20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sorry, but have they released pics or price yet? I'm still in a little haze from last night.

Whatever price they were considering likely just went up considering how people are tripping over each other to send money now without seeing any pics. Spooky was smart to put this little teaser out there to gauge interest. Everyone keeps saying 750 is not enough so they can pretty much charge whatever they want considering what Stern and JJP games cost.

#1842 4 years ago

Flipping will be strong on this at first. Getting a low number is basically winning the lottery. People hate to wait in this hobby and will want it ASAP. By the time 750 ships there will have been a lot of new titles released and the hype will have settled down. I'm getting the popcorn ready cause there will be a lot of sour people once the flipping starts.

So how is the number determined? Is it in order they receice payment? How do distributors get their numbers? Do you get a lower number going through a distributor or directly through Spooky? They can pretty much assign the numbers however they want and I imagine their friends and will be among the first to get them.

1 week later
#5555 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got mine. 170.

Shocker

2 weeks later
#7251 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

not to whine and beat a horse.. But how is it I'm number 530 placing my order 9 minutes after this game goes on sale, and someone like Ken Cromwell from special when lit talks to a distributor weeks later and gets a spot in the mid 300's? I guess I should have just waited and called a distributor after the fact.

It's all about who you know. Kaneda supposedly got a number less then 86 from Pinball Star.

#7388 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Not really “who you know” as much as having an existing relationship with a large distributor. Distributors commit to buying anywhere from 10-100 games or more, so naturally they will have a lot of spots. Given we know Pinball Star had spots in the 50’s range, it doesn’t sound like K got that big of a special treatment.

I been buying NIB pins for a long time and well before it became the popular thing to do. I know all about relationships with distributors and preferential treatment because I have gotten it myself. I was not aware of anyone who snagged a number below 100 that purchased directly through Spooky's website and I didn't know calling in was an option so when he mentioned his number I figured he went through a distributor. I was wrong and willing to admit to my mistake. Pinside please forgive me.

#7393 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I too wish I'd known this was an option. There are others that called as well and got very early numbers as a result.
I have to laugh a little bit, I recall Kaneda making fun of people who set their alarms to get up early to get on their computers and order their rick and morty in hopes of getting an early number, when he himself did the same thing just through phone call instead of website, and since he got an early number of course he's happy and has no complaint.

I have no problems with him getting a low number and I am a fan of his show. I found it funny as well that he would be one of the first ones to get it when he stated on facebook the reason he went in on Rick and Morty over other titles was because of the opportunity to flip and sell it for more money when he decides to part with it unlike recent Stern LE's which have dropped in price (i.e Munsters). Which is fine and everyone flips games for profit I just find it ironic because there are people who are dying for this theme and hate that they have to wait months and he will have sold his by then and already moved on to TMNT or GNR. It makes sense now why he never sold his spot because that would have been a dick move to Charlie after he got a low number.

#8025 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I am surprised anyone would bring that shit into this Thread.

Exactly. This is a Spooky thread. If they want to be negative go in a Stern or JJP thread. Only positive things are allowed here.

#8360 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

The seller on eBay and the person who listed the R&M here on pinside is basically located on the same city (Dublin/Colombus).
I'm guessing that he tried to sell on ebay, the buyer didn't pay for it for some reason, and now the guy is trying to re-sell it here because of the fees and pain in the rear for selling it on ebay. He's asking for the same price that it sold for on ebay since that's the "market value".
Just a guess.

My guess is he had someone he knew shill bid just to see what the public was willing to pay for it. Then once the auction was over they canceled the transaction and listed here so there are no ebay/paypal fees. I really cannot imagine someone winning the auction and then deciding to cancel because they didn't want to become a Fang Club member for $45.

2 weeks later
#9572 4 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Top 3 spot on pinside top 100 and it stays there. Period...
Time to blow the dust off the existing top three..
“Spooky Pinball just walked on water with this one!”

Why stop there? Let's just make it #1 and crown it the king that will never be topped based on a 15 minute video.

#9737 4 years ago

Thanks for ruining the circle jerk @vidgameseller. Pinside was about to climax before you had to bring negativity into it.

#9770 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm going to give an unpopular opinion and vote that this be designated as the official Club thread, and that the Rick and Morty / Rick and Morty Blood Suckers edition be consolidated to count as one pin for tracking and rating purposes.

It should be the club thread because god forbid you say anything negative or have concerns about this game the lynch mob comes out with thier pitch forks.

#9778 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Remember sometimes a tough shot or a shot that burns you once in awhile is what makes the game difficult and really keep you coming back for a long time in the home environment. That combined with super deep modes is what keeps them from getting boring a couple months later!

Depends. A tough shot like the hole in one on NGG never gets old and is satisfying to make where as this dribbled back down and just made it look clunky. An inner orbit should be smooth and Scott said it was getting rejected by the spinner so there was something wrong in that video. I don't think anyone made the garage shot from the upper flipper and that is the shot I expected to be challenging in this game.

#9796 4 years ago

nogoodnames222 Thanks for proving my point

#9864 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This show encapsulates everything wrong with millennials. My god what a bunch of annoying people
And I made it work so I can see live and we get this? Bring on pinball

Were you expecting 60 minutes?

#9891 4 years ago

Gotta love our community

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9909 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Libtech, I said if someone wants out, not profit! I will gladly pay the same amount as the desposit.

So would a shit load of others. Not going to happen. Best bet is to get on a distributor list or just wait a few months and see if anyone bails as they get impatient.

#9918 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

That was the point. Some people go onto the next best thing and might not want to wait a year for their machine.

With the video release yesterday the hype train is at an all time high and approaching light speed. Some people will bail down the road as life events change, new titles come out, etc so you just need to be patient.

#10201 4 years ago

Why not just have an optional video mode? One button accepts and the other declines and gives you points instead. People who hate them can skip and people who like them can play. Then everyone is happy.

#10767 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

given that jack is now (apparently) a stern employee, I wonder if they'll see the stream as conflict of interest?

Maybe if Spooky was a threat but 750 games over a few years is a drop the bucket for Stern. Nothing against Spooky and their business model works excellent for them and will keep them full over the next few years.

#10772 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I only comment since the club thread will be opening in less than 24hrs and this one can go full dumpster fire if needed

Nothing I said was negative towards Spooky and when it's all said and done Stern will have sold a lot more StTh then 500 along with TMNT, LZ, and whatever handful of titles they release by the time Spooky ships game 750. GAP has always flipped games and that is nothing new. I know for a fact if a title is hot he will not sell his entire allotment and will keep a few just so he can flip once the market demand peaks.

#11037 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This thread had a great run and it earned me a ton of pinside internet points. I'm OK with shutting it down. Let's all move to the real R&M thread started by Scott!

Why would this get shut down? Constructive criticism was never allowed in this thread and god knows it's not allowed in the club thread. The StTh hype thread didn't get closed when the club thread started so neither should this unless Spooky is treated differently then other manufacturers.

#11047 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

In before the lock... for the 95th time!

There are two TNA threads (one club and one non-club) so why would this get closed? Nobody is forcing you to read this one anymore.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png

As machines go on location I look forward to hearing unbiased feedback from others who cannot speak freely in the owners club thread without fear of getting lynched.

#11048 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

would i sell my spot, a much better number, for 3k or even 4k? nah...i want the machine.

So much for that. Guess this explains why you did so much bitching about numbers over the past few months. Wanted as low as a number as possible so you could maximize the profit.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (personal) - “Just listing my BSE deposit for what I consider a ridiculous price because if anyone actually wants it for said ridiculous price I'd be happy to sell it. Price is firm unless I de...”
2020-02-15
New York, NY
3,750 (Firm)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 586 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11061 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

with this [quoted image] HAMMER TIME

Ok, that cannot be unseen and now it's time to close down the thread.

Quoted from Zablon:

Who cares what someone does. It's their money. You're not badgering the person buying it...

People are entitled to do what they want and plenty have flipped their spots already. He was just so vocal about the numbers people were receiving and kept posting those lists. I think he is smart cashing out now just like Gryszzz (who likes money).

#11102 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Really? You pick the IBTL post that makes fun of IBTL posts to criticize the IBTL posts with?

Not intentionally and yours just happened to be most recent post at the time I made the comment. If it would make you feel better and rest peacefully tonight I could revise my post to include the IBTL post prior to yours.

#11120 4 years ago

Whatever happens I am sure you will let everyone know, lol

Rick and Morty Standard Edition Spot bid up to $1800 with 24 hours left to go!
What will the final price be? Will the seller collect? Not mine.

Less than an hour left on the ebay auction for the Standard Rick and Morty Spot. Only $2125 for a standard. Just double the original price!

Bids are flying up! $2428!

$2,800 with 20 minutes left!

$3,000! We are now looking at a $9,000 plus accessories, delivery, and tax fee for a Rick and Morty Standard being delivered in Summer 2021!

$3250 with 6 minutes left! Will this be the first 10k Rick and Morty?

A Rick and Morty Pre-Order spot... for a standard... just sold for $3,550. That would bring the total price, for the machine to be delivered in 2021, to $9,545 plus tax and shipping and whatever accessories they buy. $10k by Christmas may be an understatement.

3 Bidders on the next ebay spot already. 3 days left. $1750 so far. I say this one pops at over $4000 after the latest stream.

Another Rick and Morty spot coming up on Ebay ending in 5 hours. #680 BSE. Currently at $2025. Will it hit 4,000 for a high number?

#11161 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Entitled much?

The owners entitlement far outweighs everyone else. I see a lot more posts with owners saying "hey look what I have" compared to the few who missed out and said they wish Spooky made more. This entitlement is why I hope JJP makes more POTC and Stern makes a TronVE just to knock everyone off their high horses.

#11262 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

There's a funny story behind why Stern didn't get R&M, but it's not mine to tell.
YEAH I'M GONNA BE THAT GUY.

Then why even post in the first place. Talk about being a cock tease, lol.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11367 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He would like to have one someday, missed out, and plans to vaguely y’all it down in hopes he will find a deal.

With all do respect Hilton fuck off. 27dnast is entitled to his opinion and you should go back to the owners thread and continue to cheerlead over there. God forbid someone who played it comes here and says anything negative. It's not like he trashed the game and said it was a piece of shit. He was respectful of Spooky and Scott and gave his honest opinion after playing the game yet you want to chase away anyone who has some concerns.

The owners thread is open so you have no business being over here anymore acting like a thread moderator. You bitched when the owners thread wasn't open yet you are still over here after it is. Yesterday when the operator posted about not getting a low number you told him to take that shit over here and it's not for the owners thread. So do us a favor and stay the fuck out of this one.

#11370 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Wow. You seem like a real treat.
Acting like a thread moderator? Sounds familiar.

I did say with all due respect. Sorry but people who play the game should be able to come here and post their honest opinion without being told they are lying just to drag down the price so they can get one someday. He wasn't even negative towards the machine and just voiced some of his concerns.

#11372 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Your second statement was completely dismissed the moment you harshly told him to fuck off. "With all due respect Hilton I think you're slightly out of line," would certainly have come off as more sincere.
I cant say with all due respect fuck you and expect you to constructively listen to what I say next...

Lighten up Francis. It was a nod to Talladega Nights.

#11374 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Real obvious Talladega Nights reference there.
Judging by reception it was clesrly one of the more memorable quotes.

Thanks and glad we are in agreement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=chooch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.