20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

GB isn’t an adult title. What was considered offensive about it? Aside from Trudeau & the horrible design? Was there a setting for that?

Doesn't Julia Louis-Dreyfus character have sex with a ghost in GB2?

#651 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

New and improved version 2.0 confirmed

Beat me to the post!

#1125 4 years ago

Well as long as we're all left to wild speculation...

I don't know how appropriate a "Blood Sucker" set of addons is going to be for a R&M theme? I assume Spooky has thought this through, but on the surface it seems like a dripping blood paint apron or whatever isn't really going to enhance the theme.

And honestly paying for a poster and the priviledge of ordering first (Fang Club) is distasteful, but I guess "Capitalism".

I dunno. I AM a fan of Spooky pinball, but not a "joiner" I guess.

PS> Iron Maiden 4 Ever!

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:I don’t think you get it AT ALL.
Spooky is a quirky boutique company with a creepy yet fun and playful horror based persona.
You don’t like the idea of the fang club, great don’t join. Someone else will appreciate that spot.

Well shit. Now I *have* to join.

I was half trolling with that post, just going off how Charlie described the BS edition.

I get it plenty, btw.

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If plan is 18 months to build, that is too long. Who wants to wait 18 months for a nonessential toy to be built? Why doesn’t Spooky contract build half through American Pinball? That keeps them both busy for nine months and then if Charlie’s isn’t ready with next title, he could throttle down the number of games AP is building. In all cases it would mean the maximum wait somebody had was nine months and that would be a significant win for their customers.

"No soup for you!"

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think the folks at Spooky might be spending a little too much time on Pinside.

That's the kind of thing you can do when you *only* produce 500 games a year...

I hear they take like 5 coffee breaks a day too.

#1800 4 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Why does poor spookyluke not get a [email protected] e-mail?????

Probation...

#2018 4 years ago

This is either going to be completely f'ing amazing... or a complete disaster!

I am in awe of the brass balls on Scott for going with offset flippers on the bottom. The man is clearly INSANE!

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

They're not offset. One mech is just rotated. The bushings are the same distance up form the edge of the PF.

Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

The flippers are positioned vertically even. I would expect them to be symmetrical as normal.
Baseplates can be at any angle to account for other mechanisms, and are offset asymetrically on many games.
(oops, I got ninja'd by 30 seconds.)

Quoted from Hardsuit:

They're not offset, the pivot point is at the same spot vertically measured from the bottom edge of the playfield. It just looks weird because they rotated the baseplate of the one mech I assume to make everything fit.

Ah, I see now. Okay, I retract my admiration for Scott's balls then - what a pussy!

Probably for the best, many whiny people on pinball podcasts will already have enough trouble dealing with the pop bumper/sling.

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Looks like a streetlevel game like tna.
I do like the layout.
Hope there is a ramp.

It has one, it's right there glued to the bottom of the playfield.

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

that still doesn't explain how they determine your place in line. so if i order 2nd online its the same as if i order from a small distributor 2nd in line?
i know you can't change the style, thats been made clear. the other things have not been made clear...

Some things are unknowable. Not everything in life can be controlled 100%. It's a pinball machine, it'll come when it comes. If you want one sooner rather than later make sure you order a B.S. edition. Other than that, not a whole lot you can do to influence the specific timing of your delivery.

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I’m happy Spooky is putting out another machine because pinball is awesome. My only concern is the low production numbers and slow build times. I mean realistically how do you keep the lights on at this rate? Building these things cost money. R & D is expensive. Licensing is expensive. Employees are expensive. I doubt at these production numbers they have made any profit yet. Just from a business standpoint, I’m concerned. Why limit yourself to 750 units if the games turns out to be a hit. Seems like a bad business model.

They choose to run the company at a sustainable level that suits their lifestyle. They live and work in a small town where other opportunities are relatively scarce, and they are a family owned business. They want to keep the run sizes small in the hope that they can avoid the hassles of A) Hiring more workers that might not be readily available in their area, and B) The prospect of having to lay off workers if/when the next game isn't a smash hit, or something is delayed and the line has to be slowed for a time, etc.

Sure, if R&M is a smash hit they could be leaving *a lot* of potential sales on the table. But in the long run they value the lifestyle factors over the $$$. It's a non-psychopathic way to manage a business, not only about profit for profit's sake.

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm full of them, Rob![quoted image]

Nice to see Charlie made the most of his hair while he had it! I'm in the same boat...

#3180 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you & your friend must be rich to order that many rick & morty pins

...all that podcast $$$.

#3193 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

100 orders in the last 8 minutes between me and a friend

Quoted from j_m_:

you & your friend must be rich to order that many rick & morty pins

...all that podcast $$$.

#3693 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You can actually dial the filtering up and down; because why not. You could set it for 10% unfiltered, and every time it says a thing, you have a 1 in 10 shot of it being uncensored.

It would be fun if there was a "beep" mode too, where the swearing was there but the game beeps it all out, as opposed to "clean" callouts only.

#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Anyone else relieved that it sold out and now you don't have to worry about impulse buying it and explaining it to the wife?

...I would be, if I hadn't gotten all caught up in the hype and jumped in at nearly the last minute.

At least I have a looong time to plan for it.

#3839 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Tossing that around now. We have been playing alot here and it is pretty loaded with fun stuff already. We will decide soon.

When would you estimate the first batch of orders going out to customers to be?

#3910 4 years ago

So 10 non-dedicated adventure/mode stamps on the PF inserts.

It would go with the theme if each game presented a random set of 10 modes to play through for victory from a pool of dozens. Also goes to Scott's tendency (in TNA) to make a "winnable" pinball game where your game just ends once you complete the assigned tasks, while still providing replayability.

Thoughts...

#4074 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If spooky wants to cancel the Dbags order, I will donate $100 to a charity of their choice.

I'm sure he's getting his through Cointaker, they are his enabler.

#4079 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don’t think they are a spooky distributor?

Ah, good catch.

#4186 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am most excited about going to the DMV and filing for my name change!

It’s really too bad I feel like you kind of had a brand going there...

#4722 4 years ago

The Anti-gravity Device (magnasave) works in a really cool old school way on this game. You charge the anti-gravity device using the captive ball (Flooble Crank Post). If you need to use the magnet to save a ball from the outlane, you can tap or hold the secondary button on the right side of the cabinet. The magnet will activate for as long as you hold it and as long as you have charge left. It is 100% time to charge based. You can conserve the charge by tapping, but if you get in a bad situation, you can press and hold and attempt to gain control and drop it down the inlane. This is my personal favorite way that magnasaves are implemented and I have not seen it done like this in a while. There is no exposed core, so pressing and holding is not a guarantee that you will save the ball. I usually just tap it away from the outlane and some of the time, it will flip back up and over the sling back into play.
Sorry for the lengthy responses.
--Scott

Yeah Scott, quit polluting the thread with actual information. This is the home of wistful speculation!

Seriously though, this magna-save implementation sounds f'in awesome. Organic even! Luv it!

Care to comment on how/why/if the center scoop doesn't just fire the ball straight down the middle?

#4725 4 years ago

I realize that this is impracticle in the real world but how awesome would it be to have a Mr. Meeseeks mode where every 10s or whatever the game adds another ball into play (up to say 12 balls) and you have to make 2 shots in order to end the mode, with the additional balls being added making that harder and harder as time goes on. Flood the pf in balls, totally unmanagable, LCD has a Meeseeks for each ball. Hillarity!

#5296 4 years ago

Glad you asked! I made a crap ton of exciting music for the game and remixed some of the show music as well. I also did the sound effects with the exception of the sounds from the show. If you liked what I did on TNA and ACNC, you shoudl be happy.
--Scott

The minute I heard the theme music in the promo video is when I decided to purchase.

“Danesi soundtrack - CHECK!”

#5402 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I can't either, and I'm the one that would have to build the logic to make that happen.
Three in the lock is not as much of a problem, but to get to 4 we'd have to have 3 on one side for at least some amount of time and then the game wouldn't know where that ball is, which is always bad.
So, yeah, there are 4 detectable ball positions in the thing; but filling all of them would be problematic. Sorry Scott.

Quoted from The_Casual:

You might be on to something here, Luke said there were 5 balls total in the game - one of them being staged in the portal. If we lock 4 in the Sanesi lock 2.0 and have one in the portal. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?!

Could be a cool feature, like accidently letting the aliens take your last ship on Galaga!

If you accidently lock your 4th ball (5 total) so that you have no balls left to play with and the game tilts, then drains all your balls!

Doesn't that sound like fun?!

#5449 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I am starving for more RM content. Pics? Video? Whatever....
You know... if you good people at Spooky aren't too busy.

So one thing to realize if you haven't purchased a new Spooky game at launch before is that it often takes much longer than most people would prefer before much else is shown after the official reveal. I remember the ACNC folks basically begging for video of the game being played, etc. and it taking a long time before that was available. While things might be different / faster this time I wouldn't be at all surprised if the SW was very early still on this game.

All in, when you order from Spooky at launch you should just plan to chill your jets a bit. If your order number isn't near the front you might even plan to pick up another game to tide you over until you can expect yours to be ready (and plan to sell it prior to having to pay for RAD). I know some guys that could go through a couple of NiB purchases between the order at launch and actual delivery of the games. After all, it's not like your entire game budget is tied up the whole time.

This is an inevitable part of the boutique pinball vendor purchasing process. I personally kind of love this model since it gives me months of additional time to look forward to receiving my purchase. But I know it's not for everyone.

#5535 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Holy crapballs... ran to Pinball Life yesterday to grab the first batch of parts for this game and WHAMMO!!!!!!! 500 plus new posts?!
Ok, so I get some people are happy and a few are ticked at the order and how we handled all of the chaos. We get it. Trying to make everyone happy is a tall order. We'll learn from this all and do more next go-round.
So remember that "extra something for first day buyers" we promised (which turned out to be EVERYBODY???!!!!) We talked to Adult Swim on an idea we had to thank everyone who supported this game and made it the biggest day in our company history, and they are letting us do something real nice Clark.
Stay tuned... Merry Christmas!!![quoted image]

Charlie you could give everyone a little countdown clock keychain that counts down the days until their game will be ready!

...giant snow day happens and closes the factory and suddenly everyone's clock fails to drop a day and just wait for the panicky posts on pinside!

#5546 4 years ago

5500 posts and not one coil count yet!

I'll take a shot at it, from bottom of the PF to front:

Ball trough 1
Ball shooter 1
Left and right flippers: 2
Left pop bumper: 1
Right sling: 1
Right outlane magnet: 1
Left portal exit upkicker: 1
Top right flipper: 1
Left and right controllable drop targets : 4
Centre upkicker: 1
Danesi lock 2.0 uppost: 1
Rear orbit diverter: 1

That makes 16... What a ripoff!

#5553 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Does the space ship have one? .... seems like something moves it from below, maybe the centre upkicker?

Given the location and shape of the "traffic cone" that the spring comes out of that's what I was thinking. A really long post would hit it.

#5559 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You can widen the grooves for bass just fine at 33, but you start to run into inner groove distortion on the inner tracks; that's what 45 eliminates.
For this application, I'd think 33 with wide grooves and limiting to 15-20min per side across 2x LP would be fine.

I think you vinyl-heads should start your own Rick & Morty Vinyl thread...

#5707 4 years ago

Holy shit, I am no dictator... Fuck it, I am going to call it HHP now. HAHA!
--Scott

I think that would be hilarious!

After all, there are infinite Rick & Morty abbreviations in infinite realities anyway, so who gives a fuck?!

#5710 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

RM was too brief anyway ... what happens when American Pinball releases Ravernous Mermaids??

The name is a bit on the nose, but I’d totally buy that.

#5781 4 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

1 week later and still no Numbers from Pinballstar.
Is it that difficult to figure out.

Too busy selling Stranger Things machines now...

#5788 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

No, Joe doesn't deal with Stern (at least he is not listed as a distributor on his website).

Good point.

#5789 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No. 99% of the people playing would have no clue what that is. I own TNA & had no idea the girl’s name is Scarlett. R&M is already brimming with content and comedy...it doesn’t need an ultra ultra ultra inside pinhead “jokes”.

A little easter-egg for those in-the-know couldn't hurt.

#5867 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So now that weve seen Stern’s latest offering, lets get back to the real discussion.
How about that portal shot? Accessible from two ways depending on what you have lit? Wonder what determines when the diverter is down to allow the right orbit shot or come back for the third flipper shot.
Really like that we can “charge” the portal gun with the spinner. That sounds satisfying. Bet the sfx is satisfying as well.
The garage floor. You can kind of see the effect of the portal light below it, but the angles havent been great yet. Wonder if well be printing a semi transparent portal sticker for that floor or if the effect will be enough.
Also wonder how much of the machine was final final. Did they say? Are the rick and morty decals any larger or different on the drops? Was hoping theyd allow you guys to use a black outline sketch of each one of them so it could still be rgbeautiful and also still look like R or M. The current dots are unobtrusive, but I would see wanting something more later. Just a thick black line outline thats hallow I think might look cool.

Well they did mention that Pickle Rick would somewhere else on the PF so obviously not final/final.

The main thing for me is that the portal shot is satisfying to shoot. So it has to do something to make it a satisfying shot. And yeah, and really cool portal swirl effect would be nice.

#5872 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The thing about the portal shot is it's basically like shooting a left orbit (I think they said you can do it from the right orbit as well). The problem here is...that doesn't seem to lend itself to a satisfying shot...at least in any game I've ever played. Now, I assume since it goes from there to your left flipper every time, there will be a bunch (hopefully) of different combo skill shots set up from left flipper to be made related to whatever mode it goes into.
Generally satisfying shots usually are on difficult ramps or something that is impacted by the shot (dropdowns, bash toys etc). I think what will be important is the outcome of how the 'adventure' ends. Do you play only 1 adventure at a time? Do multiple adventures play out at the same time? I'm not sure I see any potential 'satisfying' shots here...

It's the upper right flipper shot, so yeah, more difficult. I just mean that when you nail it it should do something impressive to make you feel like you did something. Hopefully it's fully visible to the player too and not hidden.

#5887 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So a teleporting ball “instantly” coming back into your left in lane isnt satisfying for you? How about if they made it owner controllable how fast it comes back into the lane? Its basically a wireless ramp and ball return method lol. If its as fast as they say its gonna be sweet.
To me, combo shots with loops to finish are super satisfying and this game looks like it will have those shots.
Its not like you are going to want to change dimensions over and over, so you will most likely avoid it until you need it.

Well, I haven't shot it yet nor seen a real gameplay video. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. All I said it is better be!

#6002 4 years ago

I am working very hard on the lightshows and music, I think you will not be disappointed.
--Scott

No pressure...

You are 100% correct. You need to use it when it counts to have the highest impact. I cannot stress this enough and it was one of the few major things I wanted to prove on TNA along side the fact that you can make an ass kicker game with no ramps.
--Scott

Wait, what? There's no ramps on TNA?!

#6139 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

So what's gonna come first games shipping or a gameplay video?

I'm guessing gameplay video/stream late January, and games shipping then as well. Shall we start a pool?

#6154 4 years ago

Lotss of room in the garage for a really cool Pepper's Ghost effect for the swirling portal! I hope Scott is listening.

#6155 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Would be nice to get an update from Joe on when to expect numbers...that’s going to kick off a whole new round of drama in this thread.

Wouldn't it be funny if Joe messed up and oversold his allotment! lolz!

Okay, not funny. I'm sure everything's fine...

#6303 4 years ago

Thank goodness Chris @ Pinball Star is late getting his order # assignments out or there would be nothing to talk about in this thread, apparently...

#6305 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

LOL - Chris is with Kingpin - it's PinballSTAR who is getting out game numbers out tonight... Let's not beat up on Chris... I'm sure he's on someone's shit list for something but not this... lol

Ah shit. Well then I'm TOTALLY confused. Going back to watching The Witcher to get my head on straight.

#6406 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

This was posted on their Facebook page on the 24th mentioning they got the first batch of cabinets, playfields, and ton of parts.[quoted image]

There *has* to be a reason the portal hole is so huge, hoping for a built in portal effect!

#6865 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Personally I love real knockers.

Me too!

Look guys, if you want to play your R&M Morty quietly with no bad words and low volume while the children sleep, go ahead. That's why there's options on stuff like knockers.

But for me, pinball is loud and proud and a real knocker is that little something special, the icing on th cake, as it were. It's a classic pinball sound generated by real mechanical action. THAT is what *real* pinball is all about.

#6873 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Except that's a backhanded jab - which has been said more than once the same way. Sorry, but if you want to talk about REAL pinball, then you should have reels and pins. I mean, why go to digital at all? That's not *real* pinball. LCD? Stereo Sound? Subs? That's not *real* pinball, not classic pinball. Just saying. The implication that the lack of a knocker somehow diminishes *real* pinball is false. The idea that real knockers somehow are a requirement is absurd when you consider everything that has changed in pinball.

That logic is a slippery slope my friend. Remove the real mechanical knocker today? What's next, might as well just simulate the flippers on a screen too...

They are not a requirement, as I said, but *for me*, they are icing on the cake.

#6879 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The false equivalency is strong in this one.

Quoted from Zablon:

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Whatever guys, I said it was *my* preference. You do you, and I'll be free to judge as I see fit.

#6888 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s fine. I have zero issue with people’s preferences. Knocker away. Just don’t say stupid shit like you’re in the wrong hobby, it’s not real pinball, or it’s a slippery slope to removing flippers.

I'll say what I god damned feel like, thanks. You don't like it, fine. Never said you were in the wrong hobby. And it is a slippery slope...

#6992 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That sounds very cool. If spooky plans on doing any extra knocker effects during some of the game modes they should let us know. If people knew that was coming they would probably sell a lot more knockers.

Nah, screw all those knocker-hating bitches!

#7366 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

So here's one row on the production floor... of 5 different game assembly rows, all in various stages. Here's also what it starts to look like when the office corner of the shop gets buried in 750 Fang Club membership kits! I swear the wife, daughter, and Sally the dog are in there somewhere.
That help clear up any deep overly analyzed mysteries of how we do all this? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Geez Charlie, I know you guys run a small shop, but maybe hiring more than 2 workers to build all the machines would help?!

#7500 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

This pin is already a lot of fun and we’re not even playing it yet!

Let's hope the thread doesn't turn out to be more fun than the pin!

#7524 4 years ago

Wrapping the flooblecrank in rubber would turn it in to a giant ball hazard with all the energy redirected back at the ball sending it flying back at the player.

There is no issue with the metal ball hitting the metal post - it's pinball!

#7594 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Knowing that Bowen hates all the shitty math-chess multiplier bullshit that’s kept me from enjoying new games for the past 5 years makes me extra confident about my purchase.

I second this complete statement. "Shitty math-chess multiplier bullshit" - nailed it!

#7681 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No one's saying Bowen or Danesi shouldn't be playing on the first stream. My point is that Zach is good at putting on a good looking and professional stream. Also the last thing I'd call Zach is a stern hypeman.

To be precise, Zach has been a JJP hypeman in the past with that beautiful Wonka promo video they did. No worries though, I'm sure he'd do a fine job on any game. But my vote would be with Bowen since he's already given tutorials on basically every other game in existence with his PAPA affiliation. Sounds like he doesn't have a game himself yet. Hmm...

#7968 4 years ago

I dunno. Powdercoated coin doors always seem like a step too far to me. I usually prefer just the frame for the door to be powder-coated, leaving the door black. Another difficult decision, thanks Spooky!!

#8112 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Dude you are off your rocker. I lay my airpods on a charger at night and I can wear them as much as I want during the day. I listen to podcasts 4-5 hours a day and never drain the battery. Are you just commenting for the downvotes at this point?

Can we get back to knocker debate now? This one is even dumber. Personally, the idea of playing pinball with headphones on is asinine. Pinball is loud and proud and knockeriffic! But each to their own. I am tolerant that way.

#8240 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

To be honest, I don't care to much about how this will "play" or the "Rules/modes". Im sure its going to be fun and have cool modes going on, its pinball. Im just super excited about the call outs and cant wait to hear what Rick yells at Morty During play. My only concerned is with the music choices they go with. Spooky made IMO one of the best sounding pins with TNA. So im sure they will do Rick and Morty Justice.

Honestly, for me the "straw that broke the camels back" in terms of deciding to order this pin was hearing the video promo with Scott's interpretation of the R&M theme music, and finding out that he was creating a bunch of custom music for the game. I'm confident that the music wil be one of the pillars of the game.

#8298 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Cup holder is done. It might seem a little pricey, but it takes like 12 hours to print all of the parts:
http://www.randompinball.com/rickandmorty

Amazing work! Ordered.

#8322 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Is it just the flippers that fail for you on location or the rings, too?

If you rotate them every couple weeks a 1/2 inch they last a long time on location, but yeah they tend to thin out on the end of the flipper and eventually snap.

Slings can do the same but rarer. Again, just rotate them a bit every so often and not a problem.

#8471 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So one thing to realize if you haven't purchased a new Spooky game at launch before is that it often takes much longer than most people would prefer before much else is shown after the official reveal. I remember the ACNC folks basically begging for video of the game being played, etc. and it taking a long time before that was available. While things might be different / faster this time I wouldn't be at all surprised if the SW was very early still on this game.
All in, when you order from Spooky at launch you should just plan to chill your jets a bit. If your order number isn't near the front you might even plan to pick up another game to tide you over until you can expect yours to be ready (and plan to sell it prior to having to pay for RAD). I know some guys that could go through a couple of NiB purchases between the order at launch and actual delivery of the games. After all, it's not like your entire game budget is tied up the whole time.
This is an inevitable part of the boutique pinball vendor purchasing process. I personally kind of love this model since it gives me months of additional time to look forward to receiving my purchase. But I know it's not for everyone.

Just gonna leave this here...

#8485 4 years ago

For historical reference here are some key dates from the ACNC release:

Sept. 16, 2016: Initial theme announcement
March 26th, 2017: First game showing @ TPF
March 26th, 2018: Pre-orders open
July 30th, 2018: 1st Deadflip stream (buggy sw, not recorded).
Sept. 11th 2018: Factory pictures showing production games being made, first customer shot video of game setup at home.
Dec. 31st, 2019: Final batch of games produced?

So a loooong period of radio silence between the first showing and orders and the first gameplay stream, and even longer to first games shipped. However, Spooky was also running TNAs at the time and ramping up their production team.

With the well-oiled crew they have now I don't expect anything like these kinds of delays for R&M. However, it's always good to realize that making good pinball is hard, and takes longer than you'd think/like.

I really don't mind, I love the anticipation.

#8575 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If this is a dream theme, or you just love the art...and have the extra 1k...it’s totally worth it! I have butter ACNC and love it! Not sure I’d swing for another (maybe), but at least one butter in a pin collection is worth it.

ACNC art package was amazing. Butter warranted for sure. On this pin, the art is fine for the theme, not sure I'd pop for another $1K to butter it up though.

#8648 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Listen to Buffalo Pinball’s twitch with Danesi for a lot of new info about R&M.

This is a great interview! Listening to Scott describe the gameplay made my nipples hard. I'm only getting more excited for this game the more I hear about it.

#8651 4 years ago
Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 9.45.40 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-24 at 9.45.40 AM (resized).png
#8760 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Not a big Jack D fan myself. He came off very ‘fan boy’-ish in the Stranger Things videos imo.
I’d much rather see a video with Bowen playing and explaining the gameplay.

OMG. A minute ago people were begging for any gameplay video, now we're getting all navel gazey about exactly whom should be the one to play on the stream?!

I already bought this friggin' game, of course I want the streamer to PUMP ME UP about how awesome it is. Bring on the fanboi!

Seriously though, "seriously"?

#8766 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My question is this. Why hasn’t there been video game play? Please no excuses. Let the truth be told. Now Dammit! When we see game play is when homeowners show us not Spooky. Come on!

This has been covered a few times. Spooky wants to put its best foot forward with the initial gameplay footage, and the production games aren't quite ready. SW is being worked on heavily and some approvals from the theme owners, etc.

Nobody wants to see an initial stream with a half-baked incomplete mess.

#8828 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Random on topic something:
My favorite callout in the game so far: "Nice, a pair of Mortys. I could carve each of you out and make shoes."
Favorite dimension ... SO FAR ... Underwater Dimension.
/Back to work

Is there a way the player can control which dimension they will enter? Seems important from a strategic standpoint to control which "benefits" are enabled at which times to maximize success!

#8949 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If it represents humanity, we're in trouble.

It does, and we are...

#9040 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

That's how ACNC was. The decals were an extra option so I imagine that's the same here. If you buy one set, they come pre-installed.
Spooky will definitely sell you multiple sets if you want a backup for if/when they wear out.

Call me old fashioned but making target decals an "extra" seems like a bit much. Should be included/standard. Constructive feedback.

#9248 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

there will be plenty available at some point. be patient

Yes, in heaven. There will plenty in heaven.

#9355 4 years ago

Watching the first production gameplay stream is what convinced me to buy TNA.

Hearing Scott’s mix of the R&M theme on the promo video is what convinced me to order R&M.

I’m kind of ambivalent on a stream at this point. I already bought it so can wait to get my hands on it in person.

#9440 4 years ago

That looks great!

#9842 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Epthegeek: What is the reason that the Morty Adventure card starts with 4 adventures already lit? Is that permanent, adjustable, or a placeholder until more adventures are coded in? Awesome job btw! Also, what is the target across from the Squanchy for?

So there are only 41 episodes total in Season 1 through 4, I predict that this game will feature 41 adventures (eventually) to have!

#9925 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wrong dimension o-din

+ don't forget about that restraining order...

#9975 4 years ago

Stream wasn't bad. Nice chill vibe, pretty girl with hardly any makeup an no jewellry. Fox News could learn a lot from this...

I noticed they aligned the insert labels for playfield multipliers since the prototype. Yay! That bothered the shit out of me.

#10012 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

"It's fun for like 5-minutes."

...that’s what she said!

#10062 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I just watched the SMB show on the Adult Swim web channel. Interesting and Revelatory to say the least. Lets just say that THEME is the ONLY reason the game will fetch 7k or 8k, depending on whatever optioned out version any customer will buy of this game. If this were a non licensed theme (ie America's Most Haunted), this game would NEVER sell 200 units, let alone 750 in 4 hours before a full reveal. I suppose this is old news, but actually seeing the game in action is today's topic, so.........
This game is cool because of theme and integration ONLY. Why? Ask yourself "What does this game have to offer on the playfield which is valuable, unique, or engaging and interactive to the player?"
1. a pop bumper sling shot: Cool idea, but far from original, novel, or significant value added to the game
2. Magna Save: again, a cool idea, but NOTHING new
3. Single Subway (garage to portal eject over left flipper): another cool idea, but NOT new
4. two ramps (plastic, if i remember correctly). the ramps do very little "traveling" or curving, so its kind of Gomez-like in the return to flipper.
5. three flippers (extra 45 bucks for the third flipper, if not less)
6. space ship toy (Kerins said that this was "off the shelf", meaning it was not new for this game, which makes it significantly cheaper than designing and manufacturing a new specific toy for this game only). The toy is on a SPRING (See SW)
7. Horseshoe lock mech. THIS is the thing which seems sort of novel, but certainly not a significant addition mechanically, aesthetically, or otherwise. I will say that the physical lock is pretty dang cool, and I'm glad they got it working well.
8. Scoop in the MIDDLE of the PF. another awkward position for a scoop, like TNA
Considering the foregoing, it is readily apparent that the playfield design is neither exciting, nor novel. There is nothing unique, unconventional, or otherwise ground braking about the design, ball path, or mechs in this game, to say nothing about the true value of any part of it or the sum of its parts. I am disappointed in the layout, and the lack of real mechs or interactive toys on this game. Scott Danesi came on this forum and explained that he wasn't worried about the lack of toys on the game because Modders would come out with stuff we could buy. I respect his honesty, but that does not excuse Spooky from being willfully cheap and refusing to implement creative and value adding mechanical devices to the game. Danesi went on to brag about having 16 opto switches in the game. WOWEEEEE!!! SWITCHES!!!!! that's what we all want more of to make our experience so much more enjoyable!!!! (sarcasm) Why not just include a bag of opto switches for us to play with when we cant be home to play our pinball games?
I really love this show, so i was hoping for more. I am bummed. I have heard it over and over that this playfield is conventional and uninspired, not to mention bereft of any real mechanical, interactive devices to affect gameplay and the ball path. I really wanted this to be Spooky's STEP UP in game design. It is not. It is, however, a fantastic theme integration that they have done. I can't wait to see the screen and hear the callouts. But, we all know, we can just buy seasons one through four to see the show and hear Rick's banter. we don't need to spend 8000 dollars to see the show and hear Rick scream at Morty.
I will hand it to spooky for getting this awesome license, but alas, perhaps the license was too expensive to allow them to really give the customers a robust playfield with more to do and engage.
I don't mean to be a thorn in this thread; i just wanted to share my true reaction. I think any buyer will be thrilled to have this game for their own reasons. My reasons for buying a pinball are at least 65-75% layout and design, which includes what I have discussed is missing in this game. The remainder is a hodge podge of art, theme, and sound. I hope the future owners of this game have a great experience from what the game has to offer. I just know that unless that Playfield gets an overhaul, I am not going to be owning one any time soon.
Best Regards,
The one and only BOSS HOG

Lol. That’s a pretty long list of “pretty cool” stuff that somehow doesn’t add up for you.

It’s not the ingredients man, it’s the cake. The cake is awesome (the ingredients are “pretty cool” too).

#10178 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How about Bowen he's one of the best players in the world and he can't make the shot she called for.
She's like 'can you make any shot I want?'
He's like 'sure' then brick city.
(ps don't get mad, I love Bowen it's go to be tough to deal with people like that girl it'd be enough to throw anyone off their game).

Performance anxiety... lol

#10237 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Find them and do what!?!? Thank them for feeling free, to ideally express a view, sans judgment, and being called out on a forum?
Knock that off right there, please. People are free to vocalize their opinions and thoughts (ON A PINBALL GAME, fer cryin' outloud!) any way...they...wish, sans repercussion. I agreed with some points he made, disagreed with some others. Whoopdeedoo.
Differing views is an IDEAL, not a controversy.

Freedom of speech != freedom from reactions to your speech.

#10275 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

The game you saw was my third ever game of Rick and Morty. And it started with me hitting the garage twice and starting a mode within 15 seconds.

Shots are too easy - confirmed!

#10327 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I think Bug was just making a joke about the pickle on rat violence insinuating that because of the graphic depiction of rodent murder by a pickle that maybe this mode should be limited to adult-only settings.

IMHO the subject material with this theme is totally unsuitable for kids, regardless of whether you remove the swearing or not. Rick's relationship with Morty and others is completely toxic. It's all in good edgy fun for adults but you need to have a level of maturity that kids simply lack to discern the layers here. Just my opinion, of course, and I'm far from a prude, but I would NOT let my kids younger than 14 or so watch this show at all.

I guess we'll have to see what the Family Mode actually presents to judge, but it's hard to imagine how the adventures can be made "safe" enough for kids will still having enough "there" to base a game on.

#10355 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Who cares
Dont think too small kids will get the toxicness either, as it needs a certain maturity to appreciate it.

Not an issue here, my kids are all older. Just saying, there's a lot more "wrong" with the content than some swearing.

#10730 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

In this instance, I'd be set back about 6 months from where I am. My game is likely available in the next month or so.
I was thinking $200/month was reasonable, considering the jealousy I will be dealing with as I see the early games come out.

Well you also have to factor in the likelyhood that the early games will have a bunch of issues that will be discovered and fixed in the later production units. I'd say if I were to trade you for my low 300's position, I'd actually be doing you a favour!

So yeah, because I'm a nice guy I'll go straight across to help you out.

1 week later
#11342 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Wasn't that the rumored title Ben Heck was trying to get made before he left Spooky?

Well he discussed the theme and I think said it was too $ for Spooky at whatever time they were considering it. Of course, Spooky has more scratch these days than they used to and now that the TV series has been cancelled getting Bruce Campbell for voice-over work might be a lot less expensive than it was.

2 months later
#11933 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Hello,
Does anybody know where can I get sound files for Rick and Morty pinball? Since Spooky stoped using .zip files for their games beggining from TNA, I can't find sounds by downloading code for RAM
The reason I'm looking for sound files from RAM is because I think musics from that pinball are great, and I'd like to listen to them without hearing other sound effects, callouts, or flipper or bumper sounds while music plays.
Thanks in advance,
Peter

Just shoot TheNoTrashCougar a line, maybe he can release the soundtrack on Apple Music or whatever like he did for TNA, assuming the licensor agrees.

2 months later
#12141 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am 501 seems like lightyears away.

It is literally a light year away, most likely.

#12148 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

If it was litterally a light year away that would be a Distance of about 9,000,000,000,000 kilometres. (6 trillion miles or so)
That means that IF the courier is travelling at about one billion killometers an hour (roughly the speed of light) it would still take about a year to arrive (from the shipping date).
It's not the DR thread

Well there you go, his game will arrive in approx. the time it takes light to travel 9,000,000,000,000 kms. Or one year, at light-speed.

Maybe Spooky can figure out a way to assemble games faster than the speed of light?

2 months later
#12217 3 years ago

Just read that Wisconsin is heavily impacted by Covid at this time.

https://news.yahoo.com/almost-all-of-wisconsin-is-classified-as-a-covid-hotspot-194217233.html

Here's hoping Team Spooky can remain safe and productive.

4 weeks later
#12229 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Oh man that looks great.
How much extra does that run?

If you have to ask...

9 months later
#12269 2 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

Where is the best place to buy a replacement fan that cuts down on noise compared to stock fan? Thanks !

If you're at all handy you can just buy the fan and install it yourself for less $.

I used this model, I see they are out of stock at the moment: https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/sunon-fans/HA60251V4-1000U-A99/6198731?s=N4IgTCBcDa4KwE4C0BGA7AgzEgcgERAF0BfIA

Maybe find a similar spec alternative.

I just cut the connector from the orig fan and solder it to the wires on the new fan. You do need to find larger screws for the fan housing, again not a big deal.

But yeah, Pinmonk offers the complete kit.

#12272 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I haven't needed the flipper fans and you might want to go to the R&M club thread as this one is about dead.
Replacing the cab fan with the Pinmonk kit is easy... at least once you get the unit out of the cabinet. In my case the minion that installed it cranked down so hard on the connectors that it split one of the U shaped connectors into a "Y" shape... making it damn difficult to disconnect. And having to fight with it bent over into the cab working under the PF is no fun at all. My back didn't appreciate it at all.
Hopefully yours will go smoothly as it is *so worth it*. Shuts down the jet engine currently revving in your home and finally your machine will be almost silent. Thank god as mine at least was loud as hell.
Congrats on the game. It'll frustrate you at first but you'll be a better person in the end (or maybe just a better player). Also in the club thread are the key posts full of tweaks (most you won't hopefully have to do).

Yeah, I must have blocked that out but removing and re-installing the power-supply was a major PIA.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,699 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.