Topic Stats

• 12,246 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210108_020138 (resized).jpg
20210108_020106 (resized).jpg
Resized_20210106_145154 (resized).jpeg
no-stack-cones (resized).jpg
9DC9202A-B308-438B-BDF9-B34C9E7C70EE (resized).jpeg
20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG
IMG_1175 (resized).JPG
IMG_1174 (resized).JPG
DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (1 year ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (1 year ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (1 year ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#328 1 year ago

I’m really excited for Spooky for landing such an exciting and relevant license.
My wife and I love them as a company, what they stand for and how they stand behind their product.
It makes me really happy to see this much excitement and enthusiasm over a pin release announcement from this company. These are people that really care about Pinball and really care about their customer base. Just look in the club threads for the machines they have previously released and you will see how hands on they are with customer service and personal touch walking people through questions and problems.
This is the kind of company I want to buy a pinball machine from.
KT, Luke, Charlie and crew we love you guys.
Congrats on a great title.
Looking forward to adding a 3rd Spooky pin to our lineup.
You guys friggin rule.

#440 1 year ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

If someone wants to put this on route I'm not sure all establishments would be ok with a game saying fuck or shit all the time. For some reason bars and breweries have become playgrounds.

Not a problem.
Rob Zombie has a ton of four letter words in the call outs etc.
On that game there is a family mode setting that you can turn on if you want.
It even has an automated timer kind of feature where the game will go into adult mode after a certain time.
We have ours set to 9:00 so it gets pretty vulgar after the kids are in bed.

#460 1 year ago

This video has over 19,000 views in 18 hours. This theme has reach and interest well beyond the traditional pinball market.

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey don't forget the SUPREME video had like a million views! Right Odin?

Fair enough.
That said, how many Supreme pins went to traditional Pinball buyers?

#658 1 year ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I just wish jjp or stern got this. Spooky games are meh and maintenance is a pain in the ass from what I hear.

“From what you hear”
I.E. You have never owned one. Got it.

#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

What percentage of the 750 will be going to speculators?

I speculate it’s going to be friggin awesome, so there’s one.

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

What about the leftovers in the "fang club" that could have paid and potentially be left with no game?
No it does not look so simple at all (yes could well get technical, messy and Complex!) now that there are Two Limited Editions and no regular editions, for an obviously hot title.

How is it confusing?
Every Spooky pin is low production.
They are a specialty boutique “boo-tique” company. It’s part of the charm of this company.
Being low production is not the same as limited edition. Yes, it’s limited production but that’s a different thing.

I don’t see this as being all that much different than what they have done in the past with other games like Rob Zombie where the total production was 300 units. 250 of those were standard units, while only 50 were LE.
Alice Cooper was only 500 units, but the difference there was you could buy upgrades and customize the machine to your personal liking.
Personally I really like the way they do things. When you get one of their pins they feel like they are something special rather than a mass produced product from a hot dog factory.

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Agree most of this.
However games are also being allocated to distributors so if there were 750 Fang Club members they would not all get games.
This is why I think being a Fang Club Member doesn't totally guarantee a game ( was told this directly ).
I think it would help if Spooky addressed this before it gets messy.

It’s not their first go at riding a bull at the rodeo.
I’m sure there is some basic mathematics that would tell them how many they need for distributors VS fang club members and could cap membership or limit membership privileges/eligibility at any time for newer signups if they wanted to.
If signups get out of control, they might have to put a cap on it (simple).
I for one hope they have that problem.
Go team Spooky.

#1142 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well as long as we're all left to wild speculation...
I don't know how appropriate a "Blood Sucker" set of addons is going to be for a R&M theme? I assume Spooky has thought this through, but on the surface it seems like a dripping blood paint apron or whatever isn't really going to enhance the theme.
And honestly paying for a poster and the priviledge of ordering first (Fang Club) is distasteful, but I guess "Capitalism".
I dunno. I AM a fan of Spooky pinball, but not a "joiner" I guess.
PS> Iron Maiden 4 Ever!

I don’t think you get it AT ALL.
Spooky is a quirky boutique company with a creepy yet fun and playful horror based persona. Hence some of the plays on words like fang club VS fan club. Boo-tique VS boutique. They put the boo in boutique. Thus far it’s melded well with themes like Alice Cooper. Think of a bunch of punk rock/goth horror sci-fi nerds running a pinball company (pretty cool eh).
Blood sucker edition is just what they are calling that build level.
It doesn’t mean you’re going to get a Rick and Morty pin with blood dripping rails or a severed head for a topper.

You don’t like the idea of the fang club, great don’t join. Someone else will appreciate that spot.

#1312 1 year ago

I love all the jibber jabber about paying the fee for the fang club.
Because $45 to join is sooooo much money.
You're literally talking about the price of a pizza and a case of beer.

Seriously, we collect toys that in most cases cost several thousands of dollars.
Some of you make it sound like joining the fang club is a financial burden where you would need to get food stamps or eat ramen for a couple months to get your finances straight.
Anybody bitching about $45 isn't going to buy the pin anyways, so who cares.

#1326 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Would people in the US still be fine with it, the affordability for a "chance", if it was US$95 ... like it is for us overseas?
The cost should have been averaged for everybody I think. US$60 no matter where you are.
Over seas we already pay a financial and time penalty, this seems to kinda give the tyrany of distance a boosting slap in the face.

