Topic Stats

• 12,246 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210108_020138 (resized).jpg
20210108_020106 (resized).jpg
Resized_20210106_145154 (resized).jpeg
no-stack-cones (resized).jpg
9DC9202A-B308-438B-BDF9-B34C9E7C70EE (resized).jpeg
20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG
IMG_1175 (resized).JPG
IMG_1174 (resized).JPG
DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (1 year ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (1 year ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (1 year ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1998 1 year ago

The top pic looks like a button controlled magnet. I suspect the third button on the cab controls a magna save...it’s just above one of the lanes too. Just a guess though. Not sure what the other pic is.

#2133 1 year ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

2. Some will be buying this just to flip because it's limited...

I know this is reality...but with a small company just trying to do what’s right...this is wrong.

#4215 1 year ago

Spooky is so awesome! They just had the biggest day of their company, and two of their main players are on here talking pinball...unbelievable dedication and love (obsession) for the business.

#4433 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

How many raffle tix were sold?

200...$17000 was the goal.

#4626 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I saw two butter cabinets last night, one TNA and one ACNC, and they look awesome.
I'm kinda tempted to go that route on this one.

It’s a complete splurge, but I would encourage at least one in a pinheads collection. I have a butter ACNC and love it!! It will make you want to polish the cab daily

#5923 1 year ago

Oops, wrong thread

#5952 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If this pinball had a major toy in the upper middle area in lieu of a VUK, I would have gotten this pin.

Isn’t the Danesi lock 2.0/space ship/scoop a major toy...on top of that, the Danesi 2.0 is pretty revolutionary. Nothing like it in pinball that I know of.

#5965 1 year ago

I see this game as a throw back to the old, yet infusing modern/original mechs. Not only are the toys cool, but they will heavily rely on code...something that is very modern. I think this game will be very revolutionary to the pin community.

#5979 1 year ago

Not sure what is planned, but sooooo many options. Like I said, revolutionary.

#5983 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

From Scott:
Sure!
The locking mechanism is not that complicated. It is a horse shoe loop with 2 drop targets at the openings. There is a center post right int he middle of the horseshoe. There are 2 sets of optos on each side of the mech behind the drop targets and one set of long throw optos in the front of the drop targets and the scoop. The long throw opto set is there to give the software a heads up that there is an incoming ball at high speed. It's actually a super cool assembly that uses all off the shelf parts, which I am a huge fan of. In this configuration, you can load 3 balls into the lock.
The phases of the lock mech can be this:
Open Loop:

Both drop targets down, with no attempt to capture a ball. This will act as a super high speed turn around from both directions.
Ready to capture 1 ball:
When a lock is qualified, the mech will still leave both drop targets down. A ball can be captured by shooting the lock in either direction. This will capture the ball on one side.
1 ball in lock, but number 2 not qualified:
This is a cool situation, both drop targets will be up in this case and will allow you to transfer the ball from one side to another, or use it as a captive ball by putting center post up.
1 Ball in lock, ball 2 lock qualified:
The first locked ball in this case will act as a captive ball and ball 2 can be locked on the opposite side. The drop will be open and ready for the second lock on the opposite side of where ball 1 is captured.
2 balls in lock:
After ball 2 is locked, the balls can act as 2 separate captive balls in 2 separate locks by the up post keeping them separate. Another thing I was thinking about, but is going to make Eric kill me, is that we could allow someone to put a 3rd ball in the lock by hitting one of the locked balls and letting it double stack on the other side with the other ball. Then open up the empty side and ready it for lock 3. This is just an idea at the moment, and not sure if we will use it. This also opens up other cool ways of separating the balls again into a 2 locked scenario.
There are a bunch of possibilities with this thing and we are working hard on making it as fun as possible. Right now, it is very fun to play and has been very reliable. Eric knows his shit. This is just one of the super exciting mechanical aspects of this layout that I love. Well, I hope that was enough for you guys to digest for a while.
--Scott
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/115#post-5371166

This mech has many unknown updates. I look forward to them all.

#6091 1 year ago

JeffreeStar has a makeup line (I know this because of my daughter... ). He also likes pinball and does have a great collection.

#6283 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Do you think it's fair

This doesn’t make you look good. Standing up and yelling “this isn’t fair” is just not gonna get you anywhere. Spooky and all the Distros have done their best to be “fair”. But, as the old saying goes “life isn’t fair”. If you got a spot great, if you didn’t, someone may be selling one that you’d be interested in. I waited well over a year for my ACNC and would have no problem waiting again.

#6335 1 year ago
Quoted from chill:

I'm seriously happy to have an R&M coming at all. Knowing the number will just help plan for its approximate arrival time. Always other pins to keep busy with until then.

This is the right outlook with Spooky. It will come...the quality and gameplay will be second to none. Enjoy each day, and have fun with what you have. The future is brighter knowing a Spooky is coming. Glad you have a spot!

#6348 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Not exactly sure how that would work... Wouldn't I have to trade spots within my distributor and if his highest numbers are 500, then not much room to trade back. I guess what I am asking is how would I trade my PinballSTAR spot with someone who bought from Spooky when my money and purchase deal is with Joe?
And just something I was wondering, but if someone ordered a Standard from Joe, then it would be in the 700s even though his highest numbered spots are 500, right? I originally was a Standard because I wanted to be near the back of the line. But I upgraded to BSE because I liked the looks of it, thinking I could still stay to the back because so many people ordered it. lol.. My issues are the opposite of most of the people who are complaining in this thread

Contact Spooky direct. Between PinballStar and Spooky, I’m sure they can work it out.

#6359 1 year ago

If the garage floor is plexi...it makes one wonder about a projected image...otherwise they could save money and make it not plexi, just no plexi. What does Spooky have planned?!?

#6362 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I would NOT plan any mods until you see how everything works together including the full RGB light show.

Agreed!!

#6367 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Indeed, dreaming up possible mods for the portal might be irelevant if the production game turns out to have something like this actually incorperated anyway...
Also the idea I had doodled up there is for a Reflected image. Not a "Projection", nor "4D" (whatever that is). The Reflection appears in "nowhere" space (over playfield "portal" hole), a bit like a hologram but not. Just a reflection of the garage ceiling (which the player does not see directly).

If Spooky doesn’t have something, I’m in on whatever you modders have. It’s begging for something!

#6523 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I can depending on who else orders butter. I added butter to my ACNC and it definitely bumped me up.

I believe butters are in house now, so it won’t change your spot much. I do love my ACNC butter!

#6660 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I agree with you completely. The long patient approach is the way to go. Yah I’ve been collecting for just a couple years. I do understand the psychology of FOMO and how the used market works. And ultimately there will be a day when we can find some RAMs in the Bay Area used. The psychological component of not having a reservation, wanting a limited game, and looking for an option to grab a spot is where this capitalistic indiscretion comes from.
But then I guess what is the price where it’s not a big hit to you personally where it’s worth it to get in line earlier for a NIB machine on a theme you really want?
These $6000 asks for a $1500 reservation are insane. But with a $1K markup for an early spot for a NIB RAM - it’s palatable. If RAM is one of the lucky games that stands the test of time and holds its value, then you stand to loose this markup. A very small chance demand exceeds supply long term and it demands a premium. So this $1K may break even.
Anyway - my 2c.

I still find it funny that people see this as an “investment”... this is a hobby of expensive toys...enjoy the toy and move on. If it were a classic car, let me know how you did in 50 years, but to speculate now...not smart.

#6705 1 year ago

Eh, unless there are kids around or people who get offended by the adult call-outs...I say let her buck and bring on the nasty call-outs! Although, it may affect my game play if I’m laughing too much

#6772 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

What’s “interior graphics”?

And, does this come with the BSE or is that extra? Just wondering.

#6776 1 year ago

I’m 6 hours. Picked up ACNC recently and plan on picking up RAM! Road trip!

#6943 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Feel free to waste your time searching my posts for examples to back up your statement. Would love to see what you come up with. Have fun!

You obviously knew your posts are searchable...and there is plenty of evidence that you enjoy causing drama. Please exit the thread...you have no use here but drama.

#6999 1 year ago
Quoted from melumga:

Any official word on whether there will be a co-op mode?

If I remember right, co-op mode isn’t included with this pin. Not sure of the reasoning, but I think this was mentioned by Spooky.

#7003 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Adding to this (from memory)... not included, but no reason why it couldn't be implimented. Not ruled out, but not on the drawing board at this stage either.
It makes sense to focus on the essential game code first.

They made it sound like it wasn’t included for a reason...something with the way the game was meant to be played maybe? Not sure. Really, co-op mode is really easy to program. It’s just essentially more balls per game, just split between multiple players.

#7005 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Reason was, I think, that TNA and ACNC were more linear, or something. I think from memory it was specifically Not counted out anyway, for RM. Maybe it is undesirable to have co-op breaking "continuity" for this specific game. I don't know really.
Hence my original post... " I hope co-op finds its way in there" kinda thing.
People playing our TNA love the co-op/teamwork mode, as opposed to the competition. It gets used alot!

They could just make a 6 or 9 ball game and everyone plays 3. Not sure what the normal max is.

#7036 1 year ago

Looking at the high scores, we are one of the “Morty’s”. Just gathering tidbits.

#7108 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We have not seen a production machine yet

Agreed. Please wait, but in the end...someone will be disappointed, not get the logic, and it will ruin their birthday. I’ve seen it on so many threads on different games. Myself, I look forward to what Spooky comes up with, and as far as the actual gameplay...I’m stoked and can’t wait to play one.

#7212 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Bowen discusses the Megaseeds and how they function in gameplay on the latest Special When Lit Pinball podcast. He says seeds are found across the dimensions and essentially work as a multiplier that adds 5% of score per seed at each bonus.
This got me wondering about inserts... In particular the inserts that indicate both the Megaseeds and Meeseeks simultaneously. I’m curious how the insert will indicate whether a Megaseed or Meeseek is lit. How does this work?

Just a guess, but with full RGB leds I’d expect a different color depending on what it is.

#7214 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This was what I was suspecting, but I wonder if it’s something clever/unique like the colors will fade out the non-relevant insert (As with how 3D glasses work). I’d the light is cyan, Megaseeds are purple and Meeseeks are blank blue. If the light is magenta, Megaseeds are blank pink and Meeseeks are purple.
Or a led that lights up on two halves. Could both Megaseeds and Meeseeks shots be lit?

The split light would fit the insert art. I have a feeling the lighting is going to be awesome and very unique!

#7233 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It’s pretty insincere if PoMC is going around feigning being a victim when it seems he’s trying to instigate.

That’s exactly what he was doing. Some people enjoy stirring the pot just for their entertainment.

#7297 1 year ago

I assume that hawkmoon isn’t being 100% literal. I think it’s a humerus way to pass time until people get their game. IMO.

#7303 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Kaneda posted on his Facebook page that he bought direct from Charlie, not PinballStar. So his early spot must have resulted from that relationship, which is fine (don’t VIPs always get special treatment?) but ideally Spooky would have been more transparent about insiders, pinball media, locations, etc. getting the first games off the line.

I think Charlie has been about a transparent as he could. I think the angst, from potential/and current buyers, has come from it’s success. I don’t think anyone really expected it to sell out in 4 hours. There’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that the general public and buyers are not privy too...and shouldn’t be. After all, this is a business, and the common joe has no right to know everything of how that business is being run. For those that have a spot, congratulations, for those that want a spot, there will be those that want out. I think we just need to sit back and enjoy the ride, and if you have a problem with the ride, get off. All-in-all I think Spooky has done a great job in an incredible and unusual situation.

#7313 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

[quoted image]
Sorry. Couldn’t resist.
rd

Oops...humorous...damn autocorrect (and I suck at spelling)

#7378 1 year ago

Eh, a daily post from hawkmoon doesn’t bother me...unlike the 50-100 posts, a ways back, of knocker-gate. Easy to skip one, more irritating to sift through dozens.

#7389 1 year ago

Looking at the cool photos Charlie put up. The 1st one, with the two guys working on 2 R&M, on the playfield of one of them is a green plastic with wires...could this be the portal insert lighted with leds?

#7394 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Not certain, but I believe that's a multi-tester.

I was worried it was something not associated with the game...it’s the right color though

#7538 1 year ago

Aaaahhh! Please Spooky...more pics or info! The pinsiders are bored, and this is de-evolving quickly

#7692 1 year ago

My wife and I just saw this! Stern SW topper is $750...Spooky’s R&M topper is a “Thank you”. What an incredible company!!!!

#7767 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I down voted this bcuz... I didn't buy on day one. Apparently, there will be some of us who will be shunned for this
BTW: I'm a long time past Spooky Customer with (2) NIB purchases AMH & RZLE
Kerry

From my read/understanding, 750 games...750 toppers...period. Spooky has really elevated the bar and put the customer first...I for one, say THANK YOU! Totally unexpected.

#7784 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Who is going to pay in order to raise my basement ceiling? A wonderful gesture, we now know there will be 750 limited edition toppers made.

I have migrated my games to include the basement and the main level. My house looks like a Dave n Busters! Toppers are no problem.

#7787 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

You are a good man! I have had them on all floors in the past, but in this house.... yet.

Helps to have a wife addicted to pinball as much as me. Old school gamer. We have officially become an empty nester...so the house arcade is on!

#7833 1 year ago
Quoted from Honch:

What possible reason could you have for hating toppers? Low ceilings, perhaps? I understand that they dont add anything to game play, but typically I think the game can be more aesthetic, especially a game like TAF or TFTC. But Usually it's a very neutral item. Certainly not controversial enough to despise.

Eh, his opinion. His games. I like toppers, but I don’t think anyone needs to justify why or why not they like toppers. We don’t need topper-gate blowing this thread up. IMO. Pretty soon knocker-gate’s gonna come back...

#7846 1 year ago
Quoted from TravisRT1985:

Excellent post but why does stern need to take note? Pinsiders buy themes, that's all they take note of.

Themes yes, but more and more I buy these expensive toys looking for quality and a company I like. Spooky has truly set the bar high, and that was before they gave us a topper. They are family run, and make you feel like a member with how they treat their customers. Stern treated me well when I had problems, but Spooky makes you feel like their whole company is thrown behind you to make things right, when things go wrong. Just my opinion.

#7883 1 year ago
Quoted from Honch:

Get over yourself

I’m confused...are your just joking on me or are you serious?

#7899 1 year ago

Whatever the topper is, I expect some to be offended...such is Rick and Morty...”Take off your pants and your panties. Sh!t on the floor. Time to get schwifty...”.

#7905 1 year ago

That looks damn nice...but so does the black...it matches space. Decisions, decisions.

18F84B6E-D2DB-4762-BC84-E78AF8D4757D.png
#7910 1 year ago
Quoted from Honch:

Nothing serious. Its just pinball.

Got it! Play on!

#8066 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

When we were 7 or 8, we did at least as much and maybe more swearing than adults. Don't see why today should be any different.

People like to believe in the ideal...in reality...it’s the realist...which I am...right or wrong. Pickle Rick!

#8150 1 year ago
Quoted from cyberslunk:

I only pm'd the people that asked me for proof and I provided it.

I didn’t ask for proof and you still pm’d me. How did you know who to pm after you were kicked off the thread? Are you taking screen shots of the threads? Are you writing down names? This is all very disturbing to me. Please stay out of anything related to R&M.

#8174 1 year ago

I’m most curious about the portal. The only thing I’ve heard is something with the leds. It’s been very hush hush on this topic, which makes me think Spooky has something special planned.

#8261 1 year ago

Anything interesting with the portal under the garage? Might not be implemented on the prototype.

#8263 1 year ago

If he didn’t notice anything special, I think the prototype might be why (I know he played the prototype)...just looking for any info we can get

#8356 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

People got their Fang Club swag? I'm in Wisconsin, and I'm still waiting, maybe I should go outside and make real sure it's not buried in snow!

If it’s anything like NW Iowa...there’s a ton of snow and it was -30 windchill this am...hoping to get my package tomorrow. I trudged to the mailbox (100 feet) last night in 40 mph winds and -30+ wind chills just to make sure it didn’t come. I can’t wait to retire in Florida!

#8402 1 year ago

If picked up direct and you don’t want it boxed/pelleted, Spooky will wrap it in shipping blankets and then plastic. Very safe and the easy to set up. If transporting it upright...I’d box it, if transporting it horizontally (on the cabs bottom)...don’t need to box it. I use a 2015 RAV4 as my pinhauler. Fits perfect and I can remove it, and put the legs on, by myself with the help of my modified Harbor Freight lift.

#8445 1 year ago

Patience is not my strong point, but Spooky will come through! As whysnow stated, I think they are busy with Adultswim right know. To me, this pin is moving at light speed compared to some other product from other companies...(SW topper). Adultswim looks like a great company to deal with, but all does take some time. In the meantime, I’m sure Spooky is tweaking code and hardware...just making the game better.

#8502 12 months ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Hmph.. I joined first day and shortly after it was announced and I haven't even gotten a delivery notification yet. My drink is getting warm!! I need a Spooky Coozie!

I don’t think it matters when you joined. I think all orders have gone out almost at the same time. Since you live in CA I suspect it’ll take a couple more days.

#8573 12 months ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Butter or not to butter, that’s the question. Normally I don’t think it’s worth it, but I’m tempted to try it. I haven’t seen one in person and pictures just don’t do it.

If this is a dream theme, or you just love the art...and have the extra 1k...it’s totally worth it! I have butter ACNC and love it! Not sure I’d swing for another (maybe), but at least one butter in a pin collection is worth it.

#8576 12 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:Second, the tape job on the ends of my tube tube is all wrinkly and a cheap thin grade of tape at that (2nd pic)

Wow! You’re picky...tapes too wrinkly.

#8578 12 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

ACNC art package was amazing. Butter warranted for sure. On this pin, the art is fine for the theme, not sure I'd pop for another $1K to butter it up though.

Agree on the art work of ACNC...most beautiful pin cab I’ve seen. As far as R&M...that personal preference...some got TNA butter...which I think was pretty basic artwork (although fit the theme/old school well).

#8590 12 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

It’s not my fault that I piss excellence!

And I shall call you “Little Dipper”

E4592BFF-A6CB-499C-B52E-93720E049CB4 (resized).jpeg
#8629 12 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Paid to join the club and they sent a poster saying to join the club?

In my view...this is an advertisement poster. Look at the era of old circuses and freak shows. Those banners and advertisements are very sought after now. Spooky has a reputation of “freak show/horror” and I think this is an advertisement poster about joining a club...the fang club. Even today people clamor after the advertising posters and banners at modern shows (the latest pins, etc) to hang in their arcades and homes. So to the question above...why would I want a poster advertising a pin I already own...many do.

#8690 12 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I never really understand this mindset. We paid to be in a queue to pay for a game. Kinda make sense to get the something in that sense.
Is there a card included, like a Fang Club card? From what I've read, no... Would be neato to put inside a wallet.
A keychain would be cool too. I think that's on the site.

Go to this thread. Lots of pics of the swag.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-fang-club

#8803 12 months ago

I downloaded the AdultSwim app to my iPhone. My Samsung TV supports mirroring. I stream it from my phone to my 65 inch TV. No lag, no digitizing, full HD. Works perfect and free.

#8806 12 months ago

Getter done!

#9000 11 months ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Spotted on the Spooky FB page! Check out them toppers! OOH WEE![quoted image]

Beat me to the topper reveal.

#9030 11 months ago

Yup, it’s an option.

4376FF48-0BF5-49E4-B54C-2F287C32B790 (resized).png
#9032 11 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

is the 'target decal set' just an extra set of decals? (a backup set?
hoping to see what the interior graphics look like before having to make my decision

Here ya go.

AD0B79F5-58BC-4DF2-B3DA-568BD8F86681 (resized).jpegAEFBAFD8-D5F3-41E6-B454-2AF7D5DB7516 (resized).jpeg
#9034 11 months ago

I think once your number is close...but really all you have to do is ask.

#9065 11 months ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

This is the first time I’ve seen this plaque. I wonder if it has an engraved number. It would be a nice touch. Excited.[quoted image]

It is on all that I can see...that would be cool!

#9075 11 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is the real knocker utilized for anything other than Replays or Specials in gameplay? It really is hard not to option the heck out of this game!

I would doubt they would make it an option if it was extensively used. Just MHO

#9111 11 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I will never not laugh when the characters on the show all of the sudden make that face with the butt lips like Morty has in this pic.

I always see it as a ball sack. Lol

#9131 11 months ago

Hi def version of topper view. Motor and at least 2 flashers...maybe more light we can’t see.

2202A92E-277F-48FD-B639-CD73A6AC5096 (resized).png
#9138 11 months ago

Ha! If you look close at the build/ID paper, Spooky is still calling it Haunted House Party.

#9178 11 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I really would prefer to hook them up here to avoid any confusion plugging it in which tends to lead to issues.

Good idea.

#9410 11 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

YOU ARE SO SO SO SELFISH! NO ONE on this site has the RIGHT to tell ANY business what they can or can't do!

I see Spooky’s business model and your business model are different. If you are truly a great business person, you can respect their model...and take their word as what they will do. That is all that the other pinsiders are doing, taking Spooky’s word as the truth for what they will do. A trusted company that I am proud to support.

#9647 11 months ago

I can’t wait! Now that my wife claimed ACNC with the latest score (blew up the score), I need this! This is such an awesome pin! Don’t understand not watching every stream, but each to their own. Watching streams helps me figure out the rules.

#9710 11 months ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

I just dont care for cartoon animation shows, never have. I havent even watched an episode of the Simpsons. Now if this was a Law and Ordre pin, then it would go straight to my collection, lol

I can respect that. And you are introducing more people to pinball by routing them. Keep those you like in your collection...period.

#10035 11 months ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I just watched the SMB show on the Adult Swim web channel. Interesting and Revelatory to say the least. Lets just say that THEME is the ONLY reason the game will fetch 7k or 8k, depending on whatever optioned out version any customer will buy of this game. If this were a non licensed theme (ie America's Most Haunted), this game would NEVER sell 200 units, let alone 750 in 4 hours before a full reveal. I suppose this is old news, but actually seeing the game in action is today's topic, so.........
This game is cool because of theme and integration ONLY. Why? Ask yourself "What does this game have to offer on the playfield which is valuable, unique, or engaging and interactive to the player?"
1. a pop bumper sling shot: Cool idea, but far from original, novel, or significant value added to the game
2. Magna Save: again, a cool idea, but NOTHING new
3. Single Subway (garage to portal eject over left flipper): another cool idea, but NOT new
4. two ramps (plastic, if i remember correctly). the ramps do very little "traveling" or curving, so its kind of Gomez-like in the return to flipper.
5. three flippers (extra 45 bucks for the third flipper, if not less)
6. space ship toy (Kerins said that this was "off the shelf", meaning it was not new for this game, which makes it significantly cheaper than designing and manufacturing a new specific toy for this game only). The toy is on a SPRING (See SW)
7. Horseshoe lock mech. THIS is the thing which seems sort of novel, but certainly not a significant addition mechanically, aesthetically, or otherwise. I will say that the physical lock is pretty dang cool, and I'm glad they got it working well.
8. Scoop in the MIDDLE of the PF. another awkward position for a scoop, like TNA
Considering the foregoing, it is readily apparent that the playfield design is neither exciting, nor novel. There is nothing unique, unconventional, or otherwise ground braking about the design, ball path, or mechs in this game, to say nothing about the true value of any part of it or the sum of its parts. I am disappointed in the layout, and the lack of real mechs or interactive toys on this game. Scott Danesi came on this forum and explained that he wasn't worried about the lack of toys on the game because Modders would come out with stuff we could buy. I respect his honesty, but that does not excuse Spooky from being willfully cheap and refusing to implement creative and value adding mechanical devices to the game. Danesi went on to brag about having 16 opto switches in the game. WOWEEEEE!!! SWITCHES!!!!! that's what we all want more of to make our experience so much more enjoyable!!!! (sarcasm) Why not just include a bag of opto switches for us to play with when we cant be home to play our pinball games?
I really love this show, so i was hoping for more. I am bummed. I have heard it over and over that this playfield is conventional and uninspired, not to mention bereft of any real mechanical, interactive devices to affect gameplay and the ball path. I really wanted this to be Spooky's STEP UP in game design. It is not. It is, however, a fantastic theme integration that they have done. I can't wait to see the screen and hear the callouts. But, we all know, we can just buy seasons one through four to see the show and hear Rick's banter. we don't need to spend 8000 dollars to see the show and hear Rick scream at Morty.
I will hand it to spooky for getting this awesome license, but alas, perhaps the license was too expensive to allow them to really give the customers a robust playfield with more to do and engage.
I don't mean to be a thorn in this thread; i just wanted to share my true reaction. I think any buyer will be thrilled to have this game for their own reasons. My reasons for buying a pinball are at least 65-75% layout and design, which includes what I have discussed is missing in this game. The remainder is a hodge podge of art, theme, and sound. I hope the future owners of this game have a great experience from what the game has to offer. I just know that unless that Playfield gets an overhaul, I am not going to be owning one any time soon.
Best Regards,
The one and only BOSS HOG

And with this huge explanation, I guess this game isn’t for you. Anymore discussion from you will be pure trolling. With that, please exit the thread. Thank you.

Menifee, CA......Hello greenhornet

#10249 11 months ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

there are a whole bunch of fake ones in TNA that you can't get

I don’t know about TNA, but ACNC does have Mystery Awards that aren’t coded in yet...so not really “fakes”.

#10426 11 months ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

Got a BS edition in the low 200's through a distributor for $8,500.00. With shipping and tax I think it came out to around $9,400.00. Not the easiest pill to swallow, but with the low number and I game I really want, I'm okay with it.

A distro price gouging...that’s not cool.

#10808 11 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Spooky can remove the doubt by posting how many were affected and the numbers

Huh? That’s like wanting a car manufacturer to keep track of all defects in every car they have on the road. Compiling a data base, and making it available to the public. This is a crazy idea. Why don’t you just ask the seller? And if you think the seller is hiding something...don’t buy it.

#10812 11 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You do know that car manufacturers do this? as do most manufacturers? batch numbers so that if you have a problem you can trace it and deal with it especially from a safety point of view.

I know of stuff like carfax (etc), but that’s not completely accurate. Only if it is reported...and there is a lot that’s not.

2 weeks later
#11501 10 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Totally get it's an estimate, but it would be nice to see the next wave of owners (after 40ish) report games arriving.

My wife and I will pick up #48 tomorrow.

#11509 10 months ago

#48 is coming home!! Even feeling under-the -weather Charlie helps Bug hulk it into the RAV!

53D028E6-FD8E-4B5C-B7F1-087547F03F29 (resized).jpegAB3422E1-CA2D-4654-9FEB-BC1038C972F7 (resized).jpeg
#11511 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Oh damn finally one in Iowa?! I still got...until christmasish. I haven't heard if any sites around here are getting it. We may be the only ones in Iowa.

Come on up!

#11514 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Might take you up on that sometime!

Anytime. We are now empty nesters and our house is one big Dave n Busters. Would love to have some pinsiders over. My wife is probably more of a pinhead than me!

#11528 10 months ago

Can’t stop playing!! Love all the Morty’s...but some hit a little close to home! The real story is too embarrassing

F8202681-F420-4E03-BBA0-B33C87B65612 (resized).jpeg
#11532 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You can tell us , we're all friends here .
Our Lips Are Sealed

Ok. Old guy, dark room, shit on the floor, assaulted by the night stand. I need a better story...

#11536 10 months ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Hmmm Orange City isn't too far from Sioux Falls and it's gonna be a long wait for my #737 to show up

I think my wife and I may have to plan a little get together of pinheads in the area. I waited over a year for ACNC and even went to Minneapolis looking for one...finally found one near Omaha by accident...We were buying my TFTC from a couple who had Alice. It was fun to play on a game we were waiting so long for. R&M is too good to hide. PM me and we’ll try to figure out a date down the road.

#11562 10 months ago

I had this happen a couple times now. Not just in certain modes either (last was in Total Rickall). The portal was lit and I hit the right orbit, but soft. It made it to the diverter and then dribbled down the left inner loop (spinner). Not sure if this is on purpose for a shot that might be too soft, or if it’s a diverter bug. Never has happened with a strong hit.

And thanks whysnow, adjusting the upper flipper did the trick for the spinner shot.

#11580 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why is this even possible?
[quoted image]

Message spookyluke, he is on this. It has been brought up recently.

#11613 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I have an agenda? Yes... having the mule do its job. That's my agenda. You are the biggest cheerleader pinside has ever known... gtfo of here trying try paint others as biased. I'm sharing our experiences with the game as its been setup and put to work. Sorry its not all rainbows to you.
And 6.9 is not the recommended pitch in the materials provided with the game.
[quoted image]
And no, no small nudge freed the ball. Ball traps = unhappy players. Unhappy players dont feed it. I need the game earning... not making excuses.

If it really bothers you I’m sure you could sell it for a profit. That would alleviate your stress and pad your wallet. Use the proceeds to buy a pinball you feel is better made. Just my 2 cents.

#11658 10 months ago

I own the game. 2 hours is not worthy of a review. It’s one of the early games and needs a little tweaking (spinner and right upper flipper make a big difference). For those waiting...there are some tough shots, and some easy shots. I think it’s a blast to play. At minimum someone should put on a few hundred games before reviewing it.

Then again, if you hate the game after a few plays...buy a different game.

#11668 10 months ago

I am NOT a good player. I don’t do competitions or league (none around me)...but this was my score just now. Like I said, set it up right and it’s a blast!!

F53ADF98-A0B9-4FD2-8CBD-E741B4428FC3 (resized).jpeg
#11718 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

"fell off from somewhere?" - lol...
[quoted image]
I still don't understand why you'd put foam that breaks down quite easily in literally the spot every single ball hits.

Mine has this. It’s never caused any problems for me. We have about 275 games on it so far.

#11742 10 months ago

I listened to Scott talk to Chris on his podcast just now. Remove the Noob Noob plastic and open the upper loop a little. The upper flipper doesn’t need to be adjusted. The upper loop (spinner shot) is high on the flipper. The garage shot is lower on the flipper.

#11770 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just played this game at LAX and it was a lot of fun. I pretty much only played this and time fantasy.
Question for the group. When dialed in, can you make the spinner loop repeatedly and fast like getaway or the shadow? Thanks!

Yes. I’ve got three or four in a row, but then the speed of the ball gets too fast to accurately hit the shot for more (at least for me).

#11807 10 months ago

Right or wrong. Upper flipper was adjusted to parallel with the guide (kinda tucked under the plastic). I couldn’t adjust the spinner loop guide further out, so I removed the screw altogether. Then I pushed the guid back as far as I could and put a small piece of moleskin under the metal tab to protect the playfield. This made the outside guide flatter (not a extreme curved). Opening the shot is only one part...I felt the guide needed to be less curved. My wife and I can now rip the shot regularly. I even ripped the spinner and then hit the garage as it screamed around. Now when you hit the right orbit, and it comes down the spinner lane, it skims the post at the entrance to the spinner orbit and does a little bounce, avoiding the accidental right out lane drains that I was having. Drilling a hole for the screw that goes in the tab of the guide I wasn’t willing to do...so the guide does give a bit. Nothing I did was permanent, so easily reversed, but it seems to work.

#11811 10 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I wonder if Spooky will adjust these in the future.

I’m not sure. I’ve seen others really rip the spinner without doing this, but I was having a hard time all of a sudden. For me and my game, it seems to have really made a big difference...plus, nothings permanent.

2 months later
#12011 8 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Any insights as to what these other mods are? I'm not interested in the headphone kit, but I'd like to know what else may use the DBV before I choose the option without it.

A multiverse inside the cab with a window through the DVB insert. harryhoudini I think is planning it. Sounds really cool!

#12013 8 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

So,what do you do with this idea???Get on your knees to play that adventure???

??? Why would it be a “playable” mod...or maybe I miss understand and you’re just joking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside