Topic Stats

• 12,246 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210108_020138 (resized).jpg
20210108_020106 (resized).jpg
Resized_20210106_145154 (resized).jpeg
no-stack-cones (resized).jpg
9DC9202A-B308-438B-BDF9-B34C9E7C70EE (resized).jpeg
20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG
IMG_1175 (resized).JPG
IMG_1174 (resized).JPG
DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (1 year ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (1 year ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (1 year ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4390 1 year ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Okay... as there are a lot of people on here that have never seen, or heard of Rick and Morty... what is the one episode you would use to introduce them to the show for an overview. Surely not the pilot. I'd vote pickle rick episode but what would you guys say?

When I was introducing people to the show I would play them S1E6.

#4905 1 year ago

I should've just put through the order with two pins instead of trying to fix it.

Still, can't wait, makes the $$ easier.

#4932 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's extremely possible because of all the click spamming on the stuck website.

This. Those first 8 min we're a mess. I got two in cart then 2 orders in and had to cancel the second. I'm sure there were a ton of cancellations

#4969 1 year ago

They've also said that butter cabs may be done in batches. I hope this isn't a running commentary for the next 18 months as shit changes even more. God forbid some people get the flu and they only do 9 one week.

#5860 1 year ago

I like the theory but I don't think you can rely on it. I can see the one ball not getting knocked over completely, maybe it just makes it to the top of the horse shoe, the computer thinks it's gone over. It then drops the Target on the "empty" side. With the target down the third ball dribbles out making it think the 4th ball entered the horseshoe and the whole thing is off.

#5869 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It would be kind of cool that if there was some logic in there that let you release balls using the kinetic hitting. Say you have 2 balls stacked on the left side, you hit the left side which forces a ball to the right side and it opens the gate and lets it out. Vice versa...something of that nature.

That's a fun idea. A non automatic release multi-ball where you have to knock them out to release them. It could then release the last one when you drain out your free balls. This is going to be a really fun mechanic.

1 week later
#6496 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All major web hosting services offer ways to bump up capacity on demand. Spooky will hopefully do it next time. Worth the extra few bucks for a better customer experience.

I used to be in the ecommerce space and it's not necessarily as easy as adding more capacity. Taking down the database server to add more resources, spinning it back up and then validating the site may be beyond their knowledge. Load testing a site like that can also be tough to do without expertise and can cost quite a bit if you outsource it.

#6502 1 year ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

With cloud systems it actually is that easy . You don’t even have to manage servers anymore if you don’t want to.

Well someone still has to manage the VMs or managed databases It's just easier to outsource the management and no one needs to worry about hardware capacity planning.

My guess is Spooky just never thought the site would be hit that bad. Even with all the hype here ahead of time I don't know if I would've believed the rush of orders was coming. If the site took every order as fast as possible they probably would've sold 3/4 of the run in 10 minutes which is nuts.

#6506 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is absolutely correct.

Enh this is making a lot of assumptions. The slowdown I experienced in checking out was not on Spooky's side but in their cart and checkout which are hosted by 3DCart. Some quick googling, because I'm putting off work, doesn't give any indication that they support autoscaling. Even if they did autoscaling doesn't happen instantaneously and generally works best with a slow ramp up of traffic. Maybe they could have alerted 3DCart ahead of time that they'd need more resources. I dunno, but saying it's an easy fix when we don't know the particulars of the application architecture or the SaaS providers capabilities isn't fair.

2 weeks later
#7975 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Both would be nice. Adding BT is a $5 usb dongle. Then have an optional jack.

It's even easier to put a 3.5mm to BT transmitter on the headphone jack and just use that

#8461 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If it's the most haunted fan club in America how is it also a vaunted international Spookshow?
How about a little consistency!!!

infowars-768x432 (resized).jpg
#8548 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

"Adventures" and "Dimensions" are independent. You could be on a single adventure and change dimensions multiple times.
In general, the Adventures are like standard pinball modes - rules/shots to accomplish, and Dimensions change details about the game as a whole (this worth more points, that worth less points, etc).

The more info I get the more excited I am

1 week later
#9467 11 months ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Surprised nobody posted this yet. (Did nobody post this yet?)[quoted image]

Knowing me, I'll end up back working at the carpet store.

#9545 11 months ago

The callouts, lighting, video, and gameplay all come together even better than I'd hoped. Can't wait to see some more footage tomorrow.

#9632 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's why I do what I do when I'm in the garage.

tenor (resized).png
#9672 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Usually “brick” refers to just not hitting the shot. I’m referring to clear clean hits - but they’re stopping by the spinner rather than going around the orbit. On FB, Bowen mentioned that the spinner position prob has to be tweaked...that’s prob what was making that happen. Makes sense...if that’s the case, easy fix.

It looks like it's actually better to be on the late side of that shot so it gets gently redirected by the lane rather than higher up and straight against the far wall. Smacking it against that wall then the spinner looks to kill all momentum.

Definitely going to be a tough shot but it looks rewarding. The theme may draw people in on route but the difficulty of that shot seems made for people at home.

#9697 11 months ago

Happy to hear that loop won't be as difficult as it looked in the vid. Still seems to be a tough shot but that's good imo

#9771 11 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Remember sometimes a tough shot or a shot that burns you once in awhile is what makes the game difficult and really keep you coming back for a long time in the home environment. That combined with super deep modes is what keeps them from getting boring a couple months later!

There's only room for one pin in my house so this is what I'm hoping for.

#9974 11 months ago

It was smart of Spooky to get ahead with the 15min of gameplay yesterday. I'm looking forward to some more streams and whenever we get a game in CT.

#10108 11 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sounds like the perfect person to implement Jerry's Game video mode. Hit the button, get points.

A Jerry Daycare mode like that after you miss too many shots would be funny for a minute.

#10113 11 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The player is Morty; not Jerry.

Good point!

It's almost like you've put a lot of thought into this

#10184 11 months ago

Let's not propagate negativity for fucks sake

#10461 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Whoever had 2 in their cart during pre orders and deleted one is kicking themselves in the butt right now...

Yep. Fixing that also put me a couple hundred back.

1 week later
#11166 11 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

At least 2 weeks. Only way I know this is because I had a friend of a friend interested in one. You just needed to make an effort to contact all of the distributors which many pinsiders are too lazy to do.

13e (resized).jpg
#11214 11 months ago

Archer, imo, has also been on a slide. The first couple seasons were great and I watched them multiple times. The newest themed ones have been lacking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 36.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside