20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ckrueger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 4 years ago

I'm totally in. Got my Fang Club signed up and cash ready!

I'm a little nervous that there's a Plumbus and my kids are going to ask me about it. But if part of the deal in having a R&M is having The Talk with the kids, it's worth it.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I’ve heard plenty of people rave about the show. Checked out some clips after this announcement. Tries too hard to be quick and clever. Seems fine for the ADD generation. Not for me, unfortunately.

Respectfully disagree. I don't care if people think it's clever, I just dig the absurd humor.

Do what you like, but you might find it more entertaining if you watched an episode. Many things are impenetrable if you just grab a bit from the middle. Ever try to jump into the middle of a stand-up routine?

That aside, every new post I hold my breath for a playfield shot. Every new post is someone making another R&M reference, and I get more hyped. This is going to be a long night of anxiously glancing at this thread and wondering what the heck I'm going to sell out of my basement.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

You had me at Custom callouts from Justin Roiland!
Anyone who is a fan should play “Trover Saves the Universe “
His voice work is essentially doing the Rick and Morty voices in a bizarre R rated VR game.

Also, Accounting has the man himself with different characters. The game is bonkers. You'll find yourself just sitting around being heckled by the tree guy for minutes, and screwing with the various characters is hilarious.

And there's a R&M VR game, proper.

With all the VO in those games, I'm optimistic that there's going to be a lot of great VO in the pinball table!

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Let's see what's going on with Pinside tonight.... WHOA! Was it something we said?
Working closely with the license ... more stuff to come soon. I will confirm this, game will have A FAMILY MODE! And it's gonna need it.
Peace among worlds...

Thank you for the family mode. I’m in for one, and I was assuming I’d just have to keep the table off when my kids were around.

If there’s a Mr Poopy Butthole on this table and my 7-year-old asks about it.... oh man.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

at only 750 though, these are gone.. this is a ravenous fanbase.

750 Limited Edition games, I saw in the video. I assumed that meant 750 LE’s and there would be a “standard” edition, too.

Does anybody know for sure? 750-and-done would be....unfortunate.

#223 4 years ago

Personally, I think they’re going to blow through 750 units pretty quick.

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We consistently build 10 games a week at this point. We very rarely ever miss that mark anymore. We have done 500 a year the last 2 years. We dont plan on breaking that system for now. We have to be very careful as a small company. All of our guys are full time and they count on that paycheck to feed their families. If we get to the point where sales consistently demand we could expand easily. However you just never know how that next title is going to go over and how the market is going to be the next year. We never want to have a day at spooky pinball where we have to walk people to the door because we dont have work for them. It's just not what any of us are about. There are more important things than big numbers.

I see, I didn’t know the scale you guys build tables at. I’m in for one, and I’m sure you’ll end up selling out. This is a great theme, and I trust Scott has a great design for us.

I just hope I’m able to get one.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm really excited to see the reveal. I'm not one to buy sight unseen but if the layout and art look good I may be a buyer. It's one of my favorite shows to watch with my infant son when he gets up at 4a.m.

I don't really buy before I play (let alone SEE), but with the people involved in this one and the theme, I'm willing to stick my neck out.

If this is all a practical joke and the playfield is a haunted house bagatelle, I'll sell you mine at a good discount, Mike.

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Sorry just watched the clips for the 1st time. Don’t get it, DUMB. Looks like a men n black cartoon rip off. Oh we glad others are happy. REN and Stimpy I discovered late but much better or Aqua Teen Hungerforce.

Can all you guys who feel the need to tell us how much you dislike the TV show go start a thread in off-topic? Half of this thread is filled with people arguing over each others' opinions of various TV shows.

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Gen X is vastly overlooked......and underestimated.

Just ask ‘em!

I keed, I keed...

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Baby Legs an interdimensional cable bit. They're improv scenes that the animators take and animate with little to no direction.

Best part of the show, IMHO. The show seems half-improv all the time, but the cable shows leave my jaw slack every time I see them.

Oh man, what if there are fake doors on the pin? Drops that immediately pop up?

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I have seriously been called a sonofabitch more in the last 2 days than my other 51 years combined.
Apparently people are watching the hell out of season 4!
I'm in.

Watching Season 4 now I can't help but think "they put this scene in cause it would be a great pinball mode". Collect the heist members? Are you serious!? That's practically MADE to be a way to qualify a mode!

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

No wonder the world is messed up today people who like and watch this shit.

Please stop trolling.

#1199 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

If you are on a list, it should go that way. If not, find a different distributor next time. That's for my company. I cant speak for the ways other do it.

I’m happy to have Kingpin taking care of me on this one. Everybody’s all freaked out about how hard it is going to be to buy a R&M. I told Kingpin I want one, and now I’m going to wait for my BSE to be built. Easy peasy.

I’m still going to refresh this thread hourly to see what the reveal looks like, of course.

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

When first images are shown......
Please with excellent resolution
750 units will be gone in 60 seconds, if not spoken for already.
Charlie cracked it at the expense of Godzilla , A perfect slide of hand perhaps ?
So I must ask ,,,, why limit a killer title to 750 ? I do very much appreciate Spookies responses with level headed comments, Thank you Charlie for staying cool.
but hey there could easily be a 2 year run with ramp up on R&M if the execution is what I think it will be. ( KILLER TEAM !!!!! )
Bottom line is...
Hope you can up the ante on numbers deployed if required and continue to keep it real Team Spooky

At first I thought they were making a mistake by calling this table a limited edition and telling us they won't make any more R&M tables, ever. But think about it:

750 units at <=10/week is 75 weeks of building R&M. If they start on January 1 2020 and manage 10/week solid throughout the whole run (clearly not possible) the last table would roll off the line June 11, 2021.

Spooky has said they don't want to hire a bunch of staff intending to have a string of megahits and then have to lay people off when one table doesn't go stratospheric. So, 10/week is their business model, and at that rate 750 total units should carry them 1.5 years. One would presume they intend to keep designing pinball tables, and it's a safe bet that by the time 750 rabid R&M fans have their tables that there will be MORE hype for whatever's coming next.

Consider the options:

1) Limited run of 750: They will easily sell 750 tables with a combination of rabid fans, gotta-have-it collectors, and FOMO. When they're done they tear down the production line and start making their next thing. Nice and clean, and they're nearly guaranteed to sell 750.

2) Limited run of 1500: They MAY sell all the tables. But they have to hire a bunch of people to do so, and suffer the giant HR hassle of temporary staff. No-shows, walk-offs, and staff who are either bad at making pinball tables or are good but take a dozen tables to learn their trade. I'll pay extra for the "Non-Temp Edition", please.

3) Build 750, but leaving the door open for future runs: People will play wait-and-see, like many of us do with Stern releases (like I'm VERY glad I did with Deadpool, and wish I had with Ghostbusters). They might sell 750, but there won't be a rush. And a couple years from now when more people want R&M, their production line will be busy with their newest table. Spooky added uncertainty to their 750-unit run, and gained a PITA later to re-tool to build a few more tables for those that weren't sure they wanted a R&M.

Knowing that Spooky can make 10/week makes this 750 unit limited run a very wise move, IMHO.

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yeah, it is a smart move for them...
Also, 750 and leaving the door open: Wait and See? ... in some respects why not? ... if they are confident it is a great game, some people want to test first then buy after that without the pressure, FOMO. It can sell on it's merits that way. TNA people realised is a great unique game, eventually, and now demand is still there.

Could be! It's a tough call. On the one hand, they may sell some more R&M's. On the other hand, they're probably going to sell at least as many of whatever's AFTER R&M's 750, if they can keep the hits coming.

I like low second-hand prices, but I'd rather see more new designs from Spooky that are hard to get my hands on than fewer, more numerous tables. And it's not like I couldn't get my hands on an AMH or RZ or TNA tomorrow if I REALLY wanted one.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I don’t buy the worry about not staffing up because of having to lay people off. Everybody’s job is expendable. I’ve been with a company for 20 years, and if I finished my project and there was no work or the economy was slow and business was down, I’d be gone in a month. That is the most extreme case we are talking, usually life is more manageable. Letting people know the risks when you hire and train them allows everyone to feel safe and cuddly.

I've worked for small shops where layoffs are a Big Deal. So I disagree with you there. But if you don't see it, think of other factors:

1. It's expensive to hire and fire
2. Benton, WI doesn't have a huge labor pool to pull from
3. More production = more overhead (real estate, equipment, administrative staff, etc)
4. Some people just like working in a small shop, with fewer people

We've got a pinball market that stretches from Stern down to Spooky, and I think we're all fortunate for that. Stern can do things Spooky can't, and vice versa.

#1473 4 years ago

Is one of the Bloodsucker Edition's features a tub of cheese balls shipped in the cabinet?

Is it true the games ship with a cheese ball dispenser in the coin door?

Is the second flipper button used to have a backup when the first one is too coated with cheese goo to operate properly?

I need more details about this game....

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I lied about the cheese balls.
But that really is a hammer.
It says so right underneath.

It's a cheese ball cover up!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-2-haunted-house-party/page/8#post-5331356

We got 'em, guys! <air high fives>

#1503 4 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

34k views doesn't mean that many purchases though. Does anyone know if you get an order number when you put down your deposit? Then we could tell how fast they are selling out.

It's well-established fact that each view is worth five purchases.

That's why people are so freaked out. They're only making 750 games, but they're already clocking an estimated 170,000 orders, and adding roughly 35,000 orders per day.

#1561 4 years ago

Friendly thread reminder: we're about to go wildly off-topic again, this time into free market economics.

Pinside really is like a Choose Your Own Adventure book. We're all trying to find our way through the thread to learn more about R&M, but in the end we always end up falling into a spiked pit.

#1581 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

There are obviously alot of costs associated with scotts RGB spending habit lol many improvements on the game and a high profile license however i think we can all agree a wildly high price increase is not in our companies book of tricks.

For the record, I'm all in favor of Scott's RGB habit! The rest of the industry should be embarrassed at the light show in TNA. Part of what I'm looking forward to is the awesome RGB wipes, full-table "flashers", and situational GI coloring from TNA brought into this new pin.

Quoted from MikeS:

It will be interesting to see how many people end up going for the Blood Sucker Edition through the Fang Club. Since that edition is built and ships first there will be extra pressure to pay the extra $525 and make sure that you don't have to wait a year + for your game if as many people opt for it as I think. Regular editions may not even ship until 2021?

Yeah, that'll be interesting. I'm in on a Blood Sucker Edition, but I can see many people not wanting to throw down more cash for non-functional upgrades.

#1794 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

2. All emails in the Fang Club memberships will get a warning email that includes the time of sales opening, with a link to our website where you can purchase the game.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

8. YES we will show the game before we actually open sales. We don't believe in selling a game the customer can not see first.

See those quotes, everyone? Everyone can just sit back and relax. Nothing's going to happen until after the game is shown.

After images come out, Fang Club members may resume freaking out by pounding refresh on your email client. Except those of us who are buying through a distributor. We'll keep chilling out until our distributor has our pin ready.

Thanks for your service, Kingpin; I'm not going to develop OCD over Christmas.

Excellent info dump. Thanks, Luke!

#1978 4 years ago

I have it on good authority that this is actually the TOP SIDE of the table. That's the innovation.

Also, look at all those pretty RGB lights..... drool.

#2263 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Are you sure they're committed to P-ROC? I heard Ben has made a cheap P-ROC clone he's been pushing, because that's what the pinball world needs, yet another one-off, proprietary pinball controller...

You can see the P3-ROC boards in the under-playfield shots.

#2313 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Taxation is theft :p

Theft implies you’re getting nothing in return.

#2726 4 years ago

I’m in for a BSE. Very nicely done, Spooky, the game looks fantastic!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW MUCH MORE ADULT THE REAL GAME CALLOUTS ARE. I will not share the real words here but these are real custom call outs from Justin Roiland written by him. We have the real characters sound and video. Yes it is exactly as vulgar as the show. Setting to make it PG will be included.

Thank you for making a PG version. If I’m being honest I might not have been able to buy if the game sounded anything like the show without the beeps.

Is PG speech mode adjustable by clock, or do I have to go into the menus each time?

#2838 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The left plastic looks like prime real estate for mods. I'm thinking I need to make an inter-dimensional cablebox

Cripes, I'm already considering mods for a table I haven't yet bought. I'd have to wire a power cut switch for it so the kids don't watch Interdimensional cable. Regular cable is already scarring enough.

#3027 4 years ago

Would anybody be mad if I tested the site's code by trying to order 749 R&M's?

#3524 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You can actually dial the filtering up and down; because why not. You could set it for 10% unfiltered, and every time it says a thing, you have a 1 in 10 shot of it being uncensored.

Wow, you can adjust how freaked out Tipper Gore would be about your game!? How unnecessarily cool is that!

#3840 4 years ago

Congrats to everyone at Spooky! That was a heck of a launch day! I've never seen a giant thread like this on Pinside where everyone is so positive and excited. It's some kind of Christmas miracle.

750 tables in four hours... that's about 3 tables per minute, eh?

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

HEY !
I bet Stern is really happy they stole Godzilla - lmao
Karma is a bitch - nice to see the good guys at Spooky come out on top of an initially disappointing situation.

I know every theme has fans, so I don't want to poop on anybody's favorite theme. I'll just say this: look at the hype around R&M and then look at the hype around everything else that has come out recently... I think R&M was a good choice.

#3891 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you do plasma in RGB? Because that sounds rad, but .. you know, single color won't do.
[quoted image]

Just pop one of these TNA RGB bulbs in there (I'm sure that's what's already IN the pop):

https://www.pinballlife.com/p-roc-rgb-pop-bumper-board-assembly.html

Then make a pop cap that has a portal graphic printed on the backside, ala Stern's flat pops. Put a color light show on the pop and you get the cool effect without a custom part.

#4113 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Deadpool &amp; GOTG could have been really funny, but they went with bad fake voices &amp; hokey writing.

In fairness, Ryan Reynolds (as much as I love his performance) is just one voice of Deadpool throughout the years. The voice of Deadpool they used has played Deadpool before... I believe in a video game?

Also, Brian Posehn wrote the Deadpool pinball script, but he also co-wrote some EXCELLENT Deadpool comics. This one is one of my favorites, but there's a bunch in this run that shows off Posehn's chops:

https://www.amazon.com/Deadpool-Vol-1-Dead-Presidents/dp/0785166807

I was very much looking forward to Deadpool pinball, but turned it down for two things: not enough voiced content, and the crossover shot to the ramp is absolute janky garbage.

#4144 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Wow. You're right. Not only did they put a toy on a spring but it isn't even an original toy.

I never quite got this one... toys are awesome. Toys on springs....suck?

Should Spooky mount the ship on a stick? Like all the other Hallmark ornaments people are going to stuff all over their tables the instant they get them? Would the ship be cool then?

The ship is stuffed with RGB LEDs. That's more than I can say about the TIE fighter on my Star Wars, or any of the molded figures on my MBRSE, and I don't much care that it has been seen in another product before.

#4206 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Not all toys are awesome. Putting something on a spring just seems lazy, like they didn't bother to find a more interesting and complex mechanical function for it. Having it be an off the shelf toy that already has lights in it makes it even less special. I think when you buy a $7000+ pinball machine, you think of it in some sense like a box of expensive toys that work together, and part of the reason we all pay so much for them is because they're unique to the game.
If you take the sum of parts in the Rick and Morty game, is it worth the price tag? That's up to each buyer... But I think I'd feel a little disappointed that the centerpiece toy is not unique to the game, even if it is incorporated well. I didn't feel the need to order this game so it's not a problem for me. Maybe I'll even buy myself the ship for $15 and glue a pinball to it and feel like I got a piece of the game.

There’s not much in the way of what people call toys that I’d call awesome. I rarely even notice Smaug on Hobbit, and that’s one of the most elaborate toys around. The Borg ship in TNG is huge, but to me it’s just a bunch of plastic to hide mechs. Why spend a ton of cash putting gigantic cosmetic toys in a game?

To me functional design elements are more interesting, cause you interact with them in the game. Like the drawbridge in MM or the crate in SS. Toys are more to fill space and make the table look more like a “world under glass”. I think the ship and house do that nicely, and there’s a big swath of space on the left of R&M to put anything you like. I suspect I’ll go with the TV showing Intergalactic Cable if someone makes one, cause Intergalactic Cable is mind-numbing fun, and it’ll give me something to watch while the bonus counts up.

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

What does the shot to the house do? Does it orbit around or do something else?

The garage leads to a subway that pops out (immediately!) to a trough at the left in-lane.

The spinner is a left-to-right orbit.

The right orbit can come out by the spinner or land in the garage hole depending on the status of a diverter.

#4541 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... the light show is awesome... but what about playfield lighting? Do you guys think this will need a few spotlights or will this be good as is?

Consider TNA had pretty dark playfield art and it was plenty bright. R&M is lit similarly and its art is brighter. Should be OK.

Full RGB on all lights gives Spooky the ability to make some awesome light shows, as we all saw in TNA!

#4703 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

There is no magnet on the left side. That plate is in there to help guide the ball smoothly into the inlane or if bouncing from side to side, will slow the ball down. I was originally going to put a small U shaped wireform in there but this looked better. There are 2 "settings" that can be configured in this left inlane by using a rubber or not.
1: No mini post rubber: very fast entry to the left inlane and fast delivery to left flipper
2: 3/8 OD mini post rubber (pictured in video): slowed down entry and delivery to left flipper
You could also be super brutal and take out the mini post completely. This would be a fast entry and would widen the crap out of the left outlane. Whatever the option, this little angled plate does serve a purpose. You can see in the video how it slows down the ball to deliver it to the flipper. I am torn whether or not I will remove the mini post rubber on my personal game.
--Scott

Thanks for the clarification! That GIF had me thinking it really was a magnetized plate.

No rubber for me, I think. The cool trick with the portal is that it's a fast movement from garage to portal. More speed = more cool!

Getting more anxious by the day.

#4724 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Portals man. Sometimes they lead to a place you weren't expecting. Then you have to recalibrate your gun.

Have that as a Rick callout whenever it happens, and suddenly that's a feature.

#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If only we had some stuff recorded about 'adjusting my balls'. Oh wait.

Everybody keeps throwing ideas out at you guys, and you keep saying "did that". You're really taking the air out of Pinside's attempts to find something to gripe about, ya know?

#4764 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... you have the ball cradled on the right flipper and want to shoot the right orbit (which you can't hit from that flipper). How do you get the ball to the left flipper? Would a post pass work on this machine?[quoted image]

Invent the Pop Pass.

#4954 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

And now they've started lying to their customers saying 60 online orders were for multiples in the first 100....
1790 to 1794 is 3 machines
1794 to 1804 is 7 machines
1804 to 1818 is 13 machines
Where are the multiples???? What a joke!
I'm sorry but they're just straight lying about orders now to hide shoveling hundreds of distro orders out between 50 online?

Dude, you’re trying to read a build order of pinball tables given a stupid order number on an eCommerce system?

Did anyone at Spooky ever say that these stupid order numbers equate to pinball tables?

Did anyone at Spooky ever say that if you order first you’re going to get the first game?

People need to walk away from their order numbers and chill the heck out.

#4980 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Don't take this wrong way I'm not trying to be offensive here

You have a funny way of going about it.

Please, chill out about the order numbers. Order numbers are not pinball tables. I placed order #111-8094688-0292218 at Amazon earlier today, but that doesn’t mean I’m getting anything before the guy with #111-8094688-0292219.

Everybody’s tell you to take a deep breath. Please listen to the sage wisdom of Pinside.

#5176 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Honestly, he should have never mentioned it at all. Sometimes trying to be transparent is a bad thing, as people who think they see the whole thing, really see nothing at all.

No kidding. You wonder why Stern doesn't venture into posting on Pinside? Because a few whiny children take any information and turn it into a temper tantrum.

Grow up, guys. You bought a pre-order pinball table, and you knew full well you'd be waiting something less than 18 months to get it. If you don't like it, sell your slot to someone who is OK with the wait.

#5184 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I think it is disingenuous to pretend that no one is supposed to feel at all disappointed when they find out their wait time is twice as long as all previous information appeared to indicate.
I doubt the folks being so clever, saying baby this and snowflake that, are even buyers. At any rate, their behavior reflects on them worse than does that of those affected by their own premature calculations.
Please note I have not and am not complaining, myself. More time to save up, and good reason to concentrate on getting a few EMs working that have gathered dust for too long, not to mention the free big ball bowler I scored last week!

Point taken about the name calling, but folks here made themselves a straw man out of inference and order numbers and are now bashing it when reality didn't meet their willfully-ignorant expectations.

It's foolish, and it serves no purpose than to start a flame war. All Spooky said was "we make 10/week", and "we ship 50/50 between distributors and direct order". Everything else is reading tea leaves.

#5310 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

To be fair, Spooky also said they were starting to build 10 a week after xmas which definitely was an implication that games would start shipping to customers then. It seems like that isn't the case and that I think is what stands out to me. We all knew we would be waiting some amount of time at 10 per week but the implication was if you joined the fang club you'd have the opportunity to get in first when really it seems like first is many games down the line from the first week of production.
Also, it was very clearly stated that the only people who would have access to the early sale were fang club members but then it was later announced that if you called a distributor you could just join the club later. That seems a bit disingenuous.

I see that there's some inference in the communications from Spooky, and reasonable people could read their words different ways. But I think the response from a few people here is way out-of-proportion. This is not a Predator or JPop situation. Everyone was told they'll get one of 750 tables, and production starts in January. Nobody here was given a build order.

Spooky's a little company. Making pins will take time. Let's all buckle in for the long haul of seeing "I got mine" posts and people obsessing over how much their shipping company is screwing up. We'll be here for 18 months, give or take.

#5353 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Hey Scott, being (some) licensed music, are there any plans to release a soundtrack like on TNA?
On a side note, I listened to the TNA soundtrack yesterday and wow, it is amazing. Here's to hoping it gets released on vinyl someday.

Make a record of Scott's stuff and I'll buy it, themed as R&M or not! My turntable is down by my pins, so I'd play it while working on my games.

#5672 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Chris (kingpin) is a great choice for a spooky distributor. Chris is a huge supporter and part of the Milwaukee Midwest Gaming Classic we have every year. The show wouldn’t happen without his help and all the amazing things he brings to it! Got my Monster Bash from him last show.

Ditto. Got my MBR from Kingpin, and I'm getting my R&M from him as well. He's top notch!

#5774 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Circling back to this one; This is all in the code now.
There's a quick toggle on the front page of the service menu (Enter service menu and hold the launch button and it will swap between your current setting and "off")
AND
There's also a time based option you can turn on and then set a START and END time. In between START and END, the swearing is forced to OFF, outside of that, it goes to whatever your current setting is for the filter.

Thank you, Eric! This is a big feature for my house. This is going to save me a lot of grief setting the table back and forthe.

#5994 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Full RGB is my favorite feature and one I think a lot of people don’t realize how much they enjoy as it’s occurring. I think all modern games should be full RGB at the prices we are paying, it should be table stakes. Love loge love that it’s being focused on here.

Agreed, it’s table stakes for me these days. Seeing it first on JJP tables with some very nice light shows on Hobbit, and then done REALLY well on TNA, a game would have to be incredible for me to buy without RGB lighting.

#6525 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Hilarious but the fact remains that a company promised if you purchased one of their games you would be able to purchase future games before new customers....this didnt happen. I relied on this company to live up to their promise to perform as I pay for my games in full and hold up my end of the deal. Call it what you want its your opinion but I hope you dont find yourself in this situation one day.
If you dont want to read my comments simply skip over them.

Spooky addressed this a while back. I think it might have been in the Spooky podcast? As I remember it, their position was that if they continued the "prior customers get first dibs", all tables would sell out to the same customers, forever. They aren't interested in becoming a gigantic production line like Stern, so they simply won't have the capacity to produce a table for every one of their previous customers without also limiting their tables to previous customers.

The Fang Club was the solution to this conundrum. I understand your point, and if you want more information on why they chose this solution, I encourage you to go check Spooky's Fang Club podcast episode and read up on Charlie and Luke's posts for more detail.

#6701 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

It's such a shame too because I honestly find the content of The EM Dungeon interesting and informative. But the presenter drives me insane. I don't know if he's trying to be a "character" or was trained in an older style, but his. Fo r c i b l y. S l o w. S y l l a b I c. S p e a k i n g. W i t h. A. P e r i o d. A f t e r. E v e r y. W o r d. Not only gives him a monotone, it becomes downright insulting after a while. I almost feel bad criticizing because he genuinely seems like a nice guy... but every now and then you hear him speak normally and it's like *arrrrrgh you're not getting paid by the second and I'm not stupid so why the hell can't you talk normal through your whole segment?! **
I don't mind the content. A transcript would be informative. But yeesh, I can't stand the narration anymore. It makes the segment incredibly painful to listen to especially driving down the road.

Use a podcast app with speed control. I speed up all podcasts to varying degrees, and it saves a ton of listening time. Most of them I do at 1.25x and they still sound normal. The EM Dungeon segment I put at 1.5x and it sounded fine.

In other news, how has nobody reported that Rick said "Lionman!" in the podcast? I'm so psyched for the callouts. I think I'm going to turn the "adult" callout percentage down real low, to up the shock value of Rick berating me. It'll also really stretch how long the game feels "new", as I hear new things every time I play.

#6815 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Some detail on the 'family mode' filtering.

Thanks for the details, Eric! I appreciate you taking the time to explain features, to say nothing of actually developing the most comprehensive family filter ever seen in pinball!

#6901 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Knockers are a inherit part of pinball , if knockers are annoying or scare you I think you're in the wrong hobby

Disagree. They were created to let everyone around you know you're the alpha pinball player in the arcade. It was a knocker because we didn't have any other way to make a distinctive noise.

I'm in this hobby to play pinball. Knocker thunks are irrelevant to me. I turn off all my Stern "knocker" beeps, I turned off my Taxi bell, and I turn off knockers when they are obnoxious.

But hey, if you like 'em, buy the knocker. Looks like Spooky made a good choice on an optional feature!

Now, how about that shaker? I'll buy it if it's well-integrated into gameplay. Such as a little bump when a Meeseeks goes bad, or jolts when a mode is completed or some such. Seeing haptic feedback done well on the Switch and on the iPhone has made a believer of me. I suppose you'd need power control to do some tricks, but it seems an underutilized device to me.

I'll guess I'll wait to see what Eric whips up for us!

#6913 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Incest anime...where is the club thread for this game?

Yeah, can we tone it down a bit? It's starting to look like Tumblr in here.

#7056 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Guessing same as TNA.
Would be interesting to see how many people would pay for the quiet version as an optional extra? Probably $100 extra?
Makes sense not to include quiet version in BOM, but as an optional extra it would be popular I think.

I hate loud fans. I'd pay for a quieter power supply that was under warranty. But yeah, NewEgg sells hundreds of case fans that will do the job.

#7118 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys
Bear with me if i miss any of your emails or don't get back to you. Our guy created a new email for me [email protected] He ported all my old emails over but it marked all of them as unread and jumbled the order so i cannot find most of my stuff! Also dont be afraid to call us at 815-541-0054 if you cant reach us in email form!

Oh, you poor soul! Good luck sorting that mess out.

#7122 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Right click
Mark All as Read....

Followed by six pages of Pinside bitching "I asked Spooky what my build order is and didn't get an answer. I heard they're taking the money for R&M and flying to Mexico!"

#7128 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

This is cool and all, but aren't 99% of people just going to have it all the way on or all the way off?
I guess I just don't personally care if kids hear swearing considering they exist in a world with the internet.

Look back a bunch of pages and you'l see a bunch of parents asking about this. Definitely not 99%!

#7138 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

That's just because of the rarity of the callout, not how "dirty" it is.
I just don't see any words as "dirty", just a sound wave nothing more really. The only thing that really offends me is censorship.
But I do stand corrected, looks like this is a feature people actually want.

There's a difference between censorship and limiting explicit content, though. Those of us using the feature are generally doing so to avoid small children hearing something like "stick it in your ass, Morty!" if they aren't quite mature enough for that kind of language yet.

I don't think many would want to censor the explicit language for those who want it!

I imagine some operators will appreciate their game not dropping F-bombs on location, too.

#7147 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Test playing the prototype R&M![quoted image]

I bet that coin mech doesn't work.

#7198 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, the club thread already exists. Scott is the OP of the club thread. It’s locked temporarily till game one ships pursuant to current Pinside rules on club threads for specific games.
Club threads are (of course) moderated differently than normal threads, there is little tolerance for negativity, complaining, or baiting in club threads and some people in this thread would have been ejected from a club thread. We want “pre-release“ drama, speculation, art critics, debating and the typical pre-release complaining to stay quarantined in the hype threads...which for R&M is this thread.

In that case, the club thread can't come too soon! Someone post a pic of game #1 soon, please!

#7326 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

That seems extreme

Have you READ this thread? We aren't dealing with a lot of rational people, here....

#7374 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

742 Pins to be made,742 Pins,they made 2 today,and took them away,740 Pins to be made!!!

Please stop. We can all count. Nobody wants to see three hundred of these posts.

#7382 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Hold on guys let me get my popcorn...

Don't worry. Flame wars only work if two people participate.

#7472 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't have any other games with magnets. Does this require different balls, and will they get magnetized over time and the captive ball stick to the flooble crank? (probably over thinking this).

Standard carbon steel balls generally work fine. You'll find a variety of opinions on which balls are good, or if any balls are better than others. Just replace them if they start to become affected.

I had some of the balls on a Space Jam that would become so magnetized that they would come to a dead stop in the (metal-wired) in-lane, so I'm a believer in some-are-worse-than-others viewpoint. I buy Pinball Life's standard balls now and haven't had problems with my magnet-equipped games since.

Your mileage may vary... you can find extensive threads on magnetization if you're interested.

#7589 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Megaseeds are Bonus, and each collects 5% of your score at the end of the ball!
I guess that means that if you collected 20 megaseeds then end of ball Megaseed Bonus value, would be 100% of your score?
*I don't know if there are other additional end of ball bonus awards, and if they would be applied before or after the megaseeds bonus multiplier.... ?

Remember when people were wondering why the heck you'd change dimensions when bad things may happen and all you get is a lousy seed? I guess that's our answer. Risk/reward.

Sounds like getting as many seeds on your first ball as possible is going to be valuable. Sounds like fun! I love "do it early" or "do it late" gameplay features!

#7772 4 years ago

I bought a Star Wars and jones'ed for the R2D2 topper for months before finally giving up interest, and then was happy I did when I saw how much they ended up wanting for it.

I wondered if Spooky would even make a topper for R&M, and if I would buy one, and then Spooky tells us "oh, we're making one and you can have it for free."

This was unexpected, and unnecessarily generous of you, Spooky! Thanks so much!

#8064 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

YES!
Please, for the love of god, no fucking bluetooth on a pinball machine.
A cord is still 10x easier with 10x better sound you jerrys, and yes I've thoroughly tried (and returned) airpods...
Side note, and I know Danesi would be a fan of this....1/4" headphone jack AND 1/8" jack.....you know this is the way...

I have AirPods, and I love 'em. But they aren't built for high-quality, full-range audio. Bluetooth is convenient, and "good enough" for most applications.

Quoted from dts:

I've found one with my distro. Love the show, love Danesi, love how the game turned out, but any thoughts on content with 8 and 12 year olds?

Turn the swearing off, but we're all fooling ourselves if we think this is any more appropriate for an 8yo than watching Family Guy on network TV.

We're buying one anyway, and it'll be a teaching moment for my 7 & 9 year olds. I'm fully prepared to have the "your teacher said you called another kid 'Mr Poopy Butthole' at school today" talk. It's the cost of buying this game, and I accept that. It's if the sex bot makes an appearance that I'm a little worried.

#8314 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

not sure if in that 21, but ours will be on location, Arcade Odyssey in Miami, FL

ugh, I have a bag of 100 of those I'm going through pretty quickly, on location they snap after a month or two, total waste of money, going back to superbands after... probably fine for home use though

Superbands play so differently on flippers, though. Not in a way I like, personally.

Is it just the flippers that fail for you on location or the rings, too? I've got >2yr old silicon rings that are holding up fine (at home).

Quoted from TigerLaw:

The real key to pingulps is to have two on your TNA, since it is the best four player game in the history of pinball.[quoted image]

Why not four? The bolts are long enough....

#8410 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

We got a notification for something from Woodward Printing also and I was asking my wife what we ordered. Thanks for confirming!

Got my Fang Club schwag today! Came in a tube from Woodward Printing, so that's what it is!

#8536 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Apparently this has a lot of R&M fans upset on the Twittersphere.

What kind of dumbass am I that I never thought of doing that with Pringles?

#8898 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

No thanks. Keep your super hero shit in your stern games. PASS.

Like R&M but hate superheroes? Or is it superheroes = Stern, and Stern = bad? Either way I don't get it. I want all the things! Rick berating Beast or Iron Man for being second-rate geniuses, or riffing on the "Juggernaut, bitch" meme... cameos are good stuff!

#8904 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

No, Im fine with the stern and their super hero games. I enjoy xmen, avengers is alright when setup right. Deadpool is the same, its gotta be setup right. GOTG is meh. There have been a lot of super hero games over the years.
I just dont care for the overload of the same type of theme. I dont feel like im a super hero playing the game after Ive done it over and over. It loses its luster.
Lets keep our rick and morty game about rick and morty. There are vindicators to be made for days. The assembling of a team with undoubtably happen.
No need for a cross over. Plenty of material.

Fair enough. I certainly wouldn't want to emulate Family Guy by making the whole thing about call-outs to other media. And you're right, there's a ton of material to pull from in R&M proper. But the show makes plenty of references, and I certainly wouldn't mind if they pulled a sight gag or two with any kind of R&M-art-style cameos they could get their hands on.

I guess I trust the creators to deliver something that's not out-of-character for the show; I'm sure whatever we get is going to be great!

#9079 4 years ago

Thank goodness they didn't build R&M with the bell from Taxi....

1 week later
#10565 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes
wide variety of local, regional, and special stuff
Always something new and fun to try. Beyond pinball and games, this place has got it rocking when it comes to beer selection.
Granted the pinball selection is pretty top notch also

The pins at IO are fantastic. And heavily played, so you may want to plan your visit around busy bar times for 20-30-somethings!

#10755 4 years ago

Congrats to I/O Arcade Bar and Madison Pinball for hosting the stream! If you're near Madison, WI, it's a great place for games and pins.

Game lineup here: https://ioarcade.bar/#games-section

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ckrueger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=ckrueger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.