Topic Stats

• 12,246 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210108_020138 (resized).jpg
20210108_020106 (resized).jpg
Resized_20210106_145154 (resized).jpeg
no-stack-cones (resized).jpg
9DC9202A-B308-438B-BDF9-B34C9E7C70EE (resized).jpeg
20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG
IMG_1175 (resized).JPG
IMG_1174 (resized).JPG
DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (1 year ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (1 year ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (1 year ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (1 year ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arzoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1772 1 year ago

Joined the club and hoping this will be my first Spooky pin! After reading through this thread (well skimming a bit), one thing I was surprised to see were the posts from SpookyLuke. The fact that a pinball company is willing to participate in a conversation with their fan and customer base is just fantastic! I’m just use to JJP who keep their customers totally in the dark. Anyway, hoping R&M lives up to the hype!

#2294 1 year ago

How awesome would it be if the upper playfield (assuming there is one) had a set of in-line drops, or even better, a Danesi lock! Not likely due to the large mech required, but that would be really cool!

#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What you're describing sounds like BKSOR.

I hate the upper playfield on BKSOR, kills the flow of the game. I'm sure Spooky can do it better.

#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What does the BS edition get besides the powder coating? In the key post, Charlie mentioned some other surprises he couldn’t talk about yet before reveal.

Early build, before all the standards.

#2980 1 year ago

Just noticed the toilet from The Old Man and the Seat on the left side of the cab. That episode only aired a couple weeks ago!

#3117 1 year ago

Pinballstar for the win!

Do we have a pinside owners thread (or is this it lol)?

#3208 1 year ago

Anyway to know the the number if purchased via distrib?

#3277 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Did I miss the Butter option or is that done later?

later.

#4165 1 year ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Subway portal seems to take up a lot of space on the middle left, wish they could have added some shots there.
[quoted image]

I had the same thought but there's an entire ball trough under there for staging multiple balls.

#4167 1 year ago

Can we start using RAM rather than R&M? Ampersands are a pain.

#4219 1 year ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

The Borg ship in TNG is huge, but to me it’s just a bunch of plastic to hide mechs. Why spend a ton of cash putting gigantic cosmetic toys in a game?

Because it FIRES the ball right at the flippers!

#4692 1 year ago

Pretty sure I read from a prior post that the pin will have five balls. I wonder if it will pre-stage one (or more) balls in the secondary portal trough before or after a game, similar to how STTNG works?

#4696 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

As it was explained, and the way I heard it, a ball stays in the subway for ‘instant’ eject from the portal scoop.

Right. But if there's a multi-ball mode that uses all the balls (one would hope), there's a chance the game could end with no ball in the secondary trough.

#4773 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I like this way too. My Grand Lizard is the same. If you hold the button, it will drain multiple saves, but I love your battery meter implementation.

I believe Jungle Lord was the first to have magna-save with timed user control.

#5482 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

You think there might be more adventures than there are Morty mode inserts? I mean that (like JJP PotC) there are various different adventures rather than the same x number each time you play?

POTC doesn't really have different modes. The pin is amazing but that's the one aspect that JJP really over sold. I recall them claiming no two games would be the same or something like one billion different modes, but really all that changes are which combination of characters (shots) you need to hit to complete each chapter.

#5493 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I see what you are saying about PotC. I was just thinking with so many episodes of RM that it would be nice to have as many adventures and maybe new content as the code evolves. It's not like anything is marked on the PF to lock the code team into just the modes written on the inserts (it's ambiguous that leaves them open to add stuff is all I was thinking).
[quoted image]

I have no doubt that RAM rules and code will continue to evolve and improve beyond the initial release. POTC released with really solid code but it's still not complete (no final wizard mode) and sits at 0.99 while JJP releases updates to WW almost monthly. If you can't tell, I have a lot of love for my POTC but not so much for JJP. After POTC I swore I would never by NIB again, yet here I am. Spooky convinced me to try NIB again

#5526 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I dont have my RAM number from Pinballstar yet but I requested the highest BSE available from him so should be 700+ somewhere. I actually want to wait as I bought with no room for another pin.

I don't think PinballStar has released numbers yet but as I recall Joe said it would take a week, so hopefully soon

#5543 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I feel like there's not enough discussion/speculation on this Danesi 2.0.

I think it was mentioned earlier that a ball can be bounced from one side to the other. That would mean a ball behind the drop would switch sides when another ball hits (and drops) the target. Unless the center post is up in which case the locked ball would be released. Unless the drop resets really quickly and keeps the ball locked. So many possibilities!

#5640 1 year ago

Wonder where PinballStar slots into the build list? Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

#5757 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

O PinballSTAR, where art thou?

I'm pretty sure Joe had a family emergency last week. Hope all is ok.

#5855 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Here's a thought: 4 ball lock. 5 ball wizard multiballI

I wonder if three balls can fit between the drop and the post?

#5890 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

if the drops are forced to stay up

Keep in mind that the drops are stock parts so they can't be locked in the up position. But they can drop and immediately reset, so that's basically the same effect.

#5925 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hey guys anyone asking about me - I’m here - hoped to get numbers to everyone by yesterday but still sorting a few things out. Please realize people switching from standards to LEs and other things make figuring the slotting challenging. Standards are at end of the line so when someone switches it then puts them back into the LE population and I’m being very strident to do my best to put folks in order they paid their deposit. So I had to give the standard folks one deadline to say I want an LE and my original position to be fair or they stay a standard and if they move to LE then after the deadline they can still switch up to 12/30 but their spot will be end of the LE line. Only fair way for me to manage this. Again, I’m taking it seriously as I know everyone is anxious about their spot in line. I’d rather take the extra day or two and ensure it’s fair to everyone vs rushing and having everyone mad at the process. At least I can hang my hat on the equality and fairness of my process.

Hi Joe - first, so glad you and your staff are all safe! Wow that is crazy about the support beam.

Can you clarify one thing, what was the deadline for switching from standard to BSE which kept the slot based on when deposit was paid?

#5945 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Does anyone know if this game comes with a shaker motor?

You can add one as an option. A few weeks before your build Spooky will provide you with a list of optional add-ons to customize your pin.

#5973 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

They can certainly be made to "not drop". The opto in front can trigger "up" solenoid before the ball even hits the target. It does not have to be dropped for the raise coil to be able to "force" the targets to stay up. So they definately can be locked or forced to Stay in the up position, in that way. This can even be done with plain drops that do not have the auto drop feature (providing there is a switch in front of it).

That might work! Would probably need an EOS switch like a flipper coil just to be safe.

I'm just happy this thread got going again, I was so bored this afternoon I started reading the Stranger Things thread, ugh.

#5975 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

the drops have to be able to stay up because it's said the lock can be used as a captive ball so that you can send the ball around to the other side. (Or am I missing something?).

We'll need Spooky to chime in on how the drops work, forced to stay up or drop and immediately reset. But either way the locked ball could be knocked to the other side.

#5978 1 year ago

Here's another possibility with the Danesi lock - if a ball is locked, and the center post is down, and the target is in a mode where it is not forced to stay up, then a solid hit would transfer the ball to the other side, but a glancing hit would release it.

#6016 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Instead of starting a 16th thread and begging people forlornly to post in it, just do it here and it’ll get more attention. That’s how it works! That’s how it always works.

At least until Pinside lets us start the Owners thread

#6349 1 year ago

10:03:30 EST 234

#6930 1 year ago

Came back to this thread after a couple hours and was excited to see 85 new posts – must be something good! Nope, just knockers. So might as well join in – I’ve got a Bally Firecracker which has a spinner under the playfield used to randomize the “Firecracker” hole award. The spinner is kicked with a spring mech, and each rotation advances the award wheel. The random sound of the solenoid advancing the wheel kinda sounded like firecrackers. You can see where I’m going with this one… I wired the free game knocker to the same circuit and now it really sounds like firecrackers going off! Talk about scaring the unsuspecting player!

#7137 1 year ago

Scott talks a bit about the lighting effects in/under the house. He mentions they can create rotational lighting patterns in the garage, which sounds really cool! There are also additional flashers under the portal and in the death crystal!

1 week later
#7703 1 year ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Looks like free toppers for all[quoted image]

I was expecting like an extra toy figure on the playfield or something similar. This just blows me away! Thanks Spooky!

#7706 1 year ago

DC motor = spinning portal?

#7962 1 year ago

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but do we think the spaceship toy on a spring is active? Is there a solenoid/mech underneath that makes it shake?

#8305 1 year ago

Last we heard from Scott I believe he only confirmed a two ball lock with the possibility of three.

#8567 12 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

My game number is #338. It's a BSE. I know the numbering isn't an exact science, but would you all ballpark that I could expect it in roughly a year?

Figure 34 weeks from whenever Spooky start shipping. Unless there are SEs with lower build#s than 338 (so far nobody has reported that), in which case it could be sooner than 34 weeks.

2 weeks later
#10167 11 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mostly agree, but I do enjoy it on POTC. Love seeing people drain as they greedily keeping trying to collect all the gold.

I agree, the action button on POTC is really fun because it requires you take your hand off the flipper button (for more than just a second) with the ball or balls in play.

#10348 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, it’s been asked a few times and there’s been no confirmation, but I haven’t heard any other voices in the streams so far (custom or not). I’m assuming it’s only Roiland, which would be a shame but not the end of the world.

Same thing with JJP POTC, they could only afford one voice; Gibbs (Kevin McNally), but he did a great job. I guess these days the A-list actors are just too expensive. Crazy how back in the 90's Williams could get the entire STTNG cast to do the callouts. As for R&M, it would have been nice to have some lines from Jerry or Summer, but not going to complain given we've got SO much content from Roiland!

#10627 11 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, I figured $100,000 might be the base, and most likely up....and up.
Thanks for the input KT!

I recall a post on the POTC owners thread from someone at JJP that Johnny Depp would have cost $500k per movie. So $2.5m for him to have done the call-outs.

#10778 11 months ago

Anyone putting a low build (or any build) R&M on location in SE PA area?

#10848 11 months ago
Quoted from Borygard:

There will be one at Lyman's Tavern in DC next week.
Don't know if it's close enough for you but they also have an Alien and other great pins, so may be worth a trip.

3.5 hour drive, that's a bit long, but never played Alien, hmmmm. Thanks.

1 week later
#11399 11 months ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Sorry for everyone that has to scroll past this . Put all my thoughts down and it got out of hand.

Great review, thanks for that!

1 week later
#11477 10 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

What's the point of going through a distributor as opposed to straight through Spooky?
Unless a rare 3 hour sellout and you did it as a supply issue why not go straight to Spooky?
Are there advantages I am missing?

Location, to avoid shipping costs.

1 week later
#11752 10 months ago

All this talk about the orbit on R&M had me thinking about JJP POTC which has multiple orbits and none are smooth. Here's a slow motion video of the ball transition from the inner to the outer main orbit. I'd say a third of the shots would reject and roll back. I ended up making a custom bracket to reinforce the back rail which reduced flex/bounce and helps a bit. But basically the geometry it not good.

#11818 10 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Glad Scott and Kaneda chatted it up! Was casual, friendly, and gave some insight for slight adjustments.
Nice to see a designer reach out to discuss his passion project, and equally so for a media dude to be receptive to discussion.
Seems like bigehrl John from Jack Bar has made changes, shoots much better, and will talk about it soon..!

Regardless of what people think of Kaneda, his opinions hold weight with his followers and I think it was really prudent for Scott to get ahead of this, just brilliant!

#11819 10 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think the positive with the rattle of that rail, which definitely exists, is that when it fails, at worst it heads up to the ship or down into the pops.
Personally, I'd like to see lots of footage of that shot, to see how effective those rails are.

True, but if you're looping to build up gold or just a high value skill shot, then failing at the top of the orbit kills that. The extra bracket I added definitely helps, I can try to grab some video next time I remove the upper playfield. But this is POTC talk and probably doesn't belong here

#11871 10 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

You'll be happy to know that it went to someone who has hooked me up in the past. Sold me a Star Trek for 3k when they were going for 4k, and gave me an Attack From Mars as a bonus at work so no harm done.

Whenever someone in my league is selling a pin we always offer to others in the league first (often at a below value price), just to keep them in the family!

#11881 10 months ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I've thought about getting out for a while. I was pretty hyped up for a while but I'll be honest, I'd like to have a TNA more and I can get one of those a lot sooner.
I am told often that I sell stuff for too cheap but I've had my fair share of good deals. It all evens out.

Funny you should mention TNA, I've been thinking the same thing. I'm not looking to back out of R&M, but with the wait time increased indefinitely, I started to think about maybe getting a TNA, and there's an really nice one for sale near by at a very reasonable price. Hmmmmm.

3 weeks later
#11914 9 months ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

My first little airbrush, I like it’s
Pickle rick airbrush fingers

If you're planning to sell these I'd definitely be in also!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 115.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 17.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arzoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside