20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#952 4 years ago

Never seen the show. Will check out this weekend and report back. Happy this isn't another title for old men

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I hear JJP has that covered with GNR; can you imagine?!

Replace GnR with iron maiden and then you have the old men title. Do the math

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I'm young, grew up on Maiden and go to shows whenever I can. the average age of attendees at shows, especially up on the rail (and those I see walking around VIP and merch areas), is between 18 and 30. While they are a band comprised of old men, the preponderance of the fan base at live shows is young. Just see Rock in Rio for an example.
GnR on the other hand... the reunion live shows demonstrated mostly late 40s to early 50s with a speckling of youth here and there.

So iron maiden fans are 18-30?

Haha ok not even going to continue.

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't lose hope early into it; I didn't care for the first couple that much.

So reporting back after watching episode 1.

I liked it. Has a bttf vibe no doubt and the humor is good enough to laugh here and there. Ok I'm going in for more.

See pinball does open you up to new things! Haha

#1010 4 years ago

Onto episode 2.

Best line of the series so far -

Summer - where are my testicles? Haha

#1022 4 years ago

Ok I definitely slept on this show. It's great. Episode 4..... Love the 80s songs in it Ghostbusters ref too

#1025 4 years ago

The me-she episode. I think it's getting better as the season goes on.

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Never saw the show until this announcement. We are on season 2 now. It’s funny. Love the quantum physics stuff too.

Same here
I'm really enjoying it.

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

For all the new people watching R&M. Every season gets better. Season 4 is the best yet. There is a lot going on in each episode. You can watch it for what it is and enjoy like most or start reading fan theory go down the rabbit hole (super geeks will get this). Morty's Mind Blowers is a great ep.

still in season 1 and ep 7 is the weakest thus far (watching alt tv with the dad being a movie star) - still good but not great. good to hear though. The show is def good and totally changed my initial thought on it (which was just media/commercials).

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Back to the regularly scheduled thread.
Spooky's Rick and Morty Grand Champion call out.
*Rick "All right Morty, don't break an arm jerking yourself off"
S01E10

That was a great episode. I wrapped up season 1 and heading into season two. Show is fantastic

My initial impression were way off. Show is hilarious

#1735 4 years ago

Just joined the fang club and I'm #122. Sweet.

#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

were did you find your FC number ?

I'm just kidding.

#1888 4 years ago

Charlie - I know you said we'll see the game before it goes up for sale. Will that be a video or just pics? Hopefully the former.

I'm now middle season 2 - show is fantastic. Tiny Rick!

#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

See above posts. May not get a lengthy stream. But hopefully Spooky can make a video of gameplay. Not just one shot here and there like the teaser video of JP where it just shows solitary shots.
There has to be a midline between a mini teaser video with one shot going in one feature at a time and a full live stream. Hopefully we can get a good feel of real game play and an overview of the rules.
I’d like a video presentation by Scott as well as the rest of the team. This is their chance to take a bow also.

Yep noticed the same. Thanks. Wasn't sure though if that video run through will be fine before it goes up for sale or after. Hopefully before.

#2506 4 years ago

New Rick and Morty viewer, loving it and then saw episode pickle Rick. Wow. I literally just joined the club. I'm in if this game looks good. Great show
Great

I'm pickle Rick!

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O yea for sure..you can tell so much from that video.... lol

uh - they show basically the entire pf. You can actually tell a lot from the video. I think it looks great.

#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

So what’s included in the BS version?

yeah I'm curious to know too.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep shows most the features and playfield... looking fwd to seeing a actual game play video as that will show the flow and the way it shoots. Which is what I was getting at but I'm sure you knew that but u just wanted to ad your usual smart ass comment in where you can ...like you always do .

watch the video for the way it shoots too - two shots off right flipper, u turn shot in the middle, plus much more. Smart ass to some I guess is just common sense to me.

#2566 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Will you be blown away by the (inevitable) Stranger Things fan layout? Don't misunderstand me, I'm probably getting both.

I wouldn't mind a really good fan actually. Kind of crazy.

