20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iwasthebruce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

+1 for Adventure Time…after I get my R&M.

Well said! I'm currently looking for an EM with a wrecked/planked play field to sand down and turn into Adventure Time...algebraic!

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Millennial checking in! I will be switching these machines off at locations that have them so I won't have to hear the terrible audio they will spew.

Boo this man! lol, worse than the guy with the Budweiser profile pic talking about taste...

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

After Watching the clips posted here. Theres no way in hell Stern would do this theme. Wayyyyy to vulgar with the language and content.
Spooky is definitely the ones to show they are willing to do a title justice when it comes to that.
So spooky was perfect for R+M.

Yeah, but they did Sopranos...I'd say it has the most vulgar call outs of any game I've ever played.

"GIVE ME THE F***IN' MONEY!"

Still waaaaay more excited to see this IP with Spooky!

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Isn't that those chocolate stuffed cookies they don't make anymore?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#825 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

you ever play Spooky's RZ?

Unfortunately, the only Spooky game I have been able to tilt around is TNA. But it has become one of my favorite pins!

2 weeks later
#5280 4 years ago

Huh, I was wondering why I got an explanation of how the game numbers were determined in the e-mail...this explains it...you people are insatiable!
And I am not at all upset with our place in line...approximately 74 weeks away...oooweee! We're just glad we got one.
(I'll add that our order was placed direct, within the first hour of sales, in case you were wondering...)

I'm certain we'll get to play one in the wild waaaay sooner than that, and that's ok!

The wife and I both decided we liked the Rick's-space-ship-garbage-grey over purple :3

#5423 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Just gave my computer a Rick and Morty mod . Should tie me over till i get my game lol[quoted image]

Nice, I got one for my office as well!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5443 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It’s kind of a trip when something goes wrong with your machine at a show.
The first time I walked by one of my machines at a show where the glass was off and a tech was working on it I felt a little strange. I went and watched to see what they were doing. I can’t speak for all shows, but the techs I’ve met at the shows I attend have all been top notch and 100% know what they are doing.
I don’t even bother to go look and see what they are doing anymore and just let them do their thing as it cuts into my beer drinking time to stop and check it out.

Oof, I couldn't watch someone else work on my machine, even if they are a qualified tech...especially without a prior approval!
I've seen too many nightmares, in what is a very short time, from a "qualified technician's" work.

I prefer to meter, solder, and wrench myself! That's the best part about these machines, like a fine classic automobile that is slightly more affordable to work on and fits better into an air conditioned space.

Different strokes for different folks

#5854 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Lol .... you didn't read it did you. It's about life and people.... not "money".
Capitalists .... just as bad as the other extremist dirty "C" word. You guys are funny!

You mean Communists, right? Lol

#6414 4 years ago

Just to help fill in the list, we ordered direct from Spooky, Standard Edition #745!

#6813 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you’re buying this pin, you’re not concerned that ACNC has so many serious problems that have yet to be resolved by Spooky?
Sure, this is your dream theme, but so was Alice Cooper for those buyers. Now they’re stuck with a game that constantly resets due to memory leaks and many issues with the mechs. I have two friends with ACNC and no way I was going to even think about buying Rick and Morty until I saw Spooky could finish their prior game.

Is that what causes that? I kinda figured as much...I don't own one but was playing one on site and it crashed at the end of a round. Only happened once in about a dozen or so plays, but still.

On that note, I work in low voltage A/V systems and I can tell you that I have worked with products that cost 5 times what one of these costs, and they have memory leak issues sometimes too. We had an on going where the processor/video matrix would fail and lockup every 49 days like clockwork. A quick firmware release fixed the issue, so its not an end all be all.

#6845 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

For those that find knockers necessary and nostalgic....what are your thoughts on LCD over DMD? There's no nostalgia for LCD. People like to say it adds more, and is a natural progression. Why shouldn't there be a natural progression that removes the knocker (which has been done, but everyone seems to dislike). I ask this as someone who is not blown away by the move to LCD. To me the only things necessary for a pinball machine are the balls and flippers. Everything else is optional.

Hm...because there is nothing worse than hearing speakers pop to emulate the noise? May just be me, but the speaker torture is waaaay too brutal...I prefer to here the knocker myself, its satisfying to know I hit the replay score...even if I'm at home on free play

All that said, its merely a preference...sooooo...whatever blows up your skirt!

And I like the new displays! DMD is cool (I currently have one) but yeah, natural progression. I didn't realize how much I liked the big display until I got into playing Deadpool...makes a great impact on the story the game is telling.
Although...I'd be lying if I didn't say I think it would be cool for a modern day pin to come out with score reels.

1 month later
#9758 4 years ago

This machine looks awesome!!! I'll probably end up playing it on location [a lot] until we get ours (745 baby!!!). TNA has become one of my favorite machines, hands down...and ACNC is also a fun shooter, but R&M looks like it will be Spooky's best release to date. Huge congratulations to the whole Spooky team on, what is clearly, a super succesful machine. I have no regrets about taking the leap on my first NIB with y'all. Can't wait to wubba lubba dub dub all day!

1 week later
#10695 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I totally get it. Shit happens. You guys have great customer service which is another reason I got TNA. I just wish I would have been in that 95%. When the time comes to sell this game, I get to explain how Spooky has the best playfields out there, except for this one. So how big of a discount do you want on it? Or do you even want it now that I told you this?
I don't need a response, I love what you guys are doing and fully support you. Just venting.
Back to Rick and Morty, can't wait to play it someday

You include that new play field and I'll take it at a discount! TNA would be a nice easy PF swap compared to most modern games, wanna trade me for my LAH?

4 months later
#12085 3 years ago

Wow...just...wow! I just got to play this machine (there's one living at The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo, FL now) on my lunch break earlier today and the hype is real! Well, the hype is real for me at least. I paid for 20 games, got 1 replay and made #1 high score (no gc yet). I'd like to think I'm a fairly average player, usually get to put my name on a machine almost every time I go out, I generally win waaay more replays than that too...so take my opinion with what you will.

The callouts were all bleeped (this is in a bowling alley, so family friendly) but the innuendo is still there, it's still Rick, and he is still brutal. I was laughing to myself like some sorta weirdo while dancing away to the awesome sound track. The theme integration coupled with the soundtrack and custom callouts are such a treat. If I have to nitpick, I did notice once or twice (specifically the beginning of Whirly Dirly) that sometimes the sound level will be considerably lower than the level (volume) the audio was at prior.

Light show is amazing, that is all I have to say about that.

The shots are difficult, but so satisfying all the same! I had a few clunkers going into the left garage, the right inner orbit, and the scoop...but when I hit the shot right (total amateur here) it was beautiful. Did have the horseshoe give me a SDTM a few times, but it normally put the ball into the flipper. The magnet is supreme! Had to figure it out, but it is super fun and a great ball saver once you get the hang of it. The most fun part of this game has to be that pop bumper, what a breath of fresh air from dual slingshots, it is a blast and keeps you on your toes! I know this isn't the first time someome has placed a pop bumper there, but it works so well with this game and makes it flow so uniquely.

The monitor did look washed out, but this does appear to just be a settings issue...someone needs to get a Jerry to adjust the factory settings :3

This thing is a drain monster, but it's still a blast! It's going to be difficult waiting until late next year to have one of these at home, but I can guarantee I'll probably sink a couple hundred into this one in the meantime!

20200625_133129 (resized).jpg20200625_133129 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#12188 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I simultaneously want to kill you, and also be your friend.
Seriously, I drool over that older Bally row. I can smell it.

I love my old Ballys! So much so that my whole [tiny] collection consists of 70s Bally pins at the moment, Rick and Morty will still fit in nicely with them!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iwasthebruce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=iwasthebruce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.