of just getting a machine, not just getting to the front of the queue. It gives me more time to decide on some of the upgrades.

Exactly neighbor. I have 1818, and feel the same way. I'd prefer to not have one of the very first pins too. Here's to a fun spring!

#5490 4 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

I’m assuming the Morty Adventure cards are individual RGB lights. It would be kind of cool if the adventure you closed had an associated color that would light up the card in that way. Instead of just white. I was looking at that section and wishing it were a display capable of displaying a logo/icon instead of a light but I guess that would be more expensive for little gain.

I’d rather see different color led stamps used to represent mode scoring performance that comes into play later in the wizard mode(s).

#5494 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Has a second ball trough ever been used before? Such a simple idea, but opens up a lot of options.

Isn’t that the same thing as a subway, with staged ball?

#5540 4 years ago

I feel like there's not enough discussion/speculation on this Danesi 2.0. Can each target be lowered by code, or do they need to be hit by the ball to drop - My understanding is that drop targets can't be lowered without being hit by the ball, but I could be wrong? EDIT: Maybe they can be lowered automatically, when I boot my shadow, the wall and battlefield entrance target lower and raise once before the first game as a test.

It seems to be such an innovative idea, much more than the latest bash toy. There is so much potential for different uses across modes, especially when you take into effect variables like...

-Drop target state (just left, just right, both, none).
-Timing: for example the right stays up left is open, and you have to shoot the first ball in (where it is trapped behind the right target), and you have 10 seconds to trap the second behind it, otherwise the right ejects the first ball and you have to start over.

#5544 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Drop targets in TNA can be dropped by software. There is the coil to reset and a smaller coil that hits the target to drop it.

Gold.

This opens the mech up to so much potential. I think someone said it earlier, but this is the Swiss army knife of pinball toys...Add in the light effects, and moving ufo and this thing will be something to experience.

Add in dimension effects, an innovative flow layout with some genius design, clips from the show, custom-call outs, and it's no wonder it sold out. These components create a foundation canvas for a pinball masterpiece of code, light shows, and gameplay rules.

#5663 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Anyone else thing mirror blades are the way to go on this game with the darker spacey art on the back end? Leaning that way, but the artblades were absolutely the way to go on ACNC IMO

I'm going to hold off to see what Scott does with the light shows, it's very possible that there are some very nuanced and directional effects which may be affected by having mirrored effects. Something like the black mirror blades might work better. Lots of time to see and decide.

#5697 4 years ago

I am not sure yet!!! I have not seen the mirrors in the game.

Can you share any tidbits on the your 2.0 lock... Something to tide us over for the holiday year end?

#5724 4 years ago

Sure!
1 ball in lock, but number 2 not qualified:
This is a cool situation, both drop targets will be up in this case and will allow you to transfer the ball from one side to another, or use it as a captive ball by putting center post up.

This mech sounds so clever and versatile - with so many combinations of software and elements of the lock.

For example, it could even be used in a mode as a two ball multiball mode, where you after locking the first ball and it's in the state above (center post down), you have to hit the ball to transfer the ball to the other side, and then automatically open the second drop (releasing it into play). Hitting shots to prime your score prior to releasing the ball and starting 2 ball multiball could increase the value of two ball jackpot shots.

#5776 4 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

How are you all getting the build numbers? Is Spooky emailing you this? I havent seen anything in my emails regarding build numbers.

Did you order from Spooky? If so, yes you should have gotten a confirmation shortly after ordering with your invoice number, than late last week, they emailed with your pin build number.

#5889 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's the upper right flipper shot, so yeah, more difficult. I just mean that when you nail it it should do something impressive to make you feel like you did something. Hopefully it's fully visible to the player too and not hidden.

This can easily be implemented by having pulsing light show waves originating from the back left corner across the playfield with different greens.

#5936 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hey guys anyone asking about me - I’m here - hoped to get numbers to everyone by yesterday but still sorting a few things out. Please realize people switching from standards to LEs and other things make figuring the slotting challenging. Standards are at end of the line so when someone switches it then puts them back into the LE population and I’m being very strident to do my best to put folks in order they paid their deposit. So I had to give the standard folks one deadline to say I want an LE and my original position to be fair or they stay a standard and if they move to LE then after the deadline they can still switch up to 12/30 but their spot will be end of the LE line. Only fair way for me to manage this. Again, I’m taking it seriously as I know everyone is anxious about their spot in line. I’d rather take the extra day or two and ensure it’s fair to everyone vs rushing and having everyone mad at the process. At least I can hang my hat on the equality and fairness of my process.
So that was one delay... my other distraction I’ve mentioned to a few folks last week as my ‘emergency’ was we had a support beam in my office building parking garage rust out and partially collapse. By the grace of God the beam stayed straight up and down and didn’t kick out or my entire 8000 square foot building with my offices and tenants would have totally collapsed and with it possible deaths of 15 people who were inside. So I had two days of hell with fire department, code enforcement condemning my building (meaning I couldn’t go in until it was shored up 2 days later), engineers, iron workers, displaced tenants who’s businesses were shut down. We are all good now and ready for permanent repairs, but a very rough few days realizing I could have been involved with many deaths. Not a fun feeling. Pinball was secondary for 2 days folks. My apologies.
So... I hope to get game number assignment to everyone in a few days. I’m going to spend a day with my family for Xmas then be back at it ! Thanks for you patience.
Here’s a pic and good gosh how did that thing hold the weight a building that way ? I got a guardian angel huh ?
Merry Christmas everyone and THANK YOU for your pinball passion, I wouldn’t want it any other way !
Joe / PinballSTAR
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Joe, I bought direct from Spooky so I’m not waiting on any numbers from your team... Just wanted to say I’m glad you guys are all okay! Such a close accident. Have a great Christmas and New Year!

#5959 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I like the ramp lowering in Stranger Things and hitting the ball into the Demogorgon.
I like hitting the draw bridge in MM and it lowering to destroy the castle.
Again just a major thing that is the main focus in a game.

What about a bash toy?

#5961 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I see your point. I guess the upper VUK area just looks empty to me. Everything else I like. Pop bumper in lieu of slingshot is cool. I like the risk they took with that.

Then you should try to buy one, they are hard to get a hold of though.

Here is a breakdown of how versatile it is: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/115#post-5371166

#5982 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

That might work! Would probably need an EOS switch like a flipper coil just to be safe.
I'm just happy this thread got going again, I was so bored this afternoon I started reading the Stranger Things thread, ugh.

I created a thread to tide the time where people can suggest different Rick and Morty dimension ideas to tweak the gameplay experience. Check it out...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-morty-dimension-ideas#post-5374896

#6003 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s almost
Like that thread didn’t need to be created and could have just been discussed here.

Looks like we have a Pinside Thread Maester.

Fair point, I incorrectly suspected people may have lots of ideas, which doesn’t seem to be the case. You really seem have a thing for thread quotas and unnecessary posts... whatever, but really, there is no need to be so curmudgeonly.

Either way, I hope you’re enjoying your holiday, getting some fun pinball in and have a great new year.

#6009 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

new ones just get ignored regardless of how brilliant the questions they pose may be. At this stage of the game this is the one stop shop for all things Rick and Morty. Until there’s clear coat issues or whatever.

Yes, that’s actually a good point, especially this early in the release.

#6036 4 years ago

It's subtly clever how the sets of shots inserts correspond to a different bolt of lightning from the central Morty Adventure Card contraption.

How about a multiball that works like Power Down (Johnny Mnemonic) crossed with Final Battle (Shadow) but makes use of the color RGB's...

-Every insert is white; 3 balls in play.
-Imagine the pinball is coated in blue paint. As you hit switches, RGB lights associated with each shot changes from white to blue. The goal is to make the whole playfield blue.
-Once the playfield is completely blue, lights all pulse, and escape through the portal.
-An add-a-ball is added to play, now you have to make all lights green, repeat until only one ball is left.
79832815_2733313550063188_7331740320821936128_o (resized).jpg79832815_2733313550063188_7331740320821936128_o (resized).jpg

#6089 4 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Tons of comments already 6m followers mostly from nopinball world what an epic attention multiplier (too late).

Rick and Morty Pin’s are about to get even more in demand.

#6158 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Very curious what the lighting is for the effect of the portal is currently if the leds just turn green or if the clear garage floor affects the lighting? I made a cheap infinity mirror with two way mirror window film and el wire. Could put mirrored film on garage floor and put a small infinity mirror in the ceiling of the garage?
[quoted image][quoted image]

So it looks like there is essentially a plexiglass sheet midway height of the garage that the ball goes under?

#6166 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I have to say it... Spooky vs Stern. New game vs new game. Who wins Rick and Morty or Stranger Things.
First off we all have to admit Stranger Things is a much bigger license so Stern wins there. But if you're a fan of Stranger Things did Stern deliver the game you were hoping for? Did Spooky? After playing Stranger Things and just based on the videos for Rick and Morty... I think Spooky SLAYED the dragon.
I think if you're a fan of Rick and Morty you're ecstatic about the pinball game. Spooky knocked a home run and made the Rick and Morty fans overjoyed. If you're a fan of Stranger Things, you're now probably wishing Spooky had the license because Stern laid an egg. Stern likes to do this a lot... rain on someone's parade by releasing new code when another manufacturer releases their new game, or in this case a new game over the top of another new game.
They usually win... but Spooky did such a great job Stern loses big league. Congrats to Spooky you went head to head and won you're now a giant killer.

Rick and Morty has a unique layout with lots of clever flow and chaining of shots. This hasn't been made obvious yet, but you'll see. I sense a strong degree of focus, dedication and passion with Spooky; I'd prefer a company wring the maximum amount possibility from something instead of focusing on many irons in the fire.

Stern is kickings ass with how it's making the most of Jurassic Park. There was so much potential from the Goggles in Ghostbusters, the LCD in Star Wars, but were these used to its fullest? Will the Stranger Things projector and the Elvira trailer feature be used to its max potential? I hope so!

#6177 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If the numbers aren't such a big deal why has it been so difficult for people to get numbers in the first place? If numbers aren't a big deal then why did Spooky wait till after everyone bought their spots to tell us the first 100 were already taken. The numbers are a big deal and if you don't want yours then that's on you. I spoke on the issue of letting people switch and in the process holding everyone else up who knew what they wanted to purchase ahead of time. I understand about the support beams but if people think that's the only reason numbers continue to be delayed than people are dead wrong. If the spots were refundable i'm sure he'd move a lot quicker but they aren't so he doesn't have to move any faster than he wants to. Like i said I'm looking forward to the next response from him explaining why numbers are getting delayed once again

That's why i wrote "I don't think holding everyone up for people that knew way ahead of time the difference between the 2 and paid for a standard is right" Do you think he's switching people around and dealing with all this trouble for free. The answer is hell no and the reason is bigger kickback.

Perhaps you may have some luck selling your spot to another person in this thread?

#6178 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

My bet is (by the arangment of the garage) that this could have even been something that was being considered for inclusion in the game. The garage arangment is conducive to having a Portal graphic spinning in the actual playfield portal. Easy to see how it could blow out the BOM though as well.

Can someone please get harryhoudini on this?

#6185 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I did send a PM... it could probably do with a little diagram for the mod thread too...

Good man.

#6253 4 years ago

I wonder what the odds of seeing another video before year end is?

#6264 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I did but a lot of people in my area who have received NIB recently and the issue seems to be resolved. If tmnt comes out and they are still having qc issues. I'll buy something else no big deal.

I've never insulted Joe nor have i said he was a bad distributor. I like Joe and I bought from him because i wanted to support him and I'll buy from him in the future if our paths align. My critique has been about the switching of spots causing a logjam and that spot numbers arent going to be given out fairly which we know they aren't. The other points were addressed
From the minute Rick and Morty was revealed Spooky and Distros stressed "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE".
Do you think it's fair that Spooky had everyone fighting over spots that weren't even available at launch?
Do you think it's fair that if someone willingly bought a standard then switched to a BSE(before Deadline)they would jump in front of everyone who ordered behind them even though they bought a bse?
Do you think it's fair that another Distro(I wont name names)sold spots to returning customers and made new and first time customers wait an entire day before they could get thier chance to buy. A point that even SpookyLuke talked about.
Do any of the above scenarios truly scream "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE"? So please spare me the notion of Everyone had a fair and equal shot at all 750 machines

I ordered direct from Spooky, had my confirmation within minutes and my pin build allotment in a matter of days. It is the holiday period, they are probably spending time with family and all should be resolved in a week.

#6314 4 years ago

Here's an interesting piece of info from the Slap Save pinball podcast: You will be playing as Morty, there will actually be different versions of Morty that will be randomly assigned (Lizard Morty, Dancer Morty, etc). These won't impact scoring and are mainly for cosmetic purposes.

https://slapsave.podbean.com/

#6394 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

This sucks in the mid 500s...repeat spooky customer and purchased from a distributor who I had previously purchased games. Whatever happened to spooky giving priority to the people who got them where they are today? I took the risk on a bse when others before me chose the standard and now they get to take their time in selecting without moving to the bottom of the bse line?

I think they would do first come first serve by supplier (Spooky, distributor A, distributor B, etc).

#6425 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm hoping that means that they are hard at work getting the line setup and building games!

I hope that, or that they are spending time over the holidays relaxing with friends and family.

#6437 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Just to add to the request for order numbers...
I am 87 and that was through Zach @ Flip N Out.

I didn’t realize he was a distributor?

#6540 4 years ago

Still hoping for a gameplay video before year end. I know wishful thinking but hey

#6567 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not sure if this has been brought up or not. Something I've been thinking about though.
Although it looks stylish and cool, how are these cutouts around the flipper buttons going to be on the fingers that are not on the flipper buttons?[quoted image]

It’ll be fine. Worst case scenario, someone will come out with plexiglass mod cutouts that fit and level the surface.

#6609 4 years ago

Spooky Pinball has their latest podcast up, discussing Rick and Morty, I will be listening:

https://www.spookypinball.com/podcast/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-118/

#6612 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

The real capitalism kicks in when folks start eBaying the early NIB’s as they get them. Better to pay $1000-1500 over for a spot or 3k+ over for an available NIB? Or should they wait for the used market years from now?
I’m kinda kicking myself for not getting a standard also. Potentially those that bought both could flip the BS to pay for the standard. There’s no telling what these will go for atm.

Looks like they are already attracting a premium.

#6658 4 years ago

Scott mentioned on the podcast that his favorite Rick and Morty Episode is the one where there the aliens create a simulation within a simulation: M. Night Shaym-Aliens (Season 1, episode 4).

How fun would it be for a mode require you to make shots to try to clog the processing power of the simulation, which then glitches out your actual Rick and Morty pinball machine:

-Slowing and looping audio
-Making lights flash, and shudder
-LCD having video glitches
-repeating callouts, etc

Then dimming/turning off most lights, and you have to hit the scoop within 30 seconds to escape the simulation before the pin reboots.

#6713 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Gives me an idea for a crazy mode. Bleep mode. Rick starts into one of his tirades (with extra sauce) and every ball hit (target) bleeps over what he's saying. Make the objective simply bleep as much of the tirade as you can in that time. Score tallied by % of tirade bleeped.

Sounds like a midnight madness mode!

#6714 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

don't worry... they dont
If they did, it would be sold already. Then again, when games in the early 100s have sold for 1k premium over deposit... do you really expect to get anything extra for a spot that is more than 1/2 year out at best?
For anyone shopping, there are distributors with spots still available for no premium.

My guess is once a more comprehensive gameplay video streams and people have a chance to play it, the premium over the deposit will drop by half or at least double. Reception will dictate the trajectory.

#6855 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

No it is not trolling. He talked smacked to me, then an hour later the game designer tells him he is flat out wrong about his comment on the memory leak fix. So I'll smack talk back. That is not trolling....I did not bait him into any comment, he did that on his own. And he ALWAYS does that.
Whysnow should change his handle to Mando....always getting shit wrong, because it is the way.

What number Rick and Morty did you get?

#6863 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This is not the owner club thread, this is an open discussion thread about this game, pre-order not required to post.

You sad, bro?

#6990 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That sounds very cool. If spooky plans on doing any extra knocker effects during some of the game modes they should let us know. If people knew that was coming they would probably sell a lot more knockers.

The knocker dimension!

#7041 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

So I put a couple games on this today picking up my ACNC. It’s totally badass. Very unique layout and the theme is just so perfect for pinball. My brother and I were talking about it for our full 3 hr car ride. Well done guys.

Is there anything you can share about the gameplay or objectives?

#7166 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

This thread is becoming unbearable....
“I want a pinball machine based on a show where the main character is a crass drunk that blurts out inappropriate comments.... but only between the hours of 10pm and 6am.... and only at 70% of what the show would normally have.... unless it’s Friday or Saturday.... or when my kids are at their mom’s for the weekend... unless it’s a holiday.... but not during Christmas or Easter.”
Can we just say, if you don’t want your kids watching the show, then this probably isn’t the game you want in your house.
...unless you bought a standard from a distributor at 10:04:28 and your build number is lower than the BSE that another guy bought from Spooky at 10:05:17 from the website that wasn’t a Fang Club member but owns a TNA.
What in the serious fuck is going on here?!?

100%. Finally, some reason.

#7173 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

I have a 5 year old. I’d like to parlay some conversations for a few years. So I’m going to take advantage of this feature.
So y’all single sweaty men without kids or divorced sweaty men without kids at your house can deal w the fact that some people have small kids at their house and still like rick and morty.
My kids will watch the show. I will watch it with them. Just not in March when I get my machine.

I appreciate the value in being able to limit content and disable swear words, but within reason. The feature already looks quite sophisticated, which is great (I'll likely have it dialed in to 1-30%). But wouldn't time be better invested continuing to code other elements of the game, rather than trying to map out the absurd permutations of requests to the feature.

#7211 4 years ago

Bowen discusses the Megaseeds and how they function in gameplay on the latest Special When Lit Pinball podcast. He says seeds are found across the dimensions and essentially work as a multiplier that adds 5% of score per seed at each bonus.

This got me wondering about inserts... In particular the inserts that indicate both the Megaseeds and Meeseeks simultaneously. I’m curious how the insert will indicate whether a Megaseed or Meeseek is lit. How does this work?

FF32C15F-8574-4D93-892B-15003C0AAD87 (resized).jpegFF32C15F-8574-4D93-892B-15003C0AAD87 (resized).jpeg
#7213 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just a guess, but with full RGB leds I’d expect a different color depending on what it is.

This was what I was suspecting, but I wonder if it’s something clever/unique like the colors will fade out the non-relevant insert (As with how 3D glasses work). If the light is cyan, Megaseeds are purple and Meeseeks are blank blue. If the light is magenta, Megaseeds are blank pink and Meeseeks are purple.

Or a led that lights up on two halves. Could both Megaseeds and Meeseeks shots be lit?

#7221 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

.... and maybe not only worth less points, but they might not be able to be simply "left lying around". Like, you still NEED to collect the salty meseeks... or else they multiply, to become a playfield full of Pissed Off Meseeks!!

Meeseeeeeks Muliball!

#7232 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

He also ran to the Alice Cooper thread and stated that everyone here got mad at him for simply asking a question. I tried correcting him there as well and he got very smug.

It’s pretty insincere if PoMC is going around feigning being a victim when it seems he’s trying to instigate.

#7236 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Here is what he posted in the ACNC thread and I called him out 9 posts later. He is obviously a "last word" kind of guy as he carried it on to the next page. I just stopped giving him the attention he craved.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/65#post-5391997

That’s a shame.

#7247 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Not much going on this this thread news wise...

I heard on one of the podcasts that the portal can create a whirlpool strobing lighting effect with the color LEDs. Sounds fun!

#7264 4 years ago

Three things I noticed from the video that I don't believe have been mentioned:

Noob Noob shot is right in the sweet spot of the upper flipper. I wonder if it is a subtle, humorous dig at the players lack of skill getting either of the two more difficult shots.
Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 6.32.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-08 at 6.32.50 PM (resized).png

There is quite an amount of detail in the garage.
Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 6.32.44 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-08 at 6.32.44 PM (resized).png

The odd phallic plants from the games appear as a post holding up the right ramp.
Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 6.27.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-08 at 6.27.21 PM (resized).png

#7317 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm assuming if he ordered through spooky I guess he just got his spot like anyone else . Obviously I don't know but I wouldn't just assume he got special treatment

Spooky took phone orders in addition to its online store. Phone orders would probably get a speed advantage since the order would go through while everyone else was ordering through the congested web traffic through the site. No reason to look for drama.

#7359 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Charlie,
How's about posting a flooble crank pic.
I'm about 3 weeks burned out of bitching about the ordering process.

Yes please, or maybe a closeup video of the portal in action!!

#7406 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Where’s the Dude with the cut off sleeve shirt and ink?
That guy always looked like he could finish 5 games in a day and ship.[quoted image]

Alpha.

#7434 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Looking at the play field photos,I see that on the approach to the right ramp,there is a stand up length of naked steel on the left side of the ramp!! there is no rubber on it! When you go for the right ramp,hitting bare metal doesn't seem right!!Can any body comment on that????

Oh, it’s so much more than right! That’s the Flooble Crank, which is essentially a sort of captive ball. When you hit the metal post it transfers the kinetic energy to a captive ball behind it, charging the Magna save, I believe it can also qualify locks. It just goes to show how Spooky is adding toys to this pin that make clever use for space and impact gameplay.

#7440 4 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Looks pretty reasonable. I noticed the art does not go all the way up around it.[quoted image]

Maybe there will be Cliffy's avail just in case.

Edit: Looks like it shouldn't be a problem. So excited for this pin!

#7469 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I'm hoping for the eluded Boob world from the last episode to be a Morty adventure!
They really wanted to go but Morty needed to learn a lesson

Elusive wizard mode (reward Morty Mission) with custom animation from the show's animators. Hey, we can dream!

#7479 4 years ago

Could be cool, although if I went with a glo ball, I’d go with white, as seems more associated with energy/electricity. Also it would be a blank canvas to reflect the different colors of the light show off of. Not sure how visible it would be though.

#7514 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I was thinking about the comments on the metal flooblecrank putting rubber on it to protect it. could you combine it with rubber on the post, and use the powerball from a TZ to reduce the inertia needed to activate the crank? Thereby making it just as effective as the metal on metal impact?

I was considering that too! Very possible. I like the look of the powerball, but I’ll wait until I get my game to test.

#7520 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

I was considering removing the top flipper, as well as putting Kleenex on one side of the danesi lock 2.0. I think this will be the best experience on this machine I’ve seen 2 pics of. Might also add a LED strip to the center of the playfield just stuck right to it, at roughly a 50 degree angle. Thoughts?

Needs a projector.

#7530 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This thread is like being in the locker room of the team that won the championship . Stranger things and Deep Root thread are like being in the locker room of the team that lost .[quoted image]

Such an accurate analogy for capturing the spirit of the threads.

#7611 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yep so 20 seeds is 100% boost, similar to a 2x multiplier and it carries over to remaining balls. 100 seeds is the max and is similar to a 5x multiplier. I like this method of linking the seeds to multiplier, applying it to your total score and carrying it over. Won’t be long now til we see first game delivered and can watch game play footage. Maybe Spooky will honor us with a stream that shows who has game -> pitting Scott D, Eric P, David vE, Bowen K and Justin R.

Agree, it makes the playfield multiplier less exploitable, and based more on playing better. It essentially removes the huge outliers and in some cases luck (like getting 40X multiplier on a key shot on Star Wars).

I'm also guessing that there will be well more than 10 adventures then (otherwise, what's the point of getting to choose one, if you will end up playing the full roster anyway)! I like that Rick's adventures are completely random.

#7648 4 years ago

Great that there are no huge playfield multipliers, although I’d love to see a feature similar to The Shadow, where during Multiball if shoot a ball in the left half of the horseshoe it holds it for 10 seconds doubles your next jackpot shot AND if you can lock a second ball in the right half during the 10 seconds, it triples the jackpot.

So many ways this toy can be used when combined with gameplay, rules, and ingenuity!

#7734 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

You missed my point. And yes, your behavior is bullying and it should stop. Nice that you view this as your private pissing ground and could care less about opinions of fellow hobbyists.
You pay $8K for a finished game. Including complete code. Then the development stops once that commitment is fulfilled. You got the game you paid for. It's done. All the s/w engineers have moved on to make money on the next project.
The not so new idea is to have the s/w engineers continue beyond that point to make our games have fresh content. Increasing the value and enjoyment vs having them be stagnant objects.
I understand the situation the industry is in with Machines shipping code incomplete. Therefore we are all worried about how companies will draw the line between what's owed and what is bonus. That's all fine.
But if there is a point when a company has a title which greatly expands over time as a feature, I'm in.

More interesting stuff happening now. Don't care.

#7736 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This thread is like being in the locker room of the team that won the championship . Stranger things and Deep Root thread are like being in the locker room of the team that lost .[quoted image]

Now more than ever!

#7805 4 years ago

I saw this on Kaneda’s Facebook feed and thought it was quite clever.

7272C0F7-8E74-4841-8B16-609575E21C54 (resized).jpeg7272C0F7-8E74-4841-8B16-609575E21C54 (resized).jpeg
#7844 4 years ago
Quoted from TravisRT1985:

Excellent post but why does stern need to take note? Pinsiders buy themes, that's all they take note of.

Because when companies compete, consumers win.

#7897 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

As I asked earlier: Is the poster a representation of the topper in any way?
[quoted image]

Doubtful. Random side note... I find this image slightly off putting, something about the red behind the Morty’s eyes showing. Am I the only one?

I’m not talking about Fulci’s Zombi 2 or Green Inferno level disturbing... just a little.

#7907 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Powder coated coindoor is a new add on. The regular door is $225 and the bill acceptor ready door is $250.[quoted image]

So glad I ordered a blood sucker!

#7948 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

But you could only do this if you upgraded your machine to the DBA "style" coin door from Spooky. Default has no DBA slot.

Pardon my ignorance, but what’s DBA?

#7994 4 years ago

Did Nitro get more pins? It seems that they seem to have more remaining from what I see on this thread.

#8080 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the listing on ebay for the BSE deposit slot has surpassed $3,000 with 5 mins left to go

What’s the link?

#8084 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wonder from the perspective of someone who isn't familiar with the pinball community, if the 90k ebay listing had something to do with someone buying that for that price. (influenced FOMO).

Ha! Wow what a steal!

#8092 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

You must not care about sound quality and love to recharge things unnecessarily. But hey, to each their own.
And yes, I know you think they sound great.

Wireless headphones are so much more convenient for exercise, working out in the gym, and running though. I’d prefer reduced sound quality to cumbersome wires.

#8154 4 years ago

Back to Rick and Morty pinball talk...

I wonder if dimensions will get progressively more difficult to traverse? As I understand, each dimension will allow you to collect 3 mega seeds. Up to a max of 99.

This would mean you could travel 33 dimensions across one very effective game (could be more, I’m guessing you can dimension jump before collecting the 3 seeds?). The spinner charges the dimension gun, so as you get further and further, does the gun require more spinner energy? This, could make for some challenging gameplay, similar to how reactors get more and more difficult to activate in TNA (Dimension hopper award!)

The spinner will be pretty important it seems - It’s great that each lower flipper has a shot that lines up the upper flipper shot.

#8184 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I saddened that the portal wasnt a vortex like the cup in Diner.
Its a missed opportunity that would have been very cool.

I respectfully disagree. While it sounds neat, it would get old and slow the game down. It’d also dampen the effect of having the ball disappear and teleport immediately to the bottom left flipper.

#8196 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

just watched the ST premium stream by dead flip.
Meh..... projector is no big deal.
Definitely not better than a flooble crank!

Or an innovative Swiss army like toy that can be used in countless ways
Or a magnasave that can be used to finesse the ball
Or a teleporting portal that takes you to different dimensions.
Or an incredible light show

#8273 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I played the prototype on Wednesday. If you liked the music on TNA then your going to love it in this game! The modes have the best music and you can tell right away it was scotts music and it fits the theme. It's not out of place. When you start a mode the beat drops and it just fits what you are doing in that certain mode. you know where the music immerses you in game sort of thing. just like TNA

Anything else you can share?

#8281 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No. That won’t happen.

Three balls still a possibility?

#8301 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

It has the same system as ACNC so quality is amazing. The music and callouts are what you would expect from watching show, it's R&M in pinball form. Scott's music blends seamlessly and I can't tell one from another. Unfortunately the callouts were in full family mode so we didn't get the full Rick experience. Understandable for Eric to turn it off after all this time with Rick. What we did hear was funny and let you know exactly what to do. The upgraded screen shines and has perfect video playback, no tearing like ACNC. Scenes are full featured and fit well with each mode. There was so much to take in that it became overwhelming and this was just the prototype. Firsthand with a production unit will be amazing and that's why I want to keep this simple.

How did the portal light show look?

#8306 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So all this hubbub about an ability to lock four balls in order to have a glorious 5 ball mb and how it can be done but won’t be done. Why doesn’t Spooky add one $15 opto in their design and then turn Eric loose on creating magic?

Probably excessive and wouldn't add to gameplay - if there needs to be some wizard five ball multiball the pin could just put into play from the shooter, like most other games.

The issue with the logic (IMO) is that the pin would need to deduce that there is a third ball on a side due to an opto being activated on the other side, then no longer being activated. However, if there is a glitch, and the drop target on the opposite transferring side inadvertently lowers for a moment, releasing the ball, there would be no way to verify if the third ball transferred correctly or the ball fell out of the horseshoe. Yes, theoretically it could work, but given the unpredictability of pinball in the real world there would need to be controls in place to verify.

I'm just hoping that three balls can get locked for a multiball. That would make me happy!

OR

I'm hoping Team Spooky can explore some sort of portal multiball where balls are locked in the portal trough (even if just a 2-ball multi). That would make me happy! Can anyone from Spooky provide detail on which optos exist in the portal trough?

#8324 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Spooky fang club swag. The poster is huge.[quoted image][quoted image]

From a marketing standpoint, it’s very impressive how Spooky has created a family business culture, at a global scale with no shopfront but relying on online and distribution. It’s no easy feat, and the team there should feel proud and are to be commended.

#8440 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Ya it's getting pretty rediculous how long it's taking for a gameplay video.
We havent even seen pictures of a production game yet with the playfeild art changes.

Patience.

#8501 4 years ago

Spooky’s got it covered, bitch.

#8521 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This could work .[quoted image]

Why is Pickle Rick traveling through a portal?

#8525 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Dont over think it.
Its pickle RICK, just ROLL with it.
http://t.co/ca31My7

All good, I realize that this the phase of a pinball release where people start hodge podging in random toys to keep occupied while waiting for real news.

#8527 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You should enjoy this period of time . Once gameplay has been showen there could be negativity , if it's not what you wanted . Just like the total shitshow stranger things is . So far there is not a single complaint about how Rick and Morty shoots or any faults with the game .

Agree, I like how everything has been going so far.

#8549 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

"Adventures" and "Dimensions" are independent. You could be on a single adventure and change dimensions multiple times.
In general, the Adventures are like standard pinball modes - rules/shots to accomplish, and Dimensions change details about the game as a whole (this worth more points, that worth less points, etc).

Number of dimensions x Number of modes = Many gameplay experiences.

#8571 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Butter or not to butter, that’s the question. Normally I don’t think it’s worth it, but I’m tempted to try it. I haven’t seen one in person and pictures just don’t do it.

Butter may help resale (if you change pins often).

I’m getting butter because I envision be keeping this for a long time.

Okay, so poor logic, but the key takeaway is: Butter.

#8666 4 years ago

Can anyone at Spooky please indulge us with an estimate of how many adventures might make it in the game when released? Is it...

•11-20
•21-30
•31+

#8669 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Just be patient for F's sake guys. Its coming.

Was just trying to post something on topic

#8731 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If anything the butter cabinet makes it more delicate and likely more prone to chipping. Can’t re-decal it and almost impossible to “touch up. It’s like a clear coated cabinet. To the point that Spooky take no responsibility on butter cabs if they’re shipped - which is fair enough.

Why can’t they be touched up? I’d guess a gloss Gamvar over paint match would work no?

#8918 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

I hope we get snide comments from Rick when we hit that target after flipping the upper flip.

I like that, it would be clever if Rick complimented you or gave catchphrases when you hit the Rick target, and gives snide comments as you say when you hit Noob Noob.

#9132 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hi def version of topper view. Motor and at least 2 flashers...maybe more light we can’t see.[quoted image]

I think I’m going to customize my topper to use the portal, but replace Rick and Morty with 3D figures.

#9135 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

based on the wiring...I think it is just those 2 flashers. First mod might be to add a few small white led's in between the portal and behind rick and morty...but we've not seen a video of it in action yet so hard to say what it looks like.

It would be cool if the portal starts spinning only when it’s been charged and activated in game in the garage.

#9174 4 years ago

You can buy a new Iron Man for ~$6K, but for just $1K more you can get a Rick and Morty

#9324 4 years ago

Given Spooky is saying they want code fairly complete at launch, so given that how many adventures do you think there will be at first?

At an over/under for 15 adventures....

Who's guessing 15 or more?
Who's guessing less than 15?

Put me down for 1 guess at 15 or more. What do other's think, guess before the reveal.

#9463 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Looks like the last two digits of the score represents the number of adventures completed.

Or maybe dimensions traveled?

#9748 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Just curious if there is anyone else like me on this thread.

No. You’re special.

#9967 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I love Adult Swim but some of it is too ADD and wtf out there even for me.

What was the thing that was censored on the video from earlier this week? And here's some classic Adult Swim for you:

#10161 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

"BOOM"
(Only thing I don't really like on Deadpool)

Maybe Rick and Morty needs a "ZAP" button so you have to hit it at completely unintuitive times to arbitrarily affect your score.

#10213 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And I didn’t notice the top scoop timer doing anything.

It tracked Roy’s age as he got older.

#10236 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Note: I’m still not planning on actually making this

Good. Seems like something that would get old quick. Given the opportunity cost of programming time, I’m sure there are other things to do instead (like additional multiball modes).

#10241 4 years ago

So how do the Meeseeks work in this game, and what do they do, generally?

#10248 4 years ago

Add a ball.
Its really well done.

Seems like there would be other uses, when outside of multiball, no? Given there are so many shots in the play field (in addition to the Meeseeks box).

#10254 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Meeseeks are also timed multipliers on shots that decrease the longer it takes to hit that shot...to the point where the shot is worth less than normal.

Love this. Seems like an innovative way to incorporate shot multipliers and the theme.

A frenzy mode could be fun...Meeseeks multiball Frenzy!

#10259 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They're not totally locked down yet.

This is wrong. Add-a-ball in multiball is done with the flooble crank.