And yes I'm prob getting both too. It's like all of a sudden these manufacturers were like let's make some really good relevant themes. Can you believe turtles and gnr is coming too....damn!

#2572 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Is the Voilet armor the BS edition?? What ya think?

I would like to know this too.

#2600 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Numbers will be confirmed after as all orders will have to be compiled.

can you explain how this will be figured out? Is it just random regardless of the time of order? And is 1k expected upon buying BEFORE you get the number?

Standard edition looks great!

#2609 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yes you have to place your initial payment to get your number. Also they directly coincide with what order the initial payments are placed on the website.

OK so timing of order = number in line.

Those poor servers of yours.

#2668 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

So realistically, each distributor provides you the order of their customer orders and it’s up to them to determine that. Ordering direct from Spooky ensures you get a spot in direct correlation to when you order alternating between allotments predetermined to your distributors. 10 for your website , 10 for your distributors, order # 11 on the website may actually got spot #21. Something like that?

I would like to know the answer here too b/c it seems then that the website only has so many slots and when they're gone, they go distributor and then back to website.

And distributors - who knows how they are allocating their numbers. Sure some are already bought up. Talk about confusing.

I wonder when we'll find out what number you got? 750 takes it right in the pants although with so many games coming out, might not be the worst thing I guess.

actually - yeah it would suck.

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What if we order with distributer, how does that effect the spot on line??

Seems like they get their own slots but spooky isn't saying what those are. I'm sure if you're a distro you're like spooky - don't give me the last ones....

No one really knows yet.

#2713 4 years ago

so dumb question but I can't seem to find where to enter my login credentials and the store seems to be down. What is the link we need to buy this tomorrow and where do you sign in so the website knows you're a fang club member?

I'm healthy rick!!!!......another good episode I just saw recently.

#2723 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

[quoted image]

I really like the look of this game. has an 80s feel to it.

#2748 4 years ago

Nice to actually see a game that will have the full license (voices, video, etc). I feel like this hasn't happened since GB. Or if they tried, they really really failed like Wonka.

#2762 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

JJP had pretty much all the video, audio, and effects from all 3 movies for the hobbit. And added a very good Gandalf sound alike for custom.
That said, this pin will have amazing custom call outs and video

Completely agree - GB was after Hobbit. Maybe great games with integration before Hobbit. I guess I should of said since Alien since that game is amazing with the integration and was after GB!

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

thanks for your informative replies. Just trying to get some semblances of how the game will play. I understand the constraints of the release and am confident that Spooky team will make the most of it.

From the video it seems to be based on adventures (aka modes) which will likely vary like every other pinball every created.

#2941 4 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

As a logged in fang member with saved payment details you just need 2 clicks to fire the order out @ 9 am.

How do you save payment info? Couldn't find that.

#3071 4 years ago

order placed.

order 1821

from spooky website, 10:06 locked in (finally).

#3097 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Am I the only person not getting BSE? I like the purple powercoat, but it wasn't worth $525 to me.

I'm not - went standard. I think the armor matches really well on the standard.

#3122 4 years ago

curious what the split is amongst BSE vs standard. Post your version if you're going to post order number.

off to more meetings!

#4157 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I don’t think anybody listens to his podcast for his opinions, just for the inside info he gets.

I listen for his opinions and inside info. Much more interesting than the standard pinball ass kissing content.

back to the topic - spooky nailed this one. Congrats.

#4197 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Diverter to direct the right orbit to the garage or loop it around at the upper flipper from across the playfield.
--Scott

I love this. Question addressed immediately by designer.

Damn - I'm excited to get mine.

#4199 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Remember folks we got the custom speech and the real show video and music plus Scott (who is a real musician) made some awesome music to. Dont be to hard on us about the ship lol. We had to have SO MANY things approved. The whole team threw everything they could at this and it really came down to the wire time wise. For a first major license I really believe we acquired a ton of assets! We have already learned alot and have many things on the agenda to improve in the future.

so you have call outs other than Rick and Morty right? Seems like you guys really nailed the assets part of it.

#4205 4 years ago

In all honesty, I blew the budget out of the water here. It may not look like it from the surface, but this is a packed machine. For instance, there are 16 opto pairs in this game and I had to cut that back a bit to get it to 16. I even threw in the magna save as a sacrificial BOM item, thinking it would just be ok to remove it later if I needed to cut cost, but it ended up being so fun that we had to leave it in there. There was actually nothing noticeable cut from the game and I truly owe that to Charlie letting me get away with it here. The comments about lack of toys on the top of the playfield is not a concern for me as the modding community is so strong, they will come up with some awesome stuff for it. Not everyone likes a ton of stuff on the top of the playfield. We did get the portal gun, the house, the ship with all of it's controllable lights, the flooble crank, and the death crystals into the game. This, to me, looks great as is, but I cannot wait to see how you guys mod the crap out of these games.
And thank you all for the kind words. I have poured my heart into this semi-wacky design over the past 2 years and am really happy with how it turned out. I was really just trying some neat ideas I had for a playfield that was a bit different than the standard. BTW, the pop is absolutely my favorite part of the game. Second place is the new lock design, but not by much.
--Scott

can't agree with you more holding back on more 3d figurines and other mods that I personally think aren't necessary. Let the mod community sell those and folks can junk it up as much as they want. I think what you included is sufficient. Good choice.

#5009 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Next September/October can't come soon enough. Might have to pick up aTNA in the mean time.

Didn't you sell yours?

#5053 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I had 2 pm’s in that timeframe.
Move on

No question it will sell for that price
No question many more will do the same and prob for even more money.

#5079 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That ain’t too smart
Patience
The show is only beginning.
Just saying
Get a grip people and use some f ing common sense
Have you seen a stream? Have you played it?
Wtf. I’m lmao

ice - you have "people" spending 15k on elvira for nothing. Not sure why you're surprised about this. I wouldn't expect anything else.

For me, I can't wait to get mine. but you know others bought in to sell.

#5086 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Delt you surprise me, you aren’t stupid enough to pay a premium for a spot
Let the hype die down and they will be paying you to take it
Plus, it’s a disgusting display on short term flipping that will end badly

Ice - I have one locked in already! Got one 7 minutes after it went live. I'm all set!

I'm just talking about others paying a premium around here. If people buy that dumb topper for 700 and the ridiculous god awful SE for 15k, no question, they're spending another 1500+ to get into this limited release. That's my only point.

#5132 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How does it play again?
You can try and justify it all day long. Be happy with your game and the fact that you might get it timely.
Every day that goes by the "spot flippers" lose a cup of coffee.
Wait until ST is announced and reality hits.
You bought a game, that's it. One that you have zero idea of how it plays.
ST will ship LONG before this one does.
If you love it great. It WILL sell for less $$ later, like every other Spooky game or any other pinball game for that matter. To believe otherwise is crazy.
But if you are buying the game for whatever reasons why does it matter.
The dopes that run a pump and dump scheme are pathetic

Ice - Love you..... I think you're drinking again. I'm not following but hey buddy - it's all good! IMO some of the best games (or at least themes) are coming for someone like me and I couldn't be happier!

#5290 4 years ago

Glad you asked! I made a crap ton of exciting music for the game and remixed some of the show music as well. I also did the sound effects with the exception of the sounds from the show. If you liked what I did on TNA and ACNC, you shoudl be happy.
--Scott

This is big for me. Music in Pinball is so underrated. A great sound package makes a big difference! If you can share anything in advance would love to hear. You're very talented!

#5341 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love this as an inner loop shot too. Hoping it will be open a good part of the time.

I completely agree. Hopefully it's used like that alot

3 weeks later
#7770 4 years ago

Just heard about the topper as the gift. Spooky really raising the bar. That's at least 400-600 from Stern. Nice job.

1 week later
#8719 4 years ago

Excited to see over 200 new messages thinking maybe new gameplay and then I realize it’s people complaining about the poster we all received. Really?

A poster

Ok I’ll check back later.

Excited to see more from spooky!

1 week later
#9335 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, the streams aren't going to be playing embedded in the thread I'm still excited to see the progress, games shipping, unboxing etc.

Def more to this thread than just a stream. No need to dump anything.

As for watching the stream, I feel the same way. Would love to avoid seeing any of it but I just can’t. I already know I’m watching but hopefully not get saturated with it.

#9668 4 years ago

Just watching this now.

This game is real deal. Wow. Love the total package of having the custom speech that actually sounds great and the music, light show, video assets that actually sync and make sense. Layout looks great too.

Holy shit. Spooky has a major hit. So happy I have one coming.

EDIT - after hitting the mystery shot Rick says “how you got this far - that’s the mystery”. Wow - this game is good. Love the thought and effort as it’s genuinely funny.

EDIT 2 - watched the entire thing and literally was laughing with the game. Charlie/Spooky you did it. This game is special. You have a great theme, great layout, great music, great light show, great custom music and then some. Yes it doesn’t have the amazing “toy” but enough cool things like the ship, the magnet save, etc that I’m OK with it. Great job guys. I’m not sure I’ve ever laughed that much while watching a pinball being played (based on its audio alone) and the guys playing it really seemed to be having a great time. There is something just so genuine going on in Wisconsin that I love it. I don’t even want to begin comparing custom speech of this to Stern STh. Great job Spooky

#9704 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

For once $10k by Christmas makes sense!

For a game that is actually good to be capped at 750 total, I wouldn't be surprised. There just isn't the volume at there.

#9760 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

to clarify... it did not earn well in THAT location.
with ~100 of them still on route currently... it appears that your location is the anomaly?
Did you try it at multiple places?
Also, it could be the entire city of STL that was the problem. They drink busch lite and are not the smartest... TNA is a bit higher tier.

People need to chill. The guy is giving his experience and is still looking to support the company. I’ve been told similar regarding poor performance on route for bars around me. It’s ok guys we don’t need to down vote everyone who doesn’t say something positive.

I think we all know Rick and Morty is going to do wonders for spooky and will no doubt be their best earner both on route and in homes.

#9814 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Life is busy and I am unlikely to live watch today. Can someone PLEASE capture and upload?

is it not being streamed? Oh man - I'm in the same boat if so....

#9817 4 years ago

great thanks guys!

#9862 4 years ago

This show encapsulates everything wrong with millennials. My god what a bunch of annoying people

And I made it work so I can see live and we get this? Bring on pinball

#9912 4 years ago

This game deserved better than that. Terrible camera angle damn.

#10174 4 years ago

How did you find that top right flipper to left spinner loop

#10328 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Yeah I'm aware of the voice actors, we just didn't know before if we'd get lines from the show or not, and after seeing gameplay it appears not. How would it fit in? The Whirly Dirly mode for example, Rick's talking directly to Jerry, who is in the video, but Jerry has no audio responding. Again, I don't care too much, Justin Roiland voices a huge variety of characters and the callouts we've seen are absolutely top-notch, I was just curious.

I would like to know as well....

#11064 4 years ago

Damn asking was 5300 and you had two offering that? Almost 4K profit. Nice

#11068 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

One of those full price offers was the Museum of Pinball. I wish I coulda sold to him. But a deal's a deal in my eyes. I'm still super stoked for y'all and this game. I just had to do what I had to do. Believe me, I wrestled with it for over a month.

No need to explain. I’m really hyped for this game too but at that flip I’m even contemplating the same with my bse which is expected in April.

I also respect you for not backing out and taking the higher bid. Stand up move

#11071 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks Delt. Maybe yer not such an asshole after all.

I just call them like I see them. Got to give credit when it’s due. Cheers

1 week later
#11393 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Sorry for everyone that has to scroll past this . Put all my thoughts down and it got out of hand.
My Rick and Morty Pinball Adventure
Traveled from NE PA to Williamsburg Brooklyn to play Rick and Morty on Saturday.
Stopped half way into work for the Pinburgh F5 championships. Victory!
Hit the gas hard (100mph-oops) to catch the 12:23 train out of Morristown NJ.
One diner burger and subway ride later, i arrived at Jackbar NYC.
Jackbar has amassed a pinball collection to rival almost any available alternative (move over sunshine!) and has quickly become my preferred place to play in the area. Great beer and drink selection and playing pinball is comfortable. The freshly shopped Rollergames plays fantastic. The owner is the day bartender and pinball tech.
"Hi Jon , hit me up with a Sweetwater 420 and a pile of ONES, it's time to jump dimensions and get into some RICK AND MORTY PINBALL MUTHA-F*CKERS! " <embellished for effect>
THE REVIEW
**DISCLAIMER -this is a review of one game on location, I assume set up to play tough (steep) , providing fun in conjunction with great challenge to the best players in NYC who play in tournaments (at jackbar) or frequent this establishment. This review is specific to one machine, played multiple times (20+) over the course of the day and night.**
I played games mostly in 4 player groups and a couple solo.
Rick and Morty Bloodsucker #26
Plunge :
Plunge is important on this game. Specifically because of the current value of the Super Skill shot (400k) . For the first couple of games that i played , anybody who got 3 super-skill shots would have easily won the game. Seemingly, a score imbalance ; unless players were able to get a mode or multi-ball started. Some plunges, including auto-plunges, go around into the "turnaround shot" (next to right ramp) and SDTM. "F*ck" . The rare "plunge into a SDTM , followed by auto-plunge SDTM" is possible. With a tight tilt, you could carefully nudge your way out , but you learn the hard way and beginners aren't going to know any better.
I hit plenty of of super skill shots and they didn't seem all that difficult if you could get enough power on the shot. I don't remember hitting the target on the left ramp (cant remember the name of target) or intentionally going for it on the plunge. When super-skill was not active , i was going for the spinner loop , which appeared rejecty (it's word now!) at first ; but proved to be a nice quick flow shot when shot correctly. Repeating spinner loops , eh, not much of that.
Now that the excitement of the plunge has been exhausted lets move onto ...
GENERAL GAMEPLAY
The plunge basically forces initial gameplay into a situation which puts your chances of survival into immediate peril. The dreaded side-to-side ball action ... friend only to hungry drains, a hyper-sling, and the maniacally placed, "in-your-face" pop bumper . At least you have SLAM SAVE. Getting a ball under control was a chore in itself. Everything was functioning properly on the game. A lot of flailing to start, followed by some quick drains, was not all that uncommon to see. This is a game where you have to learn your shots and also learn how to deal with where the game is sending the ball when you are out of control. Focusing on magna-save (and the mere existence of it) early is advised .
Light shows are awesome as usual.
The ship toy is fairly impressive in person . The shaking is cool and the 2 shadows of Rick and Morty are awesome.
Topper is really cool too. It spins and lights when portal is ready. Can't really see the front when the back lights are going off is the only complaint.
Okay , so you finally get control ...what do you shoot?
Left Flipper - it's the place you want to be. Oh , lets see , one could shoot ...
1. Backhand to left drop target or u-turn or lock - triple threat
2. Center Scoop- (can be lit for a mode or multiball or mystery) for some reason i kept screaming for ROBOCOP! (it's in there)
3. Right drop target or u-turn or lock (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
4. The often-ignored FLOOBLE CRANK (lights locks and cranks the magna save battery)
5. Right Ramp - feeds right flipper(lights modes)
6. Right u-turn loop (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
7. Right loop, u-turn / back door garage shot (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
8. Megaseeds - add meeseeks
9-13. Backhand the pop bumper, shatz right inlane (slam letter, future mode shots?), roll up the flipper backhand hit Jerry , Summer or Beth targets.
With this design crew , i am not so sure these shots are as crazy as they sound .
Right Flipper - not the worst place to be
1. Backhand right ramp - feeds right flipper (didn't seem possible on this one - steep) (lite mode at scoop, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
2. Flooble! Crank it up! (wrong game) (lights locks and cranks the magna save battery)
3. Right drop target, u-turn or lock (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
4. Center Scoop (can be lit for a mode or multiball or mystery)
5. Left drop target, u-turn or lock (mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
6. Left Ramp - feeds upper flipper (lite mode at scoop, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
7-9. Jerry! Summer! Beth! Targets! (mode shots and??)
10. Shoot the pop bumper! - maybe there's a pop bumper frenzy mode or dimension that will tempt you do do this. Make the pop bumper sound a fart and i'm in! (mode shots, i think)
11. Shatz the left inlane into the scoop - i dare you to make me try this - left or right inlane hurry-up! (slam letter, future mode shots?)
Upper flipper
1. Spinner loop - gotta hit t clean - repeatable , in the Bowen Elwin dimension only (extra ball , charge portal gun , mode shot or mseeks / mega seed)
2. That target - forgot what it does
3. Garage - Front - (portal ready - change dimensions , super jackpot, mode shot or meeseeks / mega seed)
4. Other shots possible -drop targets , scoop , flooble , jerry , summer and beth targets
ACTION
The action was fast and furious on this game and getting control was a bit of an issue . some of the tried and true methods sent the ball into the dangerous pop bumper which would kick to an equally dangerous sling. Nothing beyond lighting a mode and getting the ball into the scoop, left any time to admire the amazing screen graphics featuring our heroes. Probably would have been a good idea to trap the ball and look up at the screen and get some guidance during the time of rest. When modes start , there are some general instructions as to what to shoot for in addition to the blinky lights.it was a but difficult to hear the rick taunting in the bar environment. I do remember a player saying "did he just call me a &*%$#^%" .
I was able to change dimension several times , but unless you already know the game , you have to look up to the screen to see where you have arrived. As much as i appreciate the utlra-fast scoop returns on this game, it would be nice to have time to read about what dimension you popped into or even look at the screen. Again , there may have been sound cues that weren't audible. I enjoy a little stop and go if there are quality animations to watch. I never get sick of the TREX multi-ball intro, for instance. I don't expect that to happen on this game (maybe as an option) . it seems speciofically designed to make the dimension change quick) Hope there is a "Shake it up" dimension , featuring the shaker and some Rick & Morty Callouts. Like a dance party with shaking?
There's is no "flailing your way" to anything substantial on this game in it's current form. There is not much to do in the start if you don't hit a ramp or the flooble crank . None of those shots are easily hit by accident. What you will see from new players is a ton of shots to the scoop and the 2 targets or through the u-turn. The scoop was feeding to the spot on the right flipper that would naturally shoot back to the scoop or left drop target if you shot on the fly. Dead bouncing was lively and making for more problems. I hit many scoops by accident in a row or at times when it wasn't lit for anything. I hope there's some taunting for that! I like difficult games , but i do worry about non-competitive players having fun on this game.maybe one less adventure filled in at start and a mode lit without ramp at game start would help.
Ramps were smooth and fun to shoot . The left ramp was a bit steep and hard to get every time. Danesi lock 2.0 is a winner . The mech performs amazingly efficient and flawless. Be it a drop target or lock or u-turn , i found it fun to shoot for any condition. I'm not sure if there are rules for hitting the u-turn repeatedly , but it seems like a fun area to explore. Shots returning from the targets , u-turn scoop etc , seemed to naturally return there from on-the-fly flipping. Right u-turn loop was really fun to shoot . I love the way it flows to the upper flipper.
MAGNASAVE will, pull your ball out of the outlane! Don't forget about it. Most players didn't even use it or know about it. It's a thing you have to keep focus on to use because there isn't any time to think.
SUMMARY: didn't intend to type so much above, but it is what it is. Destined to be forgotten in the short memory of internet game reviews.
Rick and Morty (as of early game launch and played on a brutal steep set up) is a unique and fun game to play . It has fast action that forces you to remain focused and attentive. How much fun you have relies on a knowledge of the game rules and the Rick and Morty universe. I'm not sure if they have a game tutorial in the works for attract mode (maybe they already have it) but i would appreciate it for sure. Even it only explained a couple of things, like video game load screens do. Explain one dimension every so often etc.
I had a lot of bad games trying to learn the shots and get familiar with the ball feeds. Some games were not fun at all . Some games were an adrenaline-pumping great time . I can see some players not wanting to put in the time to learn the game. There were many player tears to be harvested. Top score 7mil.
This game is perfect for the home collection, due to the unique layout and the many awesome rules of dimension changes and multiple modes . The combination of modes and dimensions stacked with a multiball should lead to an almost infinite combination of unique gameplay situations. Meanwhile Meeseek mutipliers are degrading into divisors and megaseeds are waiting to be harvested for a juicy bonus! Break out your thinking caps, this is no "shoot the same shot over and over to build towards a mode or hurry up" type of game. You are shooting all over the playfield , if you can last long enough to do so. A tight tilt is too brutal for this game.
Sorry, no traditional flow. One could argue left ramp to spinner loop to garage (fast feed to left flipper) to right ramp to scoop (maybe) would be an awesome combo; but not the traditional smooth flow some people tend to revere. The pop bumper can send the ball almost anywhere, which results in an exclusive manic gameplay experience that is perfect for the theme. One too many screw turns and you're dead.
Cheers to Spooky pinball . You have assembled an awesome team of game designers , rules experts and support staff. This is a game to be proud of and I appreciate the level of detail you have committed to this game and the ones that preceded it. Keep that in mind when reading what follows .
**DISCLAIMER -this is a review of one game on location, I assume set up to play tough (steep) , providing fun in conjunction with great challenge to the best players in NYC who play in tournaments (at jackbar) or frequent this establishment. This review is specific to one machine, played multiple times (20+) over the course of the day and night.**
THE BAD:
Multiple instances of game-ending software / hardware events.
1. Had a nice game of close to 6 million going, started my 2nd multiball and ....RESET
2. Started 3 player game, launched ball and .. flippers died , ball drained . Gameplay stalled . Flippers returned , but no ball served.
3. At least one instance of game not returning from a tilt (didn't happen to me)
Previously mentioned ball launch to inner u-turn loop to SDTM
Ball stuck on upper switch on launch (happened only once that i know of ) switch too high
No easy achievements for beginners
Early gameplay scoop shots and target shots tend to return to same area with nothing rewarded or advanced.
Nothing tempts me to shoot the side targets . Maybe Jerry screams in pain if i shoot him . That i would love.
These were my observations and unfortunately i could not heart the sounds , so maybe there are some worthy taunts that accompany the situation of shooting the ball repeatedly to the same area and getting nothing . That would make it awesome instead of bad.
Probably the most impressive thing i did was leave at 8:40 pm , walk fast to subway , catch the train within a minute , transfer to another train , came within 3 minutes , run through Penn station (huffing and puffing) and ultimately catch the 9:11 pm train back. From Brooklyn streets to the train seat in 31 minutes. I almost perished. I did it all for ................
Rick and Morty Pinball
The best pinball machine in earth dimension C-137.
TLDR: Rick and Morty review , too many words , likes it , has some criticisms and desires, kissed spooky ass , can't run a few blocks without getting winded.

Enjoyed reading that. Thanks for posting.

3 weeks later
#11776 4 years ago

I enjoy listening to Kaneda but from personal experience his reaction to the two shots is greatly exaggerated. Yes they are challenging. Garage shot I found easier than that spinner one but I don’t think any adjustments was made to it as the game still had packaging on the ship! I still could hit 2-3 per game. Once tweaked I’m sure it will be more.

Bigger takeaway is a clear message to spooky. Tweak the spinner shot BEFORE you ship this. Knowing them I’m sure they’ll listen and take the necessary action. I would not let those two shots be there reason to pass on this game.

#11799 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

shot is much better now. i spoke to Scott and we experimented with some tweaks that hadn't been really discussed before (to my knowledge). i implemented them, and the shot can now be ripped. Chris discusses them with me in the show that will post later today. if anyone has any further questions after hearing that, feel free to hit me up. i'll try to post some pix later, too.

Never met you but next time I'm in the city for business I have to stop by. You sound like the ideal operator. Common sense and takes a lot of care of his games.

Glad to hear things are working better and you're contributing to the greater good Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 13,500.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.