New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 256899)

Rick & Morty Pinball from Spooky!

By MEuRaH

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12,226 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by waynetrane
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg
86F056A7-1E21-4BD4-808F-D45B7187B4E7 (resized).jpeg
5E6BE29B-3FF1-4605-B1DC-AEB8F2DEDD79 (resized).jpeg
5144B608-71B9-4E23-88DE-827D25196119 (resized).jpeg
F354F545-7F0F-4745-BFC2-D7F2B54888E1 (resized).jpeg
254F9FAA-E23F-4982-BA39-C5C00FD6DF0E (resized).jpeg
CA484115-F782-4762-A0B8-9E6518EC27A0 (resized).jpeg
C2E297EB-334A-41B8-B080-38EF0A1E314E (resized).jpeg
FE3A164D-037F-4AE0-BFCA-87EC4C289195 (resized).jpeg
FF6BC0D2-EF05-426A-A34F-479FC011E190 (resized).jpeg
09B37974-E19D-4997-B4A9-6D8FA28E29A6 (resized).jpeg
74AA2FAE-392C-4432-BCA3-695A2FBD97B5 (resized).jpeg
96700C97-8906-4F9A-9B9C-7135080B2D32 (resized).jpeg
7AFA7B68-BB6D-4D80-855E-2B9D8B20678D (resized).jpeg
30FB9493-A13A-4DDA-89B2-3A48E05C2CF2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (10 months ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (10 months ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (10 months ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (10 months ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (10 months ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (10 months ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1555 10 months ago

Not an Italian bottom? Risky - hasn’t really worked before.

#1988 10 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

A variation on this?
Will lead to some crazy fun [quoted image]

More likely this....
1FDD65DD-C7C1-44E2-B85B-3366C9B14E62 (resized).jpeg

Danesi channeling Roger Sharpe.

Not sure about it - at least it’s something different.

#2538 10 months ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

2am Aussie time Charlie?

That’s rough.

#3982 10 months ago

Lit Danesi drop targets.....any chance we can use the same ones for TNA??? Been asking for someone to make these foreva.....

#4049 10 months ago

Maybe my facial recognition is out of wack, but since when did Charlie and Bowen become the same person?

3C8CFFA2-D5EF-4357-A6F3-D0DE25DE3049 (resized).jpeg
#4231 10 months ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

These are getting delivered based on proximity to the Adult Swim offices, right? #myLongWaitBegins

You would assume so....doesn’t bode well for me though.

#4680 10 months ago

Trying to view the launch video again and it’s giving me a YouTube “Video Unavailable - removed by user” message. Anyone else getting this?

#4681 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah, it's pretty cool on the video. The ball comes screaming out of the scoop and the magnetic field across those plates stop the ball and then release it all in like a second. Neat.
[quoted image]

Wondering why that magnet setup is necessary when almost exact same setup works without it on JJP POTC.

#5456 10 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

Maybe licensors will take note of this whole situation and not license huge IPs to small businesses that can't meet demand. I have a feeling that general feelings toward spooky are going to be more negative after R&M because they're trying to force a big IP into their small business model and people are frustrated from not being able to get a game, or having to wait a long time, or seeing people selling spots, or having to join a paid club to have a chance to get a game, or having to decide before they see any real gameplay... Etc etc.

OMFG. You can’t be serious?

#5457 10 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I can't see them doing that, but Spooky might continue the tradition of auctioning off their final game for charity. They did that with TNA and RZ.

Auction the first 50 spots for charity with $$$ over list price being donated.

#5492 10 months ago

Has a second ball trough ever been used before? Such a simple idea, but opens up a lot of options.

#5852 10 months ago

There’s so much to love about this game. From the company, “the family” (no, not that family, though you never know), the designer, the theme, the interesting layout, the interesting mechs, the limited number, the coders, the quirkiness, the involvement of the creators, the “david vs Goliath” stuff, the art.....

I’m sure there’s better games on one or two points, but as a whole package nothing compares.

#5913 10 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am trying to believe me, as I type this post I am debating going to the emergency room as my face and head are badly swollen from the radiation treatment I got on my brain last Thursday to try and kill a brain tumor that I had brain surgery to remove last year, but the brain tumor has now grown back. I have lost feeling on the top of my head and am having crazy headaches since the radiation. I am very relieved as the DR told me that I may permanently lose feeling in my face after the treatment, but so far that has not happened.
I need to keep a brave face on for my daughter, but I cant help but worry about what my future holds.
Now I wait for my next MRI to see if I need more radiation treatments. All that said I have much to be thankful for as things could be worse for me.
I hope you get your game number soon!
Merry Christmas
PS. In the spirit of Rick and Morty I have attached a picture of myself last week after they screwed a halo into my skull and put a space helmet on me just before they wheeled me into the radiation chamber.[quoted image]

Good luck concretehardt !

#5969 10 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Bug a toy, drill a hole bottom middle. Then mount above vuk! Done make it a mod.

That’s what I was going to say - most toys are just usually standard mechs or even just switches with some sort of sculpt or plastic around them. If that Danesi mech and scoop had a sculpt around it would be a very complicated and interactive toy. Danesi stated earlier that he preferred to use his BOM budget on things that actually affect gameplay and make for a better pinball experience - like second ball troughs, Danesi locks, divertors, incredible rgb everywhere.

#5980 10 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Not sure what is planned, but sooooo many options. Like I said, revolutionary.

Quoted from arzoo:

Here's another possibility with the Danesi lock - if a ball is locked, and the center post is down, and the target is in a mode where it is not forced to stay up, then a solid hit would transfer the ball to the other side, but a glancing hit would release it.

Quoted from arzoo:

We'll need Spooky to chime in on how the drops work, forced to stay up or drop and immediately reset. But either way the locked ball could be knocked to the other side.

From Scott:

Sure!
The locking mechanism is not that complicated. It is a horse shoe loop with 2 drop targets at the openings. There is a center post right int he middle of the horseshoe. There are 2 sets of optos on each side of the mech behind the drop targets and one set of long throw optos in the front of the drop targets and the scoop. The long throw opto set is there to give the software a heads up that there is an incoming ball at high speed. It's actually a super cool assembly that uses all off the shelf parts, which I am a huge fan of. In this configuration, you can load 3 balls into the lock.
The phases of the lock mech can be this:
Open Loop:
Both drop targets down, with no attempt to capture a ball. This will act as a super high speed turn around from both directions.
Ready to capture 1 ball:
When a lock is qualified, the mech will still leave both drop targets down. A ball can be captured by shooting the lock in either direction. This will capture the ball on one side.
1 ball in lock, but number 2 not qualified:
This is a cool situation, both drop targets will be up in this case and will allow you to transfer the ball from one side to another, or use it as a captive ball by putting center post up.
1 Ball in lock, ball 2 lock qualified:
The first locked ball in this case will act as a captive ball and ball 2 can be locked on the opposite side. The drop will be open and ready for the second lock on the opposite side of where ball 1 is captured.
2 balls in lock:
After ball 2 is locked, the balls can act as 2 separate captive balls in 2 separate locks by the up post keeping them separate. Another thing I was thinking about, but is going to make Eric kill me, is that we could allow someone to put a 3rd ball in the lock by hitting one of the locked balls and letting it double stack on the other side with the other ball. Then open up the empty side and ready it for lock 3. This is just an idea at the moment, and not sure if we will use it. This also opens up other cool ways of separating the balls again into a 2 locked scenario.
There are a bunch of possibilities with this thing and we are working hard on making it as fun as possible. Right now, it is very fun to play and has been very reliable. Eric knows his shit. This is just one of the super exciting mechanical aspects of this layout that I love. Well, I hope that was enough for you guys to digest for a while.
--Scott

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/115#post-5371166

1 week later
#6629 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well now I will have to go dig it out because I'm pretty sure it was said shortly after spots were going up.

Someone said it should happen but Spooky hasn’t said anything.

#6663 9 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

<checks phone>
It’s 2020! You still use checks? And mail?
New Zealand banks don’t even make checks anymore ... nobody uses them.
rd

<checks phone>

It’s 2020. You still play pinball?

In Australia people only play on their phone.

#6788 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can we normalize masterbation in 2020?
Serious. Everyone does it.

Quote of the year.

Maybe a good basement topic.

As usual, Pinside never fails to deliver.

#6790 9 months ago

Is there a list of exactly what comes with the BSE?

#6967 9 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does the knocker do something in Oktoberfest besides just announcing you won a replay?

They’re underused IMO. Addams Family is the only game I know of that uses cabinet knockers in gameplay, and that was really effective. Don’t know of any others. (Tbh I didn’t read any of the knocker discussion in the previous 10 pages).

#6969 9 months ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Yep, during certain modes it's used. For example during Duck Hunt mode, everytime you shoot a duck it goes off. There are a few modes that utilize it.

Awesome. I like the idea of owning an Oktoberfest one day.

#6987 9 months ago

Headphones are perfect for an adult game like R&M.

#7229 9 months ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Since I've seen a few people raise the issue/concern about ACNC memory leak/reboot issues when talking about Spooky game reliability (even though Scott confirmed that issue was already proactively addressed for R&M) .....
@FawzmaGames just posted this yesterday on the ACNC Owners Club thread regarding new code release:
"I am running some final tests at the shop before betas go out to select people. The memory leak is history, you'll be able to play till your fingers bleed."
Nice to see them keeping their eye on the ball for prior games even with so much activity surrounding R&M right now.

Who was that trolling about memory leaks earlier in this thread... pomc ?

Edit: yes. pomc

Quoted from PoMC:

If you’re buying this pin, you’re not concerned that ACNC has so many serious problems that have yet to be resolved by Spooky?
Sure, this is your dream theme, but so was Alice Cooper for those buyers. Now they’re stuck with a game that constantly resets due to memory leaks and many issues with the mechs. I have two friends with ACNC and no way I was going to even think about buying Rick and Morty until I saw Spooky could finish their prior game.

#7285 9 months ago

This metal print thing came across my FB feed. Would look pretty cool next to the game. Anyone had any of these metal prints? https://displate.com/displate/1561558?pe=Space%2CFantasy%2CTv&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=%5Brestart%5D+Prospecting+%7C+CBO+70+Ad+Sets+%7C+DPA+%7C+Bid+700+%7C+2019%2F11%2F13+%28AR-ASR%29+%28AR-1%29

EC2F4334-DFB6-4175-93F0-0A1D24F7FFB5 (resized).png
#7516 9 months ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I was thinking about the comments on the metal flooblecrank putting rubber on it to protect it. could you combine it with rubber on the post, and use the powerball from a TZ to reduce the inertia needed to activate the crank? Thereby making it just as effective as the metal on metal impact?

Why are we worried about the protecting the flooblecrank? What’s the difference between the ball hitting a metal post and hitting a metal captive ball?

#7525 9 months ago

What I want to know.....by hitting the Flooblecrank are we really just powering Scott Danesi’s car?

#7796 9 months ago

Unbelievable. Spooky wins at everything.

Might just have to upgrade to butter cabinet now....to even things out.

My (flawed) logic is the last topper sold was Star Wars for $750, so if I get the R&M topper for free then I can spend $750 on something else. $999 for butter sounds about right.

Amazing what you can talk yourself into when you’re an addict.

#7924 9 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Powder coated coindoor is a new add on. The regular door is $225 and the bill acceptor ready door is $250.[quoted image]

Crap. This is going to turn into a freakin expensive pin.

Full credit to Spooky for allowing us to customize these games from the factory.

#7925 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Because it would be a kick ass topper!
Portal in the background with lights and maybe a spinning layer? Sounds frolicking great to me Morty!

I was assuming that is the topper....spinning portal in the back, lit up crystals. Love it.

#7927 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Do you know how much it will cost with all the extras , shipped over here and with taxes in Aussie dollars .

Haven’t been game to total it screaminr

1 week later
#8726 9 months ago

Local pub.....

