20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3073 4 years ago

Trying to buy a Spooky bowling shirt. Why won't the page load?

#4396 4 years ago

Yeah, you have to watch from the beginning. I actually don't find any single thing in the show THAT funny, but I still love the show. It's funny in spurts, but the sci-fi angle, the recurring storylines, the continuity between multiverse versions of the characters, and the fact the show is "complex" enough that there are fan theories on who's who and what's what is what makes the show so good.

#5315 4 years ago

Now that's taking Get Schwifty way too literal!

Take off your pants and your panties...

#5874 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The thing about the portal shot is it's basically like shooting a left orbit (I think they said you can do it from the right orbit as well). The problem here is...that doesn't seem to lend itself to a satisfying shot...at least in any game I've ever played. Now, I assume since it goes from there to your left flipper every time, there will be a bunch (hopefully) of different combo skill shots set up from left flipper to be made related to whatever mode it goes into.
Generally satisfying shots usually are on difficult ramps or something that is impacted by the shot (dropdowns, bash toys etc). I think what will be important is the outcome of how the 'adventure' ends. Do you play only 1 adventure at a time? Do multiple adventures play out at the same time? I'm not sure I see any potential 'satisfying' shots here, but much of that will come down to rulesets. EDIT: I guess the whole left orbit to upper right flipper (which I keep forgetting about) and up the ramp, etc will be those shots.

Yeah, I had hoped that the portal shot would be more like the ring shot in LotR where it went airborne off a ramp and into a hole in the backboard that represented the portal (backlit in green or something). That would have given a ton of impact to the ball materializing in the left inlane right after it flew through the backboard. Oh well.

#6302 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I am reading through this and wondering how (if) I should even react to you statements. Are you implying that I did something wrong by allowing the customer that have helped grow my business have first access to the new game? Are you aware that this has been Spooky's model for every game after amh up until now? The only reason it was changed here was because they (spooky) had more previous customers than buildable games. For them, this was the only fair way. I suspect this is also why pinball star did it the way they did. Will I someday have to turn to the same sale style? Hopefully, but in the mean time i am still small enough to not have the volume of customers that the others do.
As for luke "even talked about it," so what? My customers EARNED the privilege of having first pick at the new game. If luck or Charlie or anyone at spooky has an issue with the way I run my business they will let me know. Fyi, I am also one of spooky's tech support people that answers emails on Christmas eve, after 10pm and even offers facetime to help walk through problems. If I was doing ANYTHING wrong would they let me help them?
Not that I need to explain this, but even after ALL of my previous customers confirmed they wanted a game, new customers started getting games in the mid 200's.
I'm sorry that you are frustrated by the lack of communication from your distributor, but that doesnt mean you should come here and try to attack spooky or myself for doing business they way we feel appropriate for our customers. On the next game you want, find a distributor that will work the way you want things done. That's the nice thing about pinball. The products are all the same no matter who you get them from, so it comes down to who you makes you feel like a priority and not a paycheck.
I believe you even reached out to me about getting a game. Had you stuck with that you would have a number (and even possibly earlier that what you will end up with). I truly do feel bad for you guys that are waiting, but I have done nothing wrong.

R&M will be my 3rd Spooky and my 4th total game (Hobbit) I've bought through Chris. He's seriously the shit. I've have the opportunity to buy each game direct, but chose to buy from him since he's been great in every aspect of the pre and post sale. I've had a few minor issues with my games YEARS later and he's still super responsive. I would unequivocally recommend Chris / King Pin for any future game purchase!

1 week later
#7132 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

That's just because of the rarity of the callout, not how "dirty" it is.
I just don't see any words as "dirty", just a sound wave nothing more really. The only thing that really offends me is censorship.
But I do stand corrected, looks like this is a feature people actually want.

It's not just that, it also has to do with accessing a larger pool of callouts. ANY callout gets old if you hear it too often. Putting the setting on a mix broadens the number of clips you can hear.

For example, I have RZ. I typically have it set on adult mode. But there are "family" mode clips that are still good/funny. Occasionally I'll set it to family mode for a while to hear different audio. I've been asking for a while to have a setting that puts all audio in one pool and pulls from it for greater diversity. This is the benefit of the mixed audio setting vs just being an on/off switch.

#7601 4 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Idea for a multiplayer Topper...
I just listened to the first portion of Slap Save's most recent podcast...great job by the way on that show. Listening to Bowen talk about how you are a Morty and how there are challenges in keeping track of progress across games...I began to wonder if it would make sense for Spooky to come out with a super innovative topper that not only looks awesome; but, also incorporates an aspect of player recognition (XBOX Kinect based sensor like), multiplayer support and remote code updates which would be delivered via the topper which could have the necessary networking components to make it happen and connect via USB to the main system. Advantages I can think of doing this is that having your networking components on top of the machine would give better wifi coverage. Kinect Sensor used to identify players (facial recognition) would be in an ideal location above the machine looking at the player, and having embedded cameras (audio and video capable) for net based play against other locations would be awesome. Cameras could also be used for streamers (go-live integration). And on screen display could be done in a non-obtrusive postage stamp view like way where the feed comes across of the other player in the corner of the main display for the machine so you can see and talk to the other person across the net. Hell, lets use our Fang club memberships as a player identification system. In order to do online play you would need a Fang club membership which would be great value to us and bring an ROI to spooky on an annual basis. Maybe even multiplied value for them if each recognizable player would require that account with them. Then spooky maintains the game history, profiles, high scores, game updates distributed as part of the Fang membership. I for one would pay a lot for a topper that would incorporate that much functionality and look good at the same time. Spooky could stay focused on building code functionality now with the intent on doing something along these lines many months from now as a way to bridge additional sales in between game creation while dipping their toes int he water on multiplayer based functionality.

For one, I hate (like truly despise) toppers. But putting that aside, I will never again pay Spooky (although technically I paid Fawzma directly) for something that promises future game-integrated functionality. I bought the Rob Zombie apron mod a few years back because of what it was promised to evolve into. Well, that never happened. I still support Spooky when it comes to their games -- I bought TNA and have a R&M reserved. So I don't hold animosity toward the company in general. But I would never, ever buy something related to a game based on "all the cool stuff" that it will supposedly do someday. Fawzma seems like a cool dude, and he was certainly busy frying bigger fish than the RZ mod. Who knows, maybe he'll actually work on it someday before I die. But for now, none of that makes my burnt $300 feel any better.

Live and Learn!

#7667 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Not a derail at all IMO and I'm bringing this back. I would absolutely pay good money for a big content update years down the road after the game has already been sufficiently polished, the concern is opening the doors for paid DLC would allow manufacturers to ship unfinished games and then charge customers for what should have been delivered in the first place (can you imagine if Stern were to charge for it's substantial updates on something like Batman?)
But if 5 years from now, Spooky announced a Rick and Morty Expansion Pack with more modes, callouts, animations, etc? I'd be ecstatic and would have no problem paying hundreds of dollars for something like that, or whatever Spooky would need to charge to justify bringing in voice actors and reassigning programmers to an old game. I've got a LOTR and recently realized the "Cave Troll" scene was disabled, it's dumb how excited I got over a single new animation/scene I had never seen while playing the game on location.
That being said, if Spooky/Scott/Bowen/Priepke want to do essentially the above, for free, all the more reason for me to keep giving Spooky my money in the future

You hit exactly what I was going to say. If this hobby had a track record of delivering complete code on games, and DLC was above and beyond that, I think many would be on board. But EVERY manufacturer is releasing games with incomplete code, so introducing DLC becomes a slippery slope. How would you define complete? What code updates do customers deserve as part of what they paid originally and what qualifies as a future up-charge?

In concept, I like the DLC idea to breathe new life into old games that otherwise wouldn't get touched. But there's so much cynicism around code (and rightly so) that this won't fly. The first time some manufacturer did this, everyone would assume they were sandbagging the initial release and that the DLC should have been included for free. Based on how long game code has taken every manufacturer to complete, it would be hard to argue against that feeling.

#7800 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just curious, are you gonna hate this topper?

Well, I'm not gonna be the one dick that complains about a free topper. I get they cost a fair amount of money and it's super cool and generous of Spooky to include these with the games for free.

That said, I just fundamentally don't get the allure of shit on top of a game. This is obviously cooler than the stuffed animals and action figures I've seen some dudes put up there, but still. So, there's a decent chance I never connect this and leave it in whatever box it comes in. We'll see.

Regardless, class act by Spooky because obviously I seem to be the only asshole not losing their shit over this. SPOOKY ROCKS!

#7802 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You are one of those freaks who doesn't put Whipped Cream on their Pumpkin Pie, aren't you?

Pumpkin pie sucks.

1 week later
#8818 4 years ago

Season 4 is on the Adult Swim app.

#9291 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

If your open to making a new friend, I’d love to come over and seeing it being played.

Quoted from Yelobird:

When we get it absolutely. Granted you wouldn’t See it being played you would just play it! Watching me suck at pinball isn’t much fun trust me. I’ve amassed a decent collection sadly I’m only great at playing a few. Lol

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Add me to the list?

I’m only 30 minutes away from you guys.

I'd say you guys could come over and play mine, but it sounds like I won't nearly have the first one in the area. I'm guessing I won't see mine until Aug/Sept.

#9890 4 years ago

Based on the first 30 minutes of this show, I predict the Spooky part will be the most awkward pinball stream ever. All of a sudden I'm feeling even the pinball portion is going to be pretty worthless. Totally the wrong format to do a pinball stream.

1 week later
#10690 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I for one am not saying anything about the game. I personally have been expressing my disgust regarding the trojan sale.

It does not matter what industry you consider, this type of sales tactic is dysfunctional and hurts customer base.

When you see this type of behavior... you call it out. If you accept this type of behavior. It becomes the norm and encourages the progression of such tactics.

As a new pinball enthusiast I may be naive but I will not give loyalty to a company that pulls this type of move on me or anyone else.

At the risk of perpetuating the off-topic Stranger Things talk, can someone briefly describe what this is about? I haven't followed the STh released at all, and from all the negative talk about that thread, I'd rather not dive into the cesspool searching for an objective description of what happened.

#10732 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well you also have to factor in the likelyhood that the early games will have a bunch of issues that will be discovered and fixed in the later production units. I'd say if I were to trade you for my low 300's position, I'd actually be doing you a favour!

TRUTH

I love Spooky, and this will be my 3rd Spooky game, but I don't ever want to be at the front of the line again. I'm too busy to be someone's play-tester, and that's halfway how I felt with TNA. I want a new game to work. I don't want to dick around with excessive tweaking (beyond the adjusting all new games require), or the need to install replacement parts. I still have some residual (minor) issues that I wouldn't have had later in the run. That said, I did avoid the run of people that had the playfield problems, and they came after me, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm in the low 300s on R&M and that feels about where I'd want to be from my perspective.

3 months later
#12010 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

one of the mods that people are developing that use that DBV slot

Any insights as to what these other mods are? I'm not interested in the headphone kit, but I'd like to know what else may use the DBV before I choose the option without it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.