*tyranny

#1331 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Thank You!. I seriously Am one of the few who appreciates a grammar check!

No problem.
BTW, if people live in a distant land that is ruled by tyranny, they should probably move.

#1337 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Not ruled by tyrany Lol .... the distance from pinball central is the tyranny.

That joke clearly went over your head.

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Depends what language you read it in. I supose I should have put one "T" in "better"? Lol

Dude, I love the shit you type sometimes.
I read it in French, German, Spanish and Moroccan Arabic.
It wasn't until I read it in Klingon that it got really good.

#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Back to speculation on the game.
Is this a spinner near the flippers or maybe outlane?
[quoted image]

Not sure about what I think that is, seems pretty low on the PF to be a spinner though.
The second flipper button I would speculate could possibly be controls for the Portal Gun?
Just guessing with nothing to base it on.

#1779 1 year ago

Joining the fang club is like buying a guest pass to Heistcon.
Its symbolic expression of support for this genera.

I'm not a professional, so I'm not putting a crew together.
Although my I do have a getaway driver with Aspergers and my butthole is a demolitions expert.

Joined Dec. 4th at 2:33 order number AB- 1061

#1784 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Some people really underestimated this theme. People are joining clubs just to have the ability to order. If the pin is good this sells out for sure.

I joined before I even knew what their next pin was because my wife and I love Spooky and want to support them in whatever they do.
This thread was started about 2 hours after I joined and is how I found out.
That said, love the theme, love the company and are eagerly waiting to see pics etc.

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t understand the numbering system. I joined yesterday AB-1604
Does that mean already 1604 people in the club?
I’d rather have a mug or a hat than a poster btw.

No, it has something to do with an invoice number or order number.

I joined the club on Dec 4th at 2:33 and my order number was AB- 1061.
I ordered some shirts and stuff a little while later it was order number AB- 1314

#1795 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Also Luke does not care about grammar... trust me, I just told him 2 mistakes in that post and he said "I do not care".
He does not care.
He does care about Spooky and our customers though.
Remember people... you are getting some PRETTY COOL STUFF AND BENEFITS BEYOND THIS GAME BUY-IN WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIPS!!! That's the point of the Fang Club in the first place.
We know that's not why some of you are joining right now, but we hope you enjoy what we do with it all in 2020 anyway.

Compared to some people on here Luke’s grammar is impeccable.
Just sayin.

#1817 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

After you put down your deposit you are soul-bonded with your game.

Remind me to wipe your machine down with disinfectant if I ever play it.

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’d be curious to see which percentage of those interested in the Rick and Morty pin:
-Watched the show prior to the announcement
-Just started watching the show, since the announcement
-Didn’t watch the show, and have no plans to

If you're really curious start a poll.

#1857 1 year ago

Hell, I've still never seen The Shadow or Creature From the Black Lagoon.

#1873 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

You really owe it to yourself to see the original Creature From the Black Lagoon. It's one of the true universal monster classics with arguably the best creature design ever.
If you have access to a 3D bluray player and 3D TV or 3D projector even better as it was one of the best 3D movies from the Hollywoods golden age of 3D.

I know, I know, I even own the pin and have never actually seen the movie.
It's kind of crazy because my wife is way into monster and horror movies.
It's on my short list of things to do, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

#2146 1 year ago
Quoted from soren:

Hi Spooky. Congratulations on the well deserved hype train and a new game ready to launch.
I'd like to share a concern. I will strongy advice against mounting circuit board up to the edge line of the playfield. Anything really, not just circuit boards.
It may damage cabinet finish, whatever flavour that will be. But also damage the board. Maybe just enough for something to not work sometimes. And we know how nice such a problem is. Leave a margin big enough for production + transportation + maintainance + years of play.
Good job.
[quoted image]

I believe you are misinterpreting what you are looking at.
The image he posted is cropped and the edges were feathered with photo editing software (I assume to remove any visible image of the cabinet/art).
I.E. the photo was edited to remove the background/boarder and the edges of the play field with it.
Hence the random purple background in a rectangular shape with soft feathered edges on all sides of the image.

#2297 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Nice to see Charlie made the most of his hair while he had it! I'm in the same boat...

Hair is overrated.

#2468 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Andromeda always bothered me. You give that chick 4 eyes and that's it?
She should at least have 4 elbows, too. Sharp ones.

A lot of chicks shave these days.

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

The Fang Club emails are going out as I type. Fawzma is sending them in batches so just wait you will get one

And I’ll be checking my email like a fiend.

#2622 1 year ago

Damn, I have a 7:00 am flight to Philadelphia in the morning.
I guess I’m going to see if I can buy internet on the flight to place an order.
Otherwise, it’s first thing when I land.

#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Are you looking to get a blood sucker game?

Yes.

#2807 1 year ago

This is the most excited I've ever been for a new pin release.
Can't friggin wait.

Anyone else thinking that as the seasons go on new adventure could potentially be added?

#2832 1 year ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Are you going to have to sell another brothel coin to Rick to acquire?

LOL, nope got that covered with my year end bonus.

#2962 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

But, but. My grandma died and I was getting the BS edition for her!

In that case, you’re going to need a shovel and a flashlight.