1593AF31-8FED-4C9C-99AC-A9C32C6C25A1 (resized).jpeg
#8730 9 months ago
Quoted from Braindance:

Anyone who has a butter cabinet now, does it seem like it beefs up the durability? Do light scratches show? I'm just trying to hear some opinions as I haven't really seen a comprehensive pros/cons list or detailed experiences with the upgrade.

If anything the butter cabinet makes it more delicate and likely more prone to chipping. Can’t re-decal it and almost impossible to “touch up. It’s like a clear coated cabinet. To the point that Spooky take no responsibility on butter cabs if they’re shipped - which is fair enough.

#8732 9 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why can’t they be touched up? I’d guess a gloss Gamvar over paint match would work no?

More that the butter finish wouldn’t be so butter like after being touched up.

#8734 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks for pointing that out. The butter cabs I saw looked like they have a thick layer of protection over the artwork. Didn't think about trying to test scratch one though to see how tuff it actually is.

I’m thinking the coating is tough like clear coat. Might resist light scratches, but more prone to chipping and hard to repair. Like the original run WOZ’s. Amazing to look at though.

I’m seriously considering it, even though it’s a risk with international shipping. Spooky originally refused to supply export markets with butter. But if you take full responsibility they'll consider it.

I’m not even sure they’ll ship within US or do you have to pick it up? I remember early on that was the case. Not sure about now.

#8742 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't know, but my whole thinking is how special a machine this is going to be and how awesome it will look with a butter cab. I guess I also kinda assumed it would be a more resilient finish if it was to go on location.

My thinking is buy butter for how awesome it will look not for extra durability.

#9217 9 months ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

If your open to making a new friend, I’d love to come over and seeing it being played.

Quoted from Yelobird:

When we get it absolutely. Granted you wouldn’t See it being played you would just play it! Watching me suck at pinball isn’t much fun trust me. I’ve amassed a decent collection sadly I’m only great at playing a few. Lol

Feel the love!

Jealous. nintenbear from what I've seen on here yelobird 's purpose built gameroom is truly something special.

#9406 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If being shady and underhanded is your idea of 'doing business' - which we've recently seen on this very forum...remind me to never do business with you.

Note to self: when building my theme park don’t use drfrightner

#9637 8 months ago

Even the custom credit call outs....

“Nice, a pair of Mortys. Might be fun, I guess”

“I tell you what, 3 Mortys. That’s never a crowd you know.”

#9923 8 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have a feeling the young ladies will be beating my door down once Rick and Morty arrives. I'll have to tell them all to take a number.

Wrong dimension o-din

#9968 8 months ago

O-din’s in love.

67F76096-F2FB-42D3-97EA-182EAA59B900 (resized).jpeg
#9980 8 months ago

Anyone know if there will be other voices in the show eg.Beth and Summer etc?

#10014 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

show clips of Jerry/Summer/Beth at least.

Yeh, show clips would be cool. Justin Roiland for custom call outs is plenty.

#10043 8 months ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I just watched the SMB show on the Adult Swim web channel. Interesting and Revelatory to say the least. Lets just say that THEME is the ONLY reason the game will fetch 7k or 8k, depending on whatever optioned out version any customer will buy of this game. If this were a non licensed theme (ie America's Most Haunted), this game would NEVER sell 200 units, let alone 750 in 4 hours before a full reveal. I suppose this is old news, but actually seeing the game in action is today's topic, so.........
This game is cool because of theme and integration ONLY. Why? Ask yourself "What does this game have to offer on the playfield which is valuable, unique, or engaging and interactive to the player?"
1. a pop bumper sling shot: Cool idea, but far from original, novel, or significant value added to the game
2. Magna Save: again, a cool idea, but NOTHING new
3. Single Subway (garage to portal eject over left flipper): another cool idea, but NOT new
4. two ramps (plastic, if i remember correctly). the ramps do very little "traveling" or curving, so its kind of Gomez-like in the return to flipper.
5. three flippers (extra 45 bucks for the third flipper, if not less)
6. space ship toy (Kerins said that this was "off the shelf", meaning it was not new for this game, which makes it significantly cheaper than designing and manufacturing a new specific toy for this game only). The toy is on a SPRING (See SW)
7. Horseshoe lock mech. THIS is the thing which seems sort of novel, but certainly not a significant addition mechanically, aesthetically, or otherwise. I will say that the physical lock is pretty dang cool, and I'm glad they got it working well.
8. Scoop in the MIDDLE of the PF. another awkward position for a scoop, like TNA
Considering the foregoing, it is readily apparent that the playfield design is neither exciting, nor novel. There is nothing unique, unconventional, or otherwise ground braking about the design, ball path, or mechs in this game, to say nothing about the true value of any part of it or the sum of its parts. I am disappointed in the layout, and the lack of real mechs or interactive toys on this game. Scott Danesi came on this forum and explained that he wasn't worried about the lack of toys on the game because Modders would come out with stuff we could buy. I respect his honesty, but that does not excuse Spooky from being willfully cheap and refusing to implement creative and value adding mechanical devices to the game. Danesi went on to brag about having 16 opto switches in the game. WOWEEEEE!!! SWITCHES!!!!! that's what we all want more of to make our experience so much more enjoyable!!!! (sarcasm) Why not just include a bag of opto switches for us to play with when we cant be home to play our pinball games?
I really love this show, so i was hoping for more. I am bummed. I have heard it over and over that this playfield is conventional and uninspired, not to mention bereft of any real mechanical, interactive devices to affect gameplay and the ball path. I really wanted this to be Spooky's STEP UP in game design. It is not. It is, however, a fantastic theme integration that they have done. I can't wait to see the screen and hear the callouts. But, we all know, we can just buy seasons one through four to see the show and hear Rick's banter. we don't need to spend 8000 dollars to see the show and hear Rick scream at Morty.
I will hand it to spooky for getting this awesome license, but alas, perhaps the license was too expensive to allow them to really give the customers a robust playfield with more to do and engage.
I don't mean to be a thorn in this thread; i just wanted to share my true reaction. I think any buyer will be thrilled to have this game for their own reasons. My reasons for buying a pinball are at least 65-75% layout and design, which includes what I have discussed is missing in this game. The remainder is a hodge podge of art, theme, and sound. I hope the future owners of this game have a great experience from what the game has to offer. I just know that unless that Playfield gets an overhaul, I am not going to be owning one any time soon.
Best Regards,
The one and only BOSS HOG

Feel better now?

#10185 8 months ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I was a little surprised by how much people jumped on you as well. I think in general the rule is that the more something offends you, the more there might be some truth to it...so maybe you touched a nerve? I think the game looks pretty good, but I also don't think offering up some legit comments is a bad thing either. This forum has a bad tendency to get going one way or the other on a subject and shout down all other voices that don't go along with it. Frankly, so few people have played it that I don't think you can make blanket statement either way on this game yet...it's like reviewing a movie based upon the previews. Some people may think it looks awesome, some may not, but there's no reason to attack people either way.

I think you missed the point. When someone jumps in to a thread like an obnoxious asshole they’ll get treated like an obnoxious asshole.

#10194 8 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

to ideally express a view, sans judgment

You serious? Boss_FLOG was making more judgment than Judge Judy on Mother’s Day. Expressing a list of opinions is one thing, and I agree with some of what he said, but this....

Lets just say that THEME is the ONLY reason the game will fetch 7k or 8k

If this were a non licensed theme (ie America's Most Haunted), this game would NEVER sell 200 units

that does not excuse Spooky from being willfully cheap and refusing to implement creative and value adding mechanical devices to the game.

Danesi went on to brag about having 16 opto switches in the game. WOWEEEEE!!! SWITCHES!!!!! that's what we all want more of to make our experience so much more enjoyable!!!! (sarcasm)

Why not just include a bag of opto switches for us to play with when we cant be home to play our pinball games?

I really wanted this to be Spooky's STEP UP in game design. It is not.

But, we all know, we can just buy seasons one through four to see the show and hear Rick's banter. we don't need to spend 8000 dollars to see the show and hear Rick scream at Morty.

#10205 8 months ago

Just watched the whole of the SMB stream. Really can’t see where the criticism is coming from. Great exposure to a young audience. People saying it looked “awkward” - the whole show is like that. That’s the point. Thought the game stream itself was really good given the format of the show. As players we want a top-down perfect camera setup, but for everyone else the side view gave more a feeling of actually playing the game.

Gameplay itself looked awesome. I understand some of the criticism. But most of the criticism is that it’s not a “traditional” fan layout with 3 pops a bash toy and an Italian bottom. That’s exactly what I love about it. I can buy 150 other games that are like that. R&M is fresh and unique. It’s likely not the greatest layout of all time for most, but it doesn’t need to be, and shouldn’t be. It’s limited to 750 games and It’s a quirky left of center theme that flies in the face of convention. The game should be too.

The lights, sound, animations, callouts etc etc were fantastic. I really can’t wait to play this game.

#10206 8 months ago

In the stream I didn’t see the ball exiting the left scoop at all. Is that not coded in yet?

And I didn’t notice the top scoop timer doing anything.

Another thing I liked is that the left sling being a pop seemed to open up the ball feed to the left flipper, compared to a normal sling. It seemed balls that would normally hit the lower half of the sling didn’t with this layout.

Is the middle right orbit shot another horseshoe that feeds back to the upper right flipper?

#10210 8 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Bowen gets it through there in the end of the stream. It's during a multiball i think. Happens pretty fast.

Quoted from Zablon:

Bowen did, and so did the girl at least once.

Ok, need to watch again.

#10212 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You can't really 'see' it because of the camera angle, but you see the reactions and the commentary regarding it.

Yeh, it’s just off camera - saw it feed a couple of times during multiball.

Also saw the led near the top scoop working, but no idea for what.

#10216 8 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

And....those are his opinions. Good for him for stating them. Bad for him for doing it with a lot of 'tude that was over the top and defacto. Who cares? Doesn't affect anyone from not liking the game, and any thread should allow for respectful dissonance. And even if he wasn't respectful...? So, don't agree with him? This other cat wanting him to be blacklisted or marked, yeesh....absurd.

Doesn't mean he should be called out in the way the poster that did....did.

Regarding "awkward", if you watched the stream, which was more entertaining, and more awkward than the onscreen action, most non pinheads seemed bored after 5 minutes, and intolerant of the demands for different things from the pinside crowd. A few posted that they didn't get pinball or called people nerds for liking it, etc. The stream didn't necessarily indicate the win of a new audience, based on the regulars haunting the chat.
Either way..... It's okay. Not everyone needs to join the club, adore pinball or....agree.

Was clear that boss_FLOG was trolling to get a reaction. He got a reaction. Then people get upset there was a reaction.

Anyway.

The outer/lower loop below the ramp looks difficult...with the post/rubber at the entrance to the ramp. Where does that lead - does that feed all the way round to the upper right flipper?

#10222 8 months ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

If you're talking on the left side, it goes to the garage/ portal. Bowen and Sally hit it during stream but cant see it due to camera angle.

Ahh, ok. And the top lane above the ramp is an orbit?

#10225 8 months ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Yes, feeds upper flipper

So 3 shots feed that upper right flipper? The upper loop, the left ramp and the right inside loop?

#10331 8 months ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Potentially negative observation, please don't murder me:
It looks like they did not get the rights to any voices from the show, OTHER than Justin Roiland, right? I am more than content with all the original lines (+ lines from the show) from Rick, Morty, Meeseeks, Mr PBH, etc, just was thinking back to the gameplay vids and don't think we heard anything from Beth/Jerry/Summer? Very possible I'm forgetting/missed something, please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, the potential for Interdimensional Cable references is high considering Justin did nearly all those voices ("I need a god damn Jan Michael Vincent" multiball would be great).

Yeh, it’s been asked a few times and there’s been no confirmation, but I haven’t heard any other voices in the streams so far (custom or not). I’m assuming it’s only Roiland, which would be a shame but not the end of the world.

#10350 8 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Same thing with JJP POTC, they could only afford one voice; Gibbs (Kevin McNally), but he did a great job. I guess these days the A-list actors are just too expensive. Crazy how back in the 90's Williams could get the entire STTNG cast to do the callouts. As for R&M, it would have been nice to have some lines from Jerry or Summer, but not going to complain given we've got SO much content from Roiland!