This is sort of what they do now. Specifically:
- If there is a meeseeks on a shot, that shot is multiplied or divided
- If it's a "good" meeseeks, it's value X (the number of active meeseeks)
- If it's a "bad" meeseeks (been alive too long) it's value / (the number of active BAD meeseeks)
Current values are shown on the multiplier square inserts in the middle above the flippers, with the good and the bad indicated by color (good = Blue, Bad = Purple).
Also, during Roy, the meeseeks does a little something else.
NOTE: This is just how they CURRENTLY work, everything is still sort of fluid rules wise at this point. Everything subject to possible change.

Your Meeseeks rules sound great, any possibility on a Meeseeks Frenzy Multiball @epthegeek?

#10262 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I kind of assumed this would be a given.

Hopefully! The Meeseeks design really brings risk and reward to the game.

#10334 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Maybe as an idea for a mod: A Meeseeks box with integrated LED that can light/flash whenever a new Meeseeks is created or maybe interact in some way based on existence of new/old meeseeks?

I think that’s already in the game.

#10361 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well they did say the spinner was misaligned which was causing issues with that shot. I also noticed no one made the garage from the left orbit, but just looking at it, it looks like there is no direct line to it except from the upper flipper so timing will be key, and it looks to be pretty tight off that left ramp.[quoted image]

I wondered if the spinner was misaligned... So I went and rewatched the video and I think this may not be the case, it might be something else: I'm sharing the below in hopes that it may be some help:

There appeared to be:
-12 legitimate shots to the upper inner loop

-2 were slightly not accurate and actually hit a rubber killing the shot
-2 were too weak and wouldn't have made it

There were 8 clean shots:

-0 hit the spinner and lost momentum from doing so
-3 shots were successful
-And here's the interesting one... 5 shots hit the wall at it's vertical portion, absorbing the momentum before it could be transferred to vertical trajectory, making the orbit shot fail.

What does this mean? Around 40% of clean shots to the orbit made it around successfully (limited sample obviously). It looks like when the shot goes higher in the entrance it hits the wall and is unsuccessful, when it goes lower, momentum is retained, transferred upwards and the shot is successful. I don't know, maybe adding more curve to the top portion of the wall could help?

You can see what I'm talking about here:

I'm in on one of these and am want this to be a huge success, sharing in the spirit of hoping this info may be of use.

#10365 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm just going off what they said in the thread when people asked about it. In the SMB stream it didn't seem like anyone had issues with it.

Quoted from guitarded:

I'm gonna go with Scott's take on this one.

I'm probably wrong, and am happy to be in this case!

#10386 4 years ago

Im a expert at hitting post bumpers.
No matter how narrow or hidden.
2.5" or 3" wide gaping ramp entrances elude me.
Hitting post bumpers is my super power.
Im a pinball shortstop.
Its all about the infield lighting fast drains and 15 second ball times...
That's my jam.

It’s gonna be all ball locks and magnasave for you on this game then my friend.

#10396 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Surprised only 3 people are bidding on this RM on eBay
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

There will probably be a couple more last minute bidders... I strongly suspect

ebay.com link: 0

#10523 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

My sauce looks way different[quoted image]

Interesting meta dilemma. Which is the ‘right’ szechuan sauce mod? The Mulan one referenced on the actual tv show, or the Rick and Morty promotion sauce McDonald’s bought out in response to the TV show?

#10533 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think we should debate this topic for at least the next 7 pages.

Gold. In true Pinside form

#10842 4 years ago

I’m really looking forward to reading all the field research on how the game plays and functions on location the next couple of weeks.

#10844 4 years ago

Looks like we have another preorder spot listed. Currently at $1,700 with a few days to go:

ebay.com link: 0

#10924 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You know what would be hilarious...if the actual tilt bob end was shaped like a plumbus. That would be a hilarious easter egg. Someone figure out that mod.

Should be easy enough to create.

#10961 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

to be completely transparent
There were a few various code bugs in this BETA code. They will be squantched tonight and Eric will likely have me new code on Sunday to load.
For physical things, the glass came off due to stuck balls on a switch up on top right of pf that was sitting slightly proud. Post stream I bent it down in 3 seconds and all good. During stream I could not lift pf easily with all the camera and stream gear so we left it be.
The ball launch going past skill shot was the launch wireform. Again, 2 seconds and bent it down a notch and all good. Minor tweak.
The shots are all great. Appropriately make-able and correctly challenging. Trust me; just go play the game and it is a blast!
That upper inner orbit w spinner is butter when you hit is right. It is natural to go for the sweet spot on the flipper and noob noob it. once you find it, it screams. post stream I adjusted one inner orbit ball guide and the shot screams even more!

Whysnow Thanks again for sharing this stream, and bringing the world along on a Day-1 celebration of this incredible looking pin.

#10968 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Happy to.
This game really is super fun!
So happy for Scott, Eric, David, and team spooky. This game is seriously great.
Fun mech use combined with great shot geometry, art is great, lights and sound are beyond good, even beta code is super fun and pretty well balanced already.
This PF is the best quality I have seen to date. Crazy but no dimples at all yet. I have never seen that before.
Theme integration and immersion is possibly the best ever. May have taken over TAF as best immersion of all time. Really is that good. Once code is polished... WOWwwweeeee

Yes!!

Also, I’ve been wondering is is Why-Snow, or Whys-Now?

#11039 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This thread had a great run and it earned me a ton of pinside internet points. I'm OK with shutting it down. Let's all move to the real R&M thread started by Scott!

But keep around for posterity.

#11122 4 years ago

Thank you, I appreciate your sharing.

#11125 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

$2600 with 2 hours left.

I suspect this will go for a relatively smaller price, mainly because people would rather hold out for a lower number (and pay lots more) and don’t want to be locked in.

#11150 4 years ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

This release started out bad and is getting worse. If you don’t understand supply and demand you don’t need to be involved in manufacturing license as big as Ricky & Morty. Pissing off more people than you service is sort of a bad marketing plan. I am not really blaming Spooky at this point if the licensors had any understanding about Pinball production they would’ve laughed at the concept of 750 machines.

Entitled much?

#11167 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

There was nothing secretive about the process. Spooky announced ahead of time their distributors had an allotment. They announced ahead of time they were doing the fang club since they had more previous customer then games to go around. They even announced the date sales would open ahead of time. The only thing the went a little wonky was the website, which was out of their hands given the number of people that tried to buy direct vs. go through a distributor. You have to remember, distributors commit to buying x number of games, which is guaranteed money for spooky. Without that, every game would be a gamble to keep the doors open. It’s why stern and JJP use distributors as well. It’s money you can count on vs being stuck with inventory.

Exactly. And they sold out in 4 hours... Not less than a minute. Any bandwidth/transaction issues wouldn't have blocked anyone from getting a pin if they wanted it - they might just have gotten a later number. This isn't a Pinburgh situation.

#11238 4 years ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

100% correct. This is the typical childish that happens when people buy a limited amount of something and don’t want any more released simply because they enjoy the exclusivity that they feel there’s has. And it doesn’t hurt that their slot is now worth 2000+ more dollars because Spooky lacks the ability or willingness to make more than 750. I’m happy to wait for stern or JPP to build a me a machine around Rick and Morty season 9.

What games do you have in your collection? It looks like there are no games in your collection, but that can’t be right.

#11241 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No way I would have been in on RaM if it was a semi complete half baked turd thrown out there by stern.
Stern making this theme would have ensured you could get a used RaM for half new price a year or two down the track.
Sterns rep for quality work sank long ago.

Yeah, but imagine the crater dimension.

#11306 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

dunno, maybe locations that previously had spooky machines? I hope I can still make money on this machine by the time I get it in ~7 months if not it will definitely by my only spooky machine

because they don't artificially limit them so everyone that wants one can buy one, not this artificial scarcity nonsense

It's not artificial, production capacity is a direct result of employee numbers.

#11311 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Well, when you step foot into a thread to bitch and complain you have to wait for a boutique pinball for a year, you're going to have people who think your complaints are not only unwarranted, but a tad inflammatory considering you knew this going in...
[quoted image][quoted image]

What is this second picture??

#11350 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

a few geometry concerns.

Can you please elaborate?

1 week later
#11457 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

There is no argument. You don't get it. Go back and do some reading of reasons in the thread.
It aint going to happen bro. 100%

Agree. Not in this dimension anyway.

#11482 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I was led to believe if I purchased a tna nib I would have priority access to future titles. That did not happen.

If anything, they would have said previous customers would be given priority. If you bought a membership to the Fang Club, you're a transacting customer. No issue.

#11539 4 years ago
Quoted from FargoPinball:

Anyone interested in trading spots for our spot and some money?
We are #264 but would be looking for something under #120. The lower the number the more money we would put up.
So if you are perfectly fine waiting a little longer and getting some extra cash please PM us.

I'd be interested, but I'm not under 120. I have 143.

#11621 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I have an agenda? Yes... having the mule do its job. That's my agenda. You are the biggest cheerleader pinside has ever known... gtfo of here trying try paint others as biased. I'm sharing our experiences with the game as its been setup and put to work. Sorry its not all rainbows to you.
And 6.9 is not the recommended pitch in the materials provided with the game.
[quoted image]
And no, no small nudge freed the ball. Ball traps = unhappy players. Unhappy players dont feed it. I need the game earning... not making excuses.

Mule?

#11681 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone that listens to him for a review of a game is a moron.

I listen to Kaneda, and value his opinions. But fair enough.

#11688 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

You sir are a moron.

Well if @whyshow says it, it must be true.

#11693 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

absolutely. and let me start by saying, i'm in no way complaining about the shots. Kaneda has his opinion, i have mine. i do wish they worked better, and/or more often. but i'm the type that adapts.
that said, i always want games to perform best they can, to the limits the design allows. here's a few tweaks i did:
-the first was the suggestion Hilton made about bending the launch wire-form down a bit, to prevent both roll-backs, and over-shooting which lead to the ball looping around the small rightside (u-turn?). this was happening quite a bit, and that tweak worked great.
-i didn't have to adjust the upper flipper alignment. i have had to do that with quite a few NIB games, when either they were visibly out of alignment, or something just felt "off" about the shots. most recently, early run Jurassic Park was a good example of that. the flippers, at rest, were much higher that the ball lane guides, and the ramps just weren't intuitive. i adjusted after 1 game, to how they traditionally are positioned on all the games i've worked on, or played, and voila! played like a dream! however, with RaM, despite seeing the video that suggested distancing the flipper from resting on the rail, my machine had a nice 1/8-3/16" gap from the rail, at rest, straight from the factory. also every shot felt right. the issue with making those loops wasn't that the ball was failing to go where i sent it. but, it was entering the shots, and rattling around. almost as if the curve of the lane guide wasn't fluid enough.
-i lifted (bent) the spinner as suggested in the video. after slo-mo recording and viewing the ball behavior as it went around the lane, in most cases, it wasn't even touching the spinner before it rejected. but i did it anyway, just for good measure.
- i adjusted the coil strength of all VUK's, to what works right on my machine. including the trough up-kicker, the re-entry trough up-kicker, and the shooter lane.
- and, as usual, before a single game is ever played, i tighten and check every single 1/4" mech screw. as well as the nuts for every post, lane guide, and anything else that can be tightened (but not over-tightened) with a nut driver.
and before anyone possibly brings it up, the game is spot-on level w where Scott said he designed it. Both front to back, and side-to side.
if you have any other suggestions that you think can improve the reliabilty and fuctionality of those shots, i'm open minded.

Jon, I played your Rick and Morty a few times and enjoyed it. I think one of the understated issues with this game is the length of the curve of the inner orbit wall (it's too short). The curve becomes straight too early in the loop, deadening the momentum.

I haven't received my game yet, so can't confirm... But I think this adjustment here may be addressing this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/30#post-5516996

If you try it, please let us know if it helps.

#11700 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

wow, ok. I've never played w the lane guide screw. didn't know it even had one. i'm assuming its similar to the launch lane guide on Rollergames. i'll go adjust this right now. well, when Boris and Eric Kahn get off it. but will report shortly. thanks!

Awesome!

#11703 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Somehow people seem to gloss over some words. I specifically said “for a review”
The guy does not really play pinball. He is on the opposite end of the spectrum for sort of player whose game play opinion I would value at all. And yes, anyone that takes Kaneda’s opinion on any game as worthwhile is dumb as a rock in my book.
The guy is shock jock entertainer, and not any actual value of a critical or constructive review.
This is demonstrated even further by his review after playing a handful of games. The little value that would come from his review is the perspective of a non-player.
Game is on the challenging aide and I would never expect someone with his limited skill to like it or be able to get a handle on it in a single session where he played 5-10 games.

Yes, I read. but okay, please let me clarify... I listen to Kaneda, and value his opinions (which includes reviews of games, marketing strategy, and other). I also enjoy the Rick and Morty pin quite a bit.

Sure, I don't agree with everything he says, and his every review or take on a game. But like I said, I value his opinions. Games shouldn't just be made for the pinball obsessed or competitive players, so you really can't say there is only one dimension or lens to review a game through. Accessibility is important. Also, the guy knows his shit when it comes to marketing and communications... There is a lot of subtlety, research, data and strategy that's involved, and Kaneda gets it.

Whysnow there have been many things you've written and shared that contribute to the pinball community too. I'm sure you mean well, I just disagree with your carte blanche statements.

#11737 4 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I would love to see what the made percentage of loops are on my Shadow by someone that hasn’t played it before. It would be very low, it’s low even for me and I’m good at it, it’s part of what makes the game great, along with the other low percentage mode start shot. I expect that to be comparable on R&M. Most casual players that play the game at my house don’t even realize there is an upper flipper there and even when I remind them they forget to flip it most of the time. They don’t even know the loop shot exists! Yet they still really enjoy the game.
I think it is a mistake to look at a game with a knowledgeable pinball person’s critical perspective and try to say that a casual player is going to not like something or be frustrated. They are enjoying the game on a different level and are unlikely to be turned off by a hard shot that they aren’t even aware of as being hard, they are just trying to keep the ball out of the trough. They tend to be most impressed by the theme integration, toys, lights and music, and this game looks like it is a home run on three of the four.
For an experienced player, these more difficult shots are great and make a game like the Shadow what it is, known for being a player’s game that never gets old because it can never be truly mastered by most people. It keeps the game from getting boring. I find that I get bored with fan layouts the fastest, so I think this will be the perfect layout for me as a home owner that plans on keeping the game forever. So Kaneda’s review makes me even more excited for the game!

I own a Shadow and would say that the Rick and Morty inner orbit is more difficult. Geometry is just one factor at play here, the other thing is speed of the shot. The challenge of the inner orbit on R&M is that it's from the very top of the flipper, where flipper speed is slowest. This coupled with the vertical (non-curved) wall on the inner orbit where the ball hits makes the the shot difficult.

My guess of what's happening, and potential solution (having played the games multiple times). It's a hypothesis, to be proven right or wrong:
1. The flipper is being advised to be moved a 1/8-1/4 from the wall. This is to give the ball more upward momentum to get around the inner orbit (to compensate for the flat inner orbit wall). This doesn't address the key issue of the curve.
2. When the flipper spaced out, it makes the lower garage shot even harder to hit.
3. Solution: Somehow fix the curve in the inner orbit outer wall, put the flipper tip closer to the wall (almost touching), and hopefully the inner orbit shot will be smoother, and the garage will be easier to hit.

It's worth a shot.

I touch on this a bit more in my earlier post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/208#post-5463422

#11756 4 years ago

Any word when we can expect new modes to be added?

#11782 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

wow, ok. I've never played w the lane guide screw. didn't know it even had one. i'm assuming its similar to the launch lane guide on Rollergames. i'll go adjust this right now. well, when Boris and Eric Kahn get off it. but will report shortly. thanks!

bigehrl how did that recommendation work out? Any improvements?

#11787 4 years ago

Would it be worth exploring (and is it possible), to potentially shift the location/orientation of these two tabs to amplify the curve of the inner orbit, in particular the bottom one? Instead of having the bottom tab be completely perpendicular, perhaps tilt it to an 11:00/5:00 position. Couple that with opening the bottom of the guiderail to max size, it could solve the issue. Or maybe it's not necessary?

TheNoTrashCougar I totally get a lot of thought, planning and work goes into this, so apologies if I'm coming across as an armchair quarterback... I'd rather share an idea and be told I'm wrong, if there is the possibility that it could help.

Rick-and-Morty_tabs_small (resized).jpgRick-and-Morty_tabs_small (resized).jpg
#11858 4 years ago

Will any of these recent discoveries about land guides and improving upper flipper shot orientation possibly result in screws being drilled into the playfields in slightly different locations? Or the placement of the lane guide metal tabs into the playfield?

3 weeks later
#11894 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

Yesterday Arrived Rick and morty number 6 in Germany. Next step is airbrush some parts
What a fantastic pinball, I love it absolutely
Fantastic Job from spooky, the Lightshow in incredible.
I made a little video, without glass and topper in action.

What are you planning on airbrushing?

2 weeks later
#11922 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Streaming Rick and Morty again tonight at 6pm C!
Twitch.tv/deadflip
<3 <3 <3

Nice, have you made any more playfield adjustments?

3 weeks later
#11967 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Makes sense as you would have ordered when they were waiting on their next shipment of butter cabs.

I thought the butter cabinets were being done in-house, no?

#11993 3 years ago

Who else watched yesterday’s episode?

#12037 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hmm...low income folks are getting a $600 "perk" during a pandemic and everyone is concerned about them "milking the system"?
You are "afraid to see what this handout has done and what effect it will have in the long run."?
Affluent folks get to "milk the system" all day long and no-one blinks.

I think the issue is that the payment was structured in a way that created a moral hazard.

#12046 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

one and responding to me. I never said anything about "milking the system". I understand the need for the unemployment benefits during the pandemic when businesses were forced to shut down. The problem I am seeing is that when they made it so that you can make MORE money sitting home on unemployment than actually going

Quoted from snaroff:

Hmm...it's about class, because only low income folks are impacted by $600. I quoted you, because it was a ridiculous comment (not my interpretation of a ridiculous comment).

You derailed the thread by getting on your soapbox about all the lazy people milking the government.

My following comment refers to the way the overall payment was structured, not Spooky or it's employees... It's not a matter of being lazy, I don't think people are lazy - the issue is that people would be penalized for going back to work by receiving less money. Ultimately, this is a moral hazard.

I'm in no rush, and am hoping Spooky and team stay safe.

#12054 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

People are posting in the club thread that they're getting their build sheet requests...so you guys can stop talking about UI benefits and what not.

UI?

2 months later
#12156 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Die at dieat where they f*ing die at...of course inappropiate martialistic. Point is the spooky list is for the lost and damned. Bc herr you can easily flip your spot for a 4 digit premium its nothing to flip it for a 4 digit premium rn 1.5k premium is the baseline not even over the marketplace. Spooky wouldnt allow that over their counter.

Huh?

#12167 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

An enigma code to potential buyers lol. No.
Two points made.
1. if you want a spot the spooky list won’t help you it’s useless. Everyone who wants to get out rather takes a profit for his spot than giving it away for „free“. Spooky just confirmed there was noone giving them back their spot they only got informed of made deals.
So if you want a spot accept you have to pay extra at least 1.5k right now at least. So if the seller spot is loaded with 1.5k you have to pay at least 3k for it. That’s the general market condition.
If you don’t want to pay extra you probably have to wait for a used machine in 2022 we’ll see.
2. if you are not interested in your spot (anymore) don’t be so „stupid“ and give it back to spooky rather take the profit the market offers right now. That’s what everyone did so far. The buyer pays extra for his lacking on December 17th. Everyone was able to buy 2 machines the sale was open for 4 hours so we don’t have the classical blackmarket situation here where only insiders could get a spot. If so the extra fee would be at least 5k.
3. I won’t sell my spot #357(anymore) the latest code announcements satisfied me. I bought a bunch of mods like the mondo figures and meseeks and new parts like fan and lcd screen this week bc im fully assured this game is a blast.

Agree. Everything you’ve said is pretty spot on. Very good point, I guess there really would be no point in ‘hoping’ to get a pin via Spooky’s waitlist.

#12169 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Plenty could change over the next 6 to 12 months. If you really want a game, put your name on the wait list, you have nothing to lose!

I was fortunate to be able to order a spot in December for a relatively low number.

2 months later
#12224 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

[begin soapbox rant]
for one thing, people seem to need a PSA on how to wear a mask. I still see way too many people wearing them not covering their nose or as a "chin diaper" (which is the same thing as not wearing one at all
until we can get rid of everyone that doesn't believe this is an issue and that the virus is a real threat and not just something dreamed up by the left wing media.
although, if this becomes a "thinning of the herds" by darwin-ism, maybe the rest of us will reap the rewards (it will just take a few years
[end soapbox rant]

Please be sure to wash hands for the full 20 seconds in accordance to guidelines before throwing stones.

1 year later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=jonesjb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.