20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2190 4 years ago

Been waiting on this theme. Just take my money, please.

#2290 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Get those stamps Morty![quoted image]

This has to be the 2 x 5 bank of lights in the playfield pics.

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

... third button on the right side of the cabinet is a Meeseeks button. Maybe it would finish a mode the same way the Big Bang does in DI, or maybe it would save the ball from the outlane like in BK,...

There is a pickle rick mode.

Third button is definitely a magnasave - magnet clearly visible from underside pics.

Pickle Rick mode is a MUST.

#2474 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's better when they wax , it can get a bit prickly

Laser hair removal. Dated 3 chicks that had this done - unreal.

#3189 4 years ago

1900 RnM BSE

#3512 4 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

That sauce was basically free and this is not. The stoner element doesn't have a credit limit that would allow them to purchase this even if they wanted to.

Wrong

#3654 4 years ago

Wasn’t super stoked on the lavender .... until I saw the Hi-Res.

Crushing it!

#3904 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Ummmm did I say say first day? I meant first 10 minutes!!!
No? Aw s**t... looks like we owe 750 people something fun!

TOPPER!!

#4320 4 years ago

There's so much you can do with this theme it's mind boggling. Glad Spooky picked it up - can't wait to see what this all-star team cooks up.

#4475 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't get the whole "I'm glad they used stock toys because I can get cheap replacement parts" argument. You're paying $7000+. What is all that cost for if not to development and produce some new stuff? You can look at it like you get cheap replacement parts later, or like you're overpaying for them the first time. TSPP was before the era of $7000 games so I don't think it's quite a fair comparison, but these days with these prices I think the price warrants original parts unique to the game, not an amalgamation of existing parts. I wonder if they pursued this theme in part because of the wealth of licensed toys available to use in the game? I hope it doesn't become a trend in the industry to cut costs by repurposing bulk item toys.

Are you seriously trying to compare plastic action figures to a pinball machine? The value is in the engineering of the playfield, the computer, the code, the light show, the display, the video clips, the callouts, paychecks for employees, and just maybe.... a little bit of profit so they can build the next machine. And don’t forget the licensing for EVERY representation in the game that is present in the show.

Buy whatever $40 toy you want and screw it on. Maybe you should make your own machine.

#4481 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

do they have the room to make more?? before the licence times out?

I believe Spooky mentioned the licensing agreement restricts them to 750 units.

Edit - beat me to it.

#4527 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Mod community will take care of that before half of the games ship.

Truth!

Let Spooky design, build, and code. The sub-market of modders will have plenty of opportunities to impress you with visual diarrhea. I want a good game.

#4531 4 years ago

To all the pissers pissing about a million different opportunities to do some whiz-bang shit with some plastic toy that will make the game so much better.... buy an arduino for $20, a couple wires and lights then tap into a few switches and program your own “must be in there or I’m gonna be pissed” mods..... or just trust that they’re going to make an awesome game and stop piling on what Spooky ‘should’ do to impress you.

Of course, you could always just sell your spot in the queue.

My $0.02.... ooof, no more bourbon (I’m on the other side of the world.... no, I’m not day drinking).

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This shows the purple's texture and shine alot better. Hard to see in photos but in person it really pops.[quoted image]

Dope {{{{~~ BUUUUURRRRPPPP ~~}}}}

#4672 4 years ago

I was downloading the PF pics and noticed this little gem hiding out. Thoughts....?

B34526F6-D2F0-42D1-AEBF-25F026E881FD (resized).jpegB34526F6-D2F0-42D1-AEBF-25F026E881FD (resized).jpeg
#4694 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Pretty sure I read from a prior post that the pin will have five balls. I wonder if it will pre-stage one (or more) balls in the secondary portal trough before or after a game, similar to how STTNG works?

As it was explained, and the way I heard it, a ball stays in the subway for ‘instant’ eject from the portal scoop.

#4700 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Right. But if there's a multi-ball mode that uses all the balls (one would hope), there's a chance the game could end with no ball in the secondary trough.

It would be a 4 ball multi ball. When you load the game you drop one in the subway and 4 in the trough.

One enters the portal and one leaves the portal.

#5219 4 years ago

Two hours and ten pages of pissing and moaning.

.... what the fuck did I do with that portal gun ....

#5270 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

No, you are 100% wrong.
Order #1 or so online is #120 in line.
Order #31 or so online is #258 in line
Order #75 or so online is #350 in line
Look, I'm really not trying to complain here, but this is the reality of the situation and just doesn't jive with the original statements about how the line was going to form.
The fact is you were at a HUGE disadvantage if you bought through spooky's website, as far as getting an early number.
And yes I know I said I wouldn't post on this anymore but I just want to set the record straight. Spooky was NOT up front about how these games would be distributed. And because a guy has cancer and a couple people ordered multiples does not explain away those 3 points I just made.
Love ya spooky but let's be real here...

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Here is the direct quote from spooky:
1. We allow 375 of our 750 games to distributors. These games are preloaded into the list evenly across the full 750 spots.
2. We do that because many of our customers prefer to buy through their distributor who they have long standing relationships with. Would not be fair to build all spooky direct games first because that would essentially cut our distributors business. All customers have an even chance of an early number this way no matter how they buy.
3. Cartoon network has team games as well as spooky these will have to be built early obviously due to contractual requirements with licensing and suppliers.
4. The remaining spots purchased from our website are layered in starting at #1 so yes you have a real chance of acquiring early places in line when you order direct!
But maybe I'm misreading this? Is this a misunderstanding? I'm just asking for transparency is all. Buying through a distributor got you a chance to get a game as early as January. Buying direct, the earliest is April.

If I was Spooky I would have dumped you both already.

#5401 4 years ago

Order 1900 = BSE #386

#5571 4 years ago

Maybe one of you prior Spooky customers can answer this for me....

Is a playfield protector a typical pre-production option on a Spooky game? I think I’d like to get one for this game as it’s going to be a fairly low run of games and installing it prior the assembly seems like a smart move.

#5634 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Hah, cool to see who I purchased from after so many emails. #186 will be on location somewhere in St.Augustine, FL

That was my BUD/s class number.

#5644 4 years ago

Basic Underwater Demolition / SEAL course.

#5661 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

....anyone else with me on the mirror thing?

I have mirror blades on my MBrLE and really like them. I’d be happy with those on RnM

#5850 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

He sounds like a College Freshman.

College professor.

1 week later
#6584 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

t-shirt idea -> Peace Among Worlds[quoted image]

Fucking awesome.

#6675 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Spooky Pinball has their latest podcast up, discussing Rick and Morty, I will be listening:
https://www.spookypinball.com/podcast/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-118/

Wow.... that cabinet guy.... he makes me want to saw through my neck with a rusty spoon.

#6723 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So then the question becomes, does this game have a clock in the code?

Not sure about Spooky but all my other games, you can set date/time. And any computer can have a clock.

#6798 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

And a toy...
Its like going on a date.
Gas to the venue, covered.
Everything else is extra lol
Its an a-la-carte style menu !
Hint, just order water. The wine is over priced...

wHine*

Fixed

#7066 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Is this confirmation that they are not being built in number order?

Oh god....

#7164 4 years ago

This thread is becoming unbearable....

“I want a pinball machine based on a show where the main character is a crass drunk that blurts out inappropriate comments.... but only between the hours of 10pm and 6am.... and only at 70% of what the show would normally have.... unless it’s Friday or Saturday.... or when my kids are at their mom’s for the weekend... unless it’s a holiday.... but not during Christmas or Easter.”

Can we just say, if you don’t want your kids watching the show, then this probably isn’t the game you want in your house.

...unless you bought a standard from a distributor at 10:04:28 and your build number is lower than the BSE that another guy bought from Spooky at 10:05:17 from the website that wasn’t a Fang Club member but owns a TNA.

What in the serious fuck is going on here?!?

#7169 4 years ago

Deleted....

#7171 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

I have a 5 year old. I’d like to parlay some conversations for a few years. So I’m going to take advantage of this feature.
So y’all single sweaty men without kids or divorced sweaty men without kids at your house can deal w the fact that some people have small kids at their house and still like rick and morty.
My kids will watch the show. I will watch it with them. Just not in March when I get my machine.

And more power to you.

My point was, it is truly a luxury having the ability to enable and disable the bad words so you can enjoy this game with your kids. I agree with this. But some of the suggestions or feature requests to conditionally throttle the cursing to the N’th degree is ridiculous.

Can we let them focus on coding an awesome rule set, please??

#7177 4 years ago

Damn

#7283 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,Fans,744 Pins to be made,744pins,you take 2 down,and pass them around,742 Pins to be made!!!! For those of you outside our Country,and for the benefit of those of you who didn't get to spend the summer at Summer Camp,this song originally was 100 bottles of Beer on the wall,sung 100 times on the bus to kill drive time to camp!!

Ten per week does not mean two per day.

#7350 4 years ago

hawkmoon - Look at the FB picture of Spooky’s warehouse. They are working on 8 machines at one time in similar states of assembly. They don’t “make” two a day.... they make TEN a week. Mathematically, you are correct, but actually, it’s TEN a week.

Big difference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/145#post-5399494

#7355 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

You must realize that he isn't going to stop. He's made that clear. Hilarious.

Yeah.... I concede.

#7495 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Who is the poor Spooky Employee who has to polish all 750 Flooble Cranks?

It’s only 10 per week.... and twenty bucks is twenty bucks.

#7595 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Imagine how much it's going to suck if you tilt during a really good ball if you're that high on seeds.

Seeds give you a headache... but I digress.

#7635 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm more concerned about the licensing than them. TNA was their baby to do with as they wish. And while I think Justin/etc probably won't have issues in the future, Comedy Central/Adult Swim might at some point (licensing is complicated and not cheap). Some of it will depend on how long they have the license, and I think some are overthinking it if they expect they'll have the license for 5 years. (but that's something they'd have to speak to obviously).

I would think Spooky has already negotiated licensing on future seasons. It’s in the best interest of both parties - Adult Swim gets exposure, Spooky gets bragging rights on a legendary limited run machine.

#7788 4 years ago

Truly a class act.

Customer for life.

#8244 4 years ago

Edit - Deleted

#8248 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I gave you a thumbs up because that's what many people do with me after I've deleted a comment.
I'm not sure what motivates them but I suspect it's not anything nice.

Ha! Nah - someone has to be a real asshole for me to go all Keyboard Warrior on them.

I was responding to the comment about silicone rings as an option but Scott had already addressed it.

#8320 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Superbands play so differently on flippers, though. Not in a way I like, personally.

I’m in the same boat. I like the looks and feel of silicon on the playfield but old school rubber on the flippers for sure.

#8400 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Not to switch gears on the poster topic but, I have never bought a nib pinball. I want to pick it up in person as I live only a few hours away. Anyways the shipping boxes look like the machine is on its back (making it taller). I'm curious if I'm going to need a pickup or a trailer or if I can haul it machine bottom down in my minivan. Thanks

There is one side of the box marked “truck from this side” - the other 3 sides say “DO NOT truck from this side” - so it doesn’t have to sit upright. I’ve hauled two NIBs in the back of my short bed pickup truck - box on its side.
32668F2A-4887-4E28-BE11-B8C1BDD02711 (resized).jpeg32668F2A-4887-4E28-BE11-B8C1BDD02711 (resized).jpeg

#8424 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Do not truck refers to hand trucks, not pickup trucks. The box is designed to sit upright, as indicated by the ^^ this end up.

Feel free to argue with my distributor. My NIBs arrived safely.

#8446 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I have been patiently refreshing for more than a month.
Now I'm just starting to wonder why they are making us wait so long.
Is the code still a mess that they cant show it with confidence?
Are they waiting for the new topper?
Problem with a manufacturer for a certain part?

Jeeze.... freak out much?

First pinsider to get theirs won’t be for months still.

#8559 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

"Adventures" and "Dimensions" are independent. You could be on a single adventure and change dimensions multiple times.
In general, the Adventures are like standard pinball modes - rules/shots to accomplish, and Dimensions change details about the game as a whole (this worth more points, that worth less points, etc).

This is why I had been hoping a mfgr would pick this title up. There are so many different directions to take this theme if done with the full essence of the show.

#8744 4 years ago

Not a big Jack D fan myself. He came off very ‘fan boy’-ish in the Stranger Things videos imo.

I’d much rather see a video with Bowen playing and explaining the gameplay.

#8746 4 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

I really enjoy how Bowen covers rules and scoring strategy, and he’d be the obvious expert on the rules here. I also enjoy Jack’s presenting style where he learns about the rules and shots on a machine he doesn’t have experience on yet.
I think we would be fortunate to have either present or even both of them together.

I could deal with Jack D if Bowen was there too.

#8763 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

OMG. A minute ago people were begging for any gameplay video, now we're getting all navel gazey about exactly whom should be the one to play on the stream?!
I already bought this friggin' game, of course I want the streamer to PUMP ME UP about how awesome it is. Bring on the fanboi!
Seriously though, "seriously"?

Not a Jack Danger fan - period.

I implore you to find any post from me on this thread that is negative with regards to information about the game, about the numbering and prioritization of the ordering process, or begging for gameplay videos.

Please post what you find or shut the fuck up.

#8795 4 years ago

..... deleted

C091F394-445E-42B9-91FF-7108C5C1E0FF (resized).jpegC091F394-445E-42B9-91FF-7108C5C1E0FF (resized).jpeg
#8964 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Nothing to do with Purists . What if you have to work on the machine with the power off what if you don't have a tablet or a laptop , the manual that came with my Hobbit is as thick as a phone book it takes forever to scroll through all of that to find what you want . Just another way for companies to save money for something that should be included .

What if you live in cave and don’t have electricity....

Yes, it is a cost saving measure. But it’s also an expedience measure as well. What if a part number changes, what if the game menu changes, what if a wiring diagram was printed wrong and needs to be changed?

It’s much easier to change and update a PDF and provide an up to date manual on demand that you can print if you want.

#8966 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Who's talking about games that are sold first, and then physically completed later on??
Is this suddenly a stern thread now??

Seriously?? Did you not just put a deposit on a machine that isn’t built yet?

Software changes, part numbers change, manuals get outdated.

#8971 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Are you in the wrong thread or something? ...
Settle down! Lol

Misunderstood your sarcasm - sorry

#9058 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

is the 'target decal set' just an extra set of decals? (a backup set?
hoping to see what the interior graphics look like before having to make my decision

Looks like the decals will be extras....

FF1DFA69-751F-42B3-AF1B-3239BAAA677E (resized).jpegFF1DFA69-751F-42B3-AF1B-3239BAAA677E (resized).jpeg
#9069 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m normally not into that, but since the speakers are a portal it seems like a must have upgrade!

Doesn’t make much sense to me to not option the crap out of this one. I think I’m all in except for butter cab.

#9114 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I bet an all of the above box to check (not including butter) which offered a $50 discount would get a bunch of takers

$50 off a $7500 game is important to you?

How about a free topper instead?

#9116 4 years ago

The spaceship is parked on The Simpsons house with a “For Sale” sign in the yard... hilarious!

#9387 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The superbowl ads sucked this year. Also, that commercial having an impact on the machine is almost zero.

It is exactly zero. They have been sold out since day one.

#9648 4 years ago

Best light show in pinball.

Congrats Spooky - looks like a knockout.

1 week later
#10583 4 years ago

Super excited to see one of these in C-137.

1 month later
#11829 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Those are the ones I use on all my games. Cliffy got it right on these and knows how to protect games from wear.

I bought some of these to try on my JP2. They’re thick.... quite a bit thicker than the stern ‘narrow’ and/or tapered post sleeves.

1 month later
#11929 3 years ago

70’ish - I believe.

Congratulations on the pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=Lounge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.