20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingPinGames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Great for Charlie and the spooky team. As always we can't wait to get our games from Chris at Kingpin. Looking forward to adding another group of spooky games to our route.

Thanks chris. As for others looking, we are one of the few authorized spooky dealers. We are taking names for a list until details are revealed.

Email us your name to "get on the list."

[email protected]

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Where can I find a list of distributors?

Spooky Pinball (WI Based)
PinballStar Amusements (PA Based)
KingPin Games (WI Based)
Nitro Amusements (WA Based)
Lock When Lit (MO Based)

I believe that is it for USA distributors.

#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess Wisconsin is about as close as any to where I live anyway.
The distributer in my town only sells new Stern, JJP, American, and CGC.
I do however go by there once a week to say hello.

Order from Spooky, they are good people.

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

A couple of questions that haven’t been answered afaik
is there a firm date for the reveal?
Is there a firm date for fang club orders starting?

No on reveal date
Yes on ordering. You can order the day of the reveal. Then the 30 day countdown on the blood sucker edition starts

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Will it be like how the west was won, or will there be some order ?

If you are on a list, it should go that way. If not, find a different distributor next time. That's for my company. I cant speak for the ways other do it.

#1193 4 years ago

I have a few spots left, but I would highly suggest people get in with someone REAL soon.

#1208 4 years ago

No. If I don't have room, then I dont have room.

As for ordering from a distributor

Some take games to shows that spooky doesnt attend
Some offer delivery and installation
Some offer in home tech support
Some accept trade ins on games

If you don't need any or the services above then order direct..I was a spooky customer before being a distributor..

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

This goes against what spooky says. They said fang club memebers get a 2 week preorder. So how could fang club memebers loose a spot to non memeber. Your basically saying the preorder for the fang club means nothing to you.

You didnt mention anything about the 2 week early access. Yes, in the case that we are in the two week early access time and a non fang club member has a spot on my list and a fang club member is asking for it, I would first contact the non member and ask them if they would like to become a member (which I would suggest regardless of a game release). If they decide they don't want to be a member then I would give the spot to the fang club member.

If you are truly worried about this situation then I strongly suggest you become a member (which you should do regardless just to support spooky) and then get you name on the list.

1 week later
#4719 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Can anyone post some detailed pics of their "butter" cabinets? I'd like to see!

They generally do not allow a club thread until people actually have the game in hand.

I have a butter TNA if you are in the Wisconsin Dells area and want to stop over.

#4745 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have not.

Thanks Chris, will take you up on that if we get out there any time soon. Also I've been looking to buy a TNA so let me know if you ever have one to sell.

Zach at FlipnOut has one and he is coming to the chicagoland area tomorrow.

#5297 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, I was curious because I can get one through my distributor right now and it would be delivered in Feb. I have to pay the full amount but get it early. I haven’t pulled the trigger on it I told him I’d let him know today

you need to find a better distributor. do you have to pay more to get real service in a timely matter?

find a distributor that does their job and doesn't "sell" their spots to the highest bidder.

this makes me sick.

#5328 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What is the price difference between the base model and the blood sucking LE?

$6995 standard
$7520 blood sucker

#5345 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks, is that all in cost including delivery?

no, that is just the cost of the base game. no extras, no tax, no shipping.

#5662 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Nice, does the distributor make you pay the full amount upfront or is it a down payment?

If ANY distributor is asking you to pay more than the initial payment required by spooky, please let spooky know... and then find a better distributor!

here is the list of the Authorized Spooky distributors (to the best of my knowledge). If you don't see your's on there, then ask Spooky to confirm

Pinball Star (PA)
KingPin Games (WI)
Nitro (WA)
Lock When Lit (MO)

there are obviously international distributors too, but i am not as familiar with them.

fyi, initial payments required by Spooky are

Blood Sucker Edition $1525
Standard Edition $1000

#5665 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is Great American Pinball (GAP) a distributor? They are claiming to be on Facebook.

I am not sure. That would be a question for Spooky.

1 week later
#6243 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Do you think he's switching people around and dealing with all this trouble for free. The answer is hell no and the reason is bigger kickback.

I want to set this straight. The margins for the game are the same regardless if it's a standard, blood sucker, no options, or everything including butter cabinet. There is NO bigger kickback on one game over another.

Okay, moving on. I have never watched the show, but I did have a chance to shoot the game. I enjoyed it and found its shots satisfying when hit. I am sure it would have meant more had I known the context for the modes and callouts, but I still enjoyed the game for the layout and replayability.

20191206_112421 (resized).jpg20191206_112421 (resized).jpg
#6277 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I did but a lot of people in my area who have received NIB recently and the issue seems to be resolved. If tmnt comes out and they are still having qc issues. I'll buy something else no big deal.

I've never insulted Joe nor have i said he was a bad distributor. I like Joe and I bought from him because i wanted to support him and I'll buy from him in the future if our paths align. My critique has been about the switching of spots causing a logjam and that spot numbers arent going to be given out fairly which we know they aren't. The other points were addressed
From the minute Rick and Morty was revealed Spooky and Distros stressed "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE".
Do you think it's fair that Spooky had everyone fighting over spots that weren't even available at launch?
Do you think it's fair that if someone willingly bought a standard then switched to a BSE(before Deadline)they would jump in front of everyone who ordered behind them even though they bought a bse?
Do you think it's fair that another Distro(I wont name names)sold spots to returning customers and made new and first time customers wait an entire day before they could get thier chance to buy. A point that even SpookyLuke talked about.
Do any of the above scenarios truly scream "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE"? So please spare me the notion of Everyone had a fair and equal shot at all 750 machines

I am reading through this and wondering how (if) I should even react to you statements. Are you implying that I did something wrong by allowing the customer that have helped grow my business have first access to the new game? Are you aware that this has been Spooky's model for every game after amh up until now? The only reason it was changed here was because they (spooky) had more previous customers than buildable games. For them, this was the only fair way. I suspect this is also why pinball star did it the way they did. Will I someday have to turn to the same sale style? Hopefully, but in the mean time i am still small enough to not have the volume of customers that the others do.
As for luke "even talked about it," so what? My customers EARNED the privilege of having first pick at the new game. If luck or Charlie or anyone at spooky has an issue with the way I run my business they will let me know. Fyi, I am also one of spooky's tech support people that answers emails on Christmas eve, after 10pm and even offers facetime to help walk through problems. If I was doing ANYTHING wrong would they let me help them?
Not that I need to explain this, but even after ALL of my previous customers confirmed they wanted a game, new customers started getting games in the mid 200's.
I'm sorry that you are frustrated by the lack of communication from your distributor, but that doesnt mean you should come here and try to attack spooky or myself for doing business they way we feel appropriate for our customers. On the next game you want, find a distributor that will work the way you want things done. That's the nice thing about pinball. The products are all the same no matter who you get them from, so it comes down to who you makes you feel like a priority and not a paycheck.
I believe you even reached out to me about getting a game. Had you stuck with that you would have a number (and even possibly earlier that what you will end up with). I truly do feel bad for you guys that are waiting, but I have done nothing wrong.

#6317 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

LOL - Chris is with Kingpin - it's PinballSTAR who is getting out game numbers out tonight... Let's not beat up on Chris... I'm sure he's on someone's shit list for something but not this... lol

for the right amount of money i could be Chris from PinabllSTAR Midwest division....

something for joe to think about in the new year.

#6439 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When did he become a distributor?
Saw that GAP is claiming to be one now also?

They are both under me and are technically just passing games along to their customers. I needed some Stern titles so we worked out a trade for a handful of games. These are games that game from my allotment, not extras from Spooky.

#6440 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

I am not sure how he arranged it to be honest. I know he had access to a small amount somehow. Given he is someone I trust and consider a friend, it was a no brainer for me.

just good pinball guys helping each other out. nothing more to see here...

#6443 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Aww man, I just got back from Torch and Pitchfork Emporium, they don't accept returns.

we take almost anything in on trade....

#6472 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

How do you find out your reservation number? I have no idea where I’m at.

Ask whenever you purchased from.

#6953 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When you get the "Bill Acceptor Coin Door" option from Spooky, what voltage is wired to the door for the DBA?

120v ac

#6960 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Do the recent spooky games have an optional headphone jack with volume control on the coin door?

No they do not

#7029 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hard to say, but here's my hypothesis.
Many of the first 50 at least are going to mostly people that don't need the money, and probably don't even play pinball. They will either sit in their boxes in storage, or get opened, set up, put somewhere in a room, and not touched - aside for at least 1 that we know probably will route it(?)
The next 50 might be a lower ratio mix of those people, and some in the circuit pin people. Many of those people will actually play it for a bit (or maybe route it...I don't really know how many OP's are in the front of the line).
I'm guessing mid Feb to March before an actual machine hits resale, but I'm guessing there are people in the first 100 that are 'in the know'.

i would love to know where you came up with the idea about the first 50.

#7032 4 years ago

sure, many of the first games are going into the hands of operators and locations that have long supported spooky and pinball in general, not to sit in boxes in some gameroom that is for show. they will be some of the first games produced in order to get a lot of plays on them so that the ones that are going into homes will have the benifet of adjustments that come after 1000's of plays at the hands of both experienced pinball players and new people that just bang the buttons together.

#7225 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The distributors had pre assigned numbers. Those held true and they all had a mix of BSE vs Standards. Standards are built last. So a 535 distro standard is probably built in the 700 build order range. Distro standard numbers are probably lower than Spooky build numbers but in reality they are all around the same.

this is exactly correct.

1 week later
#7874 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Good news. Does anyone have any info on this yet?
Thanks

what info are you looking for? it is the same coin door that is used on many other pinballs. black, 2 coin slots, a dbv knockout plate, and a lock (installed by the door company, not by spooky).

1 week later
#8562 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So that means over 100 standards have been ordered. Would have thought there were fewer.

no, it just means that the numbers were pre-assigned to distributors and some of us have lower numbers for the standards. That doesn't mean that they will be built before the Blood Suckers, just that the game number is lower.

Hope that makes sense.

#8853 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This is actually a very valid point.
I live in a rural area where the options for internet are limited.

this is true. we just got "high speed" internet at the office. We currently have two 10Mbps download lines for a total of 20Mbps. this is up from the "up to" 1.5Mbps dsl that we had up until now, and realistically (while running speed tests online), we were a lot closer to 0.75Mbps download before. You could not watch a youtube video, send (or receive) a large email or update a computer. My audible books would time out or say things like 310 days to go.

It is amazing what being 4 miles "out in the country" will do for your internet speed. I can say this though, i can see ALL the stars on clear nights at the office where i can see "a bunch" of them in the city.

My house as gigabit up and down so i am okay there.

It's all in what you want out of life.

#8878 4 years ago

time to steer the subject towards something else

If license agreements allowed (which i have no idea on), who would you like to see make a cameo?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/01/24/marvel-rick-morty-crossover-reference-x-men-marauders/?fbclid=IwAR0lvxy8a-D9RSf4DcgK7j8J5ylF3aHQBgS1QDdbgrYeyOG6QXWSuNq8D4A

That should distract for a page or two...

#9283 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Does Scott, Bowen, Charlie or anyone associated with spooky have a twitch account?

Scott does, and I think spooky does.

1 week later
#10466 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

lol..I had 3 at one point...

i had 70 at one point...

#10472 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Should have thrown them all up on ebay! You're distributing wrong!

or am I? one time quick money, or a good reputation and comfortable living for the next decade or two?

#10580 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

anyone know what the kruzman clearcoat option costs?[quoted image]

I am just going to get out in front of this.

This is not a spooky sanctioned option. This is NOT NEEDED on Spooky playfields.

There is no doubt that Ron does amazing work, but the Spooky playfields are amazing to start with.

If you still want this done, you (the customer) will have to make the arrangements and cover all of the costs (shipping, packaging materials, etc) and make sure you have enough time so you don't postpone your game in the queue.

Again, Ron is great at what he does, NO ONE is questioning that, but the extra clear is not needed on these playfields.

#10592 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

and for the record i wasnt implying spooky playfields werent good.. just find it interesting that theres a premium option. so cool of you to offer all these customizations.

Quoted from FYMF:

It isnt a premium option for RaM and it wasn't for ACNC. It is something that can be done as previously mentioned however it is not on the upgrade or options list.

Correct, this IS NOT a Spooky Pinball official option or add-on. This one customer has taken it upon themselves to source and have this done.

#10623 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

What does a Kruzman playfield cost? Sounds like a $1000+ process at least?
12 week leadtime, so only >160 may apply?

Quoted from kruzman:

Hello. Spooky is super cool to offer to customers this option. My price is the usual 575 plus shipping to spooky.
If you are not familiar with my process it does take a lot of time, about 12 weeks. I focus on building up a finish that will not wear and dimple like a production finish, and the only way to achieve that is time and elbo grease. It goes like this. I sand the pf including all of the edges of all of the holes and cut outs, I apply 2 coats, allow 15 days to cure, sand everything, including hand sanding all of the edges again... and repeat. after I build 8-10 coats, I allow cure time, and I sand the whole pf level and then up to block sanding by hand to 3000 grit. Then I polish out the surface for usually 5-8 hours. Then I go thru and clean the compound out of all of the cut outs and holes. Before this point, I have sanded and masked and applied 2 coats of poly to the back side to seal moisture and dirt. The high polish will magnify any flaw, and if they or it bothers me, I have to sand it down and do it all again. this happens occasionally.
The way this has been handled so far is people contact spooky and make sure its cool with them. contact me and tell me, and spooky will send me a pf. when it is done, I will contact you to pay me, and then I will ship to spooky. So this makes things real complicated for them, so definitely be cool to them or they will just say no more, and that will suck for everyone. My process takes a long time and it does hold up their production, so it is VERY cool of them to allow this. I would like to think it brings in a couple customers who otherwise wouldn't ,but that may just be ego.
I hope this clears things up.
you can contact me thru pinside or
its better if you go thru [email protected]
As always I would like to thank everyone who makes my job possible, cheers

#10632 4 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Mike - Ride your bike! What's a 140 mile round trip ride? Make it worthwhile

fyi, low of -15 tomorrow night (at least where i am at). might be a fun summer ride, but not a February one.

#10861 4 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

What time is the stream supposed to start? I saw there was a note it's 2 hours but I didn't see where the start time was?
I also tried clicking through randomly on the pages but didn't spot it.

Noon cst.

#10886 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

but why no playfield protector option?

Because it isn't needed.

#11195 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I attempted this, and the distrib told me that as a new customer I couldn't have one until day 2, he wanted to make sure his previous customers all got one and he could be sold out before I got one. Well, I wasn't taking any chances and bought direct.
Found out later he was the only distrib to do that AFAIK and I can't say it didn't leave me with a bad taste in my mouth...
No harm, no foul, though, I can't imagine a future theme that could possibly foster a repeat of this scenario.

And had you been a previous customer and weren't saved a spot you would probably be upset too. Eventually I will have to change to the way spooky and pinball star do things, but for now i can still show special treatment to the people that have supported me.

Sorry it left a bad taste in your mouth, that was never the intent. Glad to hear you got a game regardless.

#11196 4 years ago

And for the record, I have never sold ANY new pinball for over msrp from any company.

#11334 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I doubt Stern would gear up for what would likely be a "small" run like Futurama. The boutiques could do this, but these cult themes will continue to thrive in small batches.

whoa nellie
pabst can crusher
heavy metal
supreme

all of these are small are extremely small runs with high price tags. stern is not above doing small runs, they just don't do them in what we consider to be "modern pinball" layouts, toys, rules, etc.

2 months later
#11951 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Anyone know how many they got out before all of this .

Roughly 70

#11973 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Chris,any info you can share in regards to production?

sadly no. i do tech support from roughly 100 miles away from the production floor.

with all the chaos that is currently happening in WI, I would wait (patiently) to see what spooky is going to do.

As a first responder (volunteer firefighter), health and safety is priority #1. Spooky (and all the other companies) have to determine if they can reopen and keep their employees safe since without employees there is no business.

#11975 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks for the response.
I am a owner operator of a commercial roofing co. That is running full time and safely.
I also owner operate a full production sheet metal fabrication shop in CT. That delivers to the Tri state area (NY,NJand Ct) we are fully operating with a safety plan In order.
Maybe I just want to here what the plan is from Spooky as other do also.
I sent an email no reply yet.

I do not own spooky. I dont know their plan.

2 weeks later
#12082 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

Anyone know what number they might be on?

Late 70's/early 80's should be on the line now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingPinGames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=KingPinGames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.