20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Are those Wranglers?!?

<scoff> I only wear Levi’s, my good man.

#496 4 years ago

I'm a big fan of the show (obviously, I agreed to jump in). I love the sci-fi concepts/stories. The send-up and/or takedowns of certain tropes. The completely unleashed creativity of it. Sure, sometimes the vulgarity can get a bit cringe-y in spots, but that's not worth dismissing the show over.

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

that's great... I don't even recall that episode...now I have to go back and watch the whole series again....

Baby Legs an interdimensional cable bit. They're improv scenes that the animators take and animate with little to no direction.

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

The big issues with cooper are p rock board memory leak stuff. If they iron it out for cooper it’s ironed out for Rick and Morty. And they almost have that issues fixed. It’s not catastrophic either. So all is good. Keep the line moving.

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

It’s beyond my knowledge level of coding stuff for sure but what basically happens is there is a small memory leak that’s affecting Alice Cooper and after a long period of game being on it loses enough memory to bog the game processes down and eventually crash/lockup the game. Until they figure out how to totally resolve it they have settings in some current beta code revisions that reboot the game after so much memory has leaked or after every game to stop a crash from happening.

Just to clarify on this -- Yes, there is a memory issue with ACNC. It has nothing to do with the controller hardware; it's not a P-ROC issue in any way.

The issue is in the way the software handles video and it's being worked on. Nobody is happy with how long this has taken to squash, but it will get fixed.

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

My understanding.
Fang Club gets you choice of Blood Sucker Edition but in itself does not guarantee a game.
So, your friendly distributor is best placed to get you the game so time to get on a list!

The fang club lets you order whatever edition you would like - two weeks before they go on sale to non fang club members.

#1095 4 years ago

It's "Limited" to 750 units; not really a "Limited Edition" - there will only be 750 total games.

The Bloodsucker Edition is a version of the game with several nice upgrades rolled in, some of which are only available to members of the Fang Club.

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Awesome Charlie! Can't wait to see the options. Will this be playable at Texas?

Gonna be in the wild long before Texas unless something goes horribly wrong.

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Don’t forget about Eric Priepke.

No, no; DO forget about me. It's fine.

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

RGB wipes, full-table "flashers",

Boy, have we got a bonus meltdown for you sir.

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Pics of the pin?

Not yet.

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

What if any benefits are the distributors providing over buying direct other than access to their allotments?

If the distributor is local, usually tech support if needed.

#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can you say that? Just beause it has that inline drop target bank in exactly the same spot?!

Also the head around the PF. That's Scott's original proto game in the playboy cabinet.

#2005 4 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

SpookyLuke
"6. If the website sells out do not give up. Start calling distributors who will be able to sell there allotments at the same time as direct from spooky sales."
Do Fang Club members get first opportunity over distributors?
If all 750 go to Fang Club members are distributors out of luck?

If you're in the club, the distributor can verify that membership and place your order accordingly in the 2 week launch window, and for the fancy edition if you want.

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

It would be cool if the ball in the portal was actually sitting in the Vuk so as soon as a ball went in the portal it kicked out below.

It would, wouldn't it.

#2030 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

So uh, you got any more of those distributor lists?[quoted image]

Check the key posts.

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm happy my comment about the light-up magnet core didn't get a "no". Whohoo.

How about this one; it doesn't have A ramp.

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It has one, it's right there glued to the bottom of the playfield.

Glued? How dare you, sir.

#2169 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'm curious to know if Cartoon Network contacted you guys or if it was something you went for. Is Scott a rabid R&amp;M fan and had to have the license, etc. Any details you're allowed to share would be interesting to know.

I'm sure all of these kinds of stories will come out in podcast interviews after everything is on the table.

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

December 24 reveal or sooner?

I'll take the under.

#2295 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

How awesome would it be if the upper playfield (assuming there is one) had a set of in-line drops, or even better, a Danesi lock! Not likely due to the large mech required, but that would be really cool!

What you're describing sounds like BKSOR.

#2493 4 years ago

6783DCE7-6024-4A6D-90EA-AFB0AC43DC17.gif6783DCE7-6024-4A6D-90EA-AFB0AC43DC17.gif

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Where does the left ramp go?

Behind the backboard, drops out into the right orbit above the upper flipper.

#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Has anyone found the Flooble crank toy?

That’s the disjointed captive ball. Hit post, transfer energy, captive ball moves.

#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

right ramp flap is covering the art, hope that will be adjusted??

The game in the pictures is the first prototype. Lots of tweaks since then, including that.

#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

can someone explain where the two rightmost lanes lead?
[quoted image]

Outside shot is an orbit that can either go through the house to the 'garage', or be diverted down to the spinner/inner-orbit.

Edit: totally blanked on the second part - the inside lane is a 180% loopback to the upper flipper.

#2821 4 years ago

Regarding the rules; It wouldn't be wise to get into too much detail right now, as things are still very likely to be changed and tweaked as we refine what works and what doesn't. In an overall sense, though, I can explain some of the larger pieces and concepts.

- The modes are 'adventures' and are what you'd expect from a mode based game for the most part. We'll have a handful of them in the game to start, but fully intend to add more as we go along. Yes, one of them is Pickle Rick.
- You can open a 'portal' in the garage to travel to other dimensions. In other dimensions, things about the game change. In one dimension, certain parts of the playfield may be worth more, or less. In another dimension, certain features may not work at all. Dimensional travel can happen any time. During adventures or multiballs -- doesn't matter.
- You'll want to visit other dimensions to harvest megaseeds. They don't exist in C-137, and they're very important.

We'll be working on the game for some time to come, of course, and we'll be cramming in as much content as we can possibly manage.

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I just wonder how we ended up with no plunger. Those auto-plungers should be eliminated forever.

The way the geometry in this one works, there is no benefit or detriment to a harder or softer plunge. Similar to many other games like The Shadow, World Cup Soccer, or No Fear, the start of a ball will deliver the ball to a flipper for a controlled skill-shot (or series of shots, if you can manage it).

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please have lots of callouts and sound effects to help the player with different dimensions. Sounds great!

The dimensions aren't explicitly defined in the callouts for the most part, but they can give you an idea. Then there's a line at the top of the score display that tells you the current dimension and anything that you may need to know about it.

#3016 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

No Pickle Rick on production playfield.

Will be on the PF, just not quite in that spot.

#3229 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

It is interesting Joe sold out of BSE and not standard I didn’t know the BSE was limited I thought all 750 could have been BSE editions, but maybe that’s only through Spooky Direct.

It's not. Any game ordered in the 2 week window can be BSE if desired.

#3280 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Did I miss the Butter option or is that done later?

All options are picked later. When your build starts.

#3489 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I wasn't a fan of the purple powdercoat and was not expecting so many people to go for the BSE. Now I'm concerned I may not get a game at all, if they just keep selling BSE's and those sales push standards off the list...

This is not a thing. Nobody that bought a standard is going to lose their game.

#3518 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

It's R but you can filter it to a PG version with a mode.

You can actually dial the filtering up and down; because why not. You could set it for 10% unfiltered, and every time it says a thing, you have a 1 in 10 shot of it being uncensored.

#3523 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I love this idea! Well done Eric.

All credit to Bowen on that one. The idea amused him, so it's in there.

#3647 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey robin
Is this the quickest a thread has ever gone to 4k posts?

Says the guy with post #3645

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

What is the 2nd button for on the right flipper? It looked like both right flippers had the same button movement on the gameplay teaser video. Is it really one button per flipper? Isn't that odd for this kind of setup?

Player controlled magnet 'Antigravity Device'

#3805 4 years ago

So who wants to come over and beta test?

Oh hey, i can finally post this picture.

71D7E0DE-3385-44FA-9105-C69AB02102A6 (resized).jpeg71D7E0DE-3385-44FA-9105-C69AB02102A6 (resized).jpeg
#3831 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Green plasma pop cap gets my vote!!!!

Can you do plasma in RGB? Because that sounds rad, but .. you know, single color won't do.

#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That Plasma Pop Bumper Mod listed upthread will be the first thing I throw on there.

Fair warning, the POP is RGB, and we've already got a rule in place that uses the color.

#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I would think Total Rickall would be a no-brainer. It's probably my favorite episode of the series thus far.

There might have been some video in the release trailer that confirms this one.

#4318 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I was just day-dreaming about the Meeseeks options. I love that episode and love the possibilities it brings to this machine.

Daydreaming too much about how you think it should be is just setting yourself up for disappointment if it doesn't exactly match what you're thinking.

I can tell you that there is a messeeks box - it's the target on the right side below the upper flipper. We're currently using the meeseeks as a value multiplier (aka, they help you get more points). When you spawn one, it appears on a shot and that shot is worth more. How much more depends on how many meeseeks are 'live'. Then if they stay alive for too long, they 'go bad' and change color, and now that shot is worth LESS, not more, because they're salty and just wanna die.

That's just where it's at right now. Everything subject to change of course, and there are some plans on paper for more to do with the meeseeks that haven't been implemented yet.

#4323 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is that what the counter at the bottom is? To count live meseeks?

No. numeric display at the bottom is ball save like TNA. Numeric display at the top is used for adventures, in various ways.

#4335 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

epthegeek spookyluke What are the odds that it is going to have CO-OP and team multiplayer?

Not aiming at co-op for launch. Given that it's a mode based game, it didn't seem as important to prioritize. Always a possibility later though.

#4339 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don’t know why I’d be downvoted. I said sorry if I missed anything, Is there something more I should have said?

Yeah, I'm not sure why the pile on. I'm the guy building the code. Design of things is a team effort, lead by Bowen, and I do the implementation.

#4348 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Do we know how many balls are in this game?

Five.

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

there may be opportunities to continuously add dimensions with fun and creative rules

That's the plan. Though, at least so far, the dimensions alter the game, but don't have a lot of interactive rules of their own.

Quoted from jonesjb:

-Imagine a water world where all lights pulsates blue and cyan

There is a water world dimension, with an animated blue light show and it's own music -- but as mentioned, thus far, the dimensions aren't interactive (ie: shoot shots to stay alive)

Right now, the dimensions fall into three basic groups: Points increased somehow (Ramps 2x, Spinner 3x, etc), Game function affected (Pop bumper disabled, flipper function altered) and Feature/Fun dimensions that just do fun/silly things - like Water world.

All subject to change, of course.

#4579 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballphotos:

A reverse dimension, where the right flipper bottom activates the left one and the left does the right one. All targets will deduct points instead of gaining but the right combination of ramps will grant you double points. The lights are off on the playfield...but starts turning on once you hit the same target that will take the points off.

There are already dimensions that alter flipper behavior - but they don't pile on all of this sadistic nonsense. Cripes. Are you doing ok? Can we help?

#4685 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Trying to view the launch video again and it’s giving me a YouTube “Video Unavailable - removed by user” message. Anyone else getting this?

There was a small error in the original video so it had to be re-uploaded.

#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

epthegeek: What's the chance of getting a time-of-day based family mode setting, for locations which are open to all ages during daytime, but only to adults in the evening?

Shouldn't be a problem. Bowen actually already has this on the wish list, but it is not implemented yet - mostly because I don't have a production game with the right CPU in it to incorporate and test setting the time & date in the service menu.

tldr; That's the intent, but maybe not right at launch.

#4704 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I wonder if it will pre-stage one (or more) balls in the secondary portal trough before or after a game, similar to how STTNG works?

Due to some design decisions, it can't re-stage un-attended like Star Trek does. Instead, should the portal ever become empty for any reason, the next time a ball enters the portal it is held and a fresh one is immediately launched via the shooter lane. Portals man. Sometimes they lead to a place you weren't expecting. Then you have to recalibrate your gun.

#4720 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Couldnt you just put 2 balls in there then?

It still has to be able to correct if it's ever empty. When most people set up their game, they're just going to dump the balls in the main trough, regardless of how many should be where.

In general use, it shouldn't end up un-staged unless something goes wrong.

#4729 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Have that as a Rick callout whenever it happens, and suddenly that's a feature.

If only we had some stuff recorded about 'adjusting my balls'. Oh wait.

#5242 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub seems obvious

Bruh; Wubba lubba dub club

#5298 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The minute I heard the theme music in the promo video is when I decided to purchase.

The first cut of the teaser was done without any voice over and you could really hear the music. It gets a little lost among all the callouts. Which is good and bad I guess.

#5314 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can’t figure how it’ll lock 2 on each side. Only 2 drop targets correct?

I can't either, and I'm the one that would have to build the logic to make that happen.

Three in the lock is not as much of a problem, but to get to 4 we'd have to have 3 on one side for at least some amount of time and then the game wouldn't know where that ball is, which is always bad.

So, yeah, there are 4 detectable ball positions in the thing; but filling all of them would be problematic. Sorry Scott.

#5472 4 years ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

Hey epthegeek may not be able to reveal or may not be able to with the song licensing but how about a “purge” mode with Toni Tony Tone - it feels good. Just seems like a good frenzy mode. Anybody else agree with that? Honestly all the number stuff aside I really want to know modes and things like that. I’m uber excited to play this game.

Can’t really comment on licensing; but there is a purge ‘adventure’

#5522 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

any story behind the HHP cabinet

When Scott needed a wooden box to put his whitewood in, Charlie printed an amusing sticker to put on it. The end.

#5762 4 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

epthegeek: What's the chance of getting a time-of-day based family mode setting, for locations which are open to all ages during daytime, but only to adults in the evening?

Circling back to this one; This is all in the code now.

There's a quick toggle on the front page of the service menu (Enter service menu and hold the launch button and it will swap between your current setting and "off")

AND

There's also a time based option you can turn on and then set a START and END time. In between START and END, the swearing is forced to OFF, outside of that, it goes to whatever your current setting is for the filter.

#5903 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Its not like you are going to want to change dimensions over and over, so you will most likely avoid it until you need it.

Ah, but you WILL want to.

Quoted from metallik:

Unless the dimensions are stackable...

They are not.

Quoted from Zablon:

Does the game have UV lighting?

No. And Pickle Rick isn’t going far; just not exactly where he is on that prototype.

#5934 4 years ago

So do you load a ball in the second trough at setup or does it auto launch one into the portal ala tz gumball to get you setup?
Whats with the shooter lane groove on the portal orbit shot?

It can’t auto-stage. If there is ever a point where the stage ball is missing, the next ball in the portal will get held and a new one is launched. Shouldn’t be a common occurance.

The groove at the top is just a gutter to help balls not stall/get stuck.

1 week later
#6749 4 years ago

Some detail on the 'family mode' filtering.

Some of the callouts are just something you wouldn't want to say in front of children; like the masturbation joke Scott's mentioned in some interviews. It's not REALLY cursing, it's just not family friendly really. In those cases, the filter replaces that line with an alternate.

For lines that just have cursing in them, most of the time the 'clean' version is just 'bleeped' like it does on TV.

In a very small number of cases, the cursing is clearly separated from the other words and it just gets removed for the clean one.

And this bit I posted before:

There's a quick toggle on the front page of the service menu (Enter service menu and hold the launch button and it will swap between your current setting and "off")

AND

There's also a time based option you can turn on and then set a START and END time. In between START and END, the swearing is forced to OFF, outside of that, it goes to whatever your current setting is for the filter.

This is the front page of the service mode - shows the Current active setting and details:
timed_off (resized).pngtimed_off (resized).png

This is the time frame editor utility:
updated (resized).pngupdated (resized).png

#6961 4 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Weird al needs permission to profit from the parodies. Look into what happened with gangster paradise or a different group and poolock from polona.

Actually he doesn’t. He always asked first but was not legally obligated to do so.

#7037 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I wonder what the Rick target above the Summer,Beth and Jerry target is for.
Kinda weird that its the only shot without an insert.
Maybe Rick will just rant at you for hitting him.

BURGERTIME!

#7053 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Aaand that's the way the news goes.
Are we "collecting" catchphrases?

Oh they’ve already been collected.

#7151 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

is it possible to have the START end END time chance the swearing to a lower %? say 40% during the day and 100% after 9PM? all or nothing seems a bit harsh

No, sorry. The time based override only handles changing it from your chosen setting to "OFF"; it doesn't toggle back and forth between 2 custom settings.

#7189 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When can we start the club thread?

When somebody has a game.

Wait .. I have a game.

It's the janky whitewood; but it's a game!

#7193 4 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

I'll give you $50 for it....

Seems reasonable.

#7217 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m curious how the insert will indicate whether a Megaseed or Meeseek is lit. How does this work?

Solid 'Meeseeks blue' for a fresh meeseeks, Purple-ish for an "old" meeseeks that wants to die.

Megaseeds flash an orange-ish color, over the top of a meeseeks if necessary; but megaseeds can also be on other things without a dedicated insert (targets, pop bumper).

#7523 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why are we worried about the protecting the flooblecrank? What’s the difference between the ball hitting a metal post and hitting a metal captive ball?

This is the key point. It's a smooth, round thing. Not a flat/sharp edge.

#7582 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Megaseeds are Bonus, and each collects 5% of your score at the end of the ball!
I guess that means that if you collected 20 megaseeds then end of ball Megaseed Bonus value, would be 100% of your score

This guy maths.

#7587 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yep so 20 seeds is 100% boost, similar to a 2x multiplier and it carries over to remaining balls.

Imagine how much it's going to suck if you tilt during a really good ball if you're that high on seeds.

#7675 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Yah - I noticed his programming studio for R&M looks like it's in his bedroom. So no doubt we are in good hands.

That was only when I had to keep it secret (we host a local casual league). It's in the basement with the rest of the pins now.

#7872 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Would Spooky make this an option?

It is an option.

#7912 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am bummed that the top of the Rick and Morty logo is getting cut off by the coin door. They really should fix that.

Both of those pictures are of the prototype game - the logo is a bit lower on the final cabinets.

#7963 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but do we think the spaceship toy on a spring is active? Is there a solenoid/mech underneath that makes it shake?

There is.

#8279 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

means it is possible to have 4 locked balls

No. That won’t happen.

#8315 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

The prototype is rough with many hacks and tape

Tom and Jeremy came over and played the white wood, not the production prototype. Calling it a prototype is unfair to the actual prototype.

#8464 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I just show up uninvited...[quoted image]

That guy doesn't have one yet.

#8520 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This could work .[quoted image]

Seems like you might be able to mod this into a pretty sweet cup-holder somehow.

#8547 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

You're right, I was figuring an adventure per dimension but I suppose adventures could span multiple dimensions. Really excited to see this executed and eventually play it.

"Adventures" and "Dimensions" are independent. You could be on a single adventure and change dimensions multiple times.

In general, the Adventures are like standard pinball modes - rules/shots to accomplish, and Dimensions change details about the game as a whole (this worth more points, that worth less points, etc).

#8683 4 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Strobe dimension!

I prefer the monochrome dimension to the Strobe dimension.

#8778 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Damn.... This guy in the comments [quoted image]

I look forward to that guy starting his own company so he can right these terrible injustices.

#8788 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

How do you have the time to read and reply in this thread? I thought Charlie had you locked in a room with an empty folgers can to pee in so you can code without distractions? Did I get bad information?

Um ... it’s compiling?

Anybody wanna come over and bug hunt? I’m kinda burnt.

#8798 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Eric should bring the game to trilogy, bug hunt all night

The janky white wood wouldn’t survive the move, probably.

#8824 4 years ago

Random on topic something:

My favorite callout in the game so far: "Nice, a pair of Mortys. I could carve each of you out and make shoes."

Favorite dimension ... SO FAR ... Underwater Dimension.

/Back to work

#8829 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Is there a way the player can control which dimension they will enter? Seems important from a strategic standpoint to control which "benefits" are enabled at which times to maximize success!

No, it happens during active gameplay, no time to stop and pick one. I'm guessing for 'tournament' settings will be handled differently, but we haven't hammered that out yet.

#8867 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

What's the latest speculation on when games will start being built/shipping?

They so very much already started building.

Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Ricks voice : "One screw turns,...an TWO screw turns......"

I wonder how often this comes up on the line.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Wow, found this gem in a 5 year old thread. Funny how things work out sometimes!

Very much a fan of the show looooong before this project was a thing, it's true. Scott had been saying for some time (started during TNA production) that he didn't want to program his next game and I should do it. It was always very much a "ha ha, yeah, right, sure" -- then when there actually was a next game, and I found out what it was going to be, there was no keeping me away from it. I HAD to do everything I could to help the game come out the best it can.

Quoted from Whysnow:

you neglected to quote the hint for the next title...

5 years ago the current game wasn't even a thing, how the hell would I be talking about the one after that? heh.

#9067 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Lighted speaker kit is a popular upgrade! Only 1 of 10 not lighted in this photo.[quoted image]

That one that isn't lit has a "your upgrade is complete, remove the USB and restart your game" screen on it - so, they might be in there and off.

#9077 4 years ago

knocker dimension, guaranteed to wake your (neighbor's) children up

Hmmmm......

#9145 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It would be cool if the portal starts spinning only when it’s been charged and activated in game in the garage.

Nailed it.

Edit: Also, there's a "portal" lightshow in attract mode on the PF and the topper runs during that (optional).

#9179 4 years ago

Looks like one of the Poor Men (Poor Man's Pinball Podcast) got a chance to play, said the shots are awesome (after Kaneda reported hearing that they're "t-i-g-h-t"), sling/bumper is nasty, and music is "FUCKING GREATAMAZING". Hopefully they get a podcast together talking about it, I'm pumped.

Drew also played the whitewood, like Jeremy and Tom who've checked in previously. It's a bit rough, naturally, but still fun. The production playfields shoot better than the thing I have.

#9181 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

whine, whine, whine

#firstworldproblems

#9289 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is before the TNA sharpie art prototype at TPF, before the Spooky agreement to make the game. So the history is certainly there.

Just so you’re not rewriting history, the debut of the ‘sharpie art prototype’ was at expo in Chicago. That’s where it caught attention; that’s where the spooky deal started. Jack did not stream it before those things happened.

#9470 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Surprised nobody posted this yet. (Did nobody post this yet?)[quoted image]

I'm surprised you posted it without any mention of where it came from. Jeff Parsons of the Pinball Players podcast is the narrator for "Roy: A Life Well Lived".

Quoted from kermit24:

Looks like the last two digits of the score represents the number of adventures completed.

Nope.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Or maybe dimensions traveled?

Negatory.

Quoted from garretswinning:

So you would match by dimiesnsions visited? Would be interesting

No sir.

Quoted from stevevt:

If it's like the TNA match, it would ignore the last 2 digits.

This.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Looks like it would ignore the last digit and match on tens and hundred. In this case 40

But then what if you had x15? or x23?

#9480 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

All this was just a guess I'm probably wrong.

Yes, unfortunately. But A+ for effort.

Quoted from algorhythms:

Number of megaseeds collected?

There we go.

#9494 4 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

this post is worthless without a link!

#9512 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wasn't sure from the video did we ever actually see different dimensions?

There's a dimension shift when Charlie starts Pickle Rick. (Portal Lampshow) (Green GI - means "this dimension makes something worth more") .. then when the portal gun drains, it "portals" back to C-137.

Edit: Link to that point -

#9536 4 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Whoa. Pop bumper on the left eh? So no post-passes from there I guess. Interesting...

au contraire ...

#9787 4 years ago

When you travel to a positive points modifier dimension and the main gameplay theme subtly shifts to a bit more amped up version .....

patcha (resized).jpgpatcha (resized).jpg

#9789 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

After watching the video more time then I like to admit. Is there anyway to shoot it into the garage from the lower right flipper?

No. Your options are: Post pass to the left, or shoot the left ramp, which feeds the upper right.

#9792 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Am I seeing this wrong? The left orbit doesn't go to the garage? It's fed from the left ramp?

You can't shoot into the far left garage shot from the LOWER right flipper, only the upper right flipper. So if you're on the lower right, you have to get to the upper, and the option for that is the left ramp.

#9801 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Or back hand the feed next to right ramp, that brings ball to upper right flipper.
or tap pass to left flipper and hit right orbit

Or fire it at the pop like a man and hit the rebound on the fly.

#9837 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Epthegeek: What is the reason that the Morty Adventure card starts with 4 adventures already lit? Is that permanent, adjustable, or a placeholder until more adventures are coded in? Awesome job btw! Also, what is the target across from the Squanchy for?

Adjustable; yes.
Placeholder; CURRENTLY mostly yes.

Things are still very much fluid at this point, but the amount of adventure card bits filled in at the start is adjustable so that you can set (at least to some degree) how far away you want the 'end' of that to be.

#9849 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What is the stream on?

https://www.adultswim.com/streams

It's the next Show up after Fishcenter.

#9908 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Libtech, I said if someone wants out, not profit! I will gladly pay the same amount as the desposit.

This is like saying "I'll take the supreme (thing) off your hands for retail price".

#9965 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Are there more multiball modes than the one we've seen?

Is ‘there will be’ a good enough answer?

#10098 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would rate this pin 9.9 , I would give it a 10 if it had a video mode . I love a good video mode , lots of people don't like video modes but I think it just adds to the whole game experience .

The guy programming the game hates video modes with the burning fire of a thousand suns; so the outlook isn't great.

#10111 4 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

A Jerry Daycare mode like that after you miss too many shots would be funny for a minute.

The player is Morty; not Jerry.

#10232 4 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

Jerry mode where all the video mode fans get to pop balloons would be hilarious. Make it worth zero points

Was just about to post this; thunder stealer.

#10234 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No, make it worth negative points. Reward letting it time out.

I figured it would have to have an option to just bail instead.

Note: I’m still not planning on actually making this

#10256 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So how do the Meeseeks work in this game, and what do they do, generally?

They're not totally locked down yet.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Add a ball.
Its really well done.

This is wrong. Add-a-ball in multiball is done with the flooble crank.

Quoted from Palmer:

Meeseeks are also timed multipliers on shots that decrease the longer it takes to hit that shot...to the point where the shot is worth less than normal.

This is sort of what they do now. Specifically:

- If there is a meeseeks on a shot, that shot is multiplied or divided
- If it's a "good" meeseeks, it's value X (the number of active meeseeks)
- If it's a "bad" meeseeks (been alive too long) it's value / (the number of active BAD meeseeks)

Current values are shown on the multiplier square inserts in the middle above the flippers, with the good and the bad indicated by color (good = Blue, Bad = Purple).

Also, during Roy, the meeseeks does a little something else.

NOTE: This is just how they CURRENTLY work, everything is still sort of fluid rules wise at this point. Everything subject to possible change.

#10267 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Your Meeseeks rules sound great, any possibility on a Meeseeks Frenzy Multiball epthegeek?

Well, it's not called that.

Quoted from Zablon:

I kind of assumed this would be a given.

Your assumption will be correct, it's just not in there yet.

#10308 4 years ago

I KIND OF wish they would have stuck the moving portal in the backbox ala blackhole with an infinity mirror.

Sounds like a great mod idea. Could just repurpose the topper motor.

#10391 4 years ago

Here's the current way the diverter works:

The right orbit will 'always' divert UNLESS:
- There is something lit in the garage and allowed from the right orbit (Portal for dimension, Super JP in the main multiball)
- You very recently rolled over the left in-lane switch (for looping)
- There is an adventure rule that prevents the divert (Whirly Dirly does this, again for looping)

You get 1 super jackpot per multiball from the right orbit, after that, it will divert.
There's a set number of dimension changes that are allowed from the right orbit, after that you'd have to use the garage - this is adjustable.

And again, this is just how it works NOW. Things may change.

#10686 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When does the club thread open?

Saturday at noon?

#10855 4 years ago

"If" ... are you new to the internet, Frank?

3 weeks later
#11548 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

ST has service rails, it that an LE ? Or up grade

All the stern games have had service rails since Iron Maiden, haven't they?

Quoted from bigd1979:

Coil /mech count time lol.. lots of the spooky pins stuff is the rgb light boards and wires... so many lol

The full RGB definitely takes a ton of wiring. The grouped lamp boards Stern does cut down on some of that.

#11788 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I do however want mostly completed code with 10 or more dimensions.

There are currently 17 dimensions

/you probably meant adventures

#11795 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

shot is much better now. i spoke to Scott and we experimented with some tweaks that hadn't been really discussed before (to my knowledge). i implemented them, and the shot can now be ripped. Chris discusses them with me in the show that will post later today. if anyone has any further questions after hearing that, feel free to hit me up. i'll try to post some pix later, too.

Similar tweak can be made to the garage rail to make it absorb the bounce and complete the shot more regularly - but I don't know yet if it's advisable to do so. I did it on the white wood and now pretty much any shot that makes it into the opening makes it to the garage.

2 months later
#12066 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m most likely going to put my RaM on location where there is a BUNCH of kids ...wondering if there is family mode and how clean that may be. Any input is helpful!

Violence: all still the same. Naughty evil words: beeped. MURICA!

#12073 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Did I read somewhere that the Game Restart callout is <wind whispers>: "Looooseer!" ? Lol

One of like 10.

2 months later
#12147 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Curious, is the new attract mode flipper press from Birdperson "... considered a dick move.". Can't help but wonder. Lol

No, that’s used elsewhere. The flipper button one is more random.

And I just carved out a few others to use for mystery, reset, and a few other places.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,500.00
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
9,999 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.