No expectation of custom lines from anyone except Roiland, but existing Summer/Beth/Jerry clips from the show would be great.

#10354 8 months ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Dont think too small kids will get the toxicness either, as it needs a certain maturity to appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure young kids can pick up on toxicity. I wouldn't let young kids watch the show.

#10357 8 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Not an issue here, my kids are all older. Just saying, there's a lot more "wrong" with the content than some swearing.

Yeh the swearing is the least of the “issues”.

#10572 8 months ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

It would appreciated if someone at Spooky could confirm whether voice assets from clips of the show are restricted to Justin Roiland. Still awesome but sad to miss out on some great characters , e.g. Scary Terry and Squanchy.

Sounds like it’s a no - only Roiland.

#10626 8 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, I figured $100,000 might be the base, and most likely up....and up.
Thanks for the input KT!

Wonder what it is for just clips from the show, not custom stuff.

Licensing is the mortal enemy of Pinball. We’re lucky in this case that the creator is also the voice of BOTH the main characters.

#10868 8 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why do I see a Pickle Rick painting coming

Thank you, cant un-imagine that now.

#10873 8 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stream starts at noon central

Talk on the Aussie Forums that the stream is cancelled??

#10991 8 months ago

Great to hear the positive feedback after the stream. Game looks beautiful. Happy to hear the shots are hard but makeable - plenty of easier games out there.

#11010 8 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That must be one of them Stern cars. Looks like the heat is broken. Or maybe you need to pay extra for it, lol

The gooblebox must be broken.

647C616A-6093-48DA-990E-B7E5BA36E90A (resized).jpeg
#11049 8 months ago

Don't close this thread - Pinside always needs a cesspool thread for every game. Helps quarantine the "club" thread. This can become the Coronavirus cruise ship of Pinside.

#11069 8 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

One of those full price offers was the Museum of Pinball. I wish I coulda sold to him. But a deal's a deal in my eyes. I'm still super stoked for y'all and this game. I just had to do what I had to do. Believe me, I wrestled with it for over a month.

I would take that offer all day every day Gryszzzzzzzzz.

#11143 8 months ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yet you seldom fail to call his work "brick". Talk peace and love between pinballers then namecall
You can do better dude!

Give him a break Manic.....he missed out on R&M and he’s the last remaining STH supporter. That’s a tough gig.

#11254 8 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What games do you have in your collection? It looks like there are no games in your collection, but that can’t be right.

Always broken ones apparently.

#11257 8 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

There's a funny story behind why Stern didn't get R&M, but it's not mine to tell.
YEAH I'M GONNA BE THAT GUY.

Cmon, tell all.

Regardless, it’s way too “edgy” for Stern.

3 weeks later
#11695 7 months ago

Kaneda laying the groundwork to flip his game NIB? Haven’t heard the podcast but sounds like it.

#11720 7 months ago
Quoted from robotron:

shenada should get his early pin order cancelled. spooky should tell him to F off.
he really was focusing too much on 2 hard shots and saying spooky needs more help designing pins.

Exactly. More help to make games like every other fan layout on the market. Spooky are niche. This sort of design comes with the territory.

#11736 7 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I actually own three pros.. epoxied the lock post, and fixed the gate and ball lock release on all three.

Did you rant in the Stranger Things thread about this also?

#11751 7 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And an absolutely fantastic pin I might add

Glad you finally got it Ice. Just in time for lockdown.

I’m seriously thinking about buying this or Elvira Le mostly because our currency has collapsed since this stupid pandemic. Any new games are going to be obscenely priced.

#11760 7 months ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Seems ok to me:
[quoted image]

Cool gif

#11763 7 months ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Garage shot:
[quoted image]

Another cool Gif, but that shot definitely looks clunky. With the angle of that left ball guide, combined with the post and rubber on the left of the ramp entrance, I could see how this one would reject unless the shot is perfect. Has anyone tried removing the rubber on that left post to open the shot up a bit?

#11797 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Saw this in a smoke shop yesterday.[quoted image]

The shop really looks smoky.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside