New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 256899)

Rick & Morty Pinball from Spooky!

By MEuRaH

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12,226 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by waynetrane
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg
86F056A7-1E21-4BD4-808F-D45B7187B4E7 (resized).jpeg
5E6BE29B-3FF1-4605-B1DC-AEB8F2DEDD79 (resized).jpeg
5144B608-71B9-4E23-88DE-827D25196119 (resized).jpeg
F354F545-7F0F-4745-BFC2-D7F2B54888E1 (resized).jpeg
254F9FAA-E23F-4982-BA39-C5C00FD6DF0E (resized).jpeg
CA484115-F782-4762-A0B8-9E6518EC27A0 (resized).jpeg
C2E297EB-334A-41B8-B080-38EF0A1E314E (resized).jpeg
FE3A164D-037F-4AE0-BFCA-87EC4C289195 (resized).jpeg
FF6BC0D2-EF05-426A-A34F-479FC011E190 (resized).jpeg
09B37974-E19D-4997-B4A9-6D8FA28E29A6 (resized).jpeg
74AA2FAE-392C-4432-BCA3-695A2FBD97B5 (resized).jpeg
96700C97-8906-4F9A-9B9C-7135080B2D32 (resized).jpeg
7AFA7B68-BB6D-4D80-855E-2B9D8B20678D (resized).jpeg
30FB9493-A13A-4DDA-89B2-3A48E05C2CF2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (10 months ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (10 months ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (10 months ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (10 months ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (10 months ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#424 10 months ago

I was at a Comicon about 2 years and got a chance to meet Rick and Morty co-creator Justin Roiland. I asked if he was a pinball fan since he had some pins in MortyTown in "Tales FromThe Citadel" episode. I was also thinking about doing a Rick and Morty retheme at the time.

Justin said he loved pinball and said would definetely support a Rick and Morty themed pinball game. He said they've been approached by a few manufacturers. I believe he was being honest because when I mentioned the name of one of them he immediately said "yeah that was one of them".

I made a post about it on pinside at the time but didnt reveal the name he recognized to spoil future reveals. The company name he said he recognized was Spooky Pinball.

Here's my original post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-morty-pinball/page/8#post-4070986

Good job getting the license Spooky! I think demand will be much higher than 750. Really looking forward to the full reveal.

#684 10 months ago

If you want to get caught up on the show and like supplemental materials, the season sets are a great option. Amazon has a bundled set of the first 3 seasons for just $35.

Each season set has a ton of extra features. There are commentaries on every episode and in some cases extra commentaries by celebrities who are fans of the show. For example, the pickle rick episode has a bonus commentary with the Game of Thrones show runners along with Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) that's pretty funny. They thought the the rick monologue at the end of that episode was the best writing of anything produced in 2017.

They are big fans and were previously quoted in an interview:

"Rick and Morty is one of the funniest, smartest things ever put on TV; every one of its 22-minute plots is more ambitious than 99 percent of the science-fiction films that will be made in the next 10 years."

I agree with that opinion and think Spooky was very smart to grab this license before the other companies did. This show has a massive following and the humor and sci-fi elements are a perfect match for a pinball theme.

#1649 10 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Same timeframe here, ordered as soon as I saw on pinside, before R&M announcement. Got AB-1068 so likely a few seconds after you.

So maybe they started the numbering at 1000 instead of 0?

#1709 10 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

i am member 1101.. is that good? is that bad? i still dont know the value of a schmeckle but i sure hope i can get down these giant stairs.

Slippery Stair will get you down those stairs for a very reasonably price.

giphy-4.gif
#1713 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Didn't say the theme was new... his comment was "But what other Pin in the last 10 years checks all 3 of these boxes?". You are the one that introduced the idea of the topic had to be recent..

If those pins were limited to 750 units total then that would change things. The fact that Stern will make as many premiums as demand dictates takes the heat off the FOMO a bit.

#1816 10 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

After you put down your deposit you are soul-bonded with your game.

I see what you did there.

tenor-4.gif
#1870 10 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Hell, I've still never seen The Shadow or Creature From the Black Lagoon.

You really owe it to yourself to see the original Creature From the Black Lagoon. It's one of the true universal monster classics with arguably the best creature design ever.

If you have access to a 3D bluray player and 3D TV or 3D projector even better as it was one of the best 3D movies from the Hollywoods golden age of 3D.

#1887 10 months ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Roku has a drive in movie channel.
They have a 3D movie section.
Creature from the black lagoon is on it.
Go to eBay and get some glasses cheap and enjoy.

Unfortunately that is likely the analglyph (red/blu) 3D format and will look horrible. To see good 3D you need a 3D capable TV or projector with 3D bluray source and active shutter glasses. There were a few 3D TVs that used passive glasses but active glasses systems work better. If you have a PS4 VR setup you can watch 3D bluray via the VR headset as well.

If you get the Creature legacy series on bluray it also comes with the 3D version of the first creature sequel "Revenge it the Creature". Creature from the Black Lagoon was the only 50's 3D film that also had a 3D sequel. It was universal's last 3D film until they released Jaws 3-D during the brief 80's 3D revival. Lots of 3D info about creature here:

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/an-in-depth-look-at-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-1
giphy-11.gif

If you want to experience Rick and Morty in 3D there is a VR game on PS4VR and Oculus that's fun to play.

#1971 10 months ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

i think there is a fourth flipper in the very back of the playfield

Could it be a diverter?

#1987 10 months ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

What are the mechs that have the wingnuts on the bottom? I haven't seen that before but I've not had the fortune to own a Spooky game yet. Is that some sort of adjustment? Seems like wingnuts would be easy for serviceability, but prone to loosening up?

Looks like drop targets. Wingnuts let you adjust height so top of drop target is flush with playfield.

a-23407 1 bank drop_300x300 (resized).jpg

#1996 10 months ago

That image came right off of pinball life website. If you listen to the spooky podcast they often mention going to pinball life for large part runs so i think a lot of their parts come from there.

Trying to figure out a couple of the other parts in that pic that dont look as familiar like the thing next to the service rail on the right.

rps20191212_145539 (resized).jpg

And the mech (not even sure if its 1 or 2 mechs) at the bottom center.

rps20191212_145620 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4712 10 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Sorry for the lengthy responses.
--Scott

I think most readers of this thread would agree that they really look forward to any of your posts (long or short) regarding the game!

I know you dont have to post anything and are probably super busy on the game so I'd like to say thanks for all past and future posts regarding the games development. That goes for all the other mad geniuses on team spooky as well.

#5312 10 months ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I have a good friend who presses custom vinyl in the INDIANAPOLIS area for pretty significant artists. I can put y’all in touch!!

A portal print design on a vinyl soundtrack would be very cool.

#5321 10 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I can't either, and I'm the one that would have to build the logic to make that happen.
Three in the lock is not as much of a problem, but to get to 4 we'd have to have 3 on one side for at least some amount of time and then the game wouldn't know where that ball is, which is always bad.
So, yeah, there are 4 detectable ball positions in the thing; but filling all of them would be problematic. Sorry Scott.

This mech sounds like it will the swiss army knife of toys. Using it as uper fast horseshoe shot, using it as physical lock, using it as simple drop target shot, using it as a captive ball(s) that can move some side to side. So many possibilities for mini side missions.

#5421 10 months ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

It's not dumb, it's awesome. I took my TNA to Midwest Gaming Classic this year.

100% agree. People acted surprised when I brought my Batman66 LE shows. I've brought it to multiple shows and love sharing it with others. These games are meant to be played and can easily take a weekend of heavy use.

This is the reason I wouldn't get a butter cab. No matter how careful you are, you'll get a few scrapes and dings bringing it to shows. I dont mind the little bits "patina" it acquires by schlepping it around.

#5471 10 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Locks are stealable 100%. I would have it no other way.

These would probably not work right with the magnasave as they have less metal in them. I put some of these in my TNA and it played super fast and looked good for a little but, then they started getting damaged.
--Scott

They look nice as captive balls in some games. Might add a little color to the
Flooble Crank if you put one in there. Hard to tell in the pics how visible that ball even is.

1 week later
#6103 10 months ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Has anyone else acquired their Plumbus yet?[quoted image][quoted image]

I got mine ready to go. It has many functions, I wonder if leveling a pinball machine is one of them?

rps20191227_153744 (resized).jpg
#6121 10 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What are your favorite episodes?

I love "The Rick's Must Be Crazy" episode from season 2. That's the one where Rick and Morty have to go into the microverse within Rick's car battery while Summer is left behind with the car programmed to "keep Summer safe".

If you want to see the "flooble crank" in action this is the episode to watch.

You know Scott is a real fan of the show when he puts a "flooble crank" in the game and its function in the game is exactly the same as it was in the show, ie a mechanical device to charge a battery.

I have every confidence Scott and the Spooky crew "get" the show and will do it justice.

#6136 10 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Hoping for 100 mortys and 50 dimensions. Wishful thinking?

Saw this list online of all the different worlds/dimensions Rick and Morty have shown in the first 3 seasons. I think its missing some though (the screaming sun?) plus all the ones they've seen in season 4 so far (shrimp universe, snake universe, etc). Tons of cool possibilities for fun rules.

“Pilot” (Season 1, Episode 1)
• Dimension 35C: The universe with the Mega Trees.

“Lawnmower Dog” (Season 1, Episode 2)
• A universe that looks just like ours, but dogs are in charge.

“M. Night Shyam-aliens!” (Season 1, Episode 4)
• The universe within the Zygirion simulation.
• The universe within the simulation within the simulation.
• The universe within the simulation within the simulation within the simulation.

“Meeseeks and Destroy” (Season 1, Episode 5)
• The reality in which Jerry, Summer, and Beth are zombie-possessed aliens that Morty has to kill.

“Rick Potion No. 9” (Season 1, Episode 6)
• Earth C-137: The universe in which “our” Rick and Morty originated, which they abandoned after they “Cronenberg’d” it. This is the universe the original Jerry, Summer, and Beth currently inhabit.
• An alternate timeline where Rick and Morty die while fixing the Ionic Defibulizer (the universe in which the show currently takes place).
• A “Cronenberg” universe in which everyone was turned into normal humans.

“Rixty Minutes” (Season 1, Episode
• A universe where humans evolved from corn.
• A universe where people eat their own feces (possibly J-19-Zeta-7, where Doofus Rick is from).
• A universe with violent antiques shows.
• Reality C500-A: A timeline in which Beth is a real surgeon who never had Summer, and Jerry is famous.
• A universe in which bears make spiderwebs.
• A universe where all proper nouns begin with Schm-.
• Reverse Height Reality, with the version of Game of Thrones where Tyrion is taller than everyone else.
• A world in which at least one person has ants in his eyes and everything is on fire.
• A universe where it’s “Gazorpazorpfield,” not Garfield, and Lorenzo Music is still alive.
• A universe in which Two Brothers is a movie.
• A world in which SNL’s cast consists entirely of nonsense characters, a piece of toast, and Bobby Moynihan (who is feuding with the piece of toast).
• A world in which Ball Fondlers is a TV show.
• A world in which “Turbulent Juice” is either a movie or a product.
• A world in which cars sneeze.
• A world in which Baby Legs is a popular cop show.
• A dimension where some people have trunks and are discriminated against because of them.
• A dimension where nobody wears pants.
• A world in which there is a whole store for doors, and an abnormally long commercial for it.
• A timeline in which the Smith family is currently playing Chutes and Ladders.
• A timeline in which the Smith family is playing Yahtzee instead of Chutes and Ladders.
• A world where people have hamsters living inside their butts.

“Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind” (Season 1, Episode 10)
• A dimension in which Rick and Morty are cowboys.
• A dimension where Rick is the “scientist formerly known as Rick,” and he was murdered.
• A dimension where Rick and Morty are green aliens with three eyes.
• The dimension where the Council of Ricks meet.
• The dimension where pizzas eat people.
• The dimension where phones eat chairs, and pizzas are chairs.
• The dimension of weird dodo birds (incidentally, this is the universe that proves Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls cross over, so Gravity Falls, Oregon, could be considered yet another Rick and Morty universe). Also known as the “Doopidoo” dimension.
• The dimension where chairs sit on people, use pizzas as phones, and eat phones as pizzas.
• The dimension where everything is made of butts, farts, toilets, and toilet paper. Also known as “Buttworld.”
• Greasy Grandma World, a dimension that’s filled with grease and “a whole lot” of grandmas.
• J19-Zeta-7, the dimension where Doofus Rick lives. In this dimension, Rick never had kids, so he was forced to use a Morty from…
• A dimension in which everyone looks like Eric Stoltz in Mask.
• A dimension in which Rick, controlled by a genius version of Morty, has a scar and invented the slow-clap (this is the dimension with the Morty human shield).

“Ricksy Business” (Season 1, Episode 11)
• The dimension with the giant testicle monsters and Calaxia crystals.

“A Rickle in Time” (Season 2, Episode 1)
• The Uncertainty Timelines: Dozens of timelines created by slight uncertainties in the wake of time having been frozen for a long period.
• The Fourth Dimension, where the time-traveling testicle is from.

“Mortynight Run” (Season 2, Episode 2)
• The universe inside Roy.
• An interdimensional asteroid that houses Jerryboree.
• The Promethean Nebula (the dimension “Fart” is from).
• A universe where Beth remarries a man named Paul Fleischman, who doesn’t overstep his bounds as Morty’s stepfather.

“Get Schwifty” (Season 2, Episode 5)
• A universe in which giant heads gather planets to compete in an interdimensional music competition.
• Alpha-Betrium, where Ice-T is from.

“The Ricks Must Be Crazy” (Season 2, Episode 6)
• A version of Earth with a Ball Fondlers movie franchise, giant telepathic spider, 11 9/11s, and the best ice cream in the multiverse.
• The Mini-Verse.
• The Micro-Verse.
• The Tiny-Verse.

“Big Trouble in Little Sanchez” (Season 2, Episode 7)
• Nuptia 4, the galaxy’s best couples-counseling institute.

“Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate” (Season 2, Episode
• The Eyehole Dimension.
• A world where there’s eight Jan-Michael Vincents and 16 quadrants.

“Rickmancing the Stone” (Season 3, Episode 2)
• A post-apocalyptic world where a “boom boom” destroyed modern society.

“Rest and Ricklaxation” (Season 3, Episode 6)
• A world that traps the toxic parts of Rick and Morty’s personalities.

“The Ricklantis Mixup” (Season 3, Episode 7)
• A dimension where Atlantis exists.
• A dimension that’s filled with blenders.

“Morty’s Mind Blowers” (Season 3, Episode
• A universe filled with M.C. Escher–esque staircases where Rick and Morty find a Truth Tortoise.
• Morty’s Menagerie: A world where a giant alien imprisons Rick and Morty in a living zoo.
• An afterlife for dead Floop Floopians.
• Venzenulon 9: A world where the temperature drops below 300 degrees every night.
• A universe where “house hunters” track, shoot, and kill sentient houses.

“The ABCs of Beth” (Season 3, Episode 9)
• The Dimension Without Daylight Saving Time.
• Froopyland, a world that Rick invented for a young Beth.

#6142 10 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Are we assuming that there will not be any original material in the pin from roiland other than voice work? No new dimensions, just what we know exists in the current show.

I think they mentioned having a black and white dimension in the game which I don't think the show ever did.

#6433 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you look at the very first pic they posted of the back of the playfield, it looked like there was some sort of molding underneath it. I assume if that is the case, they could do some funky lighting effects there to make it look more portal like. It's hard to tell from the videos.

Yeah it looks like more than just a couple if LEDs in there. From that angle that should be a view of the garage ceiling?

223641cd374c6d4bfec72b9f75d21a2a5d4c73e1~01 (resized).jpg
#6484 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

People seem to not like it on translites. Many people get it on the instruction cards. I prefer the bottom of the cab

I think the bottom area looks the best. Plus if you plan it ahead of time you can make a card that blends in with the surrounding art better. That's what I did with for Billy Mumy on my Lost in Space retheme and Bruce Campbell on my Ash vs Evil Dead retheme. I think they turned out nice.

I already have a Justin Roiland sketch and autograph I might trim it to fit somewhere on the apron.

rps20171010_223904 (resized).jpgrps20181015_203456 (resized).jpgrps20191230_235539 (resized).jpg
#6681 9 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, I had no idea they made a factory one before. That’s awesome! I wish they’d do one for TNA too.

They did make a 80's era style topper for TNA.

https://www.pinballlife.com/tna-hot-pinball-action-marquee.html

#6912 9 months ago

All this knockers talk reminds me of this scene from season 3.

#6955 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a general licensing question. When Rick and Morty does a parody of another book/ movie like they did with Needful Things (Stephen King book/movie) so do they have to get permission for and pay for the rites of that intellectual property or is there a parody waiver? Just curious.

The show makes a joke about this with the "Scary Terry" character who happens to look a lot like Freddy Kreuger from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. Rick describes him as:

"legally-safe knockoff of an '80s horror character with miniature swords for fingers instead of knives".

giphy-9.gif
#6959 9 months ago

Do the recent spooky games have an optional headphone jack with volume control on the coin door?

#6963 9 months ago

That's too bad. Bet they would sell quite a few if those if it was an optional add on.

#6966 9 months ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Hopefully they integrate the knocker into the game. I love how AP did it in Oktoberfest.

Does the knocker do something in Oktoberfest besides just announcing you won a replay?

#6986 9 months ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I would definitely buy a headphone kit. Is there a Pinnovator or other aftermarket kit for Spooky games?

I just looked at pinnovators website and didnt see anything for spooky.

Quoted from o-din:

Never thought about using headphones while playing. I like it loud and proud.

I like to bring my games to shows and if there is a head phone jack installed it gives people at the show a chance to actually hear the game. I also appreciate it on other people's games I play at shows.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Scott,
Is this an option on R&M?
I would for sure use this rather than installing a DBV on route. So people can hear all the great call outs.

Pinball life already sells a nice spike 2 headphone plate for $50 that fits in the DBV hole. Maybe they could make a version of that that plate works with the P-ROC system on R&M?

#6989 9 months ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Yep, during certain modes it's used. For example during Duck Hunt mode, everytime you shoot a duck it goes off. There are a few modes that utilize it.

That sounds very cool. If spooky plans on doing any extra knocker effects during some of the game modes they should let us know. If people knew that was coming they would probably sell a lot more knockers.

#7008 9 months ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

it will be a family friendly environment, i wish there could be a clock based adult mode

Check out this post. The adult mode can be set to start and end at a specific time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/135#post-5390759

#7055 9 months ago

Hears a montage of Rick saying some catch phrases. Not sure what the family friendly version of the last one would be.

Also heads up to the new or casual viewers of the show who may not have noticed. There is a bonus scene at the end of each and every episode after the credits. Usually very funny.

Would be cool if they put a little bonus joke/scene at the end of each game.

#7153 9 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I've been looking all over for a plumbus keychain, but haven't found a good one. I did find a 4" tall plumbus christmas ornament, but that will be a little too big.

ebay.com link

ebay.com link

#7219 9 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Solid 'Meeseeks blue' for a fresh meeseeks, Purple-ish for an "old" meeseeks that wants to die.

Great integration as the meeseeks want to fulfill their task and die ASAP. So I'm guessing you need to hit them quickly for more points and if you wait too long they change color to let you know they've been around too long and will be worth less points.

#7253 9 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I heard on one of the podcasts that the portal can create a whirlpool strobing lighting effect with the color LEDs. Sounds fun!

Yeah I just listened to episode 3 of the super awesome podcast and it had some cool nuggets from scott regarding the game. I suggest a listen if you havent already.

#7274 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,Fans,744 Pins to be made,744pins,you take 2 down,and pass them around,742 Pins to be made!!!! For those of you outside our Country,and for the benefit of those of you who didn't get to spend the summer at Summer Camp,this song originally was 100 bottles of Beer on the wall,sung 100 times on the bus to kill drive time to camp!!

Are you just assuming Spooky is making 2 pins a day based on their 10 pins per week estimate?

I'd be very surprised if Spooky would instantly ramp up production to the steady state goal of 10 pins per week in the first week. It would make a lot more sense to ramp up slowly as the line folks becomes familiar with the unique assemblies and other difference between this game and the previous ones.

Scott said he'd open up the club thread after the first game ships. Since that thread is still locked, I dont think it's happened yet. Just need to be patient, they will be ready when they are ready.

#7298 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

No,Doc,I'm not assuming anything!!! Charlie from Spooky previously said they are building 2 pins a day!! I don't extrapolate what words are used,just trust to the basic language thats correct!!If anybody has definitive answers and knows what the f... he's talking about,then,don't crawl up my ass and state it here,or be quiet!!

Sorry you took offense that wasn't my intention. I think people catching up on the thread might read your post as fact thinking that Spooky has started shipping games.

It's all cool, peace among worlds (and pinsiders) !

#7390 9 months ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

So here's one row on the production floor... of 5 different game assembly rows, all in various stages. Here's also what it starts to look like when the office corner of the shop gets buried in 750 Fang Club membership kits! I swear the wife, daughter, and Sally the dog are in there somewhere.
That help clear up any deep overly analyzed mysteries of how we do all this? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow Charlie those pics are amazing! Must be an awesome feeling to walk into the office and see the place running full tilt like that (pun intended).

I've been listening to your podcast from the beginning when you were just a regular pinhead like the rest of us. Can you imagine going back in a time machine to episode 1 of the spooky podcast and showing your younger self these pics.

#7477 9 months ago

I'm thinking a bright green or blue flourescent glo ball might look good for the captive ball behind the flooble crank. Wonder how visible it would be from the players perspective.

#7510 9 months ago
Quoted from SGSA:

We actually have a headphone kit in the works that will be compatible with Spooky games

Sandra,

Spooky gives buyers the option to upgrade their coin door to one that has the removable plate to accept a dollar bill validator.

Will your kit require that style door to install?

I'm guessing it will be the same type they used on Alice Cooper.
24c6bd3bc3fbcec823839c0d30c23a984eb3c801 (resized).jpg

#7555 9 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

All this flooble crank talk is making me glad the game has no plumbus!

Oh but it does

47691ded69aeaa9298ec25616556a5a57e959329 (resized).jpgrps20200111_180935 (resized).jpg
#7605 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you can summarize, it is appreciated.

The player is Morty ( could be any Morty from any dimension) and Ricky is telling you what to do.

The dimensions you go to via the portal is random until you get your Morty adventure card filled, then you can pick the dimension you want. This is just like the show where Morty gets to choose an adventure every 10 adventures.

Might have game start with several adventure stamps already on the card.

Different dimensions have different changes in gameplay. For example one dimension might have pop bumper disabled while another might have standup targets worth more points than usual, etc.

Collect megaseeds to increase bonus multiplier. I think he said 5% increase per mega seed collected?

Talked about the 1% swearing callout option was an idea he got from from older Bally William's games that had some callouts that were rare. For example in Elvira Scared Stiff, she calls "the bony beast" ramp "the bony breast" ramp on rare occasions.

Was informative podcast, highly recommend giving it a listen.

#7693 9 months ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Looks like free toppers for all[quoted image]

Holy Guacamole ! Thanks awesome!
Thanks Spooky!

tenor-3.gif
#7891 9 months ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Someone needs to have received one so we can get some gameplay footage! I can't wait to see it in action!!

I'm sure once games start leaving the factory there will be an big announcement.

Due to the Wisconsin climate instead of cartwheels on the lawn when the first game ships (JJP tradition) maybe snow angels would be more appropriate for Spooky?

#7939 9 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That looks incredible. I’m in for sure on the powder coat. Do we know if the head set will need the bill validator slot?

I asked that question 4 days ago and didnt get a response yet.

They make some kits that mount under the front of the game if it doesnt have a DBV equiped coin door.

Personally I dont like how those look. It's also something you'd have to deal with when moving a game.

The kits they make that use the DBV slot look much nicer so I hope that's an option with their planned Spooky kit.

If Spooky decides to make their own headphone kit I'm assuming it would also go in the DBV area.

rps20200115_065010 (resized).jpgrps20200115_065042 (resized).jpgrps20200115_065351 (resized).jpgrps20200115_065413 (resized).jpg
#7950 9 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Pardon my ignorance, but what’s DBA?

Quoted from FatPanda:

Dollar Bill Acceptor

Sometimes also called DBV (dollar bill validator).

#7990 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

funny, I much prefer the DBV style! Looks way more appealing to me.

Plus it gives you a nice place to add some custom themed headphones art.

20180827_213123 (resized).jpg
#8339 9 months ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Has anyone heard of anything else on when the second half of season 4 starts back up.[quoted image]

Im curious as well but havent heard anything.

Lots of season 4 imagery in the game art already. I wonder if there's anything in the game art from the second half of season 4. I cant remember if that 2 headed monster on the cab art was new or not.

I see the resurrected birdperson (phoenixperson). He was shown briefly before in season 3 but since he's featured on the cab art maybe he makes a bigger appearance in second half of season 4 as well?

#8357 9 months ago

In the Spooky movie podcast ( highly recommend a listen if you like horror movies) Charlie mentioned going to Atlanta Feb 7-9 for the Days of the Dead horror convention. He said they would also be delivering a game to Adult Swim Headquaters in Atlanta while they are down there for the show.

#8415 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Final payment mailed.
Things are getting closer.[quoted image]

You hear any updates on your games status?

#8417 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

As I understand it, the first batch is being completed. Then a few weeks of QC.
Hoping for soon.
I am guessing that they also have some obligations to adult swim and want to do a stream reveal.
Patiently excited and waiting. Guessing a few weeks.

On the Spooky Movie podcast Charlie mentioned bringing a game to Adult Swim in Atlanta Feb 7-9. Maybe that's the game that get looked at for the final approval from the powers that be?

Did you say what your number was or are you keeping it secret?

#8523 9 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why is Pickle Rick traveling through a portal?

Dont over think it.
Its pickle RICK, just ROLL with it.

http://t.co/ca31My7

#8530 9 months ago

Just got notification from UPS that my Fang swag is being delivered today. Woo Hoo!

#8627 9 months ago
Quoted from Tricyclejon:

Have any Rick and Morty games shipped yet??

No. On the latest "Bro Do You Even Talk Pinball" Scott Denesi mentioned they have a few games built but were still finishing up some software things and waiting for some approvals.

Since all the games are getting toppers perhaps they are still finalizing those so they can ship them with the games?

A few other interesting tidbits about the game were shared by Scott on the show.

#8706 9 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

you can't upload future code updates without the decoder ring from the kit.

Using the passcode "Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine"

#8827 9 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Random on topic something:
My favorite callout in the game so far: "Nice, a pair of Mortys. I could carve each of you out and make shoes."
Favorite dimension ... SO FAR ... Underwater Dimension.
/Back to work

Awesome!, so far we've heard of a Strobe dimension, a black and white dimension, and an underwater dimension. Am I missing any that were mentioned in podcast interviews or other threads?

Keep these teases coming. Helps to keep the thread from devolving too much.

#8875 9 months ago

Jack danger said on his stream feb 1st there will be a stream. We shall see

I didnt see that stream where it was mentioned.

Did he specify if it was going to be done with Spooky themselves or with a customer who was scheduled to get their machine this week?

#8903 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Put a cape on Mr. Poopybutthole and call it a day.

Thats Noob Noob

Noob_noob.0 (resized).jpg
#8912 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

the most underrated character in the multiverse...

He's not underrated in this game. He gets his very own Noob Noob insert! Its unlabeled so who knows what it will be used for.

rps20200127_224757 (resized).jpg
#8919 9 months ago

New longer Rick Morty pringles ad is out.

#8921 9 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Player: hits Noob Noob target
Pin: "Goooodddd dammmmnnnn"

Or if the family friendly mode is on:
"Gosh Darn !!!"

#8989 9 months ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

I think I can afford another 5 bucks on a keychain to hang on the coin door of my new RM, right? [quoted image]

I'm going with the Blips and Chitz keychain. They are the best arcade in the multiverse. I wonder if they will have a Rick and Morty game there?
41wfCPWwy+L._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg

#9059 9 months ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I may not be able to have the topper on my game. I have real low ceilings in my basement.

Looking at the pic and judging the width based on a 28.5" standard backbox and original aspect ratio of the source image, I'm guessing the topper is approx 10 to 11 inches high.

Can anyone at Spooky confirm the topper height?

#9136 9 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think I’m going to customize my topper to use the portal, but replace Rick and Morty with 3D figures.

I had a similar idea if the Spooky topper is too tall for my low ceiling basement.

Heres the one I was looking at, 7" tall.
11411197_hi.jpeg (resized).jpg

You could also cut out the 3d figures on this mount them to a pice ofclear plastic and mount it in front of Spookys spooning portal.

To enhance the lighting even more, put one of those mini disco balls behind the topper that turns on when portal is spinning. That would light up the ceiling and back wall with rotating color effects. Replace all the led's in the ball to.just he portal colors cyan, green, yellow.

s-l300-2 (resized).jpg
#9137 9 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It would be cool if the portal starts spinning only when it’s been charged and activated in game in the garage.

Another bonus of that would be it would give modders a nice clean portal on/off signal to tap into.

#9157 9 months ago

Those look great but at 11.5" they are too tall for my ceiling.

#9184 9 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I could provide a shorter metal bracket if people end up needing it.

Even easier, for those of us with a height issue we could still use the existing bracket. We'd just drill a new lower hole in the existing bracket where the motor and disc are mounted.

Judging by the posted pics, looks like you might have an inch or two of space to go lower.

For people who need even lower than that, they could just print out a new portal disc decal and put it on a piece of clear plastic that is smaller in diameter.

#9187 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I had a basement and the game would not fit in it, I'd put it in the livingroom instead.

LOL, if I did that then the last thing I would see would look just like your avatar pic except my wife instead of a young billy mumy.

#9189 9 months ago

I will actually be in the Los Angeles area for work all next week. Last time I was there I visited Ayce Gogi and played some pinball there.

What do you think the chances are that they will have Rick and Morty there and setup by next week?

#9191 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

You should see my livingroom.

I'd love too are you within reasonable driving distance of the Thousand Oaks area?

#9195 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's pushing the edge of sanity there considering I am in Orange County.

Whenever I'm out there I try to do something pinball related. One time I did the Acye Gogi trip, another time pins and needles (is that still running?). The best though was a fund raiser for Python that put on by pinsider in the LA area that had the most amazing collection of rare games you could ever imagine (king Kong, zingy blingy, loch ness monster, krull, wizard blocks, etc).

#9200 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

We be raging Super Bowl Sunday! And it's my birthday to boot.
The weather's going to suck though. Down to 70 from the 80 we are getting on Saturday.

PM sent!

I think I can handle 70. Right now its 23 here in lovely New England.

I forgot there's a superbowl this weekend. Seems like when the Patriots aren't in it people around here forget all about it.

#9225 9 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can we get this conversation back to the important stuff?.......Me! [quoted image]

That's awesome! If you are getting a game you should print that out and replace the rick and morty on the topper with youself.

#9234 9 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

You know... these C132 custom art drawings of owners are cool. The topper Rick and Morty figures seem to be just plexiglass. I wonder how hard it would be to have the custom art drawings of owners cut out in plexi and put up in place of Rick and Morty in the topper?

Lots of photo places offer a photo cut out product like this:

https://www.mpix.com/products/funstuff/statuettes?gclid=Cj0KCQiAvc_xBRCYARIsAC5QT9l7YVdew3v63TIiuSSuCOsydAu-fYBitojK7LRen-klUglWxEwB99waAi76EALw_wcB

You could just do that with your illustration and stick in front if the topper.

It doesnt need to be mounted to clear plastic and be translucent since the flashers will be lighting up the portal on the topper more than the people. Spooky is just using the same clear plastic material as the other pinball plastics so they can print them all on the same sheet.

#9239 9 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What’s with the strangely decorated dildo that you’re holding up?

I think its Clase Azul Tequila bottle, but it could also be a dildo.

teqla_cla2 (resized).jpg
#9471 8 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm surprised you posted it without any mention of where it came from. Jeff Parsons of the Pinball Players podcast is the narrator for "Roy: A Life Well Lived".

Nope.

Negatory.

No sir.

This.

But then what if you had x15? or x23?

Maybe last two digits are what ball you are currently on?

#9473 8 months ago

Cant be. If you look left to the score it says ball 1 there.

Right, and the last two digits of score are 01, the score displayed was 1,618,401.

This could be a way to distinguish if the incredible score you achieved and took a pic of was via a 1 ball, 3 ball, 5 ball, etc game?

#9475 8 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

Why would we need a duplicate mention of a ball number? That would make no sense.

Wouldnt show the ball number on the high score table?

All this was just a guess I'm probably wrong.

#9477 8 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Maybe it's total number of balls as opposed to ball #. If you were on ball 3 and had 2 EB's along the way it would be a "05" possibly for the last two digits?

Exactly what I was thinking. The score along the day is how many balls you've played so far. So in the pic they were still on ball 1 and probably no extra balls yet.

#9481 8 months ago
Quoted from algorhythms:

Number of megaseeds collected?

That could work as well since we know megaseed collection is a big part of the game.

#10278 8 months ago
Quoted from bkerins:

The game you saw was my third ever game of Rick and Morty. And it started with me hitting the garage twice and starting a mode within 15 seconds.

Well to be fair word on the street is that you are a halfway decent player so it might be a little harder than that for us normal folks.

#10279 8 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

My car is ready for delivery
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. Would make for a nice trio with these two.

EORQ4z5X0AgS7o6 (resized).jpgrickmobile-us (resized).jpg
#10299 8 months ago

Anyone try the pringles pick rick chips yet? I was at the store tonight and was gonna buy some but they didn't have any.

#10487 8 months ago

So if whysnow if is getting #2 (not sure if who is getting number 1 was revealed) then club thread will open as soon as his get delivered?

#10491 8 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Can one presume that the game delivered to AS is #1?

If that was case than club thread should have unlocked last week?

#10689 8 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When does the club thread open?

I expect as soon as you open up your game!

Cant wait for the club thread to open so we can have more RM talk and less whining and complaining about other games.

#10774 8 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay you Pinheads,don't leave the ladies out today>happy Valentines Day to all our Ladies out there!!!

Speaking of ladies, listen to the ladies of Spooky pinball (Squirrel and KT) interviewed on epiaode 32 of The Backbox Pinball Podcast. Learn an interesting tidbit regarding the Rick and Morty topper design.

https://backboxpinballpodcast.fireside.fm/32

#10932 8 months ago

The custom rick and morty backbox hinges they showed on the stream look nice. Makes a lot more sense on this game than the Spooky ghost logo ones.

1 week later
#11335 8 months ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Hmmm. Frankly, army of Darkness/evil dead would be Pinside hysteria. Another sure hit.

Wasn't that the rumored title Ben Heck was trying to get made before he left Spooky?

#11414 8 months ago

Before and after

20200222_175425 (resized).jpg20200222_180400 (resized).jpg
#11416 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The dead eyes bother me.

Easy fix with a few little pieces of black electrical tape. Make sure there a shaped more like astericks vs circles if you want to be show accurate.

2 weeks later
#11773 7 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest taking some time to straighten out the bump in the orbit rail above the upper flipper.
In you gif I see the ball hoping off the rail so it is not coming directly parallel to the upper right flipper.
You ball is taking (the exagerated green line route) You want it to take the red line route so it comes off basically parallel and (depending on ball speed) sliding down the upper flipper.
Your game is going to shoot even better once you make that adjustment IMHO.[quoted image]

Can you elaborate what you mean by taking the bump out? Are you talking about simpley repositioning the metal guide by or did you need to bend it to correct some non-flatness?

#11837 7 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
guy does not even know what the 3rd flipper button does but the game apparently sucks...
gotta love this shit. You can't even make it up.[quoted image]

I didn't get the impression that he thought it sucked, he did rate it a 7 out of 10.

I got 4 kids at home now due to colleges closing early and the anti gravity ball save wasn't obvious to them either until I explained it. Maybe once the code is more mature and they get to the just polishing things off stage, they can put something on the LCD during attract mode to explain how the anti gravity button works. Kinda like how Stern has a quick "how to play sequence" on their newer LCD games but in a fun Rick and Morty style.

It sounds like the game he played may need some of the fine tuning that was discussed recently with Scott and Kaneda.

Speaking of which Hilton, I had a question earlier that you might have missed:

Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest taking some time to straighten out the bump in the orbit rail above the upper flipper.
In you gif I see the ball hoping off the rail so it is not coming directly parallel to the upper right flipper.
You ball is taking (the exagerated green line route) You want it to take the red line route so it comes off basically parallel and (depending on ball speed) sliding down the upper flipper.
Your game is going to shoot even better once you make that adjustment IMHO.[quoted image]

Quoted from docquest:

Can you elaborate what you mean by taking the bump out? Are you talking about simpley repositioning the metal guide by or did you need to bend it to correct some non-flatness?

#11838 7 months ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

For those that have played Rick & Morty and TRON.
Which shot is more difficult to achieve with the 3rd flipper?
Tron (Gem shot)
or
R&M (Garage shot)
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had a Tron and currently have a RM. I think garage shot from 3'rd flipper is harder than Gem shot. That opinion could change change if the shots on RM get some further tweaking.

#11849 7 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, missed that.
Yes, just preposition the metal guide.
That gif showed the ball hoping off the rail so it was 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the flipper before the shot could be taken.
Adjusting the guide rail so the ball travels parallel to the upper right flipper provides you with the correct geometry and plenty of power/angle to make both the spinner loop and garage shot.

I also had the bump. Repositioning the metal guide rail to be straighter and spaced closer to the flipper made the upper flippers shots more consistent, especially when the ball was.going fast (which is often in this game)

In my case, the top of the inner wood rail was right against the rail. I had to take out 2 screws under the playfield holding the the top portion inner wooden rail to the playfield so I could move the wooden rail along with the metal guide down and straighten it. Once the metal guide was where I wanted it, I secured the wood rail back to the playfield. It only moved a small amount so the same holes to hold the wooden rail to the playfiled were still usable.

Also noticed there was a metal post with a rubber ring on it behind the metal guide rail as well. No idea why that would be there since its inaccessible by the ball.

guide rail fix (resized).jpg
#11857 7 months ago
Quoted from gac:

How did you reattach the metal guide to the playfield as it doesnt appear that you can access the screw holes after moving it.

Quoted from guitarded:

Drill new holes.

Yeah drilled new holes. Considering the area is totally under the plastic and not visible I decided it was low risk. It made the shot more make-able for me.

Still curious why they would put a rubber ring on that post though.

2 months later
#12023 5 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

And to think I got excited to see 50 new messages in this thread.
Someone is about to start a new thread/poll asking whether or not Spooky is being mean and unfair. Jeebus.

No kidding. I thought the new code dropped when I saw all the unread posts.

1 week later
#12067 5 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Violence: all still the same. Naughty evil words: beeped. MURICA!

There a little bit of nudity on butt world as well.

Su00tAj (resized).jpg
#12070 5 months ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Is that actually in the game? It’s freaking hilarious!

Try pulling a Deadflip by hitting the start button to restart your current game without finishing it and you might see it.

#12074 5 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Did I read somewhere that the Game Restart callout is <wind whispers>: "Looooseer!" ? Lol

Yup, that one of comments you can get when quiting early. The game isnt shy about telling you what it thinks of people who restart their game.

unnamed (resized).jpg
1 month later
#12099 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

That must be a new design change mine doesnt have a clear disk. Mine has a long thin clear plastic actuator. In o-din's pic it looks like the clear plastic piece that's below the switch assembly.

#12107 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fortunately I was hammered enough to come up with a solution

Some get this man some more alcohol ASAP!

Lots of non pinball problems going on in the world and we need more solutions!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside