20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

404 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Zablon. You are on page 1 of 2.
#500 4 years ago

YES YES YES!! Can't wait to see what they have in store.

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I would’ve never thought in 1 million years that Scott Danesi and Brian Eddy would be going head to head for pinball dollars.
Another killer year for pinball in 2020.
JPoP’s Retro Atomic Zombie game did not wow me. It’s going to be some fierce competition in the next year.
Spooky has got a hot title here, only other Cartoon Network/Adult Swim I would go after would be Metalocalypse.
Nice to see a refreshing cartoon title, much needed. Nice subtle slam on Stern in the YouTube vid about not another rock n roll or superhero pin

I wouldn't have minded a ATHF pin at some point, but yea Metalocalypse would be cool too.

#524 4 years ago

Finally a new pinball game I am actually really interested in, and if it is good like I hope it is, I most likely won't be able to get one. Oh the irony.

#529 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Adult Swim & Hulu.
Select episodes are free here if you don’t have a TV Provider or Hulu:
https://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty

If you have a Roku, you can install the Adult Swim channel and they run the whole series there constantly.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This might be weird, but I actually think I prefer it with the bleeping. It was the same thing with South Park. I watched it on TV and though it was funny, but then watched the DVDs and though they were less funny with all the swearing. I'm not quite sure why that was.

This is actually very common for many 'vulgar' comedy shows. You get used to everything being bleeped and mentally that actually makes it funnier. When you hear it without the bleeps it generally doesn't seem as funny. Just some mind trick thing.

#562 4 years ago

For those that don't understand the force that is Rick And Morty.

1. They single handedly brought back McDonalds szechuan sauce (like it or not it caused quite a commotion)
2. They travel the country in a truck full of toys/items from the show and sell out within minutes.
3. The show is a huge success world wide, not just the US.
4. It's gotten so pop culture popular that now people are hate on it and its fans because it is everywhere (thus the 'living under a rock comments)
5. It's Pickle Rick!

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

LOL, maybe that's the logic that Stern uses to pick themes. Find something that was popular when the majority of the pinball community was shitting in their diapers and wait to release it when then pinball community is shitting in their depends.

I mean really, what they do makes sense to a degree. They know who has the money, and what those people most like. It's also partly notstalgia on their part I imagine - something that gets their own ideas for a pin flowing, and partly licensing costs I assume play an even bigger role in what actually gets made.

(yes, that is horrible grammar)

#607 4 years ago

What's next...millennials and boomers playing pinball together?? Mass hysteria!

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

So what happens when 1000+ folks join the fang club expecting a spot?

They just made $45k and a lot of sad folks.

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It will be those that are or think like Millenials and GenZ playing mine. We don't want nothing to do with GenX around here.

but..but..I'm a GenX-er...

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

And your theory is that these fans will be buying this pin. I’d love to test this out by having them load 10 R&M machines into the truck they send out every day for three months. How many of those fans are prepared to drop $7k on the spot? Much like no Star Wars or Beatles fan is going to drop coin, no R&M fan will either (excluding any who already collect pins or want to collect).

Not at all, frankly, as someone else pointed out, I don't think that anyone who doesn't own a pin is going to go out and buy one of these (maybe a few will), but those who play in barcades, etc, I imagine this will be a very popular pin - even if it is only mediocre gameplay. I think many here forget that the majority of people that play pinball don't buy pinballs...even one...let alone more than one.

EDIT...then again see: Supreme and Primus...so who knows...

#696 4 years ago

Once the 700 are sold out, they can give it to CGC to remake

#701 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Where did the other 50 go?

Probably one of the other Ricks took them.

#713 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Gen X is vastly overlooked......and underestimated.

Because we rule from the shadows, but our pimp hands are strong.

#731 4 years ago

An Evil Dead pin would do way better than a KKFOS would....as would an Alien pin *cough*...

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

OK, I figured out how to get RAM at a house I can access less than 5 miles away. Game on bitches. This better be dope. Do i gotta join this fang club or can some one get us in early from a previous purchase?

We may have to timeshare it.

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

A "select your Rick",Similar to star wars, would be a cool feature to open the game. I'd go with cool rick all the time[quoted image]

I was thinking that you could pick Rick or Morty as your 'player' and those are the callouts you get during your game (rules are the same) -- or a step further, each player is assigned a specific player with those voice callouts (probably too much work to code) but..yea..

#912 4 years ago

Hope it's not a reskinned seawitch.

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I'm in the same boat, and have the same question about pre-orders.

Tilt would be silly to not get one. Hopefully they prove to be reliable for operators.

Love Tilt! I'll be visiting again in January.

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Great play by Spooky, this will sell out no problem.
For me personally, was really looking forward to this since I love Danesi. But I hate the theme. I hate Rick & Morty I think it's pseudo-intellectual nonsense with characters ranging from boring to annoying.
If this were Venture Brothers, Sealab, Aqua Teen, Metalocalypse, etc, I would be over the moon ecstatic. But Rick & Morty...location play only. But again, just me personally, I know others love it and it will sell.

I like all those and would take a pin from any of them.

#1016 4 years ago

For anyone watching R&M on Hulu, check out Futureman. Great hilarious Sci-fi show. Would also make a good pinball theme

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There is an episode on cartoon network at 11:30 I won't be missing.

If you have a Roku, (or maybe even Android or Firestick) there is an adult swim channel you can install that doesn't require any subscriptions. They 'marathon' it 24/7. I think it is just the first 2 seasons right now and since it is live streamed you'll get dropped into wherever it is at...but that is one way if you plan to do it legally.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Evidence of the themes popularity is the plethora of pinsiders now updating their avatar to RaM!
Seems we have to go back to Alien to find group behaviour anything close to this, for a theme....

Let's hope this turns out better than that. I am still extremely disappointed in that...as that IS my dream theme.

#1144 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That is the way I was understanding it, however if the numbers don't add up and there wind up being more paid members than games, there will be some pretty pissed off punters. That's all.
The limiting to 750 (ie. LIMITED EDITION) sounds like it has a good chance of causing some headaches for this particular title.
As I figure the only way to know seems to be wait and see. A little concerning though.
No wonder people are confused, the BS edition is meant to be the Limited Edition, right?? ... yet now there are suddenly Two Limited Editions. Makes no sense.
eg. Say 2 weeks after release there are 800 orders. In the first 750 orders 400 are BS editions, and 350 are regular Limited Editions, and then the last 50 (chronological FC orders #751-#800, within the cutoff time for ordering BS editions) include BS edition orders, does that over-ride and push out regular order numbers before #750?
Just looks like it has the potential to become a bit of a mess unless something gives. ... ?

You are overthinking it.

There are 750 games. That's it...it's not a 'limited edition'.

The BS is an upgrade option for cosmetics, similar to JJP's LE/CE

They may limit how many of those they actually allow, but I'm not sure they've said yet.

I do wonder if demand will be higher than 750 though and if there are over 750 Fang members how that will be handled. I imagine not every existing member will want one, and I imagine not everyone hyped and joining now is going to want one after the reveal, then additionally if they have to wait 18 months to get one, they'll sell their spot etc. (you know how the hype train goes).

#1180 4 years ago

Is it out yet?

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Very influential 100 people.
Who like sauce. Yes.

I posted this elsewhere in this thread, but R&M is worldwide popular. It's not just a small niche market. It 'might' be a smaller market than Stranger Things because yes it is a cartoon and it is on Adult Swim, but it is indeed very popular across many demo's and countries.

#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m really pissed by how long it’s taking for the promised Rick and Mort code update.
Don’t release a game if the code isn’t ready!!

I know you're being sarcastic, but I actually 100% agree with this for a home purchase.

#1319 4 years ago

People will always find something to bitch about...

#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Why shouldn't everybody pay the same?
Nobody is better than anyone else.

Tell that to the tax man.

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Price doesn’t matter. Have you seen the videos about Szechuan sauce! Rich and morty fans are retarded. Spooky would only need to run 1 commercial during 1 episode and these games would sell out.
Think Supreme fans here. More money then brains. Willing to do stupid shit to get the game (like take a loan they can’t afford).
These will sell out, price doesn’t matter if you really want one.

You know...you aren't entirely wrong...but let's face it...can anyone paying 5k-13k for a pinball machine in their house exactly be sane?

#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

LOL! Why are you even on Pinside then? Hell... I have probably $50k in pins at home.

INSANITY!

#1518 4 years ago

Is the order date the same as the reveal? Has that date been officially announced? (assuming no as I can't find any).

#1542 4 years ago

I've only mentioned ATHF like 3 times in this thread. It'd make a great pin too, but since it's no longer being made

I completely forgot about that episode...

#1545 4 years ago

Don't let anyone kid you. Pinball machines will continue to go up in price and value for infinity. $100k by christmas. There is no bottom. I'm building my 3rd level basement now.

#1574 4 years ago

It's tied to Adult swim..why do I think there's going to be an infomercial where this goes up for sale for 10 minutes at some random time, like 3am?

#1602 4 years ago

I'm torn on that...I kind of like the random beeps you hear where they censor some words and not others..

#1607 4 years ago

There is no place in line....you order when you order...

all the club is is a fan club, completely separate from the machine sale. The club allows you to order earlier than non club members..that is it.

#1626 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I'm wondering if you guys signing up for the Fang Club read the fine print on the membership: http://shop.spookypinball.com/USA-Spooky-Pinball-Fang-Club-Membership-INCLUDES-SHIPPING_p_13.html
"To get in on this year's goodies, you MUST be signed up by January 7th."
I'm not a lawyer, but it seems you had to be a member by January 7th, 2019 to be part of the Fang Club pre-sales if it's considered a 'goodie'. Since it's a membership benefit, I believe it's classified as such.

it's referring to the goody bags, next year (which is what new signers get) will get next years bags (assuming that they are different)....why is everyone making this such a bigger deal than it is...

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Well, it's an interesting business challenge from Spooky's perspective. Do they ostracize the current Fang Club members who were supporting the company before this announcement or do they disappoint their new 1,000+ prospective customers?
If they keep this membership as a "paywall" of sorts, the 750 games will only be sold to the Fang Club members. Many of which joined solely to access the pre-sale.
It's tough, but it's a decision that Spooky is going to have to make.

Has nothing to do with the ordering. The fan club exists regardless of the pinball machine. A 'benefit' of being a member of the fan club is you can order the game before it goes on sale for everyone else. If you are a member it is still first come first serve on the ordering...the only difference is that the people who are members get a 2 week head start chance to order....it's really no different than VIP's who get first chance at ticket sales.

I really don't see how hard this is to understand for people. Have you used the internet??

#1665 4 years ago

Seriously people? LMAO. Your order # has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. BTW I bought 500 memberships. Someone mentioned there were around 250 members a few days ago.

#1669 4 years ago

I just saw on twitter that if you order in the next 10 minutes it's BOPGOPF.

#1673 4 years ago

I predict that when it does go for sale, spooky's website is going to grind to a halt.

#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I’m a Fang Club member *and* a Spooky purchaser of......
AMH
Rob Zombie
ACNC
So you all can get in line behind me!

Looks at your pin list...*colbert* You already have your fair share.

#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Everyone keeps going on about how important theme is... which is true.
But team is just as important surely?
Scott Danesi design..
Eric Priepke lead programmer.
Bowen - code and rules.
David van Es -animations.
And Spooky building it.
With this team at the helm, it is hard to imagine the game not being good.
Custom call outs are an immense addition as well.
This is why I am interested.
And we need laughs in life

Eh, to the average pinballer none of that is even known. I barely know most of those names or can tie them to any specific games. There are only a few long time people I know about based on games that are already my favorites for decades. I would imagine MOST people fall similarly, even a large percentage here.

#1950 4 years ago

Okay, I've used my 2D Picture to 3D picture conversion plugin on photoshop to see the other side of the playfield and OMG!

:p

#2013 4 years ago

Wonder if where you have 'display' they are mirror displays for 'realities' like Dialed In has? At least the one in the center anyway... I suppose they could be counter displays as well...

#2076 4 years ago

This machine won't be complete unless it has Morty Ball Drop mode where the balls just fall out of the cabinet.

#2157 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don't be so sure. We haven't seen the game yet, and pin flipping hasn't been profitable lately due to saturation. Plus ppl have to wait for the games to be built while other companies are putting out titles that will likely be great. Also, there is buying fatigue right now due many due to so many nib purchases. It's a buyer's market right now IMHO.

You would think..and yet prices continue upward...

#2195 4 years ago

Is it strange I would prefer Rick and Morty NOT be toys on the PF? Since, one would assume you are playing as them? Seems like a bash toy should be something else from the series.

#2239 4 years ago

Anyone working on the R&M powerbladez??

#2368 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I predict day one sellout for R&M

I do too actually, and then 3-4 months later a slew of selling of spots because tired of waiting.

#2400 4 years ago

I'm fine with whatever wait as long as it is only a down payment rather than full payment. However, even saying that it is pending the game itself.

#2450 4 years ago

They haven't really said how they are going to announce when orders go live yet....I really hope it isn't via an email an hour before....

Additionally, I'm not interested in 'flipping' so I don't plan to order one if I haven't seen pics/gameplay. I only buy games I'm interested in keeping.

#2505 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Pro tip
If you haven't signed up to Fang club and have a high chance of possibly wanting this machine.
DO IT NOW
Like, now, not tomorrow, now
It pains me to say it, but you will thank me later when people are scrambling to join and wait for confirmation....and orders have already opened.

Don't listen to this man, he be cray cray. He's from the underside of the world. They think upside down down there.

#2513 4 years ago

And BOOM! HEREEEE WEEE GOOO!

#2584 4 years ago

Any pictures of the non BS edition for comparison?

#2596 4 years ago

I actually like the standard better, artwork is the same, just the powder seems to be different (is there something else I"m missing?)

#2603 4 years ago

Well the purple does indeed go with the artwork of the show so it isn't out of place. I think it looks great too, I just like the marbled grey better overall.

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

The artwork styling and ramps are reminding me a lot of Data East Time Machine

That's exactly what I thought too!

#2761 4 years ago

Yea...I do feel this is yet another 'you should just buy it because' moments using FOMO to push it rather than its actual merits. I like the theme and look, but who knows about gameplay at this point. It isn't exactly cheap, it's up there with all the other company prices.

#2764 4 years ago

Oh and selling my spot in line for $12k, 1 day is too long to wait.

#2769 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I hope there will be voices in the other that Rick and Morty. Call outs are great but hope we will hear Gerry, Summer, Scary Terry, etc from episodes and that there are no voice limitations

Since they haven't really stated anything other than Justin, my guess other things will be show video based clips, rather than custom.

#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Can we move ourselves backwards in line, if we'd like to? Anyone have any idea on that?

I'm sure once the orders are in there are people who would trade positions with you.

#3169 4 years ago

Order placed: Your invoice #AB-2018 BSE

#3247 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

So...Phrasing is just not a thing here?

Wrong show!

#3365 4 years ago

I do feel like they should have done a 20 second spot during the show advertising this...imagine the chaos.

#3376 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

When do bitter R&M fans start complaining about it being sold out? Remember the whole schezwan sauce debacle?

Well, I mean, if they want to buy my spot for $20k I might consider it >

#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

100% sold in 1-1.5 hrs...I think their marketing strategy was just fine as is.

Did we get confirmation of everything sold out everywhere? Or just the website allotment. I thought there was a distro no one wanted to deal with anymore. Surely we don't have hypocrites that would go against that just to get a pinball machine? *cough*

#3413 4 years ago

He's busy keeping the website hamsters running

#3445 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Unbelievable hype for this one considering no one has played one or seen a stream. Usually once a steam happens is when buyers remorse sets in and people drop out or sell out... happens every release. Was smart not to show a gameplay video especially with non refundable deposit.

Few games, regardless of videos or hands on don't receive criticism or buyers remorse...just part of the pinball process

#3673 4 years ago

So never had a spooky before. How's the playfield protection, like for magna save, or the spot where the ball is dropped onto the playfield from the plunge and left ramp? Extra mylar etc? I've been spoiled by CGC.

#3907 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And fixing my friends brakes and oil leaks for free because he cut off the end of his finger. lol. I can be a nice guy that way. It was a big time and not a time to think about what would be happening at 7:00 AM the next morning.

It's almost guaranteed someone will sell their spot. You'll have opportunities if you really want it!

#3911 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Has Spooky ever done a factory topper? That would be awesome on this game, a great way for them to make some extra money on the theme too!

I kind of want the flying cthulu creature flapping its wings as a topper...or a dancing pickle rick that randomly yells "I'm PICKLE RIIICK!"

#4056 4 years ago

reminds me of the time a guy came into the ER complaining that he'd fallen on 3 pinballs and got them stuck in his arse.

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

A bit different this time maybe. Alot of themes to come still won't have a patch on R&M. I mean, Stranger Things? , seriously? . Just as it is for plenty of other people, Stranger things is a Lame nothing theme for me. Personally quite glad it's going to be chucked together by stern, tbh. Nil interest.
The response to coming themes after this release will be viewed through a slightly different lens now too, I'd say. It's a humour theme pin, which there are not enough of in my opinion. Manufacturers would do well going forward I think, to work at themes that have Laughter at their core
This would have to be one of the most On Fire topics ever for pinside? ... 4000 posts in 12 days? ... what topic has beaten that??

good luck to them I guess? There's sure a lot worse scenarios of capitalism in the world that are worse than someone making a few thousand off a pinball machine...

#4065 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I wonder who gets the biggest benefit from this?
Rick & Morty is getting a lot of new exposure and fans (including myself) from the pinball world.
Some Rick & Morty fans will gain exposure to pinball that they wouldn't have otherwise taken an interest in.
But...Spooky just got between 5 and 6 million dollars in revenue.

I don't know..there wasn't a blip of this news today on the rick and morty reddit..

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

The one thing is, they cant say they weren't warned! There was ample time.
The only people that could be pissed are the ones that had zero idea it even existed and wasn't in the media they were seeing.

Honestly, if I hadn't been on pinside I wouldn't even have known about it, and I feel that is going to be most people. I don't do facebook (and even if I did, I still probably wouldn't have known about it). That being said, the reason I found out about it was that I happened to jump over to the /r/pinball reddit and they had just posted the announcement of it. I've only hit that reddit a few times in years.

#4131 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Is it way to early to start suggesting to Spooky a next title? Now that it has been totally proven that a company can come out and announce there is a LIMITED number to be produced and succeed. How about some other titles that should be limited to 1000 or less.
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Bill and Ted Excellent Adventure
Evil Dead

God no my wallet...

#4317 4 years ago

In case missed the boat and anyone wants one...it would seem they are NOT sold out everywhere.

#4319 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Daydreaming too much about how you think it should be is just setting yourself up for disappointment if it doesn't exactly match what you're thinking.
I can tell you that there is a messeeks box - it's the target on the right side below the upper flipper. We're currently using the meeseeks as a value multiplier (aka, they help you get more points). When you spawn one, it appears on a shot and that shot is worth more. How much more depends on how many meeseeks are 'live'. Then if they stay alive for too long, they 'go bad' and change color, and now that shot is worth LESS, not more, because they're salty and just wanna die.
That's just where it's at right now. Everything subject to change of course, and there are some plans on paper for more to do with the meeseeks that haven't been implemented yet.

Is that what the counter at the bottom is? To count live meseeks?

#4341 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I've been thinking a Mr. Meeseeks MB would be awesome. When Meeseeks gets ahold of the box and starts creating more Mr. Meeseeks is hilarious.[quoted image]

Actually..not going to happen, but it would have been funny if every time you hit the box during that mode you get another ball so you end up with say 10 balls on the pf.

#4381 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

amazon.com link »

IF spooky doesn't send that to everyone (or the pickle rick one) as a keychain they fail!

#4444 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I know I've been out of the pin scene for a while. 15 to 20 years ago we spent all our time sharing on rec.games.pinball. The past 6 months I reacquired the bug and began rebuilding a collection.
I find it funny that some folks here think 750 is a high number of machines to produce. We would give a left arm to find a production number that low.
Maybe if this was a general release or Pro/Premium/LE release stream and the LE were 750 that might be high. 750 for a total run is still low.
Think about it. How often do you think you'll see one of these machines on a route. Most will never see anything more than the basement/garage they move into.
I am soooo stoked to have stumbled on this release for my first NIB pinball machine. Can't wait to play with features never before released, like the DDL.
Thanks Spooky, looking forward to playing this game!

Honestly, even though I wasn't completely blown away by the reveal, this is why I bought one. I live in the middle of nowhere. I most likely would never even get to flip one otherwise.

#4448 4 years ago

So RM2 reveal from Spooky next week?

#4456 4 years ago

I already posted my ideas for toppers. Someone get on it!

#4463 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Toppers are a perfect example of Spooky's SOP. They are much more interested in building something fun than using opportunity to just turn it into a cash grab.
The just recently released the interactive brain topper for ACNC that color syncs with play and can actually follow shots in some cases. Hand built and 300 bucks. Find me anyone else doing that. Total respect.

Hah, hadn't seen that, nice.

#4508 4 years ago

I do agree that no green moving portal of some sort on the playfield is a big miss IMO. I like the idea of a hologram/projected one......I wonder if a mod could be made like the mirror idea above but over the center shot that projects a portal over it in some manner. Isn't that the one that starts an adventure?

I'd say the garage possibly too, but the center shot makes more sense.

#4515 4 years ago

You know why that's there right? So people can't ask for shooter lane pics ahhahahah

#4517 4 years ago

How soon until the next game: Pickle Rick's Pinball Adventure, Bitch is announced?

#4532 4 years ago

I think I just found the cover for mine!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZ4B4DC

#4539 4 years ago

I haven't found a game I think 'needs' spot lights yet...and I play in total darkness.

#4647 4 years ago

Yea, they can correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounded like they hinted a few times that:

1. The art we've seen isn't final
2. The code is a long ways from done (which actually hopefully means they are open to some ideas that have been thrown around in this thread)
3. They are moving me to spot #1.

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I wonder why Pickle Rick taken off? They ever say?

It's not, somewhere buried in this this thead spooky said it just moved somewhere else.

#4662 4 years ago
Quoted from Pan94:

I can’t wait for when I lose a ball and the machine says way to go fucking Jerry you can’t do anything right!

OMG I hadn't really thought about that before, but that would be pretty funny to be playing as Jerry and Rick just bashes you the entire time. In fact? I think that would be the BEST way to do this game.

#4673 4 years ago

Well watching the video, when the ball comes out there it sure seems like there is a magnet there that slowed the ball to almost a stop....but can't speak to what that is specifically.

#4710 4 years ago

I think I will be toward the end of 2020. I'm patient... I waited 6 -7 months for MBr. I won't start to get anxious until I see a bunch of people enjoying theirs first

#4741 4 years ago

You all are crazy if you think this is just going to magically go off without a hitch. There will be part problems, line problems, quality problems that slow production down. Just plan on waiting an indefinite amount of time if you aren't numbers 1-50. A quality product with a fleshed out code is way more important than getting immediate satisfaction of a rushed product.

#4748 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Orrrrr as this is not their first rodeo they may find refined processes/setups and improve on their estimated throughput? Glass half full could be just as crazy both ways. I will bet things will be slow to start to ensure perfect (best possible) QC but as in line production I suspect they will exceed even their expectations. Time will tell.

Orrrr....you think realistically so that 6 months down the road people aren't whining about they shoudl have had their game by now. Just saying. Patience. Manufacturing is full of speed bumps.

#4763 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... you have the ball cradled on the right flipper and want to shoot the right orbit (which you can't hit from that flipper). How do you get the ball to the left flipper? Would a post pass work on this machine?[quoted image]

Pick the right of the machine up and gently tilt it left.

#4794 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

After playing the one on your CCC for the first time every machine should have a limited flip count party mode.

LOL. after watching all the 'pro' videos I think there should be a mode that limits time to cradle to like 1-2 seconds.

#4803 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

i was around order 70 on the site and just got a message that i'm around 350 in line, dunno how the math works out on that. kinda bummed but oh well.

Going to be a ton of that over the next week. I think Spooky should have just put all 750 up for auction. The highest bid gets made first, and so on. The chaos would have made what really happened pale by comparison.

#4837 4 years ago

2018 - #488 #RickAndMortyXmas!

#4853 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ok that makes even less sense. People placed orders on the site before 7:13am and have higher machine numbers than you.

time zones man..time zones.

#4857 4 years ago

Does it matter? Have we reached the 'whiney I want it now' phase?

#4859 4 years ago

Everybody cancel your orders so I can get mine sooner....oh wait...

#4870 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Yes it matters if I receive a game in April or November. It may not matter to you, but it does to me.

Then you probably shouldn't have ordered?

#4876 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Right it's like 100 games, 50 direct, then anther 100 games, and then more direct. When you are getting a game 5 months later than what you had expected, people have a right to be upset.

You had no expectation. That's on you, no one EVER said that the order numbers said when you would get them. They actually said in the thread it didn't.

#4882 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I’m a little disappointed. I went direct because I thought it was my best chance at getting an early build without having to be on a distributors good side.
A little more clarification in this process would be appreciated. Lot of confusion leading up to the sale.
No worries. Let the line work the kinks out and I’ll get mine after things are running smooth.

I do agree that the order process and how it was handled left a lot to be desired....that also goes for the reveal. If this game sucks, there's going to be a lot of upset people but I'm sure it will be worth it.

#4914 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

And now they've started lying to their customers saying 60 online orders were for multiples in the first 100....
1790 to 1794 is 3 machines
1794 to 1804 is 7 machines
1804 to 1818 is 13 machines
Where are the multiples???? What a jokes!

Sell your spot?

#4923 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

1790 120
1791 121
1792 122
1794 123
1804 130
1805 131
1816 141
1818 143
1875 362
1882 369
1886 373
1887 374
1908 727
1910 393
1912 395
1977 476
1980 457
1982 458
1986 461
2012 484
2018 488
2127 709
Sorry to keep spamming this but I'm not crazy right? Theres no way there were "60 orders for multiples" in the first 150? There is zero evidence to support more than maybe a couple right?

It's extremely possible because of all the click spamming on the stuck website. But they did say each person could only order up to 2.

#4929 4 years ago

Meanwhile, in another dimension someone is playing WWE.

#4943 4 years ago

It's not that I don't sympathize, but you're being a real Jerry.

#4960 4 years ago

I think I figured it out...just have to carry the 1.

equate (resized).PNGequate (resized).PNG
#4966 4 years ago

and to add to that, it is VERY possible you could score one in hand before you'd even get yours from spooky...so I mean...

#4968 4 years ago

That's not even a low number....let's see where this goes.

#4990 4 years ago

That spot sold fast. Crazy.

#4993 4 years ago

I need to do things..but...forum activity.

#5019 4 years ago

Rick And Morty pinball order spots 10k by christmas!

#5021 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Didn’t feel right. I’ve taken the add down.

Eh, it's your money man, you can do what you want.

#5078 4 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

Adjust for holidays, but that's just a general guideline.

THERE ARE NO HOLIDAYS IN PINBALL! MANDATORY OVERTIME FOR ALL. GET THOSE MACHINES OUT THE DOOR!

/caps off

#5081 4 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

Same with December. Gives me time to get funds in line. Still stoked to get a Rick and Morty pin!!
This is my first NIB pin. What accessories would be worth adding? Again I’ve got time the email states 3 weeks before my machine is built I’ll get the opportunity to add the add ons. Any advice?

We need more info first...like..shaker coding...etc.

#5089 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

To sum up, 15 years ago when I started to collect pinball machines, I never thought I'd see the day where I'd spend $8000 on a pin, I never thought I see brand new AFM, MM, MB being made or games like Woz and SW and TNA and RM etc.. but here we are and now people are complaining they might have to wait? I mean some people just want to complain about something.

Amen.

#5102 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I guess just the last point - the email direct buyers received said this:
""All customers have an even chance of an early number this way no matter how they buy. The remaining spots purchased from our website are layered in starting at #1 so yes you have a real chance of acquiring early places in line when you order direct!""
The earliest direct number we see is #121. The above seems to contradict what actually happened, no?

Well, this is true. I do remember seeing this, and yes, what was stated after the fact does seem to contradict it. (unless they are numbering them differently for 'purchasers' vs. CN and friends).

#5104 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Problem solved: Mr MeeSeeks, I want a Rick and Morty pinball machine now!

Ice will sell you his spot for 1 million dollars.

#5154 4 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I did something worse. While waiting to see the next Stern, along with “Haunted House Party”, I opened a pinball club with three friends
[quoted image]

I want to do this....

#5278 4 years ago

I can't believe this is still going. You two are perfect examples of why companies keep people in the dark. Let it go already, it isn't a big deal. If you don't want it, someone will gladly take them off your hands and you can try to buy one later. Unless the only reason you are mad is because you were going to try to flip them for BIG MONEY!

#5384 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Who’s gonna have R&M machine number 666? I will gladly take the burden of evil and selflessly take it off your hands!

someone posted it 200 or so posts ago. I was kind of envious

#5399 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Says he didn't actually sell it.[quoted image]

Did anyone actually look...it isn't even his ID. He just posted it because he saw it.

#5400 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll trade mine for a MM Royal

Yea..actually...yes. I'd do this.

#5410 4 years ago

I'm putting mine up for $50k. It's one of a kind. The only one with its number. Ultra rare. Everyone has a price

#5418 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

They may continue the tradition of auctioning off their final game for charity. They did that with TNA and RZ.

They did that for this as well.

#5480 4 years ago

I got #1! But it's an SE....

#5528 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Starting to think about what game should be in my cabin at Dory Hill alongside Rick and Morty. Doctor Who? TNA? Would still love to find a good Time Fantasy. Other ideas?

I'm going to be putting this somewhere between my Time Machine and Space Station I think...

#5588 4 years ago

So ordering from Nitro is back on the Pinside okay mob list now? Asking for a friend.

#5600 4 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see some snide reference from Rick in season 5 regarding 'order numbers don't mean anything Jerry'

#5623 4 years ago

They look great that is for sure, and that's fine if it's a game that you actually see the sides of...but for most people that isn't a reality. It's also why to me faded cabinets are the least of concerns.

#5689 4 years ago

How great is it that the biggest issue we face going into 2020 is trying to figure out what acronyms to use for a Rick and Morty and Stranger Things pin?

#5704 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Holy shit, I am no dictator... Fuck it, I am going to call it HHP now. HAHA!
--Scott

You really want to cause chaos don't you!

#5711 4 years ago

I think it should be C137.....obscure, but not quite.

#5721 4 years ago

The more I think about this, I still agree that I think the player should be Jerry. Quick, rewrite your code. That was the early buyer bonus right? We all get custom coded rulesets??

#5749 4 years ago

So it's settled? R&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&M?

#5759 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I dont think anyone should buy a spot for this game yet. Its very early.
There will be spots available if you didnt make the feeding frenzy on day one.
Get on all the distributors lists for a 2nd chance.
There will be plenty of people dropping out due to regular life issues.

Too late. I bought 10 spots, all for $100.

Step 1: Collect spots
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Profit

#5866 4 years ago

It would be kind of cool that if there was some logic in there that let you release balls using the kinetic hitting. Say you have 2 balls stacked on the left side, you hit the left side which forces a ball to the right side and it opens the gate and lets it out. Vice versa...something of that nature.

#5871 4 years ago

The thing about the portal shot is it's basically like shooting a left orbit (I think they said you can do it from the right orbit as well). The problem here is...that doesn't seem to lend itself to a satisfying shot...at least in any game I've ever played. Now, I assume since it goes from there to your left flipper every time, there will be a bunch (hopefully) of different combo skill shots set up from left flipper to be made related to whatever mode it goes into.

Generally satisfying shots usually are on difficult ramps or something that is impacted by the shot (dropdowns, bash toys etc). I think what will be important is the outcome of how the 'adventure' ends. Do you play only 1 adventure at a time? Do multiple adventures play out at the same time? I'm not sure I see any potential 'satisfying' shots here, but much of that will come down to rulesets. EDIT: I guess the whole left orbit to upper right flipper (which I keep forgetting about) and up the ramp, etc will be those shots.

#5881 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

You do realize that Pinball machines wouldn't exist at all without raw American Capitalism right?
I don't see a lot of Communist countries producing Pinball machines....weird?

Eh, he's not bashing capitalism, he's bashing greed. There's a difference...and let's not kid ourselves, greed is alive and well in the pinball community and in corporate america in general.

#5897 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My hope is for pickle rick to be in the same place on playfield, but be printed in uv ink so you can’t immediately see it. When game uv turns on, you will see pickle rick and this would make it a pinball first.

Does the game have UV lighting?

#5908 4 years ago

Things like this always put things into perspective. Best wishes to you and your family.

#5919 4 years ago

Mr. Poopy Butthole's Beautiful Day

#5964 4 years ago

I get what you are saying, due to that lock mech it does make the pf seem kind of meager compared to other games with lots of toys and a big bash toy in the middle of the pf. I guess it's important to realize though that the lock mech appears to be very versatile. This game appears to be in the same design scheme as TNA. I would assume if you don't like TNA, you may not like this game.

#5985 4 years ago

No. This game has ramps. Not even the same at all. It also has a looping shot, etc. This game is not TNA like at all outside of scott mother fucking danesi is the designer.

Understand that, but it does remind me of it quite a bit. (which makes sense).

#6018 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Scott has started the official thread. It has just been locked until he gets his game, or the first one is delivered at least.

Are they starting from the real first one or the first pinsider one?

#6022 4 years ago

If you only account for whats on the market here, no, because if you look at the archive, nothing in the 5k range has sold. Only a couple at 2500. It's wishful thinking by the people putting them up. Heck, if someone wanted to give me 5k for my spot I'd probably take it, and put it towards another one :p

#6040 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Gotta call this out. Hopefully there’s no more of this here.

I’m assuming you are being sarcastic, but even then, this goes way over a clear line. Describing penetrating a minor with a foreign object (with or without the “assistance” of another adult) is not a joke. Ever. Thank God, I don’t have any personal experience in this realm, but I do get neighborhood watch alerts that let me know where and when registered sex offenders move within the town I live in. This kind of crap makes my blood boil / makes me want to puke. This is a is a terrible reality that ruins lives and is more widespread than some people realize. It should never be normalized with jokes.
Putting something up your own ass? Whatever. Putting something up someone else’s ass? They better be a sober, consenting adult.

You sir, are the problem with the world today. In case you haven't watched the show, there's quite a bit of...not quite so PC humor. Judging by what you've written here though, you just live in constant fear. I'm sorry for whatever happened in your life that gave you such a negative outlook.

#6045 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Thanks. I’ve seen it. BIG DIFFERENCE - Morty shoves the seeds up his ass himself. Those don’t get the difference are the problem. There’s an enormous difference between being edgy and what this “bash toy” concept described. If you’re into this type of thought, maybe change your avatar to the attempted rapist king/mayor in season 1 who Morty escapes and who later, rightfully gets his head blown off.

Well hellllooooo Mr. Overblown.

#6049 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:Don't worry bro, I'm not looking for anyone to smuggle Megaseeds for me in real life.
Watch Rick and Morty, understand shit.
My entire post was a joke. It brings me down that I need to say that, but you're obviously not the only one who doesn't get it. Makes me wonder why some people are in this thread.

Going to be Monkeygate all over again. BALLS IN HOLES!

#6055 4 years ago

Before the outrage, I didn't even think anything of it, because I knew he was being sarcastic about the bash toy/ST pin and the episode...

But...I can hear the callout now..."You gotta put the pinball deep inside your butt Morty" with the scoop lit up. Even though I know this won't happen, I won't ever be able to not think about it now when shooting for the scoop.

#6070 4 years ago

I have it on good authority there is a 5 modes dedicated to it.

#6081 4 years ago

Sorry, I"ve been working on the early design for RM2
pinball (resized).jpgpinball (resized).jpg

EDIT: Just in case it's not blatantly obvious, I have absolutely no affiliation with Spooky Pinball.

#6082 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I'm sure none of you know who this is but he's a major youtube star with 6 million twitter followers. Pretty cool.
https://twitter.com/JeffreeStar/status/1210603803671584768

Yea, I know who he is, only because of he's been on SDTM streams....his pinball collection is awesome.

#6084 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Are you sure? I know Jack Danger, aka Deadflip has streamed with Jeffree several times. Once at Pyramid Scheme, once from Jeffree's warehouse collection and once from his "house".

Sorry that's who I'm talking about..I just mean I've seen his collection on the stream, but I don't know what he's actually famous for...I was thinking he was a designer or something.

#6090 4 years ago

Wow, that did blow up....

#6095 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did he order one before they sold out? If not - spot flippers GO GO GO!

Doesn't appear so...I have a feeling he won't have a problem getting one though.

#6114 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Dang... looking for the ‘78’ and I suppose there is not 780 haha

Long shot, but maybe put a wanted ad up? More people may see it that don't visit the thread...

#6116 4 years ago

Probably..no one is buying from them anymore around here right? (not to start anything....but there was a huge blowup a few months ago)

#6153 4 years ago

Isn't that basically how they do the quantum theater in Dialed In? and basically the basis for old arcade games and Pin2k?

#6164 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I have to say it... Spooky vs Stern. New game vs new game. Who wins Rick and Morty or Stranger Things.
First off we all have to admit Stranger Things is a much bigger license so Stern wins there. But if you're a fan of Stranger Things did Stern deliver the game you were hoping for? Did Spooky? After playing Stranger Things and just based on the videos for Rick and Morty... I think Spooky SLAYED the dragon.
I think if you're a fan of Rick and Morty you're ecstatic about the pinball game. Spooky knocked a home run and made the Rick and Morty fans overjoyed. If you're a fan of Stranger Things, you're now probably wishing Spooky had the license because Stern laid an egg. Stern likes to do this a lot... rain on someone's parade by releasing new code when another manufacturer releases their new game, or in this case a new game over the top of another new game.
They usually win... but Spooky did such a great job Stern loses big league. Congrats to Spooky you went head to head and won you're now a giant killer.

I don't understand this mentality. To be fair, it's too early to say regarding R&M as we've seen very little. I really don't see it as a vs situation either. Of the two, even though I like both properties, I think R&M makes for a potentially funner pin experience. The two licenses aren't mutually exclusive, there is overlap. Additionally, no matter how bad you might think Stranger Things pin is, they'll sell far more than 750, and they haven't even shown the whole package for the high end models. It's just a bigger company in general. Maybe I'm in the minority but I keep my expectations tempered.

#6209 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Then dont play it or buy it. Simple fix.

Woosh?

#6213 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I got some reading to do here on this Topic -- Need Cliffy Notes on this thing

There's not much to say...did you order? if not, find a distro there's a handful left. If you did...well..not much else is known than when it was announced.

#6226 4 years ago

For those who haven't got their numbers yet. I'll sell you mine for 10k. Then you can brag about having a number!

#6289 4 years ago

Whatever happens, we have to make sure the Stranger Things thread doesn't catch up to this one.

#6306 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Thank goodness Chris @ Pinball Star is late getting his order # assignments out or there would be nothing to talk about in this thread, apparently...

Spooky needs to start dropping some more tidbits, otherwise there IS nothing else to talk about.

#6316 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Pretty sure the timeline issues in that show, will only make your head spin off entirely!

I actually googled that, because I thought I was nuts. The way they did it with no actual dates shown, and characters that don't age...it's kind of annoying, but the show is good.

#6319 4 years ago

I predict 50 really excited happy people, 50 happy people and 100 not so happy people

#6321 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I thought he had 100 total?

Might be...then halve the numbers

#6375 4 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Got my number from Joe 243 paid at 9:03 04 sec. I was concerned being a first time purchaser from Joe that I might be at the back of the bus apparently these fears were irrational. Looks like he is as awesome as his tote bags!! Thanks again Joe now I know how much plasma and other fluids I need to donate in the next 24 weeks to make up the difference. Now that I’m not refreshing my Gmail screen every 5 min back to listening to snake jazz.
Happy new year,
Al

correction coming in 3...2...1...

/kidding.

#6379 4 years ago

Just listened to the podcast. The callout % is genius. I feel like most of the time I'd keep it at like 10% or something low so that the really good ones are rare. They stand out more then.

#6418 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

There *has* to be a reason the portal hole is so huge, hoping for a built in portal effect!

If you look at the very first pic they posted of the back of the playfield, it looked like there was some sort of molding underneath it. I assume if that is the case, they could do some funky lighting effects there to make it look more portal like. It's hard to tell from the videos.

#6430 4 years ago

So how long until this is the longest thread on pinside? 6k already.

Not even close. There's a region for sale thread with 15k...and I assume there are others much older and larger.

#6448 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm Spooky direct also, #482 If you need to trade spots to save your money look no further.

reminder that trades go to the back of the line

#6478 4 years ago

People seem to not like it on translites. Many people get it on the instruction cards. I prefer the bottom of the cab

#6538 4 years ago

At this point in pinball when new games are being released at over 10k, I think we are overdue to increase the meme to 20k.

#6549 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Batman '66 ruined the meme single-handedly.

60k by Supreme Day.

#6560 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

Maybe I'm confused about what the butter upgrade is. I thought there was a clear coat layer put over the printing. Wouldn't that protect it more/make it more durable?

It was envisioned in the midwest by this lady. Here's a sample of the work involved, except it's a pinball cabinet instead of a cow. They have her locked in a freezer, so remember that if you order one. Recommended you keep the pin in a refrigerated room for less mess.

#6583 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hoping the stream sucks so I can buy a spot in line for a reasonable premium. Not $6000
I was slow to make a decision to get the game. Over winter break I started to watch the series, and wrapping up season 2 I love it now. So sadly I’m on the outside looking in.
I desperately wanted to like St Things, but I’m not digging it.
Maybe TMNT will get my mind off of missing out on R&M.

Look around at distros....I believe there's a handful around to purchase still.

#6587 4 years ago

I think the special item is Justin hand delivering each machine.

#6591 4 years ago

Happy New Year!

#6619 4 years ago

Removed because apparently not the case.

#6622 4 years ago

He's not wrong. It happens over and over on these slow to in hands games. So much turnover from the front of the line before everyone even has their games. Usually cheaper than what you paid.

#6625 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

The only thing that changes in a spot sale/trade is the name on the build number.

We might need clarification. Earlier in this thread I'm pretty sure Spooky said that trades go to the back of the line. That is a big incentive not to trade or spot sell, but maybe I misunderstood.

#6627 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We do not need clarification, that was never said

Well now I will have to go dig it out because I'm pretty sure it was said shortly after spots were going up.

#6631 4 years ago

Okay got it. I knew 'something' had been said. Not a big deal to me, I was just trying to keep people from paying crazy prices only to get screwed more.

#6645 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Final payment mailed.
Things are getting closer.[quoted image]

Wow really? What # are ya??

#6668 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Blows my mind Stranger Things has been on route near me since the 24th I mean holy shit can Stern crank out some machines.

Yep, no matter how incomplete they are, they keep pushing them out.

#6691 4 years ago

I kept trying to fast forward thru his segment. I almost quit listening it was so grating.

#6702 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Use a podcast app with speed control. I speed up all podcasts to varying degrees, and it saves a ton of listening time. Most of them I do at 1.25x and they still sound normal. The EM Dungeon segment I put at 1.5x and it sounded fine.
In other news, how has nobody reported that Rick said "Lionman!" in the podcast? I'm so psyched for the callouts. I think I'm going to turn the "adult" callout percentage down real low, to up the shock value of Rick berating me. It'll also really stretch how long the game feels "new", as I hear new things every time I play.

Yea that was my idea too, set it to around 10% so they are there, but rare. I know they said 'all callouts have 2 versions' but in another interview he said some had 5+ and that basically there's a pool from both pg/r they can pull from.

#6710 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I agree. I really hope they have the bleeps, at least on the ones that CAN be bleeped.

Gives me an idea for a crazy mode. Bleep mode. Rick starts into one of his tirades (with extra sauce) and every ball hit (target) bleeps over what he's saying. Make the objective simply bleep as much of the tirade as you can in that time. Score tallied by % of tirade bleeped.

#6711 4 years ago

Off that idea, the same sort of idea could be applied with a mode that is him belching.

#6716 4 years ago

So then the question becomes, does this game have a clock in the code?

#6725 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Not sure about Spooky but all my other games, you can set date/time. And any computer can have a clock.

It was more around can the time be set - to be interactive for things such as midnight modes, I am aware of how computers work

#6726 4 years ago

No. Just an option to have a bleeped version of the “bad” call outs would be better.
I like the % thing but Id also like a bleep version or option. Like ozzy on the osbournes. It was funnier on tv than on dvd when it was uncensored. I dunno, maybe thats me.

Same with Southpark.

#6739 4 years ago

I don't allow liquid near my pins. Or smokers. Or players. Actually I keep them vacuum sealed in a hermetically sealed room. These things aren't cheap. On the rare occasion I dare lessen the value by flipping them I go in dressed like this:
suit (resized).PNGsuit (resized).PNG

You can never be too careful.

#6753 4 years ago

Most likely she'll know more than you by the time you're ready.

#6765 4 years ago

I want to know who's working on mods for the spaceship. Clear dome, Rick and Morty inside...etc

#6773 4 years ago

I'm only 3ish hours away from Spooky apparently. I'll drive to save on shipping and spend that money on extras!

#6779 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

What’s “interior graphics”?

Side blade art. I do not believe these are included in the BSE. I also notice mirror blades aren't listed. I honestly am kind of 'meh' on the side art that is in the video. I may just skip that and wait to see what pingraffix comes up with.

#6829 4 years ago

Never cared for knockers. In home use, don't need one as I don't care about 'replays!'. Not having one does not impact my enjoyment of pinball at all.

#6837 4 years ago

So... when all is said and done I'll be looking at $7970 plus shipping for my BSE with all options except Butter, Coin Box, and Bill acceptor.
If you picked up every option you'd run $9,059.
If you picked up a plain standard you'd run $6995.
So, total price runs just shy of the street price of a Stern Premium to just under the street price of a Stern LE.

Smaller company, smaller run, AND you are likely paying for the license, which if all is as good as we've been told, is quite a bit more assets than Stern does...

#6841 4 years ago

For those that find knockers necessary and nostalgic....what are your thoughts on LCD over DMD? There's no nostalgia for LCD. People like to say it adds more, and is a natural progression. Why shouldn't there be a natural progression that removes the knocker (which has been done, but everyone seems to dislike). I ask this as someone who is not blown away by the move to LCD. To me the only things necessary for a pinball machine are the balls and flippers. Everything else is optional.

#6844 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Knockers are a inherit part of pinball , if knockers are annoying or scare you I think you're in the wrong hobby

So is paying for pinball. Do you have yours set to freeplay? That's not pinball. If you like em you like em, but they are not a necessity for a pinball machine. Especially if you own it.

#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Hm...because there is nothing worse than hearing speakers pop to emulate the noise? May just be me, but the speaker torture is waaaay too brutal...I prefer to here the knocker myself, its satisfying to know I hit the replay score...even if I'm at home on free play
All that said, its merely a preference...sooooo...whatever blows up your skirt!

Yep, not trying to start a knocker war.

#6851 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:If that's all that matters stick to EM games .
I love all the new technology LEDs , lcds , sound systems , internet connectivity ( coming soon ) . I'm greedy I want more not less and a knocker just adds to everything . Good pinball is more than just flippers and balls it is a physical ,Audio Visual experience .

I think you missed the point, but whatever.

#6870 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Me too!
THAT is what *real* pinball is all about.

Except that's a backhanded jab - which has been said more than once the same way. Sorry, but if you want to talk about REAL pinball, then you should have reels and pins. I mean, why go to digital at all? That's not *real* pinball. LCD? Stereo Sound? Subs? That's not *real* pinball, not classic pinball. Just saying. The implication that the lack of a knocker somehow diminishes *real* pinball is false. The idea that real knockers somehow are a requirement is absurd when you consider everything that has changed in pinball. Ultimately I don't care, just funny that people try to belittle it as something that is required. It's like religious people cherry picking what they agree with in the bible then judging everyone else.

#6871 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Because as you said everyone dislikes it .
This is one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen posted on pinside and I have seen a lot of stupid shit .

Get back in your cage. I suppose it's easier to say it's stupid when your reading comprehension is that lacking.

#6875 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That logic is a slippery slope my friend. Remove the real mechanical knocker today? What's next, might as well just simulate the flippers on a screen too...
They are not a requirement, as I said, but *for me*, they are icing on the cake.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

#6882 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

You know the news on this machine is slow when pinside argues about installing a knocker or not...

Pinball opinions is serious bidness.

#6887 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

All those things you mentioned are real , the sound of a knocker going off isn't real unless it's made by a real knocker making the noise .

I'm going to chalk this up to different cultures as again I think you missed the point. It's not a big deal, no one was affronting your preference of a real knocker.

#6891 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Real knockers vs fake knockers....are we talking pinball here???

This would be a much more interesting conversation if we weren't.

#6898 4 years ago

Wait a minute, you said you don't like fake knockers *colbert*

#6909 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A pinball machine without a knocker when you score a replay or high score, the main goal of any pinball game as far as I'm concerned?
Might as well be playing video games. Or go back to playing them if that is where you came from.

"...and that was *blarrrp* was the start of the pinball wars. Split down the middle about what should or shouldn't be in a pinball machine. Stupid bastards. They all died Morty, THEY ALL DIED. Over a bleep-ing game Morty!"

#6915 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

My point was, who cares if he was? His post led to a net positive.
I've seen ACNC at the site I play at, and is routinely maintained, often shutdown, and for me as a R&M buyer, it's a positive to hear possible past issues corrected via Scott. Bravo!
If someone feels, thinks, has a different opinion than you, does that truly affect your enjoyment that much? We are way too divided as a species, and it's all ego focused. I'm right, you're wrong, fuck off. An endless loop.
End thread derail. Game on. And I'm fine if my poop words are viewed as agreeable or disagreeable.

As we repeatedly see in almost every thread, differing opinions do indeed affect enjoyment, and in some cases are even ruining pinball! /s

#6928 4 years ago

I feel like flares would be much more engaging

#6977 4 years ago

OH MY GOD. Come back to 6000+ posts and think holy shit something happened, and it's all this knocker talk FFS peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

....sorry, thought this was what we were doing now.

Lots of parodies in R&M. I am a huge fan of how creative people get with existing ideas.

#6980 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Never thought about using headphones while playing. I like it loud and proud.
If the neighbors complain, fk em. They are the ones hiring those obnoxious leafblowers.

How do I know you live alone for $100 Alex.

#6982 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There is shit all over the kitchen counters and floor when I wake up and sometimes I am part of it.
You win the daily double.

Significant others can be a hassle sometimes. Giving you the stinkeye when you say you're thinking about buying another pin, sighing heavily when you ask them to help you load it into the house, taking naps about the same time you want to play pinball.

#6985 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

could be nice for route where you want to hear a specific pin over others

I so agree with this. That's one of the things I dislike the most about barcades these days. You can't hear anything in the pin and today's pins practically require you to be able to hear whats going on. It's strange too, because I remember being able to hear games in arcades when I was younger.

#7000 4 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAAARR!

#7001 4 years ago

Also, Co-op mode is included. One person on left flipper, one person on right flipper.

#7024 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I can recap for you:
"Spooky needs to raise the limit"
"My spot in line sucks"
"Dimples (cant remember it was this thread or the StTh thread but I wouldnt be surprised)
"Knockers are awesome"
"Knockers suck"
(An excuse to insert pic of said knockers)
Did I miss anything?
TLDR: read the key posts

"omg I came to find news and all it was was people talking and I'm too lazy to read and going to post about it and cry about it in another thread doing the same thing"

you forgot that one.

#7026 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Ok, everyone is bored. Let’s play the speculation game...
How long til an in hand NIB hits eBay and what’s the Buy it Now price?

Hard to say, but here's my hypothesis.

Many of the first 50 at least are going to mostly people that don't need the money, and probably don't even play pinball. They will either sit in their boxes in storage, or get opened, set up, put somewhere in a room, and not touched - aside for at least 1 that we know probably will route it(?)

The next 50 might be a lower ratio mix of those people, and some in the circuit pin people. Many of those people will actually play it for a bit (or maybe route it...I don't really know how many OP's are in the front of the line).

I'm guessing mid Feb to March before an actual machine hits resale, but I'm guessing there are people in the first 100 that are 'in the know'.

#7031 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i would love to know where you came up with the idea about the first 50.

I pulled the number out of my ass if that's what you are alluding to. However, Spooky already had stated the first so many games were accounted for and it wasn't by people who bought the day they went on sale. I probably have the numbers wrong (it was a hypothesis after all). Upon further thought though, I do realize that there were distros with sub 100's. Feel free to enlighten us?

EDIT: What I was getting at is that the accounted for games were stated to be going to people at Adult Swim, CN, R&M etc, and assume there are other higher in the industry people (such as yourself) that are probably getting early games if they want them, but aren't likely to sell them right away if at all. I don't expect to see what was asked about right away...but who knows.

#7061 4 years ago

We need loud fans to cover up the knocker sounds!

...too soon?

#7070 4 years ago

I paid an extra $2000 to get mine built first.

#7080 4 years ago

So am I to understand there's a game that can be played now at Spooky HQ?

#7094 4 years ago

My virtual cab is louder than any real pinball because that thing has 6 huge fans.

#7102 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I'm going to liquid cool my RAM.

Agreed, a few spritzes from a spray bottle and all good.

#7104 4 years ago

I just hope I have Spookys timeline when my number is up.

#7113 4 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Also stated that the R&m artist from the series did the game artwork,
worth a listen

That is interesting as there was someone was going off in the other thread that the artist from the show did not work on the art for the game and was why the colors were wrong and that the art seemed random. I'd say if they stated it was the actual artist, it was him.

#7199 4 years ago

and it's official then? R&M?

Also, compared to some threads, this one has been fine. Some people are just a bit too...spoiled to put it politely.

#7208 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Can we make the special item from buying in the first 48 hours be access to a production floor webcam? I'd watch that thing all the time! For at least 10 months anyway.

LOL. Oh no...I can see it now...everyone is wowed and amazed for the first hour, then depressed because it will be like watching paint dry...and then you'll have the armchair line workers going - I don't think he tightened that bolt enough.

#7249 4 years ago

I just want to know if it is going to ship with the projector.

#7261 4 years ago

I talked my wife into letting me order this pin stating that it would fund her retirement. Come on Spooky! No pressure!

#7267 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just the other day she texted me this while I was at work...[quoted image]

I want to know what the other 3 pages were.

#7411 4 years ago

I really only have one question....

How's Charlie going to fit my R&M machine down my chimney when he delivers it next Christmas?

#7449 4 years ago

I don't have any other games with magnets. Does this require different balls, and will they get magnetized over time and the captive ball stick to the flooble crank? (probably over thinking this).

#7476 4 years ago

wrong thread.

#7482 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Listen everyone, the flooble crank and balls will need to be adjusted, that’s a given.
But this thread is about pinball so can we get back to talking about RM?

That's what we're doing thread nazi.

#7485 4 years ago

Always wrap your flooble.

#7507 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Every time I see a whole bunch of new posts I think there may finally be a gameplay video... disappointed every time.

Don't rush perfection. Anytime I get impatient, I refer to the Stranger Things release and I'm good again.

#7624 4 years ago

I don't hedge my bets on promises like this. I know they probably mean it right now, but it rarely works out that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 13,500.00
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
404 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Zablon. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=Zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.