20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Potatoloco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2208 4 years ago

I really hope Spooky nails the price point out of the gate. There’s so many variables at play here with a great theme, limited run, manufacturing capabilities, consumer demand. The price point alone could be a huge home run for sustainability and gaining a ton of traction in the years to come.

#2214 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'm guessing base price of $7k like their previous pin? If I recall correctly.

I’d think this has to push $7599-$7999.

Reason being, I assume this theme is miles beyond the demand of Alice Cooper. If this is the case, pricing below what demand would sustain will leave A LOT of cash on the table. I’d hate to see a situation that arises in which used game pricing outpaces NIB cost. But at the end of the day, the market will get to decide that based off the pricing out of the gate.

Edit: I don't have a dog in this fight and want Spooky to do well. For those downvoting or those that disagree, y'all do realize that if used 3rd party prices outpaced the pricing of NIB games yet to be made that this would hurt Spooky since their prices are static and manufacturing of the full run will take considerable time while competition will be pumping out a directly competing product? The pricing is based on demand and the economics of their previous releases with the cost of add-ons that have been documented since this posting. The base price will be somewhere in the high 6's, the price will likely push in the mid to high 7s when everything is taken into consideration.

#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Nah. My 'guess' is $6995 + $525 for BSE.

That’s probably where it’ll end up. The economics side of me thinks this needs to be in the 7.5K+ range to maximize the value. We shall see soon.

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Charlie and Luke have stated the price was locked in months ago and they are not out to squeeze every dime from their customer base. I sure hope we aren't looking at your proposed price range.

Then early adopters will have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That’s some stern thinking

Nah, just business growth thinking to put a company in a position to keep upping their game even more for years to come. I don’t think a premium price ask for a premium made game with all the toys to a solid fan base of both manufacturer, game designer, and theme is a big ask.

#2990 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I’d think this has to push $7599-$7999.
Reason being, I assume this theme is miles beyond the demand of Alice Cooper. If this is the case, pricing below what demand would sustain will leave A LOT of cash on the table. I’d hate to see a situation that arises in which used game pricing outpaces NIB cost. But at the end of the day, the market will get to decide that based off the pricing out of the gate.
Edit: I don't have a dog in this fight and want Spooky to do well. For those downvoting or those that disagree, y'all do realize that if used 3rd party prices outpaced the pricing of NIB games yet to be made that this would hurt Spooky since their prices are static and manufacturing of the full run will take considerable time while competition will be pumping out a directly competing product? The pricing is based on demand and the economics of their previous releases with the cost of add-ons that have been documented since this posting. The base price will be somewhere in the high 6's, the price will likely push in the mid to high 7s when everything is taken into consideration.

Caught some flak for this a couple of days ago. Just curious how far off this was and what Day 1 pricing looks like for standard and BSE?

#3494 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I wasn't a fan of the purple powdercoat and was not expecting so many people to go for the BSE. Now I'm concerned I may not get a game at all, if they just keep selling BSE's and those sales push standards off the list...

I was concerned about this yesterday evening, but from talking to multiple people in the know, no one should be getting pushed off the list. It’s a flat 750 allotment of games with standard and BSE combined.

If this changes, well that’ll make for an interesting discussion.

1 month later
#9591 4 years ago

My curiosity is peaked just for the sheer challenge of trying to play this game. I’m not a fan of the ball save from the pop bumper, but it is what it is. What I am a fan of is it looks and plays like a tough player and will be a fun challenge. Tight shots, get punished for playing on the fly too much, a need bar extreme ball control and flipper skills, looks like a lot of good times ahead.

#9606 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

The Slam Save sounded awesome and this video proved it: it will save you from a true burn but the timing is short enough to keep you on your toes and limit it to true actual burns. Looks perfect to me!
And to temper my earlier comments, I'm not meaning them to be negative... I like a shot that takes time to learn and isn't necessarily "easy", and I know they know better than to make a RAZA clunkfest. I agree pinball should be challenging... but I don't think everyone should have to be Bowen-level either to enjoy the game - 95% of us are mere mortals after all. So I'm just expressing hope that there is a good medium sweet-spot in this case.

People can still enjoy each pin to a certain degree depending on how fleshed out the code is to make easier shots rewarding in game progression.

This design isn’t by any means an easy design to handle. I think it’ll be tough for advanced players and be brutal for average players. Upper flipper is meant to send the ball horizontal, which causes chaos. Pop bumper as a sling is typically tough to deal with since it’s sending the ball in various directions. This is even more intriguing since the pop is powerful enough to send the ball vertical at a quick enough pace to complete shots.

If someone isn’t a control player, it’s gonna be short game times for vast majority of these type of players.

#9614 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

What do you know anyway, Muriel?

Murray - El

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Potatoloco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=Potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.