#4275 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Can anyone post a link or tell me what page the teaser vid is on? I watched it yesterday morning but you guys are animals with posting and that was 40 pages back probably
Congratulations team Spooky Game looks great and can't wait to play one.

Spooky Youtube page
https://www.youtube.com/user/SpookyPinball

Spooky website
https://www.spookypinball.com

#4465 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't get the whole "I'm glad they used stock toys because I can get cheap replacement parts" argument. You're paying $7000+. What is all that cost for if not to development and produce some new stuff? You can look at it like you get cheap replacement parts later, or like you're overpaying for them the first time. TSPP was before the era of $7000 games so I don't think it's quite a fair comparison, but these days with these prices I think the price warrants original parts unique to the game, not an amalgamation of existing parts. I wonder if they pursued this theme in part because of the wealth of licensed toys available to use in the game? I hope it doesn't become a trend in the industry to cut costs by repurposing bulk item toys.

Because they spent the money on game design. If I want a bunch of toys on the top of the play field I can mod it myself(I can’t change game design or code). One of the great things about past spooky pins is that top moders really took the forefront and produced some really bitchen ad on.

#4629 1 year ago

I’m going the butter cabinet route for sure.
My birthday was the day before this went on sale and considering this a gift to myself.

This is my 3rd Spooky pin and I’m basically going full bore and decking it out.

Call it hype, call it FOMO, call it whatever you want, but I’m super excited about this game and feel like I’m taking part in something very special.

#5138 1 year ago

I’m just really excited that I was lucky enough to get one. I could care less about spots, placements, ship dates etc.
I live in a city/state where there is a big collector base for Pinball.
So far I’m aware of 4 other people that got one in my local area (Phoenix valley).
I may not know everybody, but I know most of the big collectors or hear what’s going on through the grapevine.
That’s pretty friggin awesome when you think about it. Maybe a few other people in my state got one, but that only inflates the figure a little bit (at best the number is double that).
We got one and that’s friggin awesome.
My wife and I are stoked and fully plan on bringing ours to ZapCon (our local convention) and letting everybody play it (this coming year or next).
I think people that got one should just be happy they got one.
There are plenary of people that didn’t get one that would love to have one.

#5179 1 year ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Yeah Boy. Got my email. I'm number #287!!! I was 1856 on the spooky receipt 9:10 am. This means My game will be made around the 29th week of the year which is around the middle of July.
Super stoked. I remember when I ordered AMH I was game #62 (receipt #40) and they had just finished building game #19 or 21. This was back in Dec 2014 when they needed fully HALF of the game price for a deposit. And it shipped July 22nd that year, the 29th week.
gotta love the synchronicity.

I figured you guys got one.
Good to hear that’s one more coming to AZ.

#5221 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Do you guys want to start an AZ Rick and Morty club thread to help make every post on pin side Rick and Morty related?
I don’t have my number yet, but I say whoever is first has a launch party for the other AZ buyers.

I’m game.

#5223 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Do you guys want to start an AZ Rick and Morty club thread to help make every post on pin side Rick and Morty related?
I don’t have my number yet, but I say whoever is first has a launch party for the other AZ buyers.

On a side note, been thinking about doing something up here on New Years if anyone’s interested. Got around 25 pins set up in the house at the moment.
I’ll be driving out to my dads house in California on Saturday to pick up my Sorcerer and a Swords of Fury I’ve got stored over there so could probably have those two set up as well.
If there’s enough people interested I’ll start a separate post.
Nothing crazy, but was thinking pot luck style where everybody brings something and I’ll supply the booze.

#5229 1 year ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Will you have a R&M?

In spirit.

#5231 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

This tread is build up faster than i can read.
Is there any gameplay video?.

Yes, there’s a couple on Spookys YouTube.
https://m.youtube.com/user/SpookyPinball/videos

#5427 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

100% agree. People acted surprised when I brought my Batman66 LE shows. I've brought it to multiple shows and love sharing it with others. These games are meant to be played and can easily take a weekend of heavy use.
This is the reason I wouldn't get a butter cab. No matter how careful you are, you'll get a few scrapes and dings bringing it to shows. I dont mind the little bits "patina" it acquires by schlepping it around.

I have no issue taking games to shows either. I’m usually one of the the last people to commit a games list for ZapCon. Namely because I go over a list of what’s already committed to the show and make an effort to bring things that are not duplicating what’s already being brought. Cheap machine or really expensive it doesn’t really matter that much to me.
I buy my machines to play them and quite frankly I get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing other people enjoy them as well.
Not to mention there is an added social aspect at shows when people see what you brought. I’ve met a lot of cool people as a result of bringing games that will come up and talk to you about your machines.

#5433 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I consider taking a game to a show "stress testing". If something is going to break, it would also be nice for it to happen when there are a dozen techs available (who know more than me) to help me sort it out lol.

It’s kind of a trip when something goes wrong with your machine at a show.
The first time I walked by one of my machines at a show where the glass was off and a tech was working on it I felt a little strange. I went and watched to see what they were doing. I can’t speak for all shows, but the techs I’ve met at the shows I attend have all been top notch and 100% know what they are doing.
I don’t even bother to go look and see what they are doing anymore and just let them do their thing as it cuts into my beer drinking time to stop and check it out.

Quoted from The_Casual:

Is this pinball Cuckolding?

I do wipe down my pins pretty thoroughly after a show.

#5476 1 year ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Luckily Arizona has some pretty OK techs.

Werd.
I was thinking about writing a book called "You're OK in my book" and putting your name in it.
Love you guys.

#5496 1 year ago

Did anybody else buy one of the Fang Club bowling shirts?
Sorry to report that I have already destroyed mine.
It it now literally cut up into pieces.
Call it modded or re-purposed if you will.

I sewed the Fang Club patch on the front of my leather jacket today.
The back of the shirt I converted into a back patch for for my jacket.
I already had a Lemmy ghost patch sewn on from TPF, so I have a spare one of those ill probably sew on a hat or my back pack.
Either way, you will see me rocking this shit at shows.
IMG_4324 (resized).jpgIMG_4322 (resized).jpg

#5499 1 year ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

“Bowling shits”???! Explanation needed!

Certain spooky items are only available for purchase if you are a Fang Club member.
Things like the Fang Club shirt and bowling shirt.

Heres a link the the bowling shirt.
http://shop.spookypinball.com/Fang-Club-Exclusive-Bowling-Shirt_p_30.html

#5506 1 year ago
Quoted from wamoc:

He was referring to typo of the missing r in shirt. Kind of changed the meaning of the item.

Meh, I have fat fingers.
Sucks for typing, but chicks dig it.

#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My wife was not impressed with my portal gun this morning. Can’t please everyone but I especially like the wall projection and portal sound it also makes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I could see mounting that under the cabinet somewhere so that it projects the porthole underneath or in front of the machine

#6068 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Putting something up someone else’s ass? They better be a sober, consenting adult.

Agree.
I treat this similar to driving under the influence and keep a breathalyzer on me at all times for such an instance. Anyone that blows above a .08% blood alcohol contents ass is off limits to insert objects into.

#6233 1 year ago

I wonder if everyone will post pics of the inside of their coindoor lock when they get their games like in the ACNC thread?
That shit makes me smile every time I see it.

#6281 1 year ago

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

― John Lydgate

#6294 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You wear the same pair of socks for a whole week?

Damn, I was just going to post that he should change his socks more often.

#6296 1 year ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

[quoted image]
For those of you that might be interested, I just posted an interview with Scott Danesi where he discusses some of the thinking involved with Rick and Morty and more. Find it in most any podcatcher or here:
https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/slap-save-interview-show-featuring-scott-danesi/

Sweet, I'll listen to it tonight after the kids are in bed.
Thanks for posting.

#6323 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jesus Christ, I thought Richie Wrench spam insanity was limited to JJP game threads.

To be fair, Pinside doesn't have a separate section for Furrys.

#6371 1 year ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Thanks for the kind words from some of you and for taking the time to listen to the our interview of Scott Danesi
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/126#post-5383402
For the record, I did push for a bit more info, even going so far as to ask for a music clip to play from the new game (he politely declined)... but I respect Scott a ton and was mindful of their need to keep some of the development plans under wraps until it is ready for public consumption. There are always questions after the fact that you slap your self for not asking during an interview, and that certainly applies here, but overall, I am VERY happy with how it turned out. Scott was a pleasure to speak and work with.
-Jason

Awesome, now just waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can listed to it.

#6490 1 year ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

[quoted image]
For those of you that might be interested, I just posted an interview with Scott Danesi where he discusses some of the thinking involved with Rick and Morty and more. Find it in most any podcatcher or here:
https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/slap-save-interview-show-featuring-scott-danesi/

Excellent podcast.
I wound up listening to it twice today while I was at work.
Really good content with a lot of meat on the bone.

#6533 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Had to bust out my old shirt in honor of this thread.
[quoted image]
Wrinkles & all.

59B1F7C5-43D8-425E-9EE9-C775664B2843 (resized).jpeg
#6574 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not sure if this has been brought up or not. Something I've been thinking about though.
Although it looks stylish and cool, how are these cutouts around the flipper buttons going to be on the fingers that are not on the flipper buttons?[quoted image]

Powder coating tends to smooth out edges and is really pleasant to the touch.

#6655 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Maybe I could buy both of you.....Hmmmm
I still think my margins are better in plumbing....But its an interesting thought.

Sounds like a pipe dream.

#6657 1 year ago

In business there is no way I could operate without writing checks.
In some cases thats the only option for paying a supplier.

In my personal life I probably write fewer than a check a month.

#6670 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Blows my mind Stranger Things has been on route near me since the 24th I mean holy shit can Stern crank out some machines.

Yep, and Mc Donalds sells a lot more hamburgs than the mom and pop burger joint down the street from my house.

Ask me which one I eat at more often.

#6976 1 year ago

If Weired Al has done a parody of one of your songs, you know you have made it big time in the music industry.

#7045 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

So I put a couple games on this today picking up my ACNC. It’s totally badass. Very unique layout and the theme is just so perfect for pinball. My brother and I were talking about it for our full 3 hr car ride. Well done guys.

Quoted from Chisox:

I don’t really have any beans to spill but I will testify that it’s the machine that the show deserves (I’m a fan). The theme integration is on point and it’s a nice shooter.

Exciting stuff.

#7075 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I still need to finalize some hardware, make a bracket, but the neutrino bomb cup holder turned out fairly well[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome

#7141 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Test playing the prototype R&M![quoted image]

LOL, nice.

#7167 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

This thread is becoming unbearable....
“I want a pinball machine based on a show where the main character is a crass drunk that blurts out inappropriate comments.... but only between the hours of 10pm and 6am.... and only at 70% of what the show would normally have.... unless it’s Friday or Saturday.... or when my kids are at their mom’s for the weekend... unless it’s a holiday.... but not during Christmas or Easter.”
Can we just say, if you don’t want your kids watching the show, then this probably isn’t the game you want in your house.
...unless you bought a standard from a distributor at 10:04:28 and your build number is lower than the BSE that another guy bought from Spooky at 10:05:17 from the website that wasn’t a Fang Club member but owns a TNA.
What in the serious fuck is going on here?!?

What a bunch of Jerrrys (said in Rick voice)

#7192 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

When somebody has a game.
Wait .. I have a game.
It's the janky whitewood; but it's a game!

Draw a pickle on it and I think we’re goid to open a club thread.

#7248 1 year ago

Soon enough the first game will ship and we can go to the club thread.
I’m really looking forward to this.

#7615 1 year ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Thanks guys! Wow, you work fast. I was planning on sharing it for all of you, but you beat me to it. Would have loved to dive a little deeper into the rules and details of the game but he couldn't share too much at this point. Hope you enjoy(ed) it.
Here is the link, and I won't clog things up anymore so I can eagerly follow the conversation with the rest of you!
-Jason
https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-53-bowen-kerins-interview-rick-morty-rules-designer/
[quoted image]

Listened to it last night before I went to bed.
Really great episode!
This is exactly the kind of content I want to listen to.

#7679 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Thanks for upholding the Pinside bully stuff. Hope you've found it fulfilling.

Does this mean you’re not going to give up your spot and repedidly punch yourself in the dick?

#7713 1 year ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Looks like free toppers for all[quoted image]

I love it.

1 week later
#8388 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The reason people joined Fang Club was to either get in on the 2 week pre-order of their next game (R&M) or to support Spooky, or both. It was certainly not for the poster.

I joined before the theme was even announced. As a happy owner of two previous Spooky titles I love this company and want to support them in whatever projects they do going forward.

For me it’s more about supporting a company I truly believe in. In the current state of the Pinball market there are far more options of where I can spent my money than there is money to spend.

Although a very nice thought, the poster was not a factor in the decision making process.

#8392 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Do you want spooky blowing money on better fang club swag (perhaps those stupid giant head figures?) or using it to make the game as great as possible?

I agree. From what I can tell the game play and layout looks awesome.

The fact that there are not a bunch of play field toys is totally fine by me.
I’ll take a really fun and well thought out machine over a bunch of toys 100% of the time.

Anyone that want a bunch of toys and mods, this is probably going to be one of the best blank canvases to mod a machine and make it uniquely your own in a variety of ways.

I am 100% certain the mod community will go all out on this once the machines get out there in public. Couple that with the plethora of Rick and Morty toys and merchandise thats out there for sale that can be incorporated into a machine in some modified fashion the options are endless.

#8511 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Hmph.. I joined first day and shortly after it was announced and I haven't even gotten a delivery notification yet. My drink is getting warm!! I need a Spooky Coozie!

Fortunately it’s cool enough in Arizona at the moment that I won’t need them right away, but those sure will come in handy for drinking beer by the pool this summer.

#8601 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

First--- there is Spooky DNA all over that lol. Squirrel, Lexi & spent hours rolling every poster, stuffing every tube etc so chances are there is most likely
long blonde & brown hairs in there somewhere lol
Second---- blame Uline its their tape
Third--- trade ya rain for the 3 inches of snow & -1 temps we have right now

My wife said ours arrived today.
Sadly I'm stuck in the office playing catch up and its going to be a late night.

#8611 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh no.[quoted image]

If that’s for real, that totally sucks....

#8614 1 year ago

My wife just said she’s thinking about getting her own Fang club account to get her own schwag.

#8617 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ya, the guy wears sweatpants

Did you check gameseum?
Sorry I had to.

#8662 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

My avatar is an Avatar, therefore I am exempt. I think...

I guess it only links to a game when you capitalize it?

#8841 12 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

87 million jerrys for sure. I save over $100 a month and I still watch just as much tv. Not sure why people like wasting their money.

But have you saved on car insurance by switching to Geico?

#8843 12 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You assume we all have affordable high speed access.
...or even high speed access.

This is actually a very valid point.
I live in a rural area where the options for internet are limited.

#8846 12 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm imagining a creek running through a cave, and you using rabbit ears on an old CRT.
Sounds amazing to me!!!

Not far off.
Our internet really sucks out here.
If you get more than two people streaming at the same time stuff gets really slow.

#9229 11 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can we get this conversation back to the important stuff?.......Me! [quoted image]

That’s really friggin cool.
I want one now.....

#9233 11 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

DO IT! They are plumbus cool!

I think I will.
I have a son who’s 9 and a daughter who’s 11.
I.E. I could get done as Rick, my wife as Beth, my daughter as Summer and my son as Morty.

We don’t have a Jerry, but we can blame that on him and Beth being separated and him living in a roadside motel.

#9247 11 months ago
Quoted from gutz:

If you don't think your family has a Jerry, I have some bad news for you...

My family actually has a shit load of Jerrys.
A family reunion would be like that episode where they have the Jerry day care center.

#9386 11 months ago

I didn’t watch the super bowl.
Frankly don’t even know what teams were playing.
Spent the day hanging out with the kids and moved some machines around and played Pinball.

#9448 11 months ago

So my wife goes to Starbucks most mornings for coffee and is pretty friendly with the girl that normally works the counter in the morning.
She knows that my wife and I collect pinball machines and has casually mentioned that she wants to come over sometime and check them out.

Anyhow, this morning my wife went in wearing a Spooky hoodie and the girl was asking what Spooky was.
My wife explained something to the effect that they were a boutique pinball company that makes smaller runs of really good games like Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper.
She then mentioned that they are making Rick and Morty and we were getting one.
My wife said the whole store went silent when she mentioned Rick and Morty and everyone turned to look at her, LOL.
Needless to say the girl at the counter said she's coming over when we get it.
I found this pretty amusing and thought I would share.

#9532 11 months ago

OMG, I absolutely love this.
The video integration is awesome and this looks like soooooooooooooooo much fun.
So stoked.

#9580 11 months ago

I love that the kalaxian crystals light up.

#9660 11 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

What’s the point of a mechanical pencil?

So you can write in outer space and don't have to pack a pencil sharpener.

#9662 11 months ago

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

#9689 11 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you all very much for the kind words! Just an FYI, I can confirm the spinner is jamming the ball in this video that was recorded today due to it not being balanced and resting off center. This is not going to be the case for the production games.
--Scott

Looks amazing brother.
I watched the video multiple times today at work and each time I felt like a kid peeking in his parents closet to see what he was getting for Christmas.

#9692 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is that end game music the same people who did the music for The Binding of Isaac?
EDIT: n/m I forgot that was from an episode, and I still have the same question.

It’s the Evil Morty Song.
BTW, the score for this show is amazing.

#9696 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I understand what it is, but that doesn't answer the question. It sounds exactly like something from whoever did the music for the video game The Binding of Isaac.

Gotcha, not exactly sure.
I went down this rabbit hole on YouTube a few weeks ago and found that a lot of the music was done by Ryan Elder (at least the music score kind of stuff that’s not bands like Mazzy Star, Chaos Chaos etc.)
http://www.ryaneldermusic.com/bio

#9712 11 months ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Just curious if there is anyone else like me on this thread. I have never watched an episode, have no desire to watch an episode. So all this pickle shit and other stuff is greek to me.
I do have one in the double digits that I should get in about a month to go out on to location, and only got it to route it. I make sure to get pretty much every new title out to a location for a short time and then either add it to the collection or sell it. Since I personally cant stand animated shows (south park, family guy, and R&M) this title will never make it to my collection, so it will find a new home 3 to 6 months after I get it. I take a gamble on putting out so many new machines (musters pro, cough, cough) but this one might pan out since so many people want it.
ps, dont message me to buy this spot, mine will be routed, and it will be routed for a minimum of 3 months, from then on, well I cant say. if it is killing it in earnings, it will stay, if not, ill find a new home for it

Not to sound like an asshole, but I’m not even sure what you are asking. Sounds like you’re asking people to predict your business model and what you will make money or not on route.
If that’s the case, my advice to you is to investe in Realestate as it’s a much better use of your money than pinball(as long as you know what your doing).

If you have no idea what this is all about, my advice is start watching season 4, it’s only 5 episodes.
If you like it go back and watch the rest in order (you can thank me later).

Will this make money on route (yes, unless you have a total shit location).

#9718 11 months ago
Quoted from Monte:

Yet, you still own a Rocky and Bullwinkle.

9F23D72B-5E50-4C33-A773-6C7E6B7CE6DC (resized).jpeg
#9727 11 months ago

you can be a smart ass all you want. my comments wasn't about trying to show off. My comment was about me actually trying to get things for people to play in the public that normally would not get to. Did you buy a Rick and Morty? if so, are you going to put it on route? If not, Ill give you a little lesson. In my area, Spooky games do not earn well. Regardless of how popular we thought the title was going to be. So even though you might get your dick all hard for this title, only thing that matters is if people put money in the coin door. However, I still continue to take the chance. 1st, of course to hopefully make some money, but also to just get pins out

So your saying Krull earns better than TNA????

I call total fucking bullshit on that.

#9732 11 months ago

reread my post apparently, I put Krull on freeplay at expo, never said it earns at all. And as for TNA earning, well if the 30 a week it earned next to Medival Madness that is 20 years old and pulls 100 a week, yeah, tna kinda sucked. Im friends with Scott, was at his house for the whitewood stream and personally really like TNA, but it did not earn

Sorry if I’m coming off like a dick.
I’m 5 jack and Coke’s in this evening.
My first night off in about 3 weeks.

#9736 11 months ago

well then, drink one for me brother, enjoy the night off. If you were anywhere close to me, id say come over and give my games some play, im sure ive got something here that you would find interesting

Cool man.
I get to the Chicago area a couple times a year for trade shows.

Doesn’t look like your all that far away.
I normally hit up the local spots in the evening when I’m not working.
Might try to make it out your way in April next time I’m out there.

#9739 11 months ago

vidgameseller
All bullshit aside, Rick and Morty is like a phenomenon.

As far as current and relevant themes go, I really don’t think you can go wrong putting this on location.

I really don’t know how to explain it beyond that.

Most major stores whether it be Target or Hot Topic sells Rick and Morty garb.
I really just can’t fathom how theme alone (set aside the fact that the game play looks bad ass) won’t generate money.

I like to occasionally sit on the sidelines at my friends arcades to see what people dump money in.
Star Wars earns like a MF, because it’s Star Wars(instant theme recognition). Theme recognition matters.
Even though you may not be familiar with this theme, it’s huge right now (and for a good reason).

#10095 11 months ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I will show myself out.

Damn, and I was hoping you were person of your word.

#10837 11 months ago

Thanks.
I went ahead and favorited the thread, just so it’s easier to find when it unlocked.

#10867 11 months ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

My fiends brewery is making these. Got a few cases for a tournament in running this weekend at The Sanctum.[quoted image]

I like what you got.

#10905 11 months ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Looks like Scott will be there[quoted image]

Just woke up and this is the first thread I opened up to look at.
My half asleep brain looked at this photos and for a second processed it as Jack having grown some crazy Alaskan whaler sort of beard.
Took me a second to realize that was his jacket.

#10943 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddict78:

You guys have been pissing for weeks. Just because you bought this game does not make it the cheapest and best game of all time. Alice Cooper has so many issues the only one I played on location was pulled in a month because they were tired of pulling the glass of from stuckys.

Can you please take this somewhere else.
Just because there's a small handful of people that want to get in a Stern VS Spooky pissing match, please don't lump us all in that camp.

#10951 11 months ago

Awesome stream today spookycharlie
Really enjoyed it.

#11040 11 months ago
Quoted from chooch:

Why would this get shut down? Constructive criticism was never allowed in this thread and god knows it's not allowed in the club thread. The StTh hype thread didn't get closed when the club thread started so neither should this unless Spooky is treated differently then other manufacturers.

I was thinking the same thing.
Theres actually some very good information in here.

#11106 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This thread now is like when your parents have gone away and you can get away with a lot more stupid stuff . .

I like this analogy.

#11113 11 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I guess most prefer the tighter

I know I do.

#11139 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You have to take into account ebay and PayPal fees... which basically net the seller a $1200 profit on top of the $1500 down payment. Or a tot of 2700

It still dictates what two buyers (the bidder and underbidder) were willing to pay at a given point in time.

#11235 11 months ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

Who the hell release the product week before Christmas when one’s paying attention? There was no party to be late to. It was a 24 hour party before they were all sold out. 24 hours is hardly a party.

You have 27 total posts on this website, with about 20 of them bitching about Rick and Morty.
If you would have spent more time reading the Rick and Morty threads than bitching in them you would know that distributors had them long after the 24 hour period you are referencing.

Please take your “poor me” attitude elsewhere. If you really wanted one you could have ponied up and put down a deposit on one. It’s not like you had to come up with all the cash at once.

Get over yourself.

#11323 11 months ago

Just got back from a night out in LA.
Awesome evening.
Got to hit up Ayce Gogi and finished off the night at Barcade.

6DA02374-096B-4F4A-B519-02CDD8169532 (resized).jpeg13DB0ADC-3A5D-4DF9-AD7E-ABAE732B608B (resized).jpeg2F671DD7-532E-4391-846A-609F2FF33588 (resized).jpeg4DE6C21D-EEC6-4914-A409-62AC09463EC5 (resized).jpeg
#11358 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Left inner loop was slow/clunky if we nailed it... but the spinner was causing outright rejects. And the right upper turn about passage also wasn’t smooth. It clunked and slowed.

Try putting half a drop of super lube on the ends of a spinner and see what happens.
After you try this, you will do it to every game you own that has a spinner.

BC172AB2-B5D6-4C9F-8264-95C03934A159 (resized).jpeg
#11362 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

that stuff is magical! I use it all over the place. Just a tiny drop is all it takes.
My TH spinner goes to erebor on one hit lol.

Yeah, it’s pretty awesome stuff and it really doesn’t take much at all.

#11364 11 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is that this stuff? Been meaning to pick some up....
Synthetic PTFE Precision Oiler, 7mL amazon.com link »

Yep, that’s it.
Give it a try and report back.

You will just start ripping spinners after you put just a dab on the ends.

#11380 11 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Benton WI is your typical small town where the population never changes.
Girl gets pregnant....guy leaves town.

Sounds like a smaller version of Farmington MN.

#11404 11 months ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Could you use this lube on a pinball shooter rod with out any problems?

Yes you could.
However, they have a couple different products though.
I use the oil (just a tiny dab, half a drop) on spinners.
amazon.com link »

For shooter rods I use the grease.
amazon.com link »

This stuff is way better than stuff like white lithium grease and the other products I have tried.

#11405 11 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yes you could.
However, they have a couple different products though.
I use the oil (just a tiny dab, half a drop) on spinners.
amazon.com link »
For shooter rods I use the grease.
amazon.com link »
This stuff is way better than stuff like white lithium grease and the other products I have tried.

One thing I forgot to mention about the grease is this stuff does not dry up like white lithium grease and some other lubricants.
Things like white lithium grease tend to dry up over time and get tacky and become the opposite of lubrication.

#11426 11 months ago

There’s nothing wrong with using a small bit of lubricant on manual plungers between the shooter rod and the sleeve.
Completely different concrept than coils and coil sleeves.

1 week later
#11645 10 months ago

Here is a picture of the back of that bracket from inside the apron on my Alice Cooper.
As you can see it's attached with three screws.
If you took the apron off and dremeled out those three screw holes a tiny bit so it could slide back towards the front of the machine a millimeter or two it would solve the problem.
This probably makes the most logical sense to me and would be the cleanest fix.

A more drastic yet equally effective approach might be to slightly bend the apron forward (wont have to be much, just a nudge).
That or bend the bracket that the apron mounts on with a pair a chanel locks (that would take like 5 seconds).

IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
#11690 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

What other types of Pandemic do you think there are?

I suppose something like a galactic pandemic could be possible at some point in the very distant future.

#11822 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

now the only question is how hard it gets hit by the people that will vote it down out of spite, lol.
Pinside top 100 has been broken for years.
Just go play the game and decide for yourself

It will definitely settle down into a slot somewhat lower than that either organically or by people intentionally rating it low. Jurassic Parked debuted at #1 briefly and settled in at #6 (also a great game).

Either way, great game and ranking anywhere near the top is a great achievement by Spooky.
Time will tell us where it settle and finds a stable place.

Congrats team Spooky.

#11825 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Spooky should change over to urethane post sleeves or make it an option.
I put silicone in my Diner and it didnt last 500 games, total waste of time
Im using Cliffy sleeves on all my games now.
They are the best.

Got a direct link?
I would like to order these for my ACNC, as well as for my Rick and Morty when it arrives.

#11872 10 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Whenever someone in my league is selling a pin we always offer to others in the league first (often at a below value price), just to keep them in the family!

I’m a big fan of this.
It’s important I think to keep things local in the community and hook up the people that hook you up.
Out here there are some that buy up all the deals on CL and ship them out of state.
Long term that means less Pinball here.

1 week later
#11887 9 months ago

Oh yes please.

1 month later
#11992 8 months ago

I think McDonald’s needs to tell us when they are going to bring back Szechuan sauce.

33E26EC3-0E1B-45FE-BD28-A33C029E871B (resized).jpeg
#11997 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys Im going through the options and was looking for help. The plastic protectors, Im assuming that doesn't mean a playfield protector? also the Kalaxian crystal matching door, is that just a color?
Does the blood sucker come with that topper?

Plastic protectors are just that = plastic protectors (has nothing to do with playfield)

Kalaxian cystal coin door is a color option where they powder coat it to match the rest of the trim.

Every game gets a topper.

#11999 8 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Plastic protectors for some of the plastics.
Matching door is for the coin door.
All games come with the topper.

Beat me to it.

1 month later
#12087 7 months ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Wow...just...wow! I just got to play this machine (there's one living at The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo, FL now) on my lunch break earlier today and the hype is real! Well, the hype is real for me at least. I paid for 20 games, got 1 replay and made #1 high score (no gc yet). I'd like to think I'm a fairly average player, usually get to put my name on a machine almost every time I go out, I generally win waaay more replays than that too...so take my opinion with what you will.
The callouts were all bleeped (this is in a bowling alley, so family friendly) but the innuendo is still there, it's still Rick, and he is still brutal. I was laughing to myself like some sorta weirdo while dancing away to the awesome sound track. The theme integration coupled with the soundtrack and custom callouts are such a treat. If I have to nitpick, I did notice once or twice (specifically the beginning of Whirly Dirly) that sometimes the sound level will be considerably lower than the level (volume) the audio was at prior.
Light show is amazing, that is all I have to say about that.
The shots are difficult, but so satisfying all the same! I had a few clunkers going into the left garage, the right inner orbit, and the scoop...but when I hit the shot right (total amateur here) it was beautiful. Did have the horseshoe give me a SDTM a few times, but it normally put the ball into the flipper. The magnet is supreme! Had to figure it out, but it is super fun and a great ball saver once you get the hang of it. The most fun part of this game has to be that pop bumper, what a breath of fresh air from dual slingshots, it is a blast and keeps you on your toes! I know this isn't the first time someome has placed a pop bumper there, but it works so well with this game and makes it flow so uniquely.
The monitor did look washed out, but this does appear to just be a settings issue...someone needs to get a Jerry to adjust the factory settings :3
This thing is a drain monster, but it's still a blast! It's going to be difficult waiting until late next year to have one of these at home, but I can guarantee I'll probably sink a couple hundred into this one in the meantime!
[quoted image]

I love that place.
Got to check it out in January when I was out there doing a trade show.
Can’t wait to go back there when the world goes back to some kind of normal and I can travel for work again.
Glad to hear they got one.

1 month later
#12162 5 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

WTF ! Can I get the English translation of this post? Actually don’t I like puzzles...

I believe that is actually an English translation via google translate or some other program like that.

#12165 5 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Can you decipher it? I misplaced my decoder ring.

Not exactly.
Just commenting on how some translation programs fuck up sentence structure like a soup sandwich.
Being as he’s from Germany I assume the original text was in German and put in a translator.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Sale Pending!
Roswell